PDA

View Full Version : Potential Big Men for the Heat next season?

Houston_Heat
06-23-2012, 12:26 PM
I think that if Miller, Battier, and UD40 come back healthy next season, all the Heat really need is a starting center. Thinking the obvious of the Heat parting ways with Turiaf, Howard, and possibly Anthony, who are some potential starting centers?

Trace
06-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Chris Kaman, O'Neal etc

Maybe Greg Oden on a NBA min. if management has the confidence to fully rehabilitate him.

WadeKobe
06-23-2012, 12:30 PM
(1) Heat Forum
(2) Kevin Garnett

That's right... I said it.

/thread.

NYG 2000
06-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I think that if Miller, Battier, and UD40 come back healthy next season, all the Heat really need is a starting center. Thinking the obvious of the Heat parting ways with Turiaf, Howard, and possibly Anthony, who are some potential starting centers? Marcus Camby is pretty much the only big man I see taking the mini MLE

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Lol kevin garnett funny guy, Um camby would be a great fit

kjoke
06-23-2012, 12:35 PM
kevin garnett

NYG 2000
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM

They may not get him to, because I see Houston overpaying him this summer

WadeKobe
06-23-2012, 12:43 PM

The dude has already made more money than any other NBA player in basketball history, I believe. He's already considering retirement, which = 0 salary. Why not join Miami for an MLE and win another ring?

Seriously, I realize it is unlikely, but a man can dream. I called Big3 to Miami before the 2010 season began, a year before LeBron was a free agent. I can dream this might come true, too! :)

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 12:45 PM
only big guy i can see taking very little is camby, and also grab oden as a project.

kaman wants to get paid imo

AllAbout18
06-23-2012, 12:46 PM
anyone who thinks KG is even considering the Heat has no clue what they are talking about. period.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 12:48 PM
anyone who thinks KG is even considering the Heat has no clue what they are talking about. period.

I agree.

black1605
06-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Camby makes perfect sense. They would be scary with him in the middle.

Gibby
06-23-2012, 01:02 PM
there is no way kg joins the heat. he has too much pride and doesnt seem to like them.

NYG 2000
06-23-2012, 01:04 PM

This

Mile High Champ
06-23-2012, 01:05 PM

If this was the Camby of 5-7 years ago yes. Camby is a bench player at this point of his career. His defense is quite bad at this stage of the game and he can no longer protect the paint.

Gibby

saying they would be scary is going too far. he is 38 and has had injury issues for most of his career. I doubt he can give them much more than 20 mins a game. but he is probably the best option they have on FA list. they should however try to trade for a big man.

SteBO
It's interesting to think about, but KG would rather retire than come to Miami......it's either Boston, or he's done.

Gibby
06-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Spencer hawes is a better option than camby Imo.

WadeKobe
06-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Plain and simple, we don't "need" a big man, and I would be opposed to trading for a big man if that trade meant giving up anything that makes us strong.

Since the big3 have come together, we're the best team in the NBA at defending the rim (57.8% oFG at rim), and we just won by playing unconventional lineups which took the other team's big men out of the game defensively.

As long as we retain strong Forwards who can shoot and rebound, Bosh will be our center. This was the plan all along, it was simply a matter of getting Bosh to buy in.

TylerSL
06-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Aaron Gray, Robin Lopez, Spencer Hawes, and Nazr Mohammed are all guys I would take a look at. I would also see if Oden would take a minimum and become a project C like Curry.

TylerSL
06-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Plain and simple, we don't "need" a big man, and I would be opposed to trading for a big man if that trade meant giving up anything that makes us strong.

Since the big3 have come together, we're the best team in the NBA at defending the rim (57.8% oFG at rim), and we just won by playing unconventional lineups which took the other team's big men out of the game defensively.

As long as we retain strong Forwards who can shoot and rebound, Bosh will be our center. This was the plan all along, it was simply a matter of getting Bosh to buy in.

while yes, Bosh a C is something that works, but even so, this team needs another big man. Lebron/Battier IMO have to spend too much effort down low, where as a guy like Aaron Gray doesnt have to start, but can come in and give the team length. Having somebody like Gray would also allow Lebron/Battier to play to their positions more. Our only bigs we have that can do anything are Bosh/Haslem. We have to put Lebron/Battier out of position, which they can do, but IMO not the best idea long term. Alongside Bosh/Haslem we have

Joel
Turriaf
Pittman
Howard
Curry

which isnt going to cut it...

koetravis
06-23-2012, 01:27 PM

But I think that if OKC bigs coulda made a bucket or two in the paint, it would have a been a different story.

Gibby
06-23-2012, 01:28 PM

going small worked against the thunder but it wont work against all teams. they atleast need the option to go big. i dont think anyone said trade anyone significant but they need size. If they could get some of FA mentioned here for vet min, then whats the harm.

bucketss
06-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Chris Kaman, O'Neal etc

Maybe Greg Oden on a NBA min. if management has the confidence to fully rehabilitate him.

every off season there are rumours of some kind of oden return, i really do believe he's done

mvb815
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
i'd take camby just for the rebounding factor, he couldn't play a full game, but in the time he's in he would take a lot of the rebounding stress off lebron and bosh

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Get Charles Barkley and Karl Malone for their ring.

akesh99
06-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Aaron Gray would be a great pickup but he'll most likely be returning to the Raps. What about guys like Pryzbilla or Mahinmi? Maybe even a guy like Ben Wallace can postpone retirement for a year to play as a 3rd string big?

beasted86
06-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Haven't you guys learned anything watching Miami win the championship this year? I thought this was made crystal clear by the HEAT supposedly not having enough size to combat Perkins and Ibaka and keep them off the boards... yet that's EXACTLY what Miami did.

Playing small is Miami's strength as far as I'm concerned. Gives them a ton of versatility and quickness on defense. I'd like to add Odom if possible, and I'm sure Wade and Riley will make the pitch come July 1st assuming Dallas waives him next week.

beasted86
06-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Somebody gets it.

I'll add anyone who thinks KG is even consider the $3M or $5M MLE has no clue what they are talking about either.

IIISSKiLL
06-23-2012, 02:03 PM
i think dallas lets haywood go and miami offers a vet min

NYG 2000
06-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Chris Kaman, O'Neal etc

every off season there are rumours of some kind of oden return, i really do believe he's done

If he seriously thinks than anyone one of those players outside of O'Neal is taking the heats mini MLE, then he's crazy

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
miami needs a big that is a 2 way player and a guy that defenses have to defend. im sick and tired of watching defense help off our center, which is why bosh at center an battier at PF worked so well.

Iron24th
06-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Chris Kaman

Romo2Bryant
06-23-2012, 02:32 PM
What about Antwan Jamison? He probably wants to get paid(who doesn't), but I could definitely see him consider signing with the Heat. He would help James and Wade space out the floor. If they are looking to sign a center, then I could see them going after A. Gray, Kaman, and possibly Oden.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 02:39 PM
What about Antwan Jamison? He probably wants to get paid(who doesn't), but I could definitely see him consider signing with the Heat. He would help James and Wade space out the floor. If they are looking to sign a center, then I could see them going after A. Gray, Kaman, and possibly Oden.

is his defense any good?

NYG 2000
06-23-2012, 02:46 PM

is his defense any good?

Below average, but he is a good scorer

beasted86
06-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Below average, but he is a good scorer

You don't get play time under Spoelstra with below average defense.

It's the reason Eddy House was cut for a rookie Terrel Harris. Why James Jones and Miller get a lot less play time than Battier.

Romo2Bryant
06-23-2012, 02:54 PM
You don't get play time under Spoelstra with below average defense.

It's the reason Eddy House was cut for a rookie Terrel Harris. Why James Jones and Miller get a lot less play time than Battier.

Good point. I could see them drafting a defensive big in the draft.

b@llhog24
06-23-2012, 02:56 PM
If this was the Camby of 5-7 years ago yes. Camby is a bench player at this point of his career. His defense is quite bad at this stage of the game and he can no longer protect the paint.

He rebounds and he's better than Joel.

Btw Heat Forum.

Gibby
06-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Haven't you guys learned anything watching Miami win the championship this year? I thought this was made crystal clear by the HEAT supposedly not having enough size to combat Perkins and Ibaka and keep them off the boards... yet that's EXACTLY what Miami did.

Playing small is Miami's strength as far as I'm concerned. Gives them a ton of versatility and quickness on defense. I'd like to add Odom if possible, and I'm sure Wade and Riley will make the pitch come July 1st assuming Dallas waives him next week.

ibaka and perkins didnt hurt the heat because there not offensive threats. Not every opponent is going to be the same. whats wrong with having the option of going big, if you still have the option of going small.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 03:30 PM
ibaka and perkins didnt hurt the heat because there not offensive threats. Not every opponent is going to be the same. whats wrong with having the option of going big, if you still have the option of going small.

I agree, thunder didnt have the personel to hurt miami down low

cyph34
06-23-2012, 03:33 PM
no offense but how about REGGIE EVANS! Defense, toughness, rebounding.

Lord Leoshes
06-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Dalembert
Camby
L Odom

I do not want to see our 3mill go to a defensively challenged PG/SG.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 06:57 PM
**** dalembert