PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley: Miami Heat “Don’t Even Have Real Fans”

knicks4life33
06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/06/21/charles-barkley-miami-heat-lebron-james-nba-finals/

''I wish he had stayed in Cleveland, because those fans in Cleveland, man, they’re fantastic. They don’t even have real fans here in Miami, they’re front-runners.''- Charles Barkley

knicks4life33
06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
barkley opening his mouth again

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
haha. Seriously tho, he better be careful, next time he goes to Miami, he'll have more hecklers.

nicegoing
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
There are diehards in Miami, but every good team has frontrunners. Miami has a reputation for not showing up or arriving late though. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, there are a few sensitive ones who post on this site.

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
I dont care what Barkley says, he just says controversial stuff to get attention.

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM
There are diehards in Miami, but every good team has frontrunners. Miami has a reputation for not showing up or arriving late though. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, there are a few sensitive ones who post on this site.

Actually what it is, is the traffic. The AAA is right by South Beach so traffic is a killer. Thats why they are late. The thing against them is tho, they never really leave early enough to arrive on time.

whitemamba33
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
If I were to base my opinion solely on PSD...i'd agree.

JordansBulls
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
This is true. You know when you got real fans when you can still sellout games even without being a legit contender.

SteBO
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Every fan base has fair-weather fans......he isn't saying anything new.

goose14741
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Its a known fact that its a golf city. And baseball due to the culture. so hes rigjt, there are a minimal amount of real fans. Thats why they need to all play dress up and have a dj warp everyones names while playing songs during the game just to bring fans in.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I've been a heat fan for a long long time now.. Money is an issue in this city and Miami has some of the worst traffic in the country.. The arena is also in downtown, next to bayside, the exit to the arena is horrible but I do admit that this city has the worst sports fans EVER buttttttttttttttt that does not mean that SOME of us are die hard fans

goshhhjosh
06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
It's hard to argue against Barkley.

Looking at a lot of the join dates of the Miami Heat fans here on PSD...one could draw the conclusion that Barkley is speaking the truth.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Its a known fact that its a golf city. And baseball due to the culture. so hes rigjt, there are a minimal amount of real fans. Thats why they need to all play dress up and have a dj warp everyones names while playing songs during the game just to bring fans in.

fans don't go to heat games for the dj thats just one of the dumbest things ive ever heard

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Looking at a lot of the join dates of the Miami Heat fans here on PSD...one could draw the conclusion that Barkley is speaking the truth.

lol this is just some nerd *** **** to say.. some people recently found out about this site

Federal Reserve
06-21-2012, 02:22 PM
It's funny that almost every Heat fan on this forum joined around the time Lebron made his decision to play for Miami.

WITZ
06-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Barkley telling it like it is :clap:

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 02:25 PM
It's funny that almost every Heat fan on this forum joined around the time Lebron made his decision to play for Miami.

and you joined after melo joined the knicks

pd1dish
well, considering i didnt know ANY Miami fans before Lebron went there, and now i know a whole group of them, i cant say i disagree. obviously all the front running NBA fans became Miami fans when that team was put together. i dont care if you're a Miami fan, but dont call yourself a real fan if you didnt support that team before "the decision"

justinnum1

lmao

Turtle55
I've been a heat fan for a long long time now.. Money is an issue in this city and Miami has some of the worst traffic in the country.. The arena is also in downtown, next to bayside, the exit to the arena is horrible but I do admit that this city has the worst sports fans EVER buttttttttttttttt that does not mean that SOME of us are die hard fans

This sounds about right. Miami and Atlanta probably have some of the worst sports fans out there (cheering for Vick when he's your opponent?!) but there are definitely die hards for every team. Some of the HEAT fans were posting on here long before "the Decision". But as always when something like this happened their fan base quadrupled.

mvb815
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
if miami loyalty was on wall street i'd be a multi millionaire, buying stock low before shaq got here, selling high before he left, buying low after, and selling high again right now

Turtle55
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
well, considering i didnt know ANY Miami fans before Lebron went there, and now i know a whole group of them, i cant say i disagree. obviously all the front running NBA fans became Miami fans when that team was put together. i dont care if you're a Miami fan, but dont call yourself a real fan if you didnt support that team before "the decision"

There's a huge difference between a Lebron fan and a HEAT fan. They need to stop referring to themselves as HEAT fans if their support started less than two years ago.

RLundi
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
He isn't incorrect. Miami has among the worst fans in the country. In fact, most of Florida does. It's way too transient.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM

I found this site while searching for rumors about what FAs might come to Miami. I eventually found out there was a forum and decided to join. That was arguably the biggest offseason ever so PSD was bound to get more views and thus members.

EL HEAT
06-21-2012, 02:28 PM

So a join date determines if you're a true fan or not ?

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Knick fans cheered on Kobe, and Lebron for scoring 50 on them lol This is a fast life, party city.. OKC has nothing to do all week except talk about durant

Bubba313
06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Actually what it is, is the traffic. The AAA is right by South Beach so traffic is a killer. Thats why they are late. The thing against them is tho, they never really leave early enough to arrive on time.

LOL. This is just sad. Using traffic as an excuse to defend a lazy, unworthy fan-base. Yes, that is why the Lakers and the Knicks have two of the strongest fan-bases, it's because there's no traffic in LA and NY.

TylerSL

Have you been a fan since September 2007?????? You're join date says so....

Federal Reserve

I joined after the Knicks were blown out in the playoffs. I must have hit a soft spot. Just be careful when you jump off the bandwagon - we wouldn't want you injuring yourself :).

knicks4life33
sureeeeeeeeeee

tyfreaks brotha
:ouch:

IIISSKiLL
I found this site while searching for rumors about what FAs might come to Miami. I eventually found out there was a forum and decided to join. That was arguably the biggest offseason ever so PSD was bound to get more views and thus members.

Same here I would goggle "NBA TRADE RUMORS" and it would direct me here

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 02:32 PM

i understand that it can be fishy. And with me, I actually knew about the site for some time before and would use it for info about sports. I actually signed up during the Free Agency fiasco in 2010. It was July 4th when I joined.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 02:32 PM
I joined after the Knicks were blown out in the playoffs. I must have hit a soft spot. Just be careful when you jump off the bandwagon - we wouldn't want you injuring yourself :).

I'm just saying don't throw those "you joined after lebron came" jokes if you joined after Melo became a Knick.. or did you join after Chris Paul made his "big 3" toast at Melo's wedding ?

Federal Reserve
06-21-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm just saying don't throw those "you joined after lebron came" jokes if you joined after Melo became a Knick.. or did you join after Chris Paul made his "big 3" toast at Melo's wedding ?

I never liked Melo and always bashed him in all of my posts. And either way, it doesn't change the fact that you jumped on the Heat bandwagon.

Hawkeye15

hmm, I just got an idea.

TylerSL
LOL. This is just sad. Using traffic as an excuse to defend a lazy, unworthy fan-base. Yes, that is why the Lakers and the Knicks have two of the strongest fan-bases, it's because there's no traffic in LA and NY.

dude, I did say that the knock on it is they dont leave early enough to arrive on time, what do you want from me??

smith&wesson
06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
there are real heat fans just like there are real laker fans. but in miami and LA the fans that go to the games are ones that are just going for something to do. the stars, rich ppl, etc.

they arent the die hard basketball knowledgable fans that rep for the whole fan base. but that doesnt mean that the teams dont have real fans.

barkley just needs to come on psd and see how hard heat fans defend their team here. he would retract his statement.

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 02:37 PM

Can I see the numbers for this survey?

sfattahian
06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
This is true. You know when you got real fans when you can still sellout games even without being a legit contender.

Warriors fans!

NYKnickFanatic
06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Knick fans cheered on Kobe, and Lebron for scoring 50 on them lol This is a fast life, party city.. OKC has nothing to do all week except talk about durant

:laugh2: Knicks fans cheered on Kobe, what a ****ing moron you are. Do you know how many Lakers fans show up to Knicks game when they are in town?

RLundi

Ownage.

still1ballin
Every fan base has fair-weather fans......he isn't saying anything new.

Not as bad as Miami. Heck mostly all florida teams have fair weather fans.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Not as bad as Miami. Heck mostly all florida teams have fair weather fans.

I have yet to meet a single fair weather Dolphins fan these days.

Ill21
06-21-2012, 02:41 PM
:laugh2: Knicks fans cheered on Kobe, what a ****ing moron you are. Do you know how many Lakers fans show up to Knicks game when they are in town?

He is right. That entire 4th quater the hole gardn was chanting MVP to Kobe. But that's also because our team was trash at the time.

Hawkeye15

no, it doesn't.

TylerSL
yea this is just a bait thread now.......

EL HEAT
06-21-2012, 02:43 PM
no, it doesn't.

I was being sarcastic.

nicegoing
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Doesn't it make perfect sense that most Miami fans would have a join date of Jul 10? How do most people find this website? Looking for rumors, right? Wouldn't they be looking for rumors during Jul 10 and join this site?

A lot of people need to think about things for a couple of seconds, before bashing people over the internet.

jrm2054
Outside of this site never meet a heat fan till LeBron joined. Now there are a ton

Federal Reserve
He is right. That entire 4th quater the hole gardn was chanting MVP to Kobe. But that's also because our team was trash at the time.
You do realize that the people who went to the Knicks games didn't go to watch David Lee play...

GoPacers33
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM
He's right for the most part

Ill21
06-21-2012, 02:47 PM
You do realize that the people who went to the Knicks games didn't go to watch David Lee play...

I did. I rooted for the team regardless. You pretty much just proved you are a front runner. You didn't start caring about the team until we got stars.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I was being sarcastic.

I know dude.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Doesn't it make perfect sense that most Miami fans would have a join date of Jul 10? How do most people find this website? Looking for rumors, right? Wouldn't they be looking for rumors during Jul 10 and join this site?

A lot of people need to think about things for a couple of seconds, before bashing people over the internet.
Well said.

Outside of this site never meet a heat fan till LeBron joined. Now there are a ton

If you live in Pittsburgh as your location says, then most likely the fans you met there are bandwagon fans unless they have some unique tie to the city or team. Most of the fans on this site either live within an hour of the arena or have always rooted for the team for some other reason.

Dade County
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM

hi

so it's not maybe because of the excitmate that was going on when Lbj and Bosh singed on to the HEAT.... That fans rushed to read articles and find message-boards on the Miami HEAT :confused:

And in my case, one of my friends told me that on this site, everyone was talking crap about the HEAT, and when I started to read all the hate, I said I have to sign on and rep.

But if you chose to believe that every fan that signed on to hear around that time, is a fake HEAT fan..... more power too :D

EL HEAT
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM
I know dude.

:laugh2: I look dumb.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 02:51 PM

even knick players were saying how exciting that week of basketball was because kobe and lebron went OFF in the garden

Federal Reserve
06-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I did. I rooted for the team regardless. You pretty much just proved you are a front runner. You didn't start caring about the team until we got stars.

I watched every game on television. The organization was awful so I didn't want to waste my time and money supporting them by purchasing tickets. I am saying that people chanted "MVP!" because the fans who did go went only to watch Kobe play.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 02:55 PM
:laugh2: I look dumb.

nah, Heat fans here know I am on their side. My bandwagon *** will be celebrating with you if and when they close this series.

heyman321
06-21-2012, 02:55 PM
He speaks the truth.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 02:59 PM
The fans at the garden were going NUTS for Kobe that game, and then going CRAZY when Lebron scored 52 the next game.. Miami is a bandwagon city ? We only cheered on jordan during his final game as a wizard

EL HEAT
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
nah, Heat fans here know I am on their side. My bandwagon *** will be celebrating with you if and when they close this series.

Yeah, us Heat fans have that us against world mentality. It's good to see people see it from our point of veiw for once.

metsfanssince05
06-21-2012, 03:04 PM
The fans at the garden were going NUTS for Kobe that game, and then going CRAZY when Lebron scored 52 the next game.. Miami is a bandwagon city ? We only cheered on jordan during his final game as a wizardLet alone that. Since 2002 we sucked, we've be top 5 in attendance every year. I wonder what Miami fans would do if the Heat sucked for that long of time.

Teeboy1487
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Every team has those kind of fans. There is no need single out a fanbase. Barkley needs to shut up.

effen5
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Why create this thread? Heat has some die are fans but the bandwagon outweighs them and it's not even Close.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Let alone that. Since 2002 we sucked, we've be top 5 in attendance every year. I wonder what Miami fans would do if the Heat sucked for that long of time.

It's that evry year Knick fans swear to god that they have a contener.. I admit this city lacks REAL FANS but not all of us are like that.. Every city, state, and team has sucky fans like new york does at times.. you cheer on kobe and lebron for whooping that ***.. you boo a rookie because his name is ISIAH THOMAS lol you want to trade amar'e when he saved your team, you want to trade melo, you want to give lin the mvp award, fire the coach, the cheerleaders, the ball boys.. Every team has lame fans it's the way it is but not every fan is bandwagon

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Every team has those kind of fans. There is no need single out a fanbase. Barkley needs to shut up.

exactly. On a smaller scale for instance, the Target Center was literally the only place in Minneapolis you could find a Wolves shirt, or a Love jersey, until around late January this season, when all the fans that cast away the Wolves 5 years ago came back out of the woodworks. Who am I to call them out, with me being a "true" fan? That is so stupid to me.

Every team, and I mean every team, has a large percentage of their fanbase that jumps onboard the minute things are going well, and they jump right back off when the team goes down the tubes. Oh well, move on.

D-Leethal
06-21-2012, 03:11 PM
The fans at the garden were going NUTS for Kobe that game, and then going CRAZY when Lebron scored 52 the next game.. Miami is a bandwagon city ? We only cheered on jordan during his final game as a wizard

New York is the melting pot with tons of transplants. Our team was in the midst of a decade + playoff drought, the majority of people at that game were Kobe fans. And I was at LeBron's 52 point triple double, besides the intro he didn't get cheered like Kobe did. I have a ton of friends who are Kobe fans and not Knick fans. Either way that would never happen if we were even remotely good at the time.

How about Amare getting MVP chants in South Beach last year?

Everyone knows MIA has a horrible fan base. There were playoff games this year where the ESPN guys would say it was the quietest arena they have ever been in during the playoffs.

Miami got the big 3 and STILL had to lower ticket prices and create 'FAN UP' initiatives just to get people in the seats. THAN they had to send out flyers begging those who actually got tickets to show up on time.

jp611
06-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Well, he's right... But all teams have front-running fans... If I'm not mistaken, Cleveland had a ton of them when LBJ was there

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Let alone that. Since 2002 we sucked, we've be top 5 in attendance every year. I wonder what Miami fans would do if the Heat sucked for that long of time.

The Knicks are the last fanbase that would be accused of this. They have stuck with their teams no matter how bad. But is that really positive, or is it delusion at its finest? I don't mean that as an insult to the fan base, just saying that many people don't live and die with their sports teams. I mean, its just a sport afterall...

goshhhjosh
06-21-2012, 03:14 PM
lol this is just some nerd *** **** to say.. some people recently found out about this site

Didn't say that...

Have you been a fan since September 2007?????? You're join date says so....

I never said a join date determines the start of your fan-dom.

In my comment I said something along the lines of, "one could draw the conclusion that there a lot of Miami Heat bandwagon fans on here from their PSD join date."

Did I say that that was my opinion...no.

However, I do agree with Barkley...God forbid anyone question anything about the Heat. There are all of a sudden Heat fans everywhere you turn. Not saying all are bandwagon, but I will say that there's been a huge influx of bandwagon fans - not specifically saying ya'll. It was bound to happen.

effen5
06-21-2012, 03:14 PM
The Knicks are the last fanbase that would be accused of this. They have stuck with their teams no matter how bad. But is that really positive, or is it delusion at its finest? I don't mean that as an insult to the fan base, just saying that many people don't live and die with their sports teams. I mean, its just a sport afterall...

Knicks and bulls... NYC and Chi city lives and dies by their teams.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 03:18 PM
New York is the melting pot with tons of transplants. Our team was in the midst of a decade + playoff drought, the majority of people at that game were Kobe fans. And I was at LeBron's 52 point triple double, besides the intro he didn't get cheered like Kobe did. I have a ton of friends who are Kobe fans and not Knick fans. Either way that would never happen if we were even remotely good at the time.

How about Amare getting MVP chants in South Beach last year?

Everyone knows MIA has a horrible fan base. There were playoff games this year where the ESPN guys would say it was the quietest arena they have ever been in during the playoffs.

Miami got the big 3 and STILL had to lower ticket prices and create 'FAN UP' initiatives just to get people in the seats. THAN they had to send out flyers begging those who actually got tickets to show up on time.

haha fan up is good stuff my friend is the guy who does that crap.. yeah knick fans were all over the place but when kobe and lebron went off knick players were saying how exciting a week of getting whooped was.. it is what it is every city has this

avrpatsfan
06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
I knew no Heat fans before the decision. Now I know a fair amount of Heat fans. But that is to be expected. The same thing happenend with the Celtics in 2007.

It's impossible to not have bandwagon jumpers. With that being said, Heat fans seem to not be very good. They show up late to the games, don't cheer loudly, and a lot of them seem to go just to be seen. That doesn't mean all Heat fans are bad, it's just people in Florida in general. Just look at the Rays.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 03:21 PM
I think everyone in every city, state, COUNTRY in the world was a bulls fan when Jordan was playing

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
OKC IS LOUD !! but that's their excitment for the week.. we have girls, beaches, strip clubs that are whore houses, clubs that are open until 8 am.. im glad miami isnt one of these places where drugs, and sports are the only things you can do

GOON MUSIC
06-21-2012, 03:25 PM
I don't give a damn about the Heat, its all about LeBron James

metsfanssince05
06-21-2012, 03:25 PM
It's that evry year Knick fans swear to god that they have a contener.. I admit this city lacks REAL FANS but not all of us are like that.. Every city, state, and team has sucky fans like new york does at times.. you cheer on kobe and lebron for whooping that ***.. you boo a rookie because his name is ISIAH THOMAS lol you want to trade amar'e when he saved your team, you want to trade melo, you want to give lin the mvp award, fire the coach, the cheerleaders, the ball boys.. Every team has lame fans it's the way it is but not every fan is bandwagonof course every fan has those kinds of fans including my self, we have 3 all star players a great bench of course we could contend but the team lacks cemistry. I personally wish we trade Amare, although he brought us back to winning, the NBA is a sport if he is useless (lost his jumper, practically a 5 on 4 on defense he's so bad at defense) you have to get rid of him, its pathetic, sure he's a great offensive talent but he gives points right away. We should be a good team, top 4, we've been 8th and 7th seeds so far so fustration comes out and with fustration comes stupid words. And about the fan chants your right, I remember being at a Rangers game and they where chanting U-S-A when most the players are Canadian, Russian, Slovokian, etc... I admit we have a bipolar fan base wanting to trade Melo, Stat, chanting MVP for Lin and when Melo has a good game, but what could you say were a passionate large fanbase, we want to win, but were not.

Sorry for my grammer not being so good im on my phone so its REALLY annoying.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I knew no Heat fans before the decision. Now I know a fair amount of Heat fans. But that is to be expected. The same thing happenend with the Celtics in 2007.

It's impossible to not have bandwagon jumpers. With that being said, Heat fans seem to not be very good. They show up late to the games, don't cheer loudly, and a lot of them seem to go just to be seen. That doesn't mean all Heat fans are bad, it's just people in Florida in general. Just look at the Rays.

The loudness has improved a lot this postseason. Most announcers have made a note of it saying that the stadium is getting louder and louder. While it certainly may not match up with OKC, it isn't as awful as you make it out to be. Also, how could you draw from watching a tv game that the people only show up to be seen? And for that matter to be seen by who? You think people are shelling out over a thousand dollars for a ticket to maybe be on a jumbotron or something. That is ridiculous. There may be celebrities who show up to have a good time and enjoy the fame, but the average fan is going to the "just to be seen". Then you go on and try to soften your attacks on the fan base by just blaming it on people in Florida. You have got to be kidding me. And no I am not mad at all, just disappointed at the ignorance of some people.

kjoke
06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Pretty sure a lot of the die hards in other cities have nothing to do in the sheer horrible weather than watch basketball, there's plenty of heat fans, theres also plenty to do in Miami

sunsfan88
06-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm ok with bandwagon fans IF they admit it and aren't too ticky tacky....

For example if a Heat came out and said "I used to be a Rockets fan for the last 8 years but I love LeBron so when he joined Miami, I just became a Heat fan"

^^^I can respect that.

But I can't stand...

"Yea I used to be a Spurs fan then I became a Laker fan and now I'm a Heat fan..."

NYYCowboys
06-21-2012, 03:31 PM
I gotta agree with Chuck here. I'm sure they have some real fans, but a majority of their fans are front runners. When I was in Miami a few years ago when the team was decent I was able to walk right up to their arena and buy tickets. That would never ever happen in NY or any other place with real fans.

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 03:31 PM
I think everyone in every city, state, COUNTRY in the world was a bulls fan when Jordan was playing

dude dont go there. I said the same thing in one thread and a Bulls fan bit my head off.

EYDI819
06-21-2012, 03:32 PM
this is true. You know when you got real fans when you can still sellout games even without being a legit contender.

warriors!! :d

Kobe2324
of course they have some real fans, every team does but they dont seem to draw much of a crowd when they are losing so he might not be to far off with that comment....

Lakersfan2483
Why does Charles Barkley feel as if he is the foremost authority on who is a fan or not? He's an attention whore.

Slug3
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm ok with bandwagon fans IF they admit it and aren't too ticky tacky....

For example if a Heat came out and said "I used to be a Rockets fan for the last 8 years but I love LeBron so when he joined Miami, I just became a Heat fan"

^^^I can respect that.

But I can't stand...

"Yea I used to be a Spurs fan then I became a Laker fan and now I'm a Heat fan..."

LOL the fan that jumps on whoever is winning. I have a friend like that.

Slug3
06-21-2012, 03:40 PM
I gotta agree with Chuck here. I'm sure they have some real fans, but a majority of their fans are front runners. When I was in Miami a few years ago when the team was decent I was able to walk right up to their arena and buy tickets. That would never ever happen in NY or any other place with real fans.

It is hard to judge things like that though. I mean what does NY have like 8 million people or so in the city and Miami is at like 2.5 million? I could be wrong o nthe numbers, but thats almost 3 times more in NY than Miami. More people has to mean harder to get tickets for any event.

Rego247
06-21-2012, 03:41 PM
He's right.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 03:44 PM
It is hard to judge things like that though. I mean what does NY have like 8 million people or so in the city and Miami is at like 2.5 million? I could be wrong o nthe numbers, but thats almost 3 times more in NY than Miami. More people has to mean harder to get tickets for any event.

this

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 03:45 PM
dude dont go there. I said the same thing in one thread and a Bulls fan bit my head off.

it's the truth

MagicHero3
06-21-2012, 03:45 PM
i think Barkley is just a Heat hater (like the most of us). Therefore, he hates their fans. I can understand, but he's a pro analyst and needs to analyze the game more and the fans less.

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Barkleys mad because he doesnt have any fans left lol. On here there are a bunch of them, But every team has those. There not the best when it comes to supporting their team, but ofcourse they have die hard real fans.

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2012, 03:48 PM

Im lost at what your saying though? Ny has more people yes, but football is huge here so is baseball, Miami doesnt come out to the games a lot, But like I said that doesnt mean they dont have real fans

N3TS
06-21-2012, 03:50 PM

I couldn't agree with you more.

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Barkleys mad because he doesnt have any fans left lol.

Im a big Barkley fan.:hide:

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2012, 03:56 PM
The Chuckster spittin some truth

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Its true.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-21-2012, 04:02 PM
The Chuckster spittin some truth

Its true.

So in the whole world, there is not one "real" heat fan?

dalton749
06-21-2012, 04:08 PM
i agree with barkley. obviously they do have true fans or their wouldn't have been a team there but thats over shadowed by the band wagoners and the rich people who dont care about the game with floor seats which is probably more what hes referring to.

to the people saying everyone has them.
charlotte, new orleans, washington, toronto, detroit, golden state etc. band wagoners raise your hand

midwestmadman
06-21-2012, 04:10 PM
fans don't go to heat games for the dj thats just one of the dumbest things ive ever heard

Sure they do, I bet they have a few "Salsa" themed nights which are annual sell outs. They don't televise those games because I hear the "chemistry" between LeBron and Wade gets alittle "Too Hot" for TV! Meanwhile Bosh and Coach Spoelstra just seem to disappear into the locker room alone where no camera's are allowed. Draw up your own conclusions.

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 04:13 PM
I dont care what Barkley says, he just says controversial stuff to get attention.

Whats controversial about that? That arena looks half empty most of the time. You got people in Miami who say Miami isn't a good sports town.

BALLER71
06-21-2012, 04:15 PM

So a forum is the best way to measure fanbase loyalty? Jeez.

gotoHcarolina52
06-21-2012, 04:17 PM
We have a strong group of diehards, but sadly many of those fortunate enough to fill the lower bowl of AmericanAirlines Arena are the biggest frontrunners in this town. Most of them seldom appear engaged and are likely there just to be part of the "spectacle."

The upper deck tells a different story.

midwestmadman
06-21-2012, 04:18 PM

Yeah.... duhhh. It's an exact science.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-21-2012, 04:19 PM
We have a strong group of diehards, but sadly the vast majority of those fortunate enough to fill the lower bowl of AmericanAirlines Arena are the biggest frontrunners in this town. Most of them are hardly engaged and are likely there just to be part of the "spectacle."

The upper deck tells a different story.
Somewhat the truth.

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 04:23 PM
it's the truth

I know. I said Jordan brought more bandwagon fans than anybody ever and a Bulls fan flipped out on me. Thats all I was saying lol.

BALLER71
06-21-2012, 04:27 PM
What fans of other teams see in our arena are the rich people from various parts of Miami whoa aren't passionate fans but rather people who have enough money in their pocket. Obviously, there's nothing wrong with that but assuming all Heat fans are like that is foolish.

There are plenty of fans in this forum that have been riding since the PJ Brown, Zo, and Hardaway days or the days of Caron Butler, Eddie Jones, and Brian Grant.

CEasFiRe
06-21-2012, 04:31 PM
100% true, i dont see how anyone can deny it

BHF
06-21-2012, 04:38 PM
watch all 5 real heat fans get mad at him

RLundi
06-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Somewhat the truth.

Lol somewhat??

Nothing he said was inaccurate. The fact is the majority of fans in the lower bowl just seem disinterested in the game and just want to be seen so they can find a beautiful Cuban leech and take her home. I've been to plenty of Heat games and you can't talk loud enough because the entire arena can listen to your conversation- its that quiet.

Miami is a terrible, terrible sports town, one of the worst in FL on par with Jacksonville. Then again, all of FL is bad when it comes to sports.

Da Knicks
06-21-2012, 04:45 PM

Wrong knick fans didnt like him and still don't, beating his Bobcats to make them the sorriest franchise ever was so nice!!:clap:

Bornknick73
06-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Heat fans are like great fighters....they come along every 10-15 years.

They had no fans till Zo and Timmy were going against the Knicks. Then they had no fans again. Then they had fans when they got Shaq. Then they had no fans again. Now Lebron popped up and now theyre fans again.

Thats the epitome of fair weather fans. They are only a fan when the team is going good. When its not they are nowhere to be found. History proves it.

Real fans live and die with thier teams good or bad. Cubs fans are real fans. Mets fans are diehard fans. Sticking with your team when things are at thier worst shows who the real fans are.

Watch, in 5 years they will disappear again, and the AAA will be empty again.

Barkley was spot on, wether you like him or not.

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Sure they do, I bet they have a few "Salsa" themed nights which are annual sell outs. They don't televise those games because I hear the "chemistry" between LeBron and Wade gets alittle "Too Hot" for TV! Meanwhile Bosh and Coach Spoelstra just seem to disappear into the locker room alone where no camera's are allowed. Draw up your own conclusions.

we stopped salsa night because lebrons mom and norris cole were getting way 2 close..

Tonight we win the title and have salsa dancing all over south beach

IIISSKiLL
06-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Wrong knick fans didnt like him and still don't, beating his Bobcats to make them the sorriest franchise ever was so nice!!:clap:

a friend of mine just came back from NY and told me there are nothing but heat fans out there.. just saying

jam
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
That's what LeBron wanted: a low pressure environment where the fans don't give a rip.

Blazers#1Fan
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
very true i think theres maybe 5 true heat fan on PSD i know afew......did you know year prior to Lebron and bosh Miami heat had one of the lowest attendence ratings now look at that bandwagon i can admit i like the heat just cuz the big 3 but im not a heat fan like that

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 04:57 PM
lmao

popo85
06-21-2012, 05:01 PM
More people hate them now more then ever, just hope James gets his ring so they can stop being so obsessed with hating on him.

Da Knicks
06-21-2012, 05:03 PM
a friend of mine just came back from NY and told me there are nothing but heat fans out there.. just saying

Real Knick fans remain Knick fans no matter what, Hawkeye is even calling us delusional but thats fine. We dont change teams for anything, now how much people in new york are Knick fans that i dont know. There is a bunch of new fans that like a certain player but dont categorize them with the knick fans. Knick fan till i die:)

BALLER R
06-21-2012, 05:05 PM

Raptors :)

Bruno
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
cue all the HEAT fans who joined after July 2010...

"...it's not true bro, I joined on July 7th!" :laugh2:

all teams have fans who are front-runners.

Dade County
06-21-2012, 05:11 PM

ummm... maybe that particular fan base can afford to do that

maybe theirs nothing to do in that part of the country

and maybe ( The Big O is right "a radio station host in miami" ) ... He calls fans that by tickets of poorly run organization Dumb Consumers. If I remember correctly, he says if fans like that keep buying tickets, the ownership group will keep on taking that fan base MONEY, without really changing anything.

goose14741
06-21-2012, 05:15 PM
So why do they have one? they take out all the class and try and add all the flash

Agar81
06-21-2012, 05:20 PM

First time I've agreed with you.

smith&wesson
06-21-2012, 05:29 PM

+1 im with you

ill be celebrating as well. its time to cut the heat some slack. they are earning their respect. thats what playing hard and winning does.

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2012, 05:34 PM

Agreed

mrs rose
06-21-2012, 05:35 PM
this is crazy, EVERYONE has die hearts, and bandwagon fans. Sir charles needs to zip it, he hated on lebron for leaving cleveland before saying he should have been loyal now this... He needs to cut it out, thats why last season he got that treatment down in dade co

mark1125
06-21-2012, 05:41 PM

:clap:

meloman1592
06-21-2012, 05:42 PM
the warriors, knicks and kings have the realest fans

mark1125
06-21-2012, 05:44 PM
More people hate them now more then ever, just hope James gets his ring so they can stop being so obsessed with hating on him.

I think half of the haters don't even hate the Heat. They hate the bandwagon loudmouth Heat fans. I will admit that I am not a fan of LeBron, but I repsect him and if he gets his title......bravo. What I don't care for are all the punk *** bandwagon July 2010 "fans" who will talk so much crap like 'WE' did it!!! You mad?!?! I think it is fair to say that for every hater on PSD, there is a July 2010 ***** who fanned the flames. I wish I could fulsh the bandwagoners and the haters down the toilet.

goshhhjosh
06-21-2012, 05:47 PM

Never said that. Just saying that all of a sudden there were a lot more Heat fans after July 2010. I'm sure there are die hard Heat fans here on PSD, but then there are the one's who became Heat fans after Bosh, Wade, and James joined forces.

The goods
06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I hate bandwagon fans I hate the heat but I have mad respect for the heat fans that have been there longer than 2 years.
Their used to be more Cavs fans here but I guess they moved to Miami to, love your team no matter what and trust me I'm a Jacksonville jaguars fan through thick and thin.

TheIlladelph16
06-21-2012, 06:09 PM
There are bandwagon fans for the majority of sports teams when they begin to experience reasonable success. I think there are two reasons for that:

1. A casual or non-fan lives in a particular city, loves where they live and just gets caught up in the hype and euphoria of a championship contending team for your city. There really is nothing like it when your city's team is in a final... everything is more alive and you can just feel it in the air.

2. A casual or non-fan just enjoys watching good sports games and therefore follows the better teams.

The only time it becomes a problem is when they become high and mighty about it and talk ****. Those instances are why we have the facepalm haha. I really don't know if Miami fans in particular are bandwagon or fairweather fans. But there are always going to be those who latch on to success especially in major markets or those with superstar players.

ManRam
06-21-2012, 06:10 PM
There's been plenty of baiting in this thread and this topic has been beating to death.

Thank you, Charles...

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2012, 06:10 PM
:laugh2: