PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best roatation in Baseball now?

golgi
06-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Top 3 teams. Who are they?

Mousedog332
06-27-2012, 01:37 AM
I would say nats, dodgers, and angels. But with Trevor Bauer coming up for the diamondbacks, they could start sneaking up there.

sf-fanatic
06-27-2012, 01:50 AM
I think the giants have to be in the discussion.

Cain, Vogey, and Bum have been great...Zito has been good and Lincecum is the question mark.

Rush
06-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Nats, hands down are the best. Angels, Giants, Dodgers, and Mets are up there too.

I noticed the Giants had the third best ERA in the league and that's with Lincecum's 6.07 ERA. If only he can get back to his dominant self it'd be scary to have four aces.

Jeffy25
06-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Performance wise or most intimidating?

Nationals, Rangers, Cardinals have performed the best

Dodgers, Giants, Phillies, and Mets are the next three and they are very very close to the Rangers and Cardinals (Nationals are still on a level by themselves).

Angels, Rays, and A's are the three best in the AL, but it's hard to measure them against the NL.

giants73756
06-27-2012, 02:48 AM
Performance wise or most intimidating?

Nationals, Rangers, Cardinals have performed the best

Dodgers, Giants, Phillies, and Mets are the next three and they are very very close to the Rangers and Cardinals (Nationals are still on a level by themselves).

Angels, Rays, and A's are the three best in the AL, but it's hard to measure them against the NL.

:p

Jeffy25
06-27-2012, 02:51 AM
I should say, Rangers are the best in the AL this year.

CarniifeX
06-27-2012, 03:06 AM
I would say the Giants and the Nationals.

If Dan Haren would pitch up to par I would include the Angels, but he's pitched like ***** this season. Though Weaver and Wilson have been a fantastic duo.

Jeffy25
06-27-2012, 03:18 AM
I would say the Giants and the Nationals.

If Dan Haren would pitch up to par I would include the Angels, but he's pitched like ***** this season. Though Weaver and Wilson have been a fantastic duo.

I wouldn't worry about Haren, he has been prone to some long balls this year, has had some bad luck on some hits getting through, and has given up a few more walks. But everything about him still checks out as the same pitcher he has always been. I am betting on a much improved second half from Haren vs his first half.

Things like this
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22156959&c_id=mlb

Has been happening to him this year. This was a really good pitch, and it gets out, in fact, he gave up four of those in that game that just didn't seem fair. He pitches a great game, and didn't have the results he really did earn. Look at where the catcher is set-up. And he gets it there on a good breaking pitch. And a weak hitter knocks it out.

Haren will get it back, much the way Adam Wainwright has as the season has gone. Bad results in April, but he was still pitching well.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-27-2012, 03:32 AM
The Giants will soon establish themselves as the most dominant rotation in the game as Timmy returns to old form...

The Nationals rotation is very good as well; it is going to be interesting to see how many starts Strasburg misses due to the innings limit

The Phillies are in this discussion forsure if Halladay comes back healthy

In the AL; it's the Angels followed by the Rays

Jeffy25
06-27-2012, 03:40 AM
In the AL; it's the Angels followed by the Rays

And the Rangers?

RTL
06-27-2012, 04:38 AM
Things like this

Has been happening to him this year. This was a really good pitch, and it gets out, in fact, he gave up four of those in that game that just didn't seem fair.

I'm failing to see how a knee high slider that caught a lot of the plate was a really good pitch or anything that suggests bad luck. Nelson did exactly what you are supposed to do with that pitch

xabial
06-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Cardinals Rangers Cardinals?

On Paper Angels Look the Best.. Took them Out For Santana/Haren's Year But Haren Could EASILY be a 3rd-5th Starter on 90% of MLB Teams.

todu82
06-27-2012, 06:02 AM
Dodgers
Angels
Nationals

Pinstripe pride
06-27-2012, 08:44 AM
nats!

fresh prince
06-27-2012, 12:31 PM

On Paper Angels Look the Best.. Took them Out For Santana/Haren's Year But Haren Could EASILY be a 3rd-5th Starter on 90% of MLB Teams.

:confused: You mean 1-2? Haren has been one of the games best pitchers for the past several years. He is pitching like a 3-5 this year though if thats what you meant.

KingPosey
06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't worry about Haren, he has been prone to some long balls this year, has had some bad luck on some hits getting through, and has given up a few more walks. But everything about him still checks out as the same pitcher he has always been. I am betting on a much improved second half from Haren vs his first half.

Things like this

Has been happening to him this year. This was a really good pitch, and it gets out, in fact, he gave up four of those in that game that just didn't seem fair. He pitches a great game, and didn't have the results he really did earn. Look at where the catcher is set-up. And he gets it there on a good breaking pitch. And a weak hitter knocks it out.

Haren will get it back, much the way Adam Wainwright has as the season has gone. Bad results in April, but he was still pitching well.
Im not arguing against Haren, but that wasnt that good of a pitch. It moved right back towards the middle of the plate.

rkelly7
06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Nationals and Angels are easy #1 and 2

Jeffy25
06-27-2012, 03:35 PM

haren has been a top 30, and often times a top 20 pitcher in baseball for the last 5 plus years.

He hasn't pitched that well this year, so far, but he has consistently been one of the games very best.

And yes, the Rangers and Cardinals rotations have been very very good, each easily top 10 in baseball, and really both are top 5 so far.

Rangers - 8.6 fWAR (2nd best)
Cardinals - 8.4 fWAR (3rd best)

Cardinals - 3.66 ERA (6th best)
Rangers - 3.96 ERA (12th best)

Cardinals - 3.41 FIP (2nd best)
Rangers - 3.82 FIP (t10th best with Angels)

Cardinals - 3.61 xFIP (4th best)
Rangers - 3.96 xFIP (9th best)

Cardinals - 6.133 IP per start (2nd best)
Rangers - 6.026 IP per start (7th best)

May not have the sexiest names in their rotations, but they are clearly performing with the best in baseball

Note - Rangers do pitch in a hitters park and have to face a DH.

shizzle09
06-29-2012, 02:57 AM
ummmmm giants

RaiderKid318
06-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Nats, never expected them to be this good this soon tbh. They are a great young team and the NL east should be fun to watch for a while with the braves, mets, and marlins getting better. I am more curious to see how philly is 3 years from now since they are older than most teams. They have the money though, so it shouldn't hurt em when players start to drop off.

DerekRE_3
06-29-2012, 03:13 AM
If Timmy can get his **** together....

jscotty8
06-29-2012, 03:23 AM
I think the Giants just closed this thread.