PDA

View Full Version : Harden or Ibaka?

Roseb4Hoes
06-23-2012, 03:58 PM
They cant keep both and expect to field a full team. Even tho both disappeared in the finals they will both get paid. Who should the Thunder keep?

Losoway
06-23-2012, 04:00 PM
harden..ibaka cant do anything on a offensive end but plays good defense

harden does both

NYG 2000
06-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Harden, ibaka can be replaced easily for the MLE, you obviously won't find someone as good as him for that price, but you will be able to find a solid defensive of for that price

Heck, and trade ibaba for a pick now, and sign garnett for 2 years for the mle, and end of story

Kenny
06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Too me it's Harden and it isn't even close. You will here all the analysts say you can't find guys 6-9 that can block shots etc... But Ibaka is a jump shooting big man that is a much better weak side defender then overall defender. The Thunder can easily replace both Perkins and Ibaka for what Perkins is making and what Ibaka is going to make.

Harden is a borderline all star that could be a #2 option to a championship team. Guys 22 and got much better every year.

Kyben36
06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
I would personaly keep Harden for value, but they need Ibaka, without him, their defense is awful, and they dont have any other bigs to really speak of.

Showtime Steve
06-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Harden. Much easier to find shot blocking C.

Phenomenonsense
06-23-2012, 04:37 PM
9th for Ibaka.

greg_ory_2005
06-23-2012, 04:38 PM
I'd keep Harden.

The Apprentice
06-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Harden is going to be a star in this league. They would regret letting him go more so than Ibaka.

JOSKOMANG4
06-23-2012, 04:45 PM
IF Dwight Howard agreed to an extenson, I would say Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson(S&T) to OKC for Harden, Ibaka, Perkins, & D.Cook.

THunder: Howard, Anderson, Durant, Sefolosha, Westbrook.
Magic: Perkins, Ibaka, J-Rich, Harden, Duhon/I.Smith.

flatbush knicks
06-23-2012, 04:49 PM
why can't they keep both unless ibaka demands a max also they could trade perkins to keep both

Eg714
06-23-2012, 04:50 PM
If I'm the thunder I get rid of harden. He has way more value and it will cost the thunder more to keep him. They Have plenty of scoring from westbrook and Durant. Eventually harden will want to be the man guy. Ibaka anchors the defense and will be cheaper to sign. I think they can add enough pieces to win the ship if they trade harden.

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I've been massacred on this site for my belief that certain types of people/players never win titles because of being to me first.

Guys like TO, Randy Moss, Amare, Melo, and I think Westbrook is one of those guys as well.

I'd keep Harden and Ibaka and get a real PG and not an arrogant shoot first PG.

bbcmillionaire
06-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Boozer and a 1st rounder next year for either one

Iron24th
06-23-2012, 05:15 PM
If I'm the thunder I get rid of harden. He has way more value and it will cost the thunder more to keep him. They Have plenty of scoring from westbrook and Durant. Eventually harden will want to be the man guy. Ibaka anchors the defense and will be cheaper to sign. I think they can add enough pieces to win the ship if they trade harden.

+1

Thanks

Reversed86Curse
06-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Ibaka

TopsyTurvy
06-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Easy decision - Ibaka.

He has size, a solid defensive base, and his mid-range jumper is improving. Size is a scarcity in the league - even more so on good players.

NYG 2000
06-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Harden is their genobili

COOLbeans
06-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Ibaka and its not close

Glen20
06-23-2012, 05:57 PM
i guess im in the minority that say get rid of Harden?
my reasons (very quickly) would be:
-can get more by trading him
-already have westbrook, durant and maynor
-every team needs a solid post defender

as i was writing that i became more unsure...

thekmp211
06-23-2012, 06:09 PM
easily ibaka

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Let harden go.

He's clearly the better player of the two, but you could tell during the finals his mind just wasn't in the right place. It was like he was already on his way out, and I don't think he wants to stay in OKC. He wants to be a #1 option (which i'm sure he's capable of) elsewhere.

Keep Ibaka. Contrary to what an above poster said, shot-blocking bigs with his size, IQ, midrange efficiency, and mobility, are NOT easy to come by in the NBA.

SteBO
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Keep Ibaka. It's the same principle as trading big for small. Harden is a really good player in this league, but as TopsyTurvy said above, size is a scarcity and without him, OKC's defense isn't that good. I say this as I call him an overrated defender, but the bottom line is that Harden is replaceable and if you know you can't keep both players, you'll have to trade one of them, and Harden brings the most value.

sunsfan88
06-23-2012, 06:38 PM
harden..ibaka cant do anything on a offensive end but plays good defense

harden does both

Umm Harden plays horrible defense...

Glen20
06-23-2012, 06:43 PM

dude, the beard :facepalm:

Jarvo
06-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Neither? I mean trade Harden for Value and find a better PF because both are overrated as hell and it finally showed.

Jarvo
06-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Harden is their genobili

:laugh: Ginobili > and it's not even close.

FrenchSunsFan
06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Ibaka

Baller1
06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Best shot blocker of the upcoming generation, or the most efficient guard in the league. Tough call. They'll keep both though.

llemon
06-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Keep Ibaka, trade Harden to a team with capspace and draft picks.

b@llhog24
06-23-2012, 07:12 PM
9th for Ibaka.

Needs another piece for this to work.

Let harden go.

He's clearly the better player of the two, but you could tell during the finals his mind just wasn't in the right place. It was like he was already on his way out, and I don't think he wants to stay in OKC. He wants to be a #1 option (which i'm sure he's capable of) elsewhere.

Keep Ibaka. Contrary to what an above poster said, shot-blocking bigs with his size, IQ, midrange efficiency, and mobility, are NOT easy to come by in the NBA.

At least he was getting mins while Ibaka was riding the pine.

:laugh: Ginobili > and it's not even close.

It is close, Gino is better but there is no need for hyperbole.

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2012, 07:17 PM

Harden's actually a solid defender.

I think you're basing this entirely on the finals where he was put on Lebron.

And let me remind you, no one can guard Lebron when he decides to take over.

He made Iggy (one of the leagues best perimeter defenders) look like a little boy when the were matched up one on one this year. Trust me, the guy is just too big, too fast, for an SF in this league.

cyph34
06-23-2012, 09:25 PM
What about instead keeping Harden but turning Westbrook/Ibaka into Bynum or Howard?

Then trade Perkins and a pick for a 4 man that can shoot like Ilyasova

Harden wants to be the man, but I don't believe Harden can be the franchise.

Maynor will start at point.

Maynor
Harden/Sefolosha
Durant
Ilyasova
Howard/Bynum

mzgrizz
06-24-2012, 12:07 AM
If I had to choose, I would let Harden go and keep Ibaka because Westbrook/Durant will give you enough points. They really need Ibaka's defensive set,
As a Grizzlies fan; ship away Ibaka and let the 3 duke it out. Works for me.

knicks4life33
06-24-2012, 12:50 AM
ibaka the guy was almost the dpoy and led the league in blocks and trade harden to the bobcats for the first pick .

jrm2054
06-24-2012, 01:09 AM
keep Ibaka trade Harden for 2nd pick

UPRock
06-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Harden.

Jarvo
06-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Needs another piece for this to work.

At least he was getting mins while Ibaka was riding the pine.

It is close, Gino is better but there is no need for hyperbole.

Maybe now because he is older, But no way I'll take Harden over Manu.

Cubby
06-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Better solution. Trade Westbrook for Rondo. Keep both.

arkanian215
06-24-2012, 08:35 AM
0a

Federal Reserve
06-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Why do people think Ibaka is a good defensive player? He's awful. The only thing he is capable of is getting blocks. But even then, he averages more goaltending calls than blocks. He jumps at everything and thus falls for every pump fake. He's as dumb on defense as Javale Mcgee is in everything. He has no value at all. He is a giant hole on offense and does more harm than good on defense.

LJEATON26
06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
I think it would be easier for the Thunder to replace Harden. Ibaka still has a pretty big ceiling on what he can do and he is already a defensive beast. But on the other hand I think the Thunder will get them both signed, so no worries.

thekmp211
06-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Why do people think Ibaka is a good defensive player? He's awful. The only thing he is capable of is getting blocks. But even then, he averages more goaltending calls than blocks. He jumps at everything and thus falls for every pump fake. He's as dumb on defense as Javale Mcgee is in everything. He has no value at all. He is a giant hole on offense and does more harm than good on defense.

huh

Baller1
06-24-2012, 01:19 PM

Well, you might as well have just typed nothing... Because this was as pointless as anything I've ever read.

D-Leethal
06-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Ibaka is the most overrated defender I have ever seen. Hes all flash no substance. Stats are nice, blocks are nice, but his defense is not that good. He sucks at guarding pick and rolls, doesn't box out or rebounds, and chases the ball all over the place and leaving the man he should be bodying up wide open for weakside dunks and put-backs. And his offense sucks.

Harden all day. Get rid of Ibaka for a mobile big who can score.

D-Leethal
06-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, you might as well have just typed nothing... Because this was as pointless as anything I've ever read.

I don't think hes that far off. His D is not that good at all and he can't rebound for ****. Chasing blocks all over the place exposes your defense. Same goes for guys who chase steals all over and than get beat.

poleandreel
06-24-2012, 01:29 PM
The ignorance in this thread is hilarious.

Harden is 21 ****ing years old, he's allowed the play poorly in one series. However, he did have a 22 point game in the finals sooo yea...he really didn't have his mind in the right place.

He mentions every game that he wants to stay in OKC. If you watched theend of the finals - when they were down 25 with like 1 minute left, he walked over to Durant and Westy and pulled thetogether like brothers and huddled for the rest of the game.

To the guy who says westbrook is me first - you're just ********. Contrary to what people believe, westbrook is one of the most humble and nice players in this league. He gets critisized for everything and never says anything about it or lets it affect his game. He is perfectly capable of averaging 10 apg, check out his 2nd year in the league...until they changed the gameplan and wanted him to be a scorer.

So guys like him will never win a championship? They made it to the finals, had a lead in the finals, were up 18 in another game, and blew 2 games...easily could have won the whole thing this year - but yea, a guy like him would never win. PLEASE STFU

And saying Ibaka and Harden were exposed, OH PLEASE, They are both 21 years old, The heat needed shane battier to shoot 90% on 3's in the series, harden and ibaka to be complete garbage and 3 games were still incredibly close.

THEY WILL KEEP BOTH. Stupid ****ing thread and ignorant NBA forum posters. I hate everyone who posts with absolutely no facts and a made up stupid opinion.

thekmp211
06-24-2012, 01:59 PM

Ibaka is the most overrated defender I have ever seen. Hes all flash no substance. Stats are nice, blocks are nice, but his defense is not that good. He sucks at guarding pick and rolls, doesn't box out or rebounds, and chases the ball all over the place and leaving the man he should be bodying up wide open for weakside dunks and put-backs. And his offense sucks.

i think i'll go with "people who only watched ibaka in the playoffs" for 1000 alex?

GOON MUSIC
06-24-2012, 02:07 PM
The ignorance in this thread is hilarious.

Harden is 21 ****ing years old, he's allowed the play poorly in one series. However, he did have a 22 point game in the finals sooo yea...he really didn't have his mind in the right place.

He mentions every game that he wants to stay in OKC. If you watched theend of the finals - when they were down 25 with like 1 minute left, he walked over to Durant and Westy and pulled thetogether like brothers and huddled for the rest of the game.

To the guy who says westbrook is me first - you're just ********. Contrary to what people believe, westbrook is one of the most humble and nice players in this league. He gets critisized for everything and never says anything about it or lets it affect his game. He is perfectly capable of averaging 10 apg, check out his 2nd year in the league...until they changed the gameplan and wanted him to be a scorer.

So guys like him will never win a championship? They made it to the finals, had a lead in the finals, were up 18 in another game, and blew 2 games...easily could have won the whole thing this year - but yea, a guy like him would never win. PLEASE STFU

And saying Ibaka and Harden were exposed, OH PLEASE, They are both 21 years old, The heat needed shane battier to shoot 90% on 3's in the series, harden and ibaka to be complete garbage and 3 games were still incredibly close.

THEY WILL KEEP BOTH. Stupid ****ing thread and ignorant NBA forum posters. I hate everyone who posts with absolutely no facts and a made up stupid opinion.

Man, sit yo *** down

StinkEye
06-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Harden for sure. Chris Andersen is a slightly poorer man's Ibaka. Great shot blocking doesn't necessarily mean great defence. I'm sure the Thunder could fill in the 4 slot with another solid big.

thekmp211
06-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Harden for sure. Chris Andersen is a slightly poorer man's Ibaka. Great shot blocking doesn't necessarily mean great defence. I'm sure the Thunder could fill in the 4 slot with another solid big.

christ.

D-Leethal
06-24-2012, 03:33 PM
i think i'll go with "people who only watched ibaka in the playoffs" for 1000 alex?

OKC is on National TV all the time and I think about 25 games during a playoff run is a pretty nice sample size to see how he plays defense. Defense is a routine you bring everynight. You can see hes not a very smart defender, overhelps from the weakside chasing the ball looking for blocks ala Josh Smith, doesn't have great 1 on 1 defense or post defense and can't rebound.

DR. Pepper
06-24-2012, 03:56 PM
I feel like they will somehow manage to keep both at the end of the day.. but if push comes to shove, they would be better off keeping harden unless a trade proposition comes up involving james harden that would better the thunder.. but if its harden or ibaka, i would keep harden.. he was the #3 pick in the draft 3 years ago and is only getting better offensively and defensively.. not to mention OKC wouldnt have even gotten past San Antonio without him

JasonJohnHorn
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
What they need to do is suck it up, pay the luxury tax and keep this team together.

b@llhog24
06-25-2012, 02:10 AM

Representing the good ole blue and orange. :flag:

Blazers23
06-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Keep both Ibaka and Harden and trade out of control Westbrook for a real PG. Look back at most of the playoff games and don't stop there go back to their regular season games and westbrook is way out of control and takes ill advised shots AND expects to get bailed out by simply falling to the floor. Ahh what's the NBA come to with all the flops? Harden had his tough moments but will be more valuable.

King41
06-25-2012, 10:10 AM
i would keep ibaka
and ship harden

thekmp211
06-25-2012, 11:56 AM
OKC is on National TV all the time and I think about 25 games during a playoff run is a pretty nice sample size to see how he plays defense. Defense is a routine you bring everynight. You can see hes not a very smart defender, overhelps from the weakside chasing the ball looking for blocks ala Josh Smith, doesn't have great 1 on 1 defense or post defense and can't rebound.

cool so you didn't watch them much.

of course. but when he is on he is elite. and he is more on than off.

Nikeman
06-25-2012, 12:03 PM
In my opinion, I think they want to keep Harden, but trade him off because he will command more money, (very close if not max), while Ibaka is worth about 10m a year. They can get some great pieces back for Harden as well.