PDA

View Full Version : So, the Heat's bench isn't good?

NYSpirit1
06-22-2012, 12:16 AM
They were awesome in the Finals, they looked like one of the best benches in the NBA.

I can't believe at one point, people making excuses for LeBron that the bench wasn't good.

It really all came together at the end. Mike Miller did exactly what he was signed to do, so did Shane Battier and Mario Chalmers played like the PG they needed.

This bench was actually very good.

Swashcuff
06-22-2012, 12:21 AM
They were awesome in the Finals, they looked like one of the best benches in the NBA.

I can't believe at one point, people making excuses for LeBron that the bench wasn't good.

It really all came together at the end. Mike Miller did exactly what he was signed to do, so did Shane Battier and Mario Chalmers played like the PG they needed.

:confused:

Mario Chalmers and Battier were starters. You are such a horrible poster.

MadBomber
06-22-2012, 12:25 AM
The bench was brilliant today, the scoring was balanced and Lebron had a Magic type of game getting people good looks.

king4day
06-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Ask the Heat if they'd take most benches in the league over theres. I doubt they'd wish to keep most of their guys. Haslem and Chalmers are their best players. Battier had his worst year and Miller is always injured. They had a good series. Doesn't make up for the season.

ManRam
06-22-2012, 12:28 AM
I was wrong about a lot of things.

I thought the Thunder were the better TEAM...because they DID have more depth and they DID have more size. They still do.

The Heat bench players just stepped up. I think a lot of us overlooked the defensive end too. Those Heat guys sell out on every play. They play hard.

All they got out of the bench the first 4 games was one good game from one of them. Battier in the first 3 games, Chalmers in game 4. That's all they need: one more guy. That's what they got.

But yes. OKC was deeper and they were bigger...and that's why I thought they'd win.

Their size wasn't at all an asset.

The heat defense was.

jetsfan28
06-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Miller and Cole got hot at the right time, just like plenty of benches we've seen before this year. Doesn't really change the overall quality of the bench. And they only went three deep at most on the bench, which is why they got in some trouble when Bosh was hurt.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 12:33 AM
they all played out of their minds

beasted86
06-22-2012, 12:34 AM
I think the problem is other benches are overrated.

For example.... sure, the Thunder are a deeper team, but people actually said the Thunder have a good bench. Like who? Aside from Harden.... Collison is a Udonis Haslem clone. Then when you get past Harden and Collison, their bench has nobody worth mentioning with Maynor injured. Knicks supposedly had a good bench this season with JR Smith and Novak.

What I've learned is a "good bench" is usually 1 or possibly 2 players. That's it. Most fans don't know what they are talking about.

CHANGO
06-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Defense wins championships! That's all...

All the talk about no matter who wins in the West, they will be champions, Miami just havent faced a team like OKC, they are deeper and better attacking.

Tonight the best TEAM won!

Last year the best TEAM won.

TEAM WINS CHampionships!

ATX
06-22-2012, 12:36 AM
I'd love to be lazy and have someone post me some bench stats, thank you. I want to see the regular season, post season, and finals. Would be an interesting figure. Point is though, that throughout these playoffs a number of Heat role players really came through big time. Big ups to them!!

eibbor
06-22-2012, 12:37 AM
The almost only played their starters. Their bench was absolutely terrible

Their defense though, wow

Evolution23
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM
I was wrong about a lot of things.

I thought the Thunder were the better TEAM...because they DID have more depth and they DID have more size. They still do.

The Heat bench players just stepped up. I think a lot of us overlooked the defensive end too. Those Heat guys sell out on every play. They play hard.

All they got out of the bench the first 4 games was one good game from one of them. Battier in the first 3 games, Chalmers in game 4. That's all they need: one more guy. That's what they got.

But yes. OKC was deeper and they were bigger...and that's why I thought they'd win.

Their size wasn't at all an asset.

The heat defense was.

Yeah I felt the same way.

Gibby
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM
just because they had a good series. did you see miller, battier (his d was still good) play durngthe season. these just hot at the right time. plus one of the best passers will make an averge bench look great.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2012, 12:41 AM
I mean, the Heat bench finally stepped up and provided a great boost. But if you think players 4-15 on the Heat are a legit supporting cast over the course of 82+playoffs, not sure how to tell you that you are insanely wrong.

koreancabbage
06-22-2012, 12:42 AM
na, they still suck

Sadds The Gr8
06-22-2012, 12:44 AM
:confused:

Mario Chalmers and Battier were starters. You are such a horrible poster.

lmao

Yanks All Day
06-22-2012, 12:51 AM
It's not that the Heat's bench was not good. It was that they were underperforming. Tonight, we saw what they were SUPPOSED to do. Now, if this team stays together and performs like THAT, then we will be talking about Not 5, Not 6, Not 7...

GoneGuru
06-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Ask the Heat if they'd take most benches in the league over theres. I doubt they'd wish to keep most of their guys. Haslem and Chalmers are their best players. Battier had his worst year and Miller is always injured. They had a good series. Doesn't make up for the season.

nah, our bench is good, its not always about points and %.

I mean phoenix back in the day had the best point guard and the best bench in the league with tremendous numbers....and where did that get phoenix? and dont bring up the series against san antonio, guys were losing that anyway.

I'll take the heat's bench any time... thanks.

Kyben36
06-22-2012, 12:54 AM
shooting 3s doesnt make you a good bench, they still cant defend worth a damn or create their own shot.

IIISSKiLL
06-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Mike Miller came to play tonight before he gets dropped next season.. Besides him Norris Cole showed up I think ? That's all I saw from the bench.. Rio, Battier were starters idk how you say Miamis bench is good because Miller got hot for ONE game

Fnom11
06-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Miller and Cole stepped their shlt up. Proud of Cole. OP doesn't even know the difference between starters and bench players.

naps
06-22-2012, 01:29 AM

What?? Since when Chalmers and Battier were bench players? They have been starters throughout the playoffs. Can you name a consistent bench player for the Heat in these playoffs? You can't because there's none. Miami's starters all stepped up. Battier was the x-factor in these finals. Miami's bench just got bailed out by the starters. Millers scored his first points in these finals tonight, Cole scored first points in game 4. No one can create or defend to save his life from the bench. Probably, the most non-producing bench in championship history. Try again.

Oh a serious question:

Whose the worst thread starter in PSD history? NYSpirit1 or JasonJonHorn? Hmmm....pretty tough to decide. Heavyweight battle :facepalm:

iFYouSeekAmy
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Is the OP gonna contribute to his/her thread? This poster never posts anything after the initial post.

SteBO
06-22-2012, 01:59 AM
I would trade our bench for OKC's right now, especially if Eric Maynor is healthy......

sunsfan88
06-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Does anybody know how many charges Battier drew in this series?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Is the OP gonna contribute to his/her thread? This poster never posts anything after the initial post.

haha this

he's such a troll

Bruno
06-22-2012, 07:28 AM
the heat role players (4-15) played huge in the finals. when it mattered most, on the biggest stage. they had at least one guy step up big in four out of five games in the finals. the role players hit the threes necessary to give the big three space in the paint- which allowed them to be more efficient.

Game one:
Batter- 17 points, 4/6 from three.

Game two:
Batter- 17 points, 5/7 from three.

Game four:
Chalmers- 25 points 9/15 FG's.

Game five:
Miller- 23 points, 7/8 from three.

The Miami role players proved to be amongst the best in the league during the 2012 finals. the focus should be role players, rather than bench specifically. The big three were great, but they got some help from their friends when they needed it.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-22-2012, 07:44 AM
They were certainly the deeper team this series