PDA

View Full Version : What was the most memorable moment of the season for you?

29$JerZ
06-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Different fans will have different answers. Interested to see what others view as most memorable.

My most memorable moment was the whole Linsanity craze.
Never have witnessed something like that in any sport. Specifically his GW on Toronto and lighting up Dallas/Lakers.
Close second would be Melo hitting those 2 late impossible long 3's to carry the Knicks to a win over Chicago.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 07:50 PM
For me It was the knicks winning game 4, Melos 42 Amares 20 and 10 a sense of relief not getting swept. getting our first playoff win felt good

Cano4prez
06-23-2012, 07:52 PM
sig

TheWhiteMamba
06-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Down goes Rose! Down goes Rose!

Cal827
06-23-2012, 08:03 PM
As a Raptor fan... I gotta agree with that Linsanity buzzer-beating shot. I just remember the minute he got that shot up, saying that "that's in".

The Clippers G.1 Comeback was something else too.

HesterJordan23
06-23-2012, 08:04 PM
i choose to forget about roses injury...

but my favorite was the rose game winner over bucks i was so hyped

SaimuKala
06-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Bynums 3pt attempt

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 08:07 PM
miller just lighting it up in game 5, dagger after dagger, and miami winning their second nba championship. Oh and that guy lebron winning his first ring was pretty cool too

Rain 816
06-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Game 6 vs the celtics in Bos.....LEBRON WAS A MANBEAST that game

Mr_Jones
06-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Bynum becoming a douchebag

unleashthebeast
06-23-2012, 08:13 PM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/759/941/146660911_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Has to be the picture above. One of my favorite moments in sports in a long time

ManRam
06-23-2012, 08:16 PM
"It's about Damn TIME"!
Dwightmare
Linsanity will be memorable, for some right reasons and some wrong ones.
Amare punching things, and callers tweeters ****

Least memorable: the dunk contest. What a joke.

NYtilIdie
06-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Melo's big 3 against the Bulls.

SpaceJamJordans
06-23-2012, 08:19 PM
My favorite Blake Griffin dunking over the player I hate the most Pau Gasol twice

I can rest in peace

MiamiWadeCounty
06-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Different fans will have different answers. Interested to see what others view as most memorable.

My most memorable moment was the whole Linsanity craze.
Never have witnessed something like that in any sport. Specifically his GW on Toronto and lighting up Dallas/Lakers.
Close second would be Melo hitting those 2 late impossible long 3's to carry the Knicks to a win over Chicago.

"Tebowmania" was comparable.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 08:21 PM
VETO.......FOR BASKETBALL REASONS!!!!! :sad2:

TylerSL
06-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Mike Miller, Game 5 NBA Finals.

Waving the coach off after getting in foul trouble and continued to knock down 3 after 3. Miller is a big reason we won Game 5, that kind of effort.

Federal Reserve
06-23-2012, 08:24 PM
The day Mike D'antoni was fired was a day like no other.

DieHardCubFan
06-23-2012, 08:27 PM
When a certain someone went down and the Bulls chances were all of a sudden over.

TheNumber37
06-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Linsanity.

Melo's big game against the Bulls on Easter Sunday.

LionsFan..LOL
06-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Ben Gordon's outburst vs. Denver and subsequent disappearance.

JC_
06-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Game 6 vs the celtics in Bos.....LEBRON WAS A MANBEAST that game

This^

Game 4 against Indi when Wade completely snapped out of his funk.

Linsanity was pretty awesome.

Seeing the whole Heat team step up in the finals.

Bosh's champaigne facial.

pd7631
06-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Allen Iverson at game 6 against the Celtics.

NYMetros
06-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Probably that Twolves/Clippers game where Love hit the 3 at the buzzer. That was a good game. Looking back though I'm gonna remember this year for the Heat and LeBron's dominance in the postseason. Also, all the stupid people that called the WCF the "real" Finals.

Rivera
06-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Linsanity - that whole week

Game 2 boston v miami...rondo/refs

Game 6 boston v philly seeing AI again

Regular season game when orlando beat SA and dwight said he wanted to stay and it felt at the time orlando was righting the ship for a playoff run

Blake dunkin on Perk

Durants buzzer beaters against mavs, clinching shot at LA

Love 30 , 30

YashBoone
06-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Easily linsanity against the mavs.... Lin went off and that was jr smith first game also lighting it up.... That game winner against Toronto was priceless..

I jumped up turned on the light, woke my wife up then proceeded to jump ony bed and break the wood underneath....my wife was furious and I couldn't stop smiling. ....

This season was great tho.

Swashcuff
06-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Allen Iverson at game 6 against the Celtics.

Beat me to it. I single tear fell from my eye that night.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 09:18 PM
The day Mike D'antoni was fired was a day like no other.

LOL do you even remember the date? :p

For me, Durant and LeBron hugging. That's the future of the NBA right there.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Easily linsanity against the mavs.... Lin went off and that was jr smith first game also lighting it up.... That game winner against Toronto was priceless..

I jumped up turned on the light, woke my wife up then proceeded to jump ony bed and break the wood underneath....my wife was furious and I couldn't stop smiling. ....

This season was great tho.

i guess we owe it to Fisher?
Who got the lockout sorted out?

StarvingKnick22
06-23-2012, 09:23 PM
def LINSANITY BABY!

StarvingKnick22
06-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Down goes Rose! Down goes Rose!

thats kind of mest up but its kind of true :rolleyes:

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2012, 09:33 PM
For me personally, it was the Sixers winning game 7 against the Bulls.

Atmosphere in the building was crazy. Especially after the Sixers were freefalling at the end of the season, to see them win 7 playoff games was a nice surprise.

Yanks All Day
06-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Granger getting in LeBron's face after the open court foul. That kind of woke LeBron up a bit and put him in that "I'm the best player in the world- get out of my way" mode.

Cal827
06-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Oh one more... Javale Mcgee rushing back on defense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkKJvqMTbrA

:D Great Year!

D12 fan
06-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Miami beating NY in the playoffs so effortlessly.

Khri
06-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Sending Indiana back to their place.

Fnom11
06-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Aside from the obviously as a Heat fan, I have to say I don't think I'll ever forget Lebron's game 6 against the Celtics. It was one of the best performances I ever seen.

Westbrook's game 4 was pretty remarkable too.

SportsAndrew25
06-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Linsanity and being at Madison Square Garden to see the Knicks play.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 11:42 PM
for me the most SHOCKING moment was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiJoWXQ5sMw
it seriously just stunned me

sharqstealth
06-23-2012, 11:54 PM
1. Linsanity!
2. NBA Finals
3. CP3 and Lob City
4. SVG interview admitting Dwight wants him out, making Howard look like a fool.
5. D Rose injury (that was scary)

sharqstealth
06-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Miami beating NY in the playoffs so effortlessly.

Yeah. and 1 more, April 5,2012 Knicks so effortlessly beating Orlando after SVG made Dwight look like a fool. He really looked like a fool in that game. lol :D

avrpatsfan
06-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Easily Rondo's game 2 performance against the Heat... against the champions no less. I won't ever forget that game.

justinnum1
06-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Easily Rondo's game 2 performance against the Heat... against the champions no less. I won't ever forget that game.

rondo always kills us, cant think of another player, maybe durant, that kills miami as much as rondo and we have no answer for him

Dade County
06-24-2012, 01:23 AM
HEAT starting off the season with their new fast break offense, but then suddenly stopping because the players didn't have enough time to rest in between games ( shorten season )

Ny injuries
rose injury
OKC rise to the top of the west ... KD being unstoppable

The league being so fake, along with the media and some players... and NO one notices how the NBA is purely entertainment and scripted.

D12 fan
06-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Yeah. and 1 more, April 5,2012 Knicks so effortlessly beating Orlando after SVG made Dwight look like a fool. He really looked like a fool in that game. lol :D

U mad?lmao

apet8945
06-24-2012, 03:18 AM
For me, it was the Clippers scoring four 3 pointers in under a minute against OKC to close the half. Never seen anything quite like it before. For any of you who haven't seen it, its worth the watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjuJ8rDwmY

Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith(the commentators) go crazy when they steal the ball and hit the last one.

Clippersfan86
06-24-2012, 03:30 AM
For me, it was the Clippers scoring four 3 pointers in under a minute against OKC to close the half. Never seen anything quite like it before. For any of you who haven't seen it, its worth the watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjuJ8rDwmY

Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith(the commentators) go crazy when they steal the ball and hit the last one.

Clippers in general had some pretty incredible moments. That one you posted, largest comeback in NBA playoff history in game 1, Griffin's dunk on Perkins.

NBAFan2012
06-24-2012, 04:47 AM
The fact that every other poster on this board is now a Miami fan and has either a Heat avatar or Sig.

The Clippers game 1 comeback.

The Clippers eliminating the Grizzlies when everyone thought they were going to lose, lose easily I might add.

The Linsanity thing and how he scored a gazillion against The Lakers.

The Rose Injury.

The Dwight Injury.

Lebron James Game 6 against Boston because we will one day look back and see that was his best SHOOTING performance ever. Never again will he make jumpers like he did that day. It will probably end up being his most efficient game EVER as far as jumpshots go.

Lebron James winning a title.

Kevin Durant crying.

Theme, grown men wearing those nerd glasses to make some kind of fashion statement when they look ridiculous.

The Fans whining and crying about The Clippers and flopping after every game of theirs.

The Clippers arriving.

The Lakers proving what I said all season and getting ousted early.

The Lakers going to Andrew Bynum like if he is good, and the eventual demise of the franchise because they will keep trying to go to Andrew Bynum and making him the centerpiece of whatever it is they think he is able to be... the more the Lakers go to Bynum, the further down they will go. Book it.

The Spurs not winning a title, just like I said they wouldnt (EVERY YEAR) while getting bashed for saying they wouldnt. Since everyone went on the typical yearly cliche bandwagon Spurs statements "never count out the Spurs" "The Spurs will surprise alot of people" "I dont want to face The Spurs in the playoffs" "I see the Spurs taking it all" .......

The Chris Paul Veto.

The Hornets getting the number 1 pick.

Reggie Evans and Kenyon Martin and their bench carrying the Clippers to victories in the playoffs.

Derek Fisher being horrible for the Thunder in the playoffs.

James Harden being horrible for the Thunder in the playoffs.

The Thunder letting Lebron James and Wade get layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after dunk after dunk after dunk. Lebron or Wade would miss jumpers, The Thunder would capitalize and take leads when they would shoot Jumpers. Then The Heat would just go on a 10-0 run off layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after dunk and never look back.

Glen20
06-24-2012, 04:48 AM
The fact that every other poster on this board is now a Miami fan and has either a Heat avatar or Sig.

The Clippers game 1 comeback.

The Clippers eliminating the Grizzlies when everyone thought they were going to lose, lose easily I might add.

The Linsanity thing and how he scored a gazillion against The Lakers.

The Rose Injury.

The Dwight Injury.

Lebron James Game 6 against Boston because we will one day look back and see that was his best SHOOTING performance ever. Never again will he make jumpers like he did that day. It will probably end up being his most efficient game EVER as far as jumpshots go.

Lebron James winning a title.

Kevin Durant crying.

Theme, grown men wearing those nerd glasses to make some kind of fashion statement when they look ridiculous.

The Fans whining and crying about The Clippers and flying after every game of theirs.

The Clippers arriving.

The Lakers proving what I said all season and getting ousted early.

The Lakers going to Andrew Bynum like if he is good, and the eventual demise of the franchise because they will keep trying to go to Andrew Bynum and making him the centerpiece of whatever it is they think he is able to be... the more the Lakers go to Bynum, the further down they will go. Book it.

The Spurs not winning a title, just like I said they wouldnt (EVERY YEAR) while getting bashed for saying they wouldnt. Since everyone went on the typical yearly cliche bandwagon Spurs statements "never count out the Spurs" "The Spurs will surprise alot of people" "I dont want to face The Spurs in the playoffs" "I see the Spurs taking it all" .......

The Chris Paul Veto.

The Hornets getting the number 1 pick.

Reggie Evans and Kenyon Martin and their bench carrying the Clippers to victories in the playoffs.

Derek Fisher being horrible for the Thunder in the playoffs.

James Harden being horrible for the Thunder in the playoffs.

The Thunder letting Lebron James and Wade get layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after dunk after dunk after dunk. Lebron or Wade would miss jumpers, The Thunder would capitalize and take leads when they would shoot Jumpers. Then The Heat would just go on a 10-0 run off layup after layup after layup after layup after layup after dunk and never look back.

damn you got good memory son

LakersMaster24
06-24-2012, 05:08 AM
The veto :pity:

Glen20
06-24-2012, 05:08 AM
The veto :pity:

load of crap

Knicks21
06-24-2012, 05:35 AM
When the Bulls came to NY and Melo went HAM.

sharqstealth
06-24-2012, 05:45 AM
U mad?lmao

Oh yeah I was really mad Dwight was made to look like a fool! lol! How about you u mad D12 fan?

Jarvo
06-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Spurs sweeping clippers :laugh:
Duncan blocking Griffin.
Iverson going back to Philly :(
And Lebron getting his ****ing ring!

waveycrockett
06-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Stern's Veto!