PDA

View Full Version : MLB Network to Canada?

lmallia
06-21-2012, 12:45 AM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/article/1214497--rogers-wants-to-bring-mlb-network-to-canada

Not sure if this is thread worthy to some people, but I have been cheering for this day since it was put in the US. I think it could only help enhance the support for baseball (Blue Jays) across Canada.

Can't wait!

Sanyo
06-21-2012, 01:25 AM
*wink wink* a way for Rogers to put some Jays games on there to force more people to order the channel *Wink wink*.

StealingSigns
06-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Rogers is certainly paying attention to their baseball property. This is a good thing for Jays fans.

Rogers has reported increased ratings this year for Blue Jays’ games — particularly in the prized 18-35 demographic — and the team has seen a boost in ticket sales as well, which were both factors in Rogers’ decision regarding the MLB Network, Purdy said.

I know we all bash Rogers from time to time (hell, look what I did a few months ago (remember this? http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=674274). Anyways, I see this as a good thing. Rogers could very well have gone the route of Interbrew SA, the previous owners of the Jays. Instead, (and surprisingly in the wake of Ted Rogers death) they see the value of the Jays and the sport in general as they expand their brand.

This is a good thing.

wagnall
06-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Sure it may be good for Rogers, but forget that, its a great idea for the Jays fans and hopefully more fans across Canada. More the better.

lmallia
06-21-2012, 07:22 PM
*wink wink* a way for Rogers to put some Jays games on there to force more people to order the channel *Wink wink*.

Pretty sure they cant control content at all.. It's like the NFL Network here..

JaysFan87
06-21-2012, 08:54 PM

umm....no. way off.

nithanyo
06-21-2012, 09:23 PM
For blue jays fans it doesnt make much of a diff. RSN has all blue jays games. If youre a baseball fan you still get games on off days like today where they are showing the Red Sox v Marlins game.

Its basically for the die hard baseball fans who need to watch that game between the padres and Astros

nirvana235
06-21-2012, 10:34 PM
MLB network sucks... so what's the point?

bomber0104
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
For blue jays fans it doesnt make much of a diff. RSN has all blue jays games. If youre a baseball fan you still get games on off days like today where they are showing the Red Sox v Marlins game.

Its basically for the die hard baseball fans who need to watch that game between the padres and Astros

I would only watch it for the highlight show...

craigerlee
06-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I'd probably give this channel a chance, I like their draft coverage that they provide for free and I don't mind Peter Gammons at all. Plus they get all the major press conferences. Obviously I'd turn it off as soon as Harold Reynolds or Al Leiter came on, but they have some alright talent and alright shows.

AA09-?
06-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I'd watch the odd special/highlight show, that's about it.

FlakeyFool
06-26-2012, 03:27 PM
now I can watch padres vs rockies yay!