PDA

View Full Version : James Jones considering retirement

JC_
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
"Most definitely," Jones said of possibly retiring after this season. "I've been going for the last two years. I didn't have a summer off coming off an injury. Then with the NBA lockout and the collective bargaining stuff, it's been a 24-month grind for me."
Jones, the secretary-treasurer of the NBA players' union, spent a great deal of time last offseason negotiating during the lockout. He then jumped into a 66-game regular season crammed into four months, being called upon sparingly in a limited role. Through Thursday, he was averaging just 8.8 minutes during the playoffs.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/06/22/4581092/heats-james-jones-considering.html

Wasn't expecting this but I know he's not really sure if the Heat will want to keep him because of the lack of minutes he got this season. I actually loved him in Pheonix, the guy can flat out shoot if he's open.

h2r09
06-22-2012, 09:22 PM
i think this is 12 months of non stop lockout and then the grind of this season talking.

i believe he still has a lot of 3's left and i think he will be back until we don't win.

he is just tired because he is our player union rep and he was in the lockout talks and then this never ending, never stopping season.

I'm more confident he will play the miller.

JC_
06-22-2012, 09:33 PM
i think this is 12 months of non stop lockout and then the grind of this season talking.

i believe he still has a lot of 3's left and i think he will be back until we don't win.

he is just tired because he is our player union rep and he was in the lockout talks and then this never ending, never stopping season.

I'm more confident he will play the miller.

I hope so. He needs to go on vacation asap for like a month.

CHANGO
06-22-2012, 10:09 PM
NO PLEASE! He is our RAINMAN! He is a tough guy! JJ come on! You still have a lot of rainbows left in your pocket. :(

Jemikz9Clutch
06-22-2012, 10:53 PM
I hope so. He needs to go on vacation asap for like a month.

make it 2 or even 3. training camp starts at october anyway. just, no dont retire yet.

godolphins
06-22-2012, 11:25 PM
I hope he comes back next year.

TylerSL
06-23-2012, 12:45 AM
no, he is one of the guys I want to retain. IMO I would like to keep these guys for as long as possible (first few are obvious, I know lol).

Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Haslem
Battier
Chalmers
Miller
Jones
Cole

Guys I wouldnt mind see going
Joel
Turriaf
Howard
Curry
Harris
Pittman

I like Joel, but I think we could use that money to get somebody who is taller to lift the burden off Lebron/Bosh/Haslem.

MadBomber
06-23-2012, 01:10 AM
this just in "the whole miami bench is considering retiring" after winning the championship.

kjoke
06-23-2012, 04:14 AM
NO PLEASE! He is our RAINMAN! He is a tough guy! JJ come on! You still have a lot of rainbows left in your pocket. :(

Yakuba diawarra says otherwise

Glen20
06-23-2012, 05:37 AM
you do realize if we lose him we actually don't get any cap relief?

sturm
06-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Oh no, i dont want it.

LRizzle
06-23-2012, 11:57 AM
There's a much better chance Miller retires because he actually has a legit reason (injuriessss). James Jones is just a bit frustrated from his low minutes, and the ridiculous season. He's a cheap very solid player, and he's only 31... a year older than Wade. He still has alot of basketball left.

AllBall
06-24-2012, 02:05 AM
This fanbase flip flops like a politician. I remember everyone wanting to get rid of him and Mike the whole season, but the minute they both hint at retirement you cry?

If we get Ray Allen he would be a duplication of roles on the offense, but we should be loading up on youth behind our aging Wade.

justinnum1
06-24-2012, 05:51 AM
This fanbase flip flops like a politician. I remember everyone wanting to get rid of him and Mike the whole season, but the minute they both hint at retirement you cry?

If we get Ray Allen he would be a duplication of roles on the offense, but we should be loading up on youth behind our aging Wade.

we can get some youth too, but if the best 3pt shooter in history wants to come here, he comes here lol