PDA

View Full Version : What part of his game should Lebron work on next?

kjoke
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Title.

popo85
06-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Perimeter game which has improved since he first got to the league. Otherwise he's got mostly everything covered

KingPosey
06-22-2012, 06:01 PM
He still needs a real post game and to clean up his footwork. But thats like saying a Ferrari use a little more speed.

Dade County
06-22-2012, 06:03 PM
off topic...

I would like Bosh to train with the Dream for like 3 months!

gotoHcarolina52
06-22-2012, 06:04 PM
He met with Hakeem last summer to work on his post game. This summer he should get with Paul George and figure out how to grow two or three inches.

NoahH
06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
He needs to work on his jumpshot.

TopsyTurvy
06-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Still has to work on his post game - and I'm not just talking about his back to the basket. He has made leaps and bounds in terms of his passing from the post but needs to work on some footwork.

His basketball IQ is as high as anyone out there, he just needs to continue to refine his technique.

Kenny
06-22-2012, 07:02 PM
If he can get the Tim Duncan off the backboard shot from 10 feet out on the wing consistently down pat that would be scary. The Thunder were playing off him by 2 feet from that spot on the floor and Lebron wouldn't care and would back down his guy anyways.

Fnom11
06-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Finesse post scoring(he's mostly strength scoring now in the post) and to continue improving his midrange/3. Everything else in his game is near perfect.

Fnom11
06-22-2012, 07:06 PM
If he can get the Tim Duncan off the backboard shot from 10 feet out on the wing consistently down pat that would be scary. The Thunder were playing off him by 2 feet from that spot on the floor and Lebron wouldn't care and would back down his guy anyways.

This would be huge for his game because it requires little lift and is significantly more reliable than a jumpshot considering his new found post game.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Midrange game. Work with Kobe this Summer during the Olympics as he's currently the best midrange scorer in the biz.

ManRam
06-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Continue to work on the post up game.

Continue to work on his perimeter and mid-range shooting.

He actually really struggled in The Finals with his jump shooting. It was actually pathetically awful. It just didn't matter because he was uber aggressive and doing so many other things.

Continue to work on everything. He's far from flawless...he's just so good at so many other things that it works.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-22-2012, 07:24 PM
As everyone else said, perimeter game, jump shot, etc.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Midrange game. Work with Kobe this Summer during the Olympics as he's currently the best midrange scorer in the biz.

smart man, the thunder were sagging off him from that area i think he can make them but wasn't comfortable.

Rivera
06-22-2012, 07:25 PM
basically what everyone has already said

continue to work on his post game, his moves, his footwork, his reads/situations in the post

continue to work on his jump shot/free throw shot

basically continue to put in the work in the offseason he already has

and one thing i would like to see lebron really work on is his off the ball offensive game. i would like to see him move more, be more forcefull demanding when hes posting up (like pierce and melo how they post on the elbow and demand the ball) and learn how to come of screens better and pull up right away. continue to remember to run the baseline which i dont remember lebron running the baseline like he did in the indiana series and after when wade has the ball

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-22-2012, 07:26 PM
clutch gene

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 07:29 PM
clutch gene

Is that you Skip? :laugh2:

Blitzbolt
06-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I want to see some up and under in the post and some catch and shot plays.

Fnom11
06-22-2012, 07:49 PM

KD's the better shooter but KB is significantly better at setting up his shots to give him high potential looks. Hopefully he works with both, assuming they're willing.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
his hairline

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-22-2012, 08:04 PM
JUMPSHOT.

Honestly if he wants to be winning championships like Jordan did in his 30's or be as good of a player as Kobe is at 33 years old then he MUST have a consistent jumpshot. Lebron is amazing but we all know how he prefers to drive and I don't blame him since he's so fast/strong and all his points come in the paint but eventually his athleticism will go away so he won't be able to drive at will anymore. Not taking anything away from Lebron, he's the best player in the game but for most of the games in the finals, I swear I could count how many jumpshots he made in each game with one hand.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
KD's the better shooter but KB is significantly better at setting up his shots to give him high potential looks. Hopefully he works with both, assuming they're willing.

Kobe is actually always willing. Even though LBJ is his competition, he respects sportsmanship and takes pride in "doing the honor" as MJ had done for him. MJ always gave Kobe advice, even during Kobe's first 2 yrs (while that was MJ's last 2 yrs with the Bulls).

The pantheon of legends continues...

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Kobe is actually always willing. Even though LBJ is his competition, he respects sportsmanship and takes pride in "doing the honor" as MJ had done for him. MJ always gave Kobe advice, even during Kobe's first 2 yrs (while that was MJ's last 2 yrs with the Bulls).

The pantheon of legends continues...

Agree.

I've heard numerous times that after Lebron saw how hard Kobe worked during practice and stuff that Lebron's work ethic just became stronger, which I think where he began to really focus on D. I know Kobe maybe didn't work with him but the fact that Lebron was just witnessing Kobe work as hard as he does made Lebron want to work harder and become an even better player.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Agree.

I've heard numerous times that after Lebron saw how hard Kobe worked during practice and stuff that Lebron's work ethic just became stronger, which I think where he began to really focus on D. I know Kobe maybe didn't work with him but the fact that Lebron was just witnessing Kobe work as hard as he does made Lebron want to work harder and become an even better player.

I mean, it's not a coincidence the jump LeBron made offensively and defensively from 2008 to 2009 and his mental approach to the game. He played in the olympics with Kobe in 2008, and then won his first league MVP award that yr. Great players make other good players on the cusp great. Jordan did it to Kobe and Kobe did it to LeBron. Hopefully LeBron will do it in the future for KD.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 08:29 PM
I mean, it's not a coincidence the jump LeBron made offensively and defensively from 2008 to 2009 and his mental approach to the game. He played in the olympics with Kobe in 2008, and then won his first league MVP award that yr. Great players make other good players on the cusp great. Jordan did it to Kobe and Kobe did it to LeBron. Hopefully LeBron will do it in the future for KD.

oh im sure they're pushing each other already. Man, it feels so good to finally be in lakers fans shoes when they won the 'ship. Offseason is great!

SugeKnight
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Pull up mid-range game

Glen20
06-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Pull up mid-range game

id rather he work on the post and free throw shooting.
I dont want him falling in love with his jumper until he can hit it at a very consistent rate

Raph12
06-22-2012, 08:35 PM
That shot is what needs the most work, he has the speed/quickness to beat bigger defenders of the dribble and the size to postup smaller defenders... The shot is the only thing that's lacking.

Teeboy1487
06-22-2012, 08:56 PM
IMO, I think he should continue to add to his post repertoire. Lebron can be the most dominant player in the league on the post considering his size, strength, quickness, and passing ability. Also, he has to improve his free throw shooting. To me, that's the biggest flaw in his game right now.

Chronz
06-22-2012, 09:00 PM
His midrange game is fine, he needs to work out on his in-between game and try to see if he can improve on his movement off the ball to free up his midrange game so he doesnt always have to shoot it off the dribble, it would add few more options on his escape dribbles which couldnt hut.

Teeboy1487
06-22-2012, 09:01 PM
id rather he work on the post and free throw shooting.
I dont want him falling in love with his jumper until he can hit it at a very consistent rate

Sorry, I did not see you post. I agree. Lebron can be more dominant on the post rather than trying to be Ray Allen. Lebron is just too strong and too quick to be bailing out defenses with shooting the ball from 16 plus feet. I would rather he get easier shots on the post. He can become even more efficient to an already legendary efficient stat line.

Bruno
06-22-2012, 09:34 PM
mid-post back to the basket.

close enough to the hoop to dominate the smaller players with his back to the basket. far enough away to face up and take a slower big off the dribble. unstoppable.

dodie53
06-22-2012, 10:25 PM
1. low post moves,
2. free throw shot,
3. mid J.

llemon
06-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Title.

Plastic surgery

MadBomber
06-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Still needs to polish his post game and making his jumper consistent.

QueensG
06-23-2012, 02:50 AM
he needs to work on his hairline

TylerSL
06-23-2012, 03:01 AM
mid-range, jumpshot, and needs to become a more consistent FT shooter.

felixng2012
06-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Refine and improve post game, improve jump shot, 3 point shot, free throws.
Really he should stop improving he is already too good :(.

Shkelqim
06-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Jumpshot he should call Ray Allen over to the Heat, Ray Ray can train him and play along side him, He would def benefit :D

Kid Fabulous
06-23-2012, 03:24 AM
FREE THROWS.

He leaves too many points at the charity stripe.