PDA

View Full Version : Where will Harden go

DeRaptor95
06-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Despite James Hardenís rough Finals ó he ended up with as many threes in the five games, seven, as the Heatís Mike Miller had in the clincher ó the Thunderís sixth man would be welcomed by about two dozen teams. His value is still high and this might be the time that the Thunder moves him.

via Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News

Where will Harden go

Glen20
06-24-2012, 09:43 AM
the heat for the min.

DeRaptor95
06-24-2012, 09:58 AM
I say he will go to Raptors for a max contract :D

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Bucks have more then max cap in 2013. Even though we have Jennings and Ellis in the back court. I could see one of them dealt. Also Bobcats are interested in Harden and Rudy Gay. Maybe Cavs? If Ray leaves Celtics and Celtics only sign 1 year deals they could max up Harden in 2013 as well.

LJEATON26
06-24-2012, 10:19 AM
He'll stay in OKC. The only way he leaves is by trade.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Orlando with Ibaka for Dwight. Boom.

Nah probably OKC

Dankster
06-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't see him leaving OKC. The interesting thing about Harden is he's shown excellent progression since his rookie year in terms of his dribble and passing. He could easily become the starting PG for this Thunder team and shift Westbrook over to the 2 position which is seemingly a more natural fit for him.

I know he's a tremendous 6th man player, but it might be time they think about tinkering with the starting 5 and slot Harden over at the starting 1. I think really the odd man out on this team is Kendrick Perkins. He's really one of the most overrated players in the league and brought next to nothing this entire playoff run.

BenFrank
06-24-2012, 10:42 AM
In Houston for Kyle Lowry

Kjthunder
06-24-2012, 11:26 AM
he will stay in OKC, and in response to what ^^ he said about perkins, he did play the entire playoffs with a torn groin. and while i'll agree he was a liability against miami, he was a major reason we beat the mavs (defended dirk great), lakers and spurs.

jrm2054
06-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Bobcats

Dade County
06-24-2012, 11:43 AM
SO many teams are going to go after him, that it would be a waste of time trying to single out a couple of teams only.

This is why OKC would let go of perk (amnesty)..... or trade Ibaka

Only way they would give up Harden is for a deal that can land Howard or another dominate force in the middle.

heyman321
06-24-2012, 11:53 AM
To the Raptors for Derozan, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, the 8th pick, and 10 Playstation 3's.

Cano-Montero...
06-24-2012, 11:56 AM
isnt he and ibaka signed for 1 more year plus another year for qualifying offer? if so why would the thunder let him go?

lilchuckdoubles
06-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I been sayin this in our forum since the thunder lost game 4 but no one has really responded to it. If the thunder look into trading harden I think my wolves can offer a lot. D-Williams, Beasley(i guess Durant's best friend), their choice between Ridnour and Barea, and the 18th pick.

with this trade okc would still have scoring on the bench and more height that can hopefully help them score more in the inside. We need the beard in MN baby!!

Bornknick73
06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
The reigning Sixth Man of the Year says he doesn't plan to be coming off anyone's bench but Oklahoma City's.

James Harden said Saturday that he "loves it" with the Thunder and expects a contract extension to be worked out between his agent and Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti.

"They'll do a pretty good job of working it out," Harden said. "I'm focused on several other things right now. But when the time is (right), they'll figure it out and it'll be done."

In his third season, Harden averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists while coming off the bench for the Western Conference champions and proved to be a key piece for the young and talented Thunder.

Harden, 22, said he recognizes the Thunder are in a good place, as Oklahoma City features a nucleus of 23-year-old Kevin Durant who won the league's scoring title and 23-year-old point guard Russell Westbrook.

"This team is like a family," Harden said. "Like, we're really brothers. We hang out most of the time every single day. You won't find any other team like this. I love it here."

As of July 1, Harden, along with Serge Ibaka and Eric Maynor, will become eligible to negotiate extensions to their rookie deals. The Thunder already have signed Durant and Westbrook to long-term deals and some wonder if Oklahoma City will be able to keep all of its talent together. Harden, however, cites the unique togetherness of the team as a reason why he might take less money to stay in OKC.

"This is something special here," Harden said. "A dynasty is being built here. So we're winning, we're having fun and we're brothers. The other stuff, you can't buy it."

Looks like hes not going anywhere...

ttp://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8089834/james-harden-oklahoma-city-thunder-says-expects-sign-extension

ATX
06-24-2012, 12:08 PM
OKC will retain him.

StarvingKnick22
06-24-2012, 02:36 PM
To Seattle