PDA

View Full Version : Tim Lincecum's Daddy Comes To His Defense

metswon69
06-23-2012, 02:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/tim-lincecum-dad-says-san-francisco-crucifying-son-190911471--mlb.html

I just laugh because what does his dad expect his pitching poorly in a bigger market, that comes with the territory.

The funniest part to me is "He'll want to go away", Tim and his dad need to grow some thicker skin.

If he thinks the media attention there is bad he should play in Chicago, Philly, Boston, or New York.

Opinions?

BrunoPhilly14
06-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Lol, if he played in Philly he would have already been crucified. What a joke, that old man should just keep his mouth shut and let Timmy figure it out for himself. Hopefully he figures it out soon because he's been rotting away on my fantasy teams bench.lol

S.P.
06-23-2012, 02:41 PM
It must be difficult being the first the first superstar to ever have a bad season. /sarcasm

raidersrock99
06-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Well if he rips off 8-10 gOod starts everyone will forget about this bad half season

hugepatsfan
06-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Meh. He obviously doesn't understand how professional sports work, but he's jsut going to bat for his son. Not a big deal IMO.

metswon69
06-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I know parents get defensive over their kids but you would think from previous examples of parents defending their kids in the media that he would have totally avoided that route.

It just makes the player look bad for not fighting his own battles, it's a part of baseball to be criticized.

DodgerB24
06-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Well if he rips off 8-10 gOod starts everyone will forget about this bad half season

Not really.

Even if he went on a roll it would still be an average season.

VenezuelanMet
06-23-2012, 04:27 PM

How the hell is Upton winning on your sig? You americans have awful tastes ;)

Chalk up one vote for Keeley Hazell, she needs to come back.

leftymo
06-23-2012, 05:29 PM
When Tim's going wrong, it's mostly mechanical... this year it's a combination of mental and physical (loss of weight this off-season), but his father has always been the one to correct the ship.

So their relationship is a little different than most if not all starting pitchers in the majors. Chris is also Tim's pitching coach.

I understand Chris's frustration with the media. Media in general are pretty bad. But its definitely worse in bigger east coast markets. (note: SF market isn't small, its bigger than Boston)

gmanthree15
06-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Teach son violent wind-up and release....check

son's career breaks down and ends because of said mechanics....check

be a douche and completely deflect any and all criticism...check

dodgerdave
06-24-2012, 02:09 AM
He needs to learn another pitch such as a sinker. There's been too much chatter about his decreased velocity. To be successful, you need to find other ways to get batters out aside from blowing them away with heaters.

Orel Hershiser, with a similar delivery and who had a filthy sinker, won 204 games without being able to throw well over 90 mph. So yes, it can be done.

giants73756
06-24-2012, 03:33 AM
I don't live in California so I don't know how bad exactly it's gotten for him, but for somebody who has been the worst pitcher in baseball this year it seems like he's still getting a lot of love.

His dad is just making himself look like a douche. He can't blame us if we get frustrated if we lose 9 of Timmy's starts in a row. We are well aware of what he has done for the franchise, so he has gotten a ****ton of slack from most real fans.

TrueYankee
06-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Oh please. The Giants are not winning games when Lincecum is pitching because on average he is giving up 6 runs per game. Not to mention, the Giants do not have the type of offense that can score 6,7+ runs a game.

Daddy Lincecum needs to stfu. His son definitely does not look like a "Cy young, all-star" or even a top 10 pitcher in the game right now.

No Fun League
06-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Yo Timmy Tim Pop! It's what have you done for me lately kind of a sport. Professional sports athletes and parents don't mix.

Pinstripe pride
06-25-2012, 08:19 AM

debateable

northsider
06-25-2012, 02:28 PM
LMAO what a ****ing clown.

"What more do you ****ing want"

Well Chris I am sure the City of SF and the Giants want your son to pitch better then garbage. Just cause you hit 30HR"s last year doesn't mean you get a pass for sucking the next year as it is a performance job and if you aren't performing then you aren't helping and thus a part of a problem.

He is getting a generous pass obviously cause he continues to go out and butcher starts. I am sure he will come around but, he's a big boy now Chris stop treating him like a little leaguer.

northsider
06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Teach son violent wind-up and release....check

son's career breaks down and ends because of said mechanics....check

be a douche and completely deflect any and all criticism...check

hahahahaha. This was funny cause you can tell he doesn't want it to come to the point where the articles and hate turns to him.

Jeffy25
06-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Parents of players should never say anything, on any level, to any part of the media.

Jeffy25
06-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Lincecum is currently only 10 earned runs shy of how many he gave up all year last year (56-66)

His K/BB has gotten worse 4 years in a row, he has lost some velocity, and he is clearly missing with his pitches.

Being a good pitcher is a lot mental too, and maybe Timmy doesn't have his confidence to go with his stuff, but it would be sad to see him continue to flail and not 'find it' again. Maybe this is his Adam Dunn season. Or maybe, like so many pitchers before him, he gave his best years early and he couldn't keep it up.

Wonder if he is wishing he had taken that long term offer now?