PDA

View Full Version : Update: Bobcats have five legit offers for #2 pick (Post 127)

Fresno
06-27-2012, 03:07 AM
NBA Source just told me the Bobcats will probably trade the 2nd pick. This is gonna be a an Exhilirating 48 hours for Charlotte. #Bobcats

Same NBA Source told me Michael Jordan is giving Rich Cho Full Autonomy on Trades, Draft Decisions, Free Agency, etc. Things are looking up.

http://twitter.com/#!/marcjames

Rich Cho is a smart GM. Im pretty sure he's going to try to capitalize on some deal to get the Bobcats more talent because they do need it.

Maybe even trading the #2 for all 3 of Houston's Top 20 draft picks.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-27-2012, 03:11 AM
That's nice.....but trade the #2 pick to WHICH TEAM?!??!?!?!

shep33
06-27-2012, 03:16 AM
Likely going to Cleveland.

AI4MVP
06-27-2012, 03:17 AM
trade it to the Timberwolves for Derrick Williams!!!!!!!!!!!! I want Bradley Beal!! C'mon C'mon C'mon.

jrap2
06-27-2012, 03:17 AM
#2 goes to Cleveland and Cleveland selects Beal.

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Damn Kings need to jump on it hard!!! Tyreke + other player, for pick and one of them awful players. Pick than at #2 and #5. xD

Six-8-TheWizard
06-27-2012, 03:23 AM
I dont think exhilarating and Bobcats can be used in the same sentence lol

Seriously though, theres so many question marks surrounding everything in this draft. I haven't been this excited for one in a long time.

Monta is beast
06-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Damn Kings need to jump on it hard!!! Tyreke + other player, for pick and one of them awful players. Pick than at #2 and #5. xD

You think Tyeke Evans can get you the 2nd pick? Let me get your dealers number bro.

Fresno
06-27-2012, 03:30 AM
You think Tyeke Evans can get you the 2nd pick? Let me get your dealers number bro.

I'd rather trade the #2 pick for Tyreke or James Harden before I trade it for someone like Pau Gasol or Josh Smith(with 1 year on his deal).

Both have been rumored as potential targets.

ThunderousDemon
06-27-2012, 03:32 AM
#2 pick for pau.:dance:

smiddy012
06-27-2012, 03:32 AM

lmao

bholly
06-27-2012, 03:33 AM
That's nice.....but trade the #2 pick to WHICH TEAM?!??!?!?!

See, these idiot bs rumor twitter jerkoffs never give the specifics. Always some random general **** and cliche crap with, "sources close to someone who is familiar with their thinking".

like how the hell do you know what the other person is thinking. Like wtf has NBA journalism come to?

I'm pretty sick of this stupid complaint again and again. That's what all journalism is. If you want certainty and 100% of the information, the teams will release press conferences after it's gone through. Hell, Stern might even make an announcement from the podium. Afterwards Stephen A Smith will say something asinine in an overly dramatic voice, Hollinger will grade the move for both teams and a few days later Chad Ford will make his first big board for next year, and a few years from now they'll retrospectively add context to make it tie in with whatever the narrative at the time is.
If you want certainty and 100% of the information, wait for that.

If you want information as soon as it's available, then you're going to have to put up with it being incomplete and often speculative. Right now that's likely all the information that exists. Journalists aren't getting every detail direct from GMs and then just sitting on good information to annoy you. As soon as they have a scrap of what they consider credible information they put it out there for one simple reason: they want you, and they know you want it. You're in the thread reading it, and you're on twitter looking for it and you're refreshing espn hoping for it because you're clamoring for that info. Quit with the moaning when they're just giving to you what you're desperate for. You want information, and they're giving you what they have right now.

"Sources" isn't a cliche, it's an accurate description. You want them to give names? The only thing that achieves is that that person gets cut out of the loop and the information dries up, then we know nothing. If you want more info, you can't have certainty.
"familiar with their thinking" doesn't mean they read minds, it means someone who has been in on or been privvy to discussions, whether first hand or second hand or twelfth hand. Someone the reporter trusts.

If you think NBA journalism is so easy, and there's information out there just waiting to be published, go do it. You get to go to games every night and talk to GMs and players instead of the people on here, and you get to know everything just before everyone else instead of ranting about how they never tell you anything. What's stopping you?

Monta is beast
06-27-2012, 03:35 AM
I'd rather trade the #2 pick for Tyreke or James Harden before I trade it for someone like Pau Gasol or Josh Smith(with 1 year on his deal).

Both have been rumored as potential targets.

I understand those have been rumored names, but no way in hell they are seriously being considered. Tyreke Evans cannot get you the 2nd overall pick, I'm sorry.

Stunner
06-27-2012, 03:38 AM
I understand those have been rumored names, but no way in hell they are seriously being considered. Tyreke Evans cannot get you the 2nd overall pick, I'm sorry.

Evans and 5th yes

b@llhog24
06-27-2012, 03:38 AM
bholly got mad.

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 03:39 AM

Yes, Tyreke and another player (Heyes, Jimmer or X) + second round pick, why not? If they want to shop the pick it would be the deal I would send them.

b@llhog24
06-27-2012, 03:40 AM

Evans and 5th yes

This is the deal he was talking about.

Monta is beast
06-27-2012, 03:43 AM
Yes, Tyreke and another player (Heyes, Jimmer or X) + second round pick, why not? If they want to shop the pick it would be the deal I would send them.

Your out of your mind bro. Tyreke is a nice player, but no way in hell is he worth the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

GSWJunkie
06-27-2012, 03:47 AM
Warriors should jump on this opportunity. #7, #30, #35, #52 and DWright for #2 and fillers. They don't have a lot of large salaries on their roster so I'm not sure we can also give them cap relief. Their current top salaries after the Maggette trade are Tyrus Thomas and DeSagana Diop and I don't think they will part with either player. I could be wrong though as I don't follow the team and am not sure what the mental situation is for either of those players.

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 03:47 AM
Your out of your mind bro. Tyreke is a nice player, but no way in hell is he worth the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

Now, that is your opinion, mine is different. :)

Again TYREKE +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ another player. Not Tyreke alone. Read first with understanding.

b@llhog24
06-27-2012, 03:51 AM

Again TYREKE +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ another player. Not Tyreke alone. Read first with understanding.

Still not enough, unless that player is DMC.

Monta is beast
06-27-2012, 03:53 AM

And you think that's enough? The Warriors could offer more than that dude. We could offer the 7th pick, 30th pick, 35th pick, 52nd pick, Jeremy Tyler, & Dorell Wright while taking on Tryus Thomas' contract. And I don't think that would be enough to convince the Bobcats to trade the pick.

KingOfSanJose
06-27-2012, 03:54 AM

:facepalm: every thread.... Why settle for the #2 pick? Pau Gasol could get you that pick, their next years pick, the pick after that, cash, kemba and you could get Michael Jordan to come out of retirement and play for you guys... I mean it is PAU GASOL... :facepalm:

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 03:55 AM
Still not enough, unless that player is DMC.

Now Tyreke + DMC for that #2 would be ridiculous. ;)

b@llhog24
06-27-2012, 03:55 AM
And you think that's enough? The Warriors could offer more than that dude. We could offer the 7th pick, 30th pick, 35th pick, 52nd pick, Jeremy Tyler, & Dorell Wright while taking on Tryus Thomas' contract. And I don't think that would be enough to convince the Bobcats to trade the pick.

That's a deal-breaker imo.

b@llhog24
06-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Now Tyreke + DMC for that #2 would be ridiculous. ;)

:laugh2:

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 03:58 AM

Dude, that is your opinion. As for me, it works. You and I don't know what the Bobcats want. That is just my proposal. No need to hate. If I was the Kings GM I WOULD SEND THAT DEAL TO THEM, would they accept it, I don't know.

GSWJunkie
06-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Oops, my bad, I just looked up Ben Gordon's contract and he is now the highest paid player on their roster. Unfortunately, I don't think my Dubs can offer relief for them w/o giving them Biedrins or Jefferson back and they won't want either of those players, LOL.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-27-2012, 04:02 AM
:facepalm: every thread.... Why settle for the #2 pick? Pau Gasol could get you that pick, their next years pick, the pick after that, cash, kemba and you could get Michael Jordan to come out of retirement and play for you guys... I mean it is PAU GASOL... :facepalm:

This is true because Pau has a FIBA World Championship, A Silver Olympic Medal, a ROY award and 2 NBA World Championships with a high pressure winning organization like the Los Angeles Lakers and a future Hall of Famer.

So yes, we should basically get the world in return for Mr. Pau Gasol. :D

ThunderousDemon
06-27-2012, 04:04 AM

lol, I shouldn't have to tell you that I wasn't serious.

Bruno
06-27-2012, 04:06 AM
i'd love to know what MJ is thinking here. he's either holding a hell of a wild card in his deck, or ownership just isn't his thing.

Ebbs
06-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Evans and 5th yes

bobcats would rape the **** out of that deal

aussie
06-27-2012, 05:09 AM
hmmm interesting

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Its Tyreke + another player like Hayes, Jimmer, Garcia or #5 + Thornton not #5 + Tyreke, that is too much for anything.

pebloemer
06-27-2012, 05:40 AM
DeRozan and 8th overall!

YoungOne
06-27-2012, 05:48 AM
maybe they try to ship gordon with the 2nd pick

todu82
06-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Come on Detroit make a phone call and get that #2 pick.

kblo247
06-27-2012, 06:46 AM
i'd love to know what MJ is thinking here. he's either holding a hell of a wild card in his deck, or ownership just isn't his thing.

Let's send him Pau! It's time for our semi annual deal with Charlottte lol.

MJ is bad as an owner and poker player.

king4day
06-27-2012, 07:14 AM

Since Tyreke is due for a contract soon, I don't think Charlotte would want him by himself. They'd probably demand the 5th pick to be included so they know if he walks in a couple years, they still have something to show for it (or whenever his contract is up).

Blink
06-27-2012, 07:30 AM
maybe they try to ship gordon with the 2nd pick

If Charlotte could do that....man their GM should win GM of the year on draft day..

I think #2 + Gordon for #5 + Evans is fair. Although Evans isn't happy in Sacramento he sure is hell not going to be happy in Charlotte.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-27-2012, 07:47 AM
We'll give you Amar'e and a pretty stellar high five

mark1125
06-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Come on Detroit make a phone call and get that #2 pick.

They can make the call, but they don't have the picks, or players (they wont send Monroe or Knight) to make it happen.

Best thing for the Pistons would be to trade down and try to pick up an extra #1.

Blazers#1Fan
06-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Smart move because get extra from cleveland and still get robinson because wash needs a sg not a pf And cleveland wants beal i wonder if they can get thristan thompson out that deal doubt it, casspi probably

Biyombo
Robinson
Henderson/casspi
Gordon
Walker

After getting robinson you need to fill 2 spots to become relevant i think they keep the pick get a decent sg qnd sf and you are doin it sign OJ Mayo and gerald green and you have a up and coming young team

ChiSox219
06-27-2012, 08:05 AM
#2 and Biyombo for Deng/Noah. Sign Hinrich.

Hinrich
Gordon
Deng
Tyrus
Noah

:drool:

Theyhateme459
06-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Yes Yes Yes!!! No players though, please let's trade this pick for more future picks! That's all I really want. More chances to draft players in the lottery in future years.

IndyRealist
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Its Tyreke + another player like Hayes, Jimmer, Garcia or #5 + Thornton not #5 + Tyreke, that is too much for anything.

#5 + Thorton is better than Tyreke + a player. Teams don't generally trade a former lottery pick unless they've given up on them. But really, I'd rather have #4 and #24 from Cleveland.

Rich Cho must be really confident in his drafting database.

blastmasta26
06-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Curious about what exactly Charlotte wants in return because they need talent in the short term and long term desperately.

black1605
06-27-2012, 10:27 AM
According to multiple sources, the Bobcats are trying to convince teams interested in the second pick to also take back disappointing power forward Tyrus Thomas, who has more than $26 million remaining on his contract.

I really doubt anyone will take Tyrus. Either way, I think Cleveland is capable of making the best offer for the pick.

effen5
06-27-2012, 10:31 AM

Hinrich
Gordon
Deng
Tyrus
Noah

:laugh:

That's the bulls team 4 years ago

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
If Charlotte could do that....man their GM should win GM of the year on draft day..

I think #2 + Gordon for #5 + Evans is fair. Although Evans isn't happy in Sacramento he sure is hell not going to be happy in Charlotte.

Who told you he isn't happy in Sacramento? As far as I know he loves it here.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-27-2012, 10:40 AM
I really doubt anyone will take Tyrus. Either way, I think Cleveland is capable of making the best offer for the pick.

Amar'e for Thomas and the #2.

You can also have Toney Douglas

#championship

black1605
06-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Amar'e for Thomas and the #2.

You can also have Toney Douglas

#championship

I wouldn't be at all interested in Amare's contract.

DR_1
06-27-2012, 10:45 AM
No way the Bulls do that :laugh:

LongIslandIcedZ
06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't be at all interested in Amare's contract.

Well then I suppose I have to really hope Jordan is lol

Gritz
06-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Might as well, they already got their franchise player in Ben Gordon

*Silver&Black*
06-27-2012, 11:04 AM

Josh Smith and #23 for #2 and Tyrus?

black1605
06-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Josh Smith and #23 for #2 and Tyrus?

This kind of deal has been discussed on the Bobcats board I go to, and reviews are mixed. I don't think it would happen because Smith would likely leave after the season to go to a more appealing team who is ready to win. I would rather keep the pick and develop the talent for cheap. If Smith had a longer contract, for a reasonable price, I'd jump all over it.

JDM
06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
In other news, the sky is blue.

Seriously, though, for those wondering, we want assets- draft picks and young talent. We have no interest whatsoever in aging vets with big contracts, unless it also nets us drafts picks or young talent (like the Detroit trade did).

I'm also a bit puzzled about us trying to trade Thomas. We can just amnesty him and get a greater return without him in the trade. Trying to trade will only net us less of a return. Just amnesty him.

JDM
06-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Also, as always, in Cho I trust.

black1605
06-27-2012, 11:16 AM
In other news, the sky is blue.

Seriously, though, for those wondering, we want assets- draft picks and young talent. We have no interest whatsoever in aging vets with big contracts, unless it also nets us drafts picks or young talent (like the Detroit trade did).

I'm also a bit puzzled about us trying to trade Thomas. We can just amnesty him and get a greater return without him in the trade. Trying to trade will only net us less of a return. Just amnesty him.

I just don't see Jordan eating twenty-five million dollars for absolutely no return. I think he'd rather keep him than do that.

BullsBearsSox11
06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Chicago Trades Deng, 29th pick and the Bobcats Pick from Tyrus Thomas for the Number 2 pick and a trade exception.

Does that work or even make sense to anyone?

JDM
06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
I just don't see Jordan eating twenty-five million dollars for absolutely no return. I think he'd rather keep him than do that.

Perhaps, but I would rather waive him, pay what we have to, and allow ourselves to make a better trade. If we are going to have to pay him, I would rather do so with him as far away from Charlotte as possible. But if trying to trade Thomas prevents us from first round picks or young talent, I will be very disappointed.

black1605
06-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Chicago Trades Deng, 29th pick and the Bobcats Pick from Tyrus Thomas for the Number 2 pick and a trade exception.

The salaries don't work straight up, but would be easy to fix. I don't know that either team would really be interested though.

I'm a Duke fan though, so I'd love to see Deng play for the Bobcats. Maybe if the Bulls give us our future first back, we might be able to make a deal.;)

JDM
06-27-2012, 11:26 AM

2 to 29 is way too far of a drop, in my opinion. I feel that in whatever trade we do, we will want a high lotto pick as part of the deal.

Ill21
06-27-2012, 11:26 AM
#2 to the Knicks for Amare

effen5
06-27-2012, 11:28 AM

Wouldnt give the 29th for amare

black1605
06-27-2012, 11:28 AM

Again, no. Not after a season like that. Remember, there's a reason so many Knicks fans seem to be ready to dump him, and no other fans are interested in acquiring him.

JDM
06-27-2012, 11:31 AM
That has to be the hundredth time I've seen the Amare trade offer- no.

Theyhateme459
06-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Curious about what exactly Charlotte wants in return because they need talent in the short term and long term desperately.

We don't need short term talent, we need more picks for long term youth and success. Rebuilding is a long term process, and future draft picks help.

uprightciti
06-27-2012, 11:38 AM
give me the #2 and tyrus thomas for amare, td, and a future unprotected

Vinylman
06-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Let's send him Pau! It's time for our semi annual deal with Charlottte lol.

MJ is bad as an owner and poker player.

not as bad as Paul Pierce at Poker who has lost over $2 million in Vegas since the end of the season :speechless:

just sayin

BullsBearsSox11
06-27-2012, 11:41 AM
It would be Deng plus our 2012 pick whick is 29th and the future Charlotte pick which is a unprotected pick in 2016 for the 2012 2nd pick and the trade exception evens the trade out money wise I believe.

chrism516
06-27-2012, 11:43 AM
give me the #2 and tyrus thomas for amare, td, and a future unprotected

Thats an awful trade! You think the unprotected pick is something that will seal this trade? In a weak Eastern Conf. where the Knicks will make the playoffs, that pick is mid- late teens. Amare is starting to decline too. Brutal trade.

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM

I would not take Amare for free, he is an idiot (he proved that time and time again), and is rapidly decreasing in basketball world.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-27-2012, 02:08 PM
#2 to the Celtics for Rondo.

black1605
06-27-2012, 02:16 PM
#2 to the Celtics for Rondo.

I don't think Boston would consider that.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't think Boston would consider that.

They should. Just wondering, as a Bobcats fan would you do that?

ElFuturoDeESPN
06-27-2012, 02:26 PM
#6, Wes Matthews, rights to Victor Claver for #2 :drool:

Get it done, Olshey!

black1605
06-27-2012, 02:31 PM
They should. Just wondering, as a Bobcats fan would you do that?

I love Rondo, I just don't think it would be a great fit. He is a combustible personality, and I don't know how he would handle being on a losing team. I would probably pass on it.

cubbies7177
06-27-2012, 02:48 PM

Hinrich
Gordon
Deng
Tyrus
Noah

hahaha thats pretty hilarious. old bulls.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Gotta feel bad for the Bobcats... they have the worst win % in NBA history, they miss out on AD in the lottery, and now they are stuck with the 2nd pick in a deep draft but with only one potential superstar player...

FarOutIos
06-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Gotta feel bad for the Bobcats... they have the worst win % in NBA history, they miss out on AD in the lottery, and now they are stuck with the 2nd pick in a deep draft but with only one potential superstar player...

I guarantee there will be at least one player who end up being just as good, or better than Anthony Davis.... The hard part is getting the #2 pick right...

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I guarantee there will be at least one player who end up being just as good, or better than Anthony Davis.... The hard part is getting the #2 pick right...

Be that as it may, the Bobcats only wanted the first pick in the draft, as you can see from them shopping the second pick...

j-bay
06-27-2012, 03:53 PM
hold on put on those brakes ladies and gents

Sam Amico from Fox Sports tweeted this:

Talked to two NBA execs this morning who believe Cavs will end up with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist at No. 4, and that potential deal with Bobcats for No. 2 pick is off. Or at least on hold.

black1605
06-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Be that as it may, the Bobcats only wanted the first pick in the draft, as you can see from them shopping the second pick...

Really narrow thinking if you believe that. What team wouldn't field calls for the #2 pick? That's a GM's job, exploring every possible scenario. They aren't "shopping" the pick, they're listening to offers.

Quote from today:

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell
Higgins, Cho go out of their way to say they highly value No. 2. Cho: "It would take something really enticing to trade back.''

If a GM doesn't listen to offers, he's not doing his job. They're happy with #2, but if they can get their guy at #4, and add #24, that's a great move.

black1605
06-27-2012, 03:57 PM
hold on put on those brakes ladies and gents

Sam Amico from Fox Sports tweeted this:

That was from this morning. The Bobcats have openly said they're asking for a lot, so no surprise if no one is willing to make it happen. If Cleveland wants MKG, there is no need to move. Plus they will get decent value at 24.

j-bay
06-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Really narrow thinking if you believe that. What team wouldn't field calls for the #2 pick? That's a GM's job, exploring every possible scenario. They aren't "shopping" the pick, they're listening to offers.

Quote from today:

If a GM doesn't listen to offers, he's not doing his job. They're happy with #2, but if they can get their guy at #4, and add #24, that's a great move.

Not unless the wizards trade down. I'm hearing your guy is robinson

black1605
06-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Not unless the wizards trade down. I'm hearing your guy is robinson

Not sure what you mean. Washington trading down doesn't affect us at all.

GSW Hoops
06-27-2012, 04:03 PM

I'd rather have Tyreke than Beal, I think.

aaronmckie
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Iguodala and the 15th pick to the Bobcats for 2nd pick, Tyrus Thomas, and Diop.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote from today:

Im thinking realistically..... lets say they got the 1st pick instead.... would they even listen to trade offers??? I think not... Davis is the only player in this draft with SUPERSTAR POTENTIAL..... im not saying that he will have the best career or anything, but no one else in the draft has as much potential as him.... and the Bobcats were upset that they lost out on the chance to get him.

JDM
06-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah it was a disappointment, but at this juncture it would be negligent to not at least listen.

black1605
06-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Im thinking realistically..... lets say they got the 1st pick instead.... would they even listen to trade offers??? I think not... Davis is the only player in this draft with SUPERSTAR POTENTIAL..... im not saying that he will have the best career or anything, but no one else in the draft has as much potential as him.... and the Bobcats were upset that they lost out on the chance to get him.

Of course they wanted Davis, but you said they were shopping the second pick because they weren't happy. That's silly.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Of course they wanted Davis, but you said they were shopping the second pick because they weren't happy. That's silly.

You didn't answer my question.... but k :)

black1605
06-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Would they listen? Yes. Would they turn down? Yes.

Better? I don't see what that has to do with your original point.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Would they listen? Yes. Would they turn down? Yes.

Better? I don't see what that has to do with your original point.

They wouldn't listen, you're reaching on your posts man, you guys wouldn't trade the first pick, and since you know there isn't another player like AD in the draft, you may not be shopping the 2nd pick but you are very open towards it, more than just "listening"....

black1605
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
They wouldn't listen, you're reaching on your posts man, you guys wouldn't trade the first pick, and since you know there isn't another player like AD in the draft, you may not be shopping the 2nd pick but you are very open towards it, more than just "listening"....

The Hornets listened to the Cavs, didn't they? What am I reaching on? If anything, you claiming that the Bobcats "only" wanted the first pick, and because they didn't get it, they're shopping the pick, is reaching.

Show me a lottery team that didn't want the first pick. Show me a team that won't field phone calls from other teams.

Reaching? Please. Everything I've said is factual, and you're claiming to know the thought process of the Bobcat's front office. And I'm reaching...

ChiSox219
06-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Thats an awful trade! You think the unprotected pick is something that will seal this trade? In a weak Eastern Conf. where the Knicks will make the playoffs, that pick is mid- late teens. Amare is starting to decline too. Brutal trade.

Knicks unprotected first makes me :drool:

but bad deal

Stunner
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Rumor is the Thunder like Beal , if I was them I would trade Harden to them for the pick. They don't have enough to keep Harden and Ibaka. Replace and plug

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 05:04 PM
The Hornets listened to the Cavs, didn't they? What am I reaching on? If anything, you claiming that the Bobcats "only" wanted the first pick, and because they didn't get it, they're shopping the pick, is reaching.

Show me a lottery team that didn't want the first pick. Show me a team that won't field phone calls from other teams.

Reaching? Please. Everything I've said is factual, and you're claiming to know the thought process of the Bobcat's front office. And I'm reaching...

We didn't listen to the Cavs, we turned it down right then and there....so there goes that part of that...

And me saying that if they got the first pick, they wouldn't "field" offers for it, but since they lost the Draft Lottery, they have made the 2nd pick available, they may not be MAKING deals, but they sure are open about talking about dealing it

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 05:09 PM
And factual?!? I guess you don't know what the term "fact" means man, because there is noting factual about saying the Bobcats are HAPPY about being the worst team ever and only getting the second pick in a draft that only has one superstar.... Im sure they'd rather have the second pick over any other pick(other than the first...) but saying they are happy about missing out on AD is IGNORANT

black1605
06-27-2012, 05:14 PM
First, please show me where I said they would rather have the second pick.

Second:

We didn't listen to the Cavs, we turned it down right then and there

How did they turn down an offer if they didn't hear it. Seriously, make one valid point.

GoferKing_
06-27-2012, 05:48 PM
I'd rather have Tyreke than Beal, I think.

And who is talking about Beal? Robinson and Barnes/MKG.xD

MiamiBoy77
06-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I think the Cats are in a very similar position that the Vikings were in. If you can get even a decent role player and future pick to move from 2 to 4 I would do it.... unless you want Beal.

black1605
06-27-2012, 09:49 PM
I keep hearing from other teams the price ‪#Bobcats‬ set to move down is too high. Unless that changes, expect them to stay at No. 2

Glad to see they're still asking a lot. Either we get our guy at two, or a team gives in and makes the deal we want. Pretty sure we want to include Tyrus in any deal, and no one will touch him.

Total360
06-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Personally I reckon the Bobcats should just trade number 2 for the 4th and 24th. Are Cleveland turning that down???

Noone is going to take TT contract on, that is one of the worst contracts ever for a player like himself. When he came to the Cats he was playing superb but after his extension he is a player I wouldnt even have in my rotation!

black1605
06-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Personally I reckon the Bobcats should just trade number 2 for the 4th and 24th. Are Cleveland turning that down???

Noone is going to take TT contract on, that is one of the worst contracts ever for a player like himself. When he came to the Cats he was playing superb but after his extension he is a player I wouldnt even have in my rotation!

I'm not sure what the snag is with Cleveland. Some reports say that 4 and 24 is a standing offer, some reports say the Cavs don't want to include 24, and include one of their second round picks instead.

If the Bobcats are turning down 4 and 24, I would be confused, but I trust Cho has everything under control. Maybe with all the fuss over Beal lately, the Bobcats decided to take him for themselves. Henderson wouldn't be too hard to trade.

j-bay
06-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Yo got it all wrong the bobcats want the 24th. Cleveland is offering the 33rd and 34th but Cleveland doesn't want to give up the 24th. And you know if the Cavs want Beal that badly, then they should or Washington is going to take Beal.

j-bay
06-27-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure what the snag is with Cleveland. Some reports say that 4 and 24 is a standing offer, some reports say the Cavs don't want to include 24, and include one of their second round picks instead.

If the Bobcats are turning down 4 and 24, I would be confused, but I trust Cho has everything under control. Maybe with all the fuss over Beal lately, the Bobcats decided to take him for themselves. Henderson wouldn't be too hard to trade.

Maybe the Bobcats don't want to trade because of the Wizards trade rumors.

black1605
06-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Yo got it all wrong the bobcats want the 24th. Cleveland is offering the 33rd and 34th but Cleveland doesn't want to give up the 24th. And you know if the Cavs want Beal that badly, then they should or Washington is going to take Beal.

....that's exactly what I said...

Total360
06-27-2012, 10:19 PM
This is bizzare.

If the Cavs really love Beal they would do the 24th and 4th. Charlotte would be stupid to take a second rounder instead. And if Beal is that good just take him!

Anyone know what other teams are offering?

WITZ
06-27-2012, 10:20 PM

I read the same as the cavs having offered the 4 & 24 ,but the Bobcats wanting Varejao on top of that. Im assuming if beal is taken 2nd a deal got done with the cavs but not for that price obviously .

j-bay
06-27-2012, 10:21 PM
This is bizzare.

If the Cavs really love Beal they would do the 24th and 4th. Charlotte would be stupid to take a second rounder instead. And if Beal is that good just take him!

Don't know i think most teams have backed out. I think its only Cleveland now. Although i think they do have a little hesitation because of the Washington rumors.

black1605
06-27-2012, 10:23 PM
This is bizzare.

I think the Cavs offer is the only one with any significance. Some speculation that the Wizards might offer #32 in order to swap picks to make sure they get their guy. So if Robinson is indeed who the Bobcats want, I'd assume they'd take that, but probably speculation at this point.

Less than 24 hours away, looking forward to the whole draft. Should be a good one.

Total360
06-27-2012, 10:27 PM
That would make a lot of sense by the Wiz

JDM
06-27-2012, 10:29 PM
I still wholeheartedly disagree with the report that we want to include TT in any trade. It's killing any chance we have of a good return. I guess you never know, though. Maybe the love for Beal will be enough for a team to take TT on, but I doubt it.

dsonLAL24
06-27-2012, 10:43 PM

:pray:

Yakuza
06-27-2012, 10:55 PM
The Cats should trade down with The Rockets for their 3 picks plus lowry. The Rockets could then trade the pick to get Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Howard, or Gasol.

black1605
06-27-2012, 11:00 PM
The Cats should trade down with The Rockets for their 3 picks plus lowry. The Rockets could then trade the pick to get Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Howard, or Gasol.

I'm not a fan of going for quantity over quality. I would hope they stay in the top five if a move does get done.

Arch Stanton
06-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Don't know i think most teams have backed out. I think its only Cleveland now. Although i think they do have a little hesitation because of the Washington rumors.

You keep saying the same thing. I feel like your trying to convince yourself it will be okay if Washington doesn't get Beal. But it may be a futile journey.

BSardogan
06-28-2012, 06:06 AM
I think Charlotte is being smart here. In no way would it hurt them to keep of the 2nd pick and draft the player they feel has most potential.
However in Cleveland's case, if they are really that desperate for Beal, their main priority should be to get hold of the Bobcats #2 and they should be willing to give up a lot.

If I'm the Bobcats, I'd say:

Bobcats #2 pick + Tyrus Thomas for Cleveland #4, Varajao and your two 2nd rounders. Take it or leave it.

Charlotte really doesn't need that trade as much as Cleveland does, either way they come out winners.

Procision
06-28-2012, 06:09 AM
I think Charlotte is being smart here. In no way would it hurt them to keep of the 2nd pick and draft the player they feel has most potential.
However in Cleveland's case, if they are really that desperate for Beal, their main priority should be to get hold of the Bobcats #2 and they should be willing to give up a lot.

Bobcats #2 pick + Tyrus Thomas for Cleveland #4, Varajao and your two 2nd rounders. Take it or leave it.

Charlotte really doesn't need that trade as much as Cleveland does, either way they come out winners.

It would be a steal for bobcats just to do the #2 and thomas to Cleveland for the 4 let alone all the extras lol

Arch Stanton
06-28-2012, 06:17 AM

I don't think they're desperate for Beal enough to give up more than 4 and 24. Heck, 4, 24, and Thomas contract is way too much. I agree with the other poster 4 and Thomas contract seems to be a steal for the Bobcats.

BSardogan
06-28-2012, 06:17 AM
It would be a steal for bobcats just to do the #2 and thomas to Cleveland for the 4 let alone all the extras lol

Exactly. ;)

For the first time in like a decade-and-a-half Jordan would come out a winner again.

BSardogan
06-28-2012, 06:20 AM
I don't think they're desperate for Beal enough to give up more than 4 and 24. Heck, 4, 24, and Thomas contract is way too much. I agree with the other poster 4 and Thomas contract seems to be a steal for the Bobcats.

It's not #24, but the second round picks of which I believe you guys have two. If the Bobcats would be able to snatch at least one of those, that would be an amazing deal for them.

Walker, Henderson, MKG/Barnes, Biyombo, Varajao. Should be able to compete for 10+ wins this season.

thenaj17
06-28-2012, 07:04 AM
We don't need short term talent, we need more picks for long term youth and success. Rebuilding is a long term process, and future draft picks help.

Then you need to keep the #2 pick and get the best talent possible.

aussie
06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
David Aldridge: Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they're currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight's NBA Draft. Twitter

Interesting!!!

black1605
06-28-2012, 10:21 AM
David Aldridge: Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they're currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight's NBA Draft. Twitter

Interesting!!!

Dance puppets, dance!

Theyhateme459
06-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Then you need to keep the #2 pick and get the best talent possible.

No, I don't feel as though we need talent at a specfic position or have a specific need and I also feel talent from about 2-6 or 7ish is about equal.

So IMO the best way to gather more talent is stay around 2-7 while picking up more future lottery picks. Equal talent this year, more in the future.

king4day
06-28-2012, 11:14 AM
In the end, I think they will end up trading with Washington for the #3 and their early 2nd rounder. Wizards don't know if the Cavs will back out or not. Cats' still get who they want and maybe get lucky in the second round.

black1605
06-28-2012, 11:16 AM
In the end, I think they will end up trading with Washington for the #3 and their early 2nd rounder. Wizards don't know if the Cavs will back out or not. Cats' still get who they want and maybe get lucky in the second round.

Fine by me. There should still be some nice players available at the top of the second round.

StarvingKnick22
06-28-2012, 11:18 AM
i'll give bobcats Amare and the 4th pick for the second overall pick so we can draft TRob

black1605
06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
i'll give bobcats Amare and the 4th pick for the second overall pick so we can draft TRob

Knicks better get to work on acquiring the 4th pick then.

xxplayerxx23
06-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Knicks better get to work on acquiring the 4th pick then.

We have nothing to get the 4th pick. Plus I wouldnt do that deal. Lol

Badluck33
06-28-2012, 11:25 AM
bobcats want to send Tyrus Thomas back with that #2 as well.

Is bradley beal worth that??

Badluck33
06-28-2012, 11:25 AM
bobcats want to send Tyrus Thomas back with that #2 as well.

Is bradley beal worth that??

Federal Reserve
06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
The Knicks should offer Amare for the second pick and Tyrus Thomas. Get it done, Dolan.

thatguy
06-28-2012, 11:30 AM
The Knicks should offer Amare for the second pick and Tyrus Thomas. Get it done, Dolan.

was just thinking the same thing! I doubt it happens but its nice to think about!

JDM
06-28-2012, 11:31 AM
How many times must we say "no?" Why would the Bobcats have any interest in acquiring a declining veteran with a big contract? Makes zero sense.

*Silver&Black*
06-28-2012, 11:32 AM
I would think about trading Horford for the #2 (draft MKG and trade Smith for another later top 10 pick to get Drummond) if it came to it.

xxplayerxx23
06-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Amare is still very good and would average 25 and 9 ont he cats, No From a knicks standpoint I dont want to do it either. this team hasnt even had a full traning camp together

rickshaw
06-28-2012, 11:35 AM

Because if there's one thing a rebuilding team needs, it's trading the #2 pick for a 30 yr old injury prone player with a terrible contract.

Badluck33
06-28-2012, 11:41 AM
amare stoudmire will never be traded from the NYK. No matter what he provides on the court, he still is the worst contract in the NBA and with this new CBA no one would/will take him.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-28-2012, 11:43 AM
I do believe that in Charlotte Amar'e would put up very good numbers, and improve their Charlotte's win total considerably. Having said that, if Charlotte is smart (which they appear to be right now) they will try to become great in 4 or 5 years. If they traded for Amar'e they would become good next year and then go back to being ****** in a few years. I would love it from a Knicks perspective, but it wouldnt be in Charlotte's best long term interest.

xxplayerxx23
06-28-2012, 11:45 AM
amare stoudmire will never be traded from the NYK. No matter what he provides on the court, he still is the worst contract in the NBA and with this new CBA no one would/will take him.

I guess JJ is a close second then in worst contracts. I do agree he wont be traded most likely tho

Blazers#1Fan
06-28-2012, 11:57 AM
harden for the #2 is a good deal for Charlotte then just sign a SF and PF

NYflightboy
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
In retrospect I wish the Knicks amnestied Amare instead of Billups. We're stuck unless we find a team willing to amnesty him. But that's not happening.

JWO35
06-28-2012, 12:11 PM

Interesting!!!
Corey Maggette and the 9th pick :D

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
Sources say Minnesota offered Derrick Williams to Charlotte in exchange for the #2 pick. Bobcats quickly rejected.

:laugh2:

PS please Danny offer Rondo for this pick. Please do it.

JDM
06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Stupid offer, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Badluck33
06-28-2012, 12:23 PM
I guess JJ is a close second then in worst contracts. I do agree he wont be traded most likely tho

The fact that jj can be amnestied and amare cant makes me think that amare does havev worse contract

Baller1
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Not sure about this one, but can a team amnesty a newly acquired player? So if a team still has their amnesty clause in play and acquire Thomas, are there any restrictions toward amnestying him? If not, then that makes things a lot easier for a team with their amnesty clause still in tact.

ottograham14
06-28-2012, 12:27 PM
The Timberwolves offered Derrick Williams to the Bobcats for the No. 2 overall pick but were "quickly rejected," according to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express.
Clearly the Bobcats are fielding a multitude of offers for the second overall selection, and Charlotte doesn't have any interest in the 2011 No. 2 pick in exchange for the pick this season. It's going to be a busy day for the Bobcats as the team explores different ways to improve a dismal roster. Williams has reportedly been shopped since the trade deadline.

http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball-player-news

DR_1
06-28-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure they can't baller101200

xxplayerxx23
06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
The fact that jj can be amnestied and amare cant makes me think that amare does havev worse contract

JJ has an extra year, Just because he can be amnestied doesnt mean he will be. As of right Now Its very close between them too. there are some NBA that have bad contracts. For example, Darko signed a 4 years 20 million dollar contract and is a waste of space at the moment.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Not sure about this one, but can a team amnesty a newly acquired player? So if a team still has their amnesty clause in play and acquire Thomas, are there any restrictions toward amnestying him? If not, then that makes things a lot easier for a team with their amnesty clause still in tact.

You can only amnesty players that have been under contract with you before the new CBA.

dee279
06-28-2012, 12:37 PM
trade it to the Timberwolves for Derrick Williams!!!!!!!!!!!! I want Bradley Beal!! C'mon C'mon C'mon.

Derrick Williams probably wouldnt even be the 2nd pick of this draft. Why would they do that?

D-Block21-Chito
06-28-2012, 12:44 PM
I agree but it doesn't hurt to ask I guess

Daniel0227
06-28-2012, 12:47 PM
This is gonna tick off williams. Why would they even think of doing this? stupid.

Losoway
06-28-2012, 02:16 PM
i dont understand why the bobcats are trading there number 2 pick

Showtime Steve
06-28-2012, 02:25 PM
As a die hard kobe fan, i hate to say but any contract where the player has a no trade clause is up there among the worst.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-28-2012, 02:25 PM

that would be a big FU to Amare:laugh2:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
In retrospect I wish the Knicks amnestied Amare instead of Billups. We're stuck unless we find a team willing to amnesty him. But that's not happening.

cant do that

Punk
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
that would be a big FU to Amare:laugh2:

We'll just tell him via Twitter, so he can call us the F word and get his paycheck reduced.

j-bay
06-28-2012, 03:16 PM
The Bobcats are said to be asking way too much for the second pick and will likely end up holding onto it. The possibility remains, however, that they draft a player for someone else and make a trade during the draft.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/28/12/NBA-Rumors-Gasol-being-mentioned-most/landing.html?blockID=753196&feedID=3725

I think they just draft Robinson

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Amare and Lin for the #2 pick

JDM
06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
No.

Mr.SmackYoMama
06-28-2012, 03:37 PM

Lin is a flash in the pan that would be a stupid trade!

topdog
06-28-2012, 04:09 PM
harden for the #2 is a good deal for Charlotte then just sign a SF and PF

I don't know that Harden is a guy you want to build your team around. Would you build your team around Ginobli? Probably not.

I would love to see Kahn sweeten his offer of Williams with both of next year's 1st round picks. That is good ammunition for a re-building cause.

topdog
06-28-2012, 04:13 PM
This is gonna tick off williams. Why would they even think of doing this? stupid.

Because the Wolves' biggest need is SG and preferably a young one to go with Rubio and Love. Williams wants the freedom to be a star rather than a 3rd or so option.

Williams may not be worth the 2 pick but I think it's fair to say he'd be top 7 for sure. So, if Minnesota took on TT, threw in next year's first rounders or offered a nice PG (Ridnour or Barea), I think a nice deal could be made.

LetsGoDuke
06-28-2012, 04:20 PM
The Bobcats need help at every position. But they need someone in the front court that can actually score. Biyombo is a good defensive player, but he can't score. Tyrus Thomas isn't much to look at. I hope they trade back to number 4 or 5 and then they can pick up a small forward and then draft Thomas Robinson there.

I'm actually hoping that they draft Robinson (whether it be at 2 or 4) and then maybe they can pray Jared Sullinger falls to 24.

Hype
06-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Jordan...make a decision already. Take the Wolves deal w/ 1 1st and Barea

Bigbadmoffo
06-28-2012, 04:50 PM

I'd do it. Evans is an amazing player! Can't see anyone at 2 being better really.

Sssmush
06-28-2012, 05:21 PM
cho'd

jrm2054
06-28-2012, 05:24 PM
I would take harden

thekmp211
06-28-2012, 05:35 PM
any word on what any of these offers looks like?

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
Charlotte is "getting closer" to dealing the No. 2 pick, according to high-level source. Adds intrigue leading up to the draft at 7:30 p.m.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2012, 05:40 PM

Lol they wouldnt do this if you guys offered a lottery pick in return as well...Lin is unproven and amare just cant be traded with that contract

black1605
06-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
Charlotte is "getting closer" to dealing the No. 2 pick, according to high-level source. Adds intrigue leading up to the draft at 7:30 p.m.

Interesting. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Very interesting. I'm interested who the team is.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Andy Katz says he assumes it's Cleveland.

*Silver&Black*
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
The latest NBA rumors out there are focusing on the Atlanta Hawks and Al Horford. The latest rumor has Horford headed to the Charlotte Bobcats for the second pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. .

black1605
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Andy Katz says he assumes it's Cleveland.

Where did he say that? Twitter?

MonroeFAN
06-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Wow Horford for the 2nd pick? That's bad for Charlotte IMO. Although I'm sure they would be happy with a player of Horfords skill at the 2 if they're going for a big. He just seems solid, nothing spectacular about his game.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:12 PM
He said on ESPN that Cleveland is one team. Then Broussard said that we've narrowed down the teams from 5 to 2, with cleveland being one of them. He said #4 and #24 was being discussed.

JDM
I agree, I would be very disappointed if it's Atlanta for Hortford.

Gritz
Lying like a m....

We_need_players
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
sources: Charlotte talking with Cavs and Rockets about trading #2 pick. not sure if teams making separate offers or if it's a 3-way trade.

WolvesJagsOs
06-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Wouldn't take what Broussard says to seriously, seems like he's wrong more often than not, but who knows.

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Wouldn't take what Broussard says to seriously, seems like he's wrong more often than not, but who knows.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Also from @Chris_Broussard on SportsCenter: Bobcats narrow five potential trade partners for No. 2 pick to two teams (Cavs and Rockets)

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah, but the media has been all over the place with Charlotte. So I'll take what I can get.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm relieved one of the teams is not Atlanta.

bigsams50
06-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Please no trade with Rockets. We fall too far back

*Silver&Black*
06-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Lying like a m....

Who? Me for the Horford rumor? It's from this:

The latest NBA rumors out there are focusing on the Atlanta Hawks and Al Horford. The latest rumor has Horford headed to the Charlotte Bobcats for the second pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. This would help the Hawks cut some salary and they would pick up a cheap replacement for Horford.

I think this deal would make a lot of sense for both teams. The Hawks are stuck in basketball hell, as they have no chance to win a title with the roster. If you move Horford and then trade Josh Smith for picks, you clear up some roster space to fill with new picks. Amnesty Joe Johnson and you take a money hit, but you also clear up a new wave of talent to take over.

This works for the Bobcats, as they would get an All-Star center. There is no guarantee the guy that they take with the second pick ever becomes an All-Star. With the moves they have had this offseason, they might just scare a couple of teams in the Eastern Conference. Adding Horford at least gives them a quality post player under control.

The Bobcats are apparently entertaining five offers for the second pick, but I think this could be the best of the bunch. You get a young center on reasonable contract. He is an All-Star type guy and gives you desperately needed front court help. The Hawks get younger and cheaper. Win-win for both teams if you ask me.

Riley Schmitt is a writer for Rant Sports.

black1605
06-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Please no trade with Rockets. We fall too far back

Not if it's a three team trade. 4 and one of Houston's picks would be fantastic.

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
Lot of ifs out there right now but if CLT takes Beal at No. 2 then sources say look for possible Cleve deal. Cavs then take TRob for CLT.

Cavs' Anderson Varejao is player #Bobcats unsuccessfully signed to offer sheet. Varejao is available, I'm told by other teams.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Robinson. Ok, I can deal with that.

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS
Cleveland still trying to deal with Charlotte in order to get the No. 2 overall pick and take Bradley Beal, sources told CBSSports.

king4day
06-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Interesting. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

I'm willing to bet we'll have to wait until Davis is officially the #1 pick. Imagine Charlotte dealt the #2 pick and Davis slid somehow?

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm willing to bet we'll have to wait until Davis is officially the #1 pick. Imagine Charlotte dealt the #2 pick and Davis slid somehow?

technically the deal isn't official the teams just have to "promise" to pick the player for each other

so if the wiz pick robinson then the deal is ****ed

king4day
06-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
Lot of ifs out there right now but if CLT takes Beal at No. 2 then sources say look for possible Cleve deal. Cavs then take TRob for CLT.

Cavs' Anderson Varejao is player #Bobcats unsuccessfully signed to offer sheet. Varejao is available, I'm told by other teams.

I could see Washington swinging in there and snagging Robinson with hopes THEY can then make the trade to get him from Charlotte.

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I could see Washington swinging in there and snagging Robinson with hopes THEY can then make the trade to get him from Charlotte.

Yep so technically the ball is in washington's court, haha

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
The decision should be easy 4 Charlotte. 3 players are better than 1. Make deal w Cavs for 4, 24, and a high 2nd rd pick. End of discussion.

king4day
06-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
The decision should be easy 4 Charlotte. 3 players are better than 1. Make deal w Cavs for 4, 24, and a high 2nd rd pick. End of discussion.

I thought the Cavs had no interest in dealing off the 24th pick..

And why do I get the feeling Charlotte will regret not taking Beal for themselves :)

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:30 PM
^ If only it was that easy.

Gritz
06-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Who? Me for the Horford rumor? It's from this:

I was talking abou the stuff the media stirred up, it probably was never 5 teams

topdog
06-28-2012, 06:31 PM

That's why they should finalize the deal before the draft. Either way, the 'Cats will end up with either Robinson or Barnes and they seem to like both of them. Heck, Robinson sould be a smokescreen.

j-bay
06-28-2012, 06:32 PM
AboveLegit‏@Above_Legit

If Beal is gone: "a front-office source with a top 10 team was told by the Wizards that they're likely taking Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

ThornMo
06-28-2012, 06:33 PM
i have the feeling something crazy will happen. bobcats are going to clean up somehow. i think dj augustin gets traded. and probably tyrus thomas too.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:37 PM
We can't trade DJ.

I would prefer MKG to Robinson, but I'm fine with both. So if the WIz take MKG then oh well.

king4day
06-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Living in Charlotte, I pray the 'Cats brass doesn't **** this up. Please, for once in the franchises existence, GET IT RIGHT!!!!
I have a bunch of friends who are Bobcats fans and it'd be nice to see the franchise finally turn this thing around on and off the court.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:40 PM
:nod:

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
sources: Cavs offering 4, 24 and 33 picks for Charlotte's 2 and 31 picks

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:44 PM
^ Beat me to it.

j-bay
06-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Now all we do is wait

Arch Stanton
06-28-2012, 06:48 PM
“@Chris_Broussard: sources: Cavs offering 4, 24 and 33 picks for Charlotte's 2 and 31 picks”

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
More intrigue as @Chris_Broussard reports Cav offer 4,24,33 to CLT for 2, 31. But source says Wash then disrupts deal, takes TROB at No. 3.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I would rather just do #2 for #4 and #24, but if there was a gun to my head I would still do the trade that Broussard said.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:50 PM
**** Washington.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:51 PM
We could then get MKG... sounds good to me.

*Silver&Black*
06-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
More intrigue as @Chris_Broussard reports Cav offer 4,24,33 to CLT for 2, 31. But source says Wash then disrupts deal, takes TROB at No. 3.

haha, what a d*** move if true. If I was a team in the top 3-4, I would want MKG anyways.

WITZ
06-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz

If Wash does that move out of spite lol

We_need_players
MKG must feel bad, nobody wants him, hahahaa

rhino17
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Also from @Chris_Broussard on SportsCenter: Bobcats narrow five potential trade partners for No. 2 pick to two teams (Cavs and Rockets)

j-bay
06-28-2012, 06:55 PM
If Wash does that move out of spite lol

Hey Cleveland did the same thing to us. We needed a SG. All our other postions are filled. We need Beal. Thing we could at least do is get some payback against the team who caused this.

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:55 PM
As a Bobcats fan I prefer MKG anyway, but it's not by too much.

j-bay
06-28-2012, 06:57 PM
So the Cats need to think. Do they take the trade if they are not getting Robinson

JDM
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
I think Washington is bluffing to scare us away from trading. MKG makes too much sense for them to pass on him.

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS
If Cleveland does trade up and take Beal at 2, look for Wizards to pick between Kidd-Gilchrist & Barnes. Leaning towards Barnes, per source.

JDM
06-28-2012, 07:00 PM
That makes more sense now.

topdog
06-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey Cleveland did the same thing to us. We needed a SG. All our other postions are filled. We need Beal. Thing we could at least do is get some payback against the team who caused this.

Doing deals out of spite usually don't turn out well... but Washington could use a PF and have a 3-man rotation of Robinson-Nene-Okafor. Heck, these teams at the top can pretty much use whatever they can get, especially since there are no PGs this year.

j-bay
06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
So are they going to wait till the Bobcats come up

JDM
06-28-2012, 07:04 PM
I imagine we'll hear something throw Twitter that I deal is done beforehand. But you never know.

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 07:06 PM
The Cats want to make sure that Uniman doesnt slip to #2

JDM
06-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Either way, If Beal is the #2 pick then you know we have a trade.

JDM
06-28-2012, 07:07 PM
The Cats want to make sure that Uniman doesnt slip to #2

No way that happens. They're just talking out a trade, that's why nothing is happening yet.

We_need_players
06-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
So now Charlotte is weighing two different deals right now at No. 2.