PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Mavs fear Deron Williams is Brooklyn-bound

YanksGmenBKNets
06-26-2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/19426094/sources-mavs-fear-deron-williams-is-brooklyn-bound

Just felt like putting up on of the many articles that suggest DWill will stay with the Nets since every article that even hints he's leaving is posted here by the Cowgirl fans... whopps i means Mavs fans

netsgiantsyanks
06-26-2012, 08:11 PM
do we have to have a thread for every single report? we can't keep them in one thread?

gatkins11
06-26-2012, 08:18 PM
do we have to have a thread for every single report? we can't keep them in one thread?

Agreed.

bucketss
06-26-2012, 08:21 PM
god i hope deron goes to dallas, alot of net fans are annoying

jd25213
06-26-2012, 08:23 PM
god i hope deron goes to dallas, alot of net fans are annoying

Like Mavs fans aren't?

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 08:23 PM
its all spin and speculation til sunday fellas. chill the eff out.

davids22
06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
He's staying with the Nets

I base this on nothing.

My take: Nets are the more lucrative option for the long term. Can attract Dwight as soon as next year, play in Brooklyn, and have a LOT of cap space for the next coming years. Could easily offer contracts to role players that would pay way more than the Heat could. They wouldn't be as big of title favorites as the Heat, but they'd still be competing every year.

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 08:28 PM
:-) sucks for Mavs

Chill_Will_24
06-26-2012, 08:29 PM

I base this on nothing.

My take: Nets are the more lucrative option for the long term. Can attract Dwight as soon as next year, play in Brooklyn, and have a LOT of cap space for the next coming years. Could easily offer contracts to role players that would pay way more than the Heat could. They wouldn't be as big of title favorites as the Heat, but they'd still be competing every year.

Your sig is hilarious

Chill_Will_24
06-26-2012, 08:34 PM
I dont think this means anything at all. The Mavs are not permitted to communicate with Deron in any way before July so there is no possible way for them to know what Deron's intentions are or where his head is at. Not until July will they know anything so this report is nothing but speculation.

LTBaByyy
06-26-2012, 08:35 PM
This is just an opinion, does anyone realize the Mavericks cant even talk to him until July 1st

LTBaByyy
06-26-2012, 08:35 PM
This would mean something if it was next week

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 08:38 PM

Your trying to ignore this you REALLY want Deron dont you HAHAHHA!

Pakman
06-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Mav fans are way more annoying than jersey fans

justinnum1
06-26-2012, 08:40 PM
mavs fans gonna be mad next week imo. if they dont get deron then trading tyson away will go down as one of the dumbest things ever

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 08:42 PM
mavs fans gonna be mad next week imo. if they dont get deron then trading tyson away will go down as one of the dumbest things ever

Dirk might never get into the playoffs again

Chill_Will_24
06-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Mav fans are way more annoying than jersey fans

You have adjust for quantity

STL Don
06-26-2012, 08:59 PM
He better pray they find a way to land Howard than. Or else he's just gonna be fed up after a year or two..

justinnum1
06-26-2012, 09:07 PM
He better pray they find a way to land Howard than. Or else he's just gonna be fed up after a year or two..

not so sure winning a ring is his top priority.

StarvingKnick22
06-26-2012, 09:10 PM
do we have to have a thread for every single report? we can't keep them in one thread? i second that. the same for dwight threads

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 09:11 PM

I hate you fyi

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 09:12 PM
:dance: Do the LT BABY

superwill
06-26-2012, 09:12 PM
not so sure winning a ring is his top priority.

This: money is a mother ****er

LTBaByyy
06-26-2012, 09:16 PM

14 million dollars a year for just a great defensive center?

I will pass. If he had an offensive game also then yes of course!

There will be a lot more defensive centers, thats all there is really these days

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 09:17 PM
10mil would havebeen good for tyson... hes def overpaid right now

LTBaByyy
06-26-2012, 09:17 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :laugh:

Never responding to you again, that was the dumbest thing I ever heard.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 09:19 PM

:facepalm:

LTBaByyy
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Remember, Tyson Chandler is making the same money as Kevin Love and others right now lol

I think the Mavs made the right choice

justinnum1
06-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Remember, Tyson Chandler is making the same money as Kevin Love and others right now lol

I think the Mavs made the right choice

really? The mavs lost in the first round and will not be contending in the foreseeable future. They could have probably been in the finals facing miami this year and for the next few years. If mavs dont get a star this summer they screwed up imo.

14 million dollars a year for just a great defensive center?

I will pass. If he had an offensive game also then yes of course!

There will be a lot more defensive centers, thats all there is really these days

reason you guys went from a championship team to being beat in the first round in 5 games.

LTBaByyy
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
really? The mavs lost in the first round and will not be contending in the foreseeable future. They could have probably been in the finals facing miami this year and for the next few years. If mavs dont get a star this summer they screwed up imo.

reason you guys went from a championship team to being beat in the first round in 5 games.

hmmm... You know the Thunder beat the Lakers in 5 games

So what is your point :facepalm: So the Lakers are awful too?

You dont make sense

IIISSKiLL
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I really hope this happens for Mark Cuban because this is a serious risk he is taking and if he can't get dwill or d12 Mavs fans should kill this idiot for destroying a championship team to try to pull a Pat Riley

LTBaByyy
06-26-2012, 09:33 PM
The Heat were in the EXACT same position

Won a championship with old players, gut the team leaving Wade in hope to land a star

My faith is it will work the same

justinnum1
06-26-2012, 09:34 PM
hmmm... You know the Thunder beat the Lakers in 5 games

So what is your point :facepalm: So the Lakers are awful too?

You dont make sense

My point is if tyson chandler was still on the mavs it most likely would have been dallas playing mimai in the finals instead of OKC

now, if they miss on deron, who knows when they will compete for a championship again.

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2012, 09:35 PM

I base this on nothing.

I love your sigLMAO

JerseysFinest
06-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Never thought he was leaving Brooklyn, but we'll see what transpires over the next couple weeks.

IIISSKiLL
06-26-2012, 09:37 PM
The Heat were in the EXACT same position

Won a championship with old players, gut the team leaving Wade in hope to land a star

My faith is it will work the same

Pat Riley thought this one out extremely well starting when he traded marion to the raptors for O'neal.. I think Miami had Rio, and one other person signed while the Mavs don't have the money to give deron williams and d12.. Haywood, Dirk, Marion all take up a **** load of money

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
personally I think steve nash fits dallas better than dwill

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah Steve Nash makes way more sense for the Mavs anyway. Him and Dirk can compete for a few more years together then retire. DWILL would of been stuck rebuilding.

Mr.B
06-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Pat Riley thought this one out extremely well starting when he traded marion to the raptors for O'neal.. I think Miami had Rio, and one other person signed while the Mavs don't have the money to give deron williams and d12.. Haywood, Dirk, Marion all take up a **** load of money

The Mavs are going to amnesty Haywood and Donnie Nelson and Cuban will find a team will to trade for Marion who will only have 1 year left on his contract after this coming season. So basically besides Dirk everyone else on the team is making pennies.

Young2Kinsler
06-27-2012, 12:16 AM
I won't be mad at all if he doesn't come here. He can stay in NJ and enjoy missing the playoffs next year.

If he doesn't come, I hope we go hard after Batum, the type of guy we have always lacked.

Young2Kinsler
06-27-2012, 12:20 AM
I really hope this happens for Mark Cuban because this is a serious risk he is taking and if he can't get dwill or d12 Mavs fans should kill this idiot for destroying a championship team to try to pull a Pat Riley

As I've said all along, no matter if we get D-Will or Howard, or neither, this is still the RIGHT direction for the franchise. Sure we could have overpaid mediocre players, but Mark saw that we caught lightning in a bottle, everything fell right, and repeating was going to be tough even if we bring back everyone on bad contracts.

Signing those guys long term would have handcuffed our franchise for YEARS to come, and I don't want good players, not great, clogging the money.

No matter how it ends, Dallas has in one season turned from being the biggest over the cap spender to a team with cap space and flexibility like few have. With the new CBA, it was a move that had to be done, no mattter how it ends.

Dallas has the ability to go get talent to surround Dirk, with young, growing talent.

Chill_Will_24
06-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Deron Williams just retweeted a Mavs reporter that was bashing all these reports of him leaning towards the Nets

IN OTHER WORDS: he doesnt know what he wants to do yet and is probably waiting on the Nets to make some moves

KniCks4LiFe
06-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Dallas only has one hope. Land Howard and do it before Friday b/c the Nets are going strong for him on draft night.

The Ooh Child
06-27-2012, 12:31 AM
how is Deron Williams Brooklyn-bound if he is already with Brooklyn?

ragee
06-27-2012, 12:35 AM

Idiot? Love him or hate him but you can't deny that he is one of the best owners in the league. I will be pissed if we don't get D-Will but just in case we didn't, I know Cuban will find a way to make up for it.

Chucky Woods
06-27-2012, 12:39 AM
god i hope deron goes to dallas, alot of net fans are annoyingIn all honesty I really hope he goes back to Brooklyn they haven't had a break in some time. That trade really ****ed them over.

jmoney85
06-27-2012, 12:43 AM
In all honesty I really hope he goes back to Brooklyn they haven't had a break in some time. That trade really ****ed them over.

FINALLY!!!!!!

:clap:

sharqstealth
06-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Dallas only has one hope. Land Howard and do it before Friday b/c the Nets are going strong for him on draft night.

and what does the Nets have to offer? They don't even own their 6th pick. It's really amusing Deron is still considering the Nets... they are a team stuck in garbage...

KniCks4LiFe
06-27-2012, 01:12 AM
and what does the Nets have to offer? They don't even own their 6th pick. It's really amusing Deron is still considering the Nets... they are a team stuck in garbage...

It's draft night. They have Brooks/Lopez/Humphries and the ability to take on a bad contract. Draft night things happen.

llemon
06-27-2012, 01:27 AM
It's draft night. They have Brooks/Lopez/Humphries and the ability to take on a bad contract. Draft night things happen.

Kris is an UFA. Lopez is an RFA. Neither can be traded on draft night.

KniCks4LiFe
06-27-2012, 01:28 AM

Well then they are screwed. I didn't now about the RFA.

llemon
06-27-2012, 01:31 AM
As I've said all along, no matter if we get D-Will or Howard, or neither, this is still the RIGHT direction for the franchise. Sure we could have overpaid mediocre players, but Mark saw that we caught lightning in a bottle, everything fell right, and repeating was going to be tough even if we bring back everyone on bad contracts.

Signing those guys long term would have handcuffed our franchise for YEARS to come, and I don't want good players, not great, clogging the money.

No matter how it ends, Dallas has in one season turned from being the biggest over the cap spender to a team with cap space and flexibility like few have. With the new CBA, it was a move that had to be done, no mattter how it ends.

Dallas has the ability to go get talent to surround Dirk, with young, growing talent.

So, you had a problem with Tyson and Barea?

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Lopez can get dealt in a Sign and Trade

Young2Kinsler
06-27-2012, 01:44 AM
So, you had a problem with Tyson and Barea?

Problem in what way? They both helped this team a lot, but they aren't guys you could build this team with in the right way.

First, Barea got way overpaid. That contract on this team would be suffocating with how our salary cap situation was. He is a GOOD role player, and he got paid way more than his ability.

I myself have debated on the Tyson Chandler topic many a times. While I would not have minded we resign him, I can see why we didn't. Until last year, Chandler had spent his career in mediocrity. He was always hurt, never kept his role, and was somewhat considered a bust. The contract he got would have literally made it impossible for Dallas to go out and add any talent to their team for the next 4-6 years.

So, to ask if I wanted to clog our future with 2 good players, who could help, no. I'm willing to roll the dice, change how this team is ran(which had to be done in the new CBA) and put our money into HOPEFULLY better avenues. Chandler and Barea are nice players, but not the stars you need to win in this league.

Even with the finals team reassembled, I can be honest and say that repeating was a HUGE longshot. Dallas had things fall their way, had a magical run, and pulled off a huge upset. To ask this team to do that again would have been short sighted to say the least.

Young2Kinsler
06-27-2012, 01:46 AM

I'm not sure you are right on either front. They are both still NJ property until July 1st, so I believe a sign and trade could be done on both fronts, and possibly just a trade for Lopez.

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 02:48 AM
Problem in what way? They both helped this team a lot, but they aren't guys you could build this team with in the right way.

First, Barea got way overpaid. That contract on this team would be suffocating with how our salary cap situation was. He is a GOOD role player, and he got paid way more than his ability.

I myself have debated on the Tyson Chandler topic many a times. While I would not have minded we resign him, I can see why we didn't. Until last year, Chandler had spent his career in mediocrity. He was always hurt, never kept his role, and was somewhat considered a bust. The contract he got would have literally made it impossible for Dallas to go out and add any talent to their team for the next 4-6 years.

So, to ask if I wanted to clog our future with 2 good players, who could help, no. I'm willing to roll the dice, change how this team is ran(which had to be done in the new CBA) and put our money into HOPEFULLY better avenues. Chandler and Barea are nice players, but not the stars you need to win in this league.

Even with the finals team reassembled, I can be honest and say that repeating was a HUGE longshot. Dallas had things fall their way, had a magical run, and pulled off a huge upset. To ask this team to do that again would have been short sighted to say the least.

I actually have serious doubts that Chandler plays out that contract in New York. In fact I suspect that he himself has doubts or he would have taken the 1 year $20 million deal the Mavs offered him. He wanted a long term deal because of his injury history.

Ebbs
06-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Like Mavs fans aren't?

lol. Yes the whopping like 5 of us in the NBA forum

JJ_JKidd
06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Cuban and all his letting-go of key Championship pcs for key FA agent acquisitions has then failed

marj987
06-27-2012, 11:12 AM
They should be, Williams is to friendly and humble to NJ dirty like that, the Nets have sucked for a while and they need a break, so I think deron signs with NJ, and Dwight signs with them next year, if he doesnt Deron Williams is going to become the new LeBron.

Chill_Will_24
06-27-2012, 11:50 AM
They should be, Williams is to friendly and humble to NJ dirty like that, the Nets have sucked for a while and they need a break, so I think deron signs with NJ, and Dwight signs with them next year, if he doesnt Deron Williams is going to become the new LeBron.

Deron Williams is humble?

drobe86
06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Cuban and all his letting-go of key Championship pcs for key FA agent acquisitions has then failed

Not at all, the Mavs have the best braintrust in the NBA. They will always be a playoff team because the team knows how to set itself up to win.

netsgiantsyanks
06-27-2012, 11:59 AM
honestly, i hope he's brooklyn bound for the nets sake.

jd25213
06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Maybe this is what the Mavs are fearing:

In what could be a sign that Deron Williams intends to re-sign with the Brooklyn Nets, the star point guard invited Nets coach Avery Johnson to a small and intimate gathering to celebrate his 28th birthday Tuesday night, sources said.

Johnson, the only member of the Nets organization in attendance, was one of roughly eight people who joined Williams at a restaurant in the New York area. The group also included members of Williams' family and his agent, Jeff Schwartz.

In perhaps another indicator that the three-time All-Star is leaning toward remaining in Brooklyn, Williams poked his head into Nets general manager Billy King's news conference Wednesday morning at the team's practice facility in New Jersey.

Williams did not address the media, briefly smiling and declining King's joking invitation to switch seats before leaving the conference. King claimed he was invited to Williams' birthday party but did not attend.

King, who has been the Nets' GM for the last two years, maintained that he is confident Williams will stay in Brooklyn.

"I haven't wavered or changed any feelings," King said. "I'm not overconfident, I'm not any less confident, I just feel pretty good."

On Saturday, ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported that Williams had narrowed his choices to the Nets and the Dallas Mavericks, his hometown team.

King acknowledged that the Mavericks likely are a top contender to sign Williams but claimed that the Nets are in a solid position to retain the most coveted free agent on this summer's market.

"Mark Cuban will call him," King said Wednesday. "At the end of the day he's going to play here or some place else. I think we've done everything, prepared everything, we've got a great building. So everything is mapped out; he sees what we have, he sees what they have and he's gotta make a decision."

Earlier Tuesday, the Nets sent a truck with a Brooklyn Nets logo that read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DERON! from your Brooklyn family" on the side of it to his Brooklyn apartment. Williams' wife, Amy, tweeted a picture of the sign.

In a likely response to the Nets' pitch, the Texas Rangers championed the Mavs' cause on Tuesday night, wishing Williams a happy birthday on their stadium scoreboard.

The message, which was posted during the Rangers' game against the Detroit Tigers, also read "Be A Maverick!"

There are increasing signs, however, that Williams will stay put. He has been working out almost daily at the Nets' practice facility, often going through shooting drills with Johnson. Sources say he also has discussed strategies for next season with Johnson.

King also added that he has a solid relationship with Williams outside of basketball.

"I think he and I have a very good relationship," King said. "We talked, but it's not always about basketball. We talk about life and golf. He's a good golfer, I'm a bad golfer."

That said, Williams has not yet made up his mind, according to sources close to the situation. He has said publicly that he intends to make his decision quickly, most likely before he reports to training for Team USA on July 5.

Williams is not planning to visit or meet with any teams once the league allows clubs to begin recruiting players on Sunday, sources said.

King, however, joked that he is prepared to contact Williams as soon as free agency begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on Sunday.

"Maybe I'll wake him up and call him," King said. "I don't know. I'll probably see him before he leaves here. ... I think he knows us, he knows me, he knows everything about us at this point. I don't think there's a lot of wooing we can do more."

The Houston Rockets are trying to put together an elaborate plan of trading for Orlando's Dwight Howard and clearing enough cap room to offer Williams a max-level contract, according to sources. But it's unlikely that the Rockets will be able to pull it off.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8101059/deron-williams-invites-brooklyn-nets-coach-avery-johnson-party-sources-say

Shareeb_omac2
06-27-2012, 03:15 PM
If he is going to sign with the Nets then why not just say it? He's allowed to talk to the Nets. Really, what reason would he have not to announce it to the world if he has already made up his mind? He doesn't because he hasn't made up his mind yet. He's not going to say a thing until after he has his talk with Cuban, Carlisle, and Dirk.

Gritz
06-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Mavs are going to suck for awhile

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Not at all, the Mavs have the best braintrust in the NBA. They will always be a playoff team because the team knows how to set itself up to win.

That braintrust turned the NBA champions into a near non-playoff team in 1 year. I think they need to stop taking Dirks credit.

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2012, 06:41 PM

I agree the Mavs were champs a year ago while the Nets haven't been to the playoffs in years!

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 06:44 PM
I agree the Mavs were champs a year ago while the Nets haven't been to the playoffs in years!

yeah we need the Knicks braintrust!!

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Knicks braintrust>Nets braintrust...just saying!

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM

Same with the Knicks, before Amare joined the Knicks didnt make the playoffs since 04. So what if they were champs a year ago they arent anymore, and past is past...it matters where the team is right now.

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Knicks braintrust>Nets braintrust...just saying!

Must of had a brain transplant when they gave amar'e that deal.

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Must of had a brain transplant when they gave amar'e that deal.

Yeah trading a lottery pick for a soon to be free agent is a better idea..

Amare alone made us a playoff team, did Dwill?

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM

no he didnt you had Felton,Wilson CHandler,Gallinari, and Melo that season

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Same with the Knicks, before Amare joined the Knicks didnt make the playoffs since 04. So what if they were champs a year ago they arent anymore, and past is past...it matters where the team is right now.

As of right.now, the Nets are a 23 win team while the Mavs are a playoff team....you figure out which situaton looks better...I'll,wait...

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM

It's funny cause the Knicks "brain transplant" did just that with T-Mac.

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2012, 07:08 PM
no he didnt you had Felton,Wilson CHandler,Gallinari, and Melo that season

You traded all your draft picks and young players for DWill, still couldn't produce a playoff birth

tnewkirk
06-27-2012, 07:09 PM
As of right.now, the Nets are a 23 win team while the Mavs are a playoff team....you figure out which situaton looks better...I'll,wait...

without brook lopez.

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
without brook lopez.

Dont mind him. He looks to avoid facts.

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 07:13 PM
You traded all your draft picks and young players for DWill, still couldn't produce a playoff birth

How can you say that when you know that Nets were without a Center all year. Their second best player

LongIslandIcedZ
06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
How many wins does Brook Lopez truly add?

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 07:14 PM

well 1 year he added 12 all by himself

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM

Nets won 24 games in 2010 an 82 game season with Deron only playing 12 games.
This year nets won 24 games in a 66 game season with only 5 games from Lopez and only 16 from Gerald Wallace. The team will improve next year.

Punk
06-27-2012, 07:19 PM
It will be pretty cool to have two teams with superstars in NY for the first time ever. So, I wouldn't change anything if he re-signed or not.

And I'm not bias at all but Knicks braintrust > Nets braintrust. You can't even argue it either.

In the last two seasons: Landry Fields, Shawne Williams (career year in 2010), Novak, Shumpert, Jeremy Lin, JR Smith (on a cheap 2 million), Tyson Chandler for Billups/Turiaf/Andy Rautins.

Nets last two seasons: Deron, Brooks, Green (good signings/trade), Shawne Williams, Farmar, Petro, Outlaw (30 million tho?), Sundita Gaines, draft pick for Gerald Wallace (terrible trade).

So, you have three good moves by Billy vs a series of good moves by Grunwald/Walsh.

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 07:22 PM
It will be pretty cool to have two teams with superstars in NY for the first time ever. So, I wouldn't change anything if he re-signed or not.

And I'm not bias at all but Knicks braintrust > Nets braintrust. You can't even argue it either.

In the last two seasons: Landry Fields, Shawne Williams (career year in 2010), Novak, Shumpert, Jeremy Lin, JR Smith (on a cheap 2 million), Tyson Chandler for Billups/Turiaf/Andy Rautins.

Nets last two seasons: Deron, Brooks, Green (good signings/trade), Shawne Williams, Farmar, Petro, Outlaw (30 million tho?), Sundita Gaines, draft pick for Gerald Wallace (terrible trade).

So, you have three good moves by Billy vs a series of good moves by Grunwald/Walsh.

Farmar,Petro,Outlaw all were Rod Thorn who single handedly killed this franchise with his terrible drafting and trades..Shawne was awful but is not here anymore..and whats the big deal with Gaines he made the vet min...and Chase Budinger was traded for the 17th pick, Gerald Wallace is a hell of a lot better and was traded for the 6th pick..there is no way that pick is better than Wallace.

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 07:24 PM

You listed a couple of moves that has nothing to do with this nets brain trust buddy.

Chill_Will_24
06-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Farmar,Petro,Outlaw all were Rod Thorn who single handedly killed this franchise with his terrible drafting and trades..Shawne was awful but is not here anymore..and whats the big deal with Gaines he made the vet min...and Chase Budinger was traded for the 17th pick, Gerald Wallace is a hell of a lot better and was traded for the 6th pick..there is no way that pick is better than Wallace.

You dont know that

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 07:26 PM
If DWill is going to sign the with Nets I hope he agrees to do it (and announces it) by Sunday night. That way the Mavs and move on to Plan B.

By the way I don't put too much stock in DWill working out at the teams facilities. Jason Terry has been working out at the Mavs facilities all off season and no one expects him to resign in Dallas.

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 07:26 PM
You dont know that

Wallace is a pretty damned good player. It's a good chance.

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
If DWill is going to sign the with Nets I hope he agrees to do it (and announces it) by Sunday night. That way the Mavs and move on to Plan B.

By the way I don't put too much stock in DWill working out at the teams facilities. Jason Terry has been working out at the Mavs facilities all off season and no one expects him to resign in Dallas.

DWILL was also at Billy Kings press conference this morning

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 07:28 PM
You dont know that

You heard DWill he wants to win right now and its all about him, he said he isnt intrested in rebuilding he wants vets. For our situation it was the right move.

waveycrockett
06-27-2012, 07:28 PM

This guy isn't playing fair. We should start listing moves Isiah Thomas made if they are gunna go that route.

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 07:29 PM

No Nets fans have said thats a big deal at all, just from what we are hearing is that he wants to stay.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I've asked you again and again DoMeFavors. Just shut up, enough is enough. You're making every other Net fan look like an idiot.

Mr.B
No Nets fans have said thats a big deal at all, just from what we are hearing is that he wants to stay.

I also think he's going to stay with the Nets I just hope he says so by Sunday night and doesn't drag this out too long. That way the Mavs can move on to going after the other free agents on their list (Nash and Roy Hibbert).

netsgiantsyanks
I've asked you again and again DoMeFavors. Just shut up, enough is enough. You're making every other Net fan look like an idiot.

he doesn't care, he embraces the hate.

:rolleyes:

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 07:35 PM

What did I say?

And I could careless I have nothing to do with you guys...if you want to live off by what I do thats fine..I do what I want to do.

Chill_Will_24
06-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Wallace is a pretty damned good player. It's a good chance.

Never know who will slip come draft day and there re several players in the top 5 like Drummond, Beal and even some that are merely lottery picks like Perry Jones that i would rather have than Wallace at what he will get paid.