PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat close to signing a Tv deal worth up to 100m per yr...

mjm07
06-21-2012, 01:25 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19392963/report-miami-heat-to-ink-potential-100m-per-year-tv-deal

"Sources familiar with the negotiations, but who do not have permission to speak about them publicly, peg the value of the long-term deal between $80 million and $100 million a year with Fox Sports Florida. Although the Heat's new deal will only be about half the amount Los Angeles Lakers are going to get from Time Warner Cable, it will still generate at least over four times the revenue the team currently rakes in. "

Damn, the Lakers deal is no joke. This will greatly help the HEAT with luxury cap penalties moving forward. CHA-CHING!!!! :clap::clap:

Discuss...

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 01:28 PM
More free agents for Miami.=more championships

utl768
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
hopefully they stay on sun sports with the same announcers and everything

mjm07
06-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Announcers should stay the same. Per the article, the deal was offered from Fox Sports Florida.

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 01:33 PM
damn think about it, today could possibly be a great day for the Heat organization, and their fan base. They could potentially sign a HUGE new TV deal that will allow them to stay over luxury, and win the NBA championship. Talk about swag.

:cool:

xfyre
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
what will the tv deal be about? just the games or like inside looks and stuff

Dade County
06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Great news for the HEAT and it's fans.

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
what will the tv deal be about? just the games or like inside looks and stuff

If I am Fox Sports Florida and I am about to commit to a deal where I am paying somebody about $100 million/year, I would want to be able to broadcast just about anything I wanted. I dont care if it is the Heat. The Heat need this deal so they can stay over the luxury. So if Fox Sports Florida knows anything about negotiations, then it should be inside stuff.

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
the way the salary cap penalties are structured now, its incredibly expensive for teams to be way over the cap. Repeat offenders could pay up to 300% luxury tax over salary cap.

TV contract is where the teams make money.

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers have the Biggest TV Deal.

think of it this way. The Portland Trailblazers, great fans, nice city... but their TV deal is on 10% of what the Lakers make.

Pat Thetic
06-21-2012, 01:52 PM
FoxSports is going to be bummed out when the Heat are terrible in five years...

Giannis94
06-21-2012, 01:55 PM

no, because as long as the nba is the nba there will still only be 6 teams and a toal of 8 that matter.

Lakers + Giants
06-21-2012, 02:03 PM
You know what sucks I think the heat have to share the money from that deal with all other NBA teams. Part of the Revenue Sharing under the new CBA. I could be wrong but that's what many said about the lakers massive deal.

TylerSL
06-21-2012, 02:04 PM

ok

Chacarron
06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
You know what sucks I think the heat have to share the money from that deal with all other NBA teams. Part of the Revenue Sharing under the new CBA. I could be wrong but that's what many said about the lakers massive deal.

Hopefully this means the Lakers have to share less revenue, and Jim Buss can stop worrying about his money.

StarvingKnick22
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
:facepalm: why should this be important to non-heat fans?

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 03:54 PM

how does that suck? miami gets to keep all their players and pay that crazy tax bill upcoming, and the bead teams get to make some extra cash, win win for everyone...better than no one getting anything

mjm07
06-21-2012, 04:10 PM

Thats a MLB provision not NBA, if i'm not mistaken. Yankees don't give a % to anyone with the 300 million + in revenues they incur every yr b/c of the YES network. Same goes for the Mets, Rangers, Angels, etc etc etc.

Lakers shouldn't either. You think if the Bobcats get a major TV deal they'd want to share that with the like of the Lakers, HEAT, Celtics. Negative.

mjm07
06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
:facepalm: why should this be important to non-heat fans?

Definitely more important than all the hate threads that are created every hour on the hour. If you don't like don't post.

One...

Lakers + Giants
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
how does that suck? miami gets to keep all their players and pay that crazy tax bill upcoming, and the bead teams get to make some extra cash, win win for everyone...better than no one getting anything

I meant it sucks for lakers and heat if they do have to share. It should just be their money. Money shouldn't be given out to horrible teams and greedy *** owners. Basically the bad teams and owners feed off of the better teams and owners. . Those teams earned and deserve that money. It shouldn't be shared.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I meant it sucks for lakers and heat if they do have to share. It should just be their money. Money shouldn't be given out to horrible teams and greedy *** owners. Basically the bad teams and owners feed off of the better teams and owners. . Those teams earned and deserve that money. It shouldn't be shared.
i agree with that, but small market owners are little *****es.

Rain City
06-21-2012, 04:55 PM

They better have to share the $, this deal already kills the interest of all the other teams which hurts everyone in the end.

THe NBA is getting stupid, notice how every decent NBA name considering changing teams is choosing between MIA, NY or an LA team.... CHi, Dallas and maybe boston also get some love but the rest of the teams have hardly any interest.

RaiderLakersA's
06-21-2012, 07:11 PM
They better have to share the $, this deal already kills the interest of all the other teams which hurts everyone in the end.

THe NBA is getting stupid, notice how every decent NBA name considering changing teams is choosing between MIA, NY or an LA team.... CHi, Dallas and maybe boston also get some love but the rest of the teams have hardly any interest.

True. The NBA is rapidly turning into one of those sports that you only watch because there is no NFL.

bigsams50
06-21-2012, 07:37 PM
i agree with that, but small market owners are little *****es.

How are they *****es? Small Market teams have to overpay to keep their FA's, because everyone wants to play in a big market. Its easy to be a fan of a big market team and dog the small market teams, yall have players lining up to play for yall. Its why the NBA sucks outside of like 5 teams.

JLynn943
06-21-2012, 08:36 PM
How are they *****es? Small Market teams have to overpay to keep their FA's, because everyone wants to play in a big market. Its easy to be a fan of a big market team and dog the small market teams, yall have players lining up to play for yall. Its why the NBA sucks outside of like 5 teams.

Exactly. If a small market team doesn't draft extremely well, they're screwed.