PDA

View Full Version : Quote from a Western Conference GM

lpdunks8
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Thoughts?

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Western Conference GM: "Trade LeBron for Durant and Heat still would've won title. So let's not get too over-the-top about all this."

llemon
06-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Thoughts?

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Western Conference GM: "Trade LeBron for Durant and Heat still would've won title. So let's not get too over-the-top about all this."

Ain't freedom of speech a wonderful thing?

alistar
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote from Western Conference GM = Sam Presti

John Walls Era
06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe. What kind of GM would make such a statement? This is something media and fans would claim, not a professional in the NBA.

aLau10
06-22-2012, 02:15 PM
LOL thats laughable. :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
06-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Not true at all. LeBron was exponentially the best player in this series. Durant may have scored with him, but Bron was the best rebounder, passer, and defender in the series to go along with he and Durant being the best scorers.

lpdunks8
OKC would have rolled Miami with Lebron James.

justinnum1
my thoughts are that guy is high off his ***.

thunder were doubling lebron.
miami was single covering durant.

durant was not going to draw the double teams or get miami's 3 pt shooters their shots.

Another fun stat: Battier & Chalmers were a combined 3-for-32 from 3-pt range with LeBron on the bench in the playoffs. That's 9 percent.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM
by the way, Durant controlling the ball isn't finding all those shooters. He doesn't have LeBron's passing instincts, or abilities.

bluefire7002
06-22-2012, 02:18 PM
What team is he a GM for?

lpdunks8
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
What team is he a GM for?

He's not going to give up his source. It would be interesting to know though.

dhopisthename
06-22-2012, 02:36 PM
I get what he is trying to say in that lebrons teammates were better bar westbrook, but lebron was the heats best rebouder, passer and scorer this series and did it all at a higher level then durant bar scoring which was even

Swashcuff
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Thinking of who the worst GM in the WC is..... whoever it is he was the one who made this statement.

SugeKnight
06-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Stupid. LeBron with the Thunders role plates would **** on Durant with Miamis squad

Rivera
06-22-2012, 02:41 PM
I agree with the west executive

by the way, Durant controlling the ball isn't finding all those shooters. He doesn't have LeBron's passing instincts, or abilities.

Durant stll wont handle the rock though, wade would and before lebron won his ring people thought wade/lebron werent a good a match together and were to similr as player styles, there D would till b terrific and durant gives wade more floor spacing

The only thing that wouldnt allow them to win a ring wth durant instead of lebron is if wade played piss poor like he did at times through these playoffs

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Do players like Battier, Miller and Chalmers make those 3's if it was Durant who was the playmaker?

rocket
06-22-2012, 02:45 PM
He's right. But that doesn't mean LeBron didn't do anything for the Heat to win the tittle. The Heat have a better chance with LeBron though. But if you put KD on the Heat roster, they would probably win a tittle.

smith&wesson
06-22-2012, 02:53 PM
durant is not the defender lebron is.
durant does not have the passing ability lebron has.

clearly lebron is the best player in the game right now. why ppl cant just accept it blows my mind. durant is a very very very good player. he is also 23 years of age. the kid has time to grow and he will.

ManRam
06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
LeBron's rebounding, defense and passing (especially game 5) mean just as much to his team as his 30 points a game. KD can't do that...

KB24PG16
06-22-2012, 02:59 PM
it was probably mitch hes always trolling

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2012, 03:05 PM
that sounds like a eastern conference gm's quote. That has jordan written all over it.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2012, 03:07 PM

Durant stll wont handle the rock though, wade would and before lebron won his ring people thought wade/lebron werent a good a match together and were to similr as player styles, there D would till b terrific and durant gives wade more floor spacing

The only thing that wouldnt allow them to win a ring wth durant instead of lebron is if wade played piss poor like he did at times through these playoffs

well, you successfully underrated the **** out of LeBron's passing, timing, rebounding, and defense, so congrats.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Do players like Battier, Miller and Chalmers make those 3's if it was Durant who was the playmaker?

no they don't, because Durant is incapable of making those passes on a routine basis. He is also incapable of holding LeBron in check. LeBron was responsible for FAR more of the Heat's baskets than Durant was for the Thunder. Add to it that LeBron was the best rebounder and defender in the series, and I would venture to say that if you flipped them, OKC wins that series.

Young and Stupid
06-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Quite frankly, I think that's a ludicrous statement. I think if you swap the two players, the Thunder (with LeBron) would be far and away better than the Heat (with Durant). In fact, I'd argue that new Thunder (with LeBron) would be better than the current Heat (with LeBron). Oklahoma City is a better fit for James. He'd be the player who could provide the team with low-post scoring; while Harden and Westbrook could provide the perimeter scoring. And defensively, that team would be a nightmare -- Westbrook, LeBron, Sefolosha, Ibaka and Perkins. That's scary.

ManRam
06-22-2012, 03:16 PM

Well, we are talking about these playoffs. And Wade did play "piss poor". So if you don't think Durant could have won with Wade playing that piss poor...why are you agreeing?

Wade would have to do more than he did if he had KD and not LeBron...because LeBron can pick up the slack in every regard.

He can and did defend all 5 positions. He can and did play the role of point-forward. He can and did rebound like a center. He can do so many things KD can't. Yes, KD can stroke it from three much better...but that's really it at this point in their careers. KD relies so much on others setting him up, and if Wade isn't the dynamic player he has been for so long, it's going to be a lot more difficult for a Durant-led team to get it done.

Swashcuff
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
People who are agreeing with this GM really don't know basketball.

LeBron did everything for these Heat in the Finals and a major reason they won was because of their D. Who was their best defensive player? With LeBron on their team Westbrook and Harden would be even better offensive players.

Bravo95
06-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Nah.

TheWhiteMamba
06-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Swap KD for Lebron and i think the HEat still win but not in 5 games.

Teeboy1487
06-22-2012, 04:23 PM
I disagree. Guys like Battier, Miller, Cole, and Chalmers were given wide open shots because of Lebron's point guard ability. Lebron's rebounding, defense, and passing was the difference in the series. Lebron made his teammates better than Durant made his teammates.

koreancabbage
06-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Swap KD for Lebron and i think the HEat still win but not in 5 games.

I think you put Lebron on any half decent team now, they have a chance to win a championship (esp with his new demeanor)

IgglesFanInCO
06-22-2012, 05:05 PM
lebrons teammates were better BECAUSE of lebron, if he had been on okc the role players would of excelled just like the heat's did

Ebbs
06-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Lol no.

Although you trade westbrook for wade heat still win.

Rivera
06-22-2012, 05:19 PM
well, you successfully underrated the **** out of LeBron's passing, timing, rebounding, and defense, so congrats.

or maybe your really underrating d-wades passing ability. before lebron got to miami wade was averaging almost 7 assist a game and accounted for 31, 33, 40, 37, 40, 36 percent of the teams assist on field goals when he was on the floor.

Not to mention if you look at there career assist percentages d-wade is at 32.8 and lebrons at 34.1. the difference isnt that big. i never discounted lebrons passing abilities but i guess your assuming i am. i think wade is a better passer than people give him credit for. hes not as good as lebron at passing but i dont think hes that far off to be honest. lebron may have the best vision/passing abilities (next to rondo/nash/paul) but wade is right there after. the same way you said im underrating the **** out of lebrons passing ability ill do the same to you

your really underrating D-Wades passing ability and those assist numbers would go up with durant next to wade because durant spaces the floor better and wade would have more control of the ball. compared to him playing lebron where lebron handles the rock more and when wade does have the ball hes not near the shooter durant it.

not hating but only speaking truth.

Well, we are talking about these playoffs. And Wade did play "piss poor". So if you don't think Durant could have won with Wade playing that piss poor...why are you agreeing?

Wade would have to do more than he did if he had KD and not LeBron...because LeBron can pick up the slack in every regard.

He can and did defend all 5 positions. He can and did play the role of point-forward. He can and did rebound like a center. He can do so many things KD can't. Yes, KD can stroke it from three much better...but that's really it at this point in their careers. KD relies so much on others setting him up, and if Wade isn't the dynamic player he has been for so long, it's going to be a lot more difficult for a Durant-led team to get it done.

because in my opinion if wade was more in control of the ball i dont think he would have played as bad as he did at times during this playoff run. its a completley hypothetical question and my answer is hyporthetical. we dont know if wade would have had a better playoffs playing with durant because wade would have had the ball more and wades "injuries" would have shown to be more or less serious since he would be putting in more work with durant by his side as the primary ball handler

KD can guard 1-4 and he cant guard the 5 yet ill give you that. hes a better defender (at least to me) then what people give him credit for and KD was a very good rebounder for the season he averaged the same amount of rebounds lebron did.

i dont know where KDs rebounding ability went in the finals. i dont have an excuse/explination for it

KingsPhillies
06-22-2012, 05:49 PM
From a strictly defensive standpoint, swapping LeBron-Durant would be too much for the Heat.

When you get down to it, both guys are going to make baskets, but LeBron does everything else too...and he does it better than Durant. I'm not trying to take anything away from KD, but LeBron's all-round game is much more polished. Plus, LeBron had something to prove. He was the difference maker for the Heat in this series; hence the Finals MVP.

Now that Durant has had a taste of the Finals, he's going to want it all that much more. He's going to get better, and his time will likely come. But right now, LeBron does deserve some credit. That GM needs to have his head examined. That, or he's just another hater.

NoahH
06-22-2012, 05:53 PM
okc would have rolled miami with lebron james.

this

tapajafri
06-22-2012, 09:18 PM
this is absolutely false. Durant couldn't have distributed the ball to shooters like Miller, Chalmers, and Battier like Lebron did. Hell, Lebron was even distributing the ball into the paint to get Bosh easy shots. Absolutely no way would Miami have easily won with Durant instead of Lebron. They wouldn't have even gotten by Boston.