PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Finals Lebron vs Durant similar results to 1995 Hakeem vs Shaq

JordansBulls
06-25-2012, 03:31 PM
2012 Finals Lebron vs Durant similar results to 1995 Hakeem vs Shaq.

Many times people say Hakeem clearly outclassed Shaq in those finals but when you look at the numbers they don't indicate that. Sure Hakeem may have been better but it doesn't mean he outclassed him. Similar thing with the 2012 finals with Lebron and Durant. Lebron may have been better but he surely didn't outclass Durant in the finals as many have alluded to.

Hakeem
33/12/6/2/2 on 48% FG

Shaq
28/13/6/0/3 on 60% FG

Lebron
29/10/7/2/0 on 47% FG

Durant
31/6/2/1/1 on 55% FG

I guess the purpose of this thread is to get your view on if the battle between the two megastars and if you see the battles as similar as perception has it and in reality.

stawka
06-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Durant's D was non-existent, his leadership was questionable, he didn't get the job done. The King clearly outplayed him

4 POINT PLAY LJ
06-25-2012, 04:05 PM
It was who wanted it more, not about stats. Lebron was on a one man mission, he was hungry for a ring

rickshaw
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Shaq and Durant both young guys in their first trip.

Hakeem and Lebron both in their prime years and hungry for a ring for validation.

b@llhog24
06-25-2012, 04:59 PM
More rebounds, assists, steals, and better defense.

Lakerfan In NY
06-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Clearly your view was clouded by the triple the size head band that Lebron wears over your eyes. The heat won that series...not Lebron. Huge plays made by someone every game not named Lebron. All this Lebron great D talk. KD shot like 55%. Got alot of suspect charges called on him going to the rim that limited him. So, you can stop the great Lebron D on him. KD failed bc he didn't demand the ball from westbrook & Harden.

StarvingKnick22
06-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Hakeem vs. Ewing. the knicks were the tougher matchup

JordansBulls
06-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Hakeem vs. Ewing. the knicks were the tougher matchup

Ewing got outclassed in that matchup. He shot 34 %FG in the series.

Chronz
06-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Clearly your view was clouded by the triple the size head band that Lebron wears over your eyes. The heat won that series...not Lebron. Huge plays made by someone every game not named Lebron. All this Lebron great D talk. KD shot like 55%. Got alot of suspect charges called on him going to the rim that limited him. So, you can stop the great Lebron D on him. KD failed bc he didn't demand the ball from westbrook & Harden.
Yea but hes comparing the style to which both teams best players and teams played. He has a point. Hes saying Bron DIDNT school Durant, merely outplayed him.

But what do you think KD shot with Bron as the primary defender, do you give no credit for prevent defense? Bron denied him the ball in many of his sweet spots. I didnt see alot of suspect charges, I saw 1 guy who was extremely predictable off the bounce. KD has improved his ball handling immensely but hes still a guy who relies on others to set him up, either for the shot or the drive. Hes got some work to do when it comes to creating his own look compared to Bron.

bucketss
06-25-2012, 05:43 PM

durant shot 43 % while being guarded by lebron, but yeah obviously no one player wins series

LakersMaster24
06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
JB have you met KB-PAU-DH2012?

Hoopsadvocate
06-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Durant scored amazingly well and thats the only thing he might have done better than Lebron.

Lebron was a better distributer, rebounder, defender clearly and hands down. SO no nothing like hakeem and shaq.

I mean he was so one dimensional this finals it was rediculous. What the heck are u talking about JB?

bucketss
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
durant was only scary for game 1 and 2, the following games i was more afraid of westbrook.

diu9leilomo
06-25-2012, 08:59 PM
lbj choked....i mean durant

Fnom11
06-25-2012, 09:04 PM
4 Rebounds, 5 assists, significantly better defense, ran his entire teams offense, and dare I even say more clutch? Lebron outplayed Durant by a lot, but that's not a remark to belittle Durant's contribution, it's to show how good of a player actually Lebron is.

xk4
06-26-2012, 01:36 AM
It was who wanted it more, not about stats. Lebron was on a one man mission, he was hungry for a ring

You're right, Durant didn't want it at all. He's been working tirelessly his whole life to lose in the finals.

Those tears were tears of joy.

:facepalm:

Losoway
06-26-2012, 02:09 AM
hakeem destroyed shaq that series

durant only was good for game 1 ...he played very average after that

JordansBulls
06-26-2012, 03:39 PM
hakeem destroyed shaq that series
durant only was good for game 1 ...he played very average after that

Go look at the numbers.

bucketss
06-26-2012, 03:46 PM
You're right, Durant didn't want it at all. He's been working tirelessly his whole life to lose in the finals.

Those tears were tears of joy.

:facepalm:

did he say durant didn't want it or did he just say lebron wanted it more?:facepalm: im not saying i agree with him btw

GSW Hoops
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Durant did an excellent job keeping his team competitive in every game, save for the elimination game. He had very little support from Harden and Westbrook was shaky the entire series, so putting up those numbers is very impressive against a great Miami defense and horrible referee calls.

I'm very impressed with Durant--he would be an NBA champion right now if it weren't for Lebron James going absolutely insane in this series. He did his job.