PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Offer Lowry, 14th, 16th Picks To Kings For Evans, 5th Selection

cyph34
06-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Kings pondering offer

Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress

Giannis94
06-26-2012, 11:35 AM
dam!This drat is deep but I dont know if its worth it....

justinnum1
06-26-2012, 11:37 AM
amick
Make that two involved sources refuting that offer of Houston's No. 14 and No. 16 and Kyle Lowry for Sacramento's No. 5 and Tyreke Evans.

EDUTEXANS
06-26-2012, 11:38 AM
I really hope we flip Tyreke to Orlando, if not I don't why we would do something like this

SportsNY
06-26-2012, 11:40 AM
The Rockets REALLY want Dwight Howard.

fadedmario
06-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Don't see how this will help the Kings at all. They give up a former ROY and a Top 5 pick in a good draft for two mid round picks and Lowry.

Chronz
06-26-2012, 11:42 AM
I thought it was just for Evans, now its looking decent.

KingsMadness44
06-26-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't see us giving up a top 5 pick AND Evans but if MKG is off the board i am willing to do that trade maybe even get Kevin Martin to come back to Sac.

I Rock Shaqs
06-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DR_1
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Do it! Dwight to Houston FTW!

Avenged
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Don't get it for the Kings..

StarvingKnick22
06-26-2012, 12:03 PM
no horrible trade

RaJAxTWa
06-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Don't get it for the Kings..

kings are in desperate need for a point guard and in this years draft two picks are better than one

Lucky.
06-26-2012, 12:10 PM
kings are in desperate need for a point guard and in this years draft two picks are better than one

They have Thomas at point.

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 12:14 PM
This is interesting, but it leaves big time holes in the Kings rotation.

Then again the idea of GP having two mid first round picks in the draft is also very intriguing :speechless:

I think the Kings would instantly agree if Dalembert for Salmons (who is a horrible player on a horrible contract) was a part of the deal.

ManRam
06-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Lowry > Evans, especially on that team. He's a real PG, who can do everything including defend at a above average level.

But that 5th pick probably is the deal breaker...

superwill
06-26-2012, 12:22 PM
I was had the radio on here in houston and they said reports were that the kings said no thats not happening

KingsMadness44
06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm a Kings fan and here is the only way I would do this trade if i were the GM

#1 Take Tyreke off the table because the #5 pick is plenty to offer for what they would be getting in return.

#2 If MKG and Barnes are both off the board then I think we should take the offer. The reason why is because i think we could get some great Value at those spots in the draft and because our starting PG right now is Isiah Thomas, who although is not bad BUT he is extremely undersized and not a long term answer. And Lowry is a GOOD PG.

#3 The one thing i hate about drafts in any sport is that people seem to think they know exactly how these players are going to pan out. Sure a lot of times the top picks are very good but there have also been quite a few great players go in the mid-late picks that end up being very good as well. Nothing is for sure, all we can do is assume how a player will pan out.

aussie
06-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm gonna say take it Kings

This is an upgrade at PG and Tyreke hasn't really done a lot since his rookie year, you guys have Marcus who I use to love!!! But I think this would be a nice trade for you

Tyreke+Scola+5+18 should land the Rockets Dwight+Hedo

CB29
06-26-2012, 12:32 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want lowry on the raps

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I think they can trade Lowry for a top 7 pick. then flip the 14th 16th and 18th or two of the 3 for a top 10.

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
I want no part of this whatsoever. We don't need Lowry THAT badly. Isaiah Thomas is fine and is just entering his second year. If it was just the 5th or just Tyreke, fine. But both is just insane imo. We lose a good player at #5 and we lose the former ROY for a pretty good PG and mid-round picks. That's terrible.

I don't care what other people think - if you surround Tyreke with even just 2 or 3 people who can shoot just to keep defenses honest, he will be back to his rookie year production. I am not ready to give up on him just because we have a team where nobody can shoot.

THE_FLASH_21
06-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Man its such a hard choice.. looks good for Houston if they can flip the 5th, TE, and maybe another pick or player for Dwight Howard (Assuming he is resigned). But look how bad it could be if he leaves.... To big of a risk.

Sac-town: needs more for this trade to go through!

D1JM
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
why would the kings do this? they can get barnes at 5 and have a nice young tandem of thomas -thornton - barnes - pf -cousins with evans coming off the bench or dealing him for an upcoming pf.

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 12:50 PM
why would the kings do this? they can get barnes at 5 and have a nice young tandem of thomas -thornton - barnes - pf -cousins with evans coming off the bench or dealing him for an upcoming pf.

Exactly. There is no reason we should do this trade at all.

IndyRealist
06-26-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm a Kings fan and here is the only way I would do this trade if i were the GM

#1 Take Tyreke off the table because the #5 pick is plenty to offer for what they would be getting in return.

#2 If MKG and Barnes are both off the board then I think we should take the offer. The reason why is because i think we could get some great Value at those spots in the draft and because our starting PG right now is Isiah Thomas, who although is not bad BUT he is extremely undersized and not a long term answer. And Lowry is a GOOD PG.

#3 The one thing i hate about drafts in any sport is that people seem to think they know exactly how these players are going to pan out. Sure a lot of times the top picks are very good but there have also been quite a few great players go in the mid-late picks that end up being very good as well. Nothing is for sure, all we can do is assume how a player will pan out.

#3 contradicts #1. Quality, proven performers are more valuable than draft picks, especially if you're unsure of your GM's evaluation skills. Before Lowry went down with an infection, he was considered a breakout player this year, a triple-double threat that plays killer defense. He's everything that Tyreke Evans SHOULD be, but isn't.

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Lowry & Dalembert + 14th 16th 18th (recently acquired from the Wolves)

for

Tyreke Evans & John Salmons + 5th

I think the Kings would have to do this, but that would likely be too much for the Rockets to give up

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 12:53 PM
would the Kings take on (Ed Davis+Derozan)or(Bargnani) + #8 for Evans + #5 + fillers

just asking

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 12:57 PM
would the Kings take on (Ed Davis+Derozan)or(Bargnani) + #8 for Evans + #5 + fillers

just asking

I don't think so, but maybe for Bargs. Bargnani isn't the kind of player we need to pair with Cousins, but he would bring a shooting threat we just don't have. Derozan I think has pretty much the same problems as Tyreke, so I don't think trading back to get him and give up Tyreke makes sense.

Badluck33
06-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Houston should go after drummond with the 5th not howard.

C-Style
06-26-2012, 01:00 PM
With no Lowry or Evans, what are the Rockets gonna offer Magic? Just the 5th pick?

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM

just asking

A deal could happen for the 5th and 8th pick to be swapped but the raptors don't have the pieces to get Tyreke AND move up 3 spots.

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't think so, but maybe for Bargs. Bargnani isn't the kind of player we need to pair with Cousins, but he would bring a shooting threat we just don't have. Derozan I think has pretty much the same problems as Tyreke, so I don't think trading back to get him and give up Tyreke makes sense.

I think it would work out for both teams

Bargs+8th for Tyreke+5th

Sac would probably replace Tyreke with Lamb (#8 and is a shooter)

Tor would replace Bargs with Drummond (#5 and is a traditional PF)

but then again, I think Bargs plus our 2nd rounders could be enough just for the Evans and 5th as Evan's value is at its lowest right now.

Rivera
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
damn has tyreke stock dropped that far off? do people really hate him that much?

i think hes a better player than lowry personally, but for some reason psd cant stand him and now looks like the kings want to get rid of him

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
A deal could happen for the 5th and 8th pick to be swapped but the raptors don't have the pieces to get Tyreke AND move up 3 spots.

could be a place where we could just swap Derozan +8th for Evans and #5... change of scenery for both players (as both regressed last year)

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Bargs+8th for Tyreke+5th

but then again, I think Bargs plus our 2nd rounders could be enough just for the Evans and 5th as Evan's value is at its lowest right now.

Absolutely zero chance that this happens.

could be a place where we could just swap Derozan +8th for Evans and #5... change of scenery for both players (as both regressed last year)

That would be a terrible trade for us given the drop off in talent from #5 to #8 (and that Tyreke has shown more in the past than Derozan ever has).

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 01:08 PM

for

I think the Kings would have to do this, but that would likely be too much for the Rockets to give up

You are on CRACK if you truly believe that Houston would give up ALL of that for that return ain't happening. Tyreke has underperformed and ain't happy in Sac anyway but to think you'd get all 3 first rounders AND Lowry you must be high.

And it's been known they are shooting for two top 10 picks so the idea of giving you all 3 for your 5+Evans and you want Dalembert back too lmfao no no no. See how it works is our GM Morey takes advantage of your GM not the other way around buddy.

SACNYY
06-26-2012, 01:10 PM
No Kings no. Horrible trade.

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 01:10 PM
damn has tyreke stock dropped that far off? do people really hate him that much?

i think hes a better player than lowry personally, but for some reason psd cant stand him and now looks like the kings want to get rid of him

His stock hasn't dropped off for me at least. Some people on here just don't watch him and evaluate him with consideration of the situation he's playing in. He is elite at getting to the rim and finishing. Unfortunately, everyone knows that and just crowds the paint. Then we have no one who can shoot to punish them for doing so. If we had some better shooters, his stock would still be high.

jetsfan28
06-26-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't think Orlando will end up trading Dwight to Houston. However, maybe Deron Williams would be enticed by Smoove in Houston?

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 01:14 PM

Bargs+8th for Tyreke+5th

Not a chance, why would the Kings deal him when his stock is at an "all time low" + a 5th pick that could very well be much better than Bargs :eyebrow:

LakersA's49ers
why does houston want dwight. he'll be a one and done guy

JLynn943
You are on CRACK if you truly believe that Houston would give up ALL of that for that return ain't happening. Tyreke has underperformed and ain't happy in Sac anyway but to think you'd get all 3 first rounders AND Lowry you must be high.

And it's been known they are shooting for two top 10 picks so the idea of giving you all 3 for your 5+Evans and you want Dalembert back too lmfao no no no. See how it works is our GM Morey takes advantage of your GM not the other way around buddy.

lol, good luck with that. You guys are just loving Kevin Martin right now, aren't you?

And since when is Tyreke unhappy in Sac? He's not said that at all. But I guess since you said so and think that it must be true :rolleyes:

D1JM
06-26-2012, 01:15 PM

he regressed because he was playing SF a lot. why the **** was he playing SF? who the ****s knows.

DRose7
06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
nahhh, has to be 14th, 16th, and 18th plus lowry,for this to be a doable trade

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Not a chance, why would the Kings deal him when his stock is at an "all time low" + a 5th pick that could very well be much better than Bargs :eyebrow:

if the trade rumour for Lowry for Evans, there could be a grain of truth that Sac is trying to move him...

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 01:17 PM
if the trade rumour for Lowry for Evans, there could be a grain of truth that Sac is trying to move him...

Listening to offers =/= Trying to move him

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 01:19 PM

lol did you miss the part where I said it was too much for the Rockets to give up you half-wit? Before you go along and making accusations of someone being high realize I was just stating what it would take for the kings have to agree.

And seeing as how we already turned down Lowry 14 & 16 I don't think adding 18th is that much of a stretch.

DRose7
06-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Honestly, even though its a deep draft, its worth the risk for Houston. All the tradeable players they have are very expandable, and can't see them there for very long anyway. Plus unproven draft picks. Very risky, but maybe houston got some hoes that can whip Dwight into staying aha. If Houston is able to take him to the WCF, I'll see him staying. The West is pretty open

Htownballa1622
lol, good luck with that. You guys are just loving Kevin Martin right now, aren't you?

And since when is Tyreke unhappy in Sac? He's not said that at all. But I guess since you said so and think that it must be true :rolleyes:

lol. kevin martin has been fine up until last year.

how's carl landry working for you?

thornton...right...

TEXASTITAN

The Kings want Evans at SF and he's not happy do your own research don't be lazy kid. Kmart>Evans the last 2 years so keep laughing it makes you look ignorant nobody wants to play in Sac for that matter Cousins wanted out not too long ago. Two first rounders + Lowry/Dalembert maybe but we wont be giving you 3 firsts and Lowry/Dalembert even if you threw Salmons in.

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 01:22 PM

Well my understanding is that the Rockets made the offer but the Kings said no, hence more implying that they want to keep evans rather than move him. But who knows they may just be waiting to see who is available come the 5th pick.

But anyways there hasn't been rumours about evans being unhappy but he did state he doesn't want to play SF anymore, not sure how much to read into that. :shrug:

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Listening to offers =/= Trying to move him

its true, i understand, but hey - what if they did move him for Lowry. Don't get me wrong

Tyreke is a good player, jack of all trades master of none. anyone is tradeable.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
lol did you miss the part where I said it was too much for the Rockets to give up you half-wit? Before you go along and making accusations of someone being high realize I was just stating what it would take for the kings have to agree.

And seeing as how we already turned down Lowry 14 & 16 I don't think adding 18th is that much of a stretch.

High or ignorant maybe both either way you're overvaluing Evans and his worth your team is in shambles buddy you need everything stop being a homer and get real.

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 01:26 PM
The Kings want Evans at SF and he's not happy do your own research don't be lazy kid. Kmart>Evans the last 2 years so keep laughing it makes you look ignorant nobody wants to play in Sac for that matter Cousins wanted out not too long ago. Two first rounders + Lowry/Dalembert maybe but we wont be giving you 3 firsts and Lowry/Dalembert even if you threw Salmons in.

Laughable, Kings don't want Tyreke at SF you idiot. They simply didn't have a starting calibre SF last year so he had to suffice. Kmart is a band-aid I'm glad we traded him because it lead to being in position to draft DMC and swing for Marcus Thornton who can surpass Kmart.

Make fun of nobody wanting to play in Sacramento while you can, It'd be mighty ironic if you didn't get anyone in FA this year, traded for Dwight and he walks next year

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 01:28 PM
High or ignorant maybe both either way you're overvaluing Evans and his worth your team is in shambles buddy you need everything stop being a homer and get real.

I'm not overvaluing Reke fool. My suggestion was based on the fact the Kings already said NO hence implying they wanted more. God you're dense.

+ for the record I myself said it was too much for Houston to give up so I don't know what your point in arguing with me is...

rapjuicer06
06-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Laughable, Kings don't want Tyreke at SF you idiot. They simply didn't have a starting calibre SF last year so he had to suffice. Kmart is a band-aid I'm glad we traded him because it lead to being in position to draft DMC and swing for Marcus Thornton who can surpass Kmart.

Make fun of nobody wanting to play in Sacramento while you can, It'd be mighty ironic if you didn't get anyone in FA this year, traded for Dwight and he walks next year

Then it'd force the Rockets to rebuild, which is what they need to do if they lose Howard. They are a middle of the pack team, they are going for it all. Its smart for them to do either way. Rebuild with high draft picks or make the team elite.

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 01:30 PM

This guy again :laugh2: Thinks Morey is the genius GM.

We don't care about your < or > analysis and your general opinion. Of course you mention Cousins leaving Because of course you don't know what you're talking about. Even as bad as Tyreke has been, he can do one thing that KMart will never do....and that is defend.

Keep spewing you....

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM

I'm not making fun of you and to the contrary you are making yourself look like you don't know wtf you're talking about. They do want him at SF he isn't happy. Kmart has been better that Evans and before this year in the top 10 in scoring so considering we raped your GM in that trade too getting him for Landry your hope of getting a big haul for Evans is unfounded and unrealistic. Well just give you bench backups for Evans like we did in the Martin deal and just be happy you got to deal with Morey it's been a pleasure.

futureman
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
This will blow up in Houston's face. Dwight waived his opt out clause to avoid going there. Next summer they will be assetless and Dwight will be gone.

This may top the Nets trade for Gerald Wallace for worst trade ever.

Badluck33
06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
This will blow up in Houston's face. Dwight waived his opt out clause to avoid going there. Next summer they will be assetless and Dwight will be gone.

I said this since it became public.

Houston GM should be fired if Howard leaves..

rapjuicer06
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM

Impossible to top that. If it weren't for that trade Dwight would be a Net right now.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
This guy again :laugh2: Thinks Morey is the genius GM.

We don't care about your < or > analysis and your general opinion. Of course you mention Cousins leaving Because of course you don't know what you're talking about. Even as bad as Tyreke has been, he can do one thing that KMart will never do....and that is defend.

Keep spewing you....

Your team is on the list of teams he's taken advantage of so keep talking dumb@$$. We got a top 10 scorer for Carl Landry from your team and GM. There's a reason were making moves toward top tier players and you scrubs are trying to defend trading Tyreke lol. Your GM voussoirs learn a lot from Daryl Morey actually we already did a lopsided deal once in our favor sure let's make a deal lol.

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm not making fun of you and to the contrary you are making yourself look like you don't know wtf you're talking about. They do want him at SF he isn't happy. Kmart has been better that Evans and before this year in the top 10 in scoring so considering we raped your GM in that trade too getting him for Landry your hope of getting a big haul for Evans is unfounded and unrealistic. Well just give you bench backups for Evans like we did in the Martin deal and just be happy you got to deal with Morey it's been a pleasure.

LOL and you call me a homer... Find me a link that has the coach stating that he wants Tyreke as the long term SF. Thats right you can't, because its not the case. It was a temporary fix because we have no respectable SF's. You honestly have no idea what your talking about, and don't know anything about the Kings.

Chronz
06-26-2012, 01:41 PM
I said this since it became public.

Houston GM should be fired if Howard leaves..

Why? Howard leaving would be better than having a team good enough to compete for the final playoff spot but not bad enough to net a good prospect.

Morey has proven the ability to find blue chippers late in the draft, so him acquiring a supporting cast isnt in question, what he needs is someone to build around. At least if Dwight leaves he has a decent shot at the lottery.

KingsMadness44
06-26-2012, 01:42 PM
#3 contradicts #1. Quality, proven performers are more valuable than draft picks, especially if you're unsure of your GM's evaluation skills. Before Lowry went down with an infection, he was considered a breakout player this year, a triple-double threat that plays killer defense. He's everything that Tyreke Evans SHOULD be, but isn't.

I don't think i contradicted either point to be honest. All i said was having both of those things in the deal would make it to much for the Kings to give up. And we are the ones that hold all the leverage in this deal so i just hope we wait

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 01:42 PM

Then we could FINALLY get approval to rebuild:eyebrow:

I'm sure if we got rid of Morey it would blow up in our face anyway. He's one of the best G.m's out there and IF we finally had to rebuild with lotto talent i'd want MOREY to be the one to start it.

BUT due to public opinion where 95% of fans don't know a clue about anything rather than watching games, he'd probably get fired.(DUMB move)

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
lol. kevin martin has been fine up until last year.

how's carl landry working for you?

thornton...right...

And where did that get you? Oh right, nowhere. It's arguable that Martin is better than Thornton at this point anyway.

lol, I can't research things that you're making up. We don't "want" him at SF, but that was where we needed him last year. Cousins, meanwhile, has said repeatedly that he wants to stay a King. And, again, what has K-Mart gotten you? He's helped you be a middle of the road team incapable of winning anything but not bad enough to get anybody good. And now his stock has plummeted.

The only player in this whole conversation that is unhappy and has said he wants to move, is your own player in Lowry. That knocks down his value to begin with.

M.Bibby2.0
06-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Your team is on the list of teams he's taken advantage of so keep talking dumb@$$. We got a top 10 scorer for Carl Landry from your team and GM. There's a reason were making moves toward top tier players and you scrubs are trying to defend trading Tyreke lol. Your GM voussoirs learn a lot from Daryl Morey actually we already did a lopsided deal once in our favor sure let's make a deal lol.

SO ignorant.... The maloofs (our owners) are going broke and didn't want to pay 10+mill for Kmart when we had a ROY who could play the same position. So we took on Carl for 3mill/year which lead to Marcus Thornton which all in all is a good return for Kmart.

Your genius GM is pursuing a player who wants nothing to do with Houston :laugh: your team will end up with no assets, a fired GM and wishing they held onto all those first round picks.

Chronz
06-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Sounds exactly like what Houston wants. A hard reset on a team that has been too competitive to land a good draft position but not good enough to be anything other than a .500 team. At worst they have 1 year with Dwight and can parlay him into a future asset via S&T.

How so?

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 01:46 PM

We ended up trading Landry for Marcus Thornton. Worked out pretty well for us. Yes, he can score, but that's it. Enjoy yourself Rudy Gay....oops...meant Shane Battier.

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 01:47 PM

Ignorance at its finest. I can't wait until Dwight walks and your genius GM leaves you with nothing. :)

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 01:48 PM
And where did that get you? Oh right, nowhere. It's arguable that Martin is better than Thornton at this point anyway.

lol, I can't research things that you're making up. We don't "want" him at SF, but that was where we needed him last year. Cousins, meanwhile, has said repeatedly that he wants to stay a King. And, again, what has K-Mart gotten you? He's helped you be a middle of the road team incapable of winning anything but not bad enough to get anybody good. And now his stock has plummeted.

The only player in this whole conversation that is unhappy and has said he wants to move, is your own player in Lowry. That knocks down his value to begin with.

it's actually got us to a place where we MIGHT take a shot at dwight or finally get to rebuild the right way.

i'm not going to even take a shot at the kings because I'm not trying to. It'll probably be a matter of time before reports come out that somethings going wrong with them again.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
LOL and you call me a homer... Find me a link that has the coach stating that he wants Tyreke as the long term SF. Thats right you can't, because its not the case. It was a temporary fix because we have no respectable SF's. You honestly have no idea what your talking about, and don't know anything about the Kings.

Putting words in my mouth I never said how long they wanted Evans at SF only that's where they wanted him which is true chec out rotoworld right now. Bottom line is we don't even want Evans except to add him as filler in a trade for Howard that speaks volumes about his worth doesn't it? Lowry does everything well which is why your team wanted him last year and still does performance outweighs potential Evans might be this or that but right now hes nothing but an underachiever.

Htownballa1622
We ended up trading Landry for Marcus Thornton. Worked out pretty well for us. Yes, he can score, but that's it. Enjoy yourself Rudy Gay....oops...meant Shane Battier.

and i'm sure you realize who made that move correct?

most likely. no:cool:

C_Mund

Not that I'd want to give up Bargs, but I think he and Boogie would be pretty much the perfect front court pair. Bargs plays more like a swing man but it would open up the lane for Cousins to play with his back to the basket. There's a reason that Orlando fans were one of the only teams that saw a lot of value in Andrea, because rebounding wouldn't be an issue and he gives space and time to the centre.

rapjuicer06
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Why? Howard leaving would be better than having a team good enough to compete for the final playoff spot but not bad enough to net a good prospect.

Morey has proven the ability to find blue chippers late in the draft, so him acquiring a supporting cast isnt in question, what he needs is someone to build around. At least if Dwight leaves he has a decent shot at the lottery.

Exactly

Sounds exactly like what Houston wants. A hard reset on a team that has been too competitive to land a good draft position but not good enough to be anything other than a .500 team. At worst they have 1 year with Dwight and can parlay him into a future asset via S&T.

How so?

Lets say Deron signs in Dallas and then the Nets are absolutly terrible. Dwight says he doesn't want to resign...at the deadline, the Rockets trade Dwight for Lopez and the potentially high Nets first round draft pick + whatever else....Then Houston starts the rebuild off right. Sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Either Houston becomes elite, or they start a rebuild with a young scoring center to pair with a young SF and a stock pile of young PF's and Dragic....

How are people saying this is bad for Houston again?

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
it's actually got us to a place where we MIGHT take a shot at dwight or finally get to rebuild the right way.

i'm not going to even take a shot at the kings because I'm not trying to. It'll probably be a matter of time before reports come out that somethings going wrong with them again.

One year of Dwight, and then no assets to build with (surely no high 1st round pick with the decent record Dwight will get you). It's strange that you guys are getting excited to be in worse-off position than the Kings in a year.

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Ignorance at its finest. I can't wait until Dwight walks and your genius GM leaves you with nothing. :)

Like I said at least we're not picking busts in the lotto every year and were actually trying to win now. If our GM had all those lotto picks of yours and ended up where you're at now he'd already be fired. It shows the low expectations of your fanbase and the people running your team.

b@llhog24
06-26-2012, 01:54 PM

for

Morey is the one who does the raping not the other way around.

just asking

Thomas
Derozan
Lamb
Davis
Cousins

:drool:

Potential doesn't equal better.

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 01:56 PM
and i'm sure you realize who made that move correct?

most likely. no:cool:

My fault...thought that was a Morey move.

Rivera
06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Potential doesn't equal better.

Where in my post did i say or mention the word "potential" ?????

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 01:58 PM
One year of Dwight, and then no assets to build with (surely no high 1st round pick with the decent record Dwight will get you). It's strange that you guys are getting excited to be in worse-off position than the Kings in a year.

nope. actually not excitement over having a worse record than the kings.

excitement for actually having a direction.

lets see the rockets tank, get good draft picks, and become more relevant than the kings ever could be. :)

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Like I said at least we're not picking busts in the lotto every year and were actually trying to win now. If our GM had all those lotto picks of yours and ended up where you're at now he'd already be fired. It shows the low expectations of your fanbase and the people running your team.

:eyebrow: Jimmer has been the only bust in recent years, and that was our owners' decision, not the GMs. Let me know when Morey finds a starting caliber PG at the end of the second round. Our team is only bad because our owners are broke and can't/won't try to compete via signing good free agents.

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Morey is the one who does the raping not the other way around.

Thomas
Derozan
Lamb
Davis
Cousins

and on the switch side- If we get Drummond at #5 and Tyreke, we would almost certainly get Nash. I wonder what the fire sale is like over in Atlanta? Klieza and Amir Johnson + 2nd rounders would be nice to get JSmooth ;) - everything on speculation of-course

Nash
Tyreke
JSmooth
Drummond
JVal

JLynn943
nope. actually not excitement over having a worse record than the kings.

excitement for actually having a direction.

lets see the rockets tank, get good draft picks, and become more relevant than the kings ever could be. :)

lol, good luck with that. We already have the best young center in the league. You won't even have a high pick until an entire season after Dwight is gone. Maybe you'll be relevant in 5 years.

Htownballa1622
:eyebrow: Jimmer has been the only bust in recent years, and that was our owners' decision, not the GMs. Let me know when Morey finds a starting caliber PG at the end of the second round. Our team is only bad because our owners are broke and can't/won't try to compete via signing good free agents.

we don't have to find a starting caliber pg at the end of the draft. we could just end up robbing another team.

rafer alston to kyle lowry.

brooks to goran dragic and a FIRST. haha.

TEXASTITAN
If we had all the lotto picks the Kings have squandered the past few years we'd already have Dwight via trade years ago. Morey's turning second round talent into first round picks and Kmart and you fools can't even hit on top 10's over there in Sac.

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 02:02 PM
lol, good luck with that. We already have the best young center in the league. You won't even have a high pick until an entire season after Dwight is gone. Maybe you'll be relevant in 5 years.

best young center...hmmm...ok we shall see how that works out.

in that 5 years, nothing will change. unless its your teams address?

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 02:02 PM

thats b/c his whole value is based on potential. he's a franchise type of player in recent memory in his rookie year. you don't have to say a word to really imply it. His value dropped off due to his play, but he still has value based on his potential

koetravis
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Seriously? Why are you guys talking crap about each others team? Just move on. Your derailing this thread.

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 02:07 PM
My fault...thought that was a Morey move.

its all good :)

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 02:07 PM

Love the EXCUSES keep the dream alive chump. Evans hadn't panned out or he wouldn't be in trade discussions Cousins either. Nobody wants to play there but I bet Cwebb would be open to a return mabye. You seem to pick and choose what parts of reality you want to believe but that doesn't make it real I feel for you man were talking Dwight Howard and you guys would be lucky to get Juwan Howard.

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
no crap talking. just responding. anyways. we shall see how it all pans out. :)

not trying to derail.

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
If we had all the lotto picks the Kings have squandered the past few years we'd already have Dwight via trade years ago. Morey's turning second round talent into first round picks and Kmart and you fools can't even hit on top 10's over there in Sac.

:eyebrow: Tyreke and Cousins are "squandered" picks?

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 02:10 PM
best young center...hmmm...ok we shall see how that works out.

in that 5 years, nothing will change. unless its your teams address?

We shall see I guess. I just know I'm happier in our situation than I would be in yours in a year. :)

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Love the EXCUSES keep the dream alive chump. Evans hadn't panned out or he wouldn't be in trade discussions Cousins either. Nobody wants to play there but I bet Cwebb would be open to a return mabye. You seem to pick and choose what parts of reality you want to believe but that doesn't make it real I feel for you man were talking Dwight Howard and you guys would be lucky to get Juwan Howard.

lol, you're ridiculous. You shouldn't speak about things you know nothing about. If Cousins isn't "panning out," I don't know what is to you.

edit: hooray triple post...

htownlegend
06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Morey is waiting to pounce..

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 02:19 PM
:eyebrow: Tyreke and Cousins are "squandered" picks?

Evans is an UNDERACHIEVER don't you F'Kn get it? Cousins hasn't reached his ceiling yet so yes. Free agents don't want to play there and the guys you draft have shown interest in leaving too why is that I wonder? This started bcs of your man crush on Evans but that doesn't mean he's valued by everyone else the way you do. Only reason Evans is even being discussed is because he'd be flipped as filler in another deal that's it he's no headliner in a trade and to be honest the 5 pick is more valued than Evans is st this point.

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 02:19 PM
We shall see I guess. I just know I'm happier in our situation than I would be in yours in a year. :)

And you have that right to formulate that opinion :)

Rivera
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
thats b/c his whole value is based on potential. he's a franchise type of player in recent memory in his rookie year. you don't have to say a word to really imply it. His value dropped off due to his play, but he still has value based on his potential

okay but i never said anything about potential like the previous poster implied

i said i think evans is a better player than lowry...thats my opinion

i never said anything about potential or a potential of this trade

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Evans is an UNDERACHIEVER don't you F'Kn get it? Cousins hasn't reached his ceiling yet so yes. Free agents don't want to play there and the guys you draft have shown interest in leaving too why is that I wonder? This started bcs of your man crush on Evans but that doesn't mean he's valued by everyone else the way you do. Only reason Evans is even being discussed is because he'd be flipped as filler in another deal that's it he's no headliner in a trade and to be honest the 5 pick is more valued than Evans is st this point.

I agree that Evans has underachieved. I just don't think he's been put in a position to succeed though. That's why I don't want to trade him. I think his market value is less than his value being on our team. Calling him a bust when players like Thabeet or Evan Turner are getting drafted ahead of Evans and Cousins and not performing nearly as well is just ridiculous in my opinion and the only way you could possibly think that is if you're being a homer.

And for the last time, neither Evans or Cousins wants to leave.

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 02:24 PM
And you have that right to formulate that opinion :)

It's ironic that lost in all of this is that I really like Houston and they're my second favorite team :laugh2:

TEXASTITAN
06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Keep all the excuses and ***** you overvalue and think you know we're on the way up and you guys are still looking for lotto gold more power to you. I envy our position opposed to the Kings right now and to keep the thread relevant I'll leave it at that. I've got other things holding my attention educating you isn't worth my time and my time isn't free.

KNICKS R BACK
06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
if i was the kings i would take that and run with it...tyreke sucks

Catfish1314
06-26-2012, 02:32 PM

I understand Evans underachieving. The rest of that is just you rambling about something.

There's too much talent in the lottery this year to trade the 5th pick. That's the way I look at it. But I know the front office has given consideration to giving up on Evans, which is stupid since he's not even 23 yet, but understandable since he has statistically regressed since his rookie season. This would save them the money he'll cost in the form of an extension, one at this point he may or may not be worth.

But as far as talent goes, I would hate this. One of Kidd-Gilchrist or Barnes is going to be there at #5 and they would provide us with the stability at the three position we haven't had in four or five years. Lowry is good but I don't know how much we need him. A perimeter rotation of Lowry, Thomas, Thornton, and I suppose Fredette would be the smallest in the league.

And I'd rather get one of MKG/Barnes at #5 than see us reach for a different wing in the middle of the first round.

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Keep all the excuses and ***** you overvalue and think you know we're on the way up and you guys are still looking for lotto gold more power to you. I envy our position opposed to the Kings right now and to keep the thread relevant I'll leave it at that. I've got other things holding my attention educating you isn't worth my time and my time isn't free.

It's okay, I don't value your "education" anyway. You'll be looking for that "lotto gold" in a year, too. That's what your team is looking for in a year after all (hence these trades).

It's weird that you'd try to trade for such a terrible player to entice Orlando to trade you Howard though :shrug:

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 02:37 PM
I agree that Evans has underachieved. I just don't think he's been put in a position to succeed though. That's why I don't want to trade him. I think his market value is less than his value being on our team. Calling him a bust when players like Thabeet or Evan Turner are getting drafted ahead of Evans and Cousins and not performing nearly as well is just ridiculous in my opinion and the only way you could possibly think that is if you're being a homer.

And for the last time, neither Evans or Cousins wants to leave.

thats why he should be traded There are no indications the Kings are going to surround him with players that can help him out so.... where do we go from there?

Catfish1314
06-26-2012, 02:39 PM
thats why he should be traded There are no indications the Kings are going to surround him with players that can help him out so.... where do we go from there?

It's his teammates' and management's fault he got plantar fasciitis in his sophomore season. It's his teammates' and management's fault the range and consistency on his jumpshot has gotten worse the last three years.

JLynn943
06-26-2012, 02:40 PM

I understand what you're saying. I'm not entirely opposed to trading him, but if his value around the league is as low as some of the posters on PSD think it is, there's no way we'd ever get a good result from a trade. He'd go somewhere else and succeed, and we'd look like fools for trading him.

DerekRE_3
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
They have Thomas at point.

Exactly. Thomas was very good last year. No way the Kings do that.

MiamiBoy77
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I like it for the kings. Draft Royce White and Arnett Moutrie

Kyle Lowry/ Isaiah Thomas
Marcus Thornton/ Jimmer
Royce White/ Terrence Williams
Arnett Moultrie/ Jason Thompson
Cousins

Jarvo
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Bad trade if it was for the players MAYBE, But don't do it.

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
It's his teammates' and management's fault he got plantar fasciitis in his sophomore season. It's his teammates' and management's fault the range and consistency on his jumpshot has gotten worse the last three years.

i don't know what you're trying to say... I was just making a point the other was saying where management isn't placing him in atmosphere for him to succeed.

and what you brought up, then its his fault he just sucks then :shrug:

Derozan and Ed Davis for Tyreke Evans +5th it is then!

Htownballa1622
06-26-2012, 03:47 PM
It's ironic that lost in all of this is that I really like Houston and they're my second favorite team :laugh2:

Lol.

LakersMaster24
06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
I would consider it if I was the Kings but wouldnt do it. I think you can get something better for Evans and that 5th pick.

Ship the 5th pick + Evans for Derozan + 8th pic + Davis ?

koreancabbage
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
I would consider it if I was the Kings but wouldnt do it. I think you can get something better for Evans and that 5th pick.

Ship the 5th pick + Evans for Derozan + 8th pic + Davis ?

As a Raptors fan, I would say yes.

Raps aren't going to get a fair deal for Ed Davis if he was traded (don't know his worth), 8th pick is NOT the 5th pick lol I think top 5, you have a good chance to get a more sure-fire player than at the 8th. and you get another young piece in Derozan - I personally don't like Derozan as our starting SG, so he can go.

5th pick (MKG, Beal, Barnes) would all help the Raptors

and only b/c we get a SG back in this deal to offset Derozan's departure.

We already have our front court set in Bargs and JVal, and now our wing players (Tyreke + 5th) and if we sign Nash or even just let Calderon play, i'm still happier with this lineup

NYYCowboys
06-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Rockets really have some balls. I like it. Even though they manage to rip off the Knicks time and time again.

b@llhog24
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM

You didn't, but there is no way that you can quantify that Tyreke is better than Lowry, and if you're going to make an argument for his intangibles vs Lowry's then you've already lost. What he does have is a higher ceiling considering his physical attributes and skill-set.

and on the switch side- If we get Drummond at #5 and Tyreke, we would almost certainly get Nash. I wonder what the fire sale is like over in Atlanta? Klieza and Amir Johnson + 2nd rounders would be nice to get JSmooth ;) - everything on speculation of-course

Nash
Tyreke
JSmooth
Drummond
JVal

Seems like a good trade for both sides. I've seen a lot of Raptors fans excited over the coming of Jonas, I don't know much about him but I'll be sure to tune into some Raptor games to see what the hype is about.

Catfish1314
06-26-2012, 05:01 PM
i don't know what you're trying to say... I was just making a point the other was saying where management isn't placing him in atmosphere for him to succeed.

In what way is management not putting him in a position to succeed? The coach who established an inability to develop talent was fired and replaced by someone who has been great for Cousins.

Injuries and a gross lack of improvement on his jumpshot have slowed Evans down. Management is not guilty of failing to put him in a position to succeed. The offense was basically built around him his first two years until the injury.

and what you brought up, then its his fault he just sucks then :shrug:

If you can put up 16, 5, and 5 on anything better than garbage percentages (which Evans does) without a jumpshot, you don't suck.

Derozan and Ed Davis for Tyreke Evans +5th it is then!

DeMar DeRozan. Now if you want to talk about suck, there's a conversation.

Wolfman01
06-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Bad offer from the Rockets for Tyreke Evans and the 5th pick.

IAmARanger18
06-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Kings should take this deal.