PDA

View Full Version : If Heat don't win another title would it be considered a let down?

TheWhiteMamba
06-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Not a troll, this is a legit question. With Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all still in their prime do you think it would be a let down if they dont win another title while the big 3 are together? The East should be another cake walk next year (Rose hurt, Boston very old). The only team i see that could give them a fight is NY. But they still have questions that need to be addressed.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Assuming reasonable health, it would be arguably the most embarrassing thing in NBA history for them to just get one.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
They will get another one for sure.

zB_#85
06-22-2012, 12:49 PM
to Heat fans, yes it would be a letdown. Realistically, they might not. D-Wade will decline and OKC is coming up and will be a perrennial force to be reckoned with. Also, if Mavs could pull off some Deron/Dirk/Dwight miracle or Lakers somehow get Dwight and/or Smoove. You never know what could happen. I'm not saying they won't win another but to realistic people it shouldn't be considered a let down if they don't. Alot of healthy competition coming up...

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Can we let them enjoy this chip first?

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
lebron is about to go ham on this league, now that he knows what it takes to win. i think they will win at least one more ring

torocan
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
After the 2/3/4/5/etc speech, it's a let down if they don't get at least 3 championships before they're done.

However, winning a 2nd championship before they finish would alleviate significantly more of the criticism, especially if Lebron is more consistent during those playoff runs in the 4th quarter.

Baller1
06-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Yes.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2012, 12:52 PM
lebron is about to go ham on this league, now that he knows what it takes to win. i think they will win at least one more ring

If you're going to say someting as arrogant as you're first sentence, you better back it up by predicting more than at least ONE more ring.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
If you're going to say someting as arrogant as you're first sentence, you better back it up by predicting more than at least ONE more ring.

get over it, east runs through miami the next 5 years :)

we going back to back:D

atl_braves_fan
06-22-2012, 12:55 PM
It hasn't even been a day.

Hellcrooner
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Get over it.
They are going to go adding Mini Mle star veterans the next few years ( starting probably thi ssummer with nash or something) so they will get at least 3 out of the next 5.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 12:57 PM
if miller retires and they amnesty joel, they can get full mle player

gotoHcarolina52

So true. My goodness. :pity:

hugepatsfan
get over it, east runs through miami the next 5 years :)

we going back to back:D

Not sure at least one title in 5 years counts as going HAM on the NBA. :D

alistar
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Not a troll, this is a legit question. With Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all still in their prime do you think it would be a let down if they dont win another title while the big 3 are together? The East should be another cake walk next year (Rose hurt, Boston very old). The only team i see that could give them a fight is NY. But they still have questions that need to be addressed.

lol, New York? Unless they get their **** sorted out with sharing the ball between Anthony and Stoudemire, they aren't going to do **** against Miami. The Pacers pose a bigger threat to Miami than NY

TheWhiteMamba
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM

Yea well its been almost a month since my team last played lol. I need something to talk about. :)

j-bay
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Let me say this

If lebron does not get the 8 rings he said he would get 2 years ago then yes it would be a let down.

TheWhiteMamba
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
lol, New York? Unless they get their **** sorted out with sharing the ball between Anthony and Stoudemire, they aren't going to do **** against Miami. The Pacers pose a bigger threat to Miami than NY

I know they **** to get sorted out but ideally they match up well with Miami. If they can get Tyson, Amare, Melo Shump, and Lin to play together they could very well give the Heat a fight.

NYG 2000
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
They will get another one for sure.this. The heat have been other nba finals. For the past 2, seasons. They will undoubtedly be there again at least 2 more times, including next season as the bulls may have to rebuild because of rose's injury, and and the papers still need George and Hibbert, to develop to be able to beat Miami in 7

RowBTrice
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes.

mark1125
06-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Absolutely.

With all of the pomp and circumstance, drama, and promises that were made of this by Lebron and company, comes the higher expectations.

3 world class players + bold promises + drawing attentione to yourself = expectation of not 1, not 2, etc.

I would say with confidence that if you asked Lebron/Wade/Bosh if it would be a letdown, they would answer with a resounding yes.

JordansBulls
06-22-2012, 01:39 PM
I had them pinned down for 3 out of 6 years when they first joined forces.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41&order=desc&page=3

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 01:55 PM
i think they win 2 in the next 3 years, cant wait to see how lebron plays now that the monkey is off his back and he knows what it takes to get it done

aLau10
06-22-2012, 02:30 PM
I personally, see them winning 3 championships as long as they stick together, probly within the next 5-6years?
But I really wish my Bulls can win, and I would say my "C"Raptors too..... but the Raps are so bad that I'll actually be content if they make the playoffs.....

aman_13
06-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Justin is right, the East is going through Miami for the next few yrs and if Wade can remain healthy, I really don't see any team beating them. I have them repeating.

ChicagoJ
06-22-2012, 02:34 PM
I think there is a good chance they win next year and maybe the year after that. If they loose anytime soon it would be a letdown similar to last year. Having that starting lineup gives them such an advantage over other teams they should win it all. Unless of course LeBron gets injured. If they don't have LeBron they are in trouble.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 02:36 PM
No, because with the new CBA, it's hard to keep the same team around your core much less your same core. One title was an accomplishment, more would be great, but we'll see.

KB24PG16
06-22-2012, 02:36 PM
if miller retires and they amnesty joel, they can get full mle player

he wont retire with money left on his contract ala luke walton just because of a bad back

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
No, because with the new CBA, it's hard to keep the same team around your core much less your same core. One title was an accomplishment, more would be great, but we'll see.

the new luxury tax will not be an issue if this tv deal is for real...miami gets lik 15-20 mil per year for tv rights, they would be getting 80-100mil per year with this new deal...

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 02:46 PM
the new luxury tax will not be an issue if this tv deal is for real...miami gets lik 15-20 mil per year for tv rights, they would be getting 80-100mil per year with this new deal...

Lakers have an even better deal but they're in cost cutting mode. Doesn't matter how much "outside" money you have, it's what you can offer future free agents and future stars that the CBA is restricting the Lakers right now. Like for example, we can only offer the mini MLE (not even the full MLE) and vet's min in LA. I mean, who in their right mind in today's economy is going to take that, much less in a market like LA and with the brutal state tax of California. (Which is why Miami is much more enticing, because FLorida has ZERO state tax).

DeyAce
06-22-2012, 02:46 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think they will be a dynasty

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I would be suprised if Miami doesn't win another title with the big 3.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Lakers have an even better deal but they're in cost cutting mode. Doesn't matter how much "outside" money you have, it's what you can offer future free agents and future stars that the CBA is restricting the Lakers right now. Like for example, we can only offer the mini MLE (not even the full MLE) and vet's min in LA. I mean, who in their right mind in today's economy is going to take that, much less in a market like LA and with the brutal state tax of California. (Which is why Miami is much more enticing, because FLorida has ZERO state tax).

good point. if miller retires and miami amnesties joel anthony we would have the full mle i believe.

TylerSL
06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Let them enjoy 1 for now, my goodness....

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
good point. if miller retires and miami amnesties joel anthony we would have the full mle i believe.

You guys need to replace UD (with a Jordan Hill type player) and Mike Miller (w/ Ray Allen), and get a bonified shot blocker and a guy who likes to patrol the paint to take pressure off of LeBron and Bosh from a physical standpoint so they don't have to exert too much energy.

rocket
06-22-2012, 02:52 PM
No, your goal is to win a tittle. And they did it.

Jarvo
06-22-2012, 03:05 PM
They're getting two more I believe.

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Of course!!! Great teams win MULTIPLE championships. Let's not act like the Heat invented the wheel. They're now part of a new boys club of sorts, but in this group you have teams that have bling on multiple fingers. They cannot be content with just winning the title once. A flash in the pan is what they'll be known as if they do.

Besides, I've been giving the Celtics "Big Three" fans hell because all they managed to win was 1 title. For all of that **** talking that they were doing when KG and Ray Allen were added to the mix, the Big 3 = 1 and Done in my book. :)

So naturally, the Heat better win more than once with this team or it will be the same ribbing for them. At least get 2 or 3. The time is perfect for some team to become the dynasty of this decade.

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2012, 03:12 PM
No, your goal is to win a tittle. And they did it.

For validation, yes. But if you truly want to be legendary, you have to win multiple. Thems the rules. :D

willabeast77
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
They should win at least 2 more with the Big 3. So it would be a disappointment if they only end up with 1.

Bravo95
06-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Three great players in the prime, led by a once-in-a-generation talent? Absolutely it would be a letdown.

The Celtics were older and people consider them underachievers to some extent.