PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals ratings second-best ever on ABC

JordansBulls
06-23-2012, 07:17 PM
http://newsok.com/nba-finals-ratings-second-best-ever-on-abc/article/3686804?custom_click=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Newsok%2FSports%2FThunder+%28 NewsOK.com+RSS+-+sports+%3E%3E+thunder%29

The 2012 NBA Finals generated the most-watched and highest-rated five-game average for The Finals since 2004 and the second most-watched in ABC history, according to Nielsen.

The Finals averaged 16.9 million viewers and 11.6 million household impressions, up 5 percent from 16.1 million viewers and 11.1 million household impressions last year (Heat vs. Mavericks). The series got a 10.1 household rating, up 6 percent compared to a 9.6 last year through five games.

Thursday’s Game 5 broadcast delivered a 10.9 rating, 18.5 million viewers and 12.5 million household impressions, up 1 percent from Game 5 last year. Miami set a market record for an NBA game with a 40.3 rating. Oklahoma City had its lowest rating of the series, 39.8, well off its record 49.1 for Game 4. Tulsa got a 29.4, which tied its series best.

For comparison purposes, KOCO-5’s rating for last year’s Bedlam football game was 45.0.

For the series, the top 10 local markets were Oklahoma City, 43.8; Miami, 33.1; Tulsa, 26.9; West Palm Beach, 20.1; Cleveland, 17.4; Memphis, 15.9; New Orleans, 14.4;. Atlanta, 14.2; Chicago, 14.1; and San Antonio, 14.0.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 07:18 PM
NY said **** the finals baseball is on :D Nah it was an exicting series, all the games minus game 5 were amazing.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Putting the NBA back on NBC= instant ratings boost.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Putting the NBA back on NBC= instant ratings boost.

Yup, and Bob Costas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike Breen.

LOOTERX9
06-23-2012, 07:29 PM
NY said **** the finals baseball is on :D Nah it was an exicting series, all the games minus game 5 were amazing.

nba finals outrated local ny baseball games in ny market

JNA17
06-23-2012, 07:30 PM
**** ABC. Seriously I hate that channel. Why the hell cant the NBA be back on NBC anymore?

LGhost
06-23-2012, 07:32 PM
I guess that means the Heat are a lock for next year as well

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 07:38 PM
**** ABC. Seriously I hate that channel. Why the hell cant the NBA be back on NBC anymore?

ESPN, ABC, David Stern, LeBron James news 24/7 (no offense Heat fans, it's the truth) all go hand in hand.

NBC would never just promote one players like ESPN/ABC would. NBC top executive Dick Ebersol knew how to promote the game. He knew how to promote the NBA's biggest star MJ, but he also did a good job in promoting the other stars as well and it wasn't just about MJ.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 07:40 PM
nba finals outrated local ny baseball games in ny market

Lol If it was NBA finals VS Yankees playoffs who do you thinks going to win in NY ;)

LOOTERX9
06-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Lol If it was NBA finals VS Yankees playoffs who do you thinks going to win in NY ;)

Depends on if the knicks are in the finals in ny market. Imagine knicks vs lakers in finals. While yankees play nationals in world series. I think the knick game would out rate yankees cause yanks are old news nowadays. Pretty boring actually. Lots of latinos would watch the baseball mostly

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Depends on if the knicks are in the finals in ny market

Talking about right now thunder vs heat lets say the finals were in oct, and yanks were in the playoffs Baseball would get the attention,Hell even if the yankees and knicks were both in the championship it would be split

LOOTERX9
06-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Talking about right now thunder vs heat lets say the finals were in oct, and yanks were in the playoffs Baseball would get the attention,Hell even if the yankees and knicks were both in the championship it would be split

umm the tv ratings would be more for knicks in finals in NY. Hell I can't even talk baseball with most my friends cause they don't like the sport. But they know basketball and football. It's not cool to be a front running yankee fan like it use to be in 90's and early 2000's. Yanks are played out now. And no roids = lame players

JNA17
06-23-2012, 08:04 PM
ESPN, ABC, David Stern, LeBron James news 24/7 (no offense Heat fans, it's the truth) all go hand in hand.

NBC would never just promote one players like ESPN/ABC would. NBC top executive Dick Ebersol knew how to promote the game. He knew how to promote the NBA's biggest star MJ, but he also did a good job in promoting the other stars as well and it wasn't just about MJ.

That and NBC has the catchy theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGJorWcWhuA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I mean look at that freaking intro! Thats how you start off a show! Or a basketball game in this case.

Replace that ABC trash with NBC and their introductions, Replace that tool Mike Breen with Marv Albert and your golden!

effen5
06-23-2012, 08:06 PM

nba on nbc theme song > ALL

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 08:07 PM
umm the tv ratings would be more for knicks in finals in NY. Hell I can't even talk baseball with most my friends cause they don't like the sport. But they know basketball and football. It's not cool to be a front running yankee fan like it use to be in 90's and early 2000's. Yanks are played out now. And no roids = lame players

I dont know man, Once the yankees get to the world series the frontrunners come out stong lol I guess your right I know i would be turning the chanel back and forth all night

NYKnicksAllDay
06-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Roundball Rock would make ABC's broadcasts 1000000x better. If only they could use it.

JNA17
06-23-2012, 08:09 PM
nba on nbc theme song > ALL

**** yeah!

And who's bright idea was it to have that tool Mike Breen covering the finals? He sucks as a Knicks announcer and he sucks as a ABC announcer. The only time he's good is when he says "BANG!". Then he just goes silent for the whole time like an idiot.

JNA17
06-23-2012, 08:15 PM
I dont know man, Once the yankees get to the world series the frontrunners come out stong lol I guess your right I know i would be turning the chanel back and forth all night

Why? Baseball overall as a sport is boring enough as it is today. Now imagine a team like the yankees who have the most championships in that sport that win it almost every decade AT LEAST ONCE. Knicks Havn't won anything since when? 1970 something?

Theres much more basketball fans today, and as a result, I would not only imagine rating wise the Knicks out doing the yankees in their respective championship ratings wise, but CRUSHINGLY destroy the yankees ratings wise if the Knicks made it to the NBA finals.

Hell, I would go as far to say that the knicks vs heat EC finals would get more views then yanks world series today.

LOOTERX9
06-23-2012, 08:15 PM

yeah and remember all the front running lin fans that would watch knicks in finals in ny. But we'll never find out

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 08:22 PM

I mean look at that freaking intro! Thats how you start off a show! Or a basketball game in this case.

Replace that ABC trash with NBC and their introductions, Replace that tool Mike Breen with Marv Albert and your golden!
Love live the guy that came up with the theme for Roundall Rock.

Mr. John Tesh!

Here's one with Michael, Larry and Magic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQdOJUeCG8A&feature=relmfu

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Why? Baseball overall as a sport is boring enough as it is today. Now imagine a team like the yankees who have the most championships in that sport that win it almost every decade AT LEAST ONCE. Knicks Havn't won anything since when? 1970 something?

Theres much more basketball fans today, and as a result, I would not only imagine rating wise the Knicks out doing the yankees in their respective championship ratings wise, but CRUSHINGLY destroy the yankees ratings wise if the Knicks made it to the NBA finals.

Hell, I would go as far to say that the knicks vs heat EC finals would get more views then yanks world series today.

I dont disagree, but In NY people still love there baseball,Plus frontrunners will be there. Knicks to me would be amazing, I would die happy if we could win it all. IN ny its Knicks>Giants>Yankees>Jets>mets

Rivera
06-23-2012, 08:25 PM
cleveland in the top5 poor cleveland

and look at the OKC fans representing at OKC and at Tulsa

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 08:41 PM
how bout them levels?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2012, 08:51 PM
What was number one?

BSplaya2121
06-23-2012, 08:58 PM

Absofreakinglutely.... great post. I watched it and got chills because it reminded me of all the epic playoff matchups Knicks/Pacers, Bulls/anybody, that guy was the best time to watch nba basketball.

Fnom11
06-23-2012, 11:20 PM
West Palm represent!