PDA

View Full Version : ESPNNY: Steve Nash Would 'Definitely Consider' Playing For Knicks

JordansBulls
06-21-2012, 01:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/20985/nash-would-definitely-consider-knicks

Steve Nash expressed interest in signing with the Knicks when he becomes a free agent July 1.

"The Knicks are a great franchise and I live in New York City (each summer), so I'd definitely consider them if they were interested," Nash said.

Nash will explore all of his options in free agency.

"I want to wait and see what's actually on the table," he said. "I'm open and excited. I'm looking at every possibility right now. It sounds like there are a number of teams that are interested."

RLundi
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Well I mean, he's not gonna say no.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Certainly breaking news.

roshan3ai
06-21-2012, 01:46 PM
That would be awesome. Not gonna get my hopes up though.

Federal Reserve
06-21-2012, 01:49 PM
This is very old news. The Knicks have signed Lin and will likely not sign Nash. I would appreciate it if you removed this to avoid stirring up a heated debate that eventually spiral into a Knicks vs. all battle.

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 01:49 PM
That would be awesome. Not gonna get my hopes up though.

Congrats Knicks fans,you just won the NBA championship.:rolleyes:

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
This is very old news. The Knicks have signed Lin and will likely not sign Nash. I would appreciate it if you removed this to avoid stirring up a heated debate that eventually spiral into a Knicks vs. all battle.

:laugh:So true.

milominderbinde
06-21-2012, 01:56 PM

No such luck yet.

knicks4life33
06-21-2012, 01:59 PM

The knicks havent signed lin yet and the knicks could actually sign lin and nash if we win the hearing so how about you remove your comment when you dont know the facts

SlimKid
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
For what it's worth:

"One confidant of Steve Nash doubts the star point guard will truly give the Knicks any consideration even if they have their $5 millon mid- level exception, despite his remarks at a promotional appearance with Walt Frazier yesterday."

"The confidant said Nash doesn’t really believe the Knicks are close enough to a title to take less money and didn’t like how former coach Mike D’Antoni, his buddy from Phoenix, was treated. Nash will get offers for more than $5 million, especially from Phoenix." New York Post

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
if nash is going to take less money for any team, its miami imo.

Lakers + Giants
06-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Lakers please :pray:

nicegoing
06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I think Nash will be an overrated free agent. He had a good season last year, but a team that overspends to get him (so likely NOT a contender) should be careful what they pay for.

I wonder how Nash and Carmelo Anthony would play together, if it would be a success or not.

StinkEye
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
OMG I can't wait til he considers it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is silly.

celtNYpatsHeels
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_not_likely_on_nash_radar_ixlcbZs2LadLVgjg2d kFcL?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

This is a New York Post article that suggests the complete opposite.

Federal Reserve
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_not_likely_on_nash_radar_ixlcbZs2LadLVgjg2d kFcL?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

This is a New York Post article that suggests the complete opposite.

ESPN gains revenue and attention by posting links to articles that people will most likely click on. It's no secret that attracting the New York crowd goes a long way in advertising.

Dankster
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
He's worth a LOT more than the MLE, especially if he's looking for a 3 year contract I'd imagine some team out there will offer around 10 mil per year. The guy deserves it, he's a true winner and his game hasn't deteriorated in the slightest since his MVP campaigns (just has a crappier team around him now.)

The guy would do wonders in NY; the Knicks wouldn't ever have to worry about complacency on the offensive end with a maestro of his caliber running the PG position. I'd even go so far as to state Stat would be back to his All Star form as he needs someone creating opportunities for him- he can't be put in ISO settings and expected to succeed in that manner, his game isn't built like that.

That being said, I'd say the Knicks probably have no better than a 10-20% shot to get this guy and it's pretty much because many other teams will be able to outbid for his services.

njnets
06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
that would be a terrible defensive lineup. but that offense would be unstoppable at moments.

J-Relo
06-21-2012, 04:10 PM
the real question is why does he live in New York every summer?

StarvingKnick22
06-21-2012, 04:20 PM
great why dont everybody come to the Knicks so more people can HATE us :mad:

Missing56&33
06-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Would be great for Amar'e if Nash came to NY but we have to get final approval from Carmelo....that may be a problem. :eyebrow:

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
they dont need nash, they need to trade melo and lin for deron and wallace, now that would be a contender

deron
allen
wallace
amare
chandler

wow

StarvingKnick22
06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
they dont need nash, they need to trade melo and lin for deron and wallace, now that would be a contender

deron
allen
wallace
amare
chandler

wow
yeah Wow, because that doesnt help us at all. Leave to the average Heat fan who hate us badly, to give us a bad trade idea:facepalm:

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 06:30 PM
yeah Wow, because that doesnt help us at all. Leave to the average Heat fan who hate us badly, to give us a bad trade idea:facepalm:

lol, that team has a much better chance at beating miami than the current team imo

Kashmir13579
06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Nash and 'Melo has the potential to be the most redundant pairing ever. What is Nash's role in this? Throw 'Melo textbook entry-passes while he sizes up his man for 12 seconds?

D'antoni and 'Melo went to war... 'Melo won.. 'Melo-ball is where the Knicks are headed unless Lin can play well-enough to turn 'Melo into a pariah again.

meloman1592
06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
lol, that team has a much better chance at beating miami than the current team imo

That team isn't beating Miami and you know it. Adding Nash, and bringing back our core gives us a better chance. Not happening though

JC_
06-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Don't do it Steve!

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
That team isn't beating Miami and you know it. Adding Nash, and bringing back our core gives us a better chance. Not happening though

Didnt say it would, just said that team has better chacne at beating miami than the current squad.

wallace is a great perimiter defender.
chandler is a top 3 center
amare is whatever
dwill is a top 3 PG
allen is a heat killer and will be healthy next year.

i actually think allen is coming to miami next season

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 07:57 PM
yea and the heat should trade lebron and bosh for rudy gay and zack randolph:facepalm: worry about your own team homie melo aint goin anywhere

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 08:18 PM
yea and the heat should trade lebron and bosh for rudy gay and zack randolph:facepalm: worry about your own team homie melo aint goin anywhere

i hope he doesnt

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:23 PM

Lin is not signed.................so this is still news. Especially since Lin should be a backup PG.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 08:25 PM
lin will be signed, mainly because he is a cash making machine

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:27 PM
lin will be signed, mainly because he is a chas making machine

I agree, but seeing as Bibby was their primary come playoff times I think a legitimate PG on that roster might be good. Especailly one who makes everyone around him better.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 08:29 PM
i know everybody is saying we will resign lin but if nash says he'd play with us for the mle just don't be surprised if that happens

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
i know everybody is saying we will resign lin but if nash says he'd play with us for the mle just don't be surprised if that happens

Exactly. Let the Lin hype die down a little bit and let him play backup behind a true PG so he can learn some things. He made a couple nice plays this past year but he made a lot of mistakes too. Nothing wrong with sitting behind nash. Look at Dragic now, he has improved drastically from when he first joined the Suns.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 08:40 PM

not a chance dolan will take nash over lin. thats not happening

dolan doesnt care about winning, he cares about making money and lin makes him a lot more than nash

lakersfan01
06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Funny how nobody wants to play with Kobeme Bryant lol

ModernDaySavage
06-21-2012, 09:23 PM

Seriously you think that trade would not help you at all? Give me a break, and you facepalmed him on top of it.

Deron>Melo
Wallace>>>>>Lin

What am I missing?

mark1125
06-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Nash------"The Decision part deux" ;)

Kashmir13579
06-21-2012, 09:29 PM

And because he can flat-out ball.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Seriously you think that trade would not help you at all? Give me a break, and you facepalmed him on top of it.

Deron>Melo
Wallace>>>>>Lin

What am I missing?
:facepalm: the same deron williams that hasn't got his team out of the draft lottery the past 2 season son keep dreaming

AntiG
06-21-2012, 09:49 PM

only if he's willing to stay with the Knicks for less money than the open market can offer. If the Nets lose Deron, you can almost guarantee Lin will be playing in Brooklyn due to the Nets' ability to offer him more than a MLE.

meloman1592
06-21-2012, 10:03 PM

Deron>Melo
Wallace>>>>>Lin

What am I missing?

At 2k maybe

Kashmir13579
06-21-2012, 10:12 PM
:facepalm: the same deron williams that hasn't got his team out of the draft lottery the past 2 season son keep dreaming

If 'Melo was their lead guy they'd be worse. Take a look at those rosters.

meloman1592
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM
If 'Melo was their lead guy they'd be worse. Take a look at those rosters.

all these ifs...Deron hasn't done anything point blank

Tmath
06-21-2012, 10:15 PM
According to an insider his list is down to 3 teams

Phoenix, Portland & Toronto, Toronto being the front runner.

Kashmir13579
06-21-2012, 10:16 PM
all these ifs...Deron hasn't done anything point blank

Well, he's done about as much as 'Melo and has a greater statistical impact on his teams. Plus he isn't a black-hole. I'd give Dwill the edge without thinking twice.

Kashmir13579
06-21-2012, 10:18 PM
And just to think, if we didn't bid against ourselves for 'Melo there is a decent chance Deron lands with us. Tis a shame. Deron Williams + shooters + D'antoni = 60 win seasons and mediocre defense.

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 12:04 AM
a pg impacts the game more then a sf look at cp3 when he played for the hornets at the very least he still shoud have done better then he has done dwill is overrated but still a top 5 pg in this league and at the end of this year our roster was just as bad as the nets no amare no lin and melo put our team on his back black hole or not and got us in the playoffs dwill<melo and its not even close

JordansBulls
06-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Nash should go to Chicago or NY, don't see why he would want Toronto.

StarvingKnick22
06-27-2012, 09:09 PM
i'll have Jason Kidd and chucky beaver Felton over Nash and his needs

NYman15
06-27-2012, 09:09 PM
I would really love to see Nash on the Knicks. I'm a Knick fan so I'm biased, but I think he gives the Knicks the best shot at making all of their players fit together. I would also love to see how Melo could do with Nash at PG. He's played with other top PG's before with AI and Chauncey Billups and has been successful, but I'd love to see how he and Nash would mesh.