PDA

View Full Version : Celtics to receive Thunder's 2013 2nd rd pick after complaint about Jeff Green trade

Carey
06-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Oklahoma City will send Boston a 2013 second-round pick that it owns from Charlotte, a source said.

Per Adam Woj's twitter, sucks for us but that 2nd round will be from Charlotte so its should be a very high 2nd

Baller1
06-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Complaint?

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Complaint?

heart condition probably

IndyRealist
06-26-2012, 12:30 PM
So, Boston is saying that OKC knew about Green's heart condition and didn't disclose it?

Carey
06-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Complaint?

Probably something the Thunder missed or failed to report in the trade in regards to his heart condition. Sucks for us because that a nice pick to have.

Vincent33
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Hello, pick #31 in 2013!

StarvingKnick22
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
they should get fined for this

Baller1
06-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Probably something the Thunder missed or failed to report in the trade in regards to his heart condition. Sucks for us because that a nice pick to have.

That's kinda ****ing stupid if you ask me... A year and a half later and now you want to complain about the trade? That's pretty unfair.

Carey
06-26-2012, 12:40 PM

Lol! you dont even know the details, none of us do

NickyNick
06-26-2012, 12:41 PM

well they are losing a pick now anyways, I think thats enough

mvb815
06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
do the celtics ever stop *****ing?

NickyNick
06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
That's kinda ****ing stupid if you ask me... A year and a half later and now you want to complain about the trade? That's pretty unfair.

it takes time to do a thorough investigation to see if we was correctly checked out by the doctors prior to the trade…and the season just ended…

Baller1
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
it takes time to do a thorough investigation to see if we was correctly checked out by the doctors prior to the trade…and the season just ended…

I guess... But damn, that sucks.

lvblay3
06-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I guess... But damn, that sucks.

I think it is complete BUSH league... Boston doctors did a physical and and accepted the trade.

Carey
06-26-2012, 12:53 PM

I guess if they did miss or didnt disclose something they have to be punished for it. However Boston was actually the team that drafted Jeff Green you would think they reviewed his medical history if nothing more then the chance that if the trade hit a snag he'd be a Celtic. At the end of the day it goes back to the first sentence, if the Thunder missed something there should be consequences.

Carey
06-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I think it is complete BUSH league... Boston doctors did a physical and and accepted the trade.

Forgot all about the physical the Celtics had to do to accept the trade...probably should have been a bit more detailed in it.

NYMetros
06-26-2012, 01:11 PM

LOL you think the first time the Celtics complained about this was today? :laugh2:

I guess if they did miss or didnt disclose something they have to be punished for it. However Boston was actually the team that drafted Jeff Green you would think they reviewed his medical history if nothing more then the chance that if the trade hit a snag he'd be a Celtic. At the end of the day it goes back to the first sentence, if the Thunder missed something there should be consequences.

Technically we drafted Jeff Green just like we technically drafted Marshon Brooks last year, we had no intention of ever keeping him though...

Pretty bush league move by the Thunder to trade someone they know has major heart problems and not tell the other team. What if the Celtics never discovered it? Could have been MUCH worse for Jeff Green.

avrpatsfan
06-26-2012, 01:19 PM
This is very un-detailed. Did the Thunder willingly give the Celtics the pick? Did Stern issue the pick to the Celtics?

Carey
06-26-2012, 01:29 PM
LOL you think the first time the Celtics complained about this was today? :laugh2:

Technically we drafted Jeff Green just like we technically drafted Marshon Brooks last year, we had no intention of ever keeping him though...

Pretty bush league move by the Thunder to trade someone they know has major heart problems and not tell the other team. What if the Celtics never discovered it? Could have been MUCH worse for Jeff Green.

Your assuming things nobody has anyway of knowing from a details standpoint...

My point was your team drafted him, which means if the Ray Allen trade hit a snag then Jeff Green would have remained with the Celtics. For that reason alone wouldnt you expect someone in the organization to do their due diligence on his medical history.

The 2nd point made by another poster, when the trade was made at the deadline last year physicals have to be passed before its made official. Sounds like another golden opportunity to do your due dilligence.

Im not saying the Thunder arent somehow at fault, im also not gonna put this all on them. It would be irresponsible for me to do either.

Carey
06-26-2012, 01:30 PM
This is very un-detailed. Did the Thunder willingly give the Celtics the pick? Did Stern issue the pick to the Celtics?

The Celtics filed a complaint to the league, doesnt say when but the league ruled the Thunder would have to give up the pick.