PDA

View Full Version : If You're The GM Of The Cleveland Cavs...

Rivera
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Do you trade up for the # 2 pick knowing you have to trade some of your teams assets when your team doesnt have many assets to begin with...and draft brad beal at #2

Or do you just let the draft play out keep all of your assets..stay at #4 and chose either harrison barnes or MKG

Explain your decision

Hawkeye15
06-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I would have traded JJ Hickson for Amare Stoudemire...

Rivera
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM

Well yea lol that was really dumb of them not to do that...but thats a completley different regime.

That isnt dealing with there current situation they are in now

topdog
06-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Which assets are we all giving up? The 24th pick is worth it to move up and get the shooter star of this class over the sketchy scorer of the class (Barnes) or the Gerald Wallace of the class.

The bigger question is why the Cavs took Thompson instead of Valanicius last year.

Carey
06-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I think Harrison Barnes is being undervalued and i'd stay at 4 and pick him. I think his game translates well to the pro's and i think he'll show a better open court then people think.

utl768
06-26-2012, 03:36 PM
draft picks in the nba are worthless unless its top 2 for the most part

only exception is an outlier like the 2003 draft

id give up all the picks to get to #2

NYG 2000
06-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Trade varajao and the 24th to gsw for the 8th, and draft Drummond and lamb

MiamiBoy77
06-26-2012, 03:49 PM
I draft Barnes at 4 and John Jenkins at 24

RenegadeRiot36
06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Id consider trading the 4 for Josh Smith (preferably Thompson and the 24th). If that doesnt pan out, I would stay at 4 and take MKG. Beal isnt worth both of the 1st rd picks.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Trade up. Beal and Irving in the same backcourt will be beastly.

b@llhog24
06-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Draft whoever is available at four. Kyrie is the kind of player who can play with almost anyone. A Kyrie Drummound/MKG/Beal tandem should work out as well in any event, well at least from a need/fit perspective. Just hope T-Rob goes top 3.

Shareeb_omac2
06-26-2012, 04:30 PM
draft picks in the nba are worthless unless its top 2 for the most part

only exception is an outlier like the 2003 draft

id give up all the picks to get to #2

1998 draft says hello.

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 04:31 PM
i like mkg but beal sounds like the real deal so i can't argue with trading up for the right price. what would that be/

greg_ory_2005
06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
It all depends on what they give up. But Gilchrist or Barnes would also be solid picks.

jrap2
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
trade up to get beal, would #4 and #24 be enough tho? prolly not

Jint.
06-26-2012, 04:40 PM
take Beal or Barnes

VRP723
06-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Personally? I would, yeah. You can make arguments both ways, but it's a matter of preference, there is no right answer until we see how they play.

StarvingKnick22
06-26-2012, 04:52 PM
I would have traded JJ Hickson for Amare Stoudemire... this

BuffsFan
06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I think I stay at four. The cavs need help all over, and could end up getting someone like a Sullinger who could fall all the way to 24 with his back problems. If not him that Royce White from Iowa State could be another possibility. Normally I'm all for trading up, but not when you have as many holes as they do.

alistar
06-26-2012, 05:02 PM

I also wouldn't have let Carlos Boozer go just because he said he promised he'd sign

kenzo400
06-26-2012, 05:13 PM
trade up to get beal, would #4 and #24 be enough tho? prolly not

It depends, if the Bobcats are sold on Robinson then it makes sense to trade the pick for 4, since he will be available. Plus they will have to pay him less and get the 24th pick as a bonus. Makes perfect sense to me.

rhaas74
06-26-2012, 05:31 PM

I would have too. Too bad that really wasn't the case, as has been reported by both sides after the trade deadline. The Cavs offered it and the Suns turned it down, but yea the Cavs should have forced them to trade Amare for a half-year rental. Because you know, Lebron was going to stay if the Cavs got Amare. It's not like him, Wade, and Bosh all formed a plan back in 2008 at the Olympics to play together on a team. BTW, how is Amare doing now. He certainly has to be a top 5 player in the league and totally worth the contract he is on right now. The Knicks are riding him deep into the playoffs right?

As for what the Cavs should do. I would stay put at 4 and try to package 24 and 33 with cap relief to move back up into the lottery if possible, probably towards the end of the lottery. Beal, Barnes, or MKG would all do great playing beside Kyrie. If you could snag Barnes or MKG and trade back up to get Terrence Ross. I would prefer Barnes/MKG and Ross over Beal.

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2012, 05:33 PM
trade to get beal, Beal is a stud. Ray allen comparisions on espn from anyalists. Do it in a second

knickerbockerny
06-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Beal is overrated, complete draft hype. After Anthony Davis the best players in the draft are from Uconn, and the only reason they are not consensus two and three picks is because of their motors.

Lamb was killing people last year and this year, dropped 30 more than a couple times, but because his team underpeformed Beal is rated over him.

knickerbockerny
06-26-2012, 05:35 PM
If I'm the Cavs I draft Drummond! Get a bigman coach, and do whatever it takes for big boy to succeed

Wolfman01
06-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Trading up to get Beal is a good thing but I don't see how the Cavs will be able to make that move.

j-bay
06-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Cleveland wants Beal and has offered the No. 4 pick and either the 33rd or 34th pick to Charlotte for the No. 2 pick, which would allow the Cavs to jump ahead of Washington and land the Florida guard. The hangup is that Charlotte, not in love with anyone available at No. 2, wants Cleveland's 24th pick. Cleveland also has had conversations with Sacramento (No. 5) and Golden State (No. 7), but the Charlotte deal makes the most sense and sources say there is enough momentum and desire on both sides to get it done. The Bobcats like Robinson and Barnes, and at least one of them will be available at No. 4; if Cleveland got Beal with the second pick, Washington might take Barnes at No. 3, sources said. CBSSports.com

Arch Stanton
06-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Cavs looking at SG Terrance Ross tomorrow who is projected to go 15.

Sinestro
06-27-2012, 12:34 AM
I'd just let it play out

Arch Stanton
06-27-2012, 01:08 AM
“@chadfordinsider: Nice shot across Bobcats bow RT @MrMichaelLee: Sources: Teams interested in Thomas Robinson calling about No. 3 pick: http://t.co/velgnniY”

“@chadfordinsider: Wizards want to make Bobcats nervous that if they trade 2 to Clev for 4 & 24, TRob, the guy the Cats covet, might not be there. Nice!”

j-bay
06-27-2012, 01:15 AM
“@chadfordinsider: Nice shot across Bobcats bow RT @MrMichaelLee: Sources: Teams interested in Thomas Robinson calling about No. 3 pick: http://t.co/velgnniY”

“@chadfordinsider: Wizards want to make Bobcats nervous that if they trade 2 to Clev for 4 & 24, TRob, the guy the Cats covet, might not be there. Nice!”

Love it. You could say the Wizards have the gun on the Bobcats head right now. Their sending the message saying go for it, I dare you. You do it and we'll pull the trigger.

Arch Stanton
06-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Love it. You could say the Wizards have the gun on the Bobcats head right now. Their sending the message saying go for it, I dare you. You do it and we'll pull the trigger.

But I think the Bobcats like Harrison Barnes too! The Wiz only have one gun. Then they take TRob? Who they don't want? Or do they for trading purposes?

j-bay
06-27-2012, 01:24 AM
But I think the Bobcats like Harrison Barnes too! The Wiz only have one gun. Then they take TRob? Who they don't want? Or do they for trading purposes?

i'm hearing trading purposes, your hearing alot of contending teams want that pick. So if i was the Bobcats, and i really like tomas robinson, I keep the pick. Because its obvious that the Wizards are going to make the Bobcats pay for not keeping the pick. I mean yeah Barnes is good, but i think the Bobcats like Robinson more.

j-bay
06-27-2012, 01:28 AM
I mean no offense, but don't you think that if the Bobcats favorite choice is Robinson and the Wizards are planning to trade the pick before the Cleveland pick don't you think the Bobcats would say "hey lets keep the pick. Robinson is our top guy and we are going with him".

j-bay
06-27-2012, 01:30 AM
I mean the Wizards are playing that mentality of "if we can't have our guy, you can't have yours"

Arch Stanton
06-27-2012, 01:35 AM
I mean no offense, but don't you think that if the Bobcats favorite choice is Robinson and the Wizards are planning to trade the pick before the Cleveland pick don't you think the Bobcats would say "hey lets keep the pick. Robinson is our top guy and we are going with him".

Yeah I just wasn't under the impression that the Cats were coveting one guy? Hence, taking risk to move to 4. If they really like Robinson that much then they should take him at 2 and not accept trade offers.

Arch Stanton
06-27-2012, 01:36 AM
I mean the Wizards are playing that mentality of "if we can't have our guy, you can't have yours"

So it's Beal or bust for the Wiz?