PDA

View Full Version : Knicks with HUGE LIN

Captain Moroni
06-22-2012, 04:56 PM
NBA arbitrator sides with the NBAPA, Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak get to keep their early bird rights and can now sign with the Knicks ovger the cap without touching the MLE. Knicks can now use the MLE to sign a Nash, Felton, Kidd to mentor/backup Lin. WOW, di8d not see the ruling going that way.
Billups and Hickson also fall into this category

waveycrockett
06-22-2012, 04:59 PM
They will only be able to use 3 Million of the MLE though according to Larry Coon. Which Sucks. Would of been cool to see Nash and Amare re-unite.

SlimKid
06-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Nash isn't going to NY, but I could see Kidd sign there and help mentor Lin.

popo85
06-22-2012, 05:03 PM
With 3 mill and a healthy squad next year they can get a solid bench player and make a run imo.

waveycrockett
06-22-2012, 05:05 PM
With 3 mill and a healthy squad next year they can get a solid bench player and make a run imo.

For $3Million someone good enough to replace JR Smith AND Iman Shumpert? I think not.

Captain Moroni
06-22-2012, 05:07 PM

I agree, This could really be a big thing

Captain Moroni
06-22-2012, 05:09 PM
For $3Million someone good enough to replace JR Smith AND Iman Shumpert? I think not.

JR smitrh has an option, if he takes it he is a Knick and we still have the MLE and the 1.4. Knicks will look to trade some parts as well. Maybe trade Fields and use the MLE and fields $$ on a better player. Shumpert is back by the allstar break anyway.

Kashmir13579
06-22-2012, 05:11 PM
lS THIS ****ING REAL!??! OMG this better not be some troll ****.

Kashmir13579
06-22-2012, 05:12 PM
This is incredible. Things aren't as bad as they looked for the Knicks.

RLundi
06-22-2012, 05:13 PM
It's exciting, but I have a feeling David Stern and his henchmen 'persuade' another arbitrator to side with them.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2012, 05:16 PM

You Mad bro?

waveycrockett
06-22-2012, 05:18 PM
JR smitrh has an option, if he takes it he is a Knick and we still have the MLE and the 1.4. Knicks will look to trade some parts as well. Maybe trade Fields and use the MLE and fields $$ on a better player. Shumpert is back by the allstar break anyway.

Very slim chance JR Smith picks up his option.

sunsfan88
06-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Nash sign and trade for Lin.

waveycrockett
06-22-2012, 05:20 PM
You Mad bro?

About what?:confused:

Captain Moroni
06-22-2012, 05:24 PM

Funny thats what they said about the arbitrator ruling with the NBAPA

Kashmir13579
06-22-2012, 05:25 PM

You would like that wouldn't you..

MagicHero3
06-22-2012, 05:26 PM
yes! in your face Stern! he said they wouldnt win, but they did!

waveycrockett
06-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Funny thats what they said about the arbitrator ruling with the NBAPA

What do they have to do with each other at all? One has to do with a guy making the most money for himself the other a guy deciding what is fair or not. Completely unrelated.

StarvingKnick22
06-22-2012, 05:27 PM
HERE A THOGHT HOW ABOUT WE USE THAT CAP SPACE AND SPEND IT ON NOTHING, NOTHING!!! :mad:

C_Mund
06-22-2012, 05:29 PM
I think the arbitrator realized exactly how much money Lin would bring to the franchise regardless of how much he may or may not be worth on the court. Lin would be a great long-term financial investment even if he puts them over the cap, but Stern knows he could be a huge meal ticket for the league if he suits up for the Knicks.
Good news for the Knicks, another kick in the nuts for the Raptors. Our division went from a joke to pretty decent in a couple years, pending something "big" happening for the Nets

Punk
06-22-2012, 05:29 PM
This really was not thread worthy.

SunsFanIam
06-22-2012, 05:35 PM

I wouldnt even want Lin. I know alot of people like him, but to me he is just the Tebow of the Nba.

RLundi
06-22-2012, 05:38 PM
I wouldnt even want Lin. I know alot of people like him, but to me he is just the Tebow of the Nba.

+1

:hide:

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 05:42 PM
wow first carmelo gets hate now lin is the tebow of the nba wow :facepalm:

popo85
06-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Difference is Lin actually put up good numbers in his teams wins.

Vintage
06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Go and get Kidd

Dr. Heat
06-22-2012, 05:49 PM
At least Lin can throw the ball better than Tebow.

Steve Nash isn't coming to NY. He's taking his talents to South Beach where he can ACTUALLY win a ring and not end up getting swept in the first round as a seventh or eighth seed. Nash wouldn't want to go somewhere just so that he can mentor somebody. He wants to WIN a ring.

oak2455
06-22-2012, 05:57 PM
You Mad bro?

Why bother waste of time

KingPosey
06-22-2012, 06:03 PM
They arent signing felton.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 06:10 PM

Steve Nash isn't coming to NY. He's taking his talents to South Beach where he can ACTUALLY win a ring and not end up getting swept in the first round as a seventh or eighth seed. Nash wouldn't want to go somewhere just so that he can mentor somebody. He wants to WIN a ring.

why would he do that s everybody can say he didn't earn it like lebran:facepalm:

ThunderZubb
06-22-2012, 06:15 PM
You wonder fans hate Miami HEAT TEAM AND IT'S FANS BECAUSE STUPID THREADS LIKE THIS COMPARING LEBRON TO MICHAEL JORDAN OR SAYING LEBRON WILL BE THE BEST PLAYER ALL TIME IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS GIMMIE ME A BREAK SERIOUSLY. IT IS MOSTLY MIAMI HEAT FANS WHO ARE 16 Years old or younger. HAHA WHAT A JOKE HAVE YOU JOBBERS WATCHED MICHAEL JORDAN PLAY AGAINST THE BAD BOYS IN HIS PRIME. YOU KNOW HOW HE GOT HIT BADLY BY BAD BOYS PISTONS TRUST ME DEREK FISHER FOUL WAS NOT A FRAGANT AND I AM TELLING LEBRON WOULD NOT SURVIVE IN THE 90 ERA. CHARLIE OAKLEY, DENNIS RODMAN, BILL LIAMBEER, ANTHONY MASON AND ETC WOULD OF ATE LEBRON ALIVE PLUS HE HAS NO ****ING HEART.

LEBRON CANNOT HOLD MICHAEL JORDAN JOCKSTRAP

i'myourdaddy
06-22-2012, 06:25 PM
why would he do that s everybody can say he didn't earn it like lebran:facepalm:

At least he'll win one imo. Nash is not going to win one in NY.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2012, 06:28 PM
For sure helps the Knicks, they were left with zero wiggle room had this not gone their way.

thekmp211
06-22-2012, 06:29 PM
they need to use that on size and defense on the wings, in addition to getting another PG with a pulse. nash or kidd would both work nicely. nash and deshawn stevenson would be a nice use of that money.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
At least he'll win one imo. Nash is not going to win one in NY.
your crazy if you don't think adding nash to our core doesn't make us serious contenders next year we'd be deep at every position except back up center which we could possibly address in the draft we'd pretty much be a better version of that mavs team who beat mia in the finals last year

NYsFinest
06-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Can the Knicks sign and trade Lin now that they have his bird rights? Lin, shump and Chandler for Howard.... sign Nash for MLE.

Nash
Fields
Melo
Stat
Howard

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Can the Knicks sign and trade Lin now that they have his bird rights? Lin, shump and Chandler for Howard.... sign Nash for MLE.

yea but that would kill our depth big time and then we'd rely on a 38 year old pg alone to get us there i think we would be better just adding nash to what we already have

$GangGr33n$
06-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Nash
Fields
Melo
Stat
Howard

terrible trade

NYsFinest
06-22-2012, 07:07 PM
yea but that would kill our depth big time and then we'd rely on a 38 year old pg alone to get us there i think we would be better just adding nash to what we already have

probably right... knicks dont really need howard. Would be nice if Lin is actually a trade piece though, his trade value should be huge due to the money he brings in. Not that i want the knicks to trade him, but would be nice having the option to have if a good trade was available.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 07:09 PM
probably right... knicks dont really need howard. Would be nice if Lin is actually a trade piece though, his trade value should be huge due to the money he brings in.
my thinking is if we underachieve next year again then we use j lin and whoever except melo and try to trade for cp3

Punk
06-22-2012, 07:11 PM

Lol is the bandwagon comfy?

Captain Moroni
06-22-2012, 07:18 PM
As much as I love Dwight Howard and recognize his number one status at the 5, with Amare and Melo in the fold, Tyson chandler is what we need. Let's use the mle intelligently. WE NEED ANOTHER PG. shumps is not a PG and out til January anyway. No stupid trades.
Imagine Lin and Felton .....that would be pretty tight. Kidd would work as well.

Lin smith melo stat Tyson
Felton, fields, Novak, Jorts, Jeffries

Kutchie03
06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
you knicks fans need to realize that your roster is awful, the players aren't compatible at all and there is a 0% chance that Kidd or Nash goes to NY to back up Lin

jimm120
06-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I think this decision also guarantees that JR Smith will opt out so his salary can go from 2.4 to 2.8..OR opt out to sign a multi-year deal with someone else.

Before, if the Knicks wouldn't have had money because the rule stayed the same, I could see him keeping the 2.4 because there'd be too little money left over.

Federal Reserve
06-22-2012, 07:34 PM
you knicks fans need to realize that your roster is awful, the players aren't compatible at all and there is a 0% chance that Kidd or Nash goes to NY to back up Lin

Your state doesn't even have an NBA team. Shutup.

D-Block21-Chito
06-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Haha yeah that sucks how could u live in a state with no team? Iowa blows

heyman321
06-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Your state doesn't even have an NBA team. Shutup.

Just because he's right he has to shut up? Amare and Melo are like peanut butter and ketchup. GROSS.

jimm120
06-22-2012, 07:38 PM

The 18-6 Knicks that were playing once Dantoni (HORRIBLE COACH!) was fired played pretty damn well and compatible.

Woodson, imo, is not the best coach, but he's infinitely better than Dantoni, as evidenced by Dantoni earning 18-24 record and Woodson earning 18 victories also...but only 6 losses.

And the playoffs were yet again a wash because of injuries.
2011: Roster was already thin because of the trade...and then Billups getting injured and Amare HURTING HIMSELF during a pregame dunk:facepalm:

2012: Lin out. Baron out. SHumpert out. Jeffries playing injured. Amare AGAIN HURTING HIMSELF:facepalm: by cutting up his hand.

Federal Reserve
06-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Just because he's right he has to shut up? Amare and Melo are like peanut butter and ketchup. GROSS.

How could there be 0% chance if anything is possible? I know you live in Toronto and are obviously not used to seeing your team sign big free agents, but here in New York it happens. The Knicks played without a point guard for the entire season. Once Nash joins, the Knicks will easily pick up a title.

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 07:49 PM

Can't wait till the New York faces Iowa next season

Oh wait

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Can't wait till the New York faces Iowa next season

Oh wait

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

heyman321
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
How could there be 0% chance if anything is possible? I know you live in Toronto and are obviously not used to seeing your team sign big free agents, but here in New York it happens. The Knicks played without a point guard for the entire season. Once Nash joins, the Knicks will easily pick up a title.

Lol you're using the fact that the Raptors are crap as a crutch. No disagreement here. The Raptors are pathetic and will be for eternity unless they get one day get a good #1 pick.

That doesn't change the fact that New York will be destroyed in the first round for pretty much the next 3-4 years as long as Lebron James exists. Lin is decent, but the main problem is Melo and Amare. Could there be a worse tandem? It's either let Melo dominate the ball and the Knicks are decent, or let Lin work the pick and roll with Amare and Chandler and distribute and be pretty decent too, but your team has no semblance of identity and what they should do. Nash will be a huge upgrade on Lin, but that's not taking you anywhere, considering your team currently has no good bench players.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 07:56 PM
it was only a matter of time before this became a knicks hate thread:facepalm:

LongIslandIcedZ
06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Do actual people that know basketball honestly think the Knicks roster is awful? Once Woodson took they were 18-6, which is very good. Yea they got smacked in the playoffs, but its not like they got smacked by Indiana or Philly. They got smacked by Miami, the NBA champs in the same amount of the games the Thunder lost in. I'm not saying their favorites by any stretch, but to call that an awful roster is laughable.

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Lol you're using the fact that the Raptors are crap as a crutch. No disagreement here. The Raptors are pathetic and will be for eternity unless they get one day get a good #1 pick.

That doesn't change the fact that New York will be destroyed in the first round for pretty much the next 3-4 years as long as Lebron James exists. Lin is decent, but the main problem is Melo and Amare. Could there be a worse tandem? It's either let Melo dominate the ball and the Knicks are decent, or let Lin work the pick and roll with Amare and Chandler and distribute and be pretty decent too, but your team has no semblance of identity and what they should do. Nash will be a huge upgrade on Lin, but that's not taking you anywhere, considering your team currently has no good bench players.

JR Smith is one of the top 6th men in the game...what are you saying?

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2012, 08:04 PM

Knicks bench players had the moniker of Mobb Deep. It was those same guys who sparked Linsanity without Melo n Amare. You have some valid points but ur overreacting a bit too much here.

Bornknick73
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Go chop down your cornfield you hick....

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME....

in your mouth!

ThunderousDemon
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM

JR Smith is an inconsistent chucker.

smith&wesson
06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
nash in new york would be great. he would make sure both melo and amare get their touches. he would be the best mentor to j.lin.

it would be the best thing to happen to the knicks.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Lin sucks.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2012, 08:07 PM
nash in new york would be great. he would make sure both melo and amare get their touches. he would be the best mentor to j.lin.

it would be the best thing to happen to the knicks.

I could only dream

AntiG
06-22-2012, 08:08 PM
they still can only pay Lin $5 million. Someone like Brooklyn (if they lose Deron) or Toronto, both of whom have a HUGE potential Asian American fanbase can easily pay more.

Bornknick73
06-22-2012, 08:08 PM
While I agree the StoudeMelo tandem has been difficult, its not horrible. I think Amare has to adopt the midrange stretch 4 mentality to compliment Melo better.

Because without a Nash or CP3 I dont see how it can work. We need a top flight PG to put it all together and unlike my Knicks bretheren who think Lin is Jesus, hes not the savior.

Bornknick73
06-22-2012, 08:10 PM
And if you want to talk about all time fail tandems or groups.....

Barkley, Pippen, Drexler, Hakeem experiment was total fail.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2012, 08:11 PM
they still can only pay Lin $5 million. Someone like Brooklyn (if they lose Deron) or Toronto, both of whom have a HUGE potential Asian American fanbase can easily pay more.

He's restricted

llemon
06-22-2012, 08:12 PM

JR Smith finished in a three-way tie for 18th place in the 6th man of the year voting with one 3rd place vote.

AntiG
06-22-2012, 08:14 PM
He's restricted

restricted free agent is subject to his current team's Right of First Refusal, meaning that the player can be signed to an offer sheet by another team, but his current club reserves the right to match the offer and keep the player. That means that if a team wants Lin, they can offer more than $6 million and the Knicks won't be able to match (early bird right nor MLE) without trading away one of the big three max salary players to open up the cap. Same goes for Novak.

xabial
06-22-2012, 08:17 PM
They will only be able to use 3 Million of the MLE though according to Larry Coon. Which Sucks. Would of been cool to see Nash and Amare re-unite.

**** Larry Coon. ESPN doesn't aways know everything. They have $5M is they choose to Not sign Fields. (Tough Decision..)

If i were them I'd let Fields Go, and with the $5M Mid-Level Exception and sign whoever can help the team for $15M. (Which is a lot of money..)

llemon
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
restricted free agent is subject to his current team's Right of First Refusal, meaning that the player can be signed to an offer sheet by another team, but his current club reserves the right to match the offer and keep the player. That means that if a team wants Lin, they can offer more than $6 million and the Knicks won't be able to match (early bird right nor MLE) without trading away one of the big three max salary players to open up the cap. Same goes for Novak.

I think you should read the rules again.

heyman321
06-22-2012, 08:19 PM

Lol you should be a comedian dude. You're good. I'd buy tickets.

Bubba313
06-22-2012, 08:19 PM

Yes, but teams can only offer 6 mil for the first two years, then backload a deal to the max or so for the final two years according to the Gilbert Arenas Rule. Regardless, the Knicks will be able to match no matter how big the deal is and I am sure they intend to do so.

NYsFinest
06-22-2012, 08:21 PM

I dont think you understand how a restricted free agent works....

bleedprple&gold
06-22-2012, 08:22 PM

Not true...Gilbert Arenas provision...look it up

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Yes, but teams can only offer 6 mil for the first two years, then backload a deal to the max or so for the final two years according to the Gilbert Arenas Rule. Regardless, the Knicks will be able to match no matter how big the deal is and I am sure they intend to do so.

Thank u, didn't have to waste my time.

97NYer
06-22-2012, 08:25 PM

he's leaning toward taking it

BSplaya2121
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Lin sucks.

Its intelligent quotes like these that I like. Not opinion but actual fact, based on a ton of research and gathered data. We need more posters like these so to add intelligence to this forum. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Listen this arbitration win does not mean that the Knicks are going to be able to go out and get another Max player, but it gives them the ability to go out there and possibly sign a couple legitimate veterans. Maybe not Steve Nash but Kidd is certainly available, maybe Lamar Odom, Ray Allen, who knows. Im not saying that it will be any one of those guys but to be honest if they could. It would make this team a lot better by not only adding talent and depth but a lot of playoff experience. HUGE WIN for the Knickerbockers :clap:

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 08:47 PM
:facepalm: how is jr smith not a top sixth man he would probaly be starting on half the teams in the league right now

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 08:48 PM
:facepalm: how is jr smith not a top sixth man he would probaly be starting on half the teams in the league right now

He is a great sixth man, if you like players that can shoot you out of a game in about 5 minutes.

thekmp211
06-22-2012, 08:49 PM

yeah the bobcats, kings, suns, timberwolves and a bunch of other lottery teams.

there is a reason a guy with his talent has NEVER started and probably won't for any decent team.

he's a very good bench player, not a top 6th man. lol.

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 08:50 PM

JR Smith should not start for any NBA team,that guy is a clown and a pot head.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 08:53 PM
JR Smith should not start for any NBA team,that guy is a clown and a pot head.
hey hey hey thers nothing wrong with pot:D nah but i agree he hasn't hit his potential yet dude is still mad young and i think woodson is the right coach for him i mean dam the clippers were offering this guy a starting spot he just came to ny for the money

Glen20
06-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Knicks are rigged to win for next year...SMH :facepalm:
this league is pathetic.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Knicks are rigged to win for next year...SMH :facepalm:
this league is pathetic.
why so mad you guys were rigged to win for this year:D

Glen20
06-22-2012, 08:58 PM
why so mad you guys were rigged to win for this year:D

yeh but i don't like the rigging when its for other teams except my own :mad:

^that's what PSD was for the last month or so.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 08:59 PM
hey hey hey thers nothing wrong with pot:D nah but i agree he hasn't hit his potential yet dude is still mad young and i think woodson is the right coach for him i mean dam the clippers were offering this guy a starting spot he just came to ny for the money

He is 26, has been in the league for 8 years. How much longer for him to bloom. He is a 7-8th man and a chucker, put him in, if he is hot keep him in til ge cools, if he is cold take him out.

He is not young, he should be peaking at this time, yet he is still boasting an average 15 PER. Hell Gerlad Green's PER is equal to his.

Every post about the Knicks with you is based on "ifs" and "potential". Well that isn't how sports work. Potential is opinion, stats are facts.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:13 PM
He is 26, has been in the league for 8 years. How much longer for him to bloom. He is a 7-8th man and a chucker, put him in, if he is hot keep him in til ge cools, if he is cold take him out.

He is not young, he should be peaking at this time, yet he is still boasting an average 15 PER. Hell Gerlad Green's PER is equal to his.

Every post about the Knicks with you is based on "ifs" and "potential". Well that isn't how sports work. Potential is opinion, stats are facts.
lmao oh no he's 26 his career is over:facepalm: dude it happens some people are late bloomers jr had his best days as a nugget they didn't let him go cuz he sucks they let him go cuz dude is a little slow in the head sometimes but he has all the talent ther just needs to take it to the basket more very underrated defender and rebounder and as much of a chuck he is he still hits big shots when needed kinda reminds me of a young john starks plus he came from china this year and didn't really see nba type competition plus coaching change with a full training camp under woody he can become a better player remember everybody said the same things about crawford when he played for the knicks now every body wants him back jr will be fine

utl768
06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
jr smith sucks

all he does is chuck up shot after shot with no care for the situation

i wouldnt put him on a middle school team let alone an nba team

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:16 PM
lmao oh no he's 26 his career is over:facepalm: dude it happens some people are late bloomers jr had his best days as a nugget they didn't let him go cuz he sucks they let him go cuz dude is a little slow in the head sometimes but he has all the talent ther just needs to take it to the basket more very underrated defender and rebounder and as much of a chuck he is he still hits big shots when needed kinda reminds me of a young john starks plus he came from china this year and didn't really see nba type competition plus coaching change with a full training camp under woody he can become a better player remember everybody said the same things about crawford when he played for the knicks now every body wants him back jr will be fine

Did I say his career is over? Nope, you just put words in my mouth. I think he has plateued, but thta isn't a bad thing. He plays horrible defense, can't pass worth a ****, and shoots upon the ball hitting his hands. He is a hot/cold player with very little consistency. Look at his series against Miami in the playoffs. He shot 30%. If you want that as a 6th man and think that is a top 6th man then you sir should in no way be allowed to even coach a YMCA youth team.

oak2455
06-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Lin makes me hard

that's weird:facepalm:

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Did I say his career is over? Nope, you just put words in my mouth. I think he has plateued, but thta isn't a bad thing. He plays horrible defense, can't pass worth a ****, and shoots upon the ball hitting his hands. He is a hot/cold player with very little consistency. Look at his series against Miami in the playoffs. He shot 30%. If you want that as a 6th man and think that is a top 6th man then you sir should in no way be allowed to even coach a YMCA youth team.

:facepalm: you obviously haven't seen this dude play his defense is what keeps him on the court he's also a dam good passer i agree he does tend to shoot to dam much but the coach should tell him to chill out also we got hit with alot of injuries this year so he had to shoot but goddam not that much but its cool the only reason i know you haven't seen jr play is because you haven't talked about his horrid ball handling for a sg again tho jr needs to play with a good pg that can hit him in his spots

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:29 PM
:facepalm: you obviously haven't seen this dude play his defense is what keeps him on the court he's also a dam good passer i agree he does tend to shoot to dam much but the coach should tell him to chill out also we got hit with alot of injuries this year so he had to shoot but goddam not that much but its cool the only reason i know you haven't seen jr play is because you haven't talked about his horrid ball handling for a sg again tho jr needs to play with a good pg that can hit him in his spots

averages 2 apg on 20 + minutes. Not a good passer.

On the defensive front, he allowed old man Mike Miller to drive on his ***. He fell asleep on D and Miller took him to the hole twice. The guy is lazy on defense.

Enjoy your "all-star" team of players. Lin, Stat, JR.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
top 5 6th man
1 harden
2 ginobli
3 j terry
4 wilson chandler
5 jr smith:D

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:32 PM
averages 2 apg on 20 + minutes. Not a good passer.

On the defensive front, he allowed old man Mike Miller to drive on his ***. He fell asleep on D and Miller took him to the hole twice. The guy is lazy on defense.

Enjoy your "all-star" team of players. Lin, Stat, JR.
who the hell else was he suppose to pass it too our team was depleted come playoff time and don't sleep on mike miller white boy got game

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 09:33 PM
jr smith sucks

all he does is chuck up shot after shot with no care for the situation

i wouldnt put him on a middle school team let alone an nba team

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:34 PM
i never said he was an all star just a top 6th man in this league now you putting words in my mouth

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:35 PM
top 5 6th man
1 harden
2 ginobli
3 j terry
4 wilson chandler

You forgot, Lou Williams, Mo Williams, Al Harrington, Andre Miller, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Bass, Taj Gibson, JJ Reddick, OJ Mayo, and Ben Gordon.

Shame on you for making a worthless list.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:36 PM
who the hell else was he suppose to pass it too our team was depleted come playoff time and don't sleep on mike miller white boy got game

Yeah Amare and Melo have no idea how to score :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 09:37 PM
i never said he was an all star just a top 6th man in this league now you putting words in my mouth

You seriously want this clown on your team?

http://youtu.be/FcZnFCF3oxc

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah Amare and Melo have no idea how to score :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

stick to commenting on your own teams the reason jr even gets the ball is because melo is being double teamed and amare couldn't hit a dam shot outside the paint this year ima even add more players novak was scared every time he got the ball and landry fields jump shot is about as ugly as shaq shooting free throws

h2r09
06-22-2012, 09:40 PM
honest question here, not trying to troll.

do knicks fans really think this current core of players they have is anywhere close to winning a title? your teams offensse is carmelo isolation and everyone else running with their heads cut off and a bunch of other guys who can't play defense.

that team is nowhere near contending.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:42 PM
stick to commenting on your own teams the reason jr even gets the ball is because melo is being double teamed and amare couldn't hit a dam shot outside the paint this year ima even add more players novak was scared every time he got the ball and landry fields jump shot is about as ugly as shaq shooting free throws

So you think your team is talentless in this thread, but you think they are contenders in another.

Hmmmmmmmmm......talk in circles much?

anyway. No comment on how wrong your top 6th man list is?

llemon
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
top 5 6th man
1 harden
2 ginobli
3 j terry
4 wilson chandler

3-way tie for 18th best 6th man.

1 third place vote.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:47 PM
1. Harden
2. Ginobli
3. Terry
4. Lou Williams
5. Andre Miller
6. Jamal Crawford
7. Bass
8. Gibson
9. Mo Williams
10. Hansborough
11. Redick
12. Mayo
13. Gordon
14. Landry
15. Bundinger
16. Shumpert
17. Favors

What is crazy is Smith isn't even the best 6th man on your team. Yet alone top 5 in the NBA.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:47 PM
You forgot, Lou Williams, Mo Williams, Al Harrington, Andre Miller, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Bass, Taj Gibson, JJ Reddick, OJ Mayo, and Ben Gordon.

Shame on you for making a worthless list.
:facepalm: first off it should atleast be guards but whatever 2nd j crawford started for portland this year also did bass ben gordon is just as much a chucker as jr lou williams il give you al buckets sucks don't get me started with that dude oj mayo i'l giv you fine i'l make a new dam list lmao
1 harden
2 ginobili
3 j terry
4wilson chand
5 oj mayo
6 l williams
7 jr smith:D

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Once again flatbush making Knick fans look bad 3 days in a row.SMH

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:50 PM
1. Harden
2. Ginobli
3. Terry
4. Lou Williams
5. Andre Miller
6. Jamal Crawford
7. Bass
8. Gibson
9. Mo Williams
10. Hansborough
11. Redick
12. Mayo
13. Gordon
14. Landry
15. Bundinger
16. Shumpert
17. Favors

What is crazy is Smith isn't even the best 6th man on your team. Yet alone top 5 in the NBA.
dude no big man has won sixth man of the year since l odom and all those people on your list became starters starters :facepalm:

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Once again flatbush making Knick fans look bad 3 days in a row.SMH
not as bad as you make magic fans look :facepalm:

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:54 PM
dude no big man has won sixth man of the year since l odom and all those people on your list became starters starters :facepalm:

Your comment wasn't about winning an award. And some of them became starters because of injuries during the year. But they are true sixth men when the team is healthy. Harden started this year as well, still won sixth man.

The guys I listed are players that impact a team and are consistent at doing so.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 09:55 PM
So you think your team is talentless in this thread, but you think they are contenders in another.

Hmmmmmmmmm......talk in circles much?

anyway. No comment on how wrong your top 6th man list is?

lmao show me where i said we were contenders with that roster :facepalm:
and yes outside of melo jr and chand come playoff time we were talentless everybody was fkn injured !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Your lack of understanding what a sixth man is is astounding. It can be any bench player coming off the bench that has large impacts on the game.

A lot of times sixth men will get starts as well to change up the starting lineup feeling or because of injuries. Diaw won sixth man one year I believe, he was both a big man and a starter at various time in the year.

TheNumber37
06-22-2012, 09:57 PM
With Lin AND Novak back in the fold. I can see JR wanting to come back to the party... maybe's he's been waiting to see which way this fell before deciding to pick up or not. With his Ego, he should want to restore his image in NY. We should make a run at Kidd, Andre Miller. And We might need another big who can score. Fields and a pick maybe can net us something solid.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:58 PM
lmao show me where i said we were contenders with that roster :facepalm:
and yes outside of melo jr and chand come playoff time we were talentless everybody was fkn injured !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Lin and Shumpert were injured. Not you entire roster. Good teams can win without role players.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Your comment wasn't about winning an award. And some of them became starters because of injuries during the year. But they are true sixth men when the team is healthy. Harden started this year as well, still won sixth man.

The guys I listed are players that impact a team and are consistent at doing so.
well i think that would be common sense crawford started alot of the year this year and brandon bass did also jr smith didn't start one game this year i know i mean dam you even put shumpert in ther and he started about half the year too so take those 3 off your list and jr is like 13 or something:facepalm: you just proved me right dum ***

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 10:01 PM
I would take JJ Redick as 6th man before JR Thug Smith.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 10:03 PM
well i think that would be common sense crawford started alot of the year this year and brandon bass did also jr smith didn't start one game this year i know i mean dam you even put shumpert in ther and he started about half the year too so take those 3 off your list and jr is like 13 or something:facepalm: you just proved me right dum ***

sixth men fill in for injuries and can start. Doesn't mean they are true starters for the team. You still fail to see that.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Lin and Shumpert were injured. Not you entire roster. Good teams can win without role players.
are you slow our starting pg and best perimeter defender also our 2nd and probaly 4th scoring option are out and its not going to affect us gtfoh:mad:

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:06 PM
are you slow our starting pg and best perimeter defender also our 2nd and probaly 4th scoring option are out and its not going to affect us gtfoh:mad:

you wouldn't have won regardless

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:07 PM
sixth men fill in for injuries and can start. Doesn't mean they are true starters for the team. You still fail to see that.
:facepalm: well let me reframe my statment a top 10 bench player who didn't start half or even in some of your examples almost all the year:laugh:

EastNYLos
06-22-2012, 10:08 PM
ohh man ::facepalm::

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:09 PM
you wouldn't have won regardless

hell o we would have swept them jk no we wouldn't have won but we could have won more then one game i bet you that just imagine th party at msg if we would've won 2 playoff games in 10 years:clap::cheer::dance:

NyMik3
06-22-2012, 10:12 PM
J.R. Smith is better than JJ Redick. No question.

ChitownBears22
:facepalm: well let me reframe my statment a top 10 bench player who didn't start half or even in some of your examples almost all the year:laugh:

Crawford started 6/60 games 10%
Bass started alot of games because O' Neal got injured. He was a sixth man pushed into a starting role

They are sixth men not starters. Matchups and injuries dictates their seasons.

flatbush knicks
I would take JJ Redick as 6th man before JR Thug Smith.

:facepalm: reddick over jr troll stay away because the tragic my bad i mean magic were interested in jr smith too and if he opts out you guys would kill to have him so would the bulls lakers clippers

EastNYLos
06-22-2012, 10:13 PM
hell o we would have swept them jk no we wouldn't have won but we could have won more then one game i bet you that just imagine th party at msg if we would've won 2 playoff games in 10 years:clap::cheer::dance:

What is the point you are trying to make? that the knicks would've just won 2 games? that's it? :cool:

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Crawford started 6/60 games 10%
Bass started alot of games because O' Neal got injured. He was a sixth man pushed into a starting role

They are sixth men not starters. Matchups and injuries dictates their seasons.
6 out of 60 felton was benched and jcraw took over the starting spot and oneal got injured early in the year show me proof and i'l admit im wrong but if not then stfu

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:15 PM

are you purposely trying to make knicks fans look bad?

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 10:16 PM
:facepalm: reddick over jr troll stay away because the tragic my bad i mean magic were interested in jr smith too and if he opts out you guys would kill to have him so would the bulls lakers clippers

They have the same PER, equal stats, yet JJ shoots a better percentage both FG and 3-pt.

#justsaying

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:16 PM
What is the point you are trying to make? that the knicks would've just won 2 games? that's it? :cool:
ay lilbruh bruh you dn't talk to paperchasin prestin like dat yuh jitterbug bruh man:mad:

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 10:17 PM
6 out of 60 felton was benched and jcraw took over the starting spot and oneal got injured early in the year show me proof and i'l admit im wrong but if not then stfu

O neal played 24 games I believe.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crawfja01.html

He started 6 out of 60 games. So you are wrong. So maybe you should heed your advice and STFU.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 10:18 PM
ay lilbruh bruh you dn't talk to paperchasin prestin like dat yuh jitterbug bruh man:mad:

Yup just outed himself as a troll.

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 10:19 PM

:sad2:flatbush

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:20 PM
They have the same PER, equal stats, yet JJ shoots a better percentage both FG and 3-pt.

#justsaying

don't get me wrong reddick probaly has the best shot in the league but thats it jr is better in every other category and a much better athlete:speechless:

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Yup just outed himself as a troll.
:confused:

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 10:22 PM

whoa, hit the nail on the head.

NY wont use the full mle either. they will use the mini.

i think a free agent would rather take the mini from miami over NY tho.

ChitownBears22
don't get me wrong reddick probaly has the best shot in the league but thats it jr is better in every other category and a much better athlete:speechless:

Same assists, same rebounding, same PER. Reddick better shooter.

So yes Reddick is better. Being athletic doesn't mean anything if you fail to use it in a productive way. Ask Gerald Green.

EastNYLos
jj is a better player i think overall..

jr tends to have his break out games here n there that he just goes off..but then he has those horrible games where he can't buy a bucket..

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
:confused:

Who honestly talks like that. Children.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
O neal played 24 games I believe.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crawfja01.html

He started 6 out of 60 games. So you are wrong. So maybe you should heed your advice and STFU.
ok you got it boss crawford was a sixth man ok i'l put him on my list

:clap:

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 10:25 PM
ok you got it boss crawford was a sixth man ok i'l put him on my list

:clap:

Now admit you were wrong like you said you were.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:25 PM
jj is a better player i think overall..

jr tends to have his break out games here n there that he just goes off..but then he has those horrible games where he can't buy a bucket..

:facepalm: jj can't hold jr's jockstrap plus he's bangin rhiana thats got to count for something:D

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Now admit you were wrong like you said you were.
lmao wrong that still puts jr at 8th on my list:laugh::laugh::laugh::silly:

IDunknown
06-22-2012, 10:26 PM

It's 5 mil not 6,but yes you're correct.The other post was wrong.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 10:28 PM

So you are a liar as well as a uniformed Knicks fan. Good to know.

Hoopin&Swoopin
06-22-2012, 10:29 PM

Is this worth it?

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 10:29 PM
maybe the knicks can get deron williams for the mle

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 10:32 PM
lmao yea you know more about my team then i do u got it boss your argument is pointless he isn't a good player because he shoot to much what about when his shot goes in kobe shhots alot so does melo crawford i could go on for days i've watched every single knicks game since we got amare i think i know a thing or too youngin:smoking:

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 10:32 PM

Are you 12 or 13 yrs old?

ThunderousDemon
06-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the entertainment. http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sHa_popcorn.gif

NYG 2000
06-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Nash isn't going to NY, but I could see Kidd sign there and help mentor Lin. this, word is that Nash is considering Portland, Toronto and phoenix I believe

Captain Moroni
06-22-2012, 11:26 PM
JR Smith finished in a three-way tie for 18th place in the 6th man of the year voting with one 3rd place vote.

JR Smith was signed in February

llemon
06-22-2012, 11:32 PM
i refuse to stay on topic until my knicks get the respect they deserve everytime i bring up a player on our team somebody trolls me and says he's either overrated or to old so why should i take these clowns on here serious because if jr smith opts out now then almost every team in the league would be after him even the heat

Curious to see what teams go after JR, and what kind of $ he's offered.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:37 PM
i refuse to stay on topic until my knicks get the respect they deserve everytime i bring up a player on our team somebody trolls me and says he's either overrated or to old so why should i take these clowns on here serious because if jr smith opts out now then almost every team in the league would be after him even the heat

what respect do the knicks DESERVE?
you have to earn it by winning...

llemon

Yes he was.

The season started Christmas Day.

JR, the shooter, shot 40.7%

Knicks21
Curious to see what teams go after JR, and what kind of $ he's offered.

I think a full MLE is what he will get, T wolves perhaps?

heyman321
06-22-2012, 11:48 PM
So we pretty much all agree JR Smith sucks except for that one knick fan.

llemon
06-22-2012, 11:48 PM

Yes he was.

The season started Christmas Day.

JR, the shooter, shot 40.7%

Jamal Crawford had a lower FG% and a lower 3-point% than JR, but got more votes for 6th man of the year because many in the NBA consider JR Smith a cancer. Also, Crawford can play the point

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 11:49 PM
So we pretty much all agree JR Smith sucks except for that one knick fan.

No he is #1 sixth man, because he didn't start any games. Unlike Harden, Gordon, Ginobli, ect.

duh

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 11:54 PM
I think a full MLE is what he will get, T wolves perhaps?

nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he needs to opt into his contract:D

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 11:56 PM
No he is #1 sixth man, because he didn't start any games. Unlike Harden, Gordon, Ginobli, ect.

duh
:clap: i thaught you'd see it my way

llemon
06-23-2012, 12:08 AM

duh

JR started one game.

flatbush knicks
06-23-2012, 12:12 AM
whatever back on topic if we get nash we then become the 2nd best team in the east even if d12 goes to the nets which i actually want to happen now

Glen20
06-23-2012, 12:15 AM
whatever back on topic if we get nash we then become the 2nd best team in the east even if d12 goes to the nets which i actually want to happen now

itd be fun for non Nyers to watch that **** go down

ChitownBears22
06-23-2012, 12:16 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

But you have Jeremy Lin, a top 10 point guard (your words)

flatbush knicks
06-23-2012, 12:17 AM
itd be fun for non Nyers to watch that **** go down

:confused: you mean d12 going to the nets

llemon
06-23-2012, 12:24 AM

Not sure Nash will fit with 'Melo, and don't see Woodson running an offense geared around Little Stevie's strengths.

But I'm a big Steve Nash fan.

flatbush knicks
06-23-2012, 12:31 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

But you have Jeremy Lin, a top 10 point guard (your words)
no actually im one of the few knick fans who don't overrate j lin however if we do get nash i can see him being lins tutor and molding him into a top 5 pg

flatbush knicks
06-23-2012, 12:36 AM
flatbush is not from the hood,he is from greenwich village ny,he stays in the suburbs with his mommy.
omg skyler why you always gotta be blowing up spot guy dammit:D

Avenged
06-23-2012, 12:37 AM
48 deleted posts, I am closing this one down.

Behave yourselves, kids.