PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Targeting Dwight Howard AND Deron Williams?

Rockets Fanatic
06-26-2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/rockets-targeting-dwight-howard-deron-williams

"Deron Williams had narrowed down his list to Brooklyn and Dallas. However, if Dwight Howard is traded to Houston, everything changes."

Tweet from Alex Kennedy, Reporter from HOOPSWORLD

https://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNBA

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Dwight doesnt want to be there, so im sure Deron is going to hop on over there...

I know the way Deron works he isnt even going to consider Houston sorry

RLundi
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I think that was the idea from the start. In order to convince Dwight to sign long-term, they're gonna need another star, especially one that Dwight wants to play with.

They have the cap room, sounds like a no-brainer.

RLundi
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Dwight doesnt want to be there, so im sure Deron is going to hop on over there...

:laugh2:

Okay.

rapjuicer06
06-26-2012, 01:34 PM
lol Nets fans being closed minded on Deron leaving? Nooooo.

If Dwight goes to Houston I bet he'll be talking with Deron about joining him there, and I would think the likely hood of that would be very strong.

Rockets Fanatic
06-26-2012, 01:35 PM
I should have named this thread differently, look at the tweet though, that is the most important thing

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
lol Nets fans being closed minded on Deron leaving? Nooooo.

If Dwight goes to Houston I bet he'll be talking with Deron about joining him there, and I would think the likely hood of that would be very strong.

Yeah im sure Dwight is going to start recruiting people the minute he is traded to a place he doesnt want to be...nobody wants to be in Houston.

Rockets Fanatic
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah im sure Dwight is going to start recruiting people the minute he is traded to a place he doesnt want to be...nobody wants to be in Houston.

Yeah youre right, no state income tax + best economy + nicest people in the country. No appeal what so ever

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 01:40 PM
The Rockets are trying to put together a trade for Dwight Howard without an assurance that he would sign an extension.

A source with knowledge of Howard’s thinking said Monday that there was “not a chance” he would be convinced to re-sign with Houston if traded there. Howard would leave during the summer of 2013 to sign elsewhere.

Howard has given no indication of planning to sign a long-term extension with the Magic

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/221699/Source_No_Chance_Howard_Signs_Long_Term_With_Rocke ts#ixzz1yvEq0oTo

yea not happening

IndyRealist
06-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah youre right, no state income tax + best economy + nicest people in the country. No appeal what so ever

I'm in Houston. People aren't that nice.

fadedmario
06-26-2012, 01:41 PM

#Butthurt :laugh2:

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 01:41 PM

+highest real estate tax+absolutely no marketing appeal+middle of nowhere

Rockets Fanatic
06-26-2012, 01:42 PM
+highest real estate tax+absolutely no marketing appeal+middle of nowhere

middle of nowhere? are you high?

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 01:42 PM

Im just telling you facts! It has been reported Dwight doesnt want to go there...you dont have to convince me anything, I dont live in Houston so I dont need a history lesson from you. DWIGHT WANTS NO PART OF THE HOUSTON ROCKETS.

fadedmario
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
lol at Nets fans posting things that were said before Deron to Houston became a possibility. If the ROckets can get Dwight and are able to sign Deron, that's pretty much a done deal. I'm not biased either - I have no ties to any team involved in this.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
middle of nowhere? are you high?

what is in houston?

rapjuicer06
06-26-2012, 01:44 PM

Everything about your statement is false. Houston is an amazing place. It has everything Dwight has said he wanted...which can be taken with a grain a salt since he said he wants warm weather but wants BK...he's just a dumbass...but any ways...

Houston: Big market, Warm weather, salary cap that would enable them to pair Dwight with Deron who he "wants". Deron/Parsons/Dwight is a damn good legit 3.

If Dwight didn't recruit Deron to play there...well...he's an idiot because quite frankly, Dwight will have no other way to play with Deron. The Nets have to sign players, and I doubt they sign a bunch of one year contracts in order for them to suck again and then go get Dwight. The Nets need to move on and Deron does too unless he wants to suck for the duration of his prime years. Nets are the worse run franchised in the league (now the Otis is out of Orlando)

aussie
06-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Dude, no need to make a new thread for this...

gatkins11
06-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Everything about your statement is false. Houston is an amazing place. It has everything Dwight has said he wanted...which can be taken with a grain a salt since he said he wants warm weather but wants BK...he's just a dumbass...but any ways...

Houston: Big market, Warm weather, salary cap that would enable them to pair Dwight with Deron who he "wants". Deron/Parsons/Dwight is a damn good legit 3.

If Dwight didn't recruit Deron to play there...well...he's an idiot because quite frankly, Dwight will have no other way to play with Deron. The Nets have to sign players, and I doubt they sign a bunch of one year contracts in order for them to suck again and then go get Dwight. The Nets need to move on and Deron does too unless he wants to suck for the duration of his prime years. Nets are the worse run franchised in the league (now the Otis is out of Orlando)

:facepalm: There's no doubt in my mind that Parsons can be a good contributor, but he's not a star and won't be in my opinion.

fadedmario
Dude, no need to make a new thread for this...

Why? Everyone is talking about it on ESPN - but it's not good enough for PSD - GTFO

Muttman73

You guys are close??

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 01:55 PM
what is in houston?

warm weather?

a place with opportunity? basketball reasons

an airplane thats about 3-5hrs away from anywhere you want to go?

rhino17
06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
...nobody wants to be in Houston.

yeah, thats definitely true considering its the 4th largest city in the country and more NBA players reside in Houston in the offseason than any other city.

Great players like Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Steve Francis, Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest, etc all definitely didn't request trades tot he Rockets during their careers :rolleyes:

rapjuicer06
:facepalm: There's no doubt in my mind that Parsons can be a good contributor, but he's not a star and won't be in my opinion.

Did I say he was a star? Nope. I said it'd be a legit starting 3. You can take that facepalm and shove it

DoMeFavors

Yep my mistake!

Deron,Dwight,Parsons is gonna be talked about for years WHAT A BIG 3...Well I dont think Deron or the Nets are moving on...I think Houston is gonna take that title if they trade for Dwight because he is out of there next year!!

EDUTEXANS
haterz

rapjuicer06
06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Yep my mistake!

Deron,Dwight,Parsons is gonna be talked about for years WHAT A BIG 3...Well I dont think Deron or the Nets are moving on...I think Houston is gonna take that title if they trade for Dwight because he is out of there next year!!

Deron/Dwight in Houston is better than Deron/Dwight in BK. Fact

netsgiantsyanks
06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
am i one of the few net fans that's actually rational?

zB_#85
06-26-2012, 02:00 PM
warm weather?

a place with opportunity? basketball reasons

an airplane thats about 3-5hrs away from anywhere you want to go?

well that's a positive. at least it won't take Dwight long to get to his new home when he walks in 2013 :)

joshhorvath
06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Let me put it in facts...

There's more of a chance of Howard wanting to playing in Toronto then there is of him wanting to play in Houston!

Hell, who wouldn't want to have his fanbase consist of a whole country!

rapjuicer06
06-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Let me put it in facts...

There's more of a chance of Howard wanting to playing in Toronto then there is of him wanting to play in Houston!

Hell, who wouldn't want to have his fanbase consist of a whole country!

Considering Houston has an enormous population, and Texas is relatively close to the population of Cananda...and for ****s sake...its Canada, I'd say it doesn't have that much pull

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
well that's a positive. at least it won't take Dwight long to get to his new home when he walks in 2013 :)

:) yep

MagicBucsSox
06-26-2012, 02:07 PM
I warn you ppl Alex Kennedy is a fraud hack writer. He creates his own buzz

EDUTEXANS
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
it might be just me, but I have never heard from Howard that he doesn't want to come here, it was just a freakin' rumor by David Aldridge and yall start to discuss about which city is the best, which city has the best weather, come on

Pakman
06-26-2012, 02:09 PM
I hope this trade doesn't go through just so the OP is let down.

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 02:10 PM
lol at Nets fans posting things that were said before Deron to Houston became a possibility. If the ROckets can get Dwight and are able to sign Deron, that's pretty much a done deal. I'm not biased either - I have no ties to any team involved in this.

honestly. they were all "certain" that dwight was going to nj/bk this past season, too.

dwight has all sorts of reasons to go for houston. it makes more sense than most destinations honestly. the nets had their shot imo and blew it.

DR_1
06-26-2012, 02:11 PM
I hope they go to Houston Rockets fans deserve it, great city

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 02:12 PM

No BK has a much better appeal and free agents would pick there over Houston, thats why Houston has lived by drafting.

waveycrockett
it might be just me, but I have never heard from Howard that he doesn't want to come here, it was just a freakin' rumor by David Aldridge and yall start to discuss about which city is the best, which city has the best weather, come on

I never heard from Dwight that he does lol

Rockets Fanatic
I hope they go to Houston Rockets fans deserve it, great city

Thanks! Lived in Chicago for a year! Awesome City! Just too damn cold for me

rhino17
No BK has a much better appeal and free agents would pick there over Houston, thats why Houston has lived by drafting.

Are you completely delusional? What world do you live in?

EDUTEXANS
06-26-2012, 02:17 PM
I never heard from Dwight that he does lol

that's what I'm saying, no one knows what he wants. period.

Hoopin&Swoopin
06-26-2012, 02:17 PM
I remember reports of KG saying he wouldn't play in Boston and we all know how that turned out...

Rockets Fanatic
06-26-2012, 02:18 PM
I wonder what Top 10 Picks or pick the Rockets will end up getting. Kings? Raptors?

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 02:18 PM

cost of living makes up for the state tax

NYsFinest
06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
LOL at Nets fans... after being one of the worst free agent destinations in the past, suddenly they feel like their team is the only desirable franchise in the NBA and think they are entitled to things. You would think one of the worst and smallest fanbases in the NBA would be a little more humble... now they are acting like they root for the Yankees. Rockets are a great franchise and Houston is a nice market, Nets have zero assets so Dwight may have to settle for the Rockets like CP3 did for LAC. Nets have ZERO leverage now and absolutely no assets... stop acting like Nets are the only destination for Dwight.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 02:21 PM

lol wut?

when houston is done trading everybody for picks to get dwight they wont have anybody left lol

at least the nets will have gerald wallace/gerald green/morrow and a free agent PF

DR_1
06-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks! Lived in Chicago for a year! Awesome City! Just too damn cold for me

Lol any time. Now you just need to get rid of KMart the chucker and you guys are golden! Well, I also wantto see the Nets get crushed lol

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM

keep tellin yourself that bub.

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM
LOL at Nets fans... after being one of the worst free agent destinations in the past, suddenly they feel like their team is the only desirable franchise in the NBA and think they are entitled to things. You would think one of the worst and smallest fanbases in the NBA would be a little more humble... now they are acting like they root for the Yankees. Rockets are a great franchise and Houston is a nice market, Nets have zero assets so Dwight may have to settle for the Rockets like CP3 did for LAC.

Ok got 3 hall of famers in the last 10 years to sign a contract with the Nets, when has Houston or even NYK done that?

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM
its a pipe dream to think hes leaving brooklyn for houston lol

if hes leaving hes going to dallas

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 02:24 PM
cost of living makes up for the state tax

lol as opposed to the cost of living in manhattan? or would dwight be posting up in BK or the bronx? probably none of the above, he'd get a mansion in connecticut.

gawd some of ya'll need to stop sippin the kool aid.

NYsFinest
06-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Ok got 3 hall of famers in the last 10 years to sign a contract with the Nets, when has Houston or even NYK done that?

Petro, Morrow and Outlaw?

rhino17
06-26-2012, 02:25 PM

As I mentioned earlier, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Steve Francis, Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest, etc all requested trades to the Rockets. Those are not just all stars, those are some all time greats

DR_1
06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Petro, Morrow and Outlaw?

Dont forget the GOAT Brook Lopez

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
its a pipe dream to think hes leaving brooklyn for houston lol

if hes leaving hes going to dallas

and what does dallas have to offer the magic front office that can compete with what houston may be able to offer? playing with dirk and....?

have you ever been to houston or dallas? enough times to say something like that?

NYsFinest
06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
As I mentioned earlier, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Steve Francis, Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest, etc all requested trades to the Rockets. Those are not just all stars, those are some all time greats

No point in arguing with him if he believes the Nets have been a prime FA destination in the past...

EDUTEXANS
06-26-2012, 02:28 PM
lol wut?

when houston is done trading everybody for picks to get dwight they wont have anybody left lol

at least the nets will have gerald wallace/gerald green/morrow and a free agent PF

wow that sounds a lot

we would still have Dragic, Lee, camby, Scola, patterson, parsons, Montiejunas...

MattyAction
06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
DoMeFavors: I'm asking you. Please. Just stop talking. This coming from a die hard Nets fan since the early nineties. You're making an entire fan base seem uneducated in All there is Nba. And you have a keen knack of coming off on every post as childish and annoying. Sorry man that's just real talk.

fadedmario
06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Boom! MattyAction with the ROAST!

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
lol as opposed to the cost of living in manhattan? or would dwight be posting up in BK or the bronx? probably none of the above, he'd get a mansion in connecticut.

its only a 7 million dollar difference... he will make 25 more contractually and even more with the current endorsements he already has in NY

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 02:32 PM
LOL at Nets fans... after being one of the worst free agent destinations in the past, suddenly they feel like their team is the only desirable franchise in the NBA and think they are entitled to things. You would think one of the worst and smallest fanbases in the NBA would be a little more humble... now they are acting like they root for the Yankees. Rockets are a great franchise and Houston is a nice market, Nets have zero assets so Dwight may have to settle for the Rockets like CP3 did for LAC. Nets have ZERO leverage now and absolutely no assets... stop acting like Nets are the only destination for Dwight.

you laugh at nets fans ..... now I laugh at you for saying they dont have any assets

they amazingly had assets but traded 1 draft pick and now they dont have any

people on psd are hilarious :facepalm:

Ill21
06-26-2012, 02:33 PM

you dont know that. Deron and Dwight want to play together, so if its Houston then that will have to do.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I remember reports of KG saying he wouldn't play in Boston and we all know how that turned out...

I dont see 2 future Hall of Fame players and a Coach of the Year not to mention Bill Russell waiting there to convince him. Only reason KG stayed.

JordansBulls
06-26-2012, 02:35 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/rockets-targeting-dwight-howard-deron-williams

"Deron Williams had narrowed down his list to Brooklyn and Dallas. However, if Dwight Howard is traded to Houston, everything changes."

Tweet from Alex Kennedy, Reporter from HOOPSWORLD

https://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNBA

I'd be going to Rockets games weekly if this happened.

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 02:35 PM
you dont know that. Deron and Dwight want to play together, so if its Houston then that will have to do.

Reports are coming out right now Deron doesnt have any desire to go to Houston...sorry guys!

Rockice_8
06-26-2012, 02:37 PM
The Rockets currently have 3 1st but can not use all of them in a trade for Dwight. The Nets currently own the Rocket 2013 1st rounder. They could only use 2 in a Dwight deal. #14 and #16 plus some average players isn't landing Dwight.

They are still trying to get into the top 10 cause they know they don't have enough to land him yet. The Raps are already denying that they are dealing their pick for Lowery so the Rockets still need to make move in order to pull off a Dwight deal.

Lopez > #14 and #16

gatkins11
06-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Did I say he was a star? Nope. I said it'd be a legit starting 3. You can take that facepalm and shove it

Cool story bro.

DR_1
06-26-2012, 02:38 PM
DoMeFavors: I'm asking you. Please. Just stop talking. This coming from a die hard Nets fan since the early nineties. You're making an entire fan base seem uneducated in All there is Nba. And you have a keen knack of coming off on every post as childish and annoying. Sorry man that's just real talk.

:laugh:

:burn:

:clap:

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 02:39 PM

your talking about COST OF LIVING for a man who is going to get a 100 Million Dollar contract and likely a 200 Million dollar deal from Adidas on top of that for coming to Brooklyn..... NOT even counting other endorsement deals he has and will get and the money he already has. Some of you are high when you post I swear. Cost of living? lol

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Here's the deal alright if ANY of you believe that Morey would give up all of those assets just to watch Howard bolt don't know anything. Say we trade for Howard by the next trade deadline if it's a sure thing that he won't resign with Houston hell be traded again Houston won't be left empty handed whether he stays or goes its a total win win situation. Either he stays and you build from there or you re trade him and get a haul in return just for taking a shot at trying to make it work.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
lets kill all this talk now lol
http://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/217686121176514560

Sam Amick
‏@sam_amick
Source close to Brooklyn PG Deron Williams says Houston not likely to be added to his free agency wish list even if the Rockets get Dwight Howard. Williams is focused on the Nets or Dallas, his hometown team. If Williams felt differently and headed for Houston, and Howard signed the extension that no one thinks he'd ever sign, I'm guessing Rockets GM Daryl Morey would then be given a 27-year extension of his own.

rapjuicer06
06-26-2012, 02:45 PM
lol wut?

What will the Nets have?

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 02:45 PM

dwill has said multiple times that dwights future has no impact on his decision

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
What will the Nets have?

it was said in the post you quoted... can you not read?

Rockets Fanatic
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
lets kill all this talk now lol
http://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/217686121176514560

chit

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 02:47 PM
I cant believe people actually thought dwill would consider houston LMAO

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm guessing this is a bluff, much like the "no chance I'll re-sign" leak from Dwight's camp last night. To me, what's obvious is that Plan A for both Dwight and Deron is to team up in NYC. If it weren't, you wouldn't hear reports on Deron being torn between the Nets/Mavs. The Mavs are clearly the better basketball situation, and it's home. Deron is hoping the Nets have an ace up their sleeve in Dwight, and Dwight clearly wants to go (Woj report last week that he's demanding a trade to NJ before free agency).

The biggest obstacle to the Nets getting Howard, though - just like at the deadline - is the stones of Daryl Morey and his willingness to do a deal without any guarantee of an extension. Orlando has zero reason to send Dwight to the team of his choosing, and the Rockets clearly have more to offer than the Nets. (Interesting reversal of the Jazz/Nets/Rockets dynamic two years ago when the Favors offer trumped us for Deron.)

The camps of Dwight and Deron see what's happening, and there's not much they can do about it... except for one thing. That's to scream from the rooftops about how neither has any interest in Houston, won't sign or re-sign, etc., etc. I'm not buying it. It's a last-ditch ploy to try and salvage the NYC dream. Make the deal, let it blow over for a few days, and show up on Deron's doorstep (with Dwight in tow) on July 1. I like Houston's chances.

Losoway
06-26-2012, 02:51 PM
i know for a fact dwight is not gonna resign to houston . so the rockets are doing a good job with getting draft picks but they need to give up

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Close thread

Losoway
06-26-2012, 02:52 PM
I cant believe people actually thought dwill would consider houston LMAO

i cant believe it either
:facepalm::facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Net fans are scared :laugh:

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 02:54 PM

of?

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing this is a bluff, much like the "no chance I'll re-sign" leak from Dwight's camp last night. To me, what's obvious is that Plan A for both Dwight and Deron is to team up in NYC. If it weren't, you wouldn't hear reports on Deron being torn between the Nets/Mavs. The Mavs are clearly the better basketball situation, and it's home. Deron is hoping the Nets have an ace up their sleeve in Dwight, and Dwight clearly wants to go (Woj report last week that he's demanding a trade to NJ before free agency).

The biggest obstacle to the Nets getting Howard, though - just like at the deadline - is the stones of Daryl Morey and his willingness to do a deal without any guarantee of an extension. Orlando has zero reason to send Dwight to the team of his choosing, and the Rockets clearly have more to offer than the Nets. (Interesting reversal of the Jazz/Nets/Rockets dynamic two years ago when the Favors offer trumped us for Deron.)

The camps of Dwight and Deron see what's happening, and there's not much they can do about it... except for one thing. That's to scream from the rooftops about how neither has any interest in Houston, won't sign or re-sign, etc., etc. I'm not buying it. It's a last-ditch ploy to try and salvage the NYC dream. Make the deal, let it blow over for a few days, and show up on Deron's doorstep (with Dwight in tow) on July 1. I like Houston's chances.

Um no thats what you WANT to believe, so in this case they want to go everywhere else but HOuston so they are just gonna commit there? NO! You dont understand NOBODY wants to play there!

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 02:56 PM

I hope the lockout ends soon!

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Um no thats what you WANT to believe, so in this case they want to go everywhere else but HOuston so they are just gonna commit there? NO! You dont understand NOBODY wants to play there!

Dwight has no choice. If Deron was going to re-sign, he would have done it by now. He wants Dwight there, and so do their agents to market them.

Hoopin&Swoopin
06-26-2012, 02:58 PM

Chill with the hyperbole my man.

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Dwight has no choice. If Deron was going to re-sign, he would have done it by now. He wants Dwight there, and so do their agents to market them.

He wants to go through free agency process, you dont know about Deron or Dwight your a new player in this game...stick to Houston hoops.

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I hope the lockout ends soon!

I hope Melo is traded to the Nets soon!

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM
He wants to go through free agency process, you dont know about Deron or Dwight your a new player in this game...stick to Houston hoops.

lol why do you think he wants to go through free agency process? If he had a good team in Brooklyn and/or Dwight already traded there, he wouldn't test free agency.

Hoopin&Swoopin
06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
I dont see 2 future Hall of Fame players and a Coach of the Year not to mention Bill Russell waiting there to convince him. Only reason KG stayed.

That's sort of my point. Once the extra piece got added to Boston (Ray Allen), KG was willing to commit. In this case, if Deron williams were to go to Houston, Dwight would likely change his tune about not willing to play there. Obviously there is no guarantee this will happen, but to discount Houston's chances altogether isn't really fair.

They also have Hakeem and Kevin McHale waiting there to convince him which is enticing to a big man like Dwight.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
I hope Melo is traded to the Nets soon!haha I bet you do!

oak2455
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM

All 5:speechless:

JIDsanity
06-26-2012, 03:05 PM
all 5:speechless:

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 03:05 PM
lol why do you think he wants to go through free agency process? If he had a good team in Brooklyn and/or Dwight already traded there, he wouldn't test free agency.

Why are you even talking about other teams players? Dwight is so scared of HOuston he is telling media, and now Deron..Nobody wants to play there! Get your own players then you can talk. Oh yeah forgot Chandler parsons....

Gritz
06-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I know the way Deron works

lmao

DoMeFavors
All 5:speechless:

Nobody talks about fan support like the Knick fans..maybe they would bring other stuff up o yeah I forgot they have probably been the worst franchise in the last 10 years.

KniCks4LiFe
haha I bet you do!

I fear draft night the Nets will lower the boom on the tristate. What better night to make the noise and steal headlines/mark the arrival.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Why are you even talking about other teams players? Dwight is so scared of HOuston he is telling media, and now Deron..Nobody wants to play there! Get your own players then you can talk. Oh yeah forgot Chandler parsons....

Have you seen a quote directly from Dwight? No. Only "sources" and people in his camp because they want to market him in Brooklyn. Same thing with Deron's agent. Too bad Dwight opted in at the deadline, or else he could have been a Net and Deron would have re-signed. Now Dwight has no control over where he goes. I guess being horrible and tanking works for everyone but the Nets, sucking so long without any top talent or picks to show for it.

wtbaseball
06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
You people are so clueless if you believe anything that these athletes say. Tim Tebow says he is happy as a second string QB Dwight Howard says he wants out and then he says he loves it in Orlando then he wants out again and now theres talks of a trade. Stop arguing over this crap you morons no one knows where either player is going untill the deal is done now shut up and move on.

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Have you seen a quote directly from Dwight? No. Only "sources" and people in his camp because they want to market him in Brooklyn. Same thing with Deron's agent. Too bad Dwight opted in at the deadline, or else he could have been a Net and Deron would have re-signed. Now Dwight has no control over where he goes. I guess being horrible and tanking works for everyone but the Nets, sucking so long without any top talent or picks to show for it.

He will only be there for a year if he is traded to Hou maybe not even...they might have to trade him at the deadline to get something back for Dwight.

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Nobody talks about fan support like the Knick fans..maybe they would bring other stuff up o yeah I forgot they have probably been the worst franchise in the last 10 years.

And recently the last 5 years the Nets have been the worse franchise in the league and traded a lottery pick for Gerald Wallace... Dumbest trade of all time!

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 03:18 PM
He will only be there for a year if he is traded to Hou maybe not even...they might have to trade him at the deadline to get something back for Dwight.

lol you're delusional if you think Morey won't put a team around him that'll compete for years. Doesn't matter though, because if he leaves, then we can tank properly and be bad enough to get a top pick, unlike the Nets who are dumb enough to trade their picks for people like Gerald Wallace.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 03:18 PM
i know for a fact dwight is not gonna resign to houston . so the rockets are doing a good job with getting draft picks but they need to give up

He's worked with Olajuwon in the offseason and to be fair you don't know anything for a fact you probably don't even know what your mom is making for dinner so STFU. Houston's the 3rd largest city in the US with plenty of upside including a wide open West with LA and San Antonio declining his chances of a title in Houston are better than they would be in NJ even if Dwill stays there.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2012, 03:25 PM
He's worked with Olajuwon in the offseason and to be fair you don't know anything for a fact you probably don't even know what your mom is making for dinner so STFU. Houston's the 3rd largest city in the US with plenty of upside including a wide open West with LA and San Antonio declining his chances of a title in Houston are better than they would be in NJ even if Dwill stays there.

This. Miami has the East on lockdown for years to come. Dwight + Deron in the West would have a better chance. Plus you get paid and win in Houston will getting international endorsements, or the "Yao Effect" like Kobe and others benefited from that.

RLundi
06-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Lol with every post from jmoney, DoMeFavors and waveycrockett, I dislike the Nets that much more. What a shame- we should all be rooting for them in their new home with a fresh start. Instead, a small group of individuals ruin it.

Very sad.

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 03:33 PM
And recently the last 5 years the Nets have been the worse franchise in the league and traded a lottery pick for Gerald Wallace... Dumbest trade of all time!

How ? is the number 6th pick better than Wallace? NO! Pacers had the 4th best record and traded their pick for George Hill who isnt even close to Gerald Wallace. Keep hating tho!

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Everyone seems to have forgotten Miami because they will be coming out of the East for the next 5 years on the contrary the West is up for grabs with the powers that were ending their runs. All this talk from (sources) is nothing more than PR bull$h!t in a last ditch effort to control where Howard and Dwill play for the next 8 years nothing more. Houston has zero to lose by making the move they either get him and he commits or they move him at the deadline for a haul either way they end up better than they started.

If he commits Dwill comes aboard and Morey adds around them and were contending for a title yearly the possibilities are endless hell it's even possible they land Gasol to go along with them wouldn't that be something.

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Lol with every post from jmoney, DoMeFavors and waveycrockett, I dislike the Nets that much more. What a shame- we should all be rooting for them in their new home with a fresh start. Instead, a small group of individuals ruin it.

Very sad.

Im sure us NEt fans are losing sleep over that!

oak2455
06-26-2012, 03:38 PM

Really?? Hows all those draft picks ? Or that epic 22 win season or the fact that nobody in the tri state area cares about the Nets

Yankees
Giants
Jets
Knicks
Mets
Rangers
Red Bulls
NY Liberty
BK Nets:)

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Even if they don't get Howard Josh Smith and Gasol are almost as good of a consolation prize. Some are even speculating a Josh smith move would be a precursor to getting Howard since they are childhood friends. Howard/Jsmoove/Dwill/Gasol are all in play right now and 2 or 3 of the 4 guys would mean instant success in the West you think we got haters now just wait.

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
How ? is the number 6th pick better than Wallace? NO! Pacers had the 4th best record and traded their pick for George Hill who isnt even close to Gerald Wallace. Keep hating tho!

George Hill is young with potential and is under contract...

Gerald Wallace is past his prime and is a free agent...

You just traded a lottery pick (something you could of use to trade for Howard since all of the Nets players R trash) for nothing.

Nice try though!

jrm2054
06-26-2012, 03:43 PM
One thread Rockets want these two guys. Other thread they both say no way ever.

DoMeFavors
06-26-2012, 03:50 PM
George Hill is young with potential and is under contract...

Gerald Wallace is past his prime and is a free agent...

You just traded a lottery pick (something you could of use to trade for Howard since all of the Nets players R trash) for nothing.

Nice try though!

and Wallace was an all star 2 years ago and 1st team all D

rhino17
06-26-2012, 03:51 PM
NO! You dont understand NOBODY wants to play there!

I've refuted this claim of yours multiple times in this thread and you have yet to respond. You are completely clueless

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 03:56 PM
One thread Rockets want these two guys. Other thread they both say no way ever.

Inaccurate statement their (people or supposed sources) say they want no part of it neither of them has been quoted directly on record as not wanting to come here. And Howard has no choice so it's all PR $h!t in an effort to control his fate in the end it doesn't matter his hands are tied. Until either of them go on record dismissing Houston and even then it bears no relevance the wheels are in motion and the momentum is picking up. I honestly think Howard is too ignorant for his own good unless all he's interested is money because that's all he or Dwill will get in NJ it won't be a title that's for sure they won't unseat Miami at any point in the next 4-5 years in the East. The best thing is he gets paid AND wins in Houston something NJ can't facilitate.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I've refuted this claim of yours multiple times in this thread and you have yet to respond. You are completely clueless

Your frustration is noted even if nobody gives a $h!t. Nobody wants to play for NJ except for money not to win you have to overpay everyone to come there because it sucks so bad oh BTW when's the last time the Nets won a title?

NJ won't ever get past Miami that's a promise you can choke on its not ever going to happen. If Howard couldn't get it done with the team he had in the finals in Orlando wtf makes you think NJ will be any different?

Hoopin&Swoopin
06-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Your frustration is noted even if nobody gives a $h!t. Nobody wants to play for NJ except for money not to win you have to overpay everyone to come there because it sucks do bad oh BTW when's the last time the Nets won a title?

NJ won't ever get past Miami that's a promise you can choke on its not ever going to happen. If Howard couldn't get it done with the team he had in the finals in Orlando wtf makes you think NJ will be any different?

Maybe players will be willing to play in both Brooklyn and Houston. The deciding factor here will likely be basketball reasons, not which city is "better".

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:12 PM

Very sad.

every post we make is us defending the nets because everybody hates them and everybody has always hated them (for some weird reason)... most net fans arent cocky or defensive unless people stir it up 1st (mostly knick fans)

people have never rooted for the nets

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Your frustration is noted even if nobody gives a $h!t. Nobody wants to play for NJ except for money not to win you have to overpay everyone to come there because it sucks so bad oh BTW when's the last time the Nets won a title?

last time I checked the nets arent in NJ anymore

you can figure out a new way to hate

AWC713
06-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Im just telling you facts! It has been reported Dwight doesnt want to go there...you dont have to convince me anything, I dont live in Houston so I dont need a history lesson from you. DWIGHT WANTS NO PART OF THE HOUSTON ROCKETS.

you sound like an idiot. It was reported that Lebron wanted to go to NY. It was reported that Dwight wanted to go to LA. Then it was reported that he didnt want to go to LA.

Just because something is reported or isnt reported doesnt mean its true. Dwight could grow to like Houston, especially if they put a winning team around him. Houston does have marketing appeal--its the 4th biggest city in America. Greater houston has 5 M people.

People act like its not a major hub, and thats because the national media ignores houston. its a great city. booming economy right now, one of the top places for young people to move to. texans have created a stir in town. its a great place. lived here 20 years. its got a southern feel to it--people are really nice.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Maybe players will be willing to play in both Brooklyn and Houston. The deciding factor here will likely be basketball reasons, not which city is "better".

Oh I'm not saying Houston is better than Brooklyn or vice versa I'm just saying the clearest way for Howard and Dwill to get the money and the title is in the West in Houston. People don't want to acknowledge Houston being the 3rd largest city in the US is a big market and as I've stated previously with the Lakers and Spurs ending their runs the West is up for grabs title chances for them both go up in Houston rather than Brooklyn from a competition standpoint within the conferences.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
last time I checked the nets arent in NJ anymore

you can figure out a new way to hate

You and everyone knows what I meant so if that's all you got why even waste a post troll? I'm not hating I'm making a valid argument you can't refute nothing more NJ/BK Nets can't clear Miami and NY and Chicago in the East even changing team names can't change that.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh I'm not saying Houston is better than Brooklyn or vice versa I'm just saying the clearest way for Howard and Dwill to get the money and the title is in the West in Houston. People don't want to acknowledge Houston being the 3rd largest city in the US is a big market and as I've stated previously with the Lakers and Spurs ending their runs the West is up for grabs title chances for them both go up in Houston rather than Brooklyn from a competition standpoint within the conferences.

#1 houston is not the clearest way for them to play or get the money ... brooklyn can offer dwill the most money- FACT

#2 if brooklyn was its own city it would be the 3rd largest city in the country - FACT

houston is not the 3rd largest city in the country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

if you are going to speak please post facts

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:22 PM
You and everyone knows what I meant so if that's all you got why even waste a post troll? I'm not hating I'm making a valid argument you can't refute nothing more NJ/BK Nets can't clear Miami and NY and Chicago in the East even changing team names can't change that.

and what has houston done lately thats any different?... you didnt even make the playoffs last season... as far as im concerned there is no difference between us

Hoopin&Swoopin

Gotcha, I think that the West is definitely more wide open than the East. However, if OKC is able to retain their core that'll be a tough team for anybody to beat.

RLundi

Reading comprehension clearly eludes you.

You do realize he's arguing FOR the city of Houston, don't you?

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
and what has houston done lately thats any different?... you didnt even make the playoffs last season... as far as im concerned there is no difference between us

better gm, better supporting cast, better coach, better pedigree for starters.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM

We didn't try to make the playoffs last season and the previous years we did make the playoffs we did it with no star that's something the Nets couldn't do with a star. Theres a lot of difference you just ignore the differences like a stacked East vs wide open West the path is clearer to the finals in the West even if you don't believe it.

Shareeb_omac2
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
This is pointless to discuss... Because we all know Deron is going to Dallas.

:-)

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:28 PM
better gm, better supporting cast, better coach, better pedigree for starters.

no @ better gm... which must mean morey sucks because he is terrible but his resume is much better

supporting cast?... what supporting cast? you are trading your whole team for picks... ill take wallace/green/morrow/brooks/dwill

better coach?... avery johnson has been to the finals as a coach... what has mchale done except get fired from the TWOLVES....

you're either trolling or just stupid.... being that you're a knicks fan its hard to decipher

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:29 PM
We didn't try to make the playoffs last season and the previous years we did make the playoffs we did it with no star that's something the Nets couldn't do with a star. Theres a lot of difference you just ignore the differences like a stacked East vs wide open West the path is clearer to the finals in the West even if you don't believe it.

you didnt try to make the playoffs last season? LMAO thats a knee slapper

your team had a playoff spot but choked harder then jenna jamison deep throating

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:31 PM
#1 houston is not the clearest way for them to play or get the money ... brooklyn can offer dwill the most money- FACT

#2 if brooklyn was its own city it would be the 3rd largest city in the country - FACT

houston is not the 3rd largest city in the country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

if you are going to speak please post facts

Houston recently surpassed Chicago for 3rd largest city on the list FACT.

And IF Brooklyn this and if that something you Nets fans all have plenty of is excuses FACT.

You should be taking your issues up with your organization not strangers in a forum if you complained and b!tched to them as much as you all do on here maybe they would make better decisions.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM

and the west isnt wide open at all

thunder
lakers
utah
memphis
clippers

all teams that would be hard to knock off

in the east you have

heat

indiana

nobody

RLundi
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
every post we make is us defending the nets because everybody hates them and everybody has always hated them (for some weird reason)... most net fans arent cocky or defensive unless people stir it up 1st (mostly knick fans)

people have never rooted for the nets

Nope. Everyone hates you, WaveyCrockett, DoMeFavors and ChillWill once the cockiness skyrocketed to astronomical levels since you guys started walking your baby nuts around Knicks fans professing Dwight would be the savior that would make New York forget about the Knicks.

Any hate that the Nets receive on PSD, as unwarranted as it is, is a direct result of the few moronic Nets fans that have spoiled the bunch of an otherwise solid fan base.

Congratulations.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:33 PM

And IF Brooklyn this and if that something you Nets fans all have plenty of is excuses FACT.

You should be taking your issues up with your organization not strangers in a forum if you complained and b!tched to them as much as you all do on here maybe they would make better decisions.

speak english please?

RLundi
06-26-2012, 04:34 PM

Now you're just making stuff up.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
you didnt try to make the playoffs last season? LMAO thats a knee slapper

your team had a playoff spot but choked harder then jenna jamison deep throating

Losing your starting PG who was carrying the team for the last 2 months of the season will lose you games. Matter of fact Lowry outplayed Dwill most of the year with his averages. You are an ignorant little hypocrite I'll give you that your team can't even keep its lotto picks or the star it traded them for and you have the nerve to talk **** about Houston not making the playoffs? We've won a title and made the playoffs more than the Nets have in recent memory so keep talking chump. You are a complete moron I mean short bus stupid.

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
no @ better gm... which must mean morey sucks because he is terrible but his resume is much better

supporting cast?... what supporting cast? you are trading your whole team for picks... ill take wallace/green/morrow/brooks/dwill

better coach?... avery johnson has been to the finals as a coach... what has mchale done except get fired from the TWOLVES....

you're either trolling or just stupid.... being that you're a knicks fan its hard to decipher

1. im a celtics fan, troll harder.
2. who has NJ signed? petro and outlaw? go away.
3. avery johnson got fired after his team choked in the finals and the playoffs. what has he done in nj that is so great?
4. anyone who says things like the bolded i assume to be a pathological child. so, with that, have a nice day kiddo.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Nope. Everyone hates you, WaveyCrockett, DoMeFavors and ChillWill once the cockiness skyrocketed to astronomical levels since you guys started walking your baby nuts around Knicks fans professing Dwight would be the savior that would make New York forget about the Knicks.

Any hate that the Nets receive on PSD, as unwarranted as it is, is a direct result of the few moronic Nets fans that have spoiled the bunch of an otherwise solid fan base.

Congratulations.

domefavors is the only person that is truely cocky... and most nets fans cant stand him

I feel me and waveycrockett actually have good posts where we can speak objectively but we get taunted by knicks fans on a regular basis... if you choose to ignore that then thats fine

but I disagree with your opinion of us

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
1. im a celtics fan, troll harder.
2. who has NJ signed? petro and outlaw? go away.
3. avery johnson got fired after his team choked in the finals and the playoffs. what has he done in nj that is so great?
4. anyone who says things like the bolded i assume to be a pathological child. so, with that, have a nice day kiddo.

was that billy king? no it was rod thorn as his going away present

and again you choose to ignore a quality supporting cast that I previously listed

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:40 PM
speak english please?

Put the crack pipe down and pick up a book. You can't read apparently not a big shocker there should've stayed in school instead of taking that job at McDonald's.

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM

Congratulations.

This

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Put the crack pipe down and pick up a book. You can't read apparently not a big shocker there should've stayed in school instead of taking that job at McDonald's.

"And IF Brooklyn this and if that something you Nets fans all have plenty of is excuses FACT."

tell me how this is proper english

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 04:42 PM
was that billy king? no it was rod thorn as his going away present

and again you choose to ignore a quality supporting cast that I previously listed

like i said, you can go away any time you like.

luis scola is better than everyone on the nets. as is kyle lowry. patrick patterson is a better prospect than anyone on the nets. marcus camby is a better bench player than anyone on the nets. and gerald green? LOL

the irony is that i couldnt care less where he lands. its just fun toying with rage posters

RLundi
06-26-2012, 04:43 PM
domefavors is the only person that is truely cocky... and most nets fans cant stand him

I feel me and waveycrockett actually have good posts where we can speak objectively but we get taunted by knicks fans on a regular basis... if you choose to ignore that then thats fine

A quote from another user that demonstrates how a lot of posters on PSD feel about Nets fans:

Do you truly not realize why there is hate for the Nets? It's because half the fanbase (I'm not necessarily calling you out) acts as if Dwight is already on the Nets. The Nets doint acquire Dwight, then half the fanbase leaves the forum until the next Nets rumor surfaces. Again, I'm not saying your one of those fans, you dont seem to be, but the reason Nets fans catch a lot of flack isnt really random at all.

You've all literally brought this upon yourselves.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
like i said, you can go away any time you like.

luis scola is better than everyone on the nets. as is kyle lowry. patrick patterson is a better prospect than anyone on the nets. marcus camby is a better bench player than anyone on the nets. and gerald green? LOL

the irony is that i couldnt care less where he lands. its just fun toying with rage posters

trolls can be trolls

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Guess you'll always have Jay Z no matter what lmfao. Too bad it doesn't count for much on the court where games are decided. The thing is I feel pity for the Nets fans but it doesn't excuse ignorance in any way and most of you are taking your frustrations out on others instead of the franchise where it should be directed and that's unfortunate. But your fate was decided the moment Lebron went to Miami and not Howard or Dwill will ever change that.

Hoopin&Swoopin
06-26-2012, 04:48 PM

I respectfully disagree with the point that you are being objective. For example, saying that the east has nobody to contend other than the Heat and Pacers is just plain foolish.

I think if you look at this objectively you can say that both Houston and Brooklyn provide solid oppurtunties for Dwight and Deron but neither one is CLEARLY superior to the other.

If you want people to see you as an objective fan, it would be wise to not take cheap shots at other franchises and realize that not everyone hates the Nets. In addition, just don't respond to people who are clearly trying to fight with you.

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 04:49 PM
trolls can be trolls

Irony at its finest

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
A quote from another user that demonstrates how a lot of posters on PSD feel about Nets fans:

You've all literally brought this upon yourselves.

honestly I dont care what people think about nets fans, its an internet forum.. I just come here to have solid discussions but half the time I get trolled, hated on (because everybody hates the nets).... you dont know what nets fans go through on here, again you may think its cockiness but most of the time its self defense from attacks from other posters

and I really dont know how you can classify all nets fans into 1 discriminating group based on a few fans that people may hate... its quite ridiculous if you ask me

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:51 PM
"And IF Brooklyn this and if that something you Nets fans all have plenty of is excuses FACT."

tell me how this is proper english

Ask someone (if) you know anyone with an education to explain English to you I didn't think you were an uneducated immigrant until now. I don't get paid to teach you so seek help elsewhere. Pretty sad that you changed the topic from your teams woes to sentence structure if which you can't understand.

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 04:51 PM
trolls can be trolls

care to refute that? you can have brook lopez and gerald wallace. ill take scola and lowry.

honestly. you've outed yourself as a complete fool. you assumed i was a knicks fan. you will not convince me the sky is blue much less that you know what you are talking about.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:52 PM
I respectfully disagree with the point that you are being objective. For example, saying that the east has nobody to contend other than the Heat and Pacers is just plain foolish.

I think if you look at this objectively you can say that both Houston and Brooklyn provide solid oppurtunties for Dwight and Deron but neither one is CLEARLY superior to the other.

If you want people to see you as an objective fan, it would be wise to not take cheap shots at other franchises and realize that not everyone hates the Nets. In addition, just don't respond to people who are clearly trying to fight with you.

tell me based on current rosters (excluding the bulls because of the rose injury) what team can beat the heat in a 7 game series in the playoffs

NOBODY

and the same can go for the thunder in the west for that matter

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
care to refute that? you can have brook lopez and gerald wallace. ill take scola and lowry.

honestly. you've outed yourself as a complete fool. you assumed i was a knicks fan. you will not convince me the sky is blue much less that you know what you are talking about.

scola is solid but hes not better than brook lopez... and lowry isnt even the starter on houston lol

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2012, 04:54 PM
and Wallace was an all star 2 years ago and 1st team all D

Key word 2 YEARS AGO...

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 04:55 PM
scola is solid but hes not better than brook lopez... and lowry isnt even the starter on houston lol

jesus. :facepalm: thanks for the laughs man.

yaswaggin
06-26-2012, 04:55 PM

Umm he got injured but Lowry is a top 12 pg when healthy

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
honestly I dont care what people think about nets fans, its an internet forum.. I just come here to have solid discussions but half the time I get trolled, hated on (because everybody hates the nets).... you dont know what nets fans go through on here, again you may think its cockiness but most of the time its self defense from attacks from other posters

and I really dont know how you can classify all nets fans into 1 discriminating group based on a few fans that people may hate... its quite ridiculous if you ask me

Based only on this thread I'd say the hate the Nets fans receive is brought upon yourselves and is warranted. The insults were thrown my way first by a Nets fan so if y'all can't take it don't dish it. I've honestly never had a problem with the Nets or the fans before now but I see why you get no respect.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Umm he got injured but Lowry is a top 12 pg when healthy

dragic is much better

yaswaggin
06-26-2012, 04:57 PM
I see Houston trading for Iggy too

PG: Deron
SG: Lee
SF: Iggy
Pf: scola
C: Dwight

:drool:

jmcelligott92
06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I'd rather play in Houston then play for the god forsaken Nets, if they trade for Dwight who will be left?

Hoopin&Swoopin
tell me based on current rosters (excluding the bulls because of the rose injury) what team can beat the heat in a 7 game series in the playoffs

NOBODY

and the same can go for the thunder in the west for that matter

Obviously the Heat and Thunder will be favored for the forseebale future, but to say NOBODY has a chance is a bit ridiculous. Teams develop and sometimes teams get hot (2011 Mavs). Who would have said that the Bulls would make a run like they did last year. They developed chemistry and turned into an elite NBA ball club. This is why they play the games, because if not we would just annoint the Heat and Thunder EC and WC champions for the next 5 years.

RLundi

A few bad apples have spoiled the bunch, just how it is.

It's a shame, cause there are great Nets fans like netsyankeesgiants or Robbie but like I said, you, WaveyCrockett, DoMeFavors and ChillWill are infamous.

If you get Dwight, act however you want. But until then, I'd just like to admonish the four of you to please shut the hell up with all this nonsense.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Based only on this thread I'd say the hate the Nets fans receive is brought upon yourselves and is warranted. The insults were thrown my way first by a Nets fan so if y'all can't take it don't dish it. I've honestly never had a problem with the Nets or the fans before now but I see why you get no respect.

Houston fans : dwill and dwight have a much better shot at doing anything rather then being in brooklyn

Nets fans: post after post defending and educating people on what we have to offer because its always overlooked....

people on here are waiting for the opportunity for a new rumor of anything other than brooklyn for dwight or dwill

and its the truth

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 05:02 PM
A few bad apples have spoiled the bunch, just how it is.

It's a shame, cause there are great Nets fans like netsyankeesgiants or Robbie but like I said, you, WaveyCrockett, DoMeFavors and ChillWill are infamous.

If you get Dwight, act however you want. But until then, I'd just like to admonish the four of you to please shut the hell up with all this nonsense.

if facts are nonsense that you are misguided

90% of my posts are factual

its not my problem if you cant handle the truth

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 05:06 PM
dragic is much better

Lowry outplayed Dwill for most of the year last year check the stats if you don't think so. Dragic is good but he's not a better player than Klow especially on the defensive end. Before Klow went down Kmart also went down when you lose a top PG and a top 10 scorer in the most crucial part of the year with no stars around chances are you miss the playoffs just how it goes. Bit a good rule of thumb is if you don't know wtf you're talking about don't look foolish by making ignorant comments.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Lowry outplayed Dwill for most of the year last year check the stats if you don't think so. Dragic is good but he's not a better player than Klow especially on the defensive end. Before Klow went down Kmart also went down when you lose a top PG and a top 10 scorer in the most crucial part of the year with no stars around chances are you miss the playoffs just how it goes. Bit a good rule of thumb is if you don't know wtf you're talking about don't look foolish by making ignorant comments.

fact

dragic took over the starting PG spot.... hence why lowry wants out

fact

the probleem wasnt the middle of the season it was the end when you were completely healthy and completely blew it

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 05:20 PM

and this is just down right stupid

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 05:24 PM
fact

dragic took over the starting PG spot.... hence why lowry wants out

fact

the probleem wasnt the middle of the season it was the end when you were completely healthy and completely blew it

You're wrong on both accounts again. Lowry wants out because of Mchale not Dragic FACT look it up it's on psd.

I already said a few posts back the Rockets went down at the END of the year when they lost Kmart and Klow are you just not reading before you post? You failed yourself posting your opinion vs facts like Klows spat with Mchale which is why he's being traded.

It's facts man we have assets and flexibility the Nets don't that's not an opinion it's the truth. And if you truly feel the need to defend yourself or franchise to strangers on a forum I fear you have some deep seeded issues that are unresolved. IF anything Houston is always overlooked not Brooklyn even though we're bigger than Dallas and San Antonio we're overlooked and that's alright.

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 05:24 PM

take away names and look at the numbers. it's dead accurate.

and lowry GOT HURT.

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
take away names and look at the numbers. it's dead accurate.

and lowry GOT HURT.

dwill averaged 21 and 8.7

lowry averaged 14.3 and 6.6

its not even close bro... you can stop hating also

thekmp211
06-26-2012, 05:29 PM
dwill averaged 21 and 8.7

lowry averaged 14.3 and 6.6

its not even close bro... you can stop hating also

how hard does one try to be so thick? lol. hating. okay. you're right though i said no more so really this time, no more.

enjoy summer vacation, go to camp or something it's more fun than this

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 05:32 PM

Okay now you're just being a homer straight up Klow was a top 3 PG before going down. He was more productive than Dwill most of the year numbers don't lie even if you do. Why even talk $h!t about the Rockets missing the playoffs when the Nets have been probably the worst NBA franchise in the last 20 years also a FACT. You don't even have an argument against that only poor excuses and reasoning it behooves you to keep your mouth shut talking trash about other peoples teams when yours is much much worse.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 05:35 PM
lmao at the people who think Lowry is better than DWILL. Pure comedy

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 05:36 PM
how hard does one try to be so thick? lol. hating. okay. you're right though i said no more so really this time, no more.

enjoy summer vacation, go to camp or something it's more fun than this

I like the way you turned the other cheek there lol this guy doesn't know or understand what we're talking about so I think I'll let him be too. Arguing with someone so lost is futile ya can't fix stupid.

Wolfman01
06-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Wow this is very interesting. If the Rockets are able to make a trade for Dwight Howard I'm sure Deron Williams will strongly consider the Rockets over the Mavericks. Heard the Rockets are trying to get a top 10 pick by trading all 3 of their 1st round pick or some picks and players for a top 10 pick. Along that they will likely package a top 10 pick which they will try to acquire with Kevin Martin, Chandler Parson, Kyle Lowry, and Patrick Patterson for Dwight Howard. Cash, draft picks, and player fillers will also be included if necessary. On top of things the Rockets have a pretty good chance of landing Diwght Howard if they are able to trade for a top 10 pick. Rockets can try to trade Luis Scola and all 3 of their 1st round pick to get a top 10 pick.

jimm120
06-26-2012, 05:53 PM
:laugh2:

Okay.

lol. True.

Its like how Melo was a god and he wanted him on the Nets...then when he went to the Knicks he changed his attitude to "I really didn't want him. If we got him, ok, but still, Melo has so many flaws that I'm glad we didn't get him".

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
lol. True.

Its like how Melo was a god and he wanted him on the Nets...then when he went to the Knicks he changed his attitude to "I really didn't want him. If we got him, ok, but still, Melo has so many flaws that I'm glad we didn't get him".

a lot of net fans didnt really want melo so you really have no idea what you're talking about

melo is a good player but the price they were asking was purely ridiculous and you guys should know that because you caved in and now denver is better than the knicks... gj on that trade

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 07:19 PM
I like the way you turned the other cheek there lol this guy doesn't know or understand what we're talking about so I think I'll let him be too. Arguing with someone so lost is futile ya can't fix stupid.

thats funny because I think the same way about you guys

trying to argue that lowry was a top 3 pg before he got hurt? :facepalm:

SlimKid
06-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Amazing how people underrate Lowry's game.. Best perimeter defending pg in the game, but that doesn't show up in the box score so it doesn't matter to the espn driven youngsters..

NBA-GMaster
06-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Not again.. :facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
06-26-2012, 08:47 PM
The Rockets are trying to do what the Lakers tried to do last year.

NBA-GMaster
06-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Im ok with trading up in the draft but trade those picks for Dwight?? SMH!!
If they convince the Portland to trade 6th pick for Lowry or Kings accepts the proposal of Evans-Lowry trade.. draft Andre Drummond!! Its better than renting a one year rental allstar.. with a big cap space they could sign more good players than those 2 max contract allstar players..

rockets-fan
06-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Honestly, the whole city bashing by Nets fans needs to stop. Yes its true reports say Dwill and Dwight howard do not want to come here. But to say "NOBODY" is an insult. If Dwight really thought about how much money he could make here in houston I think his opinion would change. Houston basically has China as a fanbase because of Yao and any star that comes here is going to make HUGE bucks off of them.

Now i know he would problably make HUGE bucks in Bk, I mean come on its BK. But at least he isnt getting traded to like a small market with no chance of signing a good supporting cast around him.

If he bolts next summer oh well, The rockets made a play and now they can start to rebuild this team through the draft like the Thunder did. I think its a win win for Houston. I originally hated the idea of this trade but im liking it more and more.

At the end of the day we cant control what these players do so lets just chill sit back and enjoy the show on thursday and during Free agency because either way its going to be fun to watch. Lets not get caught up in what these reporters report. We all know how accurate they are.

brandt
06-27-2012, 12:47 AM

Nobody wants to be in Houston? What do you know? Not only is there plenty to do there in the 4th largest city in the U.S., but the Rockets have a lot of money to spend on free agency AND have 3 first round picks. So they have a ton of options.

BigCityofDreams
06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
a lot of net fans didnt really want melo so you really have no idea what you're talking about

melo is a good player but the price they were asking was purely ridiculous and you guys should know that because you caved in and now denver is better than the knicks... gj on that trade

That's not true. There were a a number of fans that didn't want him but most of the fan base wanted Melo on the Nets.

BSardogan
06-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Im ok with trading up in the draft but trade those picks for Dwight?? SMH!!
If they convince the Portland to trade 6th pick for Lowry or Kings accepts the proposal of Evans-Lowry trade.. draft Andre Drummond!! Its better than renting a one year rental allstar.. with a big cap space they could sign more good players than those 2 max contract allstar players..

You've been saying this for quite a long time and I've always agreed with you on this. Once you get hold of 1, maybe even 2 top ten picks and you have a chance at getting Drummond and others studs, why not just take it? I'm honestly not certain if I'd be willing to blow this team and potentially 3 or 4 good picks for a one year rental.

Everyone keeps saying it's a win win because we get to rebuild if Dwight leaves anyways, without overthinking other options. How is it not the perfect opportunity to start rebuilding NOW, when you have 3 top 20 picks in a draft that is claimed to be really deep, along with the opportunity to acquire one or two more lottery picks.

Trade away everyone, including K-Mart, Scola, Lowry and start from scratch with Dragic, Lamb, Parsons, Moultrie, Drummond. That team could very well be the new OKC, while you still have enough capspace to sign the whole FA class of 2012.

I'd take that over a team of Dragic, Lee, Parsons, Scola and Dwight (who walks away after a year) and leaves us with a crappy core, yet still no chance at drafting bottom 5 because the team is still too decent to suck a lá Charlotte. Then you start a cycle of waiting to arrive a superstar through FA or the 14th pick in the draft all over again.

drobe86
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Amazing how people underrate Lowry's game.. Best perimeter defending pg in the game, but that doesn't show up in the box score so it doesn't matter to the espn driven youngsters..

I hear you, but Lowry isn't a special player. He doesnt change the game in any way. He's a fringe starter, nothing more nothing less. I think you're overrating him honestly.

SouthSideRookie
06-27-2012, 10:56 AM
I hear you, but Lowry isn't a special player. He doesnt change the game in any way. He's a fringe starter, nothing more nothing less. I think you're overrating him honestly.

:facepalm:

Htownballa1622
06-27-2012, 10:59 AM

He doesn't change the game in any way?

No he's not flashy or dunks but hes a top PG defender and he's also pretty good on offense.

I swear you've probably never watched him play an entire game.
If you had, you wouldn't make asinine comments like this.