PDA

View Full Version : Shane Battier Disses Grant Hill In A Condescending Way

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 06:59 PM
TrueHoop Henry Abbott
Shane Battier on Finals: "As long as I can do something Grant Hill didn't do, call it a day. That's my idol. That's who I grew up watching."

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 07:00 PM
:facepalm: you make the worst threads, how about watching the video, you are so wrong

ManRam
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
TrueHoop Henry Abbott
Shane Battier on Finals: "As long as I can do something Grant Hill didn't do, call it a day. That's my idol. That's who I grew up watching."

I think that's just a back-handed compliment...

Heat2012Champs
06-21-2012, 07:02 PM
TrueHoop Henry Abbott

Shane Battier is one of the most intelligent, respectful guys in the league. Clearly too intelligent for you to comprehend what he was saying.

Cal827
06-21-2012, 07:03 PM
:laugh: anything to try and attack a Heat player reputation.

How is this bad really? You don't think Kobe wanted to do things that MJ didn't to? or Lebron? or Scalabraine?

I'm sure Ray Allen or Tim Duncan didn't watch guys like Reggie Miller/Charles Barkley and say: Oh I want to just shoot the ball and not win any NBA titles.

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 07:04 PM
:facepalm: you make the worst threads, how about watching the video, you are so wrong

what video? my fault man I was too busy working, than going over my girls house for some fun. my bad, I forget how much free time people have such as yourself. sorry bro, wont happen again

310Casper
06-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Battier was referring to being one of the leagues best floppers with that comment. Almost makes ginobli look innocent.

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Shane Battier is one of the most intelligent, respectful guys in the league. Clearly too intelligent for you to comprehend what he was saying.

I am out of context, I only seen the tweet. to say I am un-intelligent is laughable. you do not know me and how many degrees I actually have. I see the quote for what it is. And it is like he is saying hey I got a ring and grant dont....but he is what I wanted to be but Im better.

Sssmush
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
To me, both those guys are like different versions of Carlton Banks on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I think they should just share a bottle of sweet Port wine together and then suck each others ****s. And I mean that in a good way, not to be disparaging.

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
umm thats not a diss at all

Cal827
06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
To me, both those guys are like different versions of Carlton Banks on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I think they should just share a bottle of sweet Port wine together and then suck each others ****s. And I mean that in a good way, not to be disparaging.

:laugh:

Sssmush
06-21-2012, 07:13 PM
umm thats not a diss at all

I know. Grant Hill is very sophisticated, and in his prime was incredible. Some of his games from the 90's were awesome.

Battier... eh. Not so much. It's just funny that they snipe at each other because in some ways they are exactly the same guy, except that Hill was vastly more talented.

sunsfan88
06-21-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't think anyone can diss Grant Hill. Guy is the most classiest guy in the NBA. Maybe the most classiest of this decade.

Shane Battier is too smart to try something on Grant.

Just another Laker fan hating on Miami cause they can't stand LeBron holding up the trophy tonight while Kobe is at home watching.

/thread

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Hill>>Battier.

ManRam
06-21-2012, 07:20 PM
He's saying that whenever you can do something better than your IDOL, you're doing something great.

Not a diss at all. Not even back-handed like I thought. Sure, he's mentioning grant never won a ring...but that's not what this quote is about.

bucketss
06-21-2012, 07:20 PM
what video? my fault man I was too busy working, than going over my girls house for some fun. my bad, I forget how much free time people have such as yourself. sorry bro, wont happen again

LOL! look that this guy this is classical man, this is the most common internet diss, trying to let everyone know how busy of a man you are also trying to show off to us you have a girl? i doubt it or else you wouldn't have mentioned it:facepalm:

DaSeba5
06-21-2012, 07:30 PM
That wasn't a diss at all. :shrug::punish:

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 07:32 PM
LOL! look that this guy this is classical man, this is the most common internet diss, trying to let everyone know how busy of a man you are also trying to show off to us you have a girl? i doubt it or else you wouldn't have mentioned it:facepalm:

by girl he means his hand

bucketss
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM

http://memeblender.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/forever-alone-guy-meme-broken-hand.jpg

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 07:53 PM

says the kid who makes 42 posts per day on PSD

ChitownBears22
says the kid who makes 42 posts per day on PSD

http://www.starfall.com/

eibbor

hahahaha. Very nice.

I don't think it was a diss at all. Just a compliment taken wrong.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 07:56 PM
looks like only one person in this thread thought it was a diss:eyebrow:

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Based on Metroman's followup post. It is safe to say he can't read.

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 07:57 PM
looks like only one person in this thread thought it was a diss:eyebrow:

I guess no one knows what condescending means.... not my fault

MetroMan
06-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Based on Metroman's followup post. It is safe to say he can't read.

I was referring to his constant internet usage.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 07:58 PM
I guess no one knows what condescending means.... not my fault

I think you are failing to understand what it means based on your reaction vs. everyone elses.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 07:59 PM
I was referring to his constant internet usage.

I was talking about you Scott Brooks post. You know the one where you think he has given up even though he was using a common sports analogy "winning one game at a time".

blastmasta26
06-21-2012, 08:07 PM

First of all, "diss in a condescending way" is redundant. Second of all, don't make a thread with a lack of context and then try to say you have no free time. Either do it right or don't do it in the first place. That is all.

dnewguy
06-21-2012, 08:15 PM
A lot of people are getting banned tonight.

Piercefan34
06-21-2012, 08:17 PM
im sorry battier is not one of the most intelligent respectful guys in the league lol

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 08:18 PM
im sorry battier is not one of the most intelligent respectful guys in the league lol

not sure if serious

Piercefan34
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
not sure if serious

oh 100% serious. dudes turned into quite the actress imo i can't respect someone who dives to this extent and i highly doubt many players would disagree with me.

ChitownBears22
not sure if serious

I think his opinion of Battier is based of the name on the front of his jersey.

Another worthwhile post by another worthwhile contributer to this site.

JLynn943
You don't even need context to understand that this quote isn't condescending or a diss. It's pretty obvious that he idolizes Grant Hill and thinks it's great that he may be able to do something even his idol didn't do (as in, he thinks Grant Hill was so great that Hill not winning it speaks to how difficult it is to win a title). Thus, it is a compliment. The OP is either a moron or just trying to start trouble where there is none. I vote both.

ChitownBears22
oh 100% serious. dudes turned into quite the actress imo i can't respect someone who dives to this extent and i highly doubt many players would disagree with me.

What are your thoughts on Paul Pierce wheel chair boy?

Piercefan34
06-21-2012, 08:23 PM

all right guy lol if someone is in their first finals appearance of their career, you honestly think he'd have himself carried off the court if he was faking? if you honestly believe that then youre flat out stupid. what possible way could he have benefitted from that? enlighten me

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 08:23 PM

was just going to ask that :laugh2:

Piercefan34
06-21-2012, 08:24 PM
I think his opinion of Battier is based of the name on the front of his jersey.

Another worthwhile post by another worthwhile contributer to this site.

least i have a life outside of the internet mr. 2000 posts in less than one year alone lmao

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:24 PM
all right guy lol if someone is in their first finals appearance of their career, you honestly think he'd have himself carried off the court if he was faking? if you honestly believe that then youre flat out stupid. what possible way could he have benefitted from that? enlighten me

I have never seen a player in any sport taken out by wheel chair. Talk about melodramatic.

bucketss
06-21-2012, 08:25 PM

:laugh:

ManRam
06-21-2012, 08:25 PM
And another thread completely off-topic...

On to the next one, I guess :sigh: