PDA

View Full Version : 82 Game Season, Would LBJ Have Still Won?

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:29 AM
First off Im a Bulls fan and i would like to congratulate the Heat for winning, hell of a season they played. And this post is not to hate on LBJ or on the Heat.

With the season being a 66 game season. obviously its not as long as a 82 game season. But with a 66 game season you play less games in a shorter span of time. Get what I'm saying?

So my question is, if the season was 82 games long, would LBJ be raising the trophy tonight? Whatcha think. I mean with postseason and regular season they went 62-27 which is 89 games in total. Quite honestly its not that much. So discuss.

popo85
06-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Same thing should be asked about the 99' Spurs then right?

MiamiWadeCounty
06-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Yeah, the heat would have lost. Rose probably would have been healthy and dunked all over James' ugly face and then rubbed his balls in his nose for good measure. What a punk he is. This championship doesn't really even count since they only played 66 games. I'm done with the nba. #thekingwithonlyonering

JC_
06-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah, the heat would have lost. Rose probably would have been healthy and dunked all over James' ugly face and then rubbed his balls in his nose for good measure. What a punk he is. This championship doesn't really even count since they only played 66 games. I'm done with the nba. #thekingwithonlyonering

haha:clap::clap:

EastNYLos
06-22-2012, 01:33 AM
i think way too many variables....injuries etc...

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:33 AM

Im not dissing the heat in anyway or LeBron. Its just a question man. Relax.

JLynn943
06-22-2012, 01:35 AM
I think they would have still won. The only effect the shortened season might have had was benefiting the teams with older stars, and even then, everyone played the same number of games, so it was even/fair for all.

fadahway
06-22-2012, 01:36 AM
What if God was one of us...

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 01:36 AM
yo this is mad random but why are the bulls fans being whinny biaches over the heat winning i thaught that the okc fans would but nope bulls fans are:cry:

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Ofcourse not SMH at these questions

Jay16
06-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Im not dissing the heat in anyway or LeBron. Its just a question man. Relax.

BS, this thread is to give opinions on why the HEAT might not have won. This has HEAT HATE all over it. Bulls had Rose last year and Bron **** in his face. Get off it already Hater.

DaSeba5
06-22-2012, 01:39 AM
I still think Miami would have beaten the Bulls with a healthy Rose.

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:41 AM
yo this is mad random but why are the bulls fans being whinny biaches over the heat winning i thaught that the okc fans would but nope bulls fans are:cry:

If you wanna get technical this was a question proposed by Stephen A. Smith this morning on First Take. Im pretty sure he is a knicks fan. So does that mean he is a whiny ***** too cause you think he is making excuses. Just because I asked a "What If" question doesn't mean anything. I still think The Heat woudve won even if it was 82 games.

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:42 AM

As a Bulls fan I agree. I picked Miami in december to win it all. It was just LeBrons year.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-22-2012, 01:43 AM
Who cares? They played a 66 game schedule, the Heat won. That's all that matters. Move on.

b@llhog24
06-22-2012, 01:43 AM
Playoffs had the same number of games.

Giannis94
06-22-2012, 01:44 AM
no, lebron woulda torn an acl

gotoHcarolina52
Happy LeBronica!!!!!!!

Slug3
Well we play the same amount of games in the post season. All series would be best of 7. Miami still would have won it.

DaSeba5
06-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Maybe Boston would have been more healthy. I think they could have beaten OKC with their experience.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 01:45 AM
If you wanna get technical this was a question proposed by Stephen A. Smith this morning on First Take. Im pretty sure he is a knicks fan. So does that mean he is a whiny ***** too cause you think he is making excuses. Just because I asked a "What If" question doesn't mean anything. I still think The Heat woudve won even if it was 82 games.
so then why make the thread :facepalm:

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:47 AM
so then why make the thread :facepalm:

To see what everyone else has to think?

naps
06-22-2012, 01:48 AM
No way Miami would have if it was a 82 game season. Rose wouldn't be injured if it was a longer season and he would be hoisting the trophy tonight. Right now we would be talking about "Who's better? Jordan or Rose?" But yeah Miami got lucked out since the second best player of all time got injured in the middle of the season.

krest213
06-22-2012, 01:49 AM
yes he would.
not only LBJ but everyone had to play less game this year
so the excuse stop their

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Maybe Boston would have been more healthy. I think they could have beaten OKC with their experience.

This might sound dumb, but I think OKC is to young to win a championship. Durant is a great role model for young kids in todays society. Now if he would've won I'm not saying he would've turned out to be some *******. But their is that possibility of winning getting to you head, the fame, fortune, and money.

Example: Look at Patrick Kane after the Blackhawks won the Cup in 2010, every weekend here in Chicago he's in a paper doing something wrong. And i think winning the cup at such a young age and being put on a stage like that just screws you up and it all gets to your head.

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:52 AM
No way Miami would have if it was a 82 game season. Rose wouldn't be injured if it was a longer season and he would be hoisting the trophy tonight. Right now we would be talking about "Who's better? Jordan or Rose?" But yeah Miami got lucked out since the second best player of all time got injured in the middle of the season.

Once again I'm not saying if Rose was healthy the bulls would've one. Cause they wouldn't of gotten past the heat.

takeshi
06-22-2012, 01:52 AM
82 Game Season, Would _________ Have Still Won?

in fact you can put anyone in the blank.

NYKalltheway
06-22-2012, 01:54 AM
It could have a different result, but I don't think it's the reason why the Heat won. They were the better defensive and rebounding team and seemed to have wanted it more (Heat role players easily outperformed the OKC role players) than the rest.
They were just the better team and we all need to be okay with that. I still don't like the Heat :D

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:55 AM
It could have a different result, but I don't think it's the reason why the Heat won. They were the better defensive and rebounding team and seemed to have wanted it more (Heat role players easily outperformed the OKC role players) than the rest.
They were just the better team and we all need to be okay with that. I still don't like the Heat :D

This is exactly what I'm trying to say

SportsAndrew25
06-22-2012, 01:55 AM
A championship is a championship. Who really cares how many games there are in a season. Lebron did what many people did not think they would ever seen. What Lebron finally did tonight was verify his greatness.

smiddy012
06-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Only way Heat don't win is if they faced a COMPLETELY healthy Bulls team (well Booz being injured would have been no issue IMO), even in that scenario the Heat PROBABLY beat the Bulls. All of Rose/Deng/Noah/Gibson/Watson/Rip would have had to be at 100%... unlikely as hell, even in a non-shortened season. Would have made a killer series hypothetically, the past is the past though.

DaSeba5
06-22-2012, 01:58 AM
This might sound dumb, but I think OKC is to young to win a championship. Durant is a great role model for young kids in todays society. Now if he would've won I'm not saying he would've turned out to be some *******. But their is that possibility of winning getting to you head, the fame, fortune, and money.

Example: Look at Patrick Kane after the Blackhawks won the Cup in 2010, every weekend here in Chicago he's in a paper doing something wrong. And i think winning the cup at such a young age and being put on a stage like that just screws you up and it all gets to your head.

They just need experience. Miami clearly had more experience and was desperate for a title. It hurts for OKC now, but they'll be a better team from this experience. Great team.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 01:58 AM
no one was stopping miami this season.

Cutler FTW!
06-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Only way Heat don't win is if they faced a COMPLETELY healthy Bulls team (well Booz being injured would have been no issue IMO), even in that scenario the Heat PROBABLY beat the Bulls. All of Rose/Deng/Noah/Gibson/Watson/Rip would have had to be at 100%... unlikely as hell, even in a non-shortened season. Would have made a killer series hypothetically, the past is the past though.

Is this sarcasm?

DaSeba5
06-22-2012, 02:00 AM
no one was stopping miami this season.

I agree. Just the way Miami came back against Indy without Bosh, against Boston down 3-2, and against OKC down 0-1. Miami made so many big shots in the Finals. It was their year. You could tell.

WadeKobe
06-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Every team had the same chance of being injured. It wasn't like Miami had an easier road than any other team because of the short season. Miami had an equal road as every other team this year. They stayed healthier. End of story.

Cutler FTW!
They just need experience. Miami clearly had more experience and was desperate for a title. It hurts for OKC now, but they'll be a better team from this experience. Great team.

I agree with everything. And honestly LeBron as a player i love, as a person i hate him. But i don't think anybody on the planet earth was going to stop him from winning a championship this year.

Teeboy1487
Yes.

naps
Once again I'm not saying if Rose was healthy the bulls would've one. Cause they wouldn't of gotten past the heat.

Every team played equal number of games in regular season and playoffs. Every team had injury problems. It was a level playing field for EVERYONE. So what's your point?

Fnom11
06-22-2012, 02:03 AM
I'm not a god so I don't know the answer to this question. What-if questions like these are ********.

rocket
06-22-2012, 02:06 AM
LeBron did technically only play 3 quarters of the season...

naps
06-22-2012, 02:28 AM
LeBron did technically only play 3 quarters of the season...

LMAO @ your sig! Awesome call dude. Kids these days...

MadBomber
06-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Nobody knows, it's all speculation when you talk about hypothetical situations. Lets talk about reality, which is that the Heat won....end of story.

basketfan4life
06-22-2012, 03:45 AM

Exactly.

rocket
06-22-2012, 03:57 AM
LMAO @ your sig! Awesome call dude. Kids these days...

Yep :P

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2012, 05:43 AM
The extra 16 games they would play in the regular only would really only affect seedings. Barring injury of course.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 07:20 AM
i find it really funny that it's bulls fans starting these threads
such sore losers :facepalm:

Bruno
06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Same thing should be asked about the 99' Spurs then right?

i think most fans give the spurs an automatic pass on '99 simply because they went on to win it three more times. kinda threw the argument out completely, getting it done three more times.

Bruno
06-22-2012, 08:17 AM
i think the heat would have won this year regardless. they're just too good. this is why everyone was so pissed over the decision, we all knew this was coming :laugh2:

only question is, how many more times? How much longer can Wade remain elite?

Glen20
06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
i think the heat would have won this year regardless. they're just too good. this is why everyone was so pissed over the decision, we all knew this was coming :laugh2:

only question is, how many more times? How much longer can Wade remain elite?

i would love for Wade to work on his jumpshot.

Bruno
06-22-2012, 08:47 AM
i would love for Wade to work on his jumpshot.

he's gona have to. it's going to be really interesting to see how Flashs games transitions as he hits his mid 30's. I don't think he's gona age as gracefully as Kobe or Ray Allen, but he could put in the work and prove me wrong.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 08:52 AM
he's gona have to. it's going to be really interesting to see how Flashs games transitions as he hits his mid 30's. I don't think he's gona age as gracefully as Kobe or Ray Allen, but he could put in the work and prove me wrong.

lol wade doesn't have the same work ethic. I hope he sees this and uses it as motivation. The heat's best weapon now is criticism.

giventofly
06-22-2012, 08:56 AM
You people are unbelievable. All the threadstarter did was ask a question based on a hypothetical situation. Calm the hell down.

Slade123
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Yes, they still would have won.

HaruSoul
06-22-2012, 09:16 AM
They would have still made the playoffs in a full season. This playoffs was the same as a normal playoff. There was no difference in what they did.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Im curious to hear an argument that someone else would win. I don't understand what 16 games difference would have made

D-Leethal
06-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes. The only reasoning for saying 'no' is assuming someone gets hurt. LBJ and Wade are two of the best-conditioned athletes of all time. They are more used to 82 game seasons than they are 66 game seasons.

jailedgiantsfan
06-22-2012, 09:44 AM
heres what would of happened if it was a full season.

The knicks would of never made the playoffs
Boston would of been way to tired by playoff time to make any noise.
Heat would of got the 1 seed
Heat still win

lol in the next week theres going to be a thousand excuses of what if this that.

dh144498
06-22-2012, 10:37 AM
the reason why Lebron showed up this Finals. Regular season 82 games, this season 66 games. Lebron still thinks he's in the regular season. :D

sixers247
06-22-2012, 10:43 AM
^ Nice math, ********.

HaruSoul
06-22-2012, 10:51 AM
heres what would of happened if it was a full season.

The knicks would of never made the playoffs
Boston would of been way to tired by playoff time to make any noise.
Heat would of got the 1 seed
Heat still win

lol in the next week theres going to be a thousand excuses of what if this that.

lol? If it was a full season the Knicks would have had a better seed.

tbone2171
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
First off Im a Bulls fan

I read this and then left.