PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2012, 09:31 PM
With the end of "The Big Three," a great example of stars sacrificing for the good of a ring where do you think Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen end up back with the Celtics or on other teams?

The X
06-22-2012, 09:32 PM
KG back to celtics for sure

utl768
06-22-2012, 09:34 PM
garnett will be back for the celtics

he has a ring so i think he is more concerned with staying stable then winning

ray allen will move on though because there will be a big market for his services

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2012, 09:35 PM
I belive he should end his carrer in Minnesota to give that team that edge and intensity they need

69centers
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
I belive he should end his carrer in Minnesota to give that team that edge and intensity they need

He would never go back.

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2012, 09:45 PM
He would never go back.

True but it would be a nice story...

TheNumber37
06-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Kg is going to re sign. And maybe Ray Allen too. This team could still be a threat, if Avery Bradely and Jeff Green also come back and are better. A signing here, a trade there and they their deeper than ever. ..

Rain City
06-22-2012, 10:19 PM
garnett will be back for the celtics

he has a ring so i think he is more concerned with staying stable then winning

ray allen will move on though because there will be a big market for his services

Like he cant win in Boston? THey took Mia to game 7, if bosh wasnt making lucky 3s or if Avery Bradley didnt get knocked out of the series they for sure woulda taken Miami and won the title.

KG will probably be back and Celtics are going to contend for another title.

thekmp211
06-23-2012, 12:07 AM
the big three this year was kg, pierce and rondo. ray will probably be too expensive and he is frankly replaceable at this stage.

they will compete again next year esp. if we can get jeff green back healthy. asik would be a nice pick up too. and a couple bench shooters to spread the floor.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Like he cant win in Boston? THey took Mia to game 7, if bosh wasnt making lucky 3s or if Avery Bradley didnt get knocked out of the series they for sure woulda taken Miami and won the title.

bosh missed the first four games...

Blazers23
06-23-2012, 12:14 AM
the big three this year was kg, pierce and rondo. ray will probably be too expensive and he is frankly replaceable at this stage.

+1, Ray Allen is replaceable but his presence on the floor isn't when he is around the 3 point line he forces opposing teams to account for him because of his ability. No doubt he will leave and be overpaid with the Clippers.

utl768
06-23-2012, 10:12 AM

crack is a great drug

bigsams50
06-23-2012, 10:18 AM
I see KG retiring.

Losoway
06-23-2012, 04:06 PM
i think they are all returning for cheap!

Dade County
06-23-2012, 04:09 PM
boston is in rebuild mode.... end of story.

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
kg returns, ray allen comes down to miami to win another ring next year

smith&wesson
06-23-2012, 04:31 PM
this will sound crazy but i honestly think okc should trade harden for kg & allen. okc gets some toughness & vet leadership and two guys who can play off of durant and westy. .

KG can get the best out of perkins. he can back up the 4 & 5 spot behind perk and ibaka. allen can start and sefalosha can come off the bench.

celtics get harden who can play with rondo for years to come.

Lakers4ItAll
06-23-2012, 04:34 PM
They should keep Rondo and Pirce then do whatever it takes to get Howard

Eg714
06-23-2012, 04:39 PM
this will sound crazy but i honestly think okc should trade harden for kg & allen. okc gets some toughness & vet leadership and two guys who can play off of durant and westy. .

celtics get harden who can play with rondo for years to come.

I think that can honestly work. Boston would have to give up there draft picks to though. That trade would make okc heavy favorites for title. If they had those two this year I think they sweep the heat.

PAOboston
06-23-2012, 04:41 PM

how on earth would they get howard w/out giving up either pierce or more specifically rondo??? for the c's to even have a shot the package would have to be something like rondo/2 picks/bradley.

as for the c's next year:

1. ray allen is gone

2. i think we'll find out what the plan is next week at the draft. if neither pierce/rondo are traded, i think kg comes back and they try and reload somehow w/ a healthy j green/bradley/fa's for another shot.

Dade County
06-23-2012, 04:42 PM

as a 1yr rental?

justinnum1
06-23-2012, 04:53 PM
boston is miami's biggest threat next year of kg returns

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-23-2012, 05:09 PM
kg and ray both return on cheap contracts bc they've both made so much money in the career leaving the celtics some room to get a true center and some better bench players so they can make at least one more run at a title