PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Knicks have O.J Mayo, Ray Allen, Jason Terry on offseason wishlist

Ilovetosuckdip
06-23-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/23/knicks.have.o.j.mayo.jason.terry.and.ray.allen.top .their.free.agency.wish.list

it appears that not only do their fans not know what a salary cap is, but their front office is also not aware that Terry, Mayo and Allen will not be coming to NY for 3 million a season, they want the full MLE, and then some

The Knicks have a wish list, and three free agent shooting guards sit at the very top of it. The Knicks are targeting O.J. Mayo, Jason Terry and Ray Allen in free agency. Ray Allen has been linked to New York in reports over the past few weeks, but this is the first time the other two have been linked to the team. In fact, the free agency buzz for Terry and Mayo has been pretty silent since the end of the season.

Jason Terry, O.J. Mayo and Ray Allen top the Knicks’ free-agent wish list for shooting guards. Allen wants a big offer, of course, but he’ll also favor the team that shows him the most love when it comes knocking on his door on July 1. Looks like the Knicks, who don’t have a lot of money to offer Allen, will have to out wine-and-dine the Bulls and Heat.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 10:01 PM
you could say this about all other 31 teams...

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 10:01 PM
they cant afford terry or mayo, and allen would go to miami over NY

actually they might be able to get terry, but terry is 36 and is bad on defense.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:03 PM
id take any of them :)

Cal827
06-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Mayo is probably best here... he could potentially become the starting 2 with playing time. the others can start too, but they are gonna retire soon.. I don't think with any of these editions, the Knicks will be contenders next year. So I look to the future.

ManRam
06-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Not sure Mayo or Terry will take a MLE offer. Not sure I'd offer either more than that but I think some teams definitely will. Allen will go wherever he wants....regardless of money.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Mayo is probably best here... he could potentially become the starting 2 with playing time. the others can start too, but they are gonna retire soon.. I don't think with any of these editions, the Knicks will be contenders next year. So I look to the future.

what if they magically added nash, allen and odom, would they be contenders?

ive been into the knicks forum and some posters believe this is actually possible

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Id want allen, Justin you allens brother that you know that for a fact?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Not sure Mayo or Terry will take a MLE offer. Not sure I'd offer either more than that but I think some teams definitely will. Allen will go wherever he wants....regardless of money.

i believe the knicks only have the mini mle, so thats about 3 million

but im sure someone will enter this thread and say "they will take it if they want to win a ring"

Ilovetosuckdip
06-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Id want allen, Justin you allens brother that you know that for a fact?

why would he join the knicks for the mini mle, and possibly not exit the first round, when he can get the same money from the world champs, and have less pressure on him?

logic.com

Federal Reserve
06-23-2012, 10:08 PM
The Knicks will sign Nash, Mayo and possibly Odom, which will in turn open up an easy path to the championship.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 10:08 PM
The Knicks will sign Nash, Mayo and possibly Odom, which will in turn open up an easy path to the championship.

pass that over here

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:10 PM
why would he join the knicks for the mini mle, and possibly not exit the first round, when he can get the same money from the world champs, and have less pressure on him?

logic.com

we have the full MLE a lot closer to home a starting job.

ManRam
06-23-2012, 10:11 PM
i believe the knicks only have the mini mle, so thats about 3 million

but im sure someone will enter this thread and say "they will take it if they want to win a ring"

Yeah.I've had this debate a few times now. And I'm honestly not sure. If they use it before they re-sign Lin and Novak, most think they could use the full MLE. I'm not sure honestly how that all will work now under the new CBA.

Ilovetosuckdip

oh my:facepalm:

justinnum1

but they wont use the full mle, if they did it would put them into a hard cap situation, they will use the mini, thats if they wanted to add more players at the vet min

Ilovetosuckdip
06-23-2012, 10:12 PM

but alot further from a ring

the knicks won 1 playoff game in the last 20 years i believe?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-23-2012, 10:12 PM
but they wont use the full mle, if they did it would put them into a hard cap situation, they will use the mini.

they will sign nash,odom, and allen for the mini mle, and foodstamps

Federal Reserve
06-23-2012, 10:13 PM

I don't normally add people to my ignore list, but you are an exception. Next time you decide to post something...don't do it. Sit there, think about what you want to write, double-check your facts and then post.

Punk
06-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Allen easily. No thanks to Mayo, we already have JR and his streaky style.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-23-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't normally add people to my ignore list, but you are an exception. Next time you decide to post something...don't do it. Sit there, think about what you want to write, double-check your facts and then post.

im sorry, i meant 15 years

Ilovetosuckdip
06-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Allen easily. No thanks to Mayo, we already have JR and his streaky style.

before or after he opts out for more money?

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:18 PM
IF allen were to come for the MLE i think we would use it. You sign allen to MLE then use bird rights on novak and Lin. thats how we get the MLE, I for one dont know if we will do that but its a possiblity, Also when you have the money allen has he wants to start and maybe be close to home. dont think miami is def over NY

Cal827
06-23-2012, 10:19 PM

ive been into the knicks forum and some posters believe this is actually possible

You can't be serious....

:laugh: Never mind.

Well if they can get Nash and Odom, then I can understand Allen... but if I'm not mistaken, I think Nash has shortened his list to Toronto/Portland/Phoenix and NY only has the MLE to add talent and have to resign Lin... A lil unlikely though to say the least lol

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:19 PM
the 1 playoff win in 20 years is irrelevent. thats like saying if miami was in the same situation befere they got bron and bosh he wouldnt come because they have only won 1 playoff game in 20 years

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 10:20 PM
ive seen articles and insiders talking about allen has interest in miami, i have not seen where allen has interest in NY, if he wants another ring, the easy choice is miami imo.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Allen has intrest in ny would you like me to find you the link?

Knicks21
06-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Mayo to expensive, other two are possible.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:24 PM
that might be ban material?^

flatbush knicks
06-23-2012, 10:24 PM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/23/knicks.have.o.j.mayo.jason.terry.and.ray.allen.top .their.free.agency.wish.list

it appears that not only do their fans not know what a salary cap is, but their front office is also not aware that Terry, Mayo and Allen will not be coming to NY for 3 million a season, they want the full MLE, and then some
:facepalm: if your going to talk shyt atleast do it right with just one minor trade or letting novak walk we can use the full mle and bae

Knicks21
06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
ive seen articles and insiders talking about allen has interest in miami, i have not seen where allen has interest in NY, if he wants another ring, the easy choice is miami imo.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/211665895267893248

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 10:39 PM
https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/211665895267893248

good find, i stand corrected.

still think he would choose miami over Ny tho.

Master Mind
06-23-2012, 10:41 PM
pass that over here

LOL puff puff pass

DragonJaii
06-23-2012, 10:43 PM
op = knick troll?

Knicks21
06-23-2012, 10:47 PM
good find, i stand corrected.

still think he would choose miami over Ny tho.

In all likelihood he will choose Miami, its the smart thing to do at his point in his career, but you never know.

sharqstealth
06-23-2012, 11:03 PM
op = knick troll?

Yeah, trolls are really funny. They will go to the extent of making this kind of thread just to troll.

NYMetropolitans
06-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Jason Terry :drool:

sharqstealth
06-23-2012, 11:10 PM
In all likelihood he will choose Miami, its the smart thing to do at his point in his career, but you never know.

We don't know about Allen, but it could boil down to whether he wants to be Wade's backup or starting for the Knicks... I think the money and the role he'll be playing will matter more because he already had won a ring.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 11:19 PM
We don't know about Allen, but it could boil down to whether he wants to be Wade's backup or starting for the Knicks... I think the money and the role he'll be playing will matter more because he already had won a ring.

but i think the opportunity to play longer into the playoffs is more important than starting on the knicks...after all, he would be finishing games in miami

flatbush knicks
06-23-2012, 11:30 PM
who cares the knicks don't need allen dude is almost 40 and hasn't even had his surgery yet last thing we need is another b diddy situation again

Ill21
06-23-2012, 11:41 PM

That would be kind of hard seeing there is only 30 teams :)

NYKnicks4511
06-23-2012, 11:44 PM

Because you're new here, I'll just give you a heads up that there are a lot of ******** fans in every forum -- but given that the Knicks have one of the largest fan bases on PSD, the retardation is magnified.

However, I disagree with your post. Allen and Terry are feasible, with 3mil per. Mayo, not so much.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 11:46 PM
That would be kind of hard seeing there is only 30 teams :)

oops LOL
nfl mode i guess..

Losoway
06-24-2012, 01:22 AM
if the knicks can get mayo and allen omgg!!!!!! = HEAT VS KNICKS EAST CONFERENCE FINALS

Glen20
06-24-2012, 01:27 AM
if the knicks can get mayo and allen omgg!!!!!! = HEAT VS KNICKS EAST CONFERENCE FINALS

you're forgetting the bucks dude :facepalm:

Losoway
06-24-2012, 02:18 AM
you're forgetting the bucks dude :facepalm:

the bucks??? :eyebrow:

Glen20
06-24-2012, 02:20 AM
the bucks??? :eyebrow:

yes.

Evolution23
06-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Yeah.I've had this debate a few times now. And I'm honestly not sure. If they use it before they re-sign Lin and Novak, most think they could use the full MLE. I'm not sure honestly how that all will work now under the new CBA.

Knicks can sign Lin and Novak and then use 5 million for the MLE

Knicks21
06-24-2012, 02:35 AM
who cares the knicks don't need allen dude is almost 40 and hasn't even had his surgery yet last thing we need is another b diddy situation again

Allen had surgery last Wednesday.

flatbush knicks
06-24-2012, 02:37 AM
who cares allen is still old as shyt im goodunless he comes for vet min or bae:D

naps
06-24-2012, 03:12 AM

Not really. I mean he won't be able to log starting minutes and be effective at the same time at this stage of his career anyway. I am sure he's smart enough to realize that. And being the primary bench scorer on the world champs sound more attractive than starting for Knicks since most likely Allen won't make the Knicks a serious contender. But we really can't tell what's in his mind and what's his preferences are. So it will be interesting to see how things pan out with the likes of Allen, Odom, KG etc.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2012, 03:52 AM

did your feelings get hurt? You are on PSD, one of the worst if not the worst message board of all time. All of us here have to be half ******** to keep coming back to it.

Or are you of the myth that every thing revolves around NY?

cutiepie80
06-24-2012, 03:56 AM
The knicks need to draft a stud player and save some salary space........if they keep picking up high priced players they will have 6 people on the team. The Knicks are nowhere close to winnining a title. Bottom line.

Dankster
06-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Maybe Grunwald will pull off some magical trades/dumpoffs to make a run at one of these guys. OJ mayo would be #1 on my list. Perfect fit for this team, has good enough PG skills where he could start at the PG position if Lin were to get injured (knock on wood.)

The Knicks have been targeting Mayo for a couple years now. Hopefully they pull a move out of left field like they did last summer with Chandler.

Jint.
06-24-2012, 11:17 AM
OJ please

aztr0
06-24-2012, 11:33 AM

It appears you fail to realize what a wishlist is... I can wish for anything. Will I actually get what I wish for? :rolleyes:

JonnyBrav000
06-24-2012, 11:57 AM

Not only do you not know what trades are but you also made yourself look dumb. The Knicks can trade players to make cap room, ever thought of that??? Plus the Knicks do not have to keep Novak, they can decide to, it's nice that Lin and Novak were awarded their birds rights, because it gives us more options in Free agency this offseason. So yes we can look at guys like Mayo, Nash, Kidd, Allen etc and be serious about possibly signing guys like this to fill out the roster. So don't just hate blindly, use your logic before putting yourself out here on PSD to look foolish.

nicegoing
06-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Not sure if it's realistic to believe they can sign any of these players. They can all go to different contenders, and for more money.

BlinkManJan02
06-24-2012, 12:19 PM

If they did that I would definitely become a pretty big Knicks fan. I love Nash, he's my favorite player and I really want him to get a ring. Him and Amare back together would be awesome. I wish both were still on the Suns :(. Ray Allen would be awesome. I've never been one to bandwagon but I hope the Knicks make some good pickups and can be a top seed in the East.

I still love them but the Bucks are hopeless haha I need a new team in the East.

Kashmir13579
06-24-2012, 01:14 PM

The sad part is you're fooling most of PSD..

nolafan33
06-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Wishlist is a good way to put it.

JordansBulls
06-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Ray Allen helps them the most.

Blitzbolt
06-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Oj Mayo will cost around 5mill or more.

popo85
06-24-2012, 07:06 PM
They could use another set shooter Terry or Allen.

Ebbs
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Take Terry and will go after Mayo :P

BK-TY
06-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Sign Kidd and Odom... JR sees this and picks up his option... get either a big or point in the draft (best available at either position).

BSplaya2121
06-24-2012, 07:57 PM
My guess, is the front office will try and get Nash, if that fails, its one of Allen/Terry, Mayo will be too much (They could use the full mle if they dont resign novak i believe as well as the BAE). If that fails, it will be one of Kidd/Felton/Odom.

Thats just my opinion, but to be honest, any one of those guys on that list i just named will make this team better. So im just happy they won the arbitration case so that makes this thread relevant.

elizur
06-24-2012, 07:57 PM

Maybe, you should keep dumb thoughts to yourself

IndyRealist
06-24-2012, 10:06 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha! Priceless.

IndyRealist
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Not only do you not know what trades are but you also made yourself look dumb. The Knicks can trade players to make cap room, ever thought of that??? Plus the Knicks do not have to keep Novak, they can decide to, it's nice that Lin and Novak were awarded their birds rights, because it gives us more options in Free agency this offseason. So yes we can look at guys like Mayo, Nash, Kidd, Allen etc and be serious about possibly signing guys like this to fill out the roster. So don't just hate blindly, use your logic before putting yourself out here on PSD to look foolish.

The Knicks have 3 players earning $53M total next year. They also owe $1.6M to Renaldo Balkman, who they cut. And note that if JR Smith becomes a free agent they will be dangerously close to being UNDER the cap, which means they wouldn't get the MLE. But regardless of the cap, they have Shumpert, Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, and Jerome Jordan to trade for a grand total of $5M, in addition to the possible $6M of the MLE. That's not a lot of money to work with, or players that other teams might want (except Shumpert).

Guys like Mayo and Nash are unlikely to sign for the MLE, and Nash wants to get Phoenix a sign and trade so they can get assets back. Unless the Knicks are sending Melo back, any attempt to get Nash seems unlikely.

SluggeR
06-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Allen would be ideal, but I would take Brandon Rush or Delonte West if Allen is out of our price range.