PDA

View Full Version : Second team?

Glen20
06-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Okay so i know Americans are diehard regional sports fans, but as a non American I was wondering if you guys followed a SECOND team as well.
Perhaps its in the other conference?

For me, it was Utah BEFORE they fired Sloan. Right now I'm trying to decide who I'll root for in '12-13.

What about you guys? (and girls :hide: )

StephenP
06-23-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm a diehard Mavs fan, but also root for my local team, the Hawks.

Teeboy1487
06-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Of course I'm a diehard Lakers fan, but the Bulls are my second team to root for. I don't follow them with as much loyalty as the lakers, but I watch their games when I'm not watching the Lakers.

TheIlladelph16
06-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Die hard Philly fan for all sports but I've also followed the Orlando Magic since T-Mac was on the team years ago.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 07:06 PM
im a big fan of coaching; so i guess whatever team Jerry Sloan goes to I'll follow.

ManRam
06-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't. I do tend to find myself rooting for teams rather strongly after my team gets outsted tho, but they tend to change from year to year. But I have no problem with people who are fans of multiple teams.

I do root for multiple teams in the MLB though.

SugeKnight
06-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I like LeBron, and was rooting for him to win, but im a Warriors fan 1st

IgglesFanInCO
06-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Im a nuggets fan over all and nothing can come close to that, but after that I think its more rooting for players I like, Duncan, Lebron, Billups, KG, Iguodala, etc and also rooting against players i dislike, CP3, Westbrook, Griffin etc.

In other sports I have multiple teams I root for though

Knowledge
06-23-2012, 07:26 PM
I root for the 76ers and only the 76ers as far as teams go. Thier are players that I like who I root for.

I always respected Lebron's game, though I never really rooted for him or the Cavs in Cleveland. Once he went to MIA and the hate came out in full force, when he did nothing illegal or immoral, I found myself rooting hard for him when my team wasn't against him. Other players I like seeing have success when they aren't playing the 76ers: Wade, Durant, Love, and Duncan. I like Rose too but he plays for Chicago.

Cubs Win
06-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I only really root for the Bulls. I don't consistently root for any team after them, I tend to find myself enjoying watching certain players moreso than teams outside of my Bulls.

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Okay so i know Americans are diehard regional sports fans, but as a non American I was wondering if you guys followed a SECOND team as well.
Perhaps its in the other conference?

For me, it was Utah BEFORE they fired Sloan. Right now I'm trying to decide who I'll root for in '12-13.

What about you guys? (and girls :hide: )

Sixers diehard.

But I live in NYC and I watch a lot of Knick and Nets games. I don't root for either team, but I just know more about them than I should and I sympathize for them when things go wrong. I also go to both Sixers games at MSG every year.

mdm692
06-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Die hard Suns fans but follow the Bulls since I used to live in Iowa. Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas etc.

Vinny642
06-23-2012, 08:41 PM
I like... love the Hornets, and my second team used to be the Magic, when they had Hedo-Lewis-Dwight, now i think it is a joke of an organization, I dislike Dwight alot, they fired a great coach, and its all confusing....

If I say Thunder is my second team, I will get a bunch of **** for it... but Durant is my favorite player in the league, and I love Serge and Westbrook, also Collison too.

topdog
06-23-2012, 08:46 PM
As a Minnesotan, I'm a Wolves fan no matter what they do.

I have become a casual Pacers fan over the last few years because of the players they have drafted/traded for. If/when those players are gone, I will likely seek a new team as I did when the Suns burnt out.

ManRam
06-23-2012, 08:52 PM
I like... love the Hornets, and my second team used to be the Magic, when they had Hedo-Lewis-Dwight, now i think it is a joke of an organization, I dislike Dwight alot, they fired a great coach, and its all confusing....

If I say Thunder is my second team, I will get a bunch of **** for it... but Durant is my favorite player in the league, and I love Serge and Westbrook, also Collison too.

Why do you say that? I feel like the Thunder became America's Second Favorite Team this year. A lot of people were rooting for them. No shame in that. They're quite likable.

Kinglorious
06-23-2012, 08:53 PM
The NBA and MLB are the only two major sports that I can actually cheer for another team other than my home city's. For baseball I decided a while back to go AL-NL-AL-NL-AL, et cetera... For basketball it's East-West-East-West-East...

Anyway, as this is in the NBA Forum, the Golden State Warriors are my "second team" and have been for nearly 13 years since I unwrapped NBA Live 2000 on Christmas Eve, 1999. I was allowed to open one present that night lol.

GSW haven't had a whole helluva lot of success, but it's in my brain (and my heart :p) to cheer for that squad.

Kutchie03
06-23-2012, 08:53 PM
I only really root for the Bulls. I don't consistently root for any team after them, I tend to find myself enjoying watching certain players moreso than teams outside of my Bulls.

I question how you even enjoyed watching the Bulls this past year.. so boring to watch.

Chacarron
06-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't root for a second team as much as I root for players I like, in particular Kemba and Bismack.

StarvingKnick22
06-23-2012, 08:57 PM
my second team would be the Seatle SuperSonics

Glen20
06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Im a nuggets fan over all and nothing can come close to that, but after that I think its more rooting for players I like, Duncan, Lebron, Billups, KG, Iguodala, etc and also rooting against players i dislike, CP3, Westbrook, Griffin etc.

In other sports I have multiple teams I root for though

how can you root for Durant and AGAINST westbrook? :p

Glen20
06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
I question how you even enjoyed watching the Bulls this past year.. so boring to watch.

it would suck to have someone of Drose's caliber on the bench...
trust me, the whole league was dying to see Rose back

Glen20
06-23-2012, 09:11 PM
As a Minnesotan, I'm a Wolves fan no matter what they do.

I have become a casual Pacers fan over the last few years because of the players they have drafted/traded for. If/when those players are gone, I will likely seek a new team as I did when the Suns burnt out.

i miss rooting for the suns. I still do occasionally but some of their players are so unrecognizable. I miss the Marion days.

IndyRealist
06-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Pacers (where I'm from), Rockets (where I am), and Spurs (because they're a great organization).

Dade County
06-23-2012, 10:24 PM
1. Miami
2. HEAT

I wanted the Magic to beat the Lakers when they played in the finals...

Go team florida

Cal827
06-23-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm a Raptor fan since I'm here in Toronto, but I also like watching Minnesota, Orlando (in the past, Dwight used to be one of my favorite players until this crap he's been pulling), and New Orleans.

DragonJaii
06-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Bulls only

ManRam
06-23-2012, 10:45 PM
1. Miami
2. HEAT

I wanted the Magic to beat the Lakers when they played in the finals...

Go team florida

I don't consider Miami/Orlando to be a serious rivalry. I know a lot of Magic fans (mostly not affiliated with this site) that hate the Heat..but I don't get it. The teams have never met in the playoffs or played a meaningful game really ever. People try to hype the state rivalry...but it's just so weak. When we're great, the Heat aren't. When the Heat are great, we aren't...

I really don't treat the Heat as serious rivals.

avrpatsfan
06-23-2012, 11:16 PM
I only root for the Celtics obviously, but a follow a few other teams.

I'm a big CU Buffs fan, so I follow the Bobcats, the Jazz, and the Clippers since Alec Burks, Cory Higgins, and Chauncey Billups plays for those teams.

I also follow the Nuggets as I live in Colorado.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 11:26 PM
I don't consider Miami/Orlando to be a serious rivalry. I know a lot of Magic fans (mostly not affiliated with this site) that hate the Heat..but I don't get it. The teams have never met in the playoffs or played a meaningful game really ever. People try to hype the state rivalry...but it's just so weak. When we're great, the Heat aren't. When the Heat are great, we aren't...

I really don't treat the Heat as serious rivals.

Orlando always gives us fits