PDA

View Full Version : Around The NBA Thread - 2012 Offseason

SteBO
06-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Post about other teams' moves if you care enough about them.......

SteBO
06-22-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm interested to see what Dwight does. If he goes out west, it makes our division that much more of a joke lol......

Cano4prez
06-22-2012, 06:26 PM
I think I read Dalembert is getting bought out

Lazaro305201
06-22-2012, 06:30 PM
I think I read Dalembert is getting bought out

Yeah, I think I read that too on Hoopshype.com. That'd be kickass if we could land Dalembert and someone like Jamal Crawford or Ray-Ray.

gotoHcarolina52
06-22-2012, 06:47 PM
**** Dalembert

Cano4prez
06-22-2012, 08:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/8086600/dwyane-wade-knee-keep-miami-heat-star-olympic-team

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 10:11 PM
yea, **** dalembert, i dont want that douche bag on this team, i only want guys that are willing to take less and show they put winning a championship above money.

AllBall
06-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Screw Dwight, I could care less where that cream puff ends up. Derron Williams on the other hand is probably the best pure PG in the game.

Dade County
06-24-2012, 06:08 PM
I would like Crawford to join the HEAT.... ANd I would love if Pat can pull and S&T to get McGee off of Denver. This team would be so athletic.

Cole/ fillers
Wade/Crawford
Lbj/Battier
Bosh/fillers
Mcgee/fillers

I think Miami would have to trade Ud and Chalmers and maybe more fillers or future draft picks.

BALLER71
06-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I like McGee but that is definitely not the type of player Riley wants.

justinnum1
06-25-2012, 02:33 PM
hell no to mcgee lol, i like his potential but i want players that have a average IQ...and not a guy looking for max money. In order to play for miami you need to be willing to take a paycut, one of the best ways to show you put winning over money.

#embracesmallball

justinnum1
06-25-2012, 09:04 PM
and the NEW YORK KNICKS LINE UP FOR 2012 - 2013 is....

PG: LIN, NASH
SG: JR, CRAWFORD
SF: MELO, NOVAK
PF: AMARE, ODOM
C: CHANDLER, CAMBY

IMAN WILL HEAL

Trade anything else for a chance to move up in the draft

:speechless:

look out!

The Flash
06-25-2012, 09:12 PM
look out!

Looks like they got everybody except Ray

SteBO
06-27-2012, 05:21 PM
The Lakers are really looking to rape Atlanta.

Not only does it look like they might get Mo Williams to aid the Clippers into getting Odom while getting rid of Mo's contract, but reportedly there could be a Josh Smith for Pau Gasol trade. If the LA gets a 1st rounder to go along with that, then the Lakers would make like out like straight up bandits.......Remember, the trade exception that LA got from Dallas for trading Odom to them could absorb Mo's salary, and soften the blow.

The Los Angeles Clippers have engaged in trade discussions to bring Lamar Odom back to the L.A. team that drafted him, according to sources close to the situation.

Yet the deal, sources said, could hinge on the willingness of a third team to take on the contract of Clippers veteran guard Mo Williams, which would allow the Dallas Mavericks to send Odom to the Clippers with no significant money coming back to the Mavericks.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that one team to express interest in Williams is the Los Angeles Lakers, who still have a trade exception big enough to absorb Williams' contract that they created when they dealt Odom to Dallas.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8100397/sources-los-angeles-clippers-engaged-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks-lamar-odom

godolphins
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
^^The Lakers aren't going anywhere if Kobe keeps ball-hogging. He has two seven footers on his team who are fully capable of averaging at least 18 PPG's and 10 RPG's. Imagine how good L.A. would be if they ran their offense through Bynum and Pau.

SteBO
06-27-2012, 06:07 PM
^^The Lakers aren't going anywhere if Kobe keeps ball-hogging. He has two seven footers on his team who are fully capable of averaging at least 18 PPG's and 10 RPG's. Imagine how good L.A. would be if they ran their offense through Bynum and Pau.
I understand that, but Pau doesn't help matters by being passive every time gets the ball. I've been extremely down on him after 2010. Honestly, if at least with Smith they'd have a more aggressive player and there's a certain sense of pride players get when they play for an organization like the Lakers. The fact is they get younger and more athletic w/ this move....which is what they need.

All the Hawks manage to do with this is further financially cap-strike themselves.

godolphins
06-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I understand that, but Pau doesn't help matters by being passive every time gets the ball. I've been extremely down on him after 2010. Honestly, if at least with Smith they'd have a more aggressive player and there's a certain sense of pride players get when they play for an organization like the Lakers. The fact is they get younger and more athletic w/ this move....which is what they need.

All the Hawks manage to do with this is further financially cap-strike themselves.
I think that Gasol is a better fit for them. The Lakers need someone who can spread the floor at PF(since they have Bynum at the 5) and they already have that in Gasol. Smith is just going to get in Bynum's way or chuck up some bad mid range shots(which he does a lot).

But their defense would improve with this trade.

justinnum1
06-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Riley stressing how much Bosh was hurt. "Significant," Riley said. Riles adds that decision on CB at Olympics is up to him.

Riley makes it sound as if Bosh will not play in Olympics, "He's still nursing an injury. He had a significant abdominal injury that I'm sure if we weren’t in the playoffs against Boston, then he would not have played for another three or four weeks."

props to bosh for toughing it out!

Nikeman
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
OKC trying to get Thabeet.

I kind of want him for his 7'2 size!

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Haagen Thabeet is a mega size bust

GoneGuru
07-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Batum winds up in minny on sign and trade

b_rad23
07-01-2012, 07:43 PM
This free agency has been SO boring.

naps
07-03-2012, 05:29 AM
Haagen Thabeet is a mega size bust

I just hope Thabeet and Perry Jones don't make us regret next year. Can imagine how fool Riley will look like if their front court makes a difference next year which was basically a non-factor for us this year?

DQL
07-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I just hope Thabeet and Perry Jones don't make us regret next year. Can imagine how fool Riley will look like if their front court makes a difference next year which was basically a non-factor for us this year?

why do you think they will make us regret? they're not going to get playing time. Thabeet is not even OKC's 3rd string center. He's behind Perkins, either Ibaka or Collison, and Aldrich. PJ's behind Ibaka and Collison at PF and might or might not be Durant's primary backup at SF, plus he has injury issues

AllBall
07-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Dear NBA,

You can now thank Pat Riley for making freeagency 100x more entertaining.

You're welcome,

The HEAT

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 06:22 PM
OKC trying to get Thabeet.

I kind of want him for his 7'2 size!

he is a bigger joel anthony with no motivation to play basketball.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
stein
Just going up online: Michael Beasley has committed to sign with Phoenix Suns on a three-year, $18 mil, sources close to situation tell ESPN

wow. beaser can buy a ton of weed with that money(literally)

spears
7-3 center Hasheem Thabeet agrees to two-year deal with @okcthunder, source tells Y! Second overall pick in 2009 draft joining his 4th team.

naps
07-05-2012, 04:41 AM
he is a bigger joel anthony with no motivation to play basketball.

Joel Anthony is pretty motivated every time he steps on the floor, he's not just skilled enough to make a difference on a consistent basis.

naps
07-05-2012, 04:44 AM
why do you think they will make us regret? they're not going to get playing time. Thabeet is not even OKC's 3rd string center. He's behind Perkins, either Ibaka or Collison, and Aldrich. PJ's behind Ibaka and Collison at PF and might or might not be Durant's primary backup at SF, plus he has injury issues

They are capable of making a difference. May be not likely but absolutely possible. Heat and OKC are very similarly constructed. Both teams are perimeter oriented. Having more size and depth never hurts.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 12:03 PM
who wouldnt wanna sign a bigger joel anthony? thats why i say lets go get camby.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 12:05 PM
who wouldnt wanna sign a bigger joel anthony? thats why i say lets go get camby.

he's not a bigger joel anthony. if he was he would be omer asik. he is unmotivated, and has no passion for the game.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
oh im not talking about thabeet, im talking about camby..

i would never agree for the heat to go for thabeet.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
can u guys imagine how dominant warden would be if he was 6 11 or 7?

wow.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
oh im not talking about thabeet, im talking about camby..

i would never agree for the heat to go for thabeet.

my bad

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
yeah man thabeet is a huge bust, dont want that skinny az near our organization lol

LRizzle
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Jason Kidd signs with the Knicks. Wasn't expecting that one at all. Good for them. Looking forward to the NYK and BOS battles.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Look out! The Knicks got grandpa Kidd. They're back!

gotoHcarolina52
07-08-2012, 11:46 PM
@AlexKennedyNBA

The Magic, Nets and Cavaliers are in serious talks on a three-team trade that involves Dwight Howard and many other players.

Orlando is still weighing options. Magic brass will meet tomorrow morning to decide if this is best deal. A trade could be completed Monday.

I would love to see this happen. The East would be so much fun next year.

Glen20
07-09-2012, 12:00 AM
@AlexKennedyNBA

I would love to see this happen. The East would be so much fun next year.

we need a center...

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 12:01 AM
regardless if we get a center or not, pittman better be working his *** off all summer.

Glen20
07-09-2012, 12:07 AM
regardless if we get a center or not, pittman better be working his *** off all summer.

hate him

gotoHcarolina52
07-09-2012, 12:08 AM
we need a center...

As Justin suggested, could the Heat's interest in John Lucas the Turd be linked to Cole for Camby?

Glen20
07-09-2012, 12:12 AM
As Justin suggested, could the Heat's interest in John Lucas the Turd be linked to Cole for Camby?

most likely
no need to get him otherwise

gotoHcarolina52
07-09-2012, 12:20 AM
most likely
no need to get him otherwise

If the Howard trade goes through tomorrow, Camby's value increases a good deal.

Glen20
07-09-2012, 12:21 AM

absolutely. Pat knows what hes doing.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 12:23 AM

yep. only way i am ok with losing cole for camby is if the nets get howard.

EDIT!!!!
rudolph(close to howard)
Sources: Magic, Nets and Cavaliers near completion of Dwight Howard trade. Deal will include 11 players, cash and multiple draft picks.

This deal will be done tomorrow it sounds like, now i want camby.

bottom line is camby would be a lot more important to this team over the next 2 years than cole would be imo

Heater4life
07-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Cole, Joel and a first for Kaman!!!! Do it Riley!!!

GoneGuru
07-09-2012, 12:49 AM
3 things to point out.

of that trade, humphries is a big part of it, and he would only get a 1 year deal at 9 mil. he is NOT going to do that considering he deserves a multi year deal.

i also dont believe that the magic would cave and take a worse deal that it was 4 months ago. for players they dont want.

Camby is going to the knicks, their assets are more interesting to the rockets than the heats.

We are not trading cole and signing lucas.

cole has better size and potential and a better defender.

lucas is not going to sign for the minimum or else he would already re-up with the bulls, who the bulls have been actively bringing back. we ONLY have the minimum and considering lucas played well "enough" he is going to make more than that.

why would we trade a pg that blends well for an old guy, and then downgrade with a smaller crappier player that will cost more than cole?

do you hear yourselves people?

im also positive that the nets 3 way trade does not go down tommorow.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 12:53 AM
3 things to point out.

of that trade, humphries is a big part of it, and he would only get a 1 year deal at 9 mil. he is NOT going to do that considering he deserves a multi year deal.

i also dont believe that the magic would cave and take a worse deal that it was 4 months ago. for players they dont want.

Camby is going to the knicks, their assets are more interesting to the rockets than the heats.

lucas is not going to sign for the minimum or else he would already re-up with the bulls, who the bulls have been actively bringing back. we ONLY have the minimum and considering lucas played well "enough" he is going to make more than that.

why would we trade a pg that blends well for an old guy, and then downgrade with a smaller crappier player that will cost more than cole?

writing is on the wall...dwight will be a net sooner or later and i think it happens very soon, as in tomorrow or tuesday.

and like i said, we are in win now mode and camby can do a lot more for us over the next 2 years than cole

Heater4life
07-09-2012, 01:00 AM
3 things to point out.

The issue isnt the backup PG, its upgrading the center position.

kntresistheheat
07-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Gonguru your negative in every post or say the total opposite of someone's post. Why? You said we weren't getting ray Allen, then we get him. Your like...."Aww man, I was so wrong I'm so glad we got him!"

Valkyrie
07-09-2012, 02:28 AM
If Nets get Dwight, were just gonna have to unleash Dexter Shittman on them

GoneGuru
07-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Gonguru your negative in every post or say the total opposite of someone's post. Why? You said we weren't getting ray Allen, then we get him. Your like...."Aww man, I was so wrong I'm so glad we got him!"

deal with it

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Perry jones looks good.

gotoHcarolina52
07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
‏@WojYahooNBA

In current structure of deal, Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, sources tell Y!
:puke:

kjoke
07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Perry jones looks good.

So pissed right now. He looks good. Going against sullinger too

o'quinn looking good too

gotoHcarolina52
07-09-2012, 04:07 PM
@chadfordinsider

Just going up on ESPN. Clippers will be 4th team in D Howard deal. They would take back MarShon Brooks in return for a lottery protected 1st

gotoHcarolina52
07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Proposed Howard trade (via @chadfordinsider)

Nets:

Dwight Howard,
Jason Richardson,
Chris Duhon, and
Earl Clark

Magic:

Brook Lopez,
Luke Walton,
Damion James,
Shelden Williams,
Armon Johnson, and
three first-round picks (two from the Nets and a lottery protected first from the Clippers)

Cavaliers:

Kris Humphries,
Quentin Richardson,
Sundiata Gaines,
a first round pick from the Nets,
and three million in cash

Clippers:

MarShon Brooks

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Nets looking good

Also, sounds like Camby to the Knicks is almost done

kjoke
07-09-2012, 04:50 PM
1.) they keep Hedo's contract?
2.) I would love to have gotten Marshon for Philly's pick. It's better than the Clips pick. Too bad we have a log jam at the guard position.

gotoHcarolina52
07-09-2012, 04:57 PM
1.) they keep Hedo's contract?
2.) I would love to have gotten Marshon for Philly's pick. It's better than the Clips pick. Too bad we have a log jam at the guard position.

Looks like it.

@KBergCBS

Though details of Nets' pursuit of trade for Dwight Howard are developing, sources say Hedo Turkoglu not included in framework.

kjoke
07-09-2012, 05:05 PM
lol thats horrible

Cano4prez
07-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Lol at Camby he said he wanted to start and have a chance of a title.. The Knicks aren't going anywhere

gotoHcarolina52
07-09-2012, 05:10 PM
lol thats horrible

It's awful. There has to be more to that deal that hasn't gotten out yet. If the Magic brass agree to that . . . wow.

SteBO
07-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Lol at Camby he said he wanted to start and have a chance of a title.. The Knicks aren't going anywhere
That's bull****. He would've started here w/ a chance at a championship. He just wanted the extra money. That's all.

KCMAJ
07-09-2012, 08:50 PM
As a HEAT fan, I am so glad that this has-been decided not to come to Miami. We were doing him a favor for giving him the best chance for a ring with Lebron and Wade next year but he was so dumb to choose New York.

MTL_123
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
well he did say he wants to win a ring....:confused:

beasted86
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Why are you mad at him? Let him finish his career however he wants to.

His career, his family he is going to have to move around. If he doesn't want to join Miami so be it.

khaleesi
07-09-2012, 09:39 PM
As a HEAT fan, I am so glad that this has-been decided not to come to Miami. We were doing him a favor for giving him the best chance for a ring with Lebron and Wade next year but he was so dumb to choose New York.

So are you happy or is he so dumb?

flashwade03
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
who cares ?we will win anyway :D

DQL
07-09-2012, 09:59 PM
absolutely horrible deal for the Magic. Lopez barely played last season and those picks aren't worth that much (all in the 20's). wtf is Orlando thinking??

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 10:26 PM
He will just lose to us.

Xplicit
07-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Now that the Camby mania is over , I think we should get a veteran Center just like J.Oneal for a vet min. It will be a great help for the Heat esp. for young Varnado and Pittman to learn from him.

beasted86
07-09-2012, 10:43 PM
JO is not good enough to be in the rotation anymore. I'm not sure he would be okay being used like Turiaf and Joel were used last season where he knows there are going to be many nights he doesn't play.

But he would be a nice compliment to that trio. If we need defense and shot blocking, we go to Joel, we need hustle and rebounding bring in Turiaf, and we need to spread the floor and play 1 on 1 post defense get JO in there. None would play every night or get a lot of minutes, but it would be a good trio of veterans.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 10:55 PM
At this point, i am just hoping pittman can turn into someone usable and not just a fat *** thug.

He better be busting his *** all summer long

also, get greg oden, i dont even care if he doesnt play this season.

flashwade03
07-09-2012, 11:05 PM
At this point, i am just hoping pittman can turn into someone usable and not just a fat *** thug.

He better be busting his *** all summer long

also, get greg oden, i dont even care if he doesnt play this season.

after we give eddy curry that non sense season .yes on greg oden ..he is far talented than curry

~Iggy~
07-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Greg Oden coming to Miami and developing into what he truly is supposed to be would be awesome. :drool:

LRizzle
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Ummmm just read the Rashard Lewis article and he's going to visit the NYK before he decides? Damn... With or without Rashard the NYK are looking good. If Lin and Shump come back healthy it's going to be a great series. Can't wait to see the Knicks late into the playoffs, instead of the 1st round. Not as fun.

And they agreed to terms to JR Smith this morning also.
Kidd/Lin
Shump/JRSmith
Melo/Novak
Amare/Rashard
Chandler/Camby

That's a very good team with alot of firepower.

ATX
07-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Ummmm just read the Rashard Lewis article and he's going to visit the NYK before he decides? Damn... With or without Rashard the NYK are looking good. If Lin and Shump come back healthy it's going to be a great series. Can't wait to see the Knicks late into the playoffs, instead of the 1st round. Not as fun.

And they agreed to terms to JR Smith this morning also.
Kidd/Lin
Shump/JRSmith
Melo/Novak
Amare/Rashard
Chandler/Camby

That's a very good team with alot of firepower.

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen
James/Battier
Bosh/Lewis
Anthony/Haslem

More firepower. :D

Versatility with lineups is the key to overcome our weakness inside. Say we have Wade and James on the court with Allen, Lewis or Battier, and Bosh to spread the floor. Wide open lanes. I can't wait for next season!

LRizzle
07-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen
James/Battier
Bosh/Lewis
Anthony/Haslem

More firepower. :D

Versatility with lineups is the key to overcome our weakness inside. Say we have Wade and James on the court with Allen, Lewis or Battier, and Bosh to spread the floor. Wide open lanes. I can't wait for next season!

I'm not doubting our abilities nor would I dare say or think they're the better team, just looking forward to some great NYK vs MIA battles like they used to be. The East will have 5 very very good teams after the Dwight trade.

Jonathan2323
07-11-2012, 12:47 AM
@SedanoShow: Chicago Bulls letting go of the "BENCH SQUAD" CJ Watson, Ronnie Brewer gone. Trying to trade Korver #NBA

@SedanoShow: Remember when Chicago's Gar Foreman won Co- Executive of the Year in 2010 w/ Pat Riley? Yeah, me neither. #NBA

Bulls are getting worse. Terrible GM.

gotoHcarolina52
07-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Here's a pic of Bron "colluding" with CP3:

https://instagr.am/p/M7XnhMCTMw/media/?size=l

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Get to watch some lebron tomorrow night. :) Team USA scrimmage ESPN 9pm

LRizzle
07-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Well seems like Darko, Brand, and Haywood all got waived. Any of them make it through waivers and will we take a shot on any of them for the minimum?

I think Darko is the only realistic option and I much rather see Darko for a year and see what we can get out of him and leave Hamilton playing in the D-league or overseas for a year.

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I think darko def makes it through and hawywood makes it through too. But i rather take the chance on oden.

Marshallp22
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I see Portland and Charlotte Bobcats as potential spots for Haywood. Darko on the other hand can be had. His rep around the league is "Bust". Miami would be a great spot for him, low key pickup.

unleashthebeast
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Something in the NBA forum yesterday suggested that Luis Scola may be amnestied as well. He isn't a center, but he can handle his own with the bigs like when he had to play center for houston whenever Yao went down. I would love to sign him if he got through the bidding process, if he is amnestied.

gotoHcarolina52
07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
The New York Knicks introduce their old farts: https://p.twimg.com/AxoSLPBCMAE4HFE.jpg

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Heat didn't beat Bulls at full strength so to me that championship they won this season was a fluke

:laugh:

LRizzle
07-13-2012, 01:45 PM
We beat NYK, IND (5th best league record), BOS, and then OKC in 5.
Fluke my *****
Don't bring that stuff in here justin, you gonna get me all :mad:
haha

kjoke
07-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I love all the Knicks fans who think Dolan doesn't care about the luxury. Over the luxury? Who cares, its not my money!

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Bulls are shopping hamilton...the guy they all said was the piece that put them over the top vs. us:laugh2:

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-15-2012, 12:10 PM
bulls are a joke. they are trying to get free agents next season.
doesnt matter as long as they have rose, and surround him with garbage talent, they will always suck.

and now they lose defensive awareness on their 'bench'

Xplicit
07-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Free Agents available so far.. some are mediocre and average but can be a good role for every team.

Jerryd Bayless
Shannon Brown
Carlos Delfino
Jonny Flynn
Randy Foye
kris Humphries
Damion James
Courtney Lee
Kenyon Martin
O.J. Mayo
C.J. Miles
Javale Mcgee

dimgim
07-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Quick question how is the Heat so hated when the Nets payroll includes Gerald Wallace at 4 years 40 million and he is the lowest paid player starting for the Nets...crazy money Miami just consolidated is all.

justinnum1
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Celtics just stole courtney lee.

SteBO
07-19-2012, 05:28 PM
The Celtics are going to be a pain in the *** next year. They're very deep now.....

justinnum1
07-19-2012, 05:32 PM
^they always are. Now that bron and bosh know what it takes to win tho, i think we will be fine. Plus celtics have to stay healthy which they haven't been able to do for a long time.

ECF will def be an epic battle. I really want the 1 seed so boston can battle with indy or NY in the 2nd round.

LRizzle
07-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I agree, the Celtics are going to be hella good as well.
They have alot of question marks, which could be the difference betweeen a 2 and a 5 seed, but they're clearly one of if not the main roadblock in the East for us.

On the flip-side I almost feel like the Bulls are mailing it in this year and hoping to make a big move next offseason and get a solid draft pick. Hinrich and Radmonivic? And you've lost Korver, C.J.Watson, Rose is hurt, probably losing Asik and John Lucas, Brewer is gone... I still think their bench was their best asset, Rose is too streaky and a volume shooter, if they don't have that defensive beast of a second unit they're really not that good, at all really.

If Howard goes to LAL, the Nets and Knicks and Pacers will be solid but looks like BOS will be the only team capable of keeping us from another Finals appearance.

SteBO
07-19-2012, 05:42 PM
^they always are. Now that bron and bosh know what it takes to win tho, i think we will be fine. Plus celtics have to stay healthy which they haven't been able to do for a long time.

ECF will def be an epic battle. I really want the 1 seed so boston can battle with indy or NY in the 2nd round.
Yea but even more so now. They're deeper now than they've ever been since '08.

Dade County
07-25-2012, 05:49 PM
http://newsok.com/report-okc-thunder-to-play-miami-heat-on-christmas-day/article/3695075

OKC play against HEAT on christmas.

b_rad23
07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
The Celtics are fading into deep, but not elite territory. They will be tough, but in a few years when Pierce and KG hang them up, is Rondo and solid depth enough? I don't think KG can carry a team anymore, and Pierce is above average. That's not enough though. And I would put the Heat bench against any bench now and feel very confident.

Dade County
07-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Join in on the discussion guys... try to watch the 1993 finals first and then vote or add your two cents

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?p=23110637#post23110637

SteBO
07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
I think we have quite the unique schedule this year.....

Xplicit
08-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Paul Millsap free agent

MiamiLoyal926
08-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Paul Millsap free agent

False, he is still under contract with the jazz for one more year.

unleashthebeast
08-06-2012, 10:54 PM
And Milsap will get a contract worth at least 9mil a year when he does become a free agent, so there literally is no chance that we get him.

justinnum1
08-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Yea, milsap will get 8+mil easy

naps
08-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Damn, didn't Milsap got a fatass deal 2 years ago? I remember Portland almost landed him and then Utah gave him a big deal (10mil/year or something), right? How's his contract over so quick :confused:

And no way we can land him. Some of you guys are greedy as hell :p

naps
08-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Yea but even more so now. They're deeper now than they've ever been since '08.

In my mind, Celtics have always been the scariest opponent for us. I have had the feeling that no other team looms as dangerous as them against us. But funny thing is they don't seem that scary to me anymore even though they got deeper this year. May be that's because they don't have Ray Allen to throw daggers in clutch times anymore; Not having to go against Ray is a big relief...hehe.

justinnum1
08-07-2012, 07:57 AM
In my mind, Celtics have always been the scariest opponent for us. I have had the feeling that no other team looms as dangerous as them against us. But funny thing is they don't seem that scary to me anymore even though they got deeper this year. May be that's because they don't have Ray Allen to throw daggers in clutch times anymore; Not having to go against Ray is a big relief...hehe.

True, but terry is a heat killer too. Those will be some epic games.

SteBO
08-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm rewatching the third meeting we had against the Magic @Orlando. Dwight Howard went off for 24 points and 25 rebounds that game, and we gave up a **** ton of 3's. One of things I noticed while watching it is that we fronted the post alot. We should avoid fronting the post so much when we go up against him. We should stick to playing from behind and just live with whatever he does.

But then again, given LA's 3pt shooting won't be as good Orlando's was maybe fronting and double teaming won't be such a terrible idea. :shrug:

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm rewatching the third meeting we had against the Magic @Orlando. Dwight Howard went off for 24 points and 25 rebounds that game, and we gave up a **** ton of 3's. One of things I noticed while watching it is that we fronted the post alot. We should avoid fronting the post so much when we go up against him. We should stick to playing from behind and just live with whatever he does.

But then again, given LA's 3pt shooting won't be as good Orlando's was maybe fronting and double teaming won't be such a terrible idea. :shrug:

we double off of artest or jamison or whoever else is on the floor. our defense is so fast on rotations we usually have 2 on the ball anyways.

Still dont think lakers get past OKC

SteBO
08-21-2012, 09:54 AM
we double off of artest or jamison or whoever else is on the floor. our defense is so fast on rotations we usually have 2 on the ball anyways.

Still dont think lakers get past OKC
I don't think so either. People just seem to think that just because you have size means that you can't get clean looks at the rim. Just a silly myth that fans of "big" teams want to believe. You can't teach 7 ft, but there's a way to combat that and that it's floor spacing and speed.