PDA

View Full Version : best 1 v 1 players at each position

JesusWears24
06-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Who are you are the best 1v1 players at each position?

PG: Deron Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Dirk Nowitski
C: Andrew Bynum

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 11:37 PM

:facepalm:

Couldn't find the facepalm fast enough.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:39 PM

PG: Rose
SG: Kobe
SF: Durant
PF: Dirk
C: Bynum

ichitownclowni
06-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Rose
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Bynum

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Rose If Healthy, Rondo
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Howard

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Rose If Healthy, Rondo
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Howard

howard does not scare me in the slightest

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:46 PM
if this is 1v1 on the offensive end, you gotta pick durant>lebron. But if its on both ends of the floor its obviously LeBron.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 11:47 PM
howard does not scare me in the slightest

I will take superior athlete Howard over Bynum any day of the week.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 11:48 PM
if this is 1v1 on the offensive end, you gotta pick durant>lebron. But if its on both ends of the floor its obviously LeBron.

1 on 1 usually means you play both offense and defense. That is the case in 100% of 1 on 1 games.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:51 PM
1 on 1 usually means you play both offense and defense. That is the case in 100% of 1 on 1 games.

oh ok i misinterpreted the question LOL

ok my refined list:
PG: Westbrook
SF: LeBron
C: Dwight

5ass
06-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Any1 that has bynum instead of howard should just give up on basketball and the nba.

ChitownBears22

ok my refined list:

That came across as dickish, wasn't supposed to be.

C-Style

Lebron can't stop Durant

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Its not so crazy to call melo a better one on one offesnive player then durant or Lebron

ChitownBears22
06-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Lebron can't stop Durant

The Finals says otherwise.

ChitownBears22
06-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Its not so crazy to call melo a better one on one offesnive player then durant or Lebron

To bad his defense is meh though. I think LeBron would just post up Carmelo and make him look like a child.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Lebron can't stop Durant

Durant can't stop anybody. Basketball is more than just scoring.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 12:12 AM

you're right. between those three, there's barely any gap.
My list in terms of offensive skill would be Melo, Durant and then Lebron.
But that list could change with one offseason's worth of work. That's how close it is.

RipCity32
06-23-2012, 12:12 AM
PF-Villenueva

RenegadeRiot36
06-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Call me crazy but i might just go with Kyrie at PG because to me he seems best suited to the stye of a 1v1 game. He may give up some on drives to Rose or Westbrook but he shoots better than either of them. Plus its almost easier to defend drives when its one person directly in front of you. People would be surprised of how polished a scorer he is (if the Cavs were ever on TV...) The craftiness is also there. If he had the freakish athleticism the others do it would be impossible to stop him.

Here is some of my reasoning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aPQtFvDbso

Kyrie Irving
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James(Tossup with KD, but LeBron can pretty much push him out of the way with 1 hand)
Dirk Nowitski
Andrew Bynum

Glen20
06-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Call me crazy but i might just go with Kyrie at PG because to me he seems best suited to the stye of a 1v1 game. He may give up some on drives to Rose or Westbrook but he shoots better than either of them. Plus its almost easier to defend drives when its one person directly in front of you. People would be surprised of how polished a scorer he is (if the Cavs were ever on TV...) The craftiness is also there. If he had the freakish athleticism the others do it would be impossible to stop him.

Here is some of my reasoning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aPQtFvDbso

Kyrie Irving
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James(Tossup with KD, but LeBron can pretty much push him out of the way with 1 hand)
Dirk Nowitski
Andrew Bynum

if these are street rules then im changing my list

JesusWears24
06-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Carmelo Anthony is one of the best 1 v1 players in the NBA.. he may not be the best defender like lebron but he is a decent one with a better offensive game. Also, Bynum is a better 1v1 player because he has better post moves compared to howards one dribble hook/dunk.

JesusWears24
06-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Deron williams is also a good option at pg as well.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 12:44 AM
To bad his defense is meh though. I think LeBron would just post up Carmelo and make him look like a child.

No doubt your right I forget defense plays a part. I was talking offesnively I think he can handle his own. Melo when he wants can play soild defense, it would be a close 1 on 1 I say Lebron 21-19 :P

D12 fan
06-23-2012, 12:48 AM
pg:Rose
sg:Kobe
sf:Lebron/Durant
pf:Amare lol
c:Dwight

JesusWears24
06-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Hey Mr Jones.. you like my sig?

BrickCity
06-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Pg westbrook
sg 24
sf bron
pf dirk
c d12

diu9leilomo
06-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Ai
vc
t-mac
kg
shaq

Teeboy1487
06-23-2012, 02:03 AM
In terms of offense and defense? I will go with that.

Anyway:

CP3
Kobe
Lebron
Kevin Love (first name that came to mind)
Dwight

b@llhog24
06-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Kyrie
Kobe
Melo
Gasol
Bynum.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 03:28 AM
In terms of offense and defense? I will go with that.

Anyway:

CP3
Kobe
Lebron
Kevin Love (first name that came to mind)
Dwight

didnt think about love
hows his defense?

meloman1592
06-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Deron
Kobe
Melo
Dirk
Bynum

Idk how one could argue this list. Deron's handle is ridiculous and he's built like a bowling ball...also deceptively quick. Kobe....need I say more. Melo is a better 1onn 1 player than both Durant and Lebron. Say what you will about his selfishness but his pump fake, footwork and array of moves is 2nd to none. Dirk is a knockdown shooter with the best fadeaway in the history of the game....did i mention he's 7'1 with a good handle? And Bynum was an easy pick over Dwight...his post game is well refined and is simply a load on the block.

goose14741
06-23-2012, 04:14 AM
ok, dont mind the typeoes, its 4am and my phone screen cracked so i wont see how bad i did til after i post.
pg. Rose by far. westbrook would be next. its about whose best 1 0n 1 and them 2 would get to the basket on every posession.
sg. no question kobe as he miight be the greatest 1 on 1 player of all time. if u put wade or harden over kobe then ur high.
sf. quite easily carmelo. durant is close but he is better off screens. nobody can create his shot better then melo tho. lebron after that since were talking 1 on 1 and he is a huge physical specimen. if were talking 1 on 1 on offense and defense then he takes the cake but assuming its just offensivley he comes in third with pierce right behind.
pf.if amare diddnt lose all athleticism within a matter of months it would be him. but you gotta give it to dirk. his touch at his height paired with his footwork will be legendary. a white 7 foot, slower kobe.
C. bynum. dwight isnt even close ppl i promise. if you know basketball then u can answer that for yourself. i have it being bynum, hibbert, all jefferson then dwight. duncan close behind.

goose14741
06-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Deron
Kobe
Melo
Dirk
Bynum

Idk how one could argue this list. Deron's handle is ridiculous and he's built like a bowling ball...also deceptively quick. Kobe....need I say more. Melo is a better 1onn 1 player than both Durant and Lebron. Say what you will about his selfishness but his pump fake, footwork and array of moves is 2nd to none. Dirk is a knockdown shooter with the best fadeaway in the history of the game....did i mention he's 7'1 with a good handle? And Bynum was an easy pick over Dwight...his post game is well refined and is simply a load on the block.
you are 100% correct except hes second to kobe you must admit haha

Teeboy1487
06-23-2012, 04:32 AM
didnt think about love
hows his defense?

I'm not really a good person to ask because I rarely see him play. The games the Lakers played against Minnesota, he was injured. I just know he is a damn good scorer and the best rebounder in the league. That's why I picked him. Maybe a better answer was Dirk considering his one on one ability to score on fadeaways.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Deron
Kobe
Melo
Dirk
Bynum

Idk how one could argue this list. Deron's handle is ridiculous and he's built like a bowling ball...also deceptively quick. Kobe....need I say more. Melo is a better 1onn 1 player than both Durant and Lebron. Say what you will about his selfishness but his pump fake, footwork and array of moves is 2nd to none. Dirk is a knockdown shooter with the best fadeaway in the history of the game....did i mention he's 7'1 with a good handle? And Bynum was an easy pick over Dwight...his post game is well refined and is simply a loado on the block.
you forgot that both your forwards actually play no defense whatsoever

MickeyMgl
06-23-2012, 04:46 AM
Lebron can't stop Durant

The Finals says otherwise.

Actually, with Durant averaging 31 points on 55% shooting, the Finals say exactly that.

DR_1
06-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Rose
Kobe
KD
Dirk
Howard

StarvingKnick22
06-23-2012, 09:51 AM
PG: Chris "The Knick" Paul
PF:Dirk Nowitzki
C- Dwight Howard

Glen20
06-23-2012, 09:52 AM
PG: Chris "The Knick" Paul
PF:Dirk Nowitzki
C- Dwight Howard

wait what??? :confused:

yaswaggin
06-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Durant and Lebron would destroy Melo one on one

I agree with deron at pg, close second is Westbrook since he's the quickest player in the league

Kobe at SG

Dirk one on one might win posting up and fading away lol

But my pick for pf is Lamarcus Aldridge

At center I have Dwight over Bynum since he would dominate Bynum defensively and on offense even with no post moves would back him down and dunk every time

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:03 AM
I agree with deron at pg, close second is Westbrook since he's the quickest player in the league

Kobe at SG

At center I have Dwight over Bynum since he would dominate Bynum defensively and on offense even with no post moves would back him down and dunk every time

Are you kidding? Melo is a better one on one player then both. His post abiltiy and moves, He can post up Durant all game, With lebron he has shown he can handle his own on offense against him, He would beat durant, And I think he would beat Lebron in a close game

koreancabbage
06-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Are you kidding? Melo is a better one on one player then both. His post abiltiy and moves, He can post up Durant all game, With lebron he has shown he can handle his own on offense against him, He would beat durant, And I think he would beat Lebron in a close game

maybe but Durant shouldn't be part of the question.

only time Durant plays defense is when he guards Lebron.

no coincidence that Miller and Battier went off in the Finals due to Durants unspectacular defence.

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:08 AM
maybe but Durant shouldn't be part of the question.

only time Durant plays defense is when he guards Lebron.

no coincidence that Miller and Battier went off in the Finals due to Durants unspectacular defence.

In a 1 on 1 I think his legnt would help him but he is still behind Bron and Melo In that aspect IMO

yaswaggin
06-23-2012, 10:09 AM

Kobe at SG

Durant is 7 foot tall, even thigh he's skinny melo won't back him down with ease

Also melo would get torched defensively

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Durant is 7 foot tall, even thigh he's skinny melo won't back him down with ease

He would still post him. What about durant defensivley he is in the same boat as melo in that catgo

yaswaggin
06-23-2012, 10:20 AM

He would still post him. What about durant defensivley he is in the same boat as melo in that catgo

Durant is a way better defender then melo

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:23 AM

Way better? what proof is there for that? melo is average when he wants to be, Durant is never known to be a good defender

yaswaggin
06-23-2012, 10:24 AM

Way better? what proof is there for that? melo is average when he wants to be, Durant is never known to be a good defender

The eye test

Durant is not close to elite defensively but he improved a lot watching him

While melo at times looks committed to play d, he is usually non responsive in playing that end of the floor

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:28 AM
The eye test

While melo at times looks committed to play d, he is usually non responsive in playing that end of the floor

Durant has improved correct, but melo since woodson took over played defense night in and night out. he was committed, he has a horrible rep defesneviley and wont get any reconigiton for improving on that side.

D12 fan
06-23-2012, 10:30 AM
In a 1 on 1 I think his legnt would help him but he is still behind Bron and Melo In that aspect IMO

WTF does legnt mean?

xxplayerxx23
06-23-2012, 10:31 AM
WTF is legnt mean?

we will talk about it in grammer class.

yaswaggin
06-23-2012, 10:43 AM
The eye test

Durant has improved correct, but melo since woodson took over played defense night in and night out. he was committed, he has a horrible rep defesneviley and wont get any reconigiton for improving on that side.

Fair point, you win lol

Ebbs
06-23-2012, 03:05 PM

ok my refined list:

This is the 5 I'd take as well.

Lebron can't stop Durant