PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom About to Reunite With The Clippers?

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
According to all of the gossip mags as well as a couple leaks yesterday the Clippers and Odom are talking and working on a deal. He's still under contract with the Mavs but apparently his agent is working with the Mavs on that. Sources have said Odom was seen having lunch twice with Vinny Del Negro this week.

“Lamar’s agent is in talks with the Clippers. He and Khloé are thrilled that he’ll be returning to the team and that they will get to stay in L.A. and be close to their families,” a source said.

“Lamar wants to return to Los Angeles and the Clippers want him. They just need to work out finances and contractual issues.”

Khloe wants to be near her own family when she and Lamar start their family and this new job for him will make that all happen so easily. She was happy to move to Dallas and would move anywhere for Lamar, but having him on a team in LA is a dream come true,” the source says.

Is the exact quote going around in these magazines. Discuss. I personally think if he can return to ANYWHERE near 2010 level he will be an amazing fit as first big off bench. When DJ is stinking it up he can start next to Griffin. He will be amazing running the break with Bledsoe. He claims he's truly better mentally but we'll see.

Federal Reserve
06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
I am happy the Knicks will not waste any money on this bum.

ChiSox219
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Would be a great pickup, LO, Billups, CP3, and Blake on the court together would be fun to watch

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Would be a great pickup, LO, Billups, CP3, and Blake on the court together would be fun to watch

Imagine an Eric Bledsoe, Lamar Odom led fastbreak? :clap:

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Im not a fan of Lamar anymore,he quit on the Mavs last year because he wanted to be in LA.Guy has no heart and doesn't deserve a dime from the Mavs because he never showed up to play hard for Dallas.

nicegoing
06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
I think his wife has him brainwashed, not sure this is a basketball decision, it's probably more a showbiz decision for their TV show.

mvb815
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
being a raptors fan i'm used to players not wanting to come play for your team after a trade, just leave him be. he wants to play in la, he got his wish, lets see his game talk

zB_#85
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I think his wife has him brainwashed, not sure this is a basketball decision, it's probably more a showbiz decision for their TV show.

TV show was cancelled. This was Lamar's choice and Khloe supported him on that I'm pretty sure.

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM

Imagine the passing. :drool:

GoPacers33
06-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Im not a fan of Lamar anymore,he quit on the Mavs last year because he wanted to be in LA.Guy has no heart and doesn't deserve a dime from the Mavs because he never showed up to play hard for Dallas.

Agreed

smith&wesson
06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
im suprised the lakers arent trying to get him back. they obviously need the help on the bench.

lamar can back up butler and be a 6th man. good pick up for the toe nail clipps.

Lakers + Giants
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Him backing up Blake. . . Damn, clippers are gonna be on OKC's level soon. . .

popo85
06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
100 player they acquire in less then a year.

SportsNY
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Seeing him back on the Clippers would be cool.

Method28
06-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Now all we need to do is re-sign Billups, Evans, Martin and Young plus add some more size and depth and we're good ;)

kdspurman
06-21-2012, 02:58 PM
im suprised the lakers arent trying to get him back. they obviously need the help on the bench.

lamar can back up butler and be a 6th man. good pick up for the toe nail clipps.

I think he'd have to wait till December to return to the Lakers

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 02:59 PM

How are they gonna resign Billups?

He doesn't have bird rights unless the arbitrator rules in their favor which is doubtful

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Now all we need to do is re-sign Billups, Evans, Martin and Young plus add some more size and depth and we're good ;)

The three bolded guys don't have bird rights and you are over the cap... how is that gonna happen :rolleyes:

stipe1280
06-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm hoping the Mavs deal him to Serbia. He gave up on Dallas, and as such, don't think he should be rewarded by getting to go where he wants.

KingPosey
06-21-2012, 03:04 PM
you guys are all assuming that he will play like he did 2 years ago. He has "slumped" or "quit" several times in his career.

Lord Leoshes
06-21-2012, 03:04 PM

This.

The man is (P) whooped. I think Chloe keeps him ball in her pears with her at all times. :facepalm:

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
The three bolded guys don't have bird rights and you are over the cap... how is that gonna happen :rolleyes:

How did so many teams get over the cap? :facepalm:. Figure it out champ. You CAN go over the cap to re-sign your own players you know? Evans is a minimum player. Nick Young can get 4.2 mill max. Billups will either need to take minimum, mini mid or walk.

Clippers will agree to verbal terms with Griffin for the 5 year deal, agree with Evans and Young... but wait to sign the actual contract until they find a SG and add somebody like Odom. That will make the finances work. Don't forget they can amnesty Gomes for 4+ mill cap clearance... and they are letting Foye+Kmart walk (Foye makes 4 mill, Kmart 2.5). That's 10.5 mill they can clear immediately. Clippers are actually in a great financial situation.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Clippers have a new owner?

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 03:10 PM
How did so many teams get over the cap? :facepalm:. Figure it out champ. You CAN go over the cap to re-sign your own players you know? Evans is a minimum player. Nick Young can get 4.2 mill max. Billups will either need to take minimum, mini mid or walk.

Clippers will agree to verbal terms with Griffin for the 5 year deal, agree with Evans and Young... but wait to sign the actual contract until they find a SG and add somebody like Odom. That will make the finances work. Don't forget they can amnesty Gomes for 4+ mill cap clearance... and they are letting Foye+Kmart walk (Foye makes 4 mill, Kmart 2.5). That's 10.5 mill they can clear immediately. Clippers are actually in a great financial situation.

wtf are you talking about... I know the cba frontwards and backwards. What you fail to understand is that you do not have bird rights to Billups/Young/Martin... those guys can only be signed to the vet min or the MLE... you ain't getting all of them...

as for your analysis on time of signings .. it proves one thing to me... you don't understand cap holds...

Clipper fans are so delusional

kenzo400
06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
He should just retire. That way he could get to stay in LA for as long as he wants. It's pretty obvious that he cannot stand playing anywhere else. But if he signs with the Clippers they could always trade him. Imagine if he gets traded to Minnesota, lol i think he would be twice as pissed as when he got traded to Dallas.

rickshaw
06-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Theyre at 57mill with 7 players signed. Billups, Young, KMart, and Odom not being any of them. Don't think they'e had the first 3 long enough to have Bird rights.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 03:16 PM
wtf are you talking about... I know the cba frontwards and backwards. What you fail to understand is that you do not have bird rights to Billups/Young/Martin... those guys can only be signed to the vet min or the MLE... you ain't getting all of them...

Clipper fans are so delusional

Clippers still have mini mid and full mid. Evans was already a minimum player and will return for minimum. K-mart is going to walk and the front office knows he's not a good fit going forward. That leaves Billups and Young. Billups will get mini mid, Young 4.2 mill of full mid. Don't forget though... the Clippers can easily clear 5-7 mill and sign a SG with the actual cap space they will have.

So if you know the CBA like the back of your hand... you better study the Clippers finances a little more before commenting. They have very good cap flexibility and as I said... would have no problem clearing cap. Clippers have the means to get a backup big and starting SG no problem.

What YOU fail to understand is how to read. I never said Kmart as well. Clippers only need to worry about Young really as he's the only one we REALLY want to keep. Evans will take minimum. Billups is 50/50 on as to whether or not team will bring him back (a lot riding on the court case and how much he'd cost). Kmart is GONE.

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Theyre at 57mill with 7 players signed. Billups, Young, KMart, and Odom not being any of them. Don't think they'e had the first 3 long enough to have Bird rights.

actually 9 guys at $59.2 if mo doesn't opt out... can't see that happening

players not in that 9

billups
martin
evans
Young
Foye

their problem is simple... mo williams needs to be moved and Caron's contract sucks... not to mention Jordan sucks as a player

Anyway,

they better win now or CP3 will be gone after next year...

what no one is talking about is how do they get lamar without absorbing his current salary? Dallas doesn't want contracts so it is kind of confusing...

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 03:30 PM
actually 9 guys at $59.2 if mo doesn't opt out... can't see that happening

players not in that 9

billups
martin
evans
Young
Foye

their problem is simple... mo williams needs to be moved and Caron's contract sucks... not to mention Jordan sucks as a player

Anyway,

they better win now or CP3 will be gone after next year...

what no one is talking about is how do they get lamar without absorbing his current salary? Dallas doesn't want contracts so it is kind of confusing...

Dallas is going to buy him out...

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Clippers still have mini mid and full mid. Evans was already a minimum player and will return for minimum. K-mart is going to walk and the front office knows he's not a good fit going forward. That leaves Billups and Young. Billups will get mini mid, Young 4.2 mill of full mid. Don't forget though... the Clippers can easily clear 5-7 mill and sign a SG with the actual cap space they will have.

So if you know the CBA like the back of your hand... you better study the Clippers finances a little more before commenting. They have very good cap flexibility and as I said... would have no problem clearing cap. Clippers have the means to get a backup big and starting SG no problem.

What YOU fail to understand is how to read. I never said Kmart as well. Clippers only need to worry about Young really as he's the only one we REALLY want to keep. Evans will take minimum. Billups is 50/50 on as to whether or not team will bring him back (a lot riding on the court case and how much he'd cost). Kmart is GONE.

explain to me how you are gonna clear 5-7 million in cap... amnesty gomes... thats $4 ... what else you gonna do? Trade Mo? cut the rookies? trade Caron? exactly how do you get to 5-7? :rolleyes:

As for the MLE... i didn't know that the clippers had some special arrangement with the NBA... you stated they have both the MLE and the Mini-Mle... obviously you don't know what you are talking about....

Again, the clippers have 5 major contributors from last year not under contract... i know i know... i am sure they aren't important :rolleyes:

Method28
06-21-2012, 03:33 PM
If okafor and ariza can be moved....so can mo williams at his salary. That would go a long way to clearing flexibility for the clips. I believe we still have our MLE...not sure if kmart got the mini or not.

Granted Clips cant really do anything DRASTIC...but they can make some additions

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM

then why would the clippers be talking to Dallas?

Again, the report makes no sense unless there was a trade involved... why would his agent be working with Dallas?

If he becomes a FA... is he gonna sign with the clipps for the minimum? :speechless:

Method28
06-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Anyone know if kmart got the mini mle?

That would suck as we wldnt have the mle any longer correct?

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
If okafor and ariza can be moved....so can mo williams at his salary. That would go a long way to clearing flexibility for the clips. I believe we still have our MLE...not sure if kmart got the mini or not.

Granted Clips cant really do anything DRASTIC...but they can make some additions

You get either the full mle or mini-mle every year...

so you will have one or the other...

I agree that mo would have to be moved but now you are talking about another major contributor from last year gone...

My point in all of this is that it isn't like the clipps are taking last years team and adding a couple of pieces... far from it

Method28
06-21-2012, 03:38 PM
@vinylman

Well wldnt his agent need to speak with Dallas in terms of the buyout?

As far a signing for the minimum....that's what I was thinking anyways. He didn't do ANYTHING to show.he's worth more than that last year. If.he wants to come back to LA then his options are the clips

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 03:40 PM
explain to me how you are gonna clear 5-7 million in cap... amnesty gomes... thats $4 ... what else you gonna do? Trade Mo? cut the rookies? trade Caron? exactly how do you get to 5-7? :rolleyes:

As for the MLE... i didn't know that the clippers had some special arrangement with the NBA... you stated they have both the MLE and the Mini-Mle... obviously you don't know what you are talking about....

Again, the clippers have 5 major contributors from last year not under contract... i know i know... i am sure they aren't important :rolleyes:

As I said... you're the one running with the idea that the Clippers will retain all of the players, not me. I personally think Young, Evans are the only returning players. Billups won't be ready till Jan/Feb and unless he takes minimum or mini mid... it's not worth it. Let's say Young takes 3.5 mill a year (he wants to stay on the team bad) and Billups takes about 2 mill... that's MLE covering both players. Then sign Evans for minimum. Prior to that amnesty Gomes and use 4-5 mill in cap to sign another SG like Allen.

Then the Clippers are going to be heavily shopping expiring 8.5 of Mo Williams. I'm not worried about the team and you sound like you're in serious denial. Probably another insecure Lakers fan.

Method28
06-21-2012, 03:42 PM
@vinylman

Ohh I see. Idk why.i was thinking of it as a one shot type of thing lol

No clips wont field the same team...but.there's room and opportunity for improvements. The right.choices just have to be made

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 03:43 PM
@vinylman

Well wldnt his agent need to speak with Dallas in terms of the buyout?

As far a signing for the minimum....that's what I was thinking anyways. He didn't do ANYTHING to show.he's worth more than that last year. If.he wants to come back to LA then his options are the clips

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. That is exactly why his agent would be talking to Dallas. Mark Cuban already made it clear Odom will never again wear a Mavs uniform.

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 03:51 PM
This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. That is exactly why his agent would be talking to Dallas. Mark Cuban already made it clear Odom will never again wear a Mavs uniform.

Again... you make yourself look stupid... Lamar has a BUILT IN buyout... there is no reason to be talking to Dallas about the buyout... it is already set and has no bearing on the clippers signing him via FA

Keep posting garbage and i will keep shooting you down

njnets
06-21-2012, 03:52 PM
some people in this thread have ZERO understanding about how the NBA salary cap works.

you can go over the cap with the MLE, but if you amnesty someone afterwards, the MLE still counts towards your cap.

also, the clips do not have bird rights on billups, which means they cannot go over the cap and resign their own player.

there are more things that i do not want to get into. why do people insist on talking out of their @$$. i really dont get it.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Again... you make yourself look stupid... Lamar has a BUILT IN buyout... there is no reason to be talking to Dallas about the buyout... it is already set and has no bearing on the clippers signing him via FA

Keep posting garbage and i will keep shooting you down

I just posted what the "source" said. I'm not present for these talks. It's probably a case of the media twisting the details which happens often. If he has a built in buyout... then that's even more reason for this to be a realistic situation. I'm going to go ahead and stick with NBA heads who specialize in cap like Larry Coon rather than some tool on PSD acting like a dick (you).

Reality is Clippers are in as good of a financial situation as any up and coming team in the NBA. Couple tweaks and they will be title contenders. They have the means to do the tweaking with trade assets, cap flexibility. So I don't appreciate your ignorance and negativity.

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
I just posted what the "source" said. I'm not present for these talks. It's probably a case of the media twisting the details which happens often. If he has a built in buyout... then that's even more reason for this to be a realistic situation. I'm going to go ahead and stick with NBA heads who specialize in cap like Larry Coon rather than some tool on PSD acting like a dick (you).

Reality is Clippers are in as good of a financial situation as any up and coming team in the NBA. Couple tweaks and they will be title contenders. They have the means to do the tweaking with trade assets, cap flexibility. So I don't appreciate your ignorance and negativity.

about what i expected in a comeback....

ZERO substance and a load of insults...

well done :clap:

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 03:58 PM
It's crazy how much negativity people have towards the Clippers now that everybody wants to come and play here now. People like the douchebag above are always talking about what's WRONG with the Clippers right now and how bad their situation is. Outside of OKC and Miami I don't know another team that has as much upside or ability to build a perennial title contender with the roster they have currently. Few tweaks and the Clippers can contend for the title for 10 years probably.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 04:01 PM
about what i expected in a comeback....

ZERO substance and a load of insults...

well done :clap:

I hope nobody ever pushes that stick further up your ***.... jeez. Seriously you came in here with crazy arrogance and rather than explaining things respectfully to where I'd admit my error.. you acted like a prick and that's what you got in return naturally. Substance is relevant.

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 04:02 PM
It's crazy how much negativity people have towards the Clippers now that everybody wants to come and play here now. People like the douchebag above are always talking about what's WRONG with the Clippers right now and how bad their situation is. Outside of OKC and Miami I don't know another team that has as much upside or ability to build a perennial title contender with the roster they have currently. Few tweaks and the Clippers can contend for the title for 10 years probably.

:facepalm:

yep... they are so awesome that olshey left....

LMFAO

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 04:03 PM
I hope nobody ever pushes that stick further up your ***.... jeez. Seriously you came in here with crazy arrogance and rather than explaining things respectfully to where I'd admit my error.. you acted like a prick and that's what you got in return naturally. Substance is relevant.

LMFAO

might want to reread your posts...

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 04:04 PM
:facepalm:

yep... they are so awesome that olshey left....

LMFAO

Exactly what I suspected. Your negativity and bitterness is coming through when you talk about the Clippers douche. As for Olshey.... he's been wanting Portland for 3 years now. It's the place he dreamed of having his family and he's interviewed in previous years... him leaving doesn't mean the team doesn't have big upside :facepalm:. Your post post has no... what did you call it? Oh yea... substance.

Gotta love Lakers fans on PSD...

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
LMFAO

might want to reread your posts...

My first post to you was that they COULD retain some of those players. The worst I said was "figure it out champ" in regards to making it work. Here is what you responded with.

"wtf are you talking about... I know the cba frontwards and backwards. What you fail to understand is that you do not have bird rights to Billups/Young/Martin... those guys can only be signed to the vet min or the MLE... you ain't getting all of them...

as for your analysis on time of signings .. it proves one thing to me... you don't understand cap holds...

Clipper fans are so delusional"

Anytime you make a personal and ignorant statement like this... you expose yourself. I knew right away from that point on you were a bitter Lakers fan. Bitter you didn't get CP3. Bitter that the Lakers are transitioning into rebuilding mode while the Clippers are just getting started.

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
My first post to you was that they COULD retain some of those players. The worst I said was "figure it out champ" in regards to making it work. Here is what you responded with.

"wtf are you talking about... I know the cba frontwards and backwards. What you fail to understand is that you do not have bird rights to Billups/Young/Martin... those guys can only be signed to the vet min or the MLE... you ain't getting all of them...

Clipper fans are so delusional"

Anytime you make a personal and ignorant statement like this... you expose yourself. I knew right away from that point on you were a bitter Lakers fan. Bitter you didn't get CP3. Bitter that the Lakers are transitioning into rebuilding mode while the Clippers are just getting started.

Another revisionist historian on PSD....

I wasn't even talking to you and you respond to my post with this

How did so many teams get over the cap? :facepalm: . Figure it out champ.

No worries... you proved yourself to be uninformed post after post so no need to continue...
'
i will just let your posts stand and let others enjoy the hilarity of your ignorance...

THE_LOGO
06-21-2012, 04:44 PM
clippersfan86, don't take it personally vinylman is an equal opportunity "douche" as you say. You should see him bash all the idiot Laker fans too. As for your team, I thought it was a mistake to tie up too much money on DJ but couldn't really blame your FO because that's the market price for mediocre big men. If you can get Lamar and he plays like two years ago, good for you. However, even with that, I highly doubt that your team is championship material...and yes, that's just MY opinion.

On another note, could you take your team to Anaheim where they should've moved in the first place and stop stinking up my Staples Center? Thanks. :up:

Clippersfan86
06-21-2012, 08:26 PM
clippersfan86, don't take it personally vinylman is an equal opportunity "douche" as you say. You should see him bash all the idiot Laker fans too. As for your team, I thought it was a mistake to tie up too much money on DJ but couldn't really blame your FO because that's the market price for mediocre big men. If you can get Lamar and he plays like two years ago, good for you. However, even with that, I highly doubt that your team is championship material...and yes, that's just MY opinion.

On another note, could you take your team to Anaheim where they should've moved in the first place and stop stinking up my Staples Center? Thanks. :up:

:p. I'd love for the Clippers to move to Anaheim. Have always wanted that :clap:. Oh okay so the guy isn't a Lakers fan..... yea I agree DJ was a bad signing but as you said it's market value for talented bigs and MAYBE... just MAYBE he will eventually be worth the contract this year or next.

KB24PG16
06-21-2012, 08:30 PM
i could see LO going there

beasted86
06-21-2012, 08:57 PM

This.

Clippers only have the $3M MLE and have a very small chance of winning a championship.

You either go for the money or you go for the championship when you are an older veteran like Odom. You don't screw yourself and go for neither.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
This.

Clippers only have the $3M MLE and have a very small chance of winning a championship.

You either go for the money or you go for the championship when you are an older veteran like Odom. You don't screw yourself and go for neither.

As of right now, they probably have a better chance of winning than my Lakers, who have no clue how to go forward with bad contracts, aging players, and wanna be franchise players. :pity:

StephenP
06-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I just don't see this happening.

The Mavs are not going to buy out LO. He has value in trades because of his buyout clause, and the Clips have nothing to offer that would be of any interest to Dallas. They don't even have a first round pick to sweeten a deal.

king4day
06-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Is Dallas officially going to cut him? Can't they still trade him?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-21-2012, 09:24 PM
I just don't see this happening.

The Mavs are not going to buy out LO. He has value in trades because of his buyout clause, and the Clips have nothing to offer that would be of any interest to Dallas. They don't even have a first round pick to sweeten a deal.

Mo Williams + Ryan Gomes for LO, seems pretty simple to me. :shrug:

StephenP
06-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Mo Williams + Ryan Gomes for LO, seems pretty simple to me. :shrug:

Salarywise it would be LO staight up for Mo Williams.

Since the Mavs are trying to sign Deron Williams, Mo Williams makes no sense for them. Too expensive to be a backup pg and we already have a younger cheaper undersized sg in Beaubois.

JeffG20
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Is Dallas officially going to cut him? Can't they still trade him?

who's giving anything up for him at this point?

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Anyone with a brain wouldn't because Dallas WILL buy him out.... odom only agreed to extend the deadline on his buyout in the hope that some team would be stupid enough to deal for him so he can make $8+ million next year.

Once bought out he won't get more than the mini-mle

StephenP
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Anybody looking to dump a little salary. Trade for his 8.2 mil then buy him out for 2.4 mil.

Vinylman
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Anybody looking to dump a little salary. Trade for his 8.2 mil then buy him out for 2.4 mil.

Problem with that is Dallas isn't looking to add salary...

ldawg
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
The Clippers are slowly turning into the better La team. One or two more years from Kobe and its Official. More popular and entertaining to, Blake and CP3 are bigger house hold names and will be more fun to watch. Lakers need to find a new young fresh franchise player.

StephenP
06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Problem with that is Dallas isn't looking to add salary...

For the right player or for a useful player with 1 more year on his contract they would. Any lost cap space can be recouped if they amnesty Haywood.

I was hoping before the deal with Washington, that Dallas would send LO and Vince Carter to NO for Okafor.

xabial
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
The Clippers are slowly turning into the better La team. One or two more years from Kobe and its Official. More popular and entertaining to, Blake and CP3 are bigger house hold names and will be more fun to watch. Lakers need to find a new young fresh franchise player.

They already have one. His name is Andrew Bynum. More entertaining too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GEbgtvOfr8) :D

Cracka2HI!
06-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Exactly what I suspected. Your negativity and bitterness is coming through when you talk about the Clippers douche. As for Olshey.... he's been wanting Portland for 3 years now. It's the place he dreamed of having his family and he's interviewed in previous years... him leaving doesn't mean the team doesn't have big upside :facepalm:. Your post post has no... what did you call it? Oh yea... substance.

Gotta love Lakers fans on PSD...
I have to admit you have grown on me. I still don't understand why you have never posted in the Clipper forum and always just thought of you as a troll. However you clearly got passion for the Clipps and I respect that. Hopefully you haven't been a fan since December, but like I said I've been in that Clipper forum for 6 years now and it wasn't always a ghost town like now...which is really ironic considering we are now good. I agree 100% with your comment about bitterness and negativity going towards our Clipps. It's Fn crazy. Last year we never mattered, this year we're the most b*tched about team in the NBA west of Miami.

As for your argument. I'm pretty sure you both aren't 100% correct, but it's really hard to say with CBA being so new. We have some exemptions on players that aren't necessarily Bird Rights. Nick Young is an example and I think the number you are using is correct for him. We can retain his rights, and sign him and use the MLE and mini MLE. Same with Foye. I'm not sure who else, but I think we can actually offer Reggie a small raise and not use any MLE or mini to sign him.

If you look at the fact we can bring back Young, Foye and let's say Reggie and still use the MLE and mini we have a chance to have a damn good offseason like you said. Signing; Odom, Allen and Billups is certainly possible IMO. We certainly have more flexibility than the other guy thinks. We can also move Mo(maybe he opts out) and amnesty Gomes which you also mentioned. However like the other guy mentioned it would only make sense to amnesty Gomes if we have cap space. If we are using the MLE we wouldn't get cap space by amnestying Gomes after the fact. So your facts may not have been 100% correct I'd have to give you the win because the other guy made it seem like we only have minimum contracts to give out and anyone that doesn't know that is an idiot. That is simply false. The team could easily look like this;

C Jordan/Reggie
PF Blake/Odom/Thompkins
SF Butler/Young/Foye
SG Allen/Bledsoe/Billups(when he's ready)
PG CP3/Mo/Bledsoe

Whether it's those players or not I think we will end up with a roster similar in quality to that...pretty damn good if you ask me!

kblo247
06-21-2012, 11:36 PM
We talking about the same Odom who said he would never work ffor Sterling again, and was fined for dunking on the Clippers and grabbing his nuts while looking at Sterling. That Odom? Lmao Phil would work there beforehand, and he has asked how people could even cash a check from Sterling without feeling dirtyn

kblo247
06-21-2012, 11:38 PM

This is true. The catch is he could and would be a Laker if he gets traded from Dallas to another team and they pay him that 2.4mil. He becomes free to sign with the Lakers on July 1 as said by Larry Coon under that scenario. The Lakers can offer him the mini MLE the and likely would as they could then flip Pau or Andrew since oth played better with Lamar than with one another

Cracka2HI!
06-22-2012, 12:48 AM
^^ Yea Yea we all know the Clippers have an owner with a horrible reputation. At the very least he is an awful human being. That doesn't mean he's not going to pay Griffin and Paul and whatever it takes to put the right pieces around them...without going into the luxury tax of course. It also doesn't mean the culture on the Clippers hasn't changed. Olshey leaving looks worse than it is. The team is still in really good shape.

I didn't even really comment on what the addition of Odom would mean to the Clippers in my 3 paragraph post LOL. He would be one of the top 5-10 guys we could add for what we need. I think he would rebound and honestly I really want him on the roster next season. He brings a lot of KMart did but a lot more of what we need on offense. If his heads right he's a better rebounder too. If the Clippers can keep Young, Reggie and Billups and sign Ray Allen and Odom they are in really good shape.

JasonJohnHorn
06-22-2012, 01:04 AM
I hope to see him return to form. He's a great player.

STL Don
06-22-2012, 01:08 AM
I think your going to see a much better and comfy result from Odom playing back in Los Angeles. Hopefully he can make an effort to stay away from off court distractions and get back to the basketball he's still capable of playing. I believe in the right situation in which he's found himself in, he's going to lock in once again and begin to perform back at the same level you saw back in 2010.
Lets see if he really has it in him.

IIISSKiLL
06-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Him backing up Blake. . . Damn, clippers are gonna be on OKC's level soon. . .

did you make a funny or are you being serious ?

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Cracka much respect and I see your POV for sure on the matter of CBA being so new and easy to screw up on for us discussing it. BTW I'd love to go to the Clippers forum more often.

Method28
06-22-2012, 01:25 AM
KMart did play some great D though.....which is not LO's selling point

kblo247
06-22-2012, 02:16 AM

Prker doesn't kill Paul as much with Odom. Odom was damn good covering pick and rolls, contesting shooters, and then getting back to the glass which is why he always finishes games with one of Pau or Andrew. Kenyon is a better straight up post defender, but Lamar could cover for you like he used to do for Fish

DaLakerz Rulz
06-22-2012, 03:06 AM

They are already more fun to watch :D The only thing exciting about the Lakers is Andrew Bynum. Never know what you are going to get from him. He finds new ways to troll on a daily basis. We are in for an interesting next couple of years with this guy.

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 03:53 AM

Kmart is a GREAT defender, poor scorer, poor rebounder, poor passer.

Odom is a good defender, good scorer, good rebounder and great passer.

Basically Kmart is indeed the better defender but Odom is a good defender as well as being better at literally EVERYTHING else. That is of course assuming he returns to anywhere near 2010 level.

Method28
06-22-2012, 06:23 AM
I agree with that I just feel that kmart could be more valuable as a great defending big. We have bledsoe as a great defender on the wing.but lets be honest...a good sized sf, pf or c could tear us apart. Kmart helped limit that. While LO is a decent defender....I dont feel hes a difference maker on D. Plus....this is assuming he would revert to his old self....if not....I dont want him lol

King41
06-22-2012, 10:07 AM
everyone can get LO kick his *** out of big D

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Clippers awarded the bird rights to Chauncey Billups. Now... they can go over cap to sign or match him! So just worry about Young... and sign Evans for minimum.

ChiSox219
06-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Clippers awarded the bird rights to Chauncey Billups. Now... they can go over cap to sign or match him! So just worry about Young... and sign Evans for minimum.

I cannot wait for Lob City seasons 2

Method28
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM

:dance:

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Rumors are that the Mavs and Clippers are discussing a Mo Williams for Odom+17th pick swap. Makes sense for both teams and it would explain why the Mavericks have allowed the Clippers to meet with Odom multiple times this week (not tampering with permission obviously).

Reason this is great for Mavs is they get a good, borderline all star caliber PG and a younger version of Jason Terry (whom is probably going to bail). They know how to use a player like Mo in Dallas where as he's being used improperly in LA.

Reason it's great for Clippers is they get the best backup big in the NBA when he's focused and mentally right AND they have a shot to get a high upside SG/SF that falls in draft to plug their SG hole. It will make it to where we can avoid going for Ray Allen etc and just re-sign Young and nab a SG in draft. Somebody like Terrance Ross. Odom is a big risk but 17 pick makes it worth it.

C_Mund
06-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Rumors are that the Mavs and Clippers are discussing a Mo Williams for Odom+17th pick swap. Makes sense for both teams and it would explain why the Mavericks have allowed the Clippers to meet with Odom multiple times this week (not tampering with permission obviously).

Reason this is great for Mavs is they get a good, borderline all star caliber PG and a younger version of Jason Terry (whom is probably going to bail). They know how to use a player like Mo in Dallas where as he's being used improperly in LA.

Reason it's great for Clippers is they get the best backup big in the NBA when he's focused and mentally right AND they have a shot to get a high upside SG/SF that falls in draft to plug their SG hole. It will make it to where we can avoid going for Ray Allen etc and just re-sign Young and nab a SG in draft. Somebody like Terrance Ross. Odom is a big risk but 17 pick makes it worth it.

I could see the Mavs going after Mo as well. They're one of the few teams that could use him as a replacement for Terry if they manage to scoop Williams, or they could play him as the starter if they lose out on the D-Will stakes and Kidd bolts. It could be a great safety net for them

gatkins11
06-22-2012, 04:46 PM

Source?

ChiSox219
06-22-2012, 05:13 PM
How are they gonna resign Billups?

He doesn't have bird rights unless the arbitrator rules in their favor which is doubtful

oops

Punk
06-22-2012, 05:34 PM
That would be a good deal for both teams although we really want Odom here in NY. For some reason, I believe the Clips will overtake the Lakers if they do no make a major move.

FaM0us Skins
06-22-2012, 05:35 PM
I think LO should sign with another team than the Clippers. They already have Kenyon Martin anyway

kylem4711
06-22-2012, 05:51 PM
I think LO should sign with another team than the Clippers. They already have Kenyon Martin anyway

the clippers don't have kenyon. he is a FA

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 07:37 PM
the clippers don't have kenyon. he is a FA

Who isn't returning. He had a couple defiant moments in the playoffs with coaches and likely doesn't want to return anyways. He made it clear that money+big minutes are more important to him than winning going forward.

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 07:40 PM
oops

:):clap:

Blitzbolt
06-22-2012, 07:44 PM
For the clippers the offseason is simple get a vet coach or CP3 will run the team to the grown taking Griffin with him.

meloman1592
06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
For the clippers the offseason is simple get a vet coach or CP3 will run the team to the grown taking Griffin with him.

Fail

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Fail

Apparently he doesn't know that Vinny's option got picked up for the year.

StephenP
06-22-2012, 08:24 PM

The Mavs would have to be insane to make this move. If any kind of trade between the Clips and Mavs go down there would have to be a third team involved.

They only place Mo would be a borderline all star caliber PG would be if he went back to the developmental league.

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 09:17 PM
The Mavs would have to be insane to make this move. If any kind of trade between the Clips and Mavs go down there would have to be a third team involved.

They only place Mo would be a borderline all star caliber PG would be if he went back to the developmental league.

He's a significant PG upgrade for Dallas as well as an 8.5 million dollar expiring which is HUGE for Dallas who has worked so hard this year to clear cap to not only avoid luxury tax penalties but to open up cap room for free agents.

IndyRealist
06-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Player tampering?

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Player tampering?

Only if Mavs didn't give him permission. I'm going to say they did if he met twice in public and they haven't said anything about it. Mavs are TRYING to shop Odom.

TheNumber37
06-22-2012, 09:59 PM
This would put them in the WCF IMO

StephenP
06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
He's a significant PG upgrade for Dallas as well as an 8.5 million dollar expiring which is HUGE for Dallas who has worked so hard this year to clear cap to not only avoid luxury tax penalties but to open up cap room for free agents.

Significant over what? Even taking Kidd out of the equation, Beaubois and Delonte West both had better PERs than Mo. Both are also younger.
Deron Williams is our first choice. No way do we want to pay 8.5 mil for even one year for a back up. Mo is overpriced, otherwise he would have opted out of his contract.
Even if Deron opts for somewhere else, there are a lot of FA pgs to be had that are better and cheaper than Mo.
And the expiring contract would only be HUGE if we were trading a long term contract for it, which is not the case. We accomplish the same end result by inking someone to a one year FA deal, and don't have to give away our first round pick in the process.
Peddle your overpriced trash somewhere else.

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Significant over what? Even taking Kidd out of the equation, Beaubois and Delonte West both had better PERs than Mo. Both are also younger.
Deron Williams is our first choice. No way do we want to pay 8.5 mil for even one year for a back up. Mo is overpriced, otherwise he would have opted out of his contract.
Even if Deron opts for somewhere else, there are a lot of FA pgs to be had that are better and cheaper than Mo.
And the expiring contract would only be HUGE if we were trading a long term contract for it, which is not the case. We accomplish the same end result by inking someone to a one year FA deal, and don't have to give away our first round pick in the process.
Peddle your overpriced trash somewhere else.

Roddy's a bust... and it's sad that delusional Mavs fans hold onto this guy so hard when Cuban was trying to shop him HARD last year by the deadline and nobody took. Delonte West is NOT better than Mo Williams, despite what PER says. Mo was a 15 ppg player off the BENCH for most of the season and that was playing out of position at SG.

Mo Williams is in a similar mold to Terry obviously but he's much younger and is a better passer. Obviously Deron is priority number 1 and Mo is far from a legit star... but he's an upgrade over 40 year old Kidd and West. You seem pretty misinformed on the value of an expiring deal. The value is to clear cap for 2013 in which the Mavs are still going to be into the luxury tax quite possibly.

Not to mention the irony of you saying "peddle your overrated trash elsewhere". You realize Odom just had one of the most disappointing situations ever witnessed in NBA history right? Defending 6th man of the year traded and is a complete no show. Not only is his value at an all time low but if you honestly think the 17 pick will likely make an all star team like Mo has... or even be a borderline all star you're in denial.

The risk is all on the Clippers in this trade scenario. We know what Mo gives consistently. Clippers have a solid shot of drafting a bust at 17 and a solid shot that Odom is still a shell of his former self.

Clippersfan86
06-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Outside of Deron who's interested in his home of Texas.... Dallas isn't exactly a big free agent draw. I doubt any young stars outside of him have an interest in joining 34 year old Dirk and the rapidly declining Mavericks roster. It's one of those things where if you can add a 29 year old, good PG you do it.

Even if he's just a Terry clone, 6th man it's worth it for a 17 pick who will likely not be an impact player. Only reason I want Clippers to grab 17 pick is because I say they have a 30-40 percent chance to get an at least OKAY SG/SF to fill the hole on the wing.

StephenP
06-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Roddy's a bust... and it's sad that delusional Mavs fans hold onto this guy so hard when Cuban was trying to shop him HARD last year by the deadline and nobody took. Delonte West is NOT better than Mo Williams, despite what PER says. Mo was a 15 ppg player off the BENCH for most of the season and that was playing out of position at SG.

Mo Williams is in a similar mold to Terry obviously but he's much younger and is a better passer. Obviously Deron is priority number 1 and Mo is far from a legit star... but he's an upgrade over 40 year old Kidd and West. You seem pretty misinformed on the value of an expiring deal. The value is to clear cap for 2013 in which the Mavs are still going to be into the luxury tax quite possibly.

Not to mention the irony of you saying "peddle your overrated trash elsewhere". You realize Odom just had one of the most disappointing situations ever witnessed in NBA history right? Defending 6th man of the year traded and is a complete no show. Not only is his value at an all time low but if you honestly think the 17 pick will likely make an all star team like Mo has... or even be a borderline all star you're in denial.

The risk is all on the Clippers in this trade scenario. We know what Mo gives consistently. Clippers have a solid shot of drafting a bust at 17 and a solid shot that Odom is still a shell of his former self.

First you compare Mo to Terry, who even though he gets time at pg plays with a sg mentality. Then you say Mo played out of position at sg.

When Billups went down, Mo should have seen an significant increase in minutes but he couldn't even beat out Foye for the extra floor time. In fact Mo's minutes took a nose dive at the end of the season.

As for the the #17 pick. This draft is one of the deepest ever, yet two of the last seven 17th picks have already been all stars (Granger and Hibbert). Jrue Holiday and Iman Shumpert have the skills to do so in the future. Go back 8 years and Josh Smith was the 17th pick.

By the way, Granger and Hibbert were first choice all stars. They didn't get in as a second alternate the way Mo did.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information that the Mavs are going to be approaching luxury tax territory. With Kidd and Terry expiring this year and Haywood being either traded or amnestied, the Mavs have plenty of cap space even after a max deal for Deron.

I've never claimed Odom was someone many teams desired to have on their teams. I have said he's valuable because he can be bought out cheaply.

And as I said, we still keep the cap space for 2013 if we sign one of the older FA pgs to a one year deal.

The deal is almost no risk for the Clips. If Odom doesn't work out, oh well his contract expires after next year too. And if you made a bad choice at 17, oh well again. What did you lose? Mo was going to see his minutes cut more anyway with Bledsoe developing.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2012, 12:04 AM
First you compare Mo to Terry, who even though he gets time at pg plays with a sg mentality. Then you say Mo played out of position at sg.

When Billups went down, Mo should have seen an significant increase in minutes but he couldn't even beat out Foye for the extra floor time. In fact Mo's minutes took a nose dive at the end of the season.

As for the the #17 pick. This draft is one of the deepest ever, yet two of the last seven 17th picks have already been all stars (Granger and Hibbert). Jrue Holiday and Iman Shumpert have the skills to do so in the future. Go back 8 years and Josh Smith was the 17th pick.

By the way, Granger and Hibbert were first choice all stars. They didn't get in as a second alternate the way Mo did.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information that the Mavs are going to be approaching luxury tax territory. With Kidd and Terry expiring this year and Haywood being either traded or amnestied, the Mavs have plenty of cap space even after a max deal for Deron.

I've never claimed Odom was someone many teams desired to have on their teams. I have said he's valuable because he can be bought out cheaply.

And as I said, we still keep the cap space for 2013 if we sign one of the older FA pgs to a one year deal.

The deal is almost no risk for the Clips. If Odom doesn't work out, oh well his contract expires after next year too. And if you made a bad choice at 17, oh well again. What did you lose? Mo was going to see his minutes cut more anyway with Bledsoe developing.

Ever hear of a guy named Eric Bledsoe? The guy who had a PER of 23 in the playoffs (since you like PER so much)? You'll notice Mo's drop in minutes has almost nothing to do with Foye but coincides directly with the return of Bledsoe from MCL surgery at the end of February. Besides Foye did happen to get EXTREMELY hot in the second half of the year. He made more 3 pointers than ANYBODY in the NBA post all star break and shot 44 percent from deep. 80+ percent of it was Bledsoe's return though. Bledsoe is easily the best defender on the team and one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA already so him taking Mo's minutes is nothing to be ashamed of for Mo considering the Clippers have the best PG in the NBA and the deepest guard rotation in the NBA.

The same way that you're saying Clippers won't lose much... neither will the Mavs. At worst you're getting a bench player who can drop 20 any given game and averages 14+ ppg. Clippers aren't even getting that much guaranteed. Unlike Odom+17 pick who are unproven at this point... Mo Williams is coming off a year in which he was the runner up for the 6th man of the year award. Sure he's no star but you're absolutely underrating him by calling him trash.

The odds of the 17 pick being good even in one of the best drafts ever possibly are not good. Chances are much higher that a 17 pick will be a role player at best (Mo is a starting caliber PG obviously). If you understood how GM's think it's all about bottom line value+risk. GM's aren't betting on non lottery picks being big time players and the fact that you named two... shows how sparse they are.

That's like me pointing out how Ben Wallace and John Starks were star players despite being undrafted and how there is a chance you'll draft them in this scenario. Or Gilbert Arenas and Manu being nearly the last picks in the draft... and that suddenly making late 2nd rounders valuable. There is always a chance you can get a sleeper but it's SIGNIFICANTLY more common to get a role player at best or bust from non lottery picks.

Chronz
06-23-2012, 12:30 AM
God no, plz stay away

Cracka2HI!
06-23-2012, 12:32 AM
I agree that Mo makes sense for Dallas, but I doubt anything happens. Dallas is all in with cap space this offseason. They will probably try to trade or amnesty Haywood and may just prefer to buy out Odom to achieve maximum cap space. For that reason I think them trading Odom and the 17th for $8.5 milllion in salary isn't likely. It really doesn't even matter the player. They are probably looking at making offers to D-Will, Hibbert and Harden or something. They may have the cap space to do it if everything works out for them.

I'd love to see it happen, but honestly I don't know why Dallas would have to give a pick in that scenario. Mo has some value but he doesn't have much to the Clippers and Dallas can just buy out Odom and sign a PG. Dallas obviously won't have Odom back but I don't think they are so desperate to move him that they need to package him with a pick. Odom for Mo straight up makes a lot of sense. I'm not sure what Dallas' exact cap situation is and they probably can't even sign 2 max players let alone 3. It would make sense for them to bring in Mo as a safety net but I don't think that is worth the 17th pick. If they had a lower pick like 27 I think it would be a lot more likely.

gatkins11
06-23-2012, 12:54 AM
The 17th pick is anyone's if they will take Haywood. That much is certain.

StephenP
06-23-2012, 01:08 AM
The odds of the 17 pick being good even in one of the best drafts ever possibly are not good. Chances are much higher that a 17 pick will be a role player at best (Mo is a starting caliber PG obviously). If you understood how GM's think it's all about bottom line value+risk. GM's aren't betting on non lottery picks being big time players and the fact that you named two... shows how sparse they are.

That's like me pointing out how Ben Wallace and John Starks were star players despite being undrafted and how there is a chance you'll draft them in this scenario. Or Gilbert Arenas and Manu being nearly the last picks in the draft... and that suddenly making late 2nd rounders valuable. There is always a chance you can get a sleeper but it's SIGNIFICANTLY more common to get a role player at best or bust from non lottery picks.

Since the chances according to you of getting anything more than a role player outside the lottery are not good, why don't we compare the last eight #17 picks to the last eight #2 picks. Anybody should get it right picking #1 overall.

2011 #2 Derrick Williams (2nd Team All-Rookie)
#17 Iman Sumpert (1st Team All-Rookie)
Advantage so far #17

2010 #2 Evan Turner (Just started coming into his own at the end of the season)
#17 Kevin Seraphin (still raw but has a lot of potential)
Advantage so far #2

2009 #2 Hasheem Thabeet (Traded twice and D-League twice)
#17 Jrue Holiday (starting pg on a playoff team)
Advantage #17

2008 #2 Michael Beasley (Decent player, not elite)
#17 Roy Hibbert (All star)
Advantage #17

2007 #2 Kevin Durant (nuff said)
#17 Sean Williams (worthless)
Advantage #2 by light years

2006 #2 LeMarcus Aldridge (All star)
#17 Shawne Williams (Decent bench player)
Advantage #2

2005 #2 Marvin Williams (Nothing special)
#17 Danny Granger (All star)
Advantage #17

2004 #2 Emeka Okafor (Quality Center)
#17 Josh Smith (One of the top PFs in the game)
Advantage #17

So in five of the last eight draft I would rate the player taken at #17 higher than the one taken at #2.
I'm glad you only get quality in the lottery.

Glen20
06-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Since the chances according to you of getting anything more than a role player outside the lottery are not good, why don't we compare the last eight #17 picks to the last eight #2 picks. Anybody should get it right picking #1 overall.

Advantage so far #17

Advantage so far #2

Advantage #17

Advantage #17

Advantage #2

Advantage #17

Advantage #17

So in five of the last eight draft I would rate the player taken at #17 higher than the one taken at #2.

good job :clap:

Clippersfan86
06-23-2012, 01:36 AM

Advantage so far #17

Advantage so far #2

Advantage #17

Advantage #17

Advantage #2

Advantage #17

Advantage #17

8 drafts out of how many? VERY small sample size and cherry picking. Number 2's do seem to be bad for whatever reason but compare 17 to all lottery picks and you'll see a MASSIVE difference.

Young2Kinsler
06-23-2012, 01:48 AM
**** Lamar Odom and the wookie whore rode in on.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Let's do 3rd picks for example.

2011: 3rd pick= Enes Kanter

2010: 3rd pick= Derrick Favors

2009: 3rd pick= James Harden

2008: 3rd pick= OJ Mayo

2007: 3rd pick= Al Horford

2006: 3rd pick= Adam Morrison

2005: 3rd pick= Deron Williams

2004: 3rd pick= Ben Gordon

2003: 3rd pick= Carmelo Anthony

2002: 3rd pick= Mike Dunleavy

2001: 3rd pick= Pau Gasol

Need I go on? In this list only 2 out of 11.... 17 picks were clearly better the edge going to the 3 pick for the rest or in one or two cases being debatable. See what cherry picking is? 2 picks happen to be cursed pretty much in recent years but at the end of the day lottery picks almost ALWAYS are better than non lotto picks. If you want we can keep going but anybody with common sense will know that a 17 pick has a better chance of being a role player or bust than a quality starter or all star.

Young2Kinsler
06-23-2012, 01:51 AM

We probably have no desire to take on any money in a deal. Someone would have to take on Marion or Haywoods contract.

That being said, the ONLY scenario I can see this working is....

Deron Williams signs fast with someone other than Dallas.
Mavs spend big on Hibbert, landing their future big.
Then trade for a stop gap PG like Mo who can be good this year and gone the next when we make another big FA push.

All very difficult/unlikely to happen, but the only scenario I see.

StephenP
06-23-2012, 02:48 AM
See what cherry picking is? 2 picks happen to be cursed pretty much in recent years but at the end of the day lottery picks almost ALWAYS are better than non lotto picks. If you want we can keep going but anybody with common sense will know that a 17 pick has a better chance of being a role player or bust than a quality starter or all star.

I stopped where I did before because I didn't want to do a Darko - Zarko comparison from 2003.

I would actually give the nod to four of the #17 picks in your list.

Josh Smith > Ben Gordon
Shawne Williams > Adam Morrison (Morrison was horrible at least Williams has hung around)
Roy Hibbert > OJ Mayo
Iman Shumpert > Enes Kanter (At least at this point in time)

I can make you a list from every year of lottery picks that were not better than non-lottery picks so you might need to rethink that almost ALWAYS.

And #3 should be better than #17 all of the time (not just 7 out of 11 times), but no one has a crystal ball. Sometimes the 48th pick (Marc Gasol) is better than #1 (Greg Oden).

My point is there are excellent players to be had outside the lottery. In fact, in almost every draft you will find that one of the top 5 players was picked outside the lottery. So just because a pick isn't in the lottery doesn't mean it's not important to hang onto.

By the way, the player you spoke so highly of earlier (Bledsoe) was taken outside the lottery (18th).

Clippersfan86
06-23-2012, 02:55 AM
I stopped where I did before because I didn't want to do a Darko - Zarko comparison from 2003.

I would actually give the nod to four of the #17 picks in your list.

Josh Smith > Ben Gordon
Shawne Williams > Adam Morrison (Morrison was horrible at least Williams has hung around)
Roy Hibbert > OJ Mayo
Iman Shumpert > Enes Kanter (At least at this point in time)

I can make you a list from every year of lottery picks that were not better than non-lottery picks so you might need to rethink that almost ALWAYS.

And #3 should be better than #17 all of the time (not just 7 out of 11 times), but no one has a crystal ball. Sometimes the 48th pick (Marc Gasol) is better than #1 (Greg Oden).

My point is there are excellent players to be had outside the lottery. In fact, in almost every draft you will find that one of the top 5 players was picked outside the lottery. So just because a pick isn't in the lottery doesn't mean it's not important to hang onto.

By the way, the player you spoke so highly of earlier (Bledsoe) was taken outside the lottery (18th).

No offense but you're being highly illogical. The bottom line is that lottery picks typically end up being better than 17 picks. Never said it's a fact but there are a couple dozen of 17 picks or later in NBA history that became good starters/all stars in comparison to literally hundreds if not more of lotto picks that became good starters/all stars and that's the way it should be. My only point to begin with is that a 17 pick isn't a valuable asset but rather a solid or decent one, just like Mo Williams.

StephenP
06-23-2012, 03:15 AM
No offense but you're being highly illogical. The bottom line is that lottery picks typically end up being better than 17 picks. Never said it's a fact but there are a couple dozen of 17 picks or later in NBA history that became good starters/all stars in comparison to literally hundreds if not more of lotto picks that became good starters/all stars and that's the way it should be. My only point to begin with is that a 17 pick isn't a valuable asset but rather a solid or decent one, just like Mo Williams.

I just think you are over overvaluing Mo. By your own admission, he fell to third on the Clips pg depth chart.

And this year is not like most years draftwise. The only year close to this deep recently was 2008. That year saw Hibbert, JaVale McGee, JJ Hickson, Ryan Anderson, Serge Ibaka, Nicolas Batum, George Hill, Nikola Pekovic, Mario Chalmers, and Goran Dragic all be drafted 17th and after. I expect a few players even in the 2nd round this year to become quality NBA starters.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2012, 03:28 AM
I just think you are over overvaluing Mo. By your own admission, he fell to third on the Clips pg depth chart.

And this year is not like most years draftwise. The only year close to this deep recently was 2008. That year saw Hibbert, JaVale McGee, JJ Hickson, Ryan Anderson, Serge Ibaka, Nicolas Batum, George Hill, Nikola Pekovic, Mario Chalmers, and Goran Dragic all be drafted 17th and after. I expect a few players even in the 2nd round this year to become quality NBA starters.

I agree the draft looks deep but even in the deepest drafts in NBA history you MIGHT get a couple perennial all stars, couple borderline all stars and a couple solid starters. Odds are against the 17 pick being one of those even in the deepest draft ever. I'm overvaluing Mo by calling him a starting PG? The guy put up 14+ off the bench and 15 and 6 the year before. Guy is no star but you flat out called him "garbage" dude.

I'm all for you saying you don't like the trade... but don't be delusional and act like this 17 pick will be the next Granger and Mo Williams is a scrub etc.

StephenP
06-23-2012, 04:43 AM
I'm all for you saying you don't like the trade... but don't be delusional and act like this 17 pick will be the next Granger and Mo Williams is a scrub etc.

The mock drafts I've seen have varied quite a bit. I've seen Meyers Leonard, Dion Waiters, Austin Rivers, Kendall Marshall, Terrence Jones, John Henson, Perry Jones and others going at #17.
I would put more value on any of them at a rookie salary over Mo at 8.5 mil.
As much as I liked Terry, he was vastly overpaid. I doubt I would even bring him back at 8.5 mil for 1 year.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2012, 05:14 AM
The mock drafts I've seen have varied quite a bit. I've seen Meyers Leonard, Dion Waiters, Austin Rivers, Kendall Marshall, Terrence Jones, John Henson, Perry Jones and others going at #17.
I would put more value on any of them at a rookie salary over Mo at 8.5 mil.
As much as I liked Terry, he was vastly overpaid. I doubt I would even bring him back at 8.5 mil for 1 year.

I definitely think 17 pick this year has a chance to be a solid starter at worst. Not denying that a 17 pick has solid value. Just trying to get it across that the trade mentioned here isn't lopsided or anything. There ARE benefits to both parties so I wouldn't categorize it as passing off trash to anybody like you did. Good luck in the draft.

Method28
06-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Jesus...just make the trade already and get it over with :D

Lord Leoshes
06-23-2012, 06:39 PM

Link please.

StephenP
06-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Link please.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8085646/ruling-gives-jeremy-lin-chauncey-billups-bird-rights-affects-cap

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Rumors were legit. Mavs reporter tonight tweeted that Odom was given permission to shop himself and has met with Clips.

Lord Leoshes
06-26-2012, 03:38 AM
Are the Clippers intentions to sign him out right, or work a trade with DAL?

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Are the Clippers intentions to sign him out right, or work a trade with DAL?

Great question and not sure. Depends on if Mavs buy him out or not. Clippers trying to get rid of Mo Williams and salaries match. They could trade for Odom now and if they decide he's not good enough for the 8 mill if they cut him in next couple weeks they only have to pay him like 2.5 mill or something like that. I'd rather give him a shot though. If Clippers are getting 2010 Odom or anything close... he will be exactly what they need.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 12:42 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8100397/sources-los-angeles-clippers-engaged-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks-lamar-odom

Odom to Clippers, Mo Williams to Lakers?

soundjunkies2
06-27-2012, 12:49 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8100397/sources-los-angeles-clippers-engaged-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks-lamar-odom

I'd welcome him.

His contract is not bad and he would be a big upgrade for our bench or even at PG if Sessions doesn't resign.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 12:51 AM
I'd welcome him.

His contract is not bad and he would be a big upgrade for our bench or even at PG if Sessions doesn't resign.

For Lakers he's perfect because he can drop 4-5 threes any given game and isn't scared to take shots. He's also trimmed down and has gotten great at running the fastbreak (better than CP3 at pushing tempo).

gatkins11
06-27-2012, 01:01 AM
I would certainly welcome the cap space.

Young2Kinsler
06-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Please get this done!

OT Thriller
06-27-2012, 01:14 AM

Idk why this hasn't been officially accepted by all parties. Literally each team wins in this deal, what's the hold up??

gatkins11
06-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Idk why this hasn't been officially accepted by all parties. Literally each team wins in this deal, what's the hold up??

Exactly. Hopefully this will be a done deal fairly quickly.

LakersMaster24
06-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Id like Williams on the Lakers! Perfect spark off the bench! :clap:

#24 Lakerland
06-27-2012, 01:29 AM
^Mo Williams will definitely be starting for the Lakers.

StephenP
06-27-2012, 01:32 AM

I don't think Mo can be traded until July 1st, because he is on a player option year.

BKLYNpigeon
06-27-2012, 01:33 AM
like we didnt see that coming.

gatkins11
06-27-2012, 01:34 AM
To my knowledge, when Mo Williams officially opts in he can be traded. So I'm assuming that's the holdup.

LakersMaster24
06-27-2012, 01:34 AM
^Mo Williams will definitely be starting for the Lakers.

I much rather have him on the bench and be the 6th man with Beasley ;)

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Mo can pick up his player option at any point I thought?

soundjunkies2
06-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Mo can pick up his player option at any point I thought?

You can I just don't believe he has opted in yet. I think he has until July 1 to do so.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 01:44 AM
You can I just don't believe he has opted in yet. I think he has until July 1 to do so.

Yea he hasn't. Clippers should pressure him into it tomorrow.

StephenP
06-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Sounds like Mo doesn't want to get shipped to a non-contender if he opts in.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/06/mo-williams-clippers-seeking-contract-solution.html

I would think he would welcome a move to the Lakers where he could start.

gatkins11
06-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Sounds like Mo doesn't want to get shipped to a non-contender if he opts in.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/06/mo-williams-clippers-seeking-contract-solution.html

I would think he would welcome a move to the Lakers where he could start.

Exactly.

xabial
06-27-2012, 01:51 AM
Clippers Turning Into the Nuggets But With Two All Stars. DEPTHHH Baby

Cracka2HI!
06-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Yea he hasn't. Clippers should pressure him into it tomorrow.
What's funny is the trade only makes sense for the Clipps now if we get Dallas' #1 as well. Otherwise what's the incentive? Just let Dallas buyout Odom and sign him. The key to this happening is Dallas clearing as much cap space as possible. That is their only incentive for doing it. That being the case, trading the pick makes sense for them as well. If we can find a 3rd team to take Mo it would have to be a team with cap space. Not the Lakers. If we can find that 3rd team, Dallas would probably give us their pick to make it happen.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 02:13 AM
What's funny is the trade only makes sense for the Clipps now if we get Dallas' #1 as well. Otherwise what's the incentive? Just let Dallas buyout Odom and sign him. The key to this happening is Dallas clearing as much cap space as possible. That is their only incentive for doing it. That being the case, trading the pick makes sense for them as well. If we can find a 3rd team to take Mo it would have to be a team with cap space. Not the Lakers. If we can find that 3rd team, Dallas would probably give us their pick to make it happen.

If Clippers can somehow get that 18 pick from Dallas too I'd be VERY VERY Happy. Give them a future 1st or something.

StephenP
06-27-2012, 02:36 AM

The Lakers work because they have a trade exception.

Why wouldn't Odom go back to the Lakers instead if he were waived? That's where he really wants to be and they want him back.

No way Dallas gives up the pick to save a couple mil. In fact Dallas would have to get picks in return. You can't trade players without getting something back.

LA_Raiders
06-27-2012, 02:45 AM
good move by the clips, we should be able to win the division again with no problem...

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 02:59 AM

Actually they are not going to buy him out. Cuban already said that he would not buy Odom out and Donnie Nelson has said on the radio several times this off season that they were looking to trade Odom and even though he had a very bad year in Dallas he still has value because he was the 6th man of the year two years ago. My guess is that Odom gets traded on draft night. Now the big question is... what are the Clippers willing to give up for him.

Also on another note... teams can sign their own players (who have Bird Rights) and go over the cap however what you guys are forgetting is that the owners no longer just pay a penalty of dollar for dollar ($1.00 for ever $1.00 they are over the cap). It goes in stages now and an owner can end up pay up to $9.00 for every $1.00 they are over the cap. No NBA owner is going to spend $50, $60, $70 mil to sign a bunch of old spare players like Billups.

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 03:05 AM
Again, the report makes no sense unless there was a trade involved... why would his agent be working with Dallas?

The reason his agent would be working with Dallas is because he has the same agent as Jason Kidd and DWill. Also Dallas did not have to trade for Odom last year and were actually doing him and his agent a favor by trading for him (considering the Lakers were trying to send him to New Orleans). The fact that he basically screwed the Mavs over and the fact that the agent has another client on the Mavs and another client the Mavs are trying to aquire and pay huge money too he needs to work with the Mavs.

Also Odom will not sign the league minimum. There is no way his wife will allow him to do that. He wanted her to quit her show so now he needs a big payday.

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 03:17 AM

I don't know what Mo Williams contract looks like but if it is expiring after this year that is the only way I could see the Mavs doing a trade like this. I also see no way they include the 17th pick in the deal though. If they aquired an expiring contract that size and they got DWill they would use the cap space next year to go after another big free agent like Howard. If they miss out on DWill you can bet they would use all the cap space to go after Chris Paul next year.

MickeyMgl
06-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Clippers still have mini mid and full mid.

They have both?!?!???! WTF?!!!??! Why doesn't anybody else???!?!

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 03:30 AM
According to ESPN the Mavs only do the deal if a 3rd team is involved to take on Mo Williams' $8.5 mil contract (Mo will exercise his option). The team capable of taking on his contract is the Lakers. They still have the trade exception that the Mavs trade them to get Odom (the trade exception the Mavs got for dealing Chandler to the Knicks). If the Lakers are no on board the Mavs will buy out Odom. The reason the Clippers need to make this trade happen is because if Odom hits free agency the Knicks and Heat have an interest in Odom (Odom and his attention whore wife have a home in Miami). The Clippers would have competition for Odom and would still have Mo Williams' $8.5 mil salary on their books this year.

LTBaByyy
06-27-2012, 03:36 AM
PLEASE make this a 4 team trade!

Lakers: Mo Williams
Clippers: Odom
Mavericks: Lakers 2nd round pick next year, _______ 2nd round pick this year
________: Haywood

A team like the bucks maybe? Anyone!!!

Vinylman
06-27-2012, 12:11 PM
hilarious speculation...

Lakers are gonna

A. Help the Mavs clear cap
B. Help a division rival improve...

keep dreaming

beasted86
06-27-2012, 12:15 PM
They have both?!?!???! WTF?!!!??! Why doesn't anybody else???!?!

Because they the bestest.

Every other team gets one MLE, but Stern gave them two.

marj987
06-27-2012, 12:35 PM

broncosfan4eva
06-27-2012, 12:53 PM
cmon MO!!! LakeShow wants you!

broncosfan4eva
06-27-2012, 12:54 PM
hope the Lakers get the mavs to throw in the 17th Overall pick since they are in the same division...and are helping them clear cap

LakersMaster24
06-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Why the hell do the Clipps have another midlevel exception!? GTFO!

Cracka2HI!
06-27-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't see it happening. It sounds like will opt out if traded to a bad team. Can't see the Lakers helping the Clippers and Mavs. If Mo would accept a trade to a team like Charlotte or Portland it could happen if they are willing to asorb his contract. That would make sense. Otherwise I see Mo landing in Phoenix for Channing Frye and the Clippers bringing in Odom for the MLE. Re-sign Chauncey, Young, Foye and Reggie and add Frye and Odom as and we've will have done very well this offseason!

C Jordan/Frye
PF Blake/Odom/Reggie
SF Butler/Young
SG Foye/Chauncey
PG Paul/Bledsoe

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 07:30 PM
hope the Lakers get the mavs to throw in the 17th Overall pick since they are in the same division...and are helping them clear cap

I seriously doubt that happens. The Lakers will be getting a player they covet for their bench so it's not like they would be doing this trade simply out of the goodness of their own hearts.

Method28
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
I dont think Odom is enough upside to get rid of Mo. Its a big risk imo.

Unless they get that Mavs pick. In which.case that could be huge.

Mo u know will contribute...Odom....he's a headcase so who knows.

Mavs can always find a home for Mo. Not that difficult. If there's no pick...id rather the Clips hold onto Mo and wait to see if Odom REALLY wants to come here.if.he.happens to be bought out. Then we could move Mo for more assets.

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
I seriously doubt the Mavs pick will be involved in any deal.

Method28
06-27-2012, 07:48 PM
I seriously doubt the Mavs pick with be involved in any deal.

Yea I know...which is sad because id love Odom...I just dont think the risk is worth it for the Clips at this point.

Mr.B
06-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Yea I know...which is sad because id love Odom...I just dont think the risk is worth it for the Clips at this point.

I actually agree with you. There is no way I would ever trade for Odom after the way he completely whined like a little B and quit on the Mavs last year. He showed he really has no heart at all. With Mo Williams the Clippers know they already have a player that will compete and give everything he has every single game. With that being said I'm praying that this trade goes through because it makes me sick that Cuban has had to pay this chump.

Punk
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM
I think Odom will bounce back, maybe not to the same level as 6th man but he will be much better as a player with the Clippers, Knicks, Nets.

Hawkeye15
06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
meh, I don't think anyone is scared of Lamar Odom's contributions after last year.

C-Style
06-27-2012, 08:07 PM
meh, I don't think anyone is scared of Lamar Odom's contributions after last year.

I don't think he ever was

Cracka2HI!
06-28-2012, 01:29 AM

I don't think it's that big a risk. I think Odom would be at his very best in LA making $8 mil and playing for his next contract. Guys like him HAVE heart when they need to make money. I think we gotta move Mo. To move him for someone 6'10'' would be huge! EB needs to be the backup PG and I think Chauncey, Foye and Young will be back. Mo is very expendable. We might be able to get something better but I wouldn't be disappointed with Odom.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2012, 02:19 AM
Actually they are not going to buy him out. Cuban already said that he would not buy Odom out and Donnie Nelson has said on the radio several times this off season that they were looking to trade Odom and even though he had a very bad year in Dallas he still has value because he was the 6th man of the year two years ago. My guess is that Odom gets traded on draft night. Now the big question is... what are the Clippers willing to give up for him.

Also on another note... teams can sign their own players (who have Bird Rights) and go over the cap however what you guys are forgetting is that the owners no longer just pay a penalty of dollar for dollar ($1.00 for ever $1.00 they are over the cap). It goes in stages now and an owner can end up pay up to $9.00 for every $1.00 they are over the cap. No NBA owner is going to spend $50, $60, $70 mil to sign a bunch of old spare players like Billups.

Not true. Every single source I've seen has said IF Dallas can't trade Odom before Friday they WILL buy him out for 2.4 million.

Mr.B
06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Not true. Every single source I've seen has said IF Dallas can't trade Odom before Friday they WILL buy him out for 2.4 million.

Yea they have officially come out and said that if they can't trade him they will buy him out. Mark Cuban previously said that he wouldn't. It still makes more sense for the Clippers to trade for him though (hopefully the Lakers come through on taking Mo Williams). If Odom is bought out he's going to get a lot of offers (Knicks and Heat will likely be on that list).

Chronz
06-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I dont think Odom is enough upside to get rid of Mo. Its a big risk imo.

Unless they get that Mavs pick. In which.case that could be huge.

Mo u know will contribute...Odom....he's a headcase so who knows.

Mavs can always find a home for Mo. Not that difficult. If there's no pick...id rather the Clips hold onto Mo and wait to see if Odom REALLY wants to come here.if.he.happens to be bought out. Then we could move Mo for more assets.

This is so true

gatkins11
06-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Update per @ESPNSteinLine

Utah emerges as third team in Clippers' attempts to acquire Lamar Odom from Mavs. ESPN story with @chadfordinsider: http://es.pn/N82ySt

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/218415446553141249