PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Looking to trade one of their picks for Lowry or Millsap?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-26-2012, 05:53 PM
With two lottery picks in the Draft (#6, #11) and possibly over $20 million in salary cap space, the Portland Trail Blazers have a bevy of options going into the offseason. Could Paul Millsap or Kyle Lowry be part of the equation? Millsap has previously been linked to the Blazers in a trade for their No. 11 overall pick. Other players rumored to be going to Portland have included Steve Nash and Chris Kaman,

The Blazers, Warriors, Raptors and Hornets are also looking at various options with their picks. I think the Blazers at No. 6 or No. 11 are the likeliest of that bunch to make a trade. They have interest in Jazz forward Paul Millsap and Rockets guard Kyle Lowry.

if you could get one of those two for the 11th pick, and draft either a center or a pg (whichever you didnt trade for) with the 6th, you are in good shape

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Bad move. They just need to rebuild completely.

shep33
06-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah, don't do it Portland. Just draft Liliard at #6

StarvingKnick22
06-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Milsap is overated

Iron24th
06-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Bye Felton

D-Will4Prez
06-26-2012, 06:02 PM
They're not gonna get either of these players for just the 11th pick. They'll have to give up the 6th, this draft class isn't that good.

njnets
06-26-2012, 06:03 PM
id say definitely hold onto the 11th pick and trade it on draft night if anything. someone who they think wont make it to 11 might slip down and they'll be kicking themselves if they traded it away already.

b@llhog24
06-26-2012, 06:07 PM

If you have LMA, Batum, cap space, and two draft picks in this deep draft why do you need to rebuild completely?

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Edit: now that I think about it Lowry is better then any1 at 6. I do that. Lowry LMA batum the 11th pick cap space they can go to work

GoneGuru
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
So aldridge at C?

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
If you have LMA, Batum, cap space, and two draft picks in this deep draft why do you need to rebuild completely?

Because that is nowhere near enough a good enough core to beat the Thunder and LMA is a walking injury. He may never be the same player after his last surgery.

kenzo400
06-26-2012, 06:43 PM

So you think they should get rid of Aldridge? Because he is 27 years old already and it doesn't make a lot of sense to surround him with a bunch of 20 year old rookies.

b@llhog24
06-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Because that is nowhere near enough a good enough core to beat the Thunder and LMA is a walking injury. He may never be the same player after his last surgery.

Really? He's one of the healthiest players that play for the Blazers I doubt a minor hip surgery is going to change that. And the Thunder's core may not even be around 2 years from now.

b@llhog24
06-26-2012, 06:44 PM
So you think they should get rid of Aldridge? Because he is 27 years old already and it doesn't make a lot of sense to surround him with a bunch of 20 year old rookies.

For once I agree with you. :speechless:

kenzo400
06-26-2012, 06:45 PM

:facepalm: He missed like 10 games and is only 27 years old. Last season was like the only year that he missed significant time since his rookie campaign.

kenzo400
06-26-2012, 06:46 PM
For once I agree with you. :speechless:

You don't usually agree with me? :eyebrow:

b@llhog24
06-26-2012, 06:50 PM
You don't usually agree with me? :eyebrow:

I know I didn't in the Bosh food stamps thing and the Rudy Gay trade rumors, nothing else you've said though has ever jumped at me to disagree with, but let's not derail this thread.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 06:53 PM
:facepalm: He missed like 10 games and is only 27 years old. Last season was like the only year that he missed significant time since his rookie campaign.

1) He started showing complications of a Heart Condition last season and had to get HEART surgery.

2)He has an abnormal hip

3)He had to get arthroscopic surgery.

This is all just last season.

MiamiBoy77
06-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Draft either Lillard and Leonard or Drummond and Rivers/Lamb/Marshall.

HT9Canada
06-26-2012, 07:02 PM
It really is too bad about Roy and Oden but I think if they use their draft picks on a centre (a la Drummond) at 6 and then BPA at 11 or trade for a good vet they should be set for a while if everything goes decent.

Drummond/FA or pick 11
Aldridge/Hickson
Batum/Babbit
Matthews/J Crawford
FA or pick 11/N.Smith/E.Williams

that roster would be at $48,763,245 not including rookies or FA's. Def good for spot 8 plus extremely young to grow

Ironman5219
06-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Screw Portland, you can't have Millsap.... Millsap is worth to much to the Jazz, we would never do it for the 11th. Especailly trading with a division rival ( that sucks ) Again SCREW PORTLAND!

DeyAce
06-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Lillard is going to be a star. They need to draft him

kenzo400
06-26-2012, 07:09 PM
1) He started showing complications of a Heart Condition last season and had to get HEART surgery.

2)He has an abnormal hip

I don't remember hearing about the the abnormal hip, but seeing as how the Portland medical staff is saying he should be 100% back to his normal health next season, i wouldn't worry about it now. Until he starts missing significant time it's all just speculation.

It's not uncommon for big men his size to have some complications in their late 20's. As long as he hasn't had any serious injuries that derailed him then i don't think it's a case for worry.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Houston isn't giving up Lowry for anything outside of a top 10 pick. If they did a trade with Portland it would have to be for the 6th not the 11th.

JoeDirt05
06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
why is lowery all of a sudden worth a top 10 pick? he had one good season and he lost his starting job to his back up houston would be lucky to get #11 for him and thats a stretch he has reached his ceiling and imo Lillard is worth more to the blazers then Lowery ever will be.

STL Don
06-26-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd definitely trade one of two lottery picks for Lowry, he's a great player to add in rebuilding.

Kyle Lowry
Mathews
N.Batum
Aldridge

And use their 6th/11th pick on a center.

Bench- J.Crawford, Babbit, Flynn, Hickson, Thabeet/Przybilla/K.Thomas

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't remember hearing about the the abnormal hip, but seeing as how the Portland medical staff is saying he should be 100% back to his normal health next season, i wouldn't worry about it now. Until he starts missing significant time it's all just speculation.

It's not uncommon for big men his size to have some complications in their late 20's. As long as he hasn't had any serious injuries that derailed him then i don't think it's a case for worry.

So you think a guy with heart problems and a debilitating hip injury is not a problem? Good to know.

kenzo400
06-26-2012, 09:34 PM
So you think a guy with heart problems and a debilitating hip injury is not a problem? Good to know.

Some heart problems aren't that big of a deal. The irregular heart beat issue is often not that problematic and can be taken care of without impacting the players abilities on the court.

Anyways, you are just talking through your *** as usual.

shen
06-26-2012, 11:07 PM
He had a heart procedure and was starting 3 weeks later, never missing a game. The heart thing is not a problem at all. It has been stated many times by doctors that it will in no way influence his play what so ever.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Some heart problems aren't that big of a deal. The irregular heart beat issue is often not that problematic and can be taken care of without impacting the players abilities on the court.

Anyways, you are just talking through your *** as usual.

Way to ignore the degenerative hip injury. Good job.

justinnum1
06-26-2012, 11:12 PM
lowry, no brainer.

kenzo400
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Way to ignore the degenerative hip injury. Good job.

I haven't seen anything about it being degenerative or problematic for future. If you care to back up these claims i would be more than happy to read the link your provide. Until then there is nothing to ignore as nothing has been presented.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Screw Portland, you can't have Millsap.... Millsap is worth to much to the Jazz, we would never do it for the 11th. Especailly trading with a division rival ( that sucks ) Again SCREW PORTLAND!

Yeah, I mean didn't you guys lose Wes Matthews to them in free agency like 2 yrs back?

blazerman
06-26-2012, 11:25 PM

2)He has an abnormal hip

Yeah all this and he was still an ALLSTAR

Im curious to know your take on all these injury cases Kobe/DWade/DHoward/Rose/Ginobili/Parker/Nash !!

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 11:28 PM
I haven't seen anything about it being degenerative or problematic for future. If you care to back up these claims i would be more than happy to read the link your provide. Until then there is nothing to ignore as nothing has been presented.

Go through the timeline of Quick. It's there somewhere in March. Could care less either way.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Yeah all this and he was still an ALLSTAR

And so was Brandon Roy through all his injuries #justsayin

Mile High Champ
06-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Aldridge and Millsap on the same team. How is tha going to work?

RipCity32
06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Is it just me or do people underrate Lowry.

blazerman
06-26-2012, 11:39 PM
And so was Brandon Roy through all his injuries #justsayin

True and Milsap has been healthy every yr and is still a backup and never been an allstar, just saying!

The Jazz would get a gift if the Blazers if the Blazers gave them the #11 pick for him.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Is it just me or do people underrate Lowry.

no people overrate him like crazy

hes been in the league for 6 years and averaged double digit points twice

hes not that good

blazerman
06-26-2012, 11:46 PM

Your right he is worth to much for the Jazz, if I remember your owner had to take out a loan to give him a 10 million dollar sign on bonus, hahaha

what a crysac :cry:

Red Hot Rolllin
06-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Lillard is going to be a star. They need to draft him

what he said

xabial
06-27-2012, 12:25 AM
They Need to Draft Either 7'1 C Meyers Leonard (250lbs), or 7'0 C Tyler Zeller (247lbs) At #11, and Draft Lillard (Or Trade For Kyle Lowry) for the sixth Pick.

Not a Fan of Lowry But I know he's one of the better PG's in the League. If you need a PG He's Not a Bad Option.

b-ballistic
06-27-2012, 12:32 AM
The Blazers must be getting tired of the draft bust thing. I'd think about trading if I were them, too.

They already have youth. They need some real experience on that team...and durability.

Htownballa1622
06-27-2012, 12:35 AM

hes not that good

:facepalm:

what a great way to measure how good a player is. YOUVE obviously outed yourself as one of the least knowledgable posters today. please. just stop. for your own good.

jmoney85
06-27-2012, 01:28 AM

what a great way to measure how good a player is. YOUVE obviously outed yourself as one of the least knowledgable posters today. please. just stop. for your own good.

good counter point.... when all else fails just insult people

Htownballa1622
06-27-2012, 01:31 AM
good counter point.... when all else fails just insult people

no insulting here. you just claimed lowry isn't that good because he's averaged double digits twice.

that in itself tells the entire story.

b@llhog24
06-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Aldridge and Millsap on the same team. How is tha going to work?

It wouldn't.

hes not that good

b@llhog24
06-27-2012, 03:45 AM
They Need to Draft Either 7'1 C Meyers Leonard (250lbs), or 7'0 C Tyler Zeller (247lbs) At #11, and Draft Lillard (Or Trade For Kyle Lowry) for the sixth Pick.

Not a Fan of Lowry But I know he's one of the better PG's in the League. If you need a PG He's Not a Bad Option.

I could live with that.

Run&Gun
06-27-2012, 04:07 AM

2)He has an abnormal hip

Yeah I also haven't heard anything about the abnormal hip. His heart surgery isn't that big of a deal, he had wolf-parkinson syndrome, basically his heart had an extra electrical pulse, very hard to detect with minimal side effects. But once found it's not a big deal to fix and should have no side effects what so ever. Take it from someone from the medical field on this one.

gsw-all-the-way
06-27-2012, 04:42 AM
Yeah I also haven't heard anything about the abnormal hip. His heart surgery isn't that big of a deal, he had wolf-parkinson syndrome, basically his heart had an extra electrical pulse, very hard to detect with minimal side effects. But once found it's not a big deal to fix and should have no side effects what so ever. Take it from someone from the medical field on this one.

True