PDA

View Full Version : David Aldridge: 'Not a chance" Dwight Howard stays in Houston if traded there

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-25-2012, 11:50 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/06/25/not-a-chance-dwight-howard-stays-in-houston-if-traded-there/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Amid a report that stated the Houston Rockets are hoping to amass enough trade assets to make a deal with the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard–even though Howard would only be in Houston for one season before becoming an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2013 — a source with knowledge of Howard’s thinking said Monday that there was “not a chance” Howard would be persuaded to remain in Houston if traded there, and would leave next summer to sign elsewhere.

ESPN.com reported Monday morning that the Rockets, who currently have the 14th and 16th picks overall in the first round of Thursday’s Draft, were trying to move up in order to acquire two high first-round picks that would be sent to the Magic as part of a package for Howard. Howard decided to “opt in” to the final year of his contract late this past season rather than opt out and be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

But Howard has given no indication he plans to sign any long-term extension in Orlando, and the Magic are resigned to the fact that they’ll likely have to trade him sometime this offseason unless he has a dramatic change of heart. The Nets and Mavericks have been among the most ardent suitors for the 26-year-old Howard, who missed Orlando’s first-round playoff loss to Indiana after undergoing back surgery in April. Howard believes he’ll be back on the court in time for the start of next season.

The Rockets have made it clear that they are willing to take Howard with no assurances that he’d remain after next season. They’ve offered several different packages to different teams currently in the top 10. League sources said Monday that the Rockets have put guard Kevin Martin in at least two trade packages, and it’s believed that the Rockets are also shopping guard Kyle Lowry, who started at point guard before being sidelined with a bacterial infection that caused him to miss almost a month of the season.

Lowry subsequently said he didn’t think he would be able to play next season for Coach Kevin McHale, citing unspecified issues. McHale told local reporters Monday he didn’t have a problem with Lowry and could coach him next season.

One league source said the Rockets hoped to make deals for the additional Draft picks using existing players, so they would have as many as four first-rounders they could put in a package to Orlando for Howard. One potential deal, according to a league source, would send Martin to Minnesota–presumably for the Wolves’ 18th pick in the first round–where Martin would play for former Rockets coach Rick Adelman; Martin had success playing for Adelman during their years together in Houston. But rumors of a Martin-Adelman reunion in Minnesota have been thrown around for months.

The Magic just hired its new GM, Rob Hennigan, last week, and fired assistant GM Dave Twardzik and several members of the scouting and basketball staffs over the weekend. Orlando reached agreement Monday with Pistons vice president of basketball operations Scott Perry to be Hennigan’s assistant GM in Orlando. Perry will have more decision-making authority with the Magic than in Detroit, where he’d been for all but once season since 2000, when he joined the organization as a scout. Perry spent the 2007-08 season in Seattle as assistant general manager.

DA as we all know is highly reputable.

Hellcrooner
06-25-2012, 11:55 PM
good

so
houston sends all teh crappy contracts in the wold out of the team to get dwight.

then after the season

A) they bring Paul or whatever to please dwight and be a contender, he stays.
B) they simply have NO ONE commited and he walks, they suck get a high lotto and have all the cap in the world to work with.

Sounds a win win for rockets.

LTBaByyy
06-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Its sad the Rockets still want to trade for him even knowing that

What's the point? You shed salary that's awesome

Losing the picks are the worst part

gatkins11
06-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Not surprising.

Baller1
06-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Dwight is such a god damn douchebag.

ichitownclowni
06-25-2012, 11:58 PM
nvm

ichitownclowni
06-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Not surprising.

Your sig is raw

NYG 2000
No really? Lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
its already been known dwight didn't wanna resign in rockets. Doesn't change the rockets willingness to take the risk, they already know this.

I member people saying dwight was not gonna sign the papers to opt in .... People like DA, stephen a smith and chris b saying he would never do it and that it would be a horrid decision on dwights part. Yet in the end dwight did it. There no saying for sure what dwight would do his mind changes constantly

unleashthebeast
06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Deron would persuade him if they acquire him as well

Chill_Will_24
06-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Nothing new here. This was already known.

Strange thought just occurred to me. The Rockets have been trying to land a stud C for a while now and why trade for one that WILL leave unless they get Deron? If i was the Nets i would talk to the Rockets and see what they would be willing to send to ORL in a three way trade with them getting Brook Lopez back from the Nets. granted Lopez is no Dwight but at least he would probably stay, is young and is very talented.

One thing i disagree with on with ppl on PSD is that Brook Lopez is trash. He went from overrated to underrated all because his rebounding numbers went down. However i should note that he has shown (before the Mononucleosis and before Humphries) that he can indeed rebound. Lopez is very talented and i dont see why the Rockets wouldnt want him.

Keep in mind that the Nets refused to part with him for Melo AND Deron so he holds much value around the league despite what the PSD mob (most of which dont even watch Nets games) thinks of him. Offensively skilled 7'1" centers arent exactly a dime a dozen

Sadds The Gr8
06-26-2012, 12:12 AM
that sucks. what an *** hole

LTBaByyy
Rockets haven't been relevant since the mid 90's

Francis, Yao, & T Mac were great talents but didnt make the Rockets successful at all

llemon

Strange thought just occurred to me. The Rockets have been trying to land a stud C for a while now and why trade for one that WILL leave unless they get Deron? If i was the Nets i would talk to the Rockets and see what they would be willing to send to ORL in a three way trade with them getting Brook Lopez back from the Nets. granted Lopez is no Dwight but at least he would probably stay, is young and is very talented.

One thing i disagree with on with ppl on PSD is that Brook Lopez is trash. He went from overrated to underrated all because his rebounding numbers went down. However i should not that he has shown (before the Mononucleosis and before Humphries) that he can indeed rebound. Lopez is very talented and i dont see why the Rockets wouldnt want him.

Keep in mind that the Nets refused to part with him for Melo AND Deron so he hold much value around the league despite what the PSD mob (most of which dont even watch Nets games) thinks of him.

This coming season will have a lot to say about what Brook is and what Brook is not.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
I like what the rockets deal has to offer

But I must say nice thinkin on that 3 way chill will.... Don't kno what it would look like and I it would be good enough but its not a bad thought

NYG 2000
06-26-2012, 12:13 AM
that sucks. what an *** hole

Why? Because because he doesn't want to play with Luis scola and goran dragon? Shut up

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 12:13 AM
lmao i've been saying that for the longest and magic fans said dwill would follow lmao

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2012, 12:14 AM
He could man ya never know.... Ish happens

eternal slumber
06-26-2012, 12:14 AM
we all know that Howard changes his mind all the time, maybe he'll change it once he get to Houston. Morey has a year to do that. heck, if he change his mind, Houston will have ton of cap space, so it's quite a wise move if your the Rockets.

Chill_Will_24
06-26-2012, 12:17 AM
This coming season will have a lot to say about what Brook is and what Brook is not.

Agreed. No mono and probably no Humphries. No excuses. He needs to develop a better feel for the game on the defensive side

marj987
06-26-2012, 12:18 AM
He could man ya never know.... Ish happens

Your sig warms my heart....

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Do I sense sarcasm? Lol I needa change all my dwight sig and pic ish ...

Chill_Will_24
06-26-2012, 12:21 AM
I like what the rockets deal has to offer

But I must say nice thinkin on that 3 way chill will.... Don't kno what it would look like and I it would be good enough but its not a bad thought

Yea i like the dumping of the bad contracts for the Rockets a lot but i dont like them trading good picks for a rental. I would rather them get back a talented guy like Lopez whose value is low right now (i do believe that his value will go up again) and who will most likely stay long term.

I honestly dont see why ORL wouldnt want Lopez but if they like HOU assets more then by all means make it a three way cuz HOU has been shopping for a C for a while now.

Centers that can do THIS are NOT scrubs and are NOT easily found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS4ddNzF4bA

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 12:21 AM
this shyt sucks tho it really just means he's going to bk in the offseason at this point an time i don't want that drama queen to get his way also would the nets have money for a max to offer d12 if they resign dwill and b lopez

utl768
06-26-2012, 12:28 AM
please send him there

Chill_Will_24
06-26-2012, 12:28 AM
this shyt sucks tho it really just means he's going to bk in the offseason at this point an time i don't want that drama queen to get his way also would the nets have money for a max to offer d12 if they resign dwill and b lopez

No they will not otherwise the Nets and Dwight would have a lot more leverage

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 12:35 AM

flatbush gunna be poppin tho!

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 12:37 AM
lmao yea i mean its not really flatbush but yea

Sadds The Gr8
06-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Why? Because because he doesn't want to play with Luis scola and goran dragon? Shut up

who the **** is Goran Dragon:laugh::facepalm:

Glen20
06-26-2012, 12:43 AM

:laugh:
Goran ****ing Dragon

BrooklynBandito
06-26-2012, 12:45 AM

Francis, Yao, & T Mac were great talents but didnt make the Rockets successful at all

Cool beans man....

Has nothing to do with the Rockets wanting to trade for Dwight.

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 12:46 AM
lmao yea i mean its not really flatbush but yea

my man the spot is right across from atlantic commons it is flatbush!!

nicegoing
06-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Goran Dragon

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 12:50 AM
yea its flatbush ave but thats park slope mad white people my dude that shyts far from where im at im by church ave an nostrand the hood

NYG 2000
06-26-2012, 12:52 AM

Lmfao, cursed auto correct!!!

NYG 2000
06-26-2012, 12:52 AM
yea its flatbush ave but thats park slope mad white people my dude that shyts far from where im at im by church ave an nostrand the hood

I shld come by and dump a couple clips in ya

waveycrockett
06-26-2012, 12:54 AM

lmao im by parade grounds dont front. Flatbush and 4th ave gets it poppin. Nah Jay-z had it cleaned up over there.

Glen20
06-26-2012, 12:57 AM

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-26-2012, 01:02 AM
its already been known dwight didn't wanna resign in rockets. Doesn't change the rockets willingness to take the risk, they already know this.

I member people saying dwight was not gonna sign the papers to opt in .... People like DA, stephen a smith and chris b saying he would never do it and that it would be a horrid decision on dwights part. Yet in the end dwight did it. There no saying for sure what dwight would do his mind changes constantly

He opted in as Orlando was threatening to trade him to Kobe's Kingdom, which he wanted no part of at the time.

AWC713
06-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Goran ****ing Dragon

i dont know if the original poster was intending this, but goran's nickname is the slovanian dragon. he also goes by gogi a lot...

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:05 AM

lmao come thru dont be mad when some come back mad jamaicans rudeboy we dont play

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:06 AM
lmao im by parade grounds dont front. Flatbush and 4th ave gets it poppin. Nah Jay-z had it cleaned up over there.
idk i dont be at over there like dat i used to mess with this waitress that works at the buffalo wild wings over there i never saw goons over ther but hey you never know

NYG 2000
06-26-2012, 01:07 AM

lmao come thru dont be mad when some come back mad jamaicans rudeboy we dont play

Ah shaddup, lol

AWC713
06-26-2012, 01:08 AM
also, to touch on the subject, i wouldnt look to much into this report. lets look at the past drama dh12 has stirred up:

"There's very little chance Dwight Howard will be back in Orlando after the 2011-12 season."

"Dwight wants to go to LA."

"Dwight says he doesn't want to go to LA."

"Sources say there's no chance Dwight Howard will be on the Magic after the trade deadline."

"Source says Dwight Howard is opting in to stay in Orlando."

"Orlando says Dwight hasn't even hinted that he wanted to opt in, continue to look for trades."

"Dwight signs away his player option for next season to Orlando, regrets putting Orlando in that position."

Houston's a great city. They have a formidable young core of players that they can keep all while dealing many valuable assets. Many people forget this team was the 5th seed when Goran took over for Lowry. Once Lowry came back, the chemistry was off and they fell out of the playoffs.

DH12 doesnt want to look like a bad guy. Thats the one thing we all know about him. The Rockets can definately make it hard on him to leave if they acquire him before the season. If he gets acclimated nicely, and this city will love him...theres a decent chance he stays.

Plus Daryl Morey is a boss. He will put a contender around Dwight.

Dade County
06-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Dwight is such a god damn douchebag.

Why?

Is this about him switching his mind all the time or you want him to resign where ever Orlando sends him?

jmoney85
06-26-2012, 01:09 AM

One thing i disagree with on with ppl on PSD is that Brook Lopez is trash. He went from overrated to underrated all because his rebounding numbers went down. However i should note that he has shown (before the Mononucleosis and before Humphries) that he can indeed rebound. Lopez is very talented and i dont see why the Rockets wouldnt want him.

Keep in mind that the Nets refused to part with him for Melo AND Deron so he holds much value around the league despite what the PSD mob (most of which dont even watch Nets games) thinks of him. Offensively skilled 7'1" centers arent exactly a dime a dozen

I like this idea....sounds like a win win for all teams...

ThunderousDemon
06-26-2012, 01:09 AM

That's some ****ed up English.

nicegoing
06-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Second day in a row I think that people are threatening each other over basketball on an NBA forum lmao

jmoney85
3 way trade

Orlando gets Marshon brooks, josh smith, rights to bojan bogdanovic

atlanta gets brook lopez, houstons 2013 lottery protected 1st round pick, trade exception

nets get dwight howard, jason richardson

flatbush knicks
lmao with all these internet thugs i forgot what the topic was

Glen20
06-26-2012, 01:17 AM
lmao with all these internet thugs i forgot what the topic was

look at the title

NYG 2000
06-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Ah shaddup, lol
you da one being a internet thug i obviously don't live right on church but on the back blocks but hey if you stupid enuff to come to east flatbush poppin off im not gonna be the one shootin probaly just dem ****** over ther my pops lives in east new york too hey you should go over there too poppin lead good luck my dude

It was a joke lil boy, don't get your knicks panties in a bunch

llemon
06-26-2012, 01:29 AM
3 way trade

atlanta gets brook lopez, houstons 2013 lottery protected 1st round pick, trade exception

Orlando doesn't get enough.

What kind of trade exception would Hawks get?

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:29 AM
whatever back on topic the rockets would be stupid to trade for d12 unless they want the nets assets

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:31 AM
fk you my bad tho i didn't mean to od on you like dat its just round here dudes don't play like dat u feel me

MagicBucsSox
06-26-2012, 01:34 AM
3 way trade

Good Job, we trade the best player /get the worse of the deal. Good job Otis

llemon
06-26-2012, 01:34 AM
whatever back on topic the rockets would be stupid to trade for d12 unless they want the nets assets

Houston seems to want Howard, accepting that he's a rental.

Lakers were willing to do the same thing at the trade deadline last season.

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Houston seems to want Howard, accepting that he's a rental.

Lakers were willing to do the same thing at the trade deadline last season.

i think if they come out struggling which they probaly will they'd be looking to ship him out at the trade deadline for either bynum or b lopez whatever team d12 tells them he wants to go to

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:39 AM
3 way trade

thats actually not a bad trade but j smith wouldn't resign in orlando

llemon
06-26-2012, 01:40 AM
i think if they come out struggling which they probaly will they'd be looking to ship him out at the trade deadline for either bynum or b lopez whatever team d12 tells them he wants to go to

Who knows these things?

llemon
06-26-2012, 01:43 AM
thats actually not a bad trade but j smith wouldn't resign in orlando

And Magic don't have a Center.

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:45 AM
i mean you gotta kind of figure the rockets wouldn't be doing to well with d12 not that he's garbage but what are they giving up for him plus the west is a hell of alot harder then the east espeacially with young and upcoming teams like the twolves jazz

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:46 AM
And Magic don't have a Center.
o i forgot about that never mind trade sucks lmao

NYG 2000
06-26-2012, 01:46 AM
fk you my bad tho i didn't mean to od on you like dat its just round here dudes don't play like dat u feel me

Uhuh......

llemon
06-26-2012, 01:47 AM
i mean you gotta kind of figure the rockets wouldn't be doing to well with d12 not that he's garbage but what are they giving up for him plus the west is a hell of alot harder then the east espeacially with young and upcoming teams like the twolves jazz

Hey, you can figure all you want, but it is what Rockets would figure that counts.

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Hey, you can figure all you want, but it is what Rockets would figure that counts.
i mean the thread name is he won't sign regardless so ther has to be a reason ther trading for him i don't think ther stupid enough to just let him walk unless they do a sign and trade

Raph12
06-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Why the hell would Dwight stay in Houston if they don't have anything to offer? Now if they can get CP3 and maybe JSmoove in 2013 or another big name, you have a case... With the team as is, Dwight would only make them into a playoffs team or second rounders at best, nothing more.

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 01:53 AM
o shyt i completly forgot cp3 would be a fa the following year hey the rockets just might have something up ther sleeves

llemon
06-26-2012, 01:55 AM
i mean the thread name is he won't sign regardless so ther has to be a reason ther trading for him i don't think ther stupid enough to just let him walk unless they do a sign and trade

I hear what you are saying, but what you think really doesn't count in this situation.

And I'm not trying to bust your chops. I am just making a point.

flatbush knicks
06-26-2012, 02:02 AM
I hear what you are saying, but what you think really doesn't count in this situation.

And I'm not trying to bust your chops. I am just making a point.
nah i see what your saying but i forgot like the poster before me pointed out j smith and cp3 will be free agents and what if ther trying to get d12 to pair him up with either one if i'm not mistaken they will have money for another max after they trade for d12 correct me if im wrong or else it makes no sense

llemon
06-26-2012, 02:04 AM
nah i see what your saying but i forgot like the poster before me pointed out j smith and cp3 will be free agents and what if ther trying to get d12 to pair him up with either one if i'm not mistaken they will have money for another max after they trade for d12 correct me if im wrong or else it makes no sense

The point is, it doesn't have to make sense.

Lakers were willing to rent Dwight at the end of last season, giving up Bynum, and Lakers wouldn't have had a chance to trade Dwight if he wanted out.

Chronz
06-26-2012, 03:19 AM

Define relevant.

And whats that got to do with the thread?

kblo247
06-26-2012, 05:13 AM
And if he left them they would till be in a better place than they are now.

The Rockets have no ceiling or floor, just pure basketball hell in purgatory where they get the 9th spot out west and miss the playoffs while getting the 13-14th pick in the draft. They are going nowhere, too good to get a top pick, too bad to make the postseason.

Dwight at least gives them a direction either way. They attack the ceiling by going to the playoffs and playing for titles. He leaves them and they plummet straight down, getting top 5-10 picks for years and replenishing.

Either way they need to make the move and Morey need s to be fired

Chronz
06-26-2012, 05:54 AM
And if he left them they would till be in a better place than they are now.

The Rockets have no ceiling or floor, just pure basketball hell in purgatory where they get the 9th spot out west and miss the playoffs while getting the 13-14th pick in the draft. They are going nowhere, too good to get a top pick, too bad to make the postseason.

Dwight at least gives them a direction either way. They attack the ceiling by going to the playoffs and playing for titles. He leaves them and they plummet straight down, getting top 5-10 picks for years and replenishing.

Either way they need to make the move and Morey need s to be fired

LMFAO you dont get fired for doing what your owner asks and doing it well. Hes one of the best GM's in the league, why would he get fired?

NBA-GMaster
06-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Lost respect to Dwight, what a douche bag!! I really hope they will not get Dwght period
They can get better with trading Lowry, Dalembert, 14th and 16th pick for 2 higher lottery picks

StarvingKnick22
06-26-2012, 10:09 AM
then STAY DWIGHT STAY

ichitownclowni
06-26-2012, 10:12 AM
He is not going to say what's the ****ing point?

kblo247
06-27-2012, 08:23 AM
LMFAO you dont get fired for doing what your owner asks and doing it well. Hes one of the best GM's in the league, why would he get fired?
One of the best gms would
- build a perennial playoff team
- win a title or compete for one
- be in the lottery collecting assets for rebuilding

They are in limbo and have been for years, he ain't doing his job well at all of he is too bad to make the playoffs and too good to make the lotto. It's a sad state and he has to fix it or be axed.

Davidgta1
06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Just trade him for the best offer I'm more then sure there are sum teams they will rent him for a year. I don't understand why Dwight is flip flopping idk if he think fans will hate him if demands a trade. but he has to know magic fans already are starting to hate him cuz of this drama he's making one second it's. I wanna go to the mavs then lakers then nah I'll stay but wait no I wanna go the the lakers no I lied I wanna go to the nets but idk I might wanna stay. Just pick a team

rockets-fan
06-27-2012, 08:34 AM
One of the best gms would
- build a perennial playoff team
- win a title or compete for one
- be in the lottery collecting assets for rebuilding

They are in limbo and have been for years, he ain't doing his job well at all of he is too bad to make the playoffs and too good to make the lotto. It's a sad state and he has to fix it or be axed.

In moreys defense... Our owner hasn't let him rebuild properly. It isn't his fault.mhe was doing what his boss told him to.

Jarvo
06-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Everyone knows he wants to go to the Nets.