PDA

View Full Version : Sixers to pursue Ryan Anderson

MagicBucsSox
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/who_wants_ryan_anderson/11055188

Corey
06-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Makes sense.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Would be a nice addition for them. I like Anderson and think he will be a solid player for quite some time.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-20-2012, 11:50 PM
First of all, Orlando will match.

Second, your source is yardbarker.

DaSeba5
06-20-2012, 11:50 PM
That would be a good move by the Sixers, but it's hard to see Orlando letting one of their best players go.

Swashcuff
06-21-2012, 12:28 AM
If thereis any sort of truth to this I would welcome Anderson in a 76ers uniform... Chances are however is that he's remaining in Orlando.

sjbirds
06-21-2012, 12:33 AM
First of all, Orlando will match.

Second, your source is yardbarker. guess u didn't read it cause he took stuff from a philly beat writer

LTBaByyy
06-21-2012, 12:36 AM
They better not sign Hawes if they sign Anderson haha

That would be the most non athletic PF-C duo in the world

They both would also be on the perimeter the whole game

sixer04fan
06-21-2012, 12:48 AM
The article literally says nothing about the Sixers pursuing Anderson. Bob Cooney, a Philly beat writer, suggests that Anderson could make sense for the Sixers. But the article it links to is a report on Lou Williams opting out. And the quote in the article is about whether not the Sixers will amnesty Brand.

How you extrapolate that to "Sixers to pursue Ryan Anderson" is beyond me. The most suggestive sentence in the entire article says that "Philadelphia has emerged as a potential team interested in Anderson." A potential team interested in Anderson... Because a lowly beat writer suggests that he might be a target based off his own opinion... Solid reporting right there haha. But I guess that's how half these rumors get started anyway.

Yardbarker is a joke.

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 12:49 AM
I like Anderson but for some reason this seems very "meh" to me.

LTBaByyy
06-21-2012, 12:52 AM
I honestly think he wouldn't be good with Howard gone

YouAreSoWrong
06-21-2012, 01:05 AM
I honestly think he wouldn't be good with Howard gone

This.

Totally dismissing Orlandos offensive mentality and the fact that he was able to play the outside and crash the boards because he had the best Center in the game on his team. Sixers dont need this guy, they need to shed cap, and go after a legitimate talent...not a guy who suddenly became very productive.

Would much rather let Lou and Spence go, not sign anderson, and use that money to go heavy after a guy like Hibbert

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 02:40 AM
This.

Totally dismissing Orlandos offensive mentality and the fact that he was able to play the outside and crash the boards because he had the best Center in the game on his team. Sixers dont need this guy, they need to shed cap, and go after a legitimate talent...not a guy who suddenly became very productive.

Would much rather let Lou and Spence go, not sign anderson, and use that money to go heavy after a guy like Hibbert

Aside from the playoffs he's been rather productive without dwight iirc.

jerryred
06-21-2012, 02:44 AM
i dont see them losing Dwight and Ryan, they need to keep one of those players

KingPosey
06-21-2012, 02:59 AM
I hate yardbarker. You click on the link. Then you click on the article. Then it goes to another page half the time in which you click on a picture of the page of the article. Then it brings you to the first 3 sentences of the article and you have to click to read the full article.

I understand there is some connection between PSD and YB.com, but ****, make it easy for people to get the news.

KingPosey
06-21-2012, 03:02 AM
As a Kings fan, I know Hawes just showed up to play for the 1st time in his career last year, but they have pretty similar skill sets.

Soft bigs that take jumpers, play away from the basket facing it, and have touch. RA has more range, SH passes better. I really dont trust either, or see the need to chase for another when you can retain one.

Not too mention you will never know when/if they will decide to rebound the ball. Maybe 15 boards, and you might get none. Literally.

Raph12
06-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Orlando will match, nothing else needs to be said.

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 03:13 AM
As a Kings fan, I know Hawes just showed up to play for the 1st time in his career last year, but they have pretty similar skill sets.

Soft bigs that take jumpers, play away from the basket facing it, and have touch. RA has more range, SH passes better. I really dont trust either, or see the need to chase for another when you can retain one.

Not too mention you will never know when/if they will decide to rebound the ball. Maybe 15 boards, and you might get none. Literally.

Anderson is way better than Hawes.

sunsfan88
06-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Philly can instead take Frye from us....

Channing Frye = black Ryan Anderson

MagicBucsSox
06-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Philly can instead take Frye from us....

Channing Frye = black Ryan Anderson

Frye can't rebound even a lil bit

sunsfan88
06-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Frye can't rebound even a lil bit

Ok but he's still a better rebounder than Ryan Anderson....

Frye averaged 6 boards a game this season and Anderson put up 5 boards a game....

Frye has a career average of 5 boards a game and Anderson has....4.

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Yardbarker enough said.

Jint.
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Ryan Anderson > Kendall Gill

Swashcuff
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Frye averaged 6 boards a game this season and Anderson put up 5 boards a game....

:confused:

Anderson averaged near 8 rpg this past season. Anderson is a better rebounder than Frye.

Rivera
06-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I love anderson but i think hes really overratted people think hes pretty good and hes no better than average

Hes a stand still jumpshooter with decent rebounding ability. Thats it.

Personally as a magic fan i hope he signs somewhere else and he doesnt match. Magic need to completley overhaul there roster

rapjuicer06
06-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Could there be a S&T in Anderson's future? Maybe for saaaaaay Turner? :D

kenzo400
06-21-2012, 01:17 PM
They better not sign Hawes if they sign Anderson haha

That would be the most non athletic PF-C duo in the world

They both would also be on the perimeter the whole game

Lol, i kind of wish they did sign both. Just for curiosity reasons. I can't even imagine that team. The defense the opposing teams would play would be hilarious. Come to think of it, it might not be such a bad idea seeing as how Philly has good driving guards (Lou Williams (if signed) Holiday, Turner)

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Could there be a S&T in Anderson's future? Maybe for saaaaaay Turner? :D

I doubt Turner,but maybe a sign n trade for Lou Williams.

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM

Anderson has a higher per 36 rebound numbers than Hawes.

rapjuicer06
06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
I doubt Turner,but maybe a sign n trade for Lou Williams.

Quite possible. It'd depend on how badly the 76ers wanted Anderson. Either way, it's going to be them having to get Anderson from us, and if we don't want Lou (which I don't, can't say the same obviously for the Magic) then I put it on Turner to get back from Anderson. Otherwise the 76ers are going to have to vastly overpay for Anderson as to paying cheaper and trading with us to snag him

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 04:16 PM
I really hope they get him and making leaving an easier choice for Dwight.

Korman12
06-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah, nothing much coming from Sixers' news surrounding Anderson.

sunsfan88
06-22-2012, 02:32 AM
:confused:

Anderson averaged near 8 rpg this past season. Anderson is a better rebounder than Frye.
Yea because he played with Dwight. I'm sure Frye would put up similar numbers playing alongside Dwight...

Point is, their both only good if there is a legit big man on the team. Frye was good with A'mare....Anderson was good with Dwight....Frye sucks without A'mare....Anderson is gonna suck without Dwight.

Anderson has a higher per 36 rebound numbers than Hawes.

Hawes? We comparing Ryno & Frye here bro :D

b@llhog24
06-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Yea because he played with Dwight. I'm sure Frye would put up similar numbers playing alongside Dwight...
That kind off hurts your case because 1) Wouldn't playing with the best rebounder hurt your totals? 2) He rebounds well without Dwight anyways.

Point is, their both only good if there is a legit big man on the team. Frye was good with A'mare....Anderson was good with Dwight....Frye sucks without A'mare....Anderson is gonna suck without Dwight.

Amare never averaged 10 boards despite player in a faster paced offense than Dwight.

Typo. :o But regardless the point still stands.

KingPosey
06-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Anderson is way better than Hawes.

why because of last season? Let Hawes play off Dwight and his numbers will increase. Hes better, but not enough to make any real difference. Dont let his flashy numbers fool you into thinking hes a real game changer.

MadBomber
06-22-2012, 03:48 AM
I would be surprised if they lose Ryan, he's solid!

b@llhog24
06-22-2012, 03:48 AM
why because of last season? Let Hawes play off Dwight and his numbers will increase. Hes better, but not enough to make any real difference. Dont let his flashy numbers fool you into thinking hes a real game changer.

Check please.

sunsfan88
06-22-2012, 04:22 AM
That kind off hurts your case because 1) Wouldn't playing with the best rebounder hurt your totals? 2) He rebounds well without Dwight anyways.

Amare never averaged 10 boards despite player in a faster paced offense than Dwight.

Typo. :o But regardless the point still stands.
No because Dwight is very good at boxing out. A'mare isn't even close to Dwight in terms of boxing out.

Therefore, Anderson gets easier opportunities.

My bottom line is: Frye and Anderson aren't much different when it comes to rebounding. Neither is far better than the other. But overall, I think Frye is a bit better but again even in terms of overall, neither is much better than the other. It's just a matter of opinion.

KingPosey
06-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Check please.

slightly better and "way better", as you put it, are two entierly different things. But go ahead and give yourself a "check" whatever that means.

Give up a bunch for a guy that wont get you enough extra wins to warrant what you give up for him. Advanced statistics for this past season will show how close they are, even with Hawes being injured.

Swashcuff
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM

So let me get this right first you said that Anderson averaged less rebounds than Frye and when proven that it was wrong you say that the only reason he averaged more rebounds per game than Frye was because he played alongside one of the greatest rebounders of all time grabbing almost every board he could have inside? :confused:

Do you own a crystal ball or something because from all indications this past regular season Ryan Anderson was better offensively and rebounding the basketball when Dwight was OFF the court than when Dwight was on. So this notion that he's going to suck without Dwight really has no merit. And honestly Frye was never as good as Anderson is now without or without Amar'e.

Swashcuff
06-22-2012, 09:09 AM
No because Dwight is very good at boxing out. A'mare isn't even close to Dwight in terms of boxing out.

Therefore, Anderson gets easier opportunities.

My bottom line is: Frye and Anderson aren't much different when it comes to rebounding. Neither is far better than the other. But overall, I think Frye is a bit better but again even in terms of overall, neither is much better than the other. It's just a matter of opinion.

So why Anderson averaged better than 9 rebounds per game during the regular season without Dwight who was doing the boxing out for him then? Big Baby?