PDA

View Full Version : Did the refs help Miami?

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 12:36 AM
This is not a hate thread. I think the Heat flat out beat the Thunder but my friend posted this on Facebook and I thought it was a little suspect. Just wanted to see everyone else thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxEYP9bndro

popo85
06-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Its 12:37 in the eastcoast get some rest my brotha

ManRam
06-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Some calls did. Some calls didn't. That's how it works.

If you really love the Thunder and REALLY hate the Heat, you're going to see it one way.

If the opposite is true, you'll see it another way.

If you're in between...you'll see a lot of 50/50 calls, a lot of tough calls, and realize refs are humans. The refs didn't hand the Heat anything. The Heat made the big plays...they were the better team. Plain and simple.

Avenged
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM
lmao! Nice catch on that.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM
all a matter of perspective.

Evolution23
06-22-2012, 12:40 AM

If you really love the Thunder and REALLY hate the Heat, you're going to see it one way.

If you're in between...you'll see a lot of 50/50 calls, a lot of tough calls, and realize refs are humans. The refs didn't hand the Heat anything. The Heat made the big plays...they were the better team. Plain and simple.

This

EastNYLos
06-22-2012, 12:43 AM
one of the most skeptical playoffs...just like the horrible all star game that was completely scripted from start to finish..

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 12:44 AM
how gives a flying ****? miami won 4 in a row. boom!

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 12:45 AM
i thought it would be an interesting topic

Chacarron
06-22-2012, 12:46 AM
That's funny.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Yep. The refs basically gave us the finals. You happy man? We cheated and this title should have a * next to it. Lebron got lucky that David Stern sucked all the ref's dicks. He is still an arrogant d-bag. Plus, one title is practically no titles. The king with only one ring. What a joke of a player he is and for that matter, a person too.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Not this crap again. Any of the haters need to give it a rest lol. It was a sign for Spo to get off the floor.

koreancabbage
06-22-2012, 12:50 AM
DID you guys ever watch OKC execute in the last two minutes of any game in this series?
or too blinded by that one ref's call in the 4 to 8 minutes left timeframe in the 4th quarter?

kntresistheheat
06-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Really? That's not a high five dude, just stop it! / thread

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 12:51 AM
For you guys making statements towards me, I clearly said I thought the Heat were the better team. The thunder weren't gonna win anyway. So stfu...I made this thread to get other people's opinions

Public Enemy #1
06-22-2012, 12:52 AM
This was the one game that the Thunder had absolutely no chance of winning. You could see it in their body language and how they performed throughout. Miami was hitting all their threes and coming up with big buckets. I would say this game was the least decided by the refs... No doubt the Heat were the better team and more experienced team. Thunder will be back though, don't be mad. lol

MTL_123
06-22-2012, 12:53 AM
ahhahahhahahhahah ***** u mad

NYKnicksAllDay
06-22-2012, 12:55 AM
There were some suspect calls on both sides. No one was stopping Lebron. NO ONE. The Heat won fair and square.

Dade County
06-22-2012, 12:57 AM
This is not a hate thread. I think the Heat flat out beat the Thunder but my friend posted this on Facebook and I thought it was a little suspect. Just wanted to see everyone else thoughts

:laugh::laugh::nod::nod:

NBA = Entertainment

gatkins11
06-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Just my opinion, but the series wasn't really close enough for the officiating to play a huge factor. It's not like every one of these games was decided by three points or less. When that happens officiating and free throws matters a lot more. Then again, that's just my personal opinion.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 12:59 AM
no way would the heat have won one game without the help from the refs (http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Trollface_HD.png/618px-Trollface_HD.png)

JasonJohnHorn
06-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Yes. They did.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Yes. They did.

your so right bro

Vincent
06-22-2012, 01:11 AM
I actually thought that OKC got a ton of calls this game and the Heat got shafted on a few of the non-calls. OKC just couldn't execute, and the Heat did. That was the difference

Jay16
06-22-2012, 01:15 AM
For you guys making statements towards me, I clearly said I thought the Heat were the better team. The thunder weren't gonna win anyway. So stfu...I made this thread to get other people's opinions

you can dress it up anyway you want to, it's still a Heat hate thread.

Go cry in a corner somewhere

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 01:24 AM
you can dress it up anyway you want to, it's still a Heat hate thread.

Go cry in a corner somewhere

The heat have my respect. They won the chip fair and square..I'm not mad about it.
As for you, kiss my ***

Rego247
06-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Lebron traveled.

Method28
06-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Let's stone LeBron to death. It's the only way to end this

natelpete
06-22-2012, 01:32 AM
He was telling him to get off the court.. They even said that during the game. Nice try though

Sadds The Gr8
06-22-2012, 01:33 AM
yes

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Ok then obviously i was wrong about the video...

buffalochipster
06-22-2012, 01:40 AM
I think there were some suspect calls (Game 2 foul at end, Game 4 Westbrook only 3 FTA) but LeBron was incredible during the series. It was close, and I wish this series could have gone 7.

Jay16
06-22-2012, 01:41 AM
The heat have my respect. They won the chip fair and square..I'm not mad about it.
As for you, kiss my ***

You are a HEAT hater, the faster you come to grips with it the faster the rest of PSD can start ignoring your questions.

t_money25
06-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Lol....let it go. It over!!

JLynn943
06-22-2012, 01:47 AM
No. Officiating was suspect at times both ways, but it wasn't a deciding factor anyway.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-22-2012, 02:05 AM
If Stern wanted to rig the series, there would be at least a game 6 or 7.

BURAKOBE
06-22-2012, 02:30 AM
I wouldn't call it necessarily rigging, but it felt all 50-50 calls went Miami's way. But only 2 calls that stands are end of game 2 and 3rd quarter game 3 called and non called fouls on Durant. That 2 calls were huge.

Sssmush
06-22-2012, 02:51 AM
The Heat clearly won Game 5, even though OKC scored 106 points.

But from the way games 2, 3 and 4 went, at least one of those should've been won by OKC, and we should be heading back to OKC for a decisive game 6 now. Those 3 middle games of the series were very poorly officiated, very one-sided, especially the 20 to 5 Ft ratio between Wade and Westbrook in games 3 and 4.

All that being said, it just is what it is. It was fairly good fairly exciting entertainment, even though I am a Laker fan. (I do like both teams in the Finals, but for some reason went from hating OKC to rooting for them in the Finals this year).

And the refs didn't get in the way too too much. There were some playoff/finals games during the 2000's where the refs just sucked all the fun and competitiveness out of the games--and this is coming from a Laker fan.

I guess the NBA managed to push all that off onto Donaghy, and has managed to start a new era. This Finals was OK, not classic imo. In ranking who is most entertaining in this Finals, it's like this:

1. Westbrook (most entertaining)
2. Wade (2nd most entertaining)
3. Lebron (solid, but not flashy. Very few spectacular plays)
4. Durant (lit it up a few times, but after game 1 was underwhelming for the most part, despite solid numbers)

I think this NBA Title means a lot to the media and the league, for some reason it is super crucial for them that Lebron finally wins the title, so, yay.

I've always thought Lebron was a super player, but I've always wanted to see him duel it out one on one with Kobe, for instance. Now I can see he's evolved into kind of a power forward guy who scores his points on fast breaks or drives to the basket... I think Magic likes him because he knows Lebron won't overshadow him, whereas Kobe does clearly overshadow Magic.

Lebron is great but clearly needed a Wade to win a title. Lebron will get his 30-10-8 but that does not equal title without evverything Wade does, and Bosh too for that matter. And Chalmers/Battier/Miller from 3 has to be the HUGE story of the Finals. They won it.

Kyben36
06-22-2012, 02:55 AM
never saw that highfive till now, but that is suspicious, I allways said yes though, you cant Breathe on lebron without getting a foul, but miami can reach like hell and play their arm in your chest defense all day long.

Sssmush
06-22-2012, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't call it necessarily rigging, but it felt all 50-50 calls went Miami's way. But only 2 calls that stands are end of game 2 and 3rd quarter game 3 called and non called fouls on Durant. That 2 calls were huge.

Yeah, if you did a statistical analysis of the officiating in the whole series, the results would probably be terrifying... but having just watched the entire Finals, I'm willing to say that it was a good solid entertainment and there was some great basketball action out there, which is what I want to see.

So, it seemed 90% credible while watching it in the flow of the game, that is enough for me, I prefer to believe. But... say if you compare the refereeing in the Lakers/OKC series... I mean the Lakers just came up against a stone wall, like Kobe getting very few FTs, and light touch fouls sending Westy, Durant, Harden etc to the line. But then if you compare the LA/OKC series to the Miami/OKC series, you can see an incredible difference night and day, it's like OKC's credit card ran out or something. It took them by surprise in games 1 and 2 you could tell.

Bring The Heat
06-22-2012, 03:00 AM
The Heat clearly won Game 5, even though OKC scored 106 points.

But from the way games 2, 3 and 4 went, at least one of those should've been won by OKC, and we should be heading back to OKC for a decisive game 6 now. Those 3 middle games of the series were very poorly officiated, very one-sided, especially the 20 to 5 Ft ratio between Wade and Westbrook in games 3 and 4.

All that being said, it just is what it is. It was fairly good fairly exciting entertainment, even though I am a Laker fan. (I do like both teams in the Finals, but for some reason went from hating OKC to rooting for them in the Finals this year).

And the refs didn't get in the way too too much. There were some playoff/finals games during the 2000's where the refs just sucked all the fun and competitiveness out of the games--and this is coming from a Laker fan.

I guess the NBA managed to push all that off onto Donaghy, and has managed to start a new era. This Finals was OK, not classic imo. In ranking who is most entertaining in this Finals, it's like this:

1. Westbrook (most entertaining)
2. Wade (2nd most entertaining)
3. Lebron (solid, but not flashy. Very few spectacular plays)
4. Durant (lit it up a few times, but after game 1 was underwhelming for the most part, despite solid numbers)

I think this NBA Title means a lot to the media and the league, for some reason it is super crucial for them that Lebron finally wins the title, so, yay.

I've always thought Lebron was a super player, but I've always wanted to see him duel it out one on one with Kobe, for instance. Now I can see he's evolved into kind of a power forward guy who scores his points on fast breaks or drives to the basket... I think Magic likes him because he knows Lebron won't overshadow him, whereas Kobe does clearly overshadow Magic.

Lebron is great but clearly needed a Wade to win a title. Lebron will get his 30-10-8 but that does not equal title without evverything Wade does, and Bosh too for that matter. And Chalmers/Battier/Miller from 3 has to be the HUGE story of the Finals. They won it.

And you think Kobe won it by himself? For 3 championships he won it with arguably the most dominant player and best center to ever play the game in Shaquille oneal. Then he had a bunch of 1st round exits until a player by the name of Paul Gasol arrived. Lamar Odom/Andrew Bynum and a solid bench. Does that take away from a player being great? no it just goes to show how no player no matter how great they are can win a ring by themself.

mark1125
06-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Heat won.....OKC lost. It is irrelevant at this point. It's time to move on.

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 07:24 AM
You are a HEAT hater, the faster you come to grips with it the faster the rest of PSD can start ignoring your questions.

Shut up lol go get some *****

Davidgta1
06-22-2012, 07:24 AM
There were some bad calls but that went both ways OKC got some bs calls an Mia got some bs calls.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Shut up lol go get some *****

go get a ring HA!

Melo has nooo ring :)

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 07:37 AM
go get a ring HA!

Melo has nooo ring :)

No he doesn't. Omg im gonna cry

Glen20
06-22-2012, 07:40 AM
No he doesn't. Omg im gonna cry

the nuggets will win one before he does :D
oh but that's right, you hopped off that bandwagon a long time ago ;)

gwrighter
06-22-2012, 07:47 AM

The Ref was just appreciating the work being put in by the coach. They watch game tape too.

BDawk4Prez
06-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Calls were definitely more one sided in the series. It is what it is.

ghettosean
06-22-2012, 08:03 AM
I think the thunder should have swept to be honest but that might just be might with the final seconds in game 2 (when all eyes are on the ball and the 2 superstars on both teams) and KD gets fouled 2 times and doesn't get the call. Also in game 4 when Westbrook has 43 points most of them in the paint and he only gets 3 foul calls???

There was a lot of one sided calls in this series... I can say with certainty that Miami won game 5 but in my opinion it should have never have come to a game 5.

I feel bad for KD and OKC I think they got robbed big time!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Don't think the refs could do much about Westbrook's foul, Westbrook's horrible shooting nights, Harden's overall disappearance, lacklusted FT shooting and all the other things that went wrong with the Thunder.

Those are the things that kept the Thunder from winning some games.

Bucsfan40
06-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Who cares who won...great job by lebron and company...but basketball isnt even relivent anymore...its some bad times in the nba world ( not talking about the heat)

SteBO
06-22-2012, 08:23 AM
I think the thunder should have swept to be honest but that might just be might with the final seconds in game 2 (when all eyes are on the ball and the 2 superstars on both teams) and KD gets fouled 2 times and doesn't get the call. Also in game 4 when Westbrook has 43 points most of them in the paint and he only gets 3 foul calls???

There was a lot of one sided calls in this series... I can say with certainty that Miami won game 5 but in my opinion it should have never have come to a game 5.

:sigh: First off, Durant should've fouled out in that Game 2. I agree that Westbrook should've gotten a few more calls in Game 4, but I can say that about any player in any given game. I don't quite remember Game 3 all that well, but I do know that Miami shot the extremely poorly in that game, and still won. The Thunder went 13-22 from the FT line that game as well I believe. You already admitted that Miami legitimately won game 5 (whatever that means), so that leaves you with the result you have today.

The officiating these entire playoffs have been ****. That goes for every team.

NickyNick
06-22-2012, 08:34 AM
They had more favorable calls in the Boston series than this one

NYMetropolitans
06-22-2012, 08:37 AM
haha at Heat fans letting out their frustration over "haters". Go cry over your Larry O' Brien trophy...you really persevered.

Bruno
06-22-2012, 08:41 AM
i thought this series was officiated very poorly.

with that being said, i feel like both teams got shafted at different times. i think it balanced out, but it's still extremely frustrating to watch.

this was the first series in the playoffs where James Harden didn't receive the benefit of the doubt, this was the first series he wasn't 'protected' for lack of a better word. give the miami defense credit for stepping in and taking countless charges on Harden and Durant.

mjm07
06-22-2012, 08:52 AM
No. Refs were horrific this entire postseason.

HEAT ARE CHAMPIONS!!!

/thread

RowBTrice
06-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Yep. The refs basically gave us the finals. You happy man? We cheated and this title should have a * next to it. Lebron got lucky that David Stern sucked all the ref's dicks. He is still an arrogant d-bag. Plus, one title is practically no titles. The king with only one ring. What a joke of a player he is and for that matter, a person too.

You used a * because you can't spell asterisk, huh? lol

strokeman
06-22-2012, 09:00 AM

i'm 50/50, my team got knocked out by OKC and i give them their props but they were robbed in the finals! if you wtched gm2-gm4 you would see. i didnt watch game 5 because it was so obvious what was going on.
well that being said, the NFL starts in about 4 months! thats a real sport and i hope the NBA don't crash like the stock market for insider trading!:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-22-2012, 09:11 AM
now I'm finally sure its rigged

Heatcheck
06-22-2012, 09:13 AM
one of the most skeptical playoffs...just like the horrible all star game that was completely scripted from start to finish..

waaah your cry baby ***. enjoy another 10 yrs of irrelevance.

brod82
06-22-2012, 09:37 AM
I showed this video to my manager and he told me that during or after the game that the ref was telling Spo to get back off the court. He said it was also mentioned that if thats the case why didnt Joey Crawford do it in game 4 as Westbrook attempted a game tying 3. To me its suspect either way because if its a high five,then its doesnt look right at all. And if its the case where hes informing Spo to get off the court then it shows how inconsistant the officiating is,especially happening right in the middle of a play in clear view of Crawford.

kingjaymes23
06-22-2012, 09:42 AM
As for you, kiss my ***

To the mods of this site......How in the world is this statement above and this thread in general not considered baiting, but when I made a thread telling people to stop crying about the refs, it got locked down because of "baiting?"

kingjaymes23
06-22-2012, 09:49 AM

Most of Westbrooks points were in the paint? That's funny because I remember him taking a lot of jump shots to score those points. The Thunder lost these games, not the refs. The Thunder continued to throw the ball away time and time again and make dumb mental mistakes in the 4th quarter of games. Sorry but I have a hard time listening to anybody blame the refs when it was so obvious that the Thunder shot themselves in the foot so many times this series.

BK-TY
06-22-2012, 09:50 AM
The refs help EVERY team that has EVER won a championship in the history of the game. Fact is good teams EARN favorable calls. deal with it then get over it!!

gotoHcarolina52
06-22-2012, 09:54 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/3518g9c.jpg

new york blue
06-22-2012, 09:54 AM
If you think the argument is stupid, and any argument that suggests that NBA would screw with a business that grosses $4 billion a year is stupid, why pollute the forum?

kingjaymes23
06-22-2012, 09:55 AM
i'm 50/50, my team got knocked out by OKC and i give them their props but they were robbed in the finals! if you wtched gm2-gm4 you would see. i didnt watch game 5 because it was so obvious what was going on.
well that being said, the NFL starts in about 4 months! thats a real sport and i hope the NBA don't crash like the stock market for insider trading!:facepalm:

A couple things here......you are essentially saying that the NBA rigged the playoffs for LeBron to win. Yet he won in 5 games, giving the NBA less money in advertising and air time since they lost 2 games from the series. Never mind the fact that the NBA ratings next year would have actually been better if the Heat LOST, as the "when will LeBron win a ring?" discussion would continue on.

On another note, the Thunder lost those games and if you want me to go through each one and tell you why and which posessions cost them and caused them to lose that game then I will. I'm not a Heat fan, but listening to people whine about the refs is so old

IndyRealist
06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
That's not a high 5, that's the ref telling Spo to get off the ****ing court. Plenty of bad calls went Miami's way all postseason, but I atttribute that to bad officiating more than malicious officiating.

basketfan4life
06-22-2012, 10:01 AM
ok boys. Everybody and their dogs know, referees gave the benefit of the doubt to heat almost every time. 50-50 calls all went their way. End of game 2 non call was suspicious. Some call that rigged, some don't. I call it's not rigged but refs favored the heat more than the OKC. That is for sure.

basketfan4life
06-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Most of Westbrooks points were in the paint? That's funny because I remember him taking a lot of jump shots to score those points. The Thunder lost these games, not the refs. The Thunder continued to throw the ball away time and time again and make dumb mental mistakes in the 4th quarter of games. Sorry but I have a hard time listening to anybody blame the refs when it was so obvious that the Thunder shot themselves in the foot so many times this series.

a team can do that and still win by a single point, especially when the other team shooting outside the paint historically bad.

kingjaymes23
06-22-2012, 10:09 AM
a team can do that and still win by a single point, especially when the other team shooting outside the paint historically bad.

I already know then that you are one of those that credit this to the refs, not to OKC shooting themselves in the foot. Go back and look at the final posessions of each game, when they had to score the most. They turned the ball over, in Games 3 and 4 they fouled for absolutely no reason, or they took terrible shots/had the wrong person shooting. I am sorry but you can't win when in the final 4 minutes of the game you are doing everything you can to LOSE the game, not trying to win it

Yankees22
06-22-2012, 10:19 AM
first off, let me say that I have no doubt the Heat were the better team regardless. However, with that being said, there is no question the heat got the better end of the calls for whatever reason game after game. I know if I was a OKC fan, I would have been extremely upset about that. Hell, even as a basketball fan it was disappointing to watch. Even if the calls were more balanced, this series would have been done in 6

SportsNY
06-22-2012, 10:21 AM
The Heat outplayed the Thunder, but with a little help from the referees.

basketfan4life
06-22-2012, 10:35 AM
I already know then that you are one of those that credit this to the refs, not to OKC shooting themselves in the foot. Go back and look at the final posessions of each game, when they had to score the most. They turned the ball over, in Games 3 and 4 they fouled for absolutely no reason, or they took terrible shots/had the wrong person shooting. I am sorry but you can't win when in the final 4 minutes of the game you are doing everything you can to LOSE the game, not trying to win it

Dude, i know that they made all those wrong decisions. I'm not saying it's rigged at all. But when you mention game 3 late close situation, you have to know that that game came that close when OKC had 13 point lead and refs gave durant an incredible 4th foul and send him to the bench(And they didn't call a foul on bron at the end of game 2, which was an obvious foul). Miami could have come back anyways but we don't know.
All i say is refs favored miami more than their opponent all playoffs, i'm sure you know that too. It's not necesserily rigging. Also they favored OKC more than their opponents till they met the heat.

Arch Stanton
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Of course, but they still would've beat the Thunder.

chotito

Yes, but you know what really helped LeBron growing up in Game 6 versus Boston and moving from there.

Pistol_Pete
OKC made a lot of mistakes, and the Heat definitely outplayed them a lot of the time, especially in game five. But yes, I think the officiating was a bit off in this series. In game 2, the goal tending call against OKC really hurt them. And then in the same game, the no call on LeBron against Durant during his final shot definitely hurt, although it can be argued that that was or wasn't a foul.

Either way, due to how close the previous games were, poor officiating definitely gave a tilt.

Sly Guy
06-22-2012, 11:10 AM
yeah, but it didn't change the outcome. There were some flat out B/S calls last night.

Muttman73
06-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Of course they did, the NBA is crooked...we all know this.

No big shocker, Heat win ... it's over

twin4life
06-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Westbrook sure did help Miami

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:28 AM
OKC made a lot of mistakes, and the Heat definitely outplayed them a lot of the time, especially in game five. But yes, I think the officiating was a bit off in this series. In game 2, the goal tending call against OKC really hurt them. And then in the same game, the no call on LeBron against Durant during his final shot definitely hurt, although it can be argued that that was or wasn't a foul.

Either way, due to how close the previous games were, poor officiating definitely gave a tilt.

LeBron fouled Durant on the drive and then fouled Westbrook on the failed rebound / put back. He was so out of position on that play and the REFs bailed him out TWICE. The technicals he has drawn on the opposing team that were not during the playoffs I though also made a big difference. I get the complaints, but he showed up when it mattered and that fact can not be lost on anyone.

Should could would ... lots of IFs anyway. Thing is if the Thunder were Championship material they would have fought through it. Instead they got soft and folded.

Heat 2012 NBA Champions.

knicks4life33
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
they did get alot of favorable and game changing calls i will not lie but congratulations

lakersiznumber1
06-22-2012, 11:50 AM
yea they did but miami was the better team. i knew mia would win but the finals was a let down. i thought okc would of took it to a game 6 or 7. This finals did not live up to expectations

chotito
06-22-2012, 11:53 AM
they did get alot of favorable and game changing calls i will not lie but congratulations

None bigger than the two blown calls Game 2 at the end.

OKC wins Game 2 ... I think we are talking 3-2 right now going back to OKC only one win from it.

I thought that game was the turning point. Battier hitting bank shot 3 from half court ...... it just all went our way.

mark1125
06-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Were the calls going in Miami's favor in most cases? Yes

However, I feel Miami was clearly the better team and would have won regardless.

lakers24win
06-22-2012, 12:11 PM
The heats needed the refs and it was clear since game 2 if lebrons no call against durant at the end of the game

hugepatsfan
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Lebron is always going to get the benefit of the doubt on close calls (i.e. every borderline charge is a block, no fighting for position fouls, etc.). But the FTs he gets are 95% of the time the right call.

kingjaymes23
06-22-2012, 12:28 PM
The heats needed the refs and it was clear since game 2 if lebrons no call against durant at the end of the game

The Heat did not need the refs. They needed the Thunder to make the mental mistakes at crucial points in the game, and guess what? The Thunder took care of that for the Heat.

torocan
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Game 1 OKC got more calls
Games 3 and especially game 2 and 4 Miami got more calls.
Game 5 was pretty fairly officiated. Miami just couldn't miss and OKC couldn't hit sink their shots.

In the end, doesn't matter now. All we have is woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Green_Monster
06-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes. They would send Wade and Lebron to the line every time they drove to the hoop, foul or not. But they wouldn't call anything for the Thunder.

Heat fans won't admit it, but the refs did help. The Heat wouldn't have got pass the Celtics either, maybe Stern will fix flopping during the offseason.

That video is fishy.

alistar
06-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes. They would send Wade and Lebron to the line every time they drove to the hoop, foul or not. But they wouldn't call anything for the Thunder.

Heat fans won't admit it, but the refs did help. The Heat wouldn't have got pass the Celtics either, maybe Stern will fix flopping during the offseason.

That video is fishy.

And when did the Thunder actually start attacking the hoop as much as the Heat did? Game 5, which is when they started getting more calls. Even when westbrook dropped over 40, he wasn't even driving, he was just pulling up for the short jumpers which you aren't going to get many fouls called for.

But I'll agree there were some questionable calls or no calls(ie last shot by durant in game 2 and derek fisher's flagrant)

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Trollface_HD.png/618px-Trollface_HD.png

Lakerfan In NY
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
And when did the Thunder actually start attacking the hoop as much as the Heat did? Game 5, which is when they started getting more calls. Even when westbrook dropped over 40, he wasn't even driving, he was just pulling up for the short jumpers which you aren't going to get many fouls called for.

But I'll agree there were some questionable calls or no calls(ie last shot by durant in game 2 and derek fisher's flagrant)

He took 19 shots as lay-ups but went to the line 3 times..All in the 4th.. On mistake alone due to (as they said about the no call in game two) "ref being out of position" he should have gotten to the line more than 3 times. Not to mention these charges. So how you can make the claim that they shot jumpers when it seeem like half of their fouls were from charges...Which that rule need to be address. It's not a player control foul in the NBA w/ the continuation rule. Too many time the OKC players were in the air going to the basket & Battier slide beneath them. It's another version of the NBA flop...

ChicagoJ
06-22-2012, 03:09 PM
The officiating was very bad at times. The heat were the better team in the end so the best team won imo. I don't think the thunder would have ever had an answer for LeBron penetrating the paint and the 3 pt shooting of the heat. But, there probably should have been a game 6. There were calls in game 4 that went Miami's way and were just laughable.

knickfan33
06-22-2012, 04:19 PM
all a matter of perspective.

yeah like whether your a heat fan vs. anyone else who watched the playoffs...lol

never heard as much complaining about refs i have this year,(even the announcers are ripping the refs during the game) NBA is gonna crumble if they dont fix this game.

MSG was playing an old knicks/bulls PO game yesterday, it was the first time i've seen basketball in a long time... i feel bad for kids who grow up watching this and thinking its basketball

fin_frenzy_84
06-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah I do think alot of calls favored the heat but I dont think it would of made a differencs in the finals. As for the ECF though those calls did make a difference

fin_frenzy_84
06-22-2012, 04:35 PM
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Trollface_HD.png/618px-Trollface_HD.png
Be happy with two championshis. I am certainly happy with 6!!!! The 7 is coming soon!

koreancabbage
06-22-2012, 04:39 PM
sure why not, calls are not going to be 50/50 all the way.

but was it the main reason? hell no, OKC had an opportunity in games 2-4 to win but people who are blaming the refs wholeheartedly did not watch the last 5 minutes of each game.

OKC failed so hard in executing. on any play. turning balls over, shooting ill advised and rushed shots, poor decision making, missing free throws. And its not excuse to say that they totally got smashed in game 5- lost by 15 points and 3-5 minutes of scrubs playing was definitely not an excuse of blaming the refs, whom also gave them a huge free throw advantage in the first half, and was still losing.

ironkobe
06-22-2012, 04:41 PM
yes

bucketss
06-22-2012, 04:43 PM

That video is fishy.

if the refs called the celtics series fairly miami would have won in 5

DeyAce
06-22-2012, 04:53 PM
The flagrant on fisher was one of the worst calls i've ever seen

rhino17
06-22-2012, 05:01 PM
clearly

Dade County
06-22-2012, 05:02 PM

That video is fishy.

smh... You fell for it.

NBA = Entertainment

The script called for Boston to push the HEAT to 7, & thats what happened. But you actually think... whatever.

I wonder what's in the script for next season.

Green_Monster
06-22-2012, 05:06 PM
if the refs called the celtics series fairly miami would have won in 5

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

smh... You fell for it.

NBA = Entertainment

The script called for Boston to push the HEAT to 7, & thats what happened. But you actually think... whatever.

I wonder what's in the script for next season.

As you can see, I said "Heat fans won't admit it". You just proved me right.

The 4 techs against Boston is that one game were fair, right? :facepalm:

By the way, nice join dates, both of you.

fin_frenzy_84
06-22-2012, 05:21 PM
No matter what though the heat won... They wont win next year though... Rose and Howard being hurt gave them a pretty easy path to the finals and they wont get the calls like they did this year in the playoffs. Stern wont let it happen because his rep.

Dade County
06-22-2012, 05:36 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

As you can see, I said "Heat fans won't admit it". You just proved me right.

The 4 techs against Boston is that one game were fair, right? :facepalm:

By the way, nice join dates, both of you.

Thank You :D I heard from a friend that people on this site was talking crap about the HEAT, so I had to signup.

Once again thank you :clap:

ThunderZubb
06-22-2012, 06:07 PM
You wonder fans hate Miami HEAT TEAM AND IT'S FANS BECAUSE STUPID THREADS LIKE THIS COMPARING LEBRON TO MICHAEL JORDAN OR SAYING LEBRON WILL BE THE BEST PLAYER ALL TIME IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS GIMMIE ME A BREAK SERIOUSLY. IT IS MOSTLY MIAMI HEAT FANS WHO ARE 16 Years old or younger. HAHA WHAT A JOKE HAVE YOU JOBBERS WATCHED MICHAEL JORDAN PLAY AGAINST THE BAD BOYS IN HIS PRIME. YOU KNOW HOW HE GOT HIT BADLY BY BAD BOYS PISTONS TRUST ME DEREK FISHER FOUL WAS NOT A FRAGANT AND I AM TELLING LEBRON WOULD NOT SURVIVE IN THE 90 ERA. CHARLIE OAKLEY, DENNIS RODMAN, BILL LIAMBEER, ANTHONY MASON AND ETC WOULD OF ATE LEBRON ALIVE PLUS HE HAS NO ****ING HEART.

LEBRON CANNOT HOLD MICHAEL JORDAN JOCKSTRAP

KingPosey
06-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Just my opinion, but the series wasn't really close enough for the officiating to play a huge factor. It's not like every one of these games was decided by three points or less. When that happens officiating and free throws matters a lot more. Then again, that's just my personal opinion.

Every single one of those games was extremely close up till the last minute of the game, except game 5. WTF were you watching?

amos1er
06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Here is my breakdown:

Game 1: Called fairly

Game 2: Called fairly for the most part. Maybe only slightly more calls for the Heat, but the last no-call on Lebron was complete BS and could have very well cost OKC the game. Also, I will add that OKC played like crap in the first quarter and foolishly let Battier hit 3 after wide open 3. OKC did not capitalize on their home court enough...don't think they quite realized how badly the league wanted and needed for Lebron to finally get a ring. This was surely due to their youth and lack of experience.

Game 3: Where do I begin...Completely called in Miami's favor. Miami got at least 90% of every 50/50 call by my estimation.

Game 4: Calls were in Miami's favor once again, not as bad as game 3, but Westbrook got completely boned by the refs. Lebron and Wade got every 50/50 call while Westbrook only had 2 whistles on very obvious fouls (3 FT attempts) even though he took practically double the amount of shoot attempts of Wade and Lebron individually, he got about 1/3 of the calls. He got one "and 1" within five feet and a two shot foul on a jumper 15 feet from the rim. I've pointed out the fact that he did attack the rack and didn't settle for jumpers through a shot chart in a previous thread of mine. Don't feel like doing it again. At least 11 of his attempts came from less than 5 feet of the rim for all you Heat fans who will say that he took only jumpers...which is always you're excuse BTW, never once admitting that Lebron and Wade get the benefit of the doubt from the refs more than any other player in the league. Obviously, they are two of the top 5 players in the league and all, but they do get more help than anyone else not name Durant...except for in the finals of course when he matches up with Lebron and Wade.

Game 5: Hard to say what the call situation was as OKC got blown out of the building by their own merit.

Consensus: Miami definitely got the better end of the calls department. I don't think anyone including Miami fans can argue that. To what degree did it make a difference? Hard to tell. After Miami stole game 2, the 2,3,2 finals format surely favored them. I think that OKC was the better team in both the regular and postseason, but did choke in the finals.

OKC is young and it was expected that they wouldn't be able to beat a team like Miami when its all on the line. Regular season...sure. Semi-final match up...sure. But finals, their youth and in-experience showed big time. Did the fact that the refs favored Miami have anything to do with their mental meltdowns? Definitely. To what degree? Hard to say, but adjusting to bad calls is something that they clearly had problems with and something that a veteran squad like Dallas or San Antonio would have been able to have more poise through.

The fact that bad calls took OKC out of the game mentally just goes to show that OKC was not ready to win it all yet. Another year or 2 and some more bench help, and they get it done for sure. It really worked out in the Heats favor that they got to play OKC instead of San Antonio. Very fortunate for the Heat and for David Stern.

dunkin
06-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Here is my breakdown:

Game 2: Called fairly for the most part. Maybe only slightly more calls for the Heat, but the last no-call on Lebron was complete BS and could have very well cost OKC the game. Also, I will add that OKC played like crap in the first quarter and foolishly let Battier hit 3 after wide open 3. OKC did not capitalize on their home court enough...don't think they quite realized how badly the league wanted and needed for Lebron to finally get a ring. This was surely due to their youth and lack of experience.

Game 3: Where do I begin...Completely called in Miami's favor. Miami got at least 90% of every 50/50 call by my estimation.

Game 4: Calls were in Miami's favor once again, not as bad as game 3, but Westbrook got completely boned by the refs. Lebron and Wade got every 50/50 call while Westbrook only had 2 whistles on very obvious fouls (3 FT attempts) even though he took practically double the amount of shoot attempts of Wade and Lebron individually, he got about 1/3 of the calls. He got one "and 1" within five feet and a two shot foul on a jumper 15 feet from the rim. I've pointed out the fact that he did attack the rack and didn't settle for jumpers through a shot chart in a previous thread of mine. Don't feel like doing it again. At least 11 of his attempts came from less than 5 feet of the rim for all you Heat fans who will say that he took only jumpers...which is always you're excuse BTW, never once admitting that Lebron and Wade get the benefit of the doubt from the refs more than any other player in the league. Obviously, they are two of the top 5 players in the league and all, but they do get more help than anyone else not name Durant...except for in the finals of course when he matches up with Lebron and Wade.

Game 5: Hard to say what the call situation was as OKC got blown out of the building by their own merit.

Consensus: Miami definitely got the better end of the calls department. I don't think anyone including Miami fans can argue that. To what degree did it make a difference? Hard to tell. After Miami stole game 2, the 2,3,2 finals format surely favored them. I think that OKC was the better team in both the regular and postseason, but did choke in the finals.

OKC is young and it was expected that they wouldn't be able to beat a team like Miami when its all on the line. Regular season...sure. Semi-final match up...sure. But finals, their youth and in-experience showed big time. Did the fact that the refs favored Miami have anything to do with their mental meltdowns? Definitely. To what degree? Hard to say, but adjusting to bad calls is something that they clearly had problems with and something that a veteran squad like Dallas or San Antonio would have been able to have more poise through.

The fact that bad calls took OKC out of the game mentally just goes to show that OKC was not ready to win it all yet. Another year or 2 and some more bench help, and they get it done for sure. It really worked out in the Heats favor that they got to play OKC instead of San Antonio. Very fortunate for the Heat and for David Stern.[/QUOTE]

But i thought everyone said they were better before the series. And in every area. hate on...

amos1er
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Here is my breakdown:

The fact that bad calls took OKC out of the game mentally just goes to show that OKC was not ready to win it all yet. Another year or 2 and some more bench help, and they get it done for sure. It really worked out in the Heats favor that they got to play OKC instead of San Antonio. Very fortunate for the Heat and for David Stern.

But i thought everyone said they were better before the series. And in every area. hate on...[/QUOTE]

Obviously you didn't bother to read the entire paragraph and only highlighted the part of the sentence that you handpicked. :rolleyes:

shizzle09
06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
:rolleyes:

nastynice
06-22-2012, 08:12 PM
yea, heat got all the close calls. But then again, its basketball, you just have to accept that a good amount of the calls are gonna be garbage. You could probably say the same about almost every team thats won

smith&wesson
06-22-2012, 08:19 PM
no. okc just found out that kd needs to work on his man on man D.

Sssmush
06-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Dude, i know that they made all those wrong decisions. I'm not saying it's rigged at all. But when you mention game 3 late close situation, you have to know that that game came that close when OKC had 13 point lead and refs gave durant an incredible 4th foul and send him to the bench(And they didn't call a foul on bron at the end of game 2, which was an obvious foul). Miami could have come back anyways but we don't know.
All i say is refs favored miami more than their opponent all playoffs, i'm sure you know that too. It's not necesserily rigging. Also they favored OKC more than their opponents till they met the heat.

Yeah.... the OKC is just a kind of wildcard unpredictable team.

In games 2, 3 and 4, if there aren't some very Miami calls in the last 2-3 minutes, then you could easily have a situation where Durant has the ball in his hands, score tied or down one, with 20 seconds left in the game.

Miami was fortunate to avoid those situations, and always had the 2 points + possession buffer. For instance, in game 2 Durant had the chance to tie, but only to tie, not to win, so Miami was never in that much danger of going down 2-0, or losing the first game in Miami and going down 2-1, either of which would have DRASTICALLY altered the complexion of the series.

So... things worked out for Miami, for whatever reason. Give them credit though, they hit a ton of 3's and made some great plays.

Ty Fast
06-25-2012, 07:24 PM
new york fans are idiots

Dade County
06-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Miami has 3 players that can get to the line 10 times or more each game... What do you think the foul disparity supposed to look like on a night to night basses???????????

Remember how much times Wade/Lbj/bosh got to the line when they didn't play together; so it kills me when posters/fans say look Miami went to the line 35times and my team only went to the line 25times; you are lucky that it is even that close.

The ref's do make super star calls (Kobe/Jordan...etc), but they also let things slip by too; or fans would really go crazy.

BcEuAbRsS
06-25-2012, 07:39 PM
This is stupid... Miami was clearly better than the Thunder... Thunder showed their age...

bucketss
06-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Here is my breakdown:

oh look only game called fairly was the one Miami lost i wasnt expecting that cool dude!!

No matter what though the heat won... They wont win next year though... Rose and Howard being hurt gave them a pretty easy path to the finals and they wont get the calls like they did this year in the playoffs. Stern wont let it happen because his rep.

ok i get rose, but why do people keep bringing up howard? even with howard orlando were not a threat and would probably lose to indiana in the first round.

tmacsc2
06-25-2012, 07:43 PM
It's sketchy business. Obviously. Spo was off the floor at that moment he might have been at half court tho and I dunno the rules with the coaches and where they can go. But the heat squashed the thunder so it's always gonna be one of those "well wait look at this video" video.

downsos
06-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes.

ryang
06-25-2012, 07:56 PM
http://youtu.be/ST2yXNHYKAc

mamba24
06-25-2012, 08:07 PM

As a knicks fan who are you to say anything was scripted or fixed?? the only reason the knicks have been relevant at all in the last 30 yrs is cuz stern gifted the knicks patrick ewing lol...

bucketss
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m605e4FeZ71rzowuko1_500.jpg

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-26-2012, 02:57 AM
anyone that says yes is delusional.

sorry.

3ballbomber
06-26-2012, 03:09 AM
This seems to be the trend on most forums boards:

- Miami Heat/Lebron fans think the officiating in the finals was even in regards to bad calls for each team. Apart from that they had no complaints.

- Everybody else thinks the officiating clearly favored Miami w/ alot of ticky tacky fouls being called on OKC, especially Durant.

Some Lebron/Miami critics may have been a convert after his first ring. But it seems the majority still cannot justify changing their initial thoughts about Lebron/Miami just because of one ring.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-26-2012, 03:12 AM
dont be silly.

'everybody else'? i think u mean miami heat haters.

every NEUTRAL fan or person, congratulated the Miami Heat and called out all the heat haters.

its really not that hard to comprehend.

3ballbomber
06-26-2012, 03:20 AM
'everybody else'? i think u mean miami heat haters.

Grow up, seriously :facepalm:

I bet if somebody did a poll on every forum board on wether the officiating favored Miami or not a majority vote winner would be that the officiating was bias to Miami Heat.

TylerSL
06-26-2012, 03:26 AM
DID you guys ever watch OKC execute in the last two minutes of any game in this series?
or too blinded by that one ref's call in the 4 to 8 minutes left timeframe in the 4th quarter?

is that Bosh in your sig? lol

TylerSL
06-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Grow up, seriously :facepalm:

I bet if somebody did a poll on every forum board on wether the officiating favored Miami or not a majority vote winner would be that the officiating was bias to Miami Heat.

Miami won, regardless of what you say it wont change that Miami won, so crying is pointless....

JJ_JKidd
06-26-2012, 05:09 AM

Everyone gets help from the refs so whats the fuzzzzz? Its the NBA man

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-26-2012, 05:29 AM
honestly leave it to a bulls fan to whine.

pathetic fans.

JC_
06-26-2012, 05:37 AM
This seems to be the trend on most forums boards:

- Miami Heat/Lebron fans think the officiating in the finals was even in regards to bad calls for each team. Apart from that they had no complaints.

- Everybody else thinks the officiating clearly favored Miami w/ alot of ticky tacky fouls being called on OKC, especially Durant.
Some Lebron/Miami critics may have been a convert after his first ring. But it seems the majority still cannot justify changing their initial thoughts about Lebron/Miami just because of one ring.

Durant's defense is crap at times. Mario Chalmers commits the same kind of dumb fouls too occassionally. Paul Pierce was the worst for it though.. dude would reach in at the dumbest times, usually when Lebron was driving at full speed.

mark1125
06-26-2012, 07:11 AM
How is this thread still going? Series is over. Move on. Calls were bad in favor of the Heat, but they were still the better team. Case closed.