PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Sixers considering Pau for Iggy?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/sixers-consider-pau-gasol-for-iguodala

Just like last offseason, forward Andre Iguodala is connected to more trade rumors than any of his teammates. The 28-year-old forward has been mentioned in a possible deal involving the Los Angeles Lakers and center/forward Pau Gasol, something the Sixers front office will neither confirm nor deny.

via John N. Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer

dont see much point for the sixers, unless they decide to amnesty brand

if they acquire pau, they must pay him 22 million i believe, due to a clause in his contract, that bumps his salary up if traded

philly isnt going anywhere, i agree with trading iggy, but not unless its bringing you back a draft pick, or a young player to add to their core of young and holiday

it doesnt make sense for them to get older and add a pau gasol, he isnt enough to get them into the ECF, or make them contenders

i say they shld skip iggy out to a team that will net them a young player, draft pick, or a scorer to help their offense like rudy gay

for the lakers, i do this, only if you kniw you can sign a starting quality big, because as is, the lakers front court depth is horrid

gilly
06-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I would consider it if we had a plan to get Harrison Barnes and a good solid center. But we don't. So no thanks.

MagicBucsSox
06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Terrible on phillys end. They need a true PG, center, size and shooter. Not a washed up Pau

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Like i said in the other thread......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

this move ensures another run to mediocrity for Philly. We don't need a 32 year old Pau. A 26 year old Pau? Absolutely. But history has shown that the Sixers should steer clear of 30+ year old PF's.

Or do I really need to bring up Chris Webber and Elton Brand again?

It would be a great pickup for the lakeshow, but awful for my sixers.

Bruno
06-24-2012, 07:38 PM
i wanted this trade after the 2011 playoffs. i doubt phili takes up a washed up Gasol, and his bloated contract. although if they did, i'm sure he'd have a revival in phili, where they might use him correctly.

rickshaw
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Like i said in the other thread......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

this move ensures another run to mediocrity for Philly. We don't need a 32 year old Pau. A 26 year old Pau? Absolutely. But history has shown that the Sixers should steer clear of 30+ year old PF's.

Or do I really need to bring up Chris Webber and Elton Brand again?

It would be a great pickup for the lakeshow, but awful for my sixers.

While I agree with you, Webber and Brand had knee surgeries before coming here I think? So not the best comparison.

We won't be contenders, and won't be in better shape for the future. Iggy needs to be traded for youth.

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2012, 07:47 PM
While I agree with you, Webber and Brand had knee surgeries before coming here I think? So not the best comparison.

We won't be contenders, and won't be in better shape for the future. Iggy needs to be traded for youth.

They did, but they were both 30 as well, Pau will be 32.

No thanks.

ThunderousDemon
06-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Iggy and some one else for Pau

Raps08-09 Champ
06-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Doesn't make sense for the Sixers. If this way a 3 way deal, it might make sense.

LakersMaster24
06-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I would rather keep Pau than have a Pau for Iggy swap. Just Iggy is not worth it. He is about to hit 30, lose his athleticism, and just become a mediocre player.

Bynum for Iggy, Turner, Young and Jrue? :eyebrow:

MagicBucsSox
06-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I would rather keep Pau than have a Pau for Iggy swap. Just Iggy is not worth it. He is about to hit 30, lose his athleticism, and just become a mediocre player.

I'll let sOmeone else deal with u

Swashcuff
06-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Terrible on phillys end. They need a true PG, center, size and shooter. Not a washed up Pau

What makes you say we need a true PG? :confused:

lakerboy
06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Iggy is not a lot younger than Pau and is definitely not better.

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Iggy is not a lot younger than Pau and is definitely not better.

at this stage in their careers, I'd argue they're about the same in value.

Iggy is as good of a SF as Pau is a PF.

JesusMontero
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Iggy for Amare

smith&wesson
06-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Not bad. but it would leave the lakers with iggy, artest & barnes at the 3 with no one starting at the 4.

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Iggy for Amare

that's even worse lol.

I don't think any team is looking to acquire Amare after his last year. I know he had a lot of issues (can't be easy playing after your brother dies midseason) but the fire hydrant incident, his surprisingly fast decline, and absurd contract, are huge red flags for any team.

Shame because he was being talked about as an MVP candidate before they got Carmelo.

Now look where they're at.

fadedmario
06-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Seems like a decent trade for both teams in my opinion.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Laker getting ripped off

lakersiznumber1
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
this trade sucks for la i dont see why we would do this

2-ONE-5
06-24-2012, 09:11 PM
only way its worth it to take on Gasol is if we keep Iggy too and thats not a possibility. also leaves the Lakers without a 4 unless they plan on giving Artest the amnesty and going after someone?

TheNumber37
06-24-2012, 09:16 PM
This trade should've happened years ago.

SluggeR
06-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Pau>>>Iggy

kingkenny01
06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
this is an equal trade that doesn't make either team better

lXl Jonny lXl
06-24-2012, 09:22 PM

Philly gets to keep Spencer Hawes and acquire Bynum :speechless:, Rod Thorn would be an idiot not to go through with this trade.

todu82
06-24-2012, 09:29 PM
I think so, I think Pau and Iggy would be beneficial to their new teams.

arkanian215
06-24-2012, 09:32 PM
0a

Korman12
06-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Good for Lakers, bad for Sixers. Doubtful.

Draft Picks, Draft Picks, Youth.

More-Than-Most
06-24-2012, 09:50 PM
I dont like it for either team....that being said if it gets iggy out of philly I am game.

I would prefer youth and top pick and for us to tank next year while we wait for brand to expire.

dsonLAL24
06-24-2012, 09:54 PM

Pau washed up?? :facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
06-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Pau isn't washed up, it's just that he wasn't utilized well.

LakersMaster24
06-24-2012, 11:37 PM
People not understand the fact that I wasnt serious :pity:

Why do you think I put the smiley next to it?

DR_1
06-25-2012, 12:35 AM
This trade confuses me from every angle.

shep33
06-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Doesn't make any sense for LAL. Already have Metta at the 3 who is making 7.2 mill next year. So unless your going to amnesty him, it isn't really worth it. But then the Lakers have no starting PF.

pd7631
06-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Trading for Pau Gasol is a complete conflict of interests for us. We are an extremely young team and need another 2-3 years to grow into a contender(hopefully we get there). By the time our core is truly ready to compete, Pau either won't be very good anymore or just flat out won't be here. We'd be much better served to package Iggy in a deal to get a young veteran big man(such as Al Jefferson) or a higher draft pick to get someone like Andre Drummond.

Trading for Pau seems to be a 'win now' move for a team that isn't ready to win yet.

Cano-Montero...
06-25-2012, 12:58 AM
not a good trade for both teams..

Ty Fast
06-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Iggy and some one else for Pau

iggy and brand for pau and world peace???

shep33
06-25-2012, 01:20 AM
Trading for Pau Gasol is a complete conflict of interests for us. We are an extremely young team and need another 2-3 years to grow into a contender(hopefully we get there). By the time our core is truly ready to compete, Pau either won't be very good anymore or just flat out won't be here. We'd be much better served to package Iggy in a deal to get a young veteran big man(such as Al Jefferson) or a higher draft pick to get someone like Andre Drummond.

Trading for Pau seems to be a 'win now' move for a team that isn't ready to win yet.

Yeah, I just don't see this deal helping either team.

Fred
06-25-2012, 07:54 AM
iggy and brand for pau and world peace???

for literal world peace, sure...for metta world peace, not for all of the tea in china...he is a pariah...there is nothing that would make another team take him in a deal short of trading kobe with him...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Iggy to Warriors? Philly gets lottery pick and bad contract of RJ? Warriors shopping their lottery pick anyway. I can see them going after Iggy or Deng.

kblo247
06-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Doesn't make any sense for LAL. Already have Metta at the 3 who is making 7.2 mill next year. So unless your going to amnesty him, it isn't really worth it. But then the Lakers have no starting PF.

Start Ron there ala Anthony Mason. He has the size and strength. Hell he has the shooting, athleticism, and speed at PF. He can easily be the spread 4 next to Bynum and open the court up while also getting to play in his comfort zone moreso.

Another crazy twist would be to steal from Phil and start Iggy with Kobe and Ron on the perimeter, telling Sessions to kick rocks. Not like his shot is any worse with the lights on bright, and to be blunt the 90 year old love child of Fish and Smush could still D up better than Ramon

They could also just run Kobe and Iggy as starters, and then take an in shape Ron like at the end of last season when he was a double digit guy and give him the green light and 30 minutes still at SF with Iggy shifting down to SG while Kobe rests.

I like the idea of Iggy for Pau for LA. I sorta like it for Phili. I love it for Iggy, Kobe, Ron, and Brown. I hate OT for Pau though as he is so sensitive and those fans and media will chew his soft *** up if he plays like he did the past two postseasons for them

GoneGuru
06-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Sixers need the size, because they have the perimeter guys to make up for the loss of iggy.

lakers are ******** tho, gasol is still good for 17 and 10, while iguodala is versatile, the only reason the lakers are any good is because of all their skilled big men. remember where kobe was before the advent of bynum and the arrival of gasol.... im waiting.

also you can pay elton brand 18 mill a year to be undersized and get out produced by lavoy allen yet you wont pay for a guy who can play center somewhat effectively for you?

what?

Hellcrooner
06-25-2012, 11:18 AM
It doesnt make sense for Sixers, but not because of Pau being "washed up" wich is far from true, he ha sbeen misused in favour of Jim buss pet.

It doesnt make sense for sixers because getting Pau would be a WIN now move, and if you are bout WIN NOW trading your best player makes NO sense, to win now you try to get igoudala AND pau togheter offering say, Lou Will , your pick this year and another pick other year and Brand for example.

raptor fan
06-25-2012, 11:21 AM
This would be a great trade for the lakers, but not for the sixers. Not worth it to get Gasol given their current situation.

The Ooh Child
06-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I really like Gasol, but it doesn't make sense for us. We need a big man, and Pau could give a few great years, but we aren't contenders with him. Trading Iggy for young talent takes us in the direction of trying to build a contender. Bringing in Gasol would pretty much just keep us where we are for another couple of years.

Juice4o2
06-25-2012, 12:28 PM
As a Sixer fan I would love to see Pau in our uniform. Everyone says we won't be contenders and we would be getting to old and Gasol is washed up. First off you have to try and win now because every season that goes by and if we are still mediocre, then fans will start asking for Collins head and trading some of the younger talent. I think Gasol is a better talent then Iggy is and I would be willing to part for Gasol. Everyone want's to trade Iggy for draft picks and younger talent, but if that happens then it would be even harder for us to make the playoffs. Iggy gives us that since of veteranship and if you trade him and amnesty Brand we have a bunch of 3 year players, 2 year players and rookies on this team. Might as well kiss the playoffs good bye.

I wouldn't mind the trade for draft picks only if we decide to attack the free agency for veteran talent. If Philly were to trade for Gasol then I would love to see them grab a Center in Zeller or grabbing a scoring guard and going after someone like Hibbert or another Center in free agency.

RipCity32
06-25-2012, 12:34 PM
I like a Iggy for Pau swap

daboywonder2002
06-25-2012, 12:36 PM
i like the deal for both teams. but who plays the 2 for philly now? not a fan of meeks at all

Raptors15
06-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Doesn't make sense for the Sixers. If this way a 3 way deal, it might make sense.

I agree, that's the only way it might make sense.

Stinkyoutsider
06-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Yikes, Iggy for Amare? That could be a great move for both teams if Amare didn't have that cronic back problem...

I think the Pau for Iggy deal is about as close as Philly can get for equal value? Iggy could be the athletic wing player and lock down defender Kobe needs to extend his career a year or 2 longer and Gasol could be the number 1 option scorer Philly needs.

I'm sure both Philly and LA could do better with trading opportunities because I don't think Philly wins a title in the next few years so they can continue getting younger. Maybe, try to get rid of Brand's contract and start building up the talent on the bench. LA needs Iggy or someone who has some athleticism besides Kobe. The Lakers can't go into rebuilding (especially because of that local TV deal they signed) until Kobe is ready to leave the team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 05:15 PM
https://twitter.com/ethanhamm

Ethan Hammerman ‏@Ethanhamm

Iguodala --> Gasol trade could be dropping soon. Keep an eye out.

I don't know how reliable this guy is.

NYG 2000
06-29-2012, 05:17 PM
https://twitter.com/ethanhamm

Ethan Hammerman ‏@Ethanhamm

Iguodala --> Gasol trade could be dropping soon. Keep an eye out.

I don't know how reliable this guy is.

I never heard of him

Anyway if it is true, I hope they flip Gasol to the bulls for boozer and some picks

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
I never heard of him

Anyway if it is true, I hope they flip Gasol to the bulls for boozer and some picks

They wouldn't do that to help an Eastern conference rival. Plus, Pau >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Boozer.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 05:19 PM
This would be a bad deal for Philly.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-29-2012, 05:48 PM
This would be a bad deal for Philly.

Really? They needed a big man badly and they'd get one in Pau here. It also allows Turner to get more minutes which he deserves.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Really? They needed a big man badly and they'd get one in Pau here. It also allows Turner to get more minutes which he deserves.

At this point, hell any point, a team with Gasol as there best player will just be spinning it's wheels. A 32 year old Gasol making that money? Now even amnesty Brand and you are locked up.

If the Sixers are to trade Iggy, they should infuse the team with a young, athletic big man, and some backup guard help in case Lou walks, as well as try and nab a future pick.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 05:52 PM
plus haven't the Sixers signed aging PF's before with bad results? It has to taste sour doing that again.

LakersMaster24
06-29-2012, 06:00 PM
If not Pau's contract I wouldnt even want us to trade him, unless for some fantastic deal. His contract is the only thing that makes me want to trade him. He is not washed up.

kblo247
06-29-2012, 06:11 PM
^^^ no but his fire is rapidly dimming. He's like the green candle in mmpr, power fading away

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 06:12 PM
I just want to know if there's any truth to this story. I'm tired of rumors. :(

shep33
06-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Honestly would rather see us deal with Minny

PhillyFaninLA
06-29-2012, 06:19 PM
I genuinely hate the idea of Iggy for Pau and I believe Iggy has to go.

If Rod Thorn wants something that soft buy a pillow.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 06:20 PM

The only reason I don't want to deal with Minny, Houston, or Memphis is because they are Western Conference Rivals.

I'd rather trade Pau to an East team that is interested in him like Philly, ATL or even Chicago to give Miami trouble out East.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
^^^ no but his fire is rapidly dimming. He's like the green candle in mmpr, power fading away

power rangers comment...I :love: you

shep33
06-29-2012, 06:24 PM
The only reason I don't want to deal with Minny, Houston, or Memphis is because they are Western Conference Rivals.

I'd rather trade Pau to an East team that is interested in him like Philly, ATL or even Chicago to give Miami trouble out East.

Yeah, I get your perspective. I dunno, seems like Minny can offer a better overall package though. Ah well.. I don't even care what happens, so sick of the rumors man.

Check that... I don't want Andray Blatche near the vicinity of LA

Yunqn
06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Pau , turner l.a first and cash or cap relief to the rockets

Kevin Martin, scola l.a first and cash or cap relief to 76ers

Iggy, lowry & bad contract to la

dsonLAL24
06-29-2012, 06:32 PM

for a potential draft bust??

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Pau , turner l.a first and cash or cap relief to the rockets

Kevin Martin, scola l.a first and cash or cap relief to 76ers

Iggy, lowry & bad contract to la

This is beyond illogical and ********.

Why the hell would the Lakers give up 2 first round picks when they're giving up the best player of this trade (Pau Gasol)

And the only reason the Lakers are getting rid of Gasol is because of his salary. We're trying to cut back payroll and prevent that repeat tax in 2013-2014 from kicking our *****. And you want us to take on the bad contract?

Again, just a very stupid stupid proposal. I'd hang up the phone on you like that. My goodness!

shep33
06-29-2012, 06:36 PM
for a potential draft bust??

Well, we don't know that yet. I don't think Adelman utilized Williams to his best abilities at all last year. I'd like to see him get more time at the 4 in all truth.

Yunqn
06-29-2012, 06:45 PM

Why the hell would the Lakers give up 2 first round picks when they're giving up the best player of this trade (Pau Gasol)

And the only reason the Lakers are getting rid of Gasol is because of his salary. We're trying to cut back payroll and prevent that repeat tax in 2013-2014 from kicking our *****. And you want us to take on the bad contract?

Again, just a very stupid stupid proposal. I'd hang up the phone on you like that. My goodness!

Lol did u not that that there getting lowry ?

You guys think pau gasol can get you a prime michael jordan ..

You guys give up picks that a soooooo irrelevant to te lakers its not even funny .. Its alaways near 2nd round ish.. And your complaining that your giving upthe most softest overpaid big in the league whos salary only jumps after a trade to get two damn near primed allstars while your giving up a old soft jump shooting big whos talented when wants to be but also cant play no defense at all ..

Lol that was a joke bro .. I gavethe lakers the best deal.. They can care less about salary .. If they could trade for dwight with just bynums contract on take on more money just to improve ..you think tey would care about salary ?

Its not your money bro .. Why get so offended .. These guys would pay x amount if they can improve there present and future and this obvs helps l.a 's future.. Tax and cap means nothing to owners in big markets

dsonLAL24
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Well, we don't know that yet. I don't think Adelman utilized Williams to his best abilities at all last year. I'd like to see him get more time at the 4 in all truth.

True, but then again we know what Iggy can do. Kind of a risk in my opinion.

RowanJournalist
06-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Iguodala just sold his home

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/Sixer-Andre-Iguodala-sells-Main-Line-home.html

dsonLAL24
06-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Iguodala just sold his home

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/Sixer-Andre-Iguodala-sells-Main-Line-home.html

this means nothing.

RowanJournalist
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
this means nothing.

Ok.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2012, 07:51 PM

Iggy and Gasol are neck and neck...I have a hard time putting one over the other in terms of the best player in the trade...I want iggy gone because he is offensively ******** and he hurts turners progress...That being said his defense and his passing ability has him neck and neck with gasol.

Losoway
06-29-2012, 09:03 PM
at this point the lakers fans are getting desperate ...PAU for iggy isnt a good trade at all

dsonLAL24
06-30-2012, 01:31 AM
at this point the lakers fans are getting desperate ...PAU for iggy isnt a good trade at all

What Iggy brings is youth, and I assume will free up some money. I say go for it.

broncosfan4eva
06-30-2012, 02:49 AM
Lakers get iggy and either Thaddeus young or a sign and traded Lou Williams I'm all for it

shep33
06-30-2012, 03:20 AM
Lakers need to trade Pau for Kwame Brown. Then flip Kwame for Deron Williams.

JPHX
06-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Doesn't seem like a good trade for Philly.

AI4MVP
06-30-2012, 03:47 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO take Derrick Williams for Pau!

AKA TheMamba
06-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Still being discussed? No legs under it... Lakers asking price for PAU is so high its redunkulous!!!! Wish I can fast forward to October cause the lakers roster will more than likely stay the same...

YouAreSoWrong
06-30-2012, 04:15 AM
for the people who think that iggy for pau would benefit the lakers and not the sixers...and compare them to brand and webber...stop it

Comparing Gasol's stats to players on our team last year...and keep in mind, Gasol is not the focal point of this team...Kobe, and Bynum were on this squad with him which should take away from his numbers...

Gasol would have been:

Leading scorer by 2.8 points

Leading rebounder by 3.1 rebounds

2nd in blocks behind Brand...which Gasol wasnt as much as a deep in the paint defender as Bynum was...so his role would be changed a bit.

Him and Thaddeus Young would have been the only players 50% + from the field.

Not to mention, even tough he is 32...he doesnt have the same health problems...AT ALL...that brand and webber gave us.

All of these stats come with kobe and bynum on his team...which sixers dont have value of either player which means gasol could mean so much more to our team.

To dismiss Pau Gasol would be completely foolish for the sixers

Seoulbeatz u have posted a lot...which makes me believe u care a lot about this team...but numbers dont lie...hes 32 but tell that to kevin garnett that stayed one of the best playoff players in the game at 36.

I trade Iggy for Pau and Thad for a cheaper 3 point threat that plays the 3....no questions asked we become more of a contender there than we are now.

YouAreSoWrong
06-30-2012, 04:16 AM
with that said...because lakers have bynum...a dominant big man...giving that lockdown defender and high energy well rounded offensive player to compliment kobe is a great deal for them...my point is that it makes sense from both ends

sunsfan88
06-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Why does Minnesota want Gasol?

What are they going to do with Pekovic if they get Pau?

Iron24th
06-30-2012, 09:33 AM
Why does Minnesota want Gasol?

What are they going to do with Pekovic if they get Pau?

Pek will be a backup.
Nothing shocking here.

StarvingKnick22
06-30-2012, 10:28 AM
yeah thats good give a team who has Kobe Bryant a starting SG, and a team that has Elton brand a starting PF. nice one :facepalm:

YouAreSoWrong
06-30-2012, 12:33 PM
yeah thats good give a team who has Kobe Bryant a starting SG, and a team that has Elton brand a starting PF. nice one :facepalm:

Point 1- Iggy plays the 3

Point 2- Elton Brand blows

Point 3- Your point is not valid

RowanJournalist
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
I really feel like the fans of teams, other than the Sixers, value him more than Philly fans do. Yes, he's a great defender, but he is a headache. I'd take this deal in a second. We're filling a need and lessening the redundancy at the 3.