PDA

View Full Version : What the Heat should try to do in the offseason

IKnowHoops
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
The heat should try and get younger and more athletic to keep Oklahoma from catching them. If I were the Heat I would try get rid of
1.Udonis Haslem-Hes limited and just not very good
2.Joel Anthony-Cant even get on the court in the finals
3.Mike Miller- I guess there going to amnesty him anyway

And acquire these free agents
1.Micheal Beasley- Hes 23, a great scorer, athletic 6-10 and getting better and could be a 25point scorer in a couple years and can hit the 3
2.OJ Mayo-Can be a backup for Wade and Chalmers, getting better, only 24, can hit the three, and be a great defensive weapon on guys like westbrook and d-rose.
3.Gerald Green-Very Athletic, can also be a good defender on 1-3. He can also shoot the three, and is 26.

Adding these three guys will make Miami younger, more potent on offense, and give spoelstra the ability to match up with anyone. It gives us a multitude of lineups to mess with.
Beasly can play 3-4
Gerald Green can play 2-3
Mayo can play 1-2

All can shoot, all are athletic, and we can give Bron, Bosh, and Wade good rest. We also become as young as oklahoma and now more athletic, and faster. And I think they will be able to legitamately win the next 4-6 championships and hold off oklahoma still in 5 years because Beasley, Mayo, and Gerald green will be the same age as Westbrook, harden,Durant, and Lebron, Wade, Bosh will still be Very good Vets.

If they could pick up a Jivale Mgee, or even try and add Greg Oden(if he could get healthy) that would be the icing on the cake

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Dont see any of those things happening.

UD trade value is probably pretty low, anthony is cheap for what he does, and amnestying miller wont get miami the full mle

camador22
06-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Haslem's more valuable than Beasley and any of those players. For Miami to get better they need a solid backup PG or a center.

MetroMan
06-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Miami should celebrate!!! trades? for what? there champs... jesus christ, how much more help does lebron need

TylerSL
06-20-2012, 08:12 PM
we are not getting rid of UD, he is one of the most important players in Miami's franchise history.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Miami should celebrate!!! trades? for what? there champs... jesus christ, how much more help does lebron need

I forgot the NBA is not an evolving league. You need to fix any broken problems not matter how insignificant they are if you want to stay relevant. Miami showed a big weakness at the center position and with bench scoring. AS LBJ Wade and Bosh get older 40 minutes a night will kill their longevity.

I see Miller gone. I like the idea of Gerald Green, he has really matured since his boston years. I could see Kaman coming here along with Andre Miller.

IKnowHoops
06-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Haslem's more valuable than Beasley and any of those players. For Miami to get better they need a solid backup PG or a center.

Id take Beasely, Mayo and Gerald Green over Haslem. Haslem is not that good to me at all, and hes old. Adding Beasely, Mayo, and Gerald Green doubles our athletic ability which would make our already very athletic team just ridiculous. Plus Lebron would make these guys so much better. Our perimeter defense would also improve, and DJ Mayo can guard any point guard in the league.

llemon
Who gives a flying ****?

Put this on the Heat board.

ThunderousDemon

They're going after the Holy Trice himself in the off season

Jesus
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Jesus

MetroMan
06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
They're going after the Holy Trice himself in the off season

Jesus
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Jesus

Moses the 6th man

Book it!

IIISSKiLL
06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Beasley ? what the hell is wrong with you ? Miami doesn't need to get younger they can sign vets like steve nash and ray allen every chance they choose.. and since either harden or ibaka will be gone next year who says okc will be in the finals 2013 ?

MiamiWadeCounty
06-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Glanced through post, quickly saw Michael Beasley, stopped reading any further.

meloman1592
06-20-2012, 08:20 PM
heat forum

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Who gives a flying ****?

We had about 7 Bulls trying to trade up in the draft threads. About 4 Knicks threads. But we can't openly discuss possible moves the HEAT will do this offseason. Yeah, ok buddy. They are the most talked about sports team in the NBA and other fans like to talk about them too.

IIISSKiLL
if they trade UD Miami will start a riot.. number 40 will finish his career here and will have his jersey raised

ChitownBears22
heat forum

Go read your are the Knicks contenders thread again.

mgsports
Pat Riley makes all the moves here.

utl768
06-20-2012, 08:25 PM
there is little to no chance haslem is moved

and wade hates beasley so thats not gonna happen either

IIISSKiLL
06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
get rid of mike miller and sign ray allen to come off the bench with battier

llemon
06-20-2012, 08:31 PM
We had about 7 Bulls trying to trade up in the draft threads. About 4 Knicks threads. But we can't openly discuss possible moves the HEAT will do this offseason. Yeah, ok buddy. They are the most talked about sports team in the NBA and other fans like to talk about them too.

Bull **** thread by a Bull **** poster.

Geez, I wonder why there is so much hate for the Heat.

dnewguy
06-20-2012, 08:36 PM
trow away 3 people that have contributed to a championship....and sign 3 people that care more about stats than wins? Glad you're not a GM

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Bull **** thread by a Bull **** poster.

Geez, I wonder why there is so much hate for the Heat.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730878

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730877

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730492

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730361

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730352

And that was without even trying. Call me a ******** poster again. I have facts you have nothing.

llemon
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730878

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730877

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730492

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730361

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=730352

And that was without even trying. Call me a ******** poster again. I have facts you have nothing.

Sure buddy. Yours is a Bull **** post.

You are a Bull **** poster.

Anytime, pal.

Yanks All Day
06-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Amnesty Miller and take the risk on Greg Oden. If he magically gets healthy, a low risk-high reward type of deal, he can be the dominating center they really need. That's all they're truly missing as a team. A legit shot blocker and rebounder who has enough offense to command attention in the post.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Sure buddy. Yours is a Bull **** post.

You are a Bull **** poster.

Anytime, pal.

Nope the links showed that it was a true post. And your response is solidifying you spot as Troll of the Day for June 21st 2012.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 08:49 PM
trow away 3 people that have contributed to a championship....and sign 3 people that care more about stats than wins? Glad you're not a GM

Mike Miller and Anthony in my mind are replaceable. Haslem is not

Miller and Anthony have become less productive this season. I like Anothony's defense and wouldn't mind him sticking since he is cheap but Miller definitely has to go. He is playing ball in a 50 year olds body.

naps
06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Clearly OP has no idea about Miami's needs and/or how CBA works. He's just created this thread in NBA forum instead of Heat forum with a new account which is most likely a dupe and a fan of other team.

Who gives a flying ****?

Everyone who are posting in this thread including you. If you don't like the title and then don't just click on this. There are plenty of other threads to talk about. If NBA forum can have 10 nets threads, it should have 1000000 Heat threads.

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Amnesty Miller and take the risk on Greg Oden.

i think we will keep miller and take the chance on oden anyways. and hopefully grab allen as a 6th man, and maybe a vet pg like nash, kidd, or billups would be cool too

rio/vet pg/cole
wade/allen/miller
bron/battier/jones
bosh/ud/varnado
anthony/pittman/oden

looks good to me, who knows, bosh might be miami's center moving forward

If anyone can get these guys discounted, its pat

naps
06-20-2012, 08:55 PM

Why did kobe need help of Ron Artest when they already won it all with Ariza in 2009? I am sure you were pretty happy when it happened.

It's called improving your team in every possible way. Miami is not a deep team at all. They have plenty of holes to fill up.

llemon
06-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Everyone who are posting in this thread including you. If you don't like the title and then don't just click on this. There are plenty of other threads to talk about. If NBA forum can have 10 nets threads, it should have 1000000 Heat threads.

I'll post in any thread I want to, and post whatever I want to.

This thread belongs in the Heat Forum.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM

You belong in the competitive ribbon dancing forum.

JasonJohnHorn
06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Haslem took a pay cut to play in Miami. If Riley trades him then he will just look like a ba$****.

gotoHcarolina52
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Kaman would be a terrific signing, but it's highly unlikely he'll accept the mini-MLE/vet min.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Center for the MLE.

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 09:16 PM
They should do nothing,they are about to win the championship.

naps
06-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Ofcourse, you know what you care about. Just like you cared to click on this thread and decided to put effort to write on this. Congrats!

Except, you don't get to decide it, MODs do. Like I said if there can be 10 Nets threads here there can also be 100000 Heat threads here.

jp611
06-20-2012, 09:20 PM
While they're at it, they should dump eddy curry for Dwight Howard and trade Haslem for the 1st pick and draft Anthony Davis too

llemon
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
You belong in the competitive ribbon dancing forum.

That's cute, cubby.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
While they're at it, they should dump eddy curry for Dwight Howard and trade Haslem for the 1st pick and draft Anthony Davis too

Yeah because Howard and Davis would be MLE type players. Good job troll. Get back under your bridge.

llemon
06-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Ofcourse, you know what you care about. Just like you cared to click on this thread and decided to put effort to write on this. Congrats!

Except, you don't get to decide it, MODs do. Like I said if there can be 10 Nets threads here there can also be 100000 Heat threads here.

I don't get to decide it. I get to comment on it.

See how sports forums work?

naps
06-20-2012, 09:23 PM

Very intelligent post. May be Riley should think about it. Nothing is impossible for the Godfather.

jp611
06-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Sign and trade Terrel Harris for Steve Nash as well

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:24 PM

Yes and then we read your comments and lose respect for you.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:25 PM

I think we could get Kobe for Harris.

naps
06-20-2012, 09:25 PM

You are telling me how sports forums work and at the same time you are telling what others should do? Pretty ironic.

You clearly care about this thread as long as you are writing on this. So this belongs here. Case closed!

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 09:27 PM

U mad?:mad:

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 09:28 PM

only if phx throws in their first round pick this year

U mad?:mad:
lol, he's just one of those pacers/celtics/thunder fans

naps
06-20-2012, 09:28 PM

Yeah.

And may be Rose for Cole? Rose never played in NBA finals but Cole is a rookie who turned yesterday's game with two threes leading to a 17 point turnaround. Seems logical but I doubt Riley does it unless Noah is added on the deal.

jp611
06-20-2012, 09:29 PM

only if phx throws in their first round pick this year

I was thinking this years and next years even :laugh2:

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Right now HEAT haters are reading this thinking, "HEAT fans are so dumb if they think these trades will happen, Kobe ain't going to be traded for Harris and no way Rose and Noah for Cole"

jp611
06-20-2012, 09:31 PM
I mean honestly I'm sure every team would love to get younger like that but it's not that easy, there's a salary cap that the Miami heat are already over, they will have to make improvements with exceptions and drafts... I mean they're about to win a ring, they don't need drastic improvements, I think maybe some minor changes but nothing major needs to happen

jp611
06-20-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm not even bashing heat fans, I'm just saying that the ops ideas are outlandish and nowhere near possible

naps
06-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I mean honestly I'm sure every team would love to get younger like that but it's not that easy, there's a salary cap that the Miami heat are already over, they will have to make improvements with exceptions and drafts... I mean they're about to win a ring, they don't need drastic improvements, I think maybe some minor changes but nothing major needs to happen

Agreed. Nothing major. But they desperately need a serviceable big; They don't have enough money for it. Kwame Brown got 7 millions last season sooo...

Oh and another wing like Ray Allen since Miller has progeria and won't be alive in 2013.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Agreed. Nothing major. But they desperately need a serviceable big; They don't have enough money for it. Kwame Brown got 7 millions last season sooo...

Oh and another wing like Ray Allen since Miller has progeria and won't be alive in 2013.

Odom and Kaman are a couple bigs interested in Miami. Both are serviceable and would be nice coming off the bench.

naps
06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm not even bashing heat fans, I'm just saying that the ops ideas are outlandish and nowhere near possible

LOL. I got that seeing your first post dude. I was playing along with you. You and Kozel are different than other Bulls fans.

As for this OP, even I said the same thing in my first of this thread.

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 09:38 PM
we dont have the money for even a serviceable big and dont even need one if bosh is willing to play center, he is basically avg a dbl dbl since he moved to center and his defense around the rim has been huge for us.

we are better off playing to our stregnths which is small ball, ray allen or billups woud be huge gets

bron
allen or billups
wade
battier
bosh

would be an epic closing lineup, and i think either of those guys would be willing to take the mini

odom is a potential nut job, and kaman is looking to get paid, he doesnt strike me as a guy that would do whatever it takes to wins.

llemon
06-20-2012, 09:40 PM
You are telling me how sports forums work and at the same time you are telling what others should do? Pretty ironic.

You clearly care about this thread as long as you are writing on this. So this belongs here. Case closed!

Did I say I didn't care about this thread.

Certainly I feel sympathy for all front-running fools.

Oh, and this thread belongs in the Heat forum.

naps
06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Odom and Kaman are a couple bigs interested in Miami. Both are serviceable and would be nice coming off the bench.

LOL. Don't let them fool you man. Don't you remember what Dalembert did last off-season. He was flirting with Miami all along and went for the money. Everyone will say they are interested in Miami but that's just a way of raising their value.

Steve Kerr said a few days ago that MONEY matters a lot in FA's decision and he said it will play a big role in Steve Nash's decision as well. One would think money would be the last thing for Nash for now since his legacy is hurting without a ring....hmm and who knows Nash better than Kerr?

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 09:42 PM

Don't worry your Bulls will be a top team again in 2014.

naps
06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Oh, and this thread belongs in the Heat forum.

A lot of people are sharing their opinions. May be you should participate on the actual topic instead of trolling or may be leave it since you don't like it.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:46 PM
No because you keep caring to post on this.

A lot of people are sharing their opinions. May be you should participate on the actual topic instead of trolling or may be leave it since you don't like it.

Nope he just wants to troll. Thats what he does.

jp611
06-20-2012, 09:50 PM

Don't worry your Bulls will be a top team again in 2014.

And you're a bandwagon fan, your opinion means nothing to me

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:51 PM

And yet your team will still be irrelevant next year.

llemon
06-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Nope he just wants to troll. Thats what he does.

If this thread were in the Heat forum where it belongs, I wouldn't be adding my absolutely appropriate posts.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:53 PM
If this thread were in the Heat forum where it belongs, I wouldn't be adding my absolutely appropriate posts.

You just keep adding nothing to this. If you don't like it why don't you leave. Fans of other teams have contributed, you just decide to troll.

Llemon has hurt feelings.

popo85
06-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Get a back-up pg and a center

STL Don
06-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Pretty much your goal would have to be to keep this team in exact order and really not go too deep into tading/free agency.. if anything just maybe one signing of a B type player, or a trade.
This teams really good, they could use maybe an upgrade at pg, although Chalmers has looked good. Someone who could play pf/c and bring a little more to the table offensively could help, just a tac or two.

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 09:58 PM

U still mad I see.:eyebrow:

jp611
06-20-2012, 09:58 PM

And yet your team will still be irrelevant next year.

Yeah ok

IIISSKiLL
06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
All these sarcastic jokes about who Miami should bring.. Didn't Chicago try to sign Bosh, Wade, and Lebron last year ? They wanted two of them to play with Rose correct ? What's the issue ? and I don't think Nash goes for the money but idk if riley will sign Nash for the simple fact that rio will be benched.. He's been huge for us so I have mixed feelings.. Mike Miller out, Ray allen in for sure

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah ok

Enjoy having Iverson 2.0.

Lots of highlights and no titles.

jp611
06-20-2012, 10:01 PM

U still mad I see.:eyebrow:

Nope, not mad at all, in fact I'm actually in a really good mood today, didn't have to work, had a good day in class, watched a movie with my lady, I'm the furthest thing from mad

jp611
06-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah ok

Enjoy having Iverson 2.0.

Lots of highlights and no titles.

Says the other bandwagon troll

ChitownBears22
Nope, not mad at all, in fact I'm actually in a really good mood today, didn't have to work, had a good day in class, watched a movie with my lady, I'm the furthest thing from mad

Don't forget you trolled PSD for a couple hours too!

jp611

Don't forget you trolled PSD for a couple hours too!

See above post

llemon
06-20-2012, 10:03 PM
You just keep adding nothing to this. If you don't like it why don't you leave. Fans of other teams have contributed, you just decide to troll.

Llemon has hurt feelings.

Call me what you like, cubby.

This thread belongs in the Heat forum.

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 10:08 PM

LMAO,watched a movie with your lady.I guess you didn't get any cookies from your lady.

sep11ie
06-20-2012, 10:09 PM
The O.P. should change her name to Idon'tKnowPS.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 10:11 PM

Not a bandwagon fan at all. Nice try though.

Unless you think I predicted the formation of the Big 3 back in 1999. Which was when I went to my first HEAT game against the 76er's. It was one of the last games played at Miami Arena. Zo was a monster.

Then I really started following them in 03/04 when wade was drafted. I liked them before because I would go to games, but then they got a chicago bred player so I started following alot more closely. Wade went to High school in the same village I grew up. Although he was a couple years before me.

jp611
06-20-2012, 10:15 PM

LMAO,watched a movie with your lady.I guess you didn't get any cookies from your lady.

And you are 12

jp611
06-20-2012, 10:16 PM

Unless you think I predicted the formation of the Big 3 back in 1999. Which was when I went to my first HEAT game against the 76er's. It was one of the last games played at Miami Arena. Zo was a monster.

Then I really started following them in 03/04 when wade was drafted. I liked them before because I would go to games, but then they got a chicago bred player so I started following alot more closely. Wade went to High school in the same village I grew up. Although he was a couple years before me.

Ironic, used to be a bulls fan? Then a lakers fan? Maybe a spurs fan for a bit, I see how you guys do it

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 10:19 PM
And you are 12

Nah,are you a Heat hater?

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Ironic, used to be a bulls fan? Then a lakers fan? Maybe a spurs fan for a bit, I see how you guys do it

I didn't watch basketball until I moved to florida. My parents didn't have a TV until 98 so I didn't/couldn't watch the Bulls.

Keep trying. Never been into the Spurs or Lakers even though I do respect Kobe and Duncan. Sorry not a front runner.

YOLO
06-20-2012, 10:26 PM

Right, like bandwagoners haven't used that excuse before. obvious bandwagon is obvious

jp611
06-20-2012, 10:31 PM
And you are 12

Nah,are you a Heat hater?

How are you tolerating your restraining order from Lebron? It's gotta be tough for you

dodie53
06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
UD will not get traded.

M.M., maybe waived or something.

heat will sign vets that can contribute, book it.

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 10:39 PM
How are you tolerating your restraining order from Lebron? It's gotta be tough for you

I just recognize greatness.Lebron when it's all said and done will go down as one of the best basketball players to ever play the game.

You can keep hating on Lebron all you wan't but Miami is gonna be a pain in Chicago's *** for the next 5yrs.

jp611
06-20-2012, 10:41 PM
I think Lebron is awesome too, I don't have to stalk him and get restraining orders to prove tat I think he's a great player, he will go down as a top 10 player of all time if he gets his rings, which he should, I'm not hating, I'm a bulls fan, I root against the Heat, that's what rival teams do

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 10:51 PM
I think Lebron is awesome too, I don't have to stalk him and get restraining orders to prove tat

So now you're accusing me of stalking Lebron.:facepalm:

$GangGr33n$
06-20-2012, 10:54 PM
pretty sure Beasley, and Mayo would want more than the MLE so they cant even afford one of those players even if they wanted to

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Right, like bandwagoners haven't used that excuse before. obvious bandwagon is obvious

I was talking about that game alone. I only watched a small portion of his career.

Federal Reserve
06-20-2012, 10:58 PM
*delete*

YOLO
06-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I was talking about that game alone. I only watched a small portion of his career.

I know, if you were a Heat fan you would have watched more of it. You sound like a Lebron fan.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 11:02 PM
I know, if you were a Heat fan you would have watched more of it. You sound like a Lebron fan.

Yes, the fact that I didn't have a TV in my home until 98 didn't play a role in me not watching Zo play. Oh wait it did. Hard to watch any sports game without a TV.

And I am a LeBron fan as well, I also enjoy watching Kobe, Dwight, KD. But I am not fans of their teams. I just enjoying watching talented players.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 11:12 PM
hmmmmm YOLO the troll went missing.

Corey
06-20-2012, 11:24 PM
We're going to play a game..

Here are the rules: Keep trolling and baiting in every Heat related thread, and get banned.

Starting now.