PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons "LeBron Makes LeLeap"

Dade County
06-23-2012, 11:53 AM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8085525/lebron-makes-leap

Just know the situation was resolved organically, much like it was during the 2008 Olympics, when Spain was closing in and Kobe said I got this, followed by everyone else letting him have it. That's just how basketball works. You can't have two guys saying "I got this." Miami figured that out a year late. And if Wade hadn't tweaked his knee, maybe they never would have.

I think this is so true.... people forgot that Wade doesn't play like Wade if he is hurt.

He will shine next year, and maybe the HEAT can still win titles if both of them are on their A game.

This has taught Wade how to really step back, Now the HEAT can actually play to together, and finally realize their full potential next year.

Wade will show the world again.

YOLO
06-23-2012, 11:56 AM
wade will be trash next year, sig it. his physical dropoff will begin.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Wade will not be trash but he will go down slightly, And it would be intresting to see two players fight over the ball to see who really "got this" :P

SteBO
06-23-2012, 12:38 PM
If you can't clearly see that he was simply injured, then I don't know what to tell you.....

WadeKobe
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM

(1) YOLO? Give me a break.

(2) Trash? Good luck with that. He was 3rd in the NBA in Adjusted PER this year and second in Net PER, with a significant lead over Kevin Durant. He was third in 82games "Simple Rating", again with a significant lead over Durant.

The fact is that, when healthy, Wade still produces at a level only LeBron surpasses.

It is one thing to say the physical decline will begin (I agree). It is another to say he'll be trash.

Just to put it into perspective for people...

This year, when Wade was hobbled by an injury all playoffs long and was so "average"... he still produced at a level equivalent to Kobe's career playoff level, with a PER of 22.0, and WS/48 of .165. That's right, his playoff production level while injured, is as good as Kobe's production throughout Kobe's first 3 rings!!

So, the idea that Wade is suddenly going to become trash next year is so far removed from reality that it is utterly nonsensical.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 12:42 PM
last time wade came off an injured year was 2009 and we all saw what happened in 2009. I love when people doubt wade, makes him want it even more.

Gibby
06-23-2012, 01:20 PM
obviously wade is not wade of 06 but he is better than what he showed most this playoffs. dude had his knee drained, he will be better. he has learned to defer and if he learns to rest, his decline wont be as great as most people think.

WadeKobe
06-23-2012, 01:34 PM
The whole "Wade decline" narrative which has been pushed off and on all year, culminating during Pacer series (right before Wade blew up and scored 99 points in the last 3 games...) is nothing more than the general public's next attempt to hate the Heat.

Last year LeBron was the villain. He couldn't win a championship by himself, he needed to come to Miami so "Batman" could win him a championship. Wade was clutch, LeBron was not. Wade knew how to "get it done", LeBron did not. In the end, Wade had an amazing Finals and proved he's a champion while LeChoke faded in the 4th and cost Miami a championship.

Year 2? Wade gets injured and LeBron cruises in his absence. LeBron is the clear-cut MVP pick all year, so, since it is impossible to hate on him without looking foolish, every hating gaze turned their attention to Dwyane Wade, just like a lion stalking a heard targets the injured calf. Now, all the praise Wade has received the year before was out the window. He was declining, old, broken, and washed up. In fact, he'd never been that good, he was a flopping cry-baby who had his career handed to him by the referees. Miami would be better off trading him, and he'll certainly start falling apart next year.

It's just ridiculous. Doesn't anyone else see these narratives, and how false they are?

Wade is 30 years old, and just had his second season where he has missed significant time. He was also battling an injured knee throughout much of the playoffs. There can be no doubt he will start to decline. No doubt at all. Every star does around this age, just as Kobe did.

However, his decline will likely be a typical decline, not hitting any drastic peak until age 33 or 34.

The idea that somehow Kobe has declined but is still on top of the world, but once Wade declines he'll be "trash" is just such utter nonsense it is remarkable. Wade has outperformed Kobe at every stage of his career, and I wouldn't expect age 31 to be any different. No reason why he'll suddenly be drastically worse than Kobe was at age 31.

John Walls Era
06-23-2012, 02:06 PM

Why would anyone want a sig with your quote?

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Why would anyone want a sig with your quote?

lol, that guy will be banned by the time next season comes around, if he isnt already a dup

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 02:29 PM
The idea that somehow Kobe has declined but is still on top of the world, but once Wade declines he'll be "trash" is just such utter nonsense it is remarkable. Wade has outperformed Kobe at every stage of his career, and I wouldn't expect age 31 to be any different. No reason why he'll suddenly be drastically worse than Kobe was at age 31.

And you heard it here.

:laugh:

Stop it joka! (Stephen A. Smith voice)

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 02:32 PM
This year, when Wade was hobbled by an injury all playoffs long and was so "average"... he still produced at a level equivalent to Kobe's career playoff level, with a PER of 22.0, and WS/48 of .165. That's right, his playoff production level while injured, is as good as Kobe's production throughout Kobe's first 3 rings!!

:speechless: :faint:

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 02:34 PM
woah woah did he just imply wade>Kobe for career?

njnets
06-23-2012, 02:45 PM
i dont think wade will drop drastically next year, but i do wonder how many years he has left in the tank. between his knee, his style of play, and age, its gonna happen soon. the the question is when.

also, he really doesnt have a jumpshot like kobe or jordan developed later in their careers. that will also factor into his production as he gets older.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 02:48 PM
i dont think wade will drop drastically next year, but i do wonder how many years he has left in the tank. between his knee, his style of play, and age, its gonna happen soon. the the question is when.

also, he really doesnt have a jumpshot like kobe or jordan developed later in their careers. that will also factor into his production as he gets older.

Exactly, his jumpshot and gotten worse and worse since his days playing with Shaq. I thought he was going to be a pretty good jumpshooter as he showed some promise in the mid 2000s, but then he stopped working at it. I doubt he's going to work on his game anymore for the simple fact that he'll just add extra wear and tear to his already breaking down body and he's basically now spoiled since he has LeBron running the show for him.

WadeKobe
06-23-2012, 04:25 PM
And you heard it here.

:laugh:

Stop it joka! (Stephen A. Smith voice)

Look at every advanced stat line for their careers at the same age level. Do it. I dare you...

jiggin
06-23-2012, 04:37 PM
is their a Heat forum that this can be put in...

I know they won the title this year, but all these heat articles being posted don't need to go in the general NBA thread....they aren't related to anything but the Heat and they should go in the Heat Forum...thus why it exists.

Am I right mods? aren't these heat threads out of control in the main NBA forum?

want to stop all the hate and bickering? Hows about containing the Heat fans into their own forum to talk topics that are just Miami Heat related...? Sounds simple.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Look at every advanced stat line for their careers at the same age level. Do it. I dare you...

That's right, stats mean everything.

Tell Wade to learn to consistently hit a jumpshot and then come talk to me.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM

I know they won the title this year, but all these heat articles being posted don't need to go in the general NBA thread....they aren't related to anything but the Heat and they should go in the Heat Forum...thus why it exists.

Am I right mods? aren't these heat threads out of control in the main NBA forum?

want to stop all the hate and bickering? Hows about containing the Heat fans into their own forum to talk topics that are just Miami Heat related...? Sounds simple.

here is an idea, skip over the heat threads. problem solved. most fans responding in these threads are not even miami fans...

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM

Totally agree.

jiggin
06-23-2012, 05:24 PM
here is an idea, skip over the heat threads. problem solved. most fans responding in these threads are not even miami fans...

and most of these threads end up off topic and turn into arguments because of that.

Post the Heat specific threads in the Heat specific forum. Seems pretty simple to me.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 05:40 PM
and most of these threads end up off topic and turn into arguments because of that.

Post the Heat specific threads in the Heat specific forum. Seems pretty simple to me.

not really, heat just won the championship, expect plenty of threads about them till the draft

Glen20
06-23-2012, 06:00 PM
:speechless: :faint:

ignore him :facepalm:
advanced statistics don't show everything

nonetheless, wade is not going to regress in terms of overall production

Glen20
06-23-2012, 06:01 PM

ok so when you want to bait about one of our players, you come and post it in the Heat forum okay :)

Glen20
06-23-2012, 06:02 PM
wtf this wasn't even about wade...
although YOLO was obviously baiting and some of us obviously took the bait :laugh: