PDA

View Full Version : Does Your View On LeBron Change After His Championship?

Pages : [1] 2

xxTheLincxx
06-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Just curious to see if other people have different views now on Lebron since he finally won his ring. I used to hate the guy but can't disrespect the way he plays the game and definitely can't disrespect a champion. I still hate that he left Cleveland, but talent wins games... Teammates win championships!

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Nope... still a great player but personally, I still feel he is a coward.

You take the easy way out and frankly, you should win every year... you have 3 USA team representative on the same team... 2 in the top 10 and 1 in the top 20 in the world. Just sayin'.

He is clearly one of the best players/athletes since Jordan... but I think every argument should start with, "When he was alone and had to do it himself, he couldn't get it done..." and I feel that's a valid argument.

Yes, I know even Jordan had someone near his level... but that was not because he saw Pippen as an equal and was like, "Yea, I should join forces with him and we would be unstoppable" type of deal.

JordansBulls
06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Yes

Perception of a player can change for the better once he wins. I for one hated Wade in 2006 and then a few years later he became my favorite player. Once you are a bball guru you give credit after the fact then while they are doing the stuff.

DerekCzajkowski
06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Agreed ^ took the easy way out

FlakeyFool
06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
He is clearly one of the best players/athletes since Jordan... but I think every argument should start with, "When he was alone and had to do it himself, he couldn't get it done..." and I feel that's a valid argument.

oh shut up

He took one of the worst 60 win teams in NBA history to the finals, and on the way single handily beating the pistons.

nycericanguy
06-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Lebron is the best player in the NBA...period.

MIA is just a very hard team to root for.

Yes Lebron took an easier way to a title, but it is what it is. I think even on CLE he would have won it this year, he was just on a mission.

Cromedome
06-22-2012, 11:23 AM
He's still the same foot in your mouth jerk. I don't respect him or the way he won this championship.

ManningToTyree
No. I still respect his game, I still think he is a douche.

Glen20
Lebron is the best player in the NBA...period.

MIA is just a very hard team to root for.

Yes Lebron took an easier way to a title, but it is what it is. I think even on CLE he would have won it this year, he was just on a mission.

why does it have to be about Lebron in the first place?
Why can't it be about the Heat?

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
He's still the same foot in your mouth jerk. I don't respect him or the way he won this championship.

so you wouldn't respect Melo?

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Lebron is now the King,and haters can keep hating on the best basketball player alive.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Lebron is now the King,and haters can keep hating on the best basketball player alive.

wade for howard? :)

Rapsjaysleafs
06-22-2012, 11:26 AM
I respect him A LOT after the way be celebrated his win, and after he hugged Durant as time expired.

That made me think much more highly of him.

Kobe2324
06-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I will always give him prop for his talent as much as I dont like him, bu no I dont look at him any differantly now that he won a title, he taled a little to much when he arrived in Miami and he has lots to do to back it up. I also think that all the bulls fans out there feel that if Rose was healthy we are talking about the Heat not even getting to the finals, but injuries are part of the game, what can you do....

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I respect him A LOT after the way be celebrated his win, and after he hugged Durant as time expired.

LeBron and Durant have a special connection
you watch; he's going to team up with him and win so many championships

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 11:29 AM

Do you have any idea how easy it is to be a 'gracious' winner...

How about how he reacts to adversity/losing... I rest my case.

mjm07
06-22-2012, 11:30 AM

You take the easy way out and frankly, you should win every year... you have 3 USA team representative on the same team... 2 in the top 10 and 1 in the top 20 in the world. Just sayin'.

Yes, I know even Jordan had someone near his level... but that was not because he saw Pippen as an equal and was like, "Yea, I should join forces with him and we would be unstoppable" type of deal.

Name me one superstar who has ever done it alone? I'll wait...

BTW don't forget your Knicks were clearing cap space for LBJ. Had he " Taken his talents to the Big Apple " You would be saying NONE of this.

Lastly, correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Melo/Chandler on team USA (not sure of Stat) ?

Just saying...

MIAMI HEAT 2012 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

Glen20
I will always give him prop for his talent as much as I dont like him, bu no I dont look at him any differantly now that he won a title, he taled a little to much when he arrived in Miami and he has lots to do to back it up. I also think that all the bulls fans out there feel that if Rose was healthy we are talking about the Heat not even getting to the finals, but injuries are part of the game, what can you do....

im sorry but in what world would rose overcome the Big 3?
people forgetting last year huh?
and dont say they would have won if Bosh was injured, because if they're allowed to have a full strength team then so are we.
Regardless, Miami kicked the East, and will continue to do so (hopefully).
there's nothing derrick rose can do about that.

chotito
He finally grew up and did what we expected him to do. So yeah, my opinion changed in that he is now a man and not some b**** with talent.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
oh shut up

He took one of the worst 60 win teams in NBA history to the finals, and on the way single handily beating the pistons.

Great, and then he fell short... I didn't know the point of the NBA is to reach the finals and lose it. Alright, I take it all back?

I am stating my opinion and my opinion is validated by other people... so, it's not like I am a loose cop who plays by his own rules... I am stating what people think, including myself... and if you don't like it... argue it better than, "shut up"

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Do you have any idea how easy it is to be a 'gracious' winner...

How about how he reacts to adversity/losing... I rest my case.

lol everyone should follow the Knicks model on dealing with losing :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless:

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM

Do you respect him for his petty, snarky comments/reaction about the Knicks post-game?

LOL.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Great, and then he fell short... I didn't know the point of the NBA is to reach the finals and lose it. Alright, I take it all back?

I am stating my opinion and my opinion is validated by other people... so, it's not like I am a loose cop who plays by his own rules... I am stating what people think, including myself... and if you don't like it... argue it better than, "shut up"

when your team is relevant again, then you can talk

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
lol everyone should follow the Knicks model on dealing with losing :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless:

Knicks are not a professional sports team, they are a profit center for NASDAQ:MSG

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Do you respect him for his petty, snarky comments/reaction about the Knicks post-game?

LOL.

what did he say LOL?
if it was about how crap a team they are, then he's just truth telling

HaruSoul
06-22-2012, 11:35 AM

LeBron will never be on the same team as Durant unless it's an AllStar team.

nycericanguy
06-22-2012, 11:35 AM
what did he say LOL?

him and Wade were Laughing their *** off saying "they said NY could beat us"....

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Name me one superstar who has ever done it alone? I'll wait...

BTW don't forget your Knicks were clearing cap space for LBJ. Had he " Taken his talents to the Big Apple " You would be saying NONE of this.

Lastly, correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Melo/Chandler on team USA (not sure of Stat) ?

Dirk...? Does that one count?

In fairness... you are right, I wouldn't be saying any of this. I would probably have to defend his decision like you are doing. But that didn't happen... so how about you get back to your parallel universe where it did happen and your argument would have merit.

My point stands... There is a distinct difference between what Melo did and what Lebron did... don't try and cherry pick here. Frankly, as soon as Melo came to NY, he stopped getting superstar calls... it's not even funny anymore, and my bet is that the same would've happened to Lebron.

Anyways, there is a difference between picking your team and getting traded to it...

clevelandspride
no lebron screwed the cleveland cavs. u cnt deny that he always has talent always knew he would win a title no matter where he was he planned with wade and bosh everyone knows that all 3 of them r sell outs very talented sell outs

Immoknight
LeBron will never be on the same team as Durant unless it's an AllStar team.

Yea, I am sure people said the same thing about Lebron and Wade being on the same team... I wouldn't ever say never anymore... It's an entertainment league, not a sport...

JWO35
06-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Nope...when the going got tough, he went to another team to win a ring.

Because of that, I can never see him being "one of the best ever"

Avenged
Best player in the league just got his 1st ring.. I mean he was always good so my view on him doesn't change. He was good then, he's still good now.

bigsams50

In fairness... you are right, I wouldn't be saying any of this. I would probably have to defend his decision like you are doing. But that didn't happen... so how about you get back to your parallel universe where it did happen and your argument would have merit.

My point stands... There is a distinct difference between what Melo did and what Lebron did... don't try and cherry pick here. Frankly, as soon as Melo came to NY, he stopped getting superstar calls... it's not even funny anymore, and my bet is that the same would've happened to Lebron.

Anyways, there is a difference between picking your team and getting traded to it...

Didnt Melo say he only wanted to play for the Knicks though? I could be wrong, didnt follow the whole Melo drama closely

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:38 AM

Because if you listen to the media .... it is about LeBron.

Get your head out of your butt. This win is not about Miami. It is about LeBron. It is about a Junior in High School being compared to the greatest marketing creation of all time -- Michael Jordan -- and fans being told he is the heir apparent. It is about the heir apparent failing in his home town and having to move to Miami to win with two HOF type players. It is about that idiotic press conference and his arrogance. It is about failing last year when they should have won. It is about almost losing this year to an old team and finally growing up in Game 6 in Boston. It is about FINALLY closing out at least 1.

The story to this win is LeBron and his travels since he was "crowned" as a junior in HS.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 11:38 AM
when your team is relevant again, then you can talk

I really hate that argument... my team has always been relevant... ALWAYS... most of it on the negative side but relevancy doesn't have anything to do with being positive or negative, as much as it has to do with being talked about.

Also, I don't understand who are you to tell me when I can and can't make my opinion be known. You don't like the truth, my opinion, or anything else? Maybe you should stay away from the message boards where those things are shared... it might hurt your feelings that not everyone has jumped on the bandwagon as hard as some Heat fans.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM

yeh there is a difference
Lebron played out his contract and has higher moral ground; Melo demanded a trade and to be honest he wasn't even worth it.

Young and Stupid
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't know why I'm allowing myself to get involved in this discussion, but you wrote:

I think every argument should start with, "When he was alone and had to do it himself, he couldn't get it done..." and I feel that's a valid argument.

And then you wrote:

Yes, I know even Jordan had someone near his level.

I hope you're aware of the huge flaw here. Michael Jordan, the greatest player in the history of the game, couldn't "get it done" without another great player. However, somehow we should hold LeBron to a higher standard and expect him to be able to accomplish the feat without help.

LeBron made a sacrifice. In a sense, he was willing to admit that he wasn't capable of winning a championship by himself. I think we should admire him for being cognizant of NBA history: NO player has ever won without adequate help. That shouldn't leave a stain on his legacy; just as Jordan winning his championships with Scottie Pippen -- one of the 50 greatest players to ever play in the NBA -- doesn't (negatively) affect his legacy.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I really hate that argument... my team has always been relevant... ALWAYS... most of it on the negative side but relevancy doesn't have anything to do with being positive or negative, as much as it has to do with being talked about.

Also, I don't understand who are you to tell me when I can and can't make my opinion be known. You don't like the truth, my opinion, or anything else? Maybe you should stay away from the message boards where those things are shared... it might hurt your feelings that not everyone has jumped on the bandwagon as hard as some Heat fans.

there's no room for NYers on the bandwagon.

hievan

You get medals in the olympics not championships...silly goose

chotito

I tend to agree. Knicks have no home court advantage. REFs are just out-of-towners who hate NY and since they are playing in from the Home Office Staff they "go out of their way" not to do what they do for all teams and their stars.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Didnt Melo say he only wanted to play for the Knicks though? I could be wrong, didnt follow the whole Melo drama closely

Melo said a lot of things... and you have no idea how sincere he was in what he had said. The point remains that there is a distinct difference between a trade and free agency.

In fairness, Melo made his intentions clear... Lebron led on his former employer while frankly screwing them over in the end. Melo wasn't ever going to get equal value for his team but he did get some value in return...

Glen20
Because if you listen to the media .... it is about LeBron.

Get your head out of your butt. This win is not about Miami. It is about LeBron. It is about a Junior in High School being compared to the greatest marketing creation of all time -- Michael Jordan -- and fans being told he is the heir apparent. It is about the heir apparent failing in his home town and having to move to Miami to win with two HOF type players. It is about that idiotic press conference and his arrogance. It is about failing last year when they should have won. It is about almost losing this year to an old team and finally growing up in Game 6 in Boston. It is about FINALLY closing out at least 1.

The story to this win is LeBron and his travels since he was "crowned" as a junior in HS.

he didn't do it himself. I could care less what the media thinks about him. I just want the Heat to win again.

chotito

It is all filled with Heat fans who discovered basketball on July 8, 2010 and who washed up in this country on an inner tube in the last 15 years.

StarvingKnick22
know he just won a championship, but he is acting kind of like an *** "hole

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Melo said a lot of things... and you have no idea how sincere he was in what he had said. The point remains that there is a distinct difference between a trade and free agency.

In fairness, Melo made his intentions clear... Lebron led on his former employer while frankly screwing them over in the end. Melo wasn't ever going to get equal value for his team but he did get some value in return...

Why does it matter that the Nuggets got something back? Is it Lebron's responsibility to ensure the Cavs prosper when he leaves? It's his responsibility to play out his contract; Melo couldn't even do that.

Look, i get it. You're mad. Just take the day off and come back when you're not so agitated :)

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 11:43 AM

... And? I don't get that statement. I seriously doubt any NYers who are Knicks fans would jump on that thing... I mean, for the most part... we have survived some of the worst basketball seasons over the past 10 years...

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:43 AM
he didn't do it himself. I could care less what the media thinks about him. I just want the Heat to win again.

Dude, you are wrong on both counts.

1) This is about LeBron and it is what non-Heat fans are reacting to.

2) Miami got out of Boston b/c of LeBron.

3) Miami got game 2 b/c the REFs bailed out LeBron.

LeBron don't go crazy Game 6 in Boston --- Boston would have played last night.

LeBron don't get bailed out by the REFs in Game 2 --- with that collapse not so sure they come back to Miami and sweep 3. Momentum matters.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:44 AM
It is all filled with Heat fans who discovered basketball on July 8, 2010 and who washed up in this country on an inner tube in the last 15 years.

i couldn't care less about America. what team do you follow? Bulls after Jordan or Lakers after shaq?

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't know why I'm allowing myself to get involved in this discussion, but you wrote:

And then you wrote:

I hope you're aware of the huge flaw here. Michael Jordan, the greatest player in the history of the game, couldn't "get it done" without another great player. However, somehow we should hold LeBron to a higher standard and expect him to be able to accomplish the feat without help.

LeBron made a sacrifice. In a sense, he was willing to admit that he wasn't capable of winning a championship by himself. I think we should admire him for being cognizant of NBA history: NO player has ever won without adequate help. That shouldn't leave a stain on his legacy; just as Jordan winning his championships with Scottie Pippen -- one of the 50 greatest players to ever play in the NBA -- doesn't (negatively) affect his legacy.

Lebron didn't make a sacrifice. PLEASE don't do that... don't make it sound so noble. Lebron realized he couldn't get it done and walked away... it's not a sacrifice to give up trying to do it the hard way... it's cowardly.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
... And? I don't get that statement. I seriously doubt any NYers who are Knicks fans would jump on that thing... I mean, for the most part... we have survived some of the worst basketball seasons over the past 10 years...

and there'll be more coming :)
goodnight :)

mark1125
06-22-2012, 11:46 AM
My thoughts before the playoffs were the following:
1) Douchebag attention whore.
2) Chokes on the big stage.

I still think he is the first, but he at least eliminated #2. So to sum it up, I still think he is a douchebag attention whore, but at least he backs it up now.

Young and Stupid
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Lebron didn't make a sacrifice. PLEASE don't do that... don't make it sound so noble. Lebron realized he couldn't get it done and walked away... it's not a sacrifice to give up trying to do it the hard way... it's cowardly.

You have a very misguided understanding of what it means to be "cowardly."

KingPosey
I have so many conflicting thoughts about LBJ. Best talent and player in the nba. Carried his team, hit clutch shots but still cant and wont shoot IF the shot is the losing/winning shot not just a clutch shot. Dominated on route to a championship, but was on a team where he should win, etc.

I have come to hate him less, but I just cant come to really respecting him yet.

Immoknight
[/B]

Why does it matter that the Nuggets got something back? Is it Lebron's responsibility to ensure the Cavs prosper when he leaves? It's his responsibility to play out his contract; Melo couldn't even do that.

Look, i get it. You're mad. Just take the day off and come back when you're not so agitated :)

... I could care less. I lost a lot of respect for basketball when I watch referees decide games instead of players.

It doesn't help that your players get calls and are still some of the whiniest players in the NBA. If there was a poll, they have to place in the top 5.

I explained why it matters... try and keep up.

chotito
i couldn't care less about America. what team do you follow? Bulls after Jordan or Lakers after shaq?

Heat but not delusional. LeBron did it. Heat Champions 2012.

mjm07
06-22-2012, 11:48 AM

Yes there is a difference, LBJ's contract expired and he chose to come to Miami. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with him going to a better team when elite players, as he, have done it in the past (Shaq, barkley, Drexler, etc etc )

Same goes for any other superstar like Melo but unlike LBJ he forced his way out of Denver and wanted to only get traded to the Knicks so that he can play with his favorite team and cash in before the CBA expired.

Anyway, MIAMI HEAT CHAMPS!!!

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:48 AM
My thoughts before the playoffs were the following:
1) Douchebag attention whore.
2) Chokes on the big stage.

I still think he is the first, but he at least eliminated #2. So to sum it up, I still think he is a douchebag attention whore, but at least he backs it up now.

I agree.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Heat but not delusional. LeBron did it. Heat Champions 2012.

so you're just a Lebron fan aye?
It's about the team mate.

Cromedome
so you wouldn't respect Melo?

I didn't see melo on tv basically saying FU to Denver after he left.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

bigsams50

But you can also look at it as LeBron honored his contract, Melo wouldnt even wait it out

Immoknight
You have a very misguided understanding of what it means to be "cowardly."

So let me see if I get this straight...

I face someone stronger, faster, and better overall than me... I know I can't defeat him one and one... so I team up with someone just as good as him and together, we can finally defeat him. I am being noble and just made a sacrifice?

Explain your interpretation of cowardly... it's not enough for you to say I am misguided unless you plan to elaborate on it...

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:50 AM
so you're just a Lebron fan aye?
It's about the team mate.

LeBron pulled this team thru Boston and OKC. Stop with that nonsense.

If this was the same LeBron from Cleveland -- this team loses to Boston and never dismantles OKC like it did.

hievan
06-22-2012, 11:50 AM
The defense that jordan had pippen or "needed" pippen, he only had three season before pippen was drafted...so hows that a valid arguement exactly? Jordan 84 pippen 87...so he should have taken his team to the finals and won at 24 and never got pippen

nicegoing
06-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Name me one player who did it all alone, there aren't many. I don't know why LeBron gets penalized for playing with good players, no matter how they ended up playing with each other.

A ring is what he needed to complete his career. It makes for a nice accolade, and might put him up a few spots in the all time rankings.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I didn't see melo on tv basically saying FU to Denver after he left.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

what right to lebron does cleveland have once he finishes his contract?
Melo couldn't even wait to free agency.
And its essentially saying FU to a city when you DEMAND to be traded way from their team because you don't think they can contend.

Immoknight
But you can also look at it as LeBron honored his contract, Melo wouldnt even wait it out

You could... but Melo gave the impression he wasn't happy and stated as such. Lebron led them on... "I am so happy to be here..." meanwhile, at the first chance he got... he runs for greener pastures...

Look, this is all about perceptions... and I have stated mine fairly clearly. I am in no way denying his individual talents. The man is one of the best athletes in the world... but I still view him as a coward.

aLau10
Honestly speaking, no. He has always been a great player, may even be the best to have played the game (obviously coming after MJ and Kobe). But yeah, he deserves getting this ring, and though i laugh at the memes and certain criticism people made based on him, I still think hes an amazing dude on the court. Keep it going LeBron.

nicegoing
06-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Also, anyone who watched the Playoffs would be able to see that LeBron often times won games by himself, and Wade did not play that well, and Bosh was injured. So the knock against him of "he needed to team up with all these good players" is sort of a moot point considering he pulled his team to victory a number of times. Not to mention he was far and away the best player on his team.

KingPosey
06-22-2012, 11:55 AM
There is just a big difference between Jordan staying centered and his team finding a guy to build around him in the draft (im aware he was technically a trade), and leaving for help with the other best player in the league arguably at the time, and then getting another top 10 guy in Bosh to come as well.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
I've been saying for a few years now that he's the best player in the NBA and will go down as the greatest player to ever play the game. That being said, I didn't like him this time yesterday and I still don't. I just don't see how he's likeable to anyone that cares about more than on court performance. I'll still root against him every game he plays.

CunninghamJrIII
06-22-2012, 11:58 AM
My view didn't change because the Heat won the finals.
My view on Lebron changed throughout the course of the season, and the playoffs pretty much solidified it for me. I still don't love the dude, but I don't dislike now him either.
He pretty much shook off that sense of entitlement he seemed to carry around; and really started to focus on being better, and taking the game more seriously.
His approach to his job changed; and not so surprisingly, so did the outcome of the Heat's season.

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I've been saying for a few years now that he's the best player in the NBA and will go down as the greatest player to ever play the game. That being said, I didn't like him this time yesterday and I still don't. I just don't see how he's likeable to anyone that cares about more than on court performance. I'll still root against him every game he plays.

Haven't seen much basketball have you?

bigsams50
06-22-2012, 12:02 PM
You could... but Melo gave the impression he wasn't happy and stated as such. Lebron led them on... "I am so happy to be here..." meanwhile, at the first chance he got... he runs for greener pastures...

Look, this is all about perceptions... and I have stated mine fairly clearly. I am in no way denying his individual talents. The man is one of the best athletes in the world... but I still view him as a coward.

Thats the truth. No point in trying to change each others minds lol

hugepatsfan
06-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Haven't seen much basketball have you?

I've seen enough to know that no player has ever been capable of shutting down any player at the 1-4 positions (all thisLebron guarding C talk is just over-hype but he legitimately guards elite scoring 1-4s) while also being able to lead the league in scoring while also being an elite passer, while also rebounding better than anyone at his position.

Young and Stupid
06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
To properly dissect this topic, it would require a somewhat lengthy back and forth that I feel is not worth enduring. Both as a result of the topic itself and my initial assessment of your analytic aptitude.

I will, however, briefly review some of what you've written.

I face someone stronger, faster, and better overall than me... I know I can't defeat him one and one... so I team up with someone just as good as him and together, we can finally defeat him. I am being noble and just made a sacrifice?

Your analogy is flawed for a number of reasons, but I will refrain from bringing each to light. I will simply say that it is not a matter of one on one. Basketball is a team sport. The teams that LeBron lost to -- the teams that pushed James toward the realization that he couldn't get it done by himself (as no player in the history of this great game ever has) -- were diametrically opposed to this ideal of basketball being an individual sport. The Celtics and Spurs are evidence that it takes a team to win. Both teams are comprised of great players, but they play as one.

I would argue that the Thunder -- or, more in tune with your approach, Kevin Durant -- had a better team than the HEAT. Durant's supporting cast is stronger than LeBron's. But the HEAT were able to win because LeBron is so great -- he is one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA and these playoffs were evidence of that.

Explain your interpretation of cowardly... it's not enough for you to say I am misguided unless you plan to elaborate on it...

This will bring us into a different arena of discussion. One that, quite frankly, you may not be intellectually capable of effectively competing in. As a result, it does not behoove us to indulge in exploring what it means to be 'cowardly'.

I will just say this: Realizing that you're unable to accomplish something without the help of others isn't a display of cowardliness; it's a demonstration of maturity.

Dnovakovic099
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM

Has everyone lost memory of what happened just because LeBron won a title?

What LeBron did: Left his hometown to play with his friends and superior talent. Didn't request for a trade so Miami dosen't have to give up any pieces for him or so Cleveland can't trade him anywhere else. Also, pretty much gave up in the playoffs against the Celtics.

What Melo did: IT WAS THE LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT. The guy wanted to go back to his hometown and play, nothing wrong with that if you ask me. The only reason he asked for a trade was so he dosen't **** over Denver.

All LeBron had to do was say look if you guys don't give me more talent then just trade me. That way if the Cavs dont back up their deal he can dip and won't look so bad. Instead, he made the believe that he is staying and ended up ****ing his home up. The fact that he is from Ohio and left there on those terms just shows you everything you need to know. Lets not even start talking about the wanting to be paid more for dunk contest, media parades, and numerous egotistic comments.

BTW I LOVE LeBron as a player. Absolute unselfish player and the best one. I loved Jordan as a player, I am a bulls fan. I hate both of them as people. They both disgust me, Jordan way more than LeBron.

bigsams50
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Has everyone lost memory of what happened just because LeBron won a title?

What LeBron did: Left his hometown to play with his friends and superior talent. Didn't request for a trade so Miami dosen't have to give up any pieces for him or so Cleveland can't trade him anywhere else. Also, pretty much gave up in the playoffs against the Celtics.

What Melo did: IT WAS THE LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT. The guy wanted to go back to his hometown and play, nothing wrong with that if you ask me. The only reason he asked for a trade was so he dosen't **** over Denver.

All LeBron had to do was say look if you guys don't give me more talent then just trade me. That way if the Cavs dont back up their deal he can dip and won't look so bad. Instead, he made the believe that he is staying and ended up ****ing his home up. The fact that he is from Ohio and left there on those terms just shows you everything you need to know. Lets not even start talking about the wanting to be paid more for dunk contest, media parades, and numerous egotistic comments.

BTW I LOVE LeBron as a player. Absolute unselfish player and the best one. I loved Jordan as a player, I am a bulls fan. I hate both of them as people. They both disgust me, Jordan way more than LeBron.

He is from Akron. Not Cleveland. And whats wrong with leaving to play with friends? He was a FA he could do whatever the hell he wanted.

RiLoc
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM

LOL.what did he say LOL?
Conversation was about how in the Pacers, Celtics and Thunder series the Heat were behind and some people said the Heat would lose.

Wade: "Hey, don't forget the Knicks now! They said we were going to lose to them too!"
LeBron: "They said it was going to be a tough series."
Barkley: "Well those people don't know a damn thing about basketball."
Laughter ensues.

lakers24win
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
He is from Akron. Not Cleveland. And whats wrong with leaving to play with friends? He was a FA he could do whatever the hell he wanted.

He still took the easy way out and akron is close enough to cleveland still in ohio. Lebron still has the decision to thank him for the hate

hugepatsfan
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
He still took the easy way out and akron is close enough to cleveland still in ohio. Lebron still has the decision to thank him for the hate

People hated him before the decision because he acts like a pompous douchebag. The decision is just an example of that.

nycericanguy
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Conversation was about how in the Pacers, Celtics and Thunder series the Heat were behind and some people said the Heat would lose.

Wade: "Hey, don't forget the Knicks now! They said we were going to lose to them too!"
LeBron: "They said it was going to be a tough series!"
Barkley: "Well those people don't know a damn thing about basketball."

:shrug:

its just uncalled for, the way they both started laughing hysterically.

You would never see classy players like Duncan, Durant, etc... do that.

Thats what makes MIA so unlikeable.

it is what it is though, at least they are the champs now so they can be jerks. It was really bad when they were being arrogant jerks before they even played a game.

NYY09
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah, now he's a douche WITH a ring...

BKLYNpigeon
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Lebron is still the greatest player and will probably win a few Rings, but the guy took the easy way out and will Always be remembered for that.

NYtilIdie
06-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Lebron has a RING so your guys opinion is officially invalid, SUCK IT HATERS!!!

TylerSL
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
I think some people will tone the hate down now, but there will still be a few people, regardless of what he does, that wont give him credit for anything. Those are the truly pathetic people.

eddiev22
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Nope.. I still hate him, dont get me wrong he's a very good player but I still dislike him and Bosh.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 12:30 PM
To properly dissect this topic, it would require a somewhat lengthy back and forth that I feel is not worth enduring. Both as a result of the topic itself and my initial assessment of your analytic aptitude.

I will, however, briefly review some of what you've written.

Your analogy is flawed for a number of reasons, but I will refrain from bringing each to light. I will simply say that it is not a matter of one on one. Basketball is a team sport. The teams that LeBron lost to -- the teams that pushed James toward the realization that he couldn't get it done by himself (as no player in the history of this great game ever has) -- were diametrically opposed to this ideal of basketball being an individual sport. The Celtics and Spurs are evidence that it takes a team to win. Both teams are comprised of great players, but they play as one.

I would argue that the Thunder -- or, more in tune with your approach, Kevin Durant -- had a better team than the HEAT. Durant's supporting cast is stronger than LeBron's. But the HEAT were able to win because LeBron is so great -- he is one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA and these playoffs were evidence of that.

This will bring us into a different arena of discussion. One that, quite frankly, you may not be intellectually capable of effectively competing in. As a result, it does not behoove us to indulge in exploring what it means to be 'cowardly'.

I will just say this: Realizing that you're unable to accomplish something without the help of others isn't a display of cowardliness; it's a demonstration of maturity.

Great, so you insult my intelligence... couldn't help yourself, huh? It must be tough to sound so pompous all the time...

Hmm, I don't know how you can't differentiate cowardliness from maturity... given your undeniable use of big words to try and sound smart, these two simple concepts should seem fairly obvious to you.

It's not mature to give up... it's cowardly. He gave up... it's not some grand realization, not some divine sacrifice... He simply gave up trying to do it the hard way. He took the road most taken... the shortcut... the cowards path. It's really that simple... please stop trying to complicate it with semantics and a flowery dialogue about how grandiose the man is.

BKLYNpigeon
06-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Lebron will always be judged in the court of public opinion. for some reason he was NEVER Truely embraced by the American Public, even when he was with the Cavs. it was always his personality that rubbed everyone the wrong way. after The Descision, and the cockiness, people finally know what type of person he truly was. I dont think anything will change that now.

No matter how much Lebron James wins or accomplishes. He will never get as much respect or love like Michael Jordan.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 12:32 PM

ROFL... that's not how opinions work. An opinion doesn't become invalid... it can become outdated... but not invalid. Also, we are entitled to our opinions as much as you are to your own.

Also, you clearly need to grow up a bit more before trying to take part in a big boy conversation. It's not hate if we have an opinion to the contrary...

sixers247
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
So many haters. You would think Lebron personally killed a family member of some of these people. I'm sure i could point out some of your favorite players that come off as douchebags too. Alot of you love Jordan and he is one of the biggest pricks ever. No likeable at all. And Kobe also demanded trades unless talent got put around him. Lebron gave Cleveland 7 damn years for that. All he got was washed up Shaq and Jamison. Stop being mad he didn;t choose your team and just enjoy the amazing talent he is. Jeez.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2012, 12:34 PM

I hope you posted this same comment in all the KG hate threads that pop up.

NYSPORTSALLDAY
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
I respect his skills but HE FLOPS WAY TO MUCH!!!!!!! Everytime he feels contact he gets crazy dramatic and I know people will say "blame the refs for making the call" but with Lebrons size and strength he shouldn't play like that. Play the game like a man.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Nope. LeBron was always a beast. Now, a ring just adds to the greatness! I haven't seen a player that hungry and that focused since Kobe. You could tell not only by his body language, but by his play, dude was on another level. Congrats LeBron! :clap:

What can you say now?

bucketss
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
who cares what a hater thinks lebron is finals mvp and nba champion and you can never take that away from him no matter how hard you tryy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HATERS HAVE BEEN DIFFUSED THEIR OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING NOW!!!!!1ONEONE!!!!11111

BigBongTheory
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Him getting a ring on an Olympian team doesn't change anything :laugh2:

He is still the same rat that created the Decision and had a parade before stepping on the court with his two other Batmen. He couldn't do it with his Robin, he had to be one.

Immoknight
So many haters. You would think Lebron personally killed a family member of some of these people. I'm sure i could point out some of your favorite players that come off as douchebags too. Alot of you love Jordan and he is one of the biggest pricks ever. No likeable at all. And Kobe also demanded trades unless talent got put around him. Lebron gave Cleveland 7 damn years for that. All he got was washed up Shaq and Jamison. Stop being mad he didn;t choose your team and just enjoy the amazing talent he is. Jeez.

The term hater... implies there is no logical reasoning and there is hate simply to hate... that isn't the case. People are stating reasons why they hate the man... both logical and emotional...

hugepatsfan
I respect his skills but HE FLOPS WAY TO MUCH!!!!!!! Everytime he feels contact he gets crazy dramatic and I know people will say "blame the refs for making the call" but with Lebrons size and strength he shouldn't play like that. Play the game like a man.

Lebron doesn't flop much. IDK where you are getting this from.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
who cares what a hater thinks lebron is finals mvp and nba champion and you can never take that away from him no matter how hard you tryy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HATERS HAVE BEEN DIFFUSED THEIR OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING NOW!!!!!1ONEONE!!!!11111

ROFL... That's not how opinions work... The education system continues to fail. :(

bigsams50
06-22-2012, 12:40 PM

From things i read online, LBJ is still loved in Akron. Showing the huge difference between Akron and Cleveland. The only bad thing LBJ did was do the whole decision show. Other then that he did no wrong

bluefire7002
06-22-2012, 12:40 PM

Really???? what is it with people bowing down to this dude and calling him a king? Yes hes the best player in his prime right now and his team just won a ship... But really your going to consider him a king? Always hated that stupid nickname given to him.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Him getting a ring on an Olympian team doesn't change anything :laugh2:

He is still the same rat that created the Decision and had a parade before stepping on the court with his two other Batmen. He couldn't do it with his Robin, he had to be one.

im sorry lebron can't hear you with his ring on one ear and his finals mvp trophy forcefully jammed in the other

BDawk4Prez
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
I appreciate his basketball talent. I don't appreciate the way they conspired to win a trophy. The Decision still makes him out to look like a douche, that's hard to overlook.

zB_#85
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
yes I have gained a ton of respect for him and it's not because he won, but how he won.

Last year, I think he was trying to fit in as the new guy and it was a bad look for him. Dwayne Wade's demeanor and attitude doesn't look good on him. I respect him for manning up and basically (finally) saying he made some mistakes in the way he did things and more than saying that more than anything he made a huge mistake in his approach last season by trying to embrace the villian role and be D-Wade's "Robin." This year in the playoffs, he forced his hand as the "Batman" and showed a focus and resolve I've never seen in him. That was one of my reasons for disliking him. I was thinking jeez dude you have all the talent in the world, take it seriously and go bust some heads. Quit joking around, being D-Wades little puppet and making fun of a sick Dirk, having a little pep-rally. All of those things are just a few examples of what made him a HUGE DOUCHE.

In this playoffs he shed that image IMO. He played with focus, determination, and more importantly class. I loved it last night when Chalmers and the boys were following D-Wade's lead and celebrating early (even though it was clearly over); LeBron showed alot of class in scolding them to cut that **** out and play out the game. Also, when the game was over, LeBron showed a ton of sportsmanship to personally shake every OKC players hand and where was D-Wade??? Celebrating and "raising the roof" on the scorer's table. Maybe he did, put I personally didn't see him shake a single OKC player's hand.

Please Heat haters (and I am one), dislike the idea of a superteam, dislike their style of play, hell even dislike Dwayne Wade, but respect LeBron. He earned it this playoffs.

This is me eating crow!!!

BigBongTheory
06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
im sorry lebron can't hear you with his ring on one ear and his finals mvp trophy forcefully jammed in the other

I'm glad Lebron is paying you to get on your knees, I'm glad an achievement made by another man benefits your life in such a magnificent way.

Ring on his ear? Trophy in his ear? Come on guy, make sense.

Young and Stupid
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
The education system continues to fail. :(

Irony is a beautiful thing.

torocan
06-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Not really much change for winning the Ring, there was some change due to his play this year in the playoffs vs last year.

He'll have to do more to shake off the arrogant 2/3/4/etc speech.
He was better this year, but still waves off too many shots under pressure.
His FT shooting during the Finals was great, but was still inconsistent in earlier rounds.

And he's still the best all around player in the NBA.

He'll need to show more in critical moments before he fully shakes off the pressure Choker image in my mind. Miami was up so much by the 4th quarter that we didn't get to see him under real pressure in game 5.

That said, his stock has gone up a bit.

Sadly, Wade's has taken a hit this year and went significantly down, which is unfortunate because I really liked him prior to this year. :facepalm:

gangis2169
06-22-2012, 12:50 PM
None, still a coward and a cheat. Honestly, I think if Lebron keeps winning the NBA will suffer. Unless your one of the many clueless drones who believes ratings are going up.. I don't really care what he does on the court, if he averages 90 points a game or 70 assists a game. What he has done to the NBA has made it look weak and with the support of one of the shadiest persons in David Stern. We could almost guarantee that the NBA is on a decline. If the NHL was beating the NBA in new viewers and attention this year during the playoffs then it will be a sad couple of years.

I also feel like alot of what you see on T.V. is very calculated. Lebron has paid for the best PR people to clean up his image. Kobe did the same, so did Jordan, and so on. This years finals were like watching a really bad movie where you can tell whats going to happen 10 min before it actually does. Sad day for basketball.

bluefire7002
I'm glad Lebron is paying you to get on your knees, I'm glad an achievement made by another man benefits your life in such a magnificent way.

Totally agree... I call those Lebron NutHuggers :clap:

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
Noone ever mentions KG admitting if he could leave Minnesota earlier to a contender with better players he would. Dont hate a man for wanting to WIN and deciding his own future!
He doesn't /didn't owe anything to Cleveland. He spent 9 years there making that team relevant, selling out games, making it to the playoffs year in and year out with virtually 0 talent! And that's why he left. They had the chance to get Amare but instead grabbed Jamison because they didn't wanna trade JJ Hickson, now where's JJ at? ... And who made JJ look good? LEBRON. Let the man be and enjoy his championship, I'm sure you wouldnt like to be criticized for leaving your current job for a better one...point blank!

bucketss
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m604qleaHC1rs5ngxo1_500.jpg

Immoknight
Irony is a beautiful thing.

Uhm, please continue to stay true to your user name. When you are trying to be witty, make a reference to what you are talking about, instead of simply throwing out one-liners with a smug look on your face like you just showed me up...

justinnum1
None, still a coward and a cheat. Honestly, I think if Lebron keeps winning the NBA will suffer. Unless your one of the many clueless drones who believes ratings are going up.. I don't really care what he does on the court, if he averages 90 points a game or 70 assists a game. What he has done to the NBA has made it look weak and with the support of one of the shadiest persons in David Stern. We could almost guarantee that the NBA is on a decline. If the NHL was beating the NBA in new viewers and attention this year during the playoffs then it will be a sad couple of years.

I also feel like alot of what you see on T.V. is very calculated. Lebron has paid for the best PR people to clean up his image. Kobe did the same, so did Jordan, and so on. This years finals were like watching a really bad movie where you can tell whats going to happen 10 min before it actually does. Sad day for basketball.
:violin:

8kobe24
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Well he's now a legitimate "King". I never hated the man's game, boy is a freak of nature with passing skills. What he does off the court I can care less about.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Totally agree... I call those Lebron NutHuggers :clap:

im sure your knees have turned black because of kobe, the only reason you and all the laker fan haters are in here is because you feel insecure lebron is about to catch your boy, now lets see you deny it we all know you will :rolleyes:

Young and Stupid
06-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Uhm, please continue to stay true to your user name. When you are trying to be witty, make a reference to what you are talking about, instead of simply throwing out one-liners with a smug look on your face like you just showed me up...

I didn't (or don't) have a smug look on my face because the one-liner didn't warrant one. You set it up -- you did all the work -- there's no reason for me to feel satisfied when I didn't do anything.

TylerSL
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I think yes for most people. And the more he wins, the more people will come around.

8kobe24
06-22-2012, 12:57 PM
im sure your knees have turned black because of kobe, the only reason you and all the laker fan haters are in here is because you feel insecure lebron is about to catch your boy, now lets see you deny it we all know you will :rolleyes:

Easy now...Lebron won ONE. Win 3 more and we'll talk about him catching up. Anyway congrats.

MJ-BULLS
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM

this.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
What have sports come to when a 3 time mvp is celebrated for winning a chip. Congrats move on

Rapsjaysleafs
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
This website is becoming SUCH a joke

The Heat won the chip,

The Knicks didn't

The knicks didnt even COME CLOSE to it,

Yet how in gods name is this basically a knicks thread ??

I am glad I am a Raptors fan and don't have to have delusional NBA Championship thoughts.

Oh and BTW, this is coming from a HUGE Lebron fan PRE Miami Heat days,
He earned back a ton of that respect by the way he carried himself after the victory last night.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Easy now...Lebron won ONE. Win 3 more and we'll talk about him catching up. Anyway congrats.

i just find it funny the only reason they're hating is because of that and they will deny it and call me a lebron nut hugger :rolleyes:

bluefire7002
06-22-2012, 01:05 PM

LOL... I dont have to deny anything I dont root for a certain player nor am I going to follow him around if he switches teams and root for that team. Ive always been a laker fan, always will. If you dont believe it, you can go back to my past posts and you will probably notice I dont worship my favorite player nor praise him like hes a King or GOAT.

But if you want to keep generalizing me like that because there are some laker fans that give us a bad rep.. well you can go ahead. And as for feeling insecure about lebron catching kobe? wrong again, I would think that by now Lebron would have a ring... But hey he got one and congrats to him, Do i think he will catch Kobe (because thats what you are assuming) HECK no!
And thats not be praising Kobe, but 5 rings is a lot of ****ing rings... Im willing to bet almost anything I have he wont catch that.

shizzle09
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM

delusions

bluefire7002
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
i just find it funny the only reason they're hating is because of that and they will deny it and call me a lebron nut hugger :rolleyes:

Again its not because he won a ring, its the fact that people always had to worship the ground he walked on.. "ohh lebron is the king", "omg Lebron GOAT", "Lebron= KING of the NBA", etc... and this was before lebron even won a ring... I know its only going to be worse now that he actually won a ring. But he deserved it with the great team they had this year.

Its just funny people have to walk around and consider someone (Lebron) the King of the NBA... Would they make Obama, King of the world??? but I guess thats a whole different topic.

Jack_Meoff
06-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Lebron carried the Heat in the Finals, if you watched the games you could see that without him on the floor they were a shell of a team. Bosh was almost completely MIA in the playoffs and Wade played poorly in many games.

People hate Lebron because he is under the microscope and every move he makes gets so much attention! No one hates on Kobe for winning with Shaq.

Lebron doesnt get in trouble with the law; you wont see him in the News paper for anything controversial; he is a positive role model for children.

BigBongTheory
06-22-2012, 01:13 PM

I dislike Lebron because he is catching Kobe in rings? get real you delusional fanboy. Wade has two, So I hate him even more because he's closer than Lebron? Grow up now.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Again its not because he won a ring, its the fact that people always had to worship the ground he walked on.. "ohh lebron is the king", "omg Lebron GOAT", "Lebron= KING of the NBA", etc... and this was before lebron even won a ring... I know its only going to be worse now that he actually won a ring. But he deserved it with the great team they had this year.

Its just funny people have to walk around and consider someone (Lebron) the King of the NBA... Would that make Obama, King of the world??? but I guess thats a whole different topic.

never said he was goat or king i just made a comment to show despite the desperate hating, haters are running out of ammo quickly. Apparently im a nut hugger now

bucketss
06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
I dislike Lebron because he is catching Kobe in rings? get real you delusional fanboy. Wade has two, So I hate him even more because he's closer than Lebron? Grow up now.

Yes, exactly and this comment proves it stay mad,laker fan i mean kobe fan

bluefire7002
06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Lebron carried the Heat in the Finals, if you watched the games you could see that without him on the floor they were a shell of a team. Bosh was almost completely MIA in the playoffs and Wade played poorly in many games.

People hate Lebron because he is under the microscope and every move he makes gets so much attention! No one hates on Kobe for winning with Shaq.

Lebron doesnt get in trouble with the law; you wont see him in the News paper for anything controversial; he is a positive role model for children.

That's probably the #1 most used comment against Kobe on here man...

TheIlladelph16
06-22-2012, 01:18 PM

How does that qualify as cowardly exactly? Jordan has come out and said that he was "SECONDS" away from going to the Knicks because they offered him the biggest deal and only stayed in Chicago because they matched the offer at the last minute. No but he is just a player that wanted to stay with his original team and win for them not go team up with other stars.

I get it... My buddy calls him a coward constantly. You have a totally different perception on Lebron and what decision he should have made so it was the I guess "brave" (?) choice. The fact is that NO ONE wants to play in Cleveland... It's literally a hole of a city their sports teams perpetually suck. Should he have just wasted away his talent and prime to play along side Varajao and Jamison? Should he have gone to Chicago where he would be playing 23 yr old former MVP and expect to not get the same "teaming up" criticism? The simple answer is no.

None of the choices would have been a cowardly one. Your team can have all the talent in the world, but you still have to step out on the court in a Finals and win the ****ing series not to mention even getting there. The guy takes more criticism than any athlete possibly ever and he manned up.... far from cowardly.

bluefire7002
never said he was goat or king i just made a comment to show despite the desperate hating, haters are running out of ammo quickly. Apparently im a nut hugger now

I dont believe I was quoting you with my original post... It went to some dude referring to lebron the king of the NBA in the first page. Either he was trolling or hes a real Lebron Nut hugger.

LongIslandIcedZ
It changes my opinion of him definitely. Not as a player, I always knew he was the best. The way he carried himself after last night was incredible. Im still not a heat fan and certainly wont root for them going forward, but the maturity Lebron displayed was great in my opinion. I can only hope the Knicks can unseat the heat soon.

Iron24th
06-22-2012, 01:19 PM
His change of attitude impressed me more than his title.

Jack_Meoff
06-22-2012, 01:19 PM
That's probably the #1 most used comment against Kobe on here man...

Well thats because its a similar scenario, and proves that this media age develops this hate that everyone has for him and the heat.

bluefire7002
06-22-2012, 01:20 PM

I believe that was sarcasm from him:p

Jack_Meoff
06-22-2012, 01:21 PM
It changes my opinion of him definitely. Not as a player, I always knew he was the best. The way he carried himself after last night was incredible. Im still not a heat fan and certainly wont root for them going forward, but the maturity Lebron displayed was great in my opinion. I can only hope the Knicks can unseat the heat soon.

This....and I can respect a player that states, in the beginning of the season, that he wants to change himself on and off the court and makes that change. Good for him.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Oh my god, can people stop saying, "After he carried himself after winning..." = I gained more respect.

Do you have ANY idea how easy it is to 'carry yourself' after you just won... it's the easiest thing to do. It's not like you are a hotbed of competing emotions (Anger, sadness, frustration, emptiness, etc...)... No, you are just happy that you did it. The man WON and when you win, everything is a helluva a lot easier. Sheesh, your argument pretty much is in line with, "Yea, because he didn't kick a puppy after winning the championship... the man clearly deserves my respect."

How about when things weren't working his way; did he man up or sulk... or quit on his team... etc. Everybody can act the role of winner... but takes a special few that shine when they are the loser in a contest.

long ball
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Not really. Lebron was already ****ing awesome.

torocan
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
People hate Lebron because he is under the microscope and every move he makes gets so much attention!

Actually.... people hate Lebron because...

1) He left Cleveland in a national press conference. Other players just put it out on twitter.
2) He bragged about winning 7+ championships before he step foot on the floor with Miami.
3) He said it would be "easy" to win championships.
4) He has a "King James" tattoo.
5) He was a no show in last year's Finals against Dallas.
6) He told everyone that they could go back to their "pathetic" lives.
7) He conspired in the off season to put together a "super team". Not just a great competitive team, but a team that was supposed to blow through the entire NBA. Jordan said he would NEVER have wanted to play with Bird because he wanted to play against the BEST. Jordan didn't just want a ring, he wanted to Earn it against the best in the league.

In general, he's been an arrogant *** for the last couple years. Combine that with his no show in last year's finals and you get a guy that alot of people don't like.

And he didn't get under the microscope by accident. He went looking for the spotlight and got it. People who don't want to be under a microscope don't hold national press conferences during free agency.

He's the best player in the league, but he Earned every fan who dislikes him all by himself.

Jack_Meoff
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Actually.... people hate Lebron because...

1) He left Cleveland in a national press conference. Other players just put it out on twitter.
2) He bragged about winning 7+ championships before he step foot on the floor with Miami.
3) He said it would be "easy" to win championships.
4) He has a "King James" tattoo.
5) He was a no show in last year's Finals against Dallas.
6) He told everyone that they could go back to their "pathetic" lives.
7) He conspired in the off season to put together a "super team". Not just a great competitive team, but a team that was supposed to blow through the entire NBA. Jordan said he would NEVER have wanted to play with Bird because he wanted to play against the BEST. Jordan didn't just want a ring, he wanted to Earn it against the best in the league.

In general, he's been an arrogant *** for the last couple years. Combine that with his no show in last year's finals and you get a guy that alot of people don't like.

And he didn't get under the microscope by accident. He went looking for the spotlight and got it. People who don't want to be under a microscope don't hold national press conferences during free agency.

He's the best player in the league, but he Earned every fan who dislikes him all by himself.

In the grand scheme of things those are such little things to hate a person for.
1. Amare has a tattoo where he calls himself Black Jesus, compared to King James thats way more controversial.

2. D' Wade isnt the best player and is getting old. I think Westbrook is a better number 2 than Wade. Wade is living off of yesterday's breath.

3. Jordan needs to shut up and worry about the Bobcats. Worst GM in NBA history. And he had Pippen, who was better than Bosh, and maybe Wade, maybe. and if not better, at least more versitile.

4. And so he said he wants to win 7 titles, and it would be easy. Clearly he wasnt completely serious when he said that. And they will win titles, and he stated that the approach of being the arrogant bad guy isnt a good fit for him and changed. He ditched the arogance and put in hard work.

JordansBulls
06-22-2012, 01:46 PM
His change of attitude impressed me more than his title.

This as well. He admitted the reason the Heat lost last year was because of him. That takes humility to admit.

Rapsjaysleafs
06-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh my god, can people stop saying, "After he carried himself after winning..." = I gained more respect.

Do you have ANY idea how easy it is to 'carry yourself' after you just won... it's the easiest thing to do. It's not like you are a hotbed of competing emotions (Anger, sadness, frustration, emptiness, etc...)... No, you are just happy that you did it. The man WON and when you win, everything is a helluva a lot easier. Sheesh, your argument pretty much is in line with, "Yea, because he didn't kick a puppy after winning the championship... the man clearly deserves my respect."

How about when things weren't working his way; did he man up or sulk... or quit on his team... etc. Everybody can act the role of winner... but takes a special few that shine when they are the loser in a contest.

You mad bro?

Every single post is so negative. Relax maybe next year your Knicks will have a chance ....... I kid I kid

But look at the way Wade celebrated last night. Not in a negative way, but he was pumped.
Lebron was pumped as well, but chose to talk to Durant as time expired.

Now process that for a second ..... as time expired, and Lebron won his FIRST chip, he wasnt with his team going crazy, he was talking to KD.

It really doesnt matter at all, because regardless of how Lebron acted, people would hate. Had he ran around the court screaming, he is a poor winner, if he handles himself with class, its expected and not a big deal.

I am not a Lebron supporter, but he showed class and respect last night

sixers247
06-22-2012, 01:56 PM
^ Godd post

BigBongTheory
06-22-2012, 01:58 PM

Your mind is somewhere else, you need to find it again. Bucket when plural is spelled with one S. I'm just trying to help you little buddy.

Jack_Meoff
06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
You mad bro?

Every single post is so negative. Relax maybe next year your Knicks will have a chance ....... I kid I kid

But look at the way Wade celebrated last night. Not in a negative way, but he was pumped.

Now process that for a second ..... as time expired, and Lebron won his FIRST chip, he wasnt with his team going crazy, he was talking to KD.

It really doesnt matter at all, because regardless of how Lebron acted, people would hate. Had he ran around the court screaming, he is a poor winner, if he handles himself with class, its expected and not a big deal.

I second this... PS stop hating. Learn to be happy for others.

BigBongTheory
06-22-2012, 02:01 PM
You mad bro?

No doubt, he has showed respect all season and all playoffs, but a parade and a decision you cannot change. He got his first ring, and congrats.

iam brett favre
06-22-2012, 02:01 PM
I gained a lot of respect for him..I'm actually happy he won.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
You mad bro?

... I hate people who are blissfully unaware of the human psychy. You know you judge a mans character in adversity, not in triumph. There is a reason for that... people act a certain way in different situations, but the true core of character is shown when things aren't going their way.

Process that for a second... Process that. It's a very simple thing but you continually and blissfully ignore it. I am pointing out a fact... you are pointing out propaganda. Great... He didn't kick Durant after the closing seconds... WHAT A GREAT MAN stands before us. It's not goddamn class to not kick your opponent and/or show them up. It's not... it's what should be the norm, not class.

The standards for Lebron James have hit rock bottom that these things are viewed as classy or respectful.

Great, a cheap shot on the Knicks, you jester you... I am sure you had a little twinkle in your eye and a smirk on your lips as you typed it up. I don't understand it... what does that have to do with Lebron James... Oh wait, it doesn't... but that doesn't take that twinkle in your eye away and that smug look on your face.

5ass
06-22-2012, 02:08 PM

Its funny that people say lebron quit on his team (the cavs), but no1 mentions how they quit on him first.

Ni55anpat
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
He took the easy row to a championship. So my opinion on him hasn't changed.

If he won the title in CLE. I honestly think I would respect him as a player, but I still don't & never will.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Its funny that people say lebron quit on his team (the cavs), but no1 mentions how they quit on him first.

How did the Cavs quit on him?

Rapsjaysleafs
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
... I hate people who are blissfully unaware of the human psychy. You know you judge a mans character in adversity, not in triumph. There is a reason for that... people act a certain way in different situations, but the true core of character is shown when things aren't going their way.

Process that for a second... Process that. It's a very simple thing but you continually and blissfully ignore it. I am pointing out a fact... you are pointing out propaganda. Great... He didn't kick Durant after the closing seconds... WHAT A GREAT MAN stands before us. It's not goddamn class to not kick your opponent and/or show them up. It's not... it's what should be the norm, not class.

The standards for Lebron James have hit rock bottom that these things are viewed as classy or respectful.

Great, a cheap shot on the Knicks, you jester you... I am sure you had a little twinkle in your eye and a smirk on your lips as you typed it up. I don't understand it... what does that have to do with Lebron James... Oh wait, it doesn't... but that doesn't take that twinkle in your eye away and that smug look on your face.

What is his true character then?

You and I have NO idea at all.

Is he The Decision type villain that the propaganda machine has made him up to be? Or is he the team first player who had a long hard look in the mirror, stopped playing basketball with hate an started playing it with love as he said
night?

The decision changed me from a Lebron lover and supporter, into a die hard Lebron basher.
Last night will NEVER discredit The Decision and that beyond silly display at American Airlines Arena to start last season, but what last night did do was raise the level of respect I have, and I am sure many other people have for Lebron.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Alright... I am done. Keep your rose-colored glasses on... Euphoria triumphs logic.

To recap in case people don't want to read through 10 pages:

You are a hater if your opinion doesn't change.
If your opinion differs from the hive mind than it is invalid.
Lebron respects the game now.
We should all bow before Lebron.
Lebron is very mature to go and team up with Wade and Bosh instead of challenging himself.

If you don't agree with any of those, you are clearly a hater because only haters have different opinions.

Sheesh... It's always nice to know an opinion can be wrong... it's usually up until you say it in a sports forum and discuss it...

ddhulett
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Nope he's always been capable of winning the Championship. As soon as he got into the league we all knew he would win one it was just the matter of when.

It's too bad he had to do it with Wade and Bosh

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM
What is his true character then?

You and I have NO idea at all.

Is he The Decision type villain that the propaganda machine has made him up to be? Or is he the team first player who had a long hard look in the mirror, stopped playing basketball with hate an started playing it with love as he said
night?

The decision changed me from a Lebron lover and supporter, into a die hard Lebron basher.
Last night will NEVER discredit The Decision and that beyond silly display at American Airlines Arena to start last season, but what last night did do was raise the level of respect I have, and I am sure many other people have for Lebron.

I have seen the guy sulk and whine when things don't go his way... and that's the type of character I imagine Lebron James to have. Is that a fair portrayal... a case of confirmation bias... I don't know. I see a man who was afraid to take a path less traveled and took the easy way... a man who wants a shortcut to greatness instead of forging his own path. A man who is going to be defined by who he played with instead of who he played against.

bluefire7002
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Alright... I am done. Keep your rose-colored glasses on... Euphoria triumphs logic.

To recap in case people don't want to read through 10 pages:

You are a hater if your opinion doesn't change.
If your opinion differs from the hive mind than it is invalid.
Lebron respects the game now.
We should all bow before Lebron.
Lebron is very mature to go and team up with Wade and Bosh instead of challenging himself.

If you don't agree with any of those, you are clearly a hater because only haters have different opinions.

Sheesh... It's always nice to know an opinion can be wrong... it's usually up until you say it in a sports forum and discuss it...

:clap::clap::clap:

edit: crap now Im a hater for agreeing with you :rolleyes:

thephoenixson28
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
People don't realize it's a team sport, why does lebron get all the hate. Just cuz lebron joined 2 other superstars to win a championship, isn't that the whole point. Jordan,Magic, and Bird didn't have to leave there team, cuz they actually put pieces around them to win a championship. If Cleveland would've at least tried to get another superstar, lebron probably would've stayed. But they go after a old *** Antwan Jamison, and a old *** Shaq. They should've traded for Amare when they had the chance. Can't fault Lebron for getting a team together to win a championship. People are just looking for something to nitpick just cuz he won his first championship.

Rapsjaysleafs
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
I have seen the guy sulk and whine when things don't go his way... and that's the type of character I imagine Lebron James to have. Is that a fair portrayal... a case of confirmation bias... I don't know. I see a man who was afraid to take a path less traveled and took the easy way... a man who wants a shortcut to greatness instead of forging his own path. A man who is going to be defined by who he played with instead of who he played against.

I can fully understand what you are saying.

People right now (I think) have a new regained LEVEL of respect for Lebron,
Had Lebron done this by himself, people would be on their knees for him.

That also being said, the way he played in these finals, he could have done some serious damage on just about any team.

pacman16
06-22-2012, 02:35 PM
this whole "couldn't do it himself ****" is so annoying and over played..
garnett couldn't do it alone, no one cared about him and allen going to boston and dominating that year.
everyone was saying how wade is washed up and not the same and when bosh was on the raptors calling him over rated, soft ect....
bosh was injured lot and wade wasn't the old amazing Dwade due to injuries and simply declining a bit.
Lebron dominated these playoffs , give the man some respect.

ChicagoJ
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
I think having to join the heat and doing it with wade and bosh will always tarnish LeBron's success a bit. But, my opinoin hasn't changed.

I think he's a great player and even though he gets criticized for failing late in games or not hitting that last second shot, he's one of the last guys I'd want my team going up against in the 4th quarter. I always thought the criticisms of him were overblown. He's an unselfish player first and foremost and people need to realize that about him.

Jarvo
06-22-2012, 02:49 PM

:facepalm: At Dirk doing it himself.

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 02:55 PM
this whole "couldn't do it himself ****" is so annoying and over played..
garnett couldn't do it alone, no one cared about him and allen going to boston and dominating that year.
everyone was saying how wade is washed up and not the same and when bosh was on the raptors calling him over rated, soft ect....
bosh was injured lot and wade wasn't the old amazing Dwade due to injuries and simply declining a bit.
Lebron dominated these playoffs , give the man some respect.

ROFL... Yes, they went there. They walked over there in free agency like Bosh and Lebron... Oh wait, no... it was a trade. A trade by a GM who wanted a win now strategy that paid off... This two different things.

Why do I need to give him any respect? He finally won... the big mouth egotistic brat finally did something besides talk a good game... he played it.

TylerSL
06-22-2012, 02:58 PM
ROFL... Yes, they went there. They walked over there in free agency like Bosh and Lebron... Oh wait, no... it was a trade. A trade by a GM who wanted a win now strategy that paid off... This two different things.

Why do I need to give him any respect? He finally won... the big mouth egotistic brat finally did something besides talk a good game... he played it.

you must really be butthurt.....

I thought you said you were done?

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 03:00 PM
you must really be butthurt.....

I thought you said you were done?

I can't help it... when people say stupid things. I feel the need to correct them or their ignorance will become fact, because thinking for yourself isn't the norm in a mob mentality.

NYKalltheway
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM
nope.. still the same person and player.

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
He can now accept the mantle of King James. That's all.

TylerSL
06-22-2012, 03:03 PM
I can't help it... when people say stupid things. I feel the need to correct them or their ignorance will become fact, because thinking for yourself isn't the norm in a mob mentality.

dude you've gone on for 11 pages, we all know what you think. You dont need to attack Heat fans and Lebron for 11 pages. Its kind of pathetic.....

Immoknight
06-22-2012, 03:16 PM
dude you've gone on for 11 pages, we all know what you think. You dont need to attack Heat fans and Lebron for 11 pages. Its kind of pathetic.....

... Really? Attack heat fans and Lebron... Please show me where I 'attack'... So, stating my opinion that is different from yours is me attacking the Heat and Lebron?

I don't even know what to say anymore... What's pathetic is your rose-colored glasses telling you that I am attacking the Heat fan and Lebron because I am explaining away these foolish notions of people as the hype train leaves the station...

Grouch26
06-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Not at all. it doesnt matter how many rings he wins. he took the easy way out. he would have changed peoples mind if he would have won in cleveland. but he didnt want to earn it that way.

NoahH
06-22-2012, 03:30 PM

oh shut up

This. People always overlook this. He had Boobie Gibson as his second fiddle! C'mon!

My perception has always been the same. I've always supported him 100%

Pacerlive
06-22-2012, 04:47 PM
This. People always overlook this. He had Boobie Gibson as his second fiddle! C'mon!

My perception has always been the same. I've always supported him 100%

Boobie Gibson was not his second fiddle.

People act like he didn't have talent around him with the Cavs but he did. Mo Williams, Delonte West, and Big Z were all pretty good and Lebron made them better.

I mean take the best player off of 99% of the teams in the league and they are lotto bound so lets not act like Lebron was the end all be all for the Cavs because he wasn't. Not even in the Pistons series where he had 3 double digit scorers on his team to help him. Where West and Mo both scored 20 in game 2.

drobe86
06-22-2012, 04:55 PM
I can certainly see both sides of this argument. But I have to give him credit for winning this ring. HE had a phenomenal run this playoff season. That being said I think he took the easy way out and didn't do what a KING would do. It would have been much better to see him do what guys like Dirk and Jordan do. Those guys bring the championship to them, they don't go chasing a championship. Boys do what they can, Men do what they want, and under this scenario LBJ is a boy. I've been a huge Lebron detracter but I will give him credit for taking home the title, but he did take the easy way out and nobody can deny that.

drobe86
06-22-2012, 04:57 PM

Great Post. A great player doesn't take the easy way out. They figure out a way to get it done. You work with what you have. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand.

CavsYanksDuke
06-22-2012, 05:07 PM
lebron is the best player in the nba...period.

Mia is just a very hard team to root for.

Yes lebron took an easier way to a title, but it is what it is. I think even on cle he would have won it this year, he was just on a mission.

+1

NYtilIdie
06-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Great Post. A great player doesn't take the easy way out. They figure out a way to get it done. You work with what you have. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand.

Meanwhile in Miami, Lebron & Co. are getting their rings prepared.

ThunderZubb
06-22-2012, 06:06 PM
You wonder fans hate Miami HEAT TEAM AND IT'S FANS BECAUSE STUPID THREADS LIKE THIS COMPARING LEBRON TO MICHAEL JORDAN OR SAYING LEBRON WILL BE THE BEST PLAYER ALL TIME IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS GIMMIE ME A BREAK SERIOUSLY. IT IS MOSTLY MIAMI HEAT FANS WHO ARE 16 Years old or younger. HAHA WHAT A JOKE HAVE YOU JOBBERS WATCHED MICHAEL JORDAN PLAY AGAINST THE BAD BOYS IN HIS PRIME. YOU KNOW HOW HE GOT HIT BADLY BY BAD BOYS PISTONS TRUST ME DEREK FISHER FOUL WAS NOT A FRAGANT AND I AM TELLING LEBRON WOULD NOT SURVIVE IN THE 90 ERA. CHARLIE OAKLEY, DENNIS RODMAN, BILL LIAMBEER, ANTHONY MASON AND ETC WOULD OF ATE LEBRON ALIVE PLUS HE HAS NO ****ING HEART.

LEBRON CANNOT HOLD MICHAEL JORDAN JOCKSTRAP

Fnom11
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM

While I respect your opinion I kind of disagree on the foot in the mouth part. He's been extremely respectful and mature in his interviews and conversations lately.

Bornknick73
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
People don't realize it's a team sport, why does lebron get all the hate. Just cuz lebron joined 2 other superstars to win a championship, isn't that the whole point. Jordan,Magic, and Bird didn't have to leave there team, cuz they actually put pieces around them to win a championship. If Cleveland would've at least tried to get another superstar, lebron probably would've stayed. But they go after a old *** Antwan Jamison, and a old *** Shaq. They should've traded for Amare when they had the chance. Can't fault Lebron for getting a team together to win a championship. People are just looking for something to nitpick just cuz he won his first championship.

They couldve had Amare at the trade deadline but James wanted Jamison. And dont tell me Amare on the PnR with James wouldnt have won the title.

James chose Twan. He had the power to ok the deal for Stat. DOnt say he didnt. He had all the power there. He sabotaged his chance at the title so he could bounce out of Cleveland. All the signs are there.

He didnt want Stat who would have made a perfect PnR partner then he threw game 5 against the Celtics. Bottomline is he wanted out of Cleveland so he could team up with his buddies who hatched that plan during the Olympics. If he won the title in Cleveland he wouldve had to stay there.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 08:43 PM
They couldve had Amare at the trade deadline but James wanted Jamison. And dont tell me Amare on the PnR with James wouldnt have won the title.

James chose Twan. He had the power to ok the deal for Stat. DOnt say he didnt. He had all the power there. He sabotaged his chance at the title so he could bounce out of Cleveland. All the signs are there.

He didnt want Stat who would have made a perfect PnR partner then he threw game 5 against the Celtics. Bottomline is he wanted out of Cleveland so he could team up with his buddies who hatched that plan during the Olympics. If he won the title in Cleveland he wouldve had to stay there.

That is simply just not true. Nice try, play again.

Phoenix nixed the Amare trade.

Chronz
06-22-2012, 08:54 PM

Had he won with Cleveland he would have accomplished his mission and could have left just as easily. And from what I heard it was Cleveland who refused to trade Hickson to get Amare.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Had he won with Cleveland he would have accomplished his mission and could have left just as easily. And from what I heard it was Cleveland who refused to trade Hickson to get Amare.

Phoenix backed out of the deal with Big Z and another player (can't remember). Then countered saying Z and Hickson. Then Cleveland said no, got Jamison and sealed their fate.

HesterJordan23
06-22-2012, 09:08 PM
no matter what heat fans have all the ammo ont there side because they won... and they dont care how it happened.. i will say if drose lebron and bosh were on the same team i wouldnt consider it a real championship u may say im lying and mock me but the true greats wait and earn it not plan out a way to get together on one team... i give lebron his props he did actuallyprove me wrong in alot of way and he is a great player same to wade and bosh but ever since they got together i knew it wasnt fair.. its all sterns fault for allowing it.. but then he doesnt allow cp3 to L.A. ????? who knows and i dont care anymore

big props to miami for winning it and i hope the bulls and heat have a very good rivalry as long as these guys are together

JC_
06-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I still have the same view of Lebron. I'm glad he changed his mindset this season.

Haters need to understand sometimes you need to take action in your own life if you want something. Lebron was in Cleveland for a long time, same with Bosh in Toronto. Lebron decided to go play with one of his best friends and other guys who had the same championship mentality and it's made him better person and player.

HesterJordan23
06-22-2012, 09:17 PM
I still have the same view of Lebron. I'm glad he changed his mindset this season.

Haters need to understand sometimes you need to take action in your own life if you want something. Lebron was in Cleveland for a long time, same with Bosh in Toronto. Lebron decided to go play with one of his best friends and other guys who had the same championship mentality and it's made him better person and player.

come on bro if your the best player in the worl and ur not winning with the team you have u wanna get better right so you do leave if you cant get anyone but its different with lebron because these guys played it out to where they landed on the same team took pay cuts to create a 3 headed monster... they had a huge hoo rah and made money for charity the **** was planned out and they for them knowing that its not right...

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:18 PM
come on bro if your the best player in the worl and ur not winning with the team you have u wanna get better right so you do leave if you cant get anyone but its different with lebron because these guys played it out to where they landed on the same team took pay cuts to create a 3 headed monster... they had a huge hoo rah and made money for charity the **** was planned out and they for them knowing that its not right...

wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah.........next.

JC_
06-22-2012, 09:19 PM

Those greedy, heartless bastards!!!

HesterJordan23
06-22-2012, 09:20 PM
wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah.........next.

and this is why heat fans are idiots... everyone is a hater who doesnt agree or bow down to there feet..i give props already said it like three times i just dont like how it was done...

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:21 PM

Damn them for wanting to enjoy their lives and be with people they like. I'm sure James, Shaq and JJ Hickson just tore up Cleveland.

HesterJordan23
06-22-2012, 09:22 PM

i guess your one of the guys on the court who wanna be on the best team because your afraid of the challenge i feel bad for you

MetroMan
06-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Lebron James "I played with so much hate last season"

stay classy lebron

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:24 PM
and this is why heat fans are idiots... everyone is a hater who doesnt agree or bow down to there feet..i give props already said it like three times i just dont like how it was done...

Your reasoning is stupid. They wanted to play a game with their friends and go to a city that actually has a pulse. Who cares, they realized that the NBA is all about marketing and entertainment and made a choice to become marketable and a huge entertainment draw.

Sounds to me like good business strategy by them. If you want to watch basketball for basketball watch Euro-league.

HesterJordan23
06-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Your reasoning is stupid. They wanted to play a game with their friends and go to a city that actually has a pulse. Who cares, they realized that the NBA is all about marketing and entertainment and made a choice to become marketable and a huge entertainment draw.

Sounds to me like good business strategy by them. If you want to watch basketball for basketball watch Euro-league.

so then why wasnt cp3 sent to l.a. lakers for his enjoyment because that where he wanted to go?

SeoulBeatz
06-22-2012, 09:27 PM
No, Lebron was the MVP/Best player in the league before he won, and he still is afterwards.

He's a flat out beast, and anyone who denies it is a hater.

Teeboy1487
06-22-2012, 09:29 PM
My view on Lebron changed in Game 6 in the ECF. When I saw that performance, I knew I saw a winner.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
so then why wasnt cp3 sent to l.a. lakers for his enjoyment because that where he wanted to go?

because he wasn't a free agent and still ended up playing in LA anyways.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM

The league shut down that TRADE. Bosh and LeBron were FREE AGENTS.

So your arguement is apples and oranges. Nice try though.

HesterJordan23
06-22-2012, 09:31 PM
well i guess expect durant an james to join soon cuz there best buddies too.. james's contract is ending soon......

HesterJordan23
06-22-2012, 09:34 PM
The league shut down that TRADE. Bosh and LeBron were FREE AGENTS.

So your arguement is apples and oranges. Nice try though.

if stern didnt want it to be he couldve stopped it. hes the comish just seems a lil funky

h2r09
06-22-2012, 09:35 PM
no matter what heat fans have all the ammo ont there side because they won... and they dont care how it happened.. i will say if drose lebron and bosh were on the same team i wouldnt consider it a real championship u may say im lying and mock me but the true greats wait and earn it not plan out a way to get together on one team... i give lebron his props he did actuallyprove me wrong in alot of way and he is a great player same to wade and bosh but ever since they got together i knew it wasnt fair.. its all sterns fault for allowing it.. but then he doesnt allow cp3 to L.A. ????? who knows and i dont care anymore

big props to miami for winning it and i hope the bulls and heat have a very good rivalry as long as these guys are together
don't be stupid. name me 1 player who won it being the only guy. you put up great numbers on teams like lebron has in cleveland. you win with other great players.

sterns fault for allowing 3 players to want to sacrifice their own personal game, salary, and fame in the sake of winning?

just give the heat credit, they put together a team full of guys who sacrificed to play for them. the big 3, haslem, miller, battier all took less to play here and win a ring.

funny how before lebron came here all we wanted of athletes was to put down their own needs and wants for the sake of winning, but when someone actually does it, we trash them. funny how that works.

there was no shortcuts in winning this title.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:37 PM
if stern didnt want it to be he couldve stopped it. hes the comish just seems a lil funky

How can stern stop players who are free agents from joining a team, if it is within salary cap rules?

h2r09
06-22-2012, 09:38 PM

probably because he didn't come to your team. what about it is funky? stern can't do anything if 3 guys put their salary on the back burner because they would rather win.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 09:41 PM

._. i don't want to live on this planet anymore ._.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 09:43 PM
exactly, lebron said he hated the world

stay classy lebron

true. like him and his team mates said **** these haters **** these ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1KljW6moCM&t=0m19s

Glen20
06-22-2012, 09:48 PM
So I post what lebron said in his interview "I played with so much hatred last season". Than you respond saying "That comment was talking about him playing "me against the world" and playing angry"

you make no sense

so glad you're still here :win:

JC_
06-22-2012, 09:48 PM
i guess your one of the guys on the court who wanna be on the best team because your afraid of the challenge i feel bad for you

You caught me! Challenges are lame and like you I hate people who make money for charity's.

MetroMan
06-22-2012, 09:49 PM
so glad you're still here :win:

Kobe: :win::win::win::win::win:

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:50 PM
So I post what lebron said in his interview "I played with so much hatred last season". Than you respond saying "That comment was talking about him playing "me against the world" and playing angry"

you make no sense

That was the context of the quote. He was talking about him seeing himself as a villian. He talked about how he was taking all the hate he got from the media and trying to play the game to spite them. He then said at the end of the season, that he played with so much hatred and that wasn't him. That he was playing against the world (the media, the haters). This year he said he got back to having fun.

So yeah you took it out of context. In fact he admitted his wrongs and fixed them.

Trollolololololol

Cal827
Not one bit. As of now, best current player in the world bar none

Better Than Rose
Better than Bryant
Better than Durant
Better than Wade
Better than Dirk
Better than Metroman
Better than HesterJordan23
Better than ChitownBears22
Better than CousinEvansDuo

He wanted to be a situation where he wanted to win. He joined up with his friends (who are also very good players) when they all played out their contracts. It was his right to choose. You expect him to remain on a team that was stumped cap wise and rejected adding another star player, just because it would have cost them Hickson as well as Z's expiring? If there was a time where you were looking to build from drafts, it's not when your superstar player is heading into UFA. They should have made smarter moves in the drafts in the first years after... Maybe not let Boozer out of his initial contract until it actually expired. I mean I hate him cause I think he's overrated, but you expect that he would turn down a contract that's basically double of what Cleveland was gonna offer (39 v about 70 from Utah)? I don't care how loyal a guy is, with the life of an NBA player possibly ending on a single bad landing, the guy is gonna take the contract worth double).

We can blame Lebron all we want, but in the end.. FO failed him miserably no matter how you look at it.

Glen20

oh im sorry are you kobe?

ChitownBears22

I heard LeBron is using Kobe's ring fitting guy, you know because Kobe hasn't been using him recently.

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Not one bit. As of now, best current player in the world bar none

Better Than Rose
Better than Bryant
Better than Durant
Better than Wade
Better than Dirk
Better than Metroman
Better than HesterJordan23
Better than ChitownBears22
Better than CousinEvansDuo

He wanted to be a situation where he wanted to win. He joined up with his friends (who are also very good players) when they all played out their contracts. It was his right to choose. You expect him to remain on a team that was stumped cap wise and rejected adding another star player, just because it would have cost them Hickson as well as Z's expiring? If there was a time where you were looking to build from drafts, it's not when your superstar player is heading into UFA. They should have made smarter moves in the drafts in the first years after... Maybe not let Boozer out of his initial contract until it actually expired. I mean I hate him cause I think he's overrated, but you expect that he would turn down a contract that's basically double of what Cleveland was gonna offer (39 v about 70 from Utah)? I don't care how loyal a guy is, with the life of an NBA player possibly ending on a single bad landing, the guy is gonna take the contract worth double).

We can blame Lebron all we want, but in the end.. FO failed him miserably no matter how you look at it.

Darn!

MetroMan
06-22-2012, 09:54 PM
That was the context of the quote. He was talking about him seeing himself as a villian. He talked about how he was taking all the hate he got from the media and trying to play the game to spite them. He then said at the end of the season, that he played with so much hatred and that wasn't him. That he was playing against the world (the media, the haters). This year he said he got back to having fun.

So yeah you took it out of context. In fact he admitted his wrongs and fixed them.

Trollolololololol

Finally

Blazers#1Fan
06-22-2012, 09:54 PM
How can stern stop players who are free agents from joining a team, if it is within salary cap rules?

#1. If the league votes after the commish vetos a free agency pickup it will make super teams unable to come together.

#2. They should say 1 all star/Superstar(last 2 seasons)Signing per Season/offseason or it gets voted on by the league and the commish

makes it harder to just sign anybody out there

say every Allstar went and took vet min on afew different teams, it is possible and the nba wouldnt be able to stop it unless you can vote upon it and if the commish approves!

h2r09
06-22-2012, 09:55 PM
#1. If the league votes after the commish vetos a free agency pickup it will make super teams unable to come together.

#2. They should say 1 all star/Superstar(last 2 seasons)Signing per Season/offseason or it gets voted on by the league and the commish

say every Allstar went and took vet min on afew different teams, it is possible and the nba wouldnt be able to stop it unless you can vote upon it and if the commish approves!

to much stupid for 1 post. spread it out over a few.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 09:56 PM
anyone know where i can get stats, how much lebron avg with durant guarding him and vice versa?

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 10:00 PM

Please show me within the old CBA (which would apply to their free agency) and the NBA rulebook where any of this is written. If you can I will eat my laptop and post it on youtube. I will also request being banned.

KW93KB24
I heard LeBron is using Kobe's ring fitting guy, you know because Kobe hasn't been using him recently.

yeah because kobe's ring fitting guy already fitted his 6th ring for him already.

bucketss
anyone know where i can get stats, how much lebron avg with durant guarding him and vice versa?

or shooting percentage

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:01 PM
yeah because kobe's ring fitting guy already fitted his 6th ring for him already.

oh so kobe's got six rings?
Well now i can move him above Shaq

KW93KB24
06-22-2012, 10:09 PM
oh so kobe's got six rings?
Well now i can move him above Shaq

good! now he's higher on your list.

Cal827
06-22-2012, 10:10 PM
This thread is getting messier than a Brazzers bukkake scene.

Glen20
good! now he's higher on your list.

if he had six rings he would :)
don't get me wrong, i respect kobe. But don't act like he was alpha male on that team during his first three championships.

KW93KB24
that's every african american?
What does personal image have to do with a person's character?
and why would i care what lebron looks like? Am i Lebron?

That's ever african-american? wtf are u talking about???
That comes of as racist.

KW93KB24
06-22-2012, 10:12 PM
but the law should not allow innocent men to have their names dragged through the mud by some person who they may not have raped. In the case of Kobe Bryant the prosecution was forced to drop their case when Katelyn Faber (accuser) realized it would be revealed that she was promiscuous, egged him on, and was mentally ill to the point of previous suicide attempts, and refused to testify

http://voices.yahoo.com/women-lie-rape-394483.html

get a clue before labeling kobe a "rapist."

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:14 PM
but the law should not allow innocent men to have their names dragged through the mud by some person who they may not have raped. In the case of Kobe Bryant the prosecution was forced to drop their case when Katelyn Faber (accuser) realized it would be revealed that she was promiscuous, egged him on, and was mentally ill to the point of previous suicide attempts, and refused to testify

http://voices.yahoo.com/women-lie-rape-394483.html

get a clue before labeling kobe a "rapist."

oh well i eat crow there.

kobebabe
06-22-2012, 10:15 PM
I respect him as a player but dislike the fact that he took a short cut to win it. It would have been much more celebrated by everyone had he won it as a Cav than as a heat. Just my thoughts

jiggin
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
rings don't un-douche someone...in fact, it will probably only inflate his ego making him an even bigger douche.

He is good at basketball, everyone knows that...but that's it. Beyond his play on the court, which isn't every minute of every game either, he is a douchebag and the world knows this MAN.

KW93KB24
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Grant Hill would not be happy with you.

lol.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 10:32 PM
wow there is an incredibly dumb argument going on right now smh..

TheNumber37
06-22-2012, 10:37 PM
No. I never really liked him as a player, and then move to the Heat sort of... intensified that rage.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:40 PM
yeah shake hands. I don't watch baseball. I'm a huge NFL fan.

Same here. I dont live in America, but i visited 3 years ago to visit family in Boston and the first game i watched ever in my life was the patriots vs the Dolphins at Gillette. Too bad i missed out on the dynasty years, but hopefully i can go to a playoff game sometime in the near future.

KW93KB24
06-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Same here. I dont live in America, but i visited 3 years ago to visit family in Boston and the first game i watched ever in my life was the patriots vs the Dolphins at Gillette. Too bad i missed out on the dynasty years, but hopefully i can go to a playoff game sometime in the near future.

Oh well at least you like the heat, because the pats run that division, but hopefully tannehill can turn out to be that great qb the dolphins are hoping for.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Oh well at least you like the heat, because the pats run that division, but hopefully tannehill can turn out to be that great qb the dolphins are hoping for.

i cant imagine you list boston very much, but i find their fanbase to be very down to earth

KW93KB24
06-22-2012, 10:49 PM
i cant imagine you list boston very much, but i find their fanbase to be very down to earth

when it comes to football, i'm okay with them, but basketball on the other hand i ****ing can't stand them.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:55 PM
when it comes to football, i'm okay with them, but basketball on the other hand i ****ing can't stand them.

lol thats exactly how i feel about the bulls tbh
I don't mind them when it comes to football but when it comes to basketball they piss me off

although, right now, i dont think anything anyone says can truly piss me off
^surely you know how that feels coz you've felt it at least 5 times

KW93KB24
06-22-2012, 11:06 PM
lol thats exactly how i feel about the bulls tbh
I don't mind them when it comes to football but when it comes to basketball they piss me off

although, right now, i dont think anything anyone says can truly piss me off
^surely you know how that feels coz you've felt it at least 5 times

hahaha

KW93KB24
06-22-2012, 11:07 PM
everyone who posted in the last two pages should be put death to make sure they don't reproduce :facepalm: including myself because i don't want to live on this planet anymore

well you could start off things first. lol go ahead.

LJEATON26
06-22-2012, 11:13 PM
He proved that he is the best in the world but i still think he cares more about his image then basketball.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 11:18 PM
He proved that he is the best in the world but i still think he cares more about his image then basketball.

that might have been the case a few years ago, but lebron turned into a man this past season

MetroMan
06-22-2012, 11:20 PM
OKC, outside of durant and westy(cetain games) they had absolutely no one

choloface
06-22-2012, 11:35 PM

It's easy to celebrate and hug the opposing players when you win. What about when he lost the way he acted like a little spoiled punk.

LJEATON26
06-22-2012, 11:36 PM
that might have been the case a few years ago, but lebron turned into a man this past season

He had an amazing playoffs but off the court Lebron is still Lebron.

bucketss
06-22-2012, 11:45 PM
He had an amazing playoffs but off the court Lebron is still Lebron.

his clean criminal record and charity work... such a douche

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 11:46 PM

I know. I am sure none of these PSD haters would go out to a club or party after winning a championship. They would probably go home and take an in depth look at their investment portfolio and read the WSJ.

LJEATON26
06-22-2012, 11:49 PM

I never said he was a bad guy. I think Lebron cares about his image more then anything else. The decision, Delonte and momma James, The Dunk cover up

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 11:52 PM
I never said he was a bad guy. I think Lebron cares about his image more then anything else. The decision, Delonte and momma James, The Dunk cover up

Making something out of nothing. Not understanding that LeBron has an image consultant and handlers. I doubt he really cares that much, he has his money and his career. The people who do these dumb things are the people that have the most to lose.

Also the decision was awesome, ESPN was already devoting 95% of airtime to LeBron and would have covered it like crazy anyway. So he got them to donate 25 million to a charity in order to get an exclusive. Seems nice to me.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 11:53 PM

all things that happened before this season, what has he done since last season that pisses you off?

Bigbadmoffo
06-22-2012, 11:55 PM

Don't you know the team didn't help:p feel sorry for heat players cause all they will hear is lebron won not miller or battiers amazing 3 point percentage ect...

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Don't you know the team didn't help:p feel sorry for heat players cause all they will hear is lebron won not miller or battiers amazing 3 point percentage ect...

nah i think theyre talking about the 1v1 tournament that lebron and durant had

ChitownBears22
06-22-2012, 11:57 PM

Yeah we hear about Kerr and Kukoc all the time.