PDA

View Full Version : Danny Ainge: Garnett Considering Retirement

JordansBulls
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8078525/danny-ainge-says-kevin-garnett-weighing-return-boston-celtics-retirement-other-options

Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge spoke with free-agent center Kevin Garnett last week, but Ainge said no decision on Garnett's future is imminent. That leaves Boston's offseason plan in a state of uncertainty with the new league year approaching July 1.

Despite a strong finish to his 17th season in the league, the 36-year-old Garnett is pondering retirement and needs time to make a decision about his basketball future.

"Kevin and I had a good conversation last week and the conversation was mostly on how he needs time before he makes that decision," Ainge said during an in-studio appearance Wednesday afternoon on Boston sports radio WEEI-93.7 FM. "I think we'll talk within the next week, but I'm not so sure that's a decision day for him. He may want to wait and see what sort of team we have. I'm not sure.

"I know that he wants to come back. I know he likes Boston, and I know he loves playing for (coach) Doc (Rivers). He loves everything about the team and the city and so forth. I think that his decision will be, 'Do I really want to play? Or do I not want to play.' "

stawka
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Would be a loss to the game, but he'd be leaving on his own terms. He had a great career, a great run the last few years, and surprised a lot of people including myself this past year. He still has some juice in the tank, but I respect him for contemplating retirement so he leaves on a "high note" sort of thing

ChicagoJ
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
He was great in the Miami series. He could probably still play if he wanted to and be effective.

Mishmin
06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Give us 1 or 2 more Kevin

bigsams50
06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
If he does call it quits its not a bad way to go out.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh my gosh the guy is like 37 yrs old. Retire already

greg_ory_2005
06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Noooooooo. :(

StarvingKnick22
06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
i guess its an end of an era. they should trade him for a high pick a replace him with Fab Melo :eyebrow:

Mr.SmackYoMama
06-21-2012, 03:17 PM
i guess its an end of an era. they should trade him for a high pick a replace him with Fab Melo :eyebrow:

He's a free-agent!

PAOboston
06-21-2012, 04:37 PM
well, no ****. he's 37. he's made over 300 miilion dollars. of course he'll consider retirement.

i think next week will be critical for the c's/kg. he's gonna have to make a decision by the time draft. it kinda handcuffs what the c's can do. personally, i take every word ainge says with a grain of salt. i think draft night we'll no what the deal is.