PDA

View Full Version : For All The People That Say Durant Is Not Aggressive..

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 07:56 PM
He has outscored Lebron in the finals. Impressive for a 23 year old going up against the best player in the NBA and the best defense in the nba

2012 NBA Finals

LeBron VS Durant
28.6 PPG 30.6 PPG
1.6 STL 1.4 STL
0.4 BLK 1.0 BLK
7.4 AST 2.2 AST
10.2 REB 6.0 REB

.472 FG% .548 FG%
.188 3P% .394 3P%
.826 FT% .839 FT%

Give Durant credit. He was impressive. If westbrook was not the super ballhog he is, Durant would have dominated even more. It is like westbrook purposely avoids him at times.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 07:57 PM
He has outscored Lebron in the finals. Impressive for a 23 year old going up against the best player in the NBA

And LeBron has a high efficency rating, rebounds, assists, and has been more consistent in the 4th.

Oh did I mention his team is up 3-1

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 07:59 PM
And LeBron has a high efficency rating, rebounds, assists, and has been more consistent in the 4th.

Oh did I mention his team is up 3-1

you must admit that a 23 year old kid in his first nba finals outscoring lebron james in his third nba finals is pretty impressive.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:01 PM
you must admit that a 23 year old kid in his first nba finals outscoring lebron james in his third nba finals is pretty impressive.

Nope not at all. Especially since the game is about more than points. As a team player he has been less than stellar and even OKC fans aren't happy about his 4th quarter performance and his rebounding this Finals.

stawka
06-21-2012, 08:03 PM
That's all Durant is though, a gunner. He brings nothing else to the table, what do you expect? LeBron to outscore/outrebound/outassist/outblock/outsteal him and every other opposition because he's the best player in the world?

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Nope not at all. Especially since the game is about more than points. As a team player he has been less than stellar and even OKC fans aren't happy about his 4th quarter performance and his rebounding this Finals.

his first two he was averaging 17...the third and fourth he was averaging 5.... He is averaging 11 points in the 4th.... so yeah that is pretty impressive going against the best defense team in the nba

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:06 PM
his first two he was averaging 17...the third and fourth he was averaging 5.... He is averaging 11 points in the 4th.... so yeah that is pretty impressive going against the best defense team in the nba

How about his last two games where Wade wasn't guarding him in the 4th and it was Battier and LeBron. How has he faired. Once again I will take the more complete player in all facets of the game over the scorer.

LOOTERX9
06-21-2012, 08:08 PM
well when you play with a chucking pg in westbrook and other players like fisher trying to be heroes in the 4th it takes away from your aggressiveness and durant has no type of rythym.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:12 PM
well when you play with a chucking pg in westbrook and other players like fisher trying to be heroes in the 4th it takes away from your aggressiveness and durant has no type of rythym.

I guess you watch ESPN and you didn't watch Durant get ball denied for 10/12 mintutes. Westbrook had to shoot because Durant wasn't an option. Also Westbrook kept in both games 3 and 4. But I guess you failed to watch game 3's 3rd quarter when Durant did nothing to bring his team back and Westbrook kept chipping away at the defecit. And then I guess you failed to watch game 4 when westbrook shot 62% for 43 points.

Yeah Westbrook has taken some bad shots, but he is not the reason Durant has been invisible in the last 2 4th quarters. You can thank the King for that.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
06-21-2012, 08:16 PM
He's basically a jump shooter, comes off screens; shoots. Not strong enough to drive against lebron

ManRam
06-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Durant is aggressive...his game just isn't always tailored to "get the ball, and make things happen". He loves playing off the ball, more than any other super star wing player, and sometimes that limits his touches. No star player in the NBA requires being set up more than he does. He LeBrons, Wades, Bryants, Roses etc. are great at getting the ball and attacking. KD can do it, but his game is more catch and shoot and working off the ball.

Not even just that though. His rebounding has been really poor this series. He doesn't seem to be flying around the court making plays happen. So if that's where you're coming from, than maybe. But still...I don't think it's a fair assessment.

It will be the criticism he gets, if he gets any. I think he was close to making people believe that he was an elite defender...but I think after this series that won't be the case. Those two things will be what I imagine many pundits point to...fair or not.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Durant is aggressive...his game just isn't always tailored to "get the ball, and make things happen". He loves playing off the ball, more than any other super star wing player, and sometimes that limits his touches.

Not even just that though. His rebounding has been really poor this series. He doesn't seem to be flying around the court making plays happen. So if that's where you're coming from, than maybe. But still...I don't think it's a fair assessment.

It will be the criticism he gets, if he gets any. I think he was close to making people believe that he was an elite defender...but I think after this series that won't be the case. Those two things will be what I imagine many pundits point to...fair or not.

Seeing that everyone agrees that his points don't mean anything and this is an obvious bait thread and this is the 3rd bait thread he started in an hour, maybe he should have the night off.

bucketss
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
best scorer in the league kids a beast at such a young age

ManRam
06-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Seeing that everyone agrees that his points don't mean anything and this is an obvious bait thread and this is the 3rd bait thread he started in an hour, maybe he should have the night off.

I don't know. Some weird threads, for sure. But at the very least stay on topic or just report it.

I've heard PLENTY of people talking about this. I think it will become a relevant topic. I don't think his reasoning is sound at all...but the broader picture I think will become another silly and stupid narrative (I hope the stupidest narrative of all dies tonight).

MiamiWadeCounty
06-21-2012, 08:23 PM
KD is a better scorer than Lebron, no doubt about it.

JLynn943
06-21-2012, 08:24 PM
:shrug: He did it in the regular season, too.

They have different roles in their offenses (other than both being relied on for scoring, for example: LeBron is a primary ball-handler and distributor), so it's really not a surprise.

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 08:29 PM

No it is not. Because I am impressed that a kid outscored the Best player in the world that happens to have the best Defense team on the world is very impressive.

I am just bringing exposure to the fact.

Also, that many are saying durant is not playing good and is not scoring good is not true... people just want more from him

Durant also has an OUTSTANDING FG percentage. Even lebron fans must admit thats impressive

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:31 PM
No it is not. Because I am impressed that a kid outscored the Best player in the world that happens to have the best Defense team on the world is very impressive.

I am just bringing exposure to the fact.

Also, that many are saying durant is not playing good and is not scoring good is not true... people just want more from him

Durant also has an OUTSTANDING FG percentage. Even lebron fans must admit thats impressive

People are expecting more in the 4th from him. He has been invisible in the
4th the last two games because Battier and LeBron are denying him the ball.

Thus Westbrook and Harden are shooting more. People are saying he needs to be more agressive to get to his spots and get open, since he does shoot a high % from those areas. He is also being less than stellar on the boards for a guy who has a 7'4 wingspan.

No one is denying his scoring ability. They are saying he has played subpar in the 4th and has failed to get open consistently the last 2 games.

sunsfan88
06-21-2012, 08:38 PM
. Because I am impressed that a kid outscored the Best player in the world that happens to have the best Defense team on the world is very impressive.

First of all, Kevin Durant is not a "kid" He's at least 21, I'm pretty sure.

Secondly, LeBron is the best player in the world but that doesn't mean LeBron is the best scorer in the world. I'm sure LeBron is killing Durant in rebounds, assists, blocks, steals etc while not being behind in scoring by a lot.

LOOTERX9
06-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I guess you watch ESPN and you didn't watch Durant get ball denied for 10/12 mintutes. Westbrook had to shoot because Durant wasn't an option. Also Westbrook kept in both games 3 and 4. But I guess you failed to watch game 3's 3rd quarter when Durant did nothing to bring his team back and Westbrook kept chipping away at the defecit. And then I guess you failed to watch game 4 when westbrook shot 62% for 43 points.

Yeah Westbrook has taken some bad shots, but he is not the reason Durant has been invisible in the last 2 4th quarters. You can thank the King for that.

Umm westbrook is too impatient. He see's durant but if he's not open right away he just takes off. He plays too fast and it kills durants flow. it really does

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Also Durant has scored 121 points in the series and LeBron has scored 117. So 4 more points, watch out world.

LeBron on the other hand is:
+21 on Rebounds
+16 on Assists

So yeah while he has scored more points. To compare him to LeBron is asinine.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Umm westbrook is too impatient. He see's durant but if he's not open right away he just takes off. He plays too fast and it kills durants flow. it really does

Seeing that there is a shotclock and Westbrook continues to go to Durants side when bringing the ball up the court this statement is false. Nice try though.

Durant sets a high screen but fails to get free coming off of it. Hard to pass to someone getting denied like I said.

ManRam
06-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Also Durant has scored 121 points in the series and LeBron has scored 117. So 4 more points, watch out world.

LeBron on the other hand is:
+21 on Rebounds
+16 on Assists

So yeah while he has scored more points. To compare him to LeBron is asinine.

Points isn't what will and has slowly started to craft the perception that KD isn't aggressive. That's the last thing. His demanding of the ball, his rebounding, his defense, and his hustle on every play is what will. I don't think he's not aggressive, but in this series that's what people might see and think this...and his scoring doesn't change that.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Points isn't what will and has slowly started to craft the perception that KD isn't aggressive. That's the last thing. His demanding of the ball, his rebounding, his defense, and his hustle on every play is what will. I don't think he's not aggressive, but in this series that's what people might see and think this...and his scoring doesn't change that.

That is what I am trying to point out. He fails to create his own shots. He has very little post game, and when he does get the ball in the high post he takes highly contested jump shots. Rarely does he put the ball on the floor and drive.

lakersfan01
06-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Durant is a *****. 5.0 4th-qtr ppg in the last two games. He looks like Lamar Kartrashian out there LOL!!! And Westbrook... no brains, Harden... rotfl!!!

lakersfan01
06-21-2012, 08:56 PM
King James is getting a ring and carried his team all throughout the season and playoffs. He is by far the best player in the NBA. Period.

sunsfan88
06-21-2012, 08:58 PM
King James getting a ring and carried his team all throughout the season and playoffs. He is by far the best player in the NBA. Period.

You just earned my respect....also the first Laker fan to do so :clap:

JerseyPalahniuk
06-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Well, when you've led the league in scoring 3 years in a row I would expect so.
I don't think anyone denies that Durant is a better scorer than Lebron. Lebron's offensive game has matured to becoming a facilitator and score when needed. It has become much easier to "shut down" Durant as a complete offensive player because 8/10 times he gets the ball he will most likely be scoring in some way while Lebron is much more likely to distribute so you have to watch the passing lanes more.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-21-2012, 09:03 PM
He conserves his energy like he's some old guy who's been playing in the league for 16 yrs or something. That's what so frustrating about him.

GoPacers33
06-21-2012, 09:03 PM
so this is how the NBA season has gone according to dumbass fans

preseason- oh this season will decide who the best player in the league is will it be durant or lebron

season- lebron has great stats but he cant win blah blah blah and durant is amazing and unguardable he is going to be the next jordan

first 3 rounds of the playoffs- durant is so clutch, no one can guard him, lebron is still doing good but he is so unclutch

finals- LEBRON is ****ing god he is the greatest of all time, durant sucks all he can do is score

thats how stupid nba fans think :D

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-21-2012, 09:04 PM
You just earned my respect....also the first Laker fan to do so :clap:

He's not really a LeBron James supporter, he just really hates Kobe Bryant.

eibbor
06-21-2012, 09:07 PM

Your English teacher should be beaten and then fired. lol Holy ****!

Anyways, I see what you are trying to say and I agree. Perception goes a long way, especially when Westbrook is playing so well and your team is playing against such a great defense.

majmarcus
06-21-2012, 09:51 PM
The analyzing of sports today & the players who play is beyond sickening.

Can ANYONE please tell me why Durant being 23yrs old is such a big damm deal? I mean seriously. Why do people keep mentioning that as if he's a baby? Im not exactly certain how long he's been in the league. But I know he's been around long enough to be held accountable.

"Its so impressive & he's only 23!" It was the same crap with Lebron. Oh, but he's only 21, he's only 22, he's only 23, he's only 24, etc...."Well Lebron has as many rings as Jordan did at this age(27-28). You guys coddle these players, slap bibs on em, give em warm milk, & look for any excuse to OVERHYPE them or give them a pass. Pretty soon we're guna hear "Well he's only 34yrs of age."

Gimme a break! You look for things to pick on with Kobe & he accomplished way more than these guys BEFORE he was 23. U come with that same tired arguement "But he had Shaq!" As if Kobe didnt carry those Lakers teams on MANY NIGHTS. While Durant wait for the rock I mean, wait for Westbrook to let him play with the ball too. Kobe was taking it!

Forreal come off of it folks. You guys are Excuse & Loophole city. It takes very little if anything at all for a player to be considered an "All time great". Stat happy Box Score stalkers who has selective amnesia & insist on elevating a player to GOAT status after he makes a few baskets.
I can swear Durant was being called the best player in the game after OKC won game 1. Now, that too has changed since theyve dropped the last 3 & could get eliminated tonight. Talk about prisoners of the moment, sheesh!!!

heyman321
06-21-2012, 10:19 PM
he's a better shooter, cause that's all he does LOL. Lebron is a walking triple double that plays good defense. Durant can't even rebound well when he's not playing scrub teams.

NBAFan2012
06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
So... if this would be Lebron James everyone would say it was his teammates. Why isnt this the case for Kevin Durant?

I am ready for the internet to explode once Lebron James win the title
I will start it off.

"Is Lebron James the best player in the history of Basketball?"

(even though he cant shoot)

NBAFan2012
06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
By the way, Let the Kevin durant hate begin. amazing. Kevin Durant being hated on?
WOAH. I would have never seen the day.

MetroMan
06-22-2012, 10:15 PM
2012 NBA Finals

LeBron VS Durant
28.6 PPG 30.6 PPG
1.6 STL 1.4 STL
0.4 BLK 1.0 BLK
7.4 AST 2.2 AST
10.2 REB 6.0 REB

.472 FG% .548 FG%
.188 3P% .394 3P%
.826 FT% .839 FT%

Give Durant credit. He was impressive. If westbrook was not the super ballhog he is, Durant would have dominated even more. It is like westbrook purposely avoids him at times.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:50 PM
give durant credit. he is going to be one of the most complete and prolific scorers in the history of the league.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 10:50 PM
By the way, Let the Kevin durant hate begin. amazing. Kevin Durant being hated on?
WOAH. I would have never seen the day.

there's nothing to hate...
we can criticize though, but i will always (most likely) love him

willabeast77
06-22-2012, 11:20 PM
The analyzing of sports today & the players who play is beyond sickening.

Can ANYONE please tell me why Durant being 23yrs old is such a big damm deal? I mean seriously. Why do people keep mentioning that as if he's a baby? Im not exactly certain how long he's been in the league. But I know he's been around long enough to be held accountable.

"Its so impressive & he's only 23!" It was the same crap with Lebron. Oh, but he's only 21, he's only 22, he's only 23, he's only 24, etc...."Well Lebron has as many rings as Jordan did at this age(27-28). You guys coddle these players, slap bibs on em, give em warm milk, & look for any excuse to OVERHYPE them or give them a pass. Pretty soon we're guna hear "Well he's only 34yrs of age."

Gimme a break! You look for things to pick on with Kobe & he accomplished way more than these guys BEFORE he was 23. U come with that same tired arguement "But he had Shaq!" As if Kobe didnt carry those Lakers teams on MANY NIGHTS. While Durant wait for the rock I mean, wait for Westbrook to let him play with the ball too. Kobe was taking it!

Forreal come off of it folks. You guys are Excuse & Loophole city. It takes very little if anything at all for a player to be considered an "All time great". Stat happy Box Score stalkers who has selective amnesia & insist on elevating a player to GOAT status after he makes a few baskets.
I can swear Durant was being called the best player in the game after OKC won game 1. Now, that too has changed since theyve dropped the last 3 & could get eliminated tonight. Talk about prisoners of the moment, sheesh!!!

You're right with this. Durant doing what he has accomplished at his age is impressive but there becomes a point when it gets way too repetitive with the information. The ESPN analysts and especially Mike Breen constantly brings up his age during games and tries to hold it to more justification to make it sound far more impressive. It does gets annoying when he constantly mentions about Durant "he's only 23!". He says it as if he's a rookie or sophomore. He bring up his age but they don't always mention that he's in his 5th season- pretty much a veteran. Him along with other ESPN analysts and other networks have done the same thing with LeBron and Kobe.

LJEATON26
06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Lucky for the Thunder Durant has the drive to keep getting better every year. Hopefully he learns a lot during the Olympics.

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:27 PM
He conserves his energy like he's some old guy who's been playing in the league for 16 yrs or something. That's what so frustrating about him.

he's too...nice
i want him to demand that ball, nay rip it out, from westbrook

MetroMan
06-22-2012, 11:29 PM
he's too...nice
i want him to demand that ball, nay rip it out, from westbrook

Actually on many occasions I seen Durant slapping his hands together for the ball. Westbrook always looks at him and runs straight to the free throw line and chucks a shot

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Actually on many occasions I seen Durant slapping his hands together for the ball. Westbrook always looks at him and runs straight to the free throw line and chucks a shot

did you see that instance at the end of the first half yesterday?
he literally got his hands out with 10 seconds left and westbrook is just looking at him and dribbling

MetroMan
06-22-2012, 11:38 PM
did you see that instance at the end of the first half yesterday?
he literally got his hands out with 10 seconds left and westbrook is just looking at him and dribbling

yes I did. Westbrook is a SG not a PG

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:40 PM
yes I did. Westbrook is a SG not a PG

he's one hell of a scorer ill give him that

rickshaw
06-22-2012, 11:57 PM
The leagues leading scorer was the leading scorer in the finals.

The league MVP was finals MVP.

Thread-worthy stuff right here.