PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls considering moving Joakim Noah or Luol Deng for pick and cap exception

spreadeagle
06-24-2012, 01:37 PM
The Bulls are in a lot of trade conversations, which is kind of weird. The team was the No.1 overall seed in the playoffs despite Rose having missed all that time, and Rose was the number one, no questions asked, absolute reason the Bulls fell to the Sixers. Why would they mess with what’s working so well? But for whatever reason, either their people, or the people they’re talking to, are very chatty right now.

The newest one is a doozy. The New York Daily News reports the Bulls are seeking a trade for Luol Deng or Joakim Noah in exchange for a lottery pick and a trade exception. Yeah. A trade exception. From the NYDN:

The Bulls want to give Omer Asik and Taj Gibson new deals, so they’re exploring ways to trade Luol Deng and/or Joakim Noah to teams that can send them a trade exception and a No. 1 pick.

via After coaching a dynasty with the L.A. Lakers, Pat Riley is looking to do the same as president of the Miami Heat – NY Daily News.

Now, it’s possible that this is the Bulls’ approach. Here’s why. If Bulls ownership is looking to cut future salary to ensure their ability to get under the luxury tax to avoid the repeater tax in 2015, they can get Asik and Gibson for cheaper deals overall than Deng and Noah. Deng’s got $27 million owed over the next two seasons, Noah is owed $48 million over the next four. Moving either one and having Asik and Gibson could help them keep the core together and avoid the repeater tax, especially if they amnesty Carlos Boozer.

Why would Bulls ownership just eat the Boozer salary in an amnesty situation? Wouldn’t that just equal the repeater penalty? Not necessarily. Remember that once Boozer hits waivers, any team can bid for part of his salary, which comes off what the Bulls have to pay him. Boozer has enough value that you just know a team would make a bid of up to half his remaining salary and still be getting a bargain. That, plus losing Noah and Deng’s money, would give the Bulls an out from the repeater tax, and some flexibility if they want to make another move.

more of story here
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/23/report-bulls-considering-moving-joakim-noah-or-luol-deng-for-pick-and-cap-exception/

waveycrockett
06-24-2012, 01:38 PM
lmao they are ******** if this is true

akagiredsuns
06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
lmao they are ******** if this is true

Why ********? They are around luxury tax and only have one superstar on their team. Noah has ankle issues (again) & Deng need surgery (again). If we overplay Deng 45 min a game like we always do, it will blow up in our face. I would do Deng to the Lakers for the $9M trade exception. You free up his contract and now have a chance to make a play for another superstar, which is what Rose needs to get over the top.

Noah may be used as bait to move up in the draft. Though I don't know who the Bulls would want to get likely a SG, but at least the Bulls will compete next year and can make a decent push. This team we have now CANNOT win a championship. Despite the hype we would have beaten Miami, there's no guarantee Bulls win it all.

jiggin
06-24-2012, 01:56 PM
come to portland...either one of you...

Plenty of picks, plenty of cap space...lets make it happen

then portland can draft Drummund, and have a starter and young 7'0 backup to go with LA and Batum

NYG 2000
06-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Wasn't this posted yesterday?

bears88
06-24-2012, 02:08 PM

I was about to say this!! and that thread didn't end up well.

spreadeagle
06-24-2012, 02:11 PM

i was drunk yesterday...must of missed it lol

Theschrems101
06-24-2012, 02:11 PM
It was closed after about 5 pages of **** of people making Dengs and Noahs Contract look like Lewis and a Gilbert Arenas's contract

bears88
06-24-2012, 02:15 PM
And lets not forget glen20 was on full trolling mode.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2012, 02:17 PM
They should freaking try to trade that dumbass called Carlos Boozer. He has a huge contract that he isn't ever gonna live up to. Plus they would get to start Taj, who is probably a better player.

netsgiantsyanks
06-24-2012, 02:20 PM
They should freaking try to trade that dumbass called Carlos Boozer. He has a huge contract that he isn't ever gonna live up to. Plus they would get to start Taj, who is probably a better player.

who will take it? no one. i'm glad he ditched the nets last second.

Chacarron
06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
I was gonna say that Cleveland should jump on this and offer their pick for Noah, but then I remembered what he said about Cleveland 2 years ago. :laugh2:

JordansBulls
06-24-2012, 03:48 PM

Only way to do that is if we trade him for Amare.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2012, 04:33 PM
come to portland...either one of you...

Plenty of picks, plenty of cap space...lets make it happen

then portland can draft Drummund, and have a starter and young 7'0 backup to go with LA and Batum

Ummm you do know that if either one traded to Portland would mean the #6 pick and Drummond will not make it to #11.

Plus Noah, Drummond, Aldridge makes no sense. Unless its Aldridge, #11 for both Deng and Noah. Then the Bulls can amnesty Boozer after the season.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM

Who is going to take him with his contract now? Saying things and actually being able to do them are 2 different things.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Only way to do that is if we trade him for Amare.

How were you ever a mod? Those contracts do not even come close to matching up. The bulls can not take on 7 million more than Boozer in salary.

D12 fan
06-24-2012, 04:36 PM
How were you ever a mod? Those contracts do not even come close to matching up. The bulls can not take on 7 million more than Boozer in salary.

lmao

D-Leethal
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I would imagine teams would be lining up to get Noah for a mid-late lotto pick.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I do not get moving both of them for one pick. Neither of them are superstars but they have more value than that separately.

Deng for #7 pick since GS apparently has interest since they watch him work out with his Olympic team in TX. Noah for a pick somewhere in the top 15 and they take Fab Melo.

Unless you can trade Deng, Noah to Charlotte for Maggette and #2 pick since reports say Charlotte wants out of that spot because they see nobody any more special than any other top 10 pick after Davis. But I do not know if Chicago would get their trade exception in that deal I am not 100% familiar on how that would work.

smith&wesson
06-24-2012, 04:50 PM
what you guys think of

8th pick, ed davis, james johnson & calderon (10 mill expiring)

you get a stop gap pg for one year. at the end of the year his 10 million comes off the book freeing up lots of cap space.

you get a young big man in ed davis who can back up taj gibson

you get back james johnson who is a good defensive 3

and of course you get the 8th pick.

the bulls clear lots of cap scace in this deal and recieve 2 young players with potential and a top 10 draft pick, plus a stop gap pg who comes off the books soon as rose is ready to go. could be signed for cheap as a back up once rose returns as well. we also have a 7 mill tpe in the barbosa trade we could throw in.

flatbush knicks
06-24-2012, 04:57 PM
lmao that would be the stupidiest thing ever to do unless they know d rose will never be the same player again

nycericanguy
06-24-2012, 04:57 PM

NY probably wouldn't do it, but Amare does not make $7m than Boozer

2012 - Amare $19.9m - Boozer $15m.

North Yorker
06-24-2012, 05:04 PM
what you guys think of

you get a stop gap pg for one year. at the end of the year his 10 million comes off the book freeing up lots of cap space.

the bulls clear lots of cap scace in this deal and recieve 2 young players with potential and a top 10 draft pick, plus a stop gap pg who comes off the books soon as rose is ready to go. could be signed for cheap as a back up once rose returns as well. we also have a 7 mill tpe in the barbosa trade we could throw in.

You can't combine a tpe (Barbosa's) with player(s) in a trade. Nevertheless, the Bulls would receive a TPE in this proposed trade because the Raps have cap space so salaries wouldnt have to match. The Bulls would receive a TPE in the neighbourhood of ~8-11M in this trade, if I remember the rules correctly..

smith&wesson
06-24-2012, 05:12 PM
You can't combine a tpe (Barbosa's) with player(s) in a trade. Nevertheless, the Bulls would receive a TPE in this proposed trade because the Raps have cap space so salaries wouldnt have to match. The Bulls would receive a TPE in the neighbourhood of ~8-11M in this trade, if I remember the rules correctly..

We could get creative and give them the tpe in a seperate trade.

Blazers#1Fan
06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
portland needs to give up the 11th,2mill trade exception Rudy Fernandez thats perfect for us

Noah
Aldridge/Hickson
Batum
Matthews
Lillard

Blitzbolt
06-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Sadly the problem is Bozzer and it won't get fix unless he gets traded or his contract in over.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
NY probably wouldn't do it, but Amare does not make $7m than Boozer

2012 - Amare $19.9m - Boozer $15m.

Same difference you know what I mean. Do not be a NY typical dumbshit

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2012, 07:19 PM
what you guys think of

Hell NO1. You can have ONE player for the the lotto pick and calderon plus the trade exception. But you are not getting both for that. Keep dreaming.