PDA

View Full Version : OKC Thunder and Scott Brooks Far Apart On Contract Negotiations

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 09:41 PM
"Darnell Mayberry: There is growing speculation that the Thunder & coach Scott Brooks are far apart on a contract extension and the holdup could led to a split"

"The reality is that Brooks and his bosses, after months of talks, don't have a deal ... and time is running out. And sources say that the Thunder, just to be safe, have started brainstorming in-house about whom they plan to pursue should negotiations with Brooks collapse. Two names, according to sources, that have come up in those discussions: ESPN's Jeff Van Gundy and, yes, 11-ringed coaching free agent Phil Jackson."

-ESPN

69centers
06-22-2012, 09:43 PM
He had some questionable moves in the Finals, and maybe they would benefit from someone better anyway.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 09:47 PM
after seeing what Spo want through, i really want Brooks to succeed in OKC.

utl768
06-22-2012, 09:49 PM
brooks is a terrible coach

the thunder though would be scary good with phil

D2theJ
06-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Didnt he turn down 3 years 11 million? How much does he really expect to get you're a head coach, take the 3+ million a year and shut up.

MetroMan
06-22-2012, 09:51 PM
after seeing what Spo want through, i really want Brooks to succeed in OKC.

spo want through what?

Glen20
06-22-2012, 09:52 PM
spo want through what?

LOL my bad :laugh:
went*

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Funny thing is Clippers wanted Brooks... and he may very well be out of a job... but they just gave Vinny the year option SMH.

Cal827
06-22-2012, 10:11 PM
He lost to Eric ****ing Spolestra. For this, he should face the firing squad.

SteBO
06-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Such utter disrespect for Spo.....he's a much better coach than you guys are giving him credit for. He may not be the best motivator, but when it comes to game-to-game adjustments in the playoffs, he's proven himself.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Such utter disrespect for Spo.....he's a much better coach than you guys are giving him credit for. He may not be the best motivator, but when it comes to game-to-game adjustments in the playoffs, he's proven himself.

+1

brooks might hav screwed himself by turning down that deal

Cubby
06-22-2012, 10:20 PM

A lot of people expect utter domination with a team with that much star level talent. That's why.

Cubby
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
+1

brooks might hav screwed himself by turning down that deal

You put Spo in the same category as Pop in one post.

Cal827
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
:laugh: I'm just playing around with Spolestra... Del Negro is the worst coach out there right now.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:24 PM
A lot of people expect utter domination with a team with that much star level talent. That's why.

what was the finals series for you?
what was the knicks series?
what was the bulls series last year?

lakersrock
06-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Phil to OKC.

Trade Westbrook for a passing PF and start Harden as a pure passer isn't needed.

The triangle is setup perfectly.

Badluck33
06-22-2012, 10:27 PM
woa.

if OKC can't pay Brooks what he wants, why would Phil Jackson take a lesser offer?

Cubby
06-22-2012, 10:32 PM
what was the finals series for you?
what was the knicks series?
what was the bulls series last year?

Utter domination as in breaking past the 70 win mark, sweeping playoff series after playoff series, yeah... You guys never dominated in the Bulls series. Every game came down to the fourth quarter. Nearly every game against the Thunder was close as well. The only series you truly dominated was the Knicks series, so seriously shut up.

NYtilIdie
06-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Russell Westbrook would be ruined by the triangle offense.

knicks4life33
06-22-2012, 10:48 PM
brooks is a terrible coach

the thunder though would be scary good with phil

brooks is a terrible coach ? what are you talking bout? He is a great coach and every year his thunder have gotten farther in the playoffs . To me he looks like the perfect fit for okc. They just ran into a better team and the heat got a questionable call game 2 where durant got fouled.

lakersrock
06-22-2012, 10:48 PM
woa.

if OKC can't pay Brooks what he wants, why would Phil Jackson take a lesser offer?

They CAN pay him, but why pay him 5-6 mil when you can get the best ever for 10?

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Utter domination as in breaking past the 70 win mark, sweeping playoff series after playoff series, yeah... You guys never dominated in the Bulls series. Every game came down to the fourth quarter. Nearly every game against the Thunder was close as well. The only series you truly dominated was the Knicks series, so seriously shut up.

so i guess the showtime lakers or the 2000 lakers aren't dominant in ANY sense :eyebrow:

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 10:56 PM
They CAN pay him, but why pay him 5-6 mil when you can get the best ever for 10?

okc is not paying 10mil per year for a coach. they offered 3.6 per year for brooks, i would be shocked if they went over 5mil per year for a coach

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Phil to OKC.

Trade Westbrook for a passing PF and start Harden as a pure passer isn't needed.

The triangle is setup perfectly.
Wrong, you don't trade Westbrook. He reminds me of a young afro Kobe who clashed with Phil. Westbrook will clash with Phil much like young Kobe did, mark my words, but it'll bring the best out of everyone and help that team in the longrun.

TylerSL
06-22-2012, 11:03 PM

his, plus he is a leader. I find it even worse when it is Heat fans who rag on Spo. They dont truly know or understand the kind of coach we have. And that is a very good one.

TylerSL
06-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Brooks is that teams coach, Phil aint going to OKC. That team is Scott Brooks, a deal will get done, Brooks has proved he can coach that team. Before this series started, I thought Westbrook was bad for OKC and didnt work with Durant. After watching these guys in the playoffs, I can tell you I was wrong. Westbrook is a hell of a player, and has the attitude Durant doesnt, which makes them work well. Durant/Westbrook are a great 1,2 punch. Before these playoffs started, I thought Brooks was a bad coach. After watching the way he conducted himself and led the team, and the way he set OKC up in positions to win changed my mind. Brooks and Westbrook have changed my mind about them during the whole playoff run, and let me tell you, I think Brooks is the coach and Westbrook is the PG of the future for that team.

LJEATON26
06-22-2012, 11:07 PM
I wonder how much Sloan would cost?

Mr_Amaziing
06-22-2012, 11:18 PM
I would actually Love if Phil came to Okc. But if they decided to stay with Brooks then I guess that's koo too

D-Block21-Chito
06-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Man heat fans are so annoying... I have no respect for them. Especially Justin

LJEATON26
06-22-2012, 11:42 PM
brooks is a terrible coach ? what are you talking bout? He is a great coach and every year his thunder have gotten farther in the playoffs . To me he looks like the perfect fit for okc. They just ran into a better team and the heat got a questionable call game 2 where durant got fouled.

Brooks is an average coach with an extremely talented and incredibly put together team. He makes a shitload of bad decision when it comes to play calling and his substitution patterns. I think he was the perfect coach for the Thunder to grow with I just don't know if he is the guy that takes them to the next level.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 11:43 PM

It's an honor (http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Trollface_HD.png/618px-Trollface_HD.png)

Blazers#1Fan
06-22-2012, 11:51 PM
i heard portland wants brooks

drew_ellis_23
06-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Sloan is a more realistic choice for OKC, and I think he would be a great fit.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:55 PM

thanks cuz :)

LJEATON26
06-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Sloan is a more realistic choice for OKC, and I think he would be a great fit.

He needs his championship too, so he could give the Thunder a discount

Knicks21
06-23-2012, 12:04 AM

This wasnt the story against the celtics.

Baller1
06-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Sloan! Sloan! Sloan! :pray:

LJEATON26
06-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Sloan! Sloan! Sloan! :pray:

We have both agreed on that in the past.

Losoway
06-23-2012, 12:19 AM
if they give up scott brooks. they are crazy

phil jackson is not coming to the okc....he would not rival the lakers like that

Arch Stanton
06-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Scott Brooks did a good job bringing them to the finals. He's a young coach. Give him a chance. Last year Spo lost with the Heat and he was the scapegoat... Heck last series they wanted his head. OKC are better than they played in finals. If there is some issue with management I would hope it wouldn't do with the finals.

Vinny642
06-23-2012, 12:59 AM
They better keep the man

Glen20
06-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Scott Brooks did a good job bringing them to the finals. He's a young coach. Give him a chance. Last year Spo lost with the Heat and he was the scapegoat... Heck last series they wanted his head. OKC are better than they played in finals. If there is some issue with management I would hope it wouldn't do with the finals.

i really hope they keep him. He's going to prove people wrong next year.

Dade County
06-23-2012, 01:33 AM

But thats not in the script :confused:

If they could actually play to their potential, you'll get what you are asking for... Pure domination!

NBA = Entertainment

Tune in next year for the soap opera.