PDA

View Full Version : Bosh at Center, Lebron at PF

Rain City
06-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I think this move in the playoffs won the Heat the championship.

At first it seemed like a desperation move but running the offense through lebron in the post helped the offensive efficiency and 3 pt accuracy and they didnt lose anything defensively or rebounding.

Will they commit to this lineup next year or will they go with a more conventional lineup?

It is hard to see bosh at C and Lebron at PF year around.

fin_frenzy_84
06-22-2012, 05:30 PM
I think that is the reason they won also.... Double teaming Lebron left a shooter open and the heat wouldnt miss a 3 in the finals.

popo85
06-22-2012, 05:42 PM
LeBron is so versatile he can guard 1-4 positions, in the Boston series he was guarding PP, KG and Rondo. With the lack of offense the OKC bigs have it was easier for him to move to PF.

Rain City
06-22-2012, 05:45 PM
i think a big reason why harden struggled was he was asked to defend lebron for long minutes and lebron was taking him to the post.

The physical style of play defending him in the post had him gassed and he lacked the energy to be affective on offense.

TylerSL
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
I could easily see them running Lebron and Bosh PF and C respectivley to start the year next year. I think they start next season with a lineup of

PG.Chalmers
SG.Wade
SF.Battier
PF.Lebron
C.Bosh

They may not keep that all year, but its not a strech to say thats the starting lineup begining next year.

thekmp211
06-22-2012, 05:59 PM
it's where the game is going. celtics benefitted from a similar move with kg and bass. NOT equating bass and lebron but it's all about spacing.

i think if they can pick up an upgrade over joel anthony, it's the lineup they should go with regularly.

rockbottom2010
06-22-2012, 06:04 PM
oh ya....nash at point.

RB#20
06-22-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm just happy Shane Battier was finally on a championship winning team. Hell of a team player and well-deserved.

RB#20
06-22-2012, 06:09 PM
oh ya....nash at point.

I'd like to see Nash on the Bulls:

C Noah
PF Boozer
SF Deng (if he's still with the team)
SG Rose
PG Nash

blastmasta26
06-22-2012, 06:18 PM
it's where the game is going. celtics benefitted from a similar move with kg and bass. NOT equating bass and lebron but it's all about spacing.

i think if they can pick up an upgrade over joel anthony, it's the lineup they should go with regularly.

When Bosh was hitting threes against Boston, the spacing was incredible. Will more of the league begin to go with athleticism/spacing over just size at the 5 spot? It's interesting to see what teams will do in terms of going small or big.

knickfan33
06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
I think this move in the playoffs won the Heat the championship.

At first it seemed like a desperation move but running the offense through lebron in the post helped the offensive efficiency and 3 pt accuracy and they didnt lose anything defensively or rebounding.

Will they commit to this lineup next year or will they go with a more conventional lineup?

It is hard to see bosh at C and Lebron at PF year around.
it wouldnt be a bad move for brons future, as he loses a step have him work on his post game...

knicks did well last year when they moved melo to PF, if stat doesnt step his game up i thik they should stick with melo at Pf and hve stat offthe bench.

thekmp211
06-22-2012, 06:31 PM
When Bosh was hitting threes against Boston, the spacing was incredible. Will more of the league begin to go with athleticism/spacing over just size at the 5 spot? It's interesting to see what teams will do in terms of going small or big.

yeah i'm not sure. i'll bet we see it really become in vogue, but the truth is lebron is such an incredible rebounder from the 4 and is frankly built like a pf. not sure most teams have the personel to pull it off a lot.

but unless a team built around dwight, or bynum or someone like that really makes some noise i don't see it not becoming more and more trendy/effective.

Ty Fast
06-22-2012, 06:37 PM
i would love for lebron 2 play the point full time

King41
06-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm just happy Shane Battier was finally on a championship winning team. Hell of a team player and well-deserved.

this!:clap:

AWC713
06-22-2012, 06:45 PM
but what about joel anthony

b@llhog24
06-22-2012, 07:01 PM
LeBron was able to play pf because use heat didn't really run into no one that big except Indiana.

Melo and him are the same height.
West has about an inch an isn't really that physical.
Bass is 6'8
And he mostly guarded KD.

I'd like to so him guard the Kevin Loves, Lma, Griffins of the world all game.

TopsyTurvy
06-22-2012, 07:03 PM
There's no need to commit to this lineup when they can simply add a rotation big to the team and exploit the hell out of the Lebron/Bosh/+rebounder like they did earlier in the season.

The Heat with a veteran big or an MLE big is far more problematic than running small with Lebron and Bosh playing 4 & 5.

JordansBulls
06-22-2012, 07:05 PM
That's the thing though because there aren't any bigs to play against in the league that can score you can do this. Now if it was against the Lakers I doubt you would had seen a lineup like this or even if Dwight Howard was around for the Magic for the playoffs. But KG was playing Center because of the lack of bigs in the league now.

YungDaSensai
06-22-2012, 07:25 PM
I think James at the 4 will prevent tougher matchup problems where as if he was at the 3. Height would be needed on the bench though, for when you run into the conventional teams such as LA, Dallas, etc etc. Bosh would also be more effective at the 5, because of his ability to spread the floor and out run most bigs. Idk about the HEAT salary situation, but Lamar Odom would be a nice acquisition. As for Bron playing the 4 all season next yr, I don't think coach spo does it.

Rain City
06-22-2012, 07:29 PM
LeBron was able to play pf because use heat didn't really run into no one that big except Indiana.

Melo and him are the same height.
West has about an inch an isn't really that physical.
Bass is 6'8
And he mostly guarded KD.

I'd like to so him guard the Kevin Loves, Lma, Griffins of the world all game.

i saw lebron do an excellent job defending pau gasol in the post.... same with kg.... He has the size, strength, athleticism to defend griffin or love, it would be more tiring which would affect his offense, especially his jumper late in games.

The greatest benefit of having lebron at PF is the offense is more efficient with him running the offense through the post and having an extra shooter on the outside as opposed to having an inept offensive player (anthony/turiaf/pittman). Miami have more offensive talent on the floor with lebron playing pf, and they get more high % opportunities.

I dont see more than a couple PFs that would have a rebounding advantage over him either.