PDA

View Full Version : In What Ways Can Durant Improve On His Game & How Does OKC Evolve From Here On Out?

MetroMan
06-20-2012, 11:21 PM
I think durant should develop a dirk post fade. second he should gain some weight, 20 more pounds should not hurt.

As for harden choking....well he is 22. at first he was not getting the looks but when he did, he froze.

Ibaka.... I do not like ibaka. he can not shoot and insists on shooting a 20 footer every time the ball is in his hands.... he should focus on rebounds. he sucks at it, surprising because he can jump so high for a block.

Perkins was like a magician... now you see him....now you don't. he sucks.

Ibaka & Perkins played like crap... very disappointed in those two. they defended the paint terribly. I give harden a pass. Yes, I know ibaka is 22 but damn it, grab a freakn rebound.

I say OKC should sign steve nash and move westy to SG/ PG(when nash sits) I am not sure how this will work because westy needs the ball in his hands. I like KG to be signed but only if its this years kg not the kg from before last year.

OKC has a lot of crap players. they have no battier to play excellent D and hit 3's. they have thabo and he cant throw a rock in the pacific ocean.

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 11:24 PM
put some muscle on that frame, lebron is having his way with durant

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 11:28 PM
I honestly think he needs to learn to create his own shot. He is a good spot shooter, but he doesn't have a turn around fade like Kobe did. A shot like that is hard to defend and will allow him to be a little bit more productive in the offense. Also needs to work on rebounding. The Finals have showed he has a couple things he can improve upon.

Corey
06-20-2012, 11:30 PM
put some muscle on that frame, lebron is having his way with durant

I dont disagree, but Lebron has been having his way with everyone.

njnets
06-20-2012, 11:43 PM
he needs to put on some LBs. he has been getting pushed around. the defenders, battier and james, have been making him get the ball in spots where he does not want it. he cant hold his own when he posts up/asks for the ball.

ThunderousDemon
06-20-2012, 11:52 PM
He needs to grow an afro and goatee.

Ezio
06-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Bulk up.

thephoenixson28
06-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Muscles

Yanks All Day
06-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Kevin Durant is far from a complete player, despite what the media wants people to believe, but the good thing is he's still extremely young and will improve. Right now, he's just a ridiculously efficient scoring machine.

Like everyone has said, put on some muscle. LeBron is just pushing him off his spots and making him exert all kinds of energy just to get off a clean shot. That should be priority number 1. That extra muscle should also help develop at least a semblance of a post move and make a turn around jumper around the paint a lot easier.

But also, you can see he's not a refined defender yet. He takes stupid fouls, ala fouling LeBron on a fast break in the 1st quarter, and swipes down at the ball a lot. He might be a superstar, but he's not known as a great defender, and is not going to get the benefit of the doubt with those until he proves he can actually play defense. LeBron gets the benefit of the doubt on calls because referees know he is one of, if not the, best defender in the league and more often than not makes a great play on the ball.

Finally, how can a guy with a 7'4 wing span grab 2 rebounds in an NBA Finals game? It is not acceptable. Guys that long can accidentally grab 5 rebounds a game at the very least. He does not show a consistent effort on anything except scoring. Passing, defense, and rebounding are also part of the game, and he has yet to master them. That's what separates him from LeBron, and that's where he has to improve.

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Passing Game, Defense, Post Game, maybe a little more Ball handling to reduce his turnovers. Funny thing is he will.

majmarcus
06-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Durants problem TO ME is that he very much wants it. But he doesnt demand it. His talent is quite apparent & his skills are undeniable. I get the fact that he's chill & laid back and theres nothing wrong with that at all. However, in terms of "Take Charge attitude"...the guy needs to get on that. Russ Westbrook has more of it than he does and thats not quite right to me.

That is all

Davidgta1
06-21-2012, 07:29 AM
All he has to do is play like Kobe dont ask for the ball DEMAND FOR THE BALL.

vgjhyuituyu
06-21-2012, 07:48 AM
welcome to: http://www.netetrader.com

The website wholesale for many kinds of
fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://www.mineokmalls.com

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

http://www.netetrader.com

seikou8
06-21-2012, 08:15 AM
All he has to do is play like Kobe dont ask for the ball DEMAND FOR THE BALL.

this and work on his defense

Carey
06-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Get stronger..it's really that simple. He needs to have the ability to 1. absorb contact 2. not get pushed off his spots. When he does that idk how you guard him and it will also help his defense because he wont have apprehension about using his body more on that end.

daleja424
06-21-2012, 10:43 AM
not sure there is much he can improve on. He is a great ball handler, slasher, and shooter.

He could get stronger I guess... but thats about it.

You cant teach someone to make the right pass IMO...and that is the biggest weakness in his game. "Making the right play" is a mentality...

koreancabbage
06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
I think Durant is pulling a Lebron on a lesser extent. totally disappearing.

I don't know about you guys but I never even heard of Durant's name in most of the gameplay in game 4 in the 4th quarter

daboywonder2002
06-21-2012, 12:35 PM
how many years now have people been telling durant to put on muscle? maybe thats just how his body frame is. he's probably in that reggie miller/tayshaun prince type mold.

KingPosey
06-21-2012, 01:00 PM
OKC has some overrated players, but they are still deeper every which way than Miami.

KingPosey
06-21-2012, 01:01 PM
how many years now have people been telling durant to put on muscle? maybe thats just how his body frame is. he's probably in that reggie miller/tayshaun prince type mold.

He can still add muscle. Its the law of thermodynamics. No one is forced to be a certain weight no matter what they do.

sep11ie
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM
He should stop hugging and kissing that heavy set woman before and after every game. That would add about 3ppg.

BigBlueCrew
06-21-2012, 01:28 PM
He's gotta learn to work the officials better. As much as people are gonna roll their eyes after reading that statement. That is one half of the battle in the NBA, like it or not. He'll get better at it with experience.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 01:29 PM
life some freaking weights. Seriously. He must if he wants to become IT.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
to expand on him getting bigger and stronger, you see now that he can not free himself against strong, physical defenders alone. The real studs must be able to do that.

Carey
06-21-2012, 01:34 PM
life some freaking weights. Seriously. He must if he wants to become IT.

It's not because of lack of effort, trainers say its tough because he cant keep weight on, they've tried alot of different things but once he gets into the summer flow of playing he takes the weight right back off. And he does lift, trust me, he's alot stronger then he was when he came in, just needs to take the next step.

Kamikrazy
06-21-2012, 01:46 PM
He's gotta learn to work the officials better. As much as people are gonna roll their eyes after reading that statement. That is one half of the battle in the NBA, like it or not. He'll get better at it with experience.

This!

He isn't the greatest at selling the foul. He should learn from Dwayne Wade on how to get the patented Dwayne Wade scream and get a foul call down.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
It's not because of lack of effort, trainers say its tough because he cant keep weight on, they've tried alot of different things but once he gets into the summer flow of playing he takes the weight right back off. And he does lift, trust me, he's alot stronger then he was when he came in, just needs to take the next step.

They need to address his nutrition, diet, and everything at this point. They may also need to test him to see how quickly his body absorbs vitamins and minerals, he may have a lack of something that is causing it.

No way he becomes a physical beast. But he MUST get stronger, period. You can see that against LeBron, he simply can not get open by himself.

Carey
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
They need to address his nutrition, diet, and everything at this point. They may also need to test him to see how quickly his body absorbs vitamins and minerals, he may have a lack of something that is causing it.

No way he becomes a physical beast. But he MUST get stronger, period. You can see that against LeBron, he simply can not get open by himself.

I agree, to get where we need him to go he absolutely has to get stronger. He cant be pushed off his spots and he has to be able to absorb contact. It's more important then anything he can do on the floor this summer. I'd hate to put a number on it but 10 to 15 lbs would seem to me to be a minimum.

TheMagicAct24
06-21-2012, 02:13 PM
When Durant came in to the league he had NBA skills, but he didn't have an NBA body. He just needs to add some weight because he gets pushed off his spot a lot and when Wessy gets out of control GO AND GET THE BALL DEMAND IT.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
I agree, to get where we need him to go he absolutely has to get stronger. He cant be pushed off his spots and he has to be able to absorb contact. It's more important then anything he can do on the floor this summer. I'd hate to put a number on it but 10 to 15 lbs would seem to me to be a minimum.

with someone like him, it may not even be about lbs gained. If he can up his strengths in the weight room, especially his legs, by say 20% of his max now as a gain, it will pay huge dividends to his game. If he can only bench 200 right now max, maybe he needs to get to 240. If he can only squat 300 once, he needs to get it to 360. Something along those lines will help, and he may only gain 3-5 lbs from it. Still going to help big time.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
I think durant should develop a dirk post fade. second he should gain some weight, 20 more pounds should not hurt.

As for harden choking....well he is 22. at first he was not getting the looks but when he did, he froze.

Ibaka.... I do not like ibaka. he can not shoot and insists on shooting a 20 footer every time the ball is in his hands.... he should focus on rebounds. he sucks at it, surprising because he can jump so high for a block.

Perkins was like a magician... now you see him....now you don't. he sucks.

Ibaka & Perkins played like crap... very disappointed in those two. they defended the paint terribly. I give harden a pass. Yes, I know ibaka is 22 but damn it, grab a freakn rebound.

I say OKC should sign steve nash and move westy to SG/ PG(when nash sits) I am not sure how this will work because westy needs the ball in his hands. I like KG to be signed but only if its this years kg not the kg from before last year.

OKC has a lot of crap players. they have no battier to play excellent D and hit 3's. they have thabo and he cant throw a rock in the pacific ocean.

Respectfully, I think everything you said is way off, except for maybe your Durant alysis.

Could KD add weight? Sure. But, If he doesn't I don't think it will make or break his career. Reggie Miller never added weight and he did just fine. As long as KD has his length, and explosivness, he's fine.

Harden- I don't thnk your giving enough credit to the Miami defense, for completly taking the 6th man of the year outta this series, a series in wich he was the key in.

Ibaka- IDK WTF your talkin about when you say Ibaka can't shoot. He's a very very good shooter for a big man.

Perkins-Wasn't it just like 2 weeks ago, when people were posting on here that "Boston problly regrets trading Perkins to OKC"

OKC has alotta crap players? OMG :facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
You guy's realize that KD's getting pushed outta the box by a physical freak, in LeBron James... I didn't hear anyone complaining about Durant gettin muscled outta the paint, in the 66 regular season games, nor in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

Carey
06-21-2012, 02:35 PM
with someone like him, it may not even be about lbs gained. If he can up his strengths in the weight room, especially his legs, by say 20% of his max now as a gain, it will pay huge dividends to his game. If he can only bench 200 right now max, maybe he needs to get to 240. If he can only squat 300 once, he needs to get it to 360. Something along those lines will help, and he may only gain 3-5 lbs from it. Still going to help big time.

Because he has such a small frame i think both weight room/functional strength is equally a need. Lebron is a freak so its a bit understandable he cant gain position but Shane Battier is also routinely pushing him off his spot. To be the best player in the world he eventually wants to be this can never happen. But it also should be noted this guy is 5 yrs away from his prime, he should naturally fill out a bit as well.

Dankster
06-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Well luckily he's still young enough where he can still add dimensions to his game and become a more complete player.

Since he was in college, the main beef with him was that he was too skinny/frail and that he needed to bulk up. He has a thin/wiry frame, so packing on lbs for him isn't that easy, and besides he's been extremely successful since he's been in the league and he hasn't really been physically pushed around by anyone.

If anything, the guy needs to develop some semblance of a post-game (easier said than done for someone in their 20's already.) But some of the true great ones were able to hone their post game play---Ie: Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Neither one of those guys were known for a post game when they were neophytes in the league, but as they gained more NBA experience they both worked extremely hard on their perimeter and post games to make them the complete offensive players they are/were.

Also, Durant has to start driving the ball A LOT more in the lane. There's no excuse for someone as dominant as he is offensively to not be leading the league in free throw attempts. Working on a post-game and learning to drive the ball into the paint more often I think will make him more of an animal than he already is.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Because he has such a small frame i think both weight room/functional strength is equally a need. Lebron is a freak so its a bit understandable he cant gain position but Shane Battier is also routinely pushing him off his spot. To be the best player in the world he eventually wants to be this can never happen. But it also should be noted this guy is 5 yrs away from his prime, he should naturally fill out a bit as well.

For sure. He will also get more tricks in his arsenal, and have the complete respect of the refs. But yes, we both agree, he has to be foundationally stronger.