PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers decline offer of Varajao and the 24th pick for the 8th pick

Ilovetosuckdip
06-20-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/20/rumor.cavaliers.decline.anderson.varejao.24.pick.w arriors.7.pick

The Cleveland Cavaliers are not willing to pull the trigger on a deal which would send Anderson Varejao and the No. 24 overall pick to the Golden State Warriors for their lottery selection. The Cavs hold Varejao in very high regard in terms of leadership on-and-off the court. The franchise considers his veteran presence vital in their rebuilding effort.

You should classify this report as a rumor. ProBasketballDraft.com is a niche-site that often reports from draft workouts, but does not often break stories.

Trade talks among the teams in the top-10 seems to be heating up. The Cavaliers have approached Charlotte, New Orleans, and Golden State about acquiring their lottery picks. While it is common for teams to talk and gauge interest about potential deals the Cavs have been more aggressive. Sources say the Cavs have expressed the willingness to absorb salary in addition to trading the 24th pick. A potential stumbling block with New Orleans is the Hornets insistence thus far to have Trevor Ariza and Emeka Okafor included in a deal for the 10th pick. According to one league executive the Cavs could get a deal done with the Warriors if they trade Anderson Varejao and 24 but that the Cavs are unwilling to pull the trigger on that deal right now.

pretty idiotic imo, they can draft drummond at 4, and could have drafted a sf or a sg at 8

thephoenixson28
06-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Stupid

Federal Reserve
06-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Verajo will become useless once David Stern finds a way to punish players who flop.

Cal827
06-20-2012, 07:15 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ah Cleveland... They just rejected a deal that could've given them a starting line up of

Irving
SG
Barnes
Thompson
Drummond

Loads of potential..

Also, I think the OP means 7th pick overall... We (Toronto) have the 8th and I don't think they can send off our picks without our permission lol

JerseysFinest
06-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Wow, interesting.

Cavs must really hold Varejao in high regard.

black1605
06-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Like the article says, this could just be a rumor. I think the Cavs would jump all over that if it was offered.

D12 fan
06-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Cleveland is so stupid,Varejao is overpaid and nothing but a hustle player.

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Aside from MKG there aren't many SFs to draft so they'd have to hope Drummond dropped to 7th or take a look at Perry Jones.

KingOfSanJose
The warriors have the 7th pick not the 8th

rocket
They are ****ing stupid.

KingOfSanJose
06-20-2012, 07:26 PM
And I don't buy this for one second

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
complete incompetence if true

MrfadeawayJB
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
fail if true

HouRealCoach
06-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Its hard to believe that a team with Bargnani, Amir, Ed Davis, & they have Jonas coming next year made this trade... I don't believe that this is true

JoeDirt05
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
yep no way cleveland would turn it down

HouRealCoach
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I see its Golden State now... Still don't believe it one bit

Six-8-TheWizard
06-20-2012, 07:33 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ah Cleveland... They just rejected a deal that could've given them a starting line up of

Irving
SG
Barnes
Thompson
Drummond

Loads of potential..

Also, I think the OP means 7th pick overall... We (Toronto) have the 8th and I don't think they can send off our picks without our permission lol

Ya it was defs 7th, not 8th. They said GS not Toronto in the link

Teeboy1487
06-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Stupid for the Cavs if true.

Cal827
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
If this is true, I'm going to believe that Javale Mcgee runs like half of the League.. First Washington makes that horrid deal, now this :pity:

What educational background do you need to run a team? Cause I think myself and everybody from the Raptor forum should sign up after seeing this crap. This is some crazy NBA 2k **** lol

5ass
06-20-2012, 07:37 PM
this is probably not true

TheNumber37
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
If the rumors are true Byron Scott must be kicking himself. Dumping an overpaid defensive PF for another lottery pick, to build around your ROY and other lottery pick.
The Cavs coulda been the east version of OKC within 4 years.

RB#20
Goddammit I read the question wrong...I thought it was asking if I would accept that offer if I was the Warriors. I can't believe Cleveland would reject that offer. They should call the Warriors FO back and explain to them that they turned it down because they thought they were getting Punk'd.

Cal827
Also, I'm curious to the guy who said "No" on this trade. OP should allow us to view the voters next time so we can hardcore troll the guy lol

KingOfSanJose
06-20-2012, 07:43 PM
This is definitely NOT true. The Warriors make some dumb decisions but not this dumb

Cal827
Goddammit I read the question wrong...I thought it was asking if I would accept that offer if I was the Warriors. I can't believe Cleveland would reject that offer. They should call the Warriors FO back and explain to them that they turned it down because they thought they were getting Punk'd.

That answers my question :D

justinnum1
Also, I'm curious to the guy who said "No" on this trade. OP should allow us to view the voters next time so we can hardcore troll the guy lol

yea, i always like to be able to see the votes

RB#20
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
That answers my question :D

FML :facepalm:

jayjay33
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Wtf......

naps
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Ah...no wonder they couldn't build jackshit around LeBron for 7 years. I mean they rejected a trade of Amare for freaking Hickson!! So I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

greg_ory_2005
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
The Warriors front office can't be this stupid. Can they?

JDM
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't buy it at all.

homestarunner93
06-20-2012, 07:56 PM
What a fail.

RB#20
06-20-2012, 07:58 PM
The Warriors front office can't be this stupid. Can they?

Considering this is the team that drafted Jason Terry and traded him on draft night for an old *** Mookie Blaylock, yes they can.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Dan Gilbert is a moron, so this rumor wouldn't surprise me.

TylerSL
06-20-2012, 08:06 PM
if this is true, then this is just more proof to justify Lebron leaving.....

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 08:07 PM

good point

C_Mund
06-20-2012, 08:17 PM

Irving
SG
Barnes
Thompson
Drummond

Loads of potential..

I saw the thread title and just about **** my pants. Hell, I would have been so mad I would have **** the pants of the dude next to me

Melo15
06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Ah...no wonder they couldn't build jackshit around LeBron for 7 years. I mean they rejected a trade of Amare for freaking Hickson!! So I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

You realize both teams have stated numerous times the Hickson/Amare rumors weren't true, right?

As for this rumor, it's probably not true. I highly doubt Cleveland would reject this offer and I doubt Golden State would make this offer.

MagicBucsSox
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Dan Gilbert also didn't trade for amare (w/o a ext) for "jj hicks on" just to trade him for Omar casspi. Not shocking

And GSW is stupid to even consider it

kenzo400
06-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Irving
SG
Barnes
Thompson
Drummond

Loads of potential..

Colangelo probably gave them permission in some ******** deal we made with em that nobody can remember lol I wouldn't be surprised.

WITZ
06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
You realize both teams have stated numerous times the Hickson/Amare rumors weren't true, right?

As for this rumor, it's probably not true. I highly doubt Cleveland would reject this offer and I doubt Golden State would make this offer.

Years later and people still can't seem to get that in their heads just look one post below yours :laugh2: .

DR_1
06-20-2012, 08:39 PM
:laugh:

mgsports
06-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Bargnani/Wright +6 wins CAVS wouldn't need that extra pick in First round and draft a SG with Pick
Hedo/Walton Warriors could Trade pick
Biedrins a Howard Replacement if leaves and Gibson -4wins 19th pick either a SF to backup QRich or PG if Nelson leaves
Redick -3wins Raptors if Drummond available would take him with pick

JNoel
06-20-2012, 09:05 PM
if this is true, Cleveland is stupid

JasonJohnHorn
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
After reading all these comments, it seems I am in an underwhelming minority, but I think Anderson-V is a great player. Solid rebounder, solid defender, and doesn't demand the ball on offence so others can look to score. If he was on Miami they would have swept their way to the finals.

popo85
06-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Agree with most here Cavs should of taken the deal although there's no guarantee the 8th pick will turn out a good one, they are in rebuild mode anyway...

Arch Stanton
06-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Considering this is the team that drafted Jason Terry and traded him on draft night for an old *** Mookie Blaylock, yes they can.

Completely different FO.

Arch Stanton
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM

Troll!

DaSeba5
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
This can't be true lol. They would be idiotic to decline that trade.

Arch Stanton
06-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Dan Gilbert also didn't trade for amare (w/o a ext) for "jj hicks on" just to trade him for Omar casspi. Not shocking

And GSW is stupid to even consider it

Get the complete story then post.

Arch Stanton
06-20-2012, 11:51 PM
I would make this trade. Varejao has been significantly injured over the past two years. Maybe they're looking for a better deal.

Arch Stanton
06-21-2012, 12:50 AM
It shouldn't be news to most of you here that the Cavaliers are aggressively trying to add another lottery pick in the upcoming draft. According to Joe Kotoch of Probasketballdraft.com, the Cavaliers have been calling lots of teams in the back part of the lottery in attempts to swing a deal.

Sources say the Cavs have expressed the willingness to absorb salary in addition to trading the 24th pick. A potential stumbling block with New Orleans is the Hornets insistence thus far to have Trevor Ariza and Emeka Okafor included in a deal for the 10th pick. According to one league executive the Cavs could get a deal done with the Warriors if they trade Anderson Varejao and 24 but that the Cavs are unwilling to pull the trigger on that deal right now.

The Cavaliers wouldn't have a problem taking in a bad contract in order to acquire a pick as they have plenty of cap space and need to reach the salary floor anyway. The last bit that Kotoch adds is quite interesting. I'm sure there's more to the deal, but the idea of trading Varejao and the 24th pick to the Warriors for the 7th pick is intriguing. In theory it sounds nice as adding that lottery pick would be pretty sweet. But when I think about it, I'm not sure it's the right move to make. After the 6th pick in the draft, there seems to be a pretty significant drop-off. With the 7th pick you're looking at someone like Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, Dion Waiters, etc. Are those guys worth getting rid of Anderson Varejao? I'm not so sure. And clearly, neither are the Cavaliers if they are hesitant to make that deal.

jerryred
06-21-2012, 02:26 AM
wat about this for the 8th pick, josh calderon and Ed Davis for Pau Gasol

KingPosey
06-21-2012, 02:43 AM
Varajo and a late first for the 8th, and they said NO lol?

LRPG
06-21-2012, 02:43 AM
As a Warriors fan this would make me sad. Also we can't take Varajao's contract so this trade wouldn't happen unless they take Andres Biedrins and I still wouldn't consider accepting that. We're losing a high draft pick for an injury prone PF/C. Our GM isn't that dumb and we just got a new one who said they are keeping the draft pick. I call bull! I haven't seen any rumors announced in CSN or the Warriors website so nothing to see here folks.

Lloyd Christmas
06-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Maybe the article's writer heard the warriors were willing to trade their first and forgot they have 2 this year. I can see this making sense if it was pick #30 that was offered and turned down. Not #7.

sunsfan88
06-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Why does Golden State still need a big man?

They already have Bogut, Lee making big $$ now they want to add Varajao and his ovepaid contract too?

dayman
06-21-2012, 07:47 AM
wat about this for the 8th pick, josh calderon and Ed Davis for Pau Gasol

Sure...How about the Raptors also give you Derozan and Jonas Valanciunas as well :rolleyes:

vgjhyuituyu
06-21-2012, 07:48 AM
welcome to: http://www.netetrader.com

The website wholesale for many kinds of
fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://www.mineokmalls.com

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

http://www.netetrader.com

dayman
06-21-2012, 07:56 AM
In all seriousness though, if this rumor is true and the Cavs declined it, their organization seriously needs to reconsider the position of their GM.

This offer is too good. Although this is a deep draft and there is potential to get a nice player late in the 1st round...how do you pass the opportunity to move up into the top 10 where you can add a significant young piece to the Cavs core.

Kyrie and Tristan one year + 7th pick the next (in a deep draft)...Almost makes you forget whats his name ever played there.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-21-2012, 07:57 AM
lmao

49GiantWarriors
06-21-2012, 07:59 AM
If this i what the Warriors valuing the 7th pick then I'm speechless. I would absolutely hate the deal if it happened. I think that the Warriors could do so much better than that garbage of a deal. And if they were to trade back I was expecting them to go to the teens not the mid 20's. Again I do not ever want this deal to even be close to happening

CB29
06-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Don't the raptors have the 8th pick? warriors have the 7th pick

dayman
06-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Don't the raptors have the 8th pick? warriors have the 7th pick

Yes sir. LOL I was losing it when I saw the title, but then I realized he meant the warriors pick at 7

kingjaymes23
06-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Irving
SG
Barnes
Thompson
Drummond

Loads of potential..

Unless you are talking about Matt Barnes, there is no way the Cavs get both Barnes and Drummond. They will both be gone in the top 6.

mike_noodles
06-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Nice, but the Raptors have the 8th pick.

daleja424
06-21-2012, 09:26 AM
:facepalm:

Sportfan
06-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Jamal Crawford
Desagana Diop
Chris Wilcox
TJ Ford
Rafeal Arujao
Channing Frye
Rudy Gay
Brandan Wright
Joe Alexander
Jordan Hill
Al-Forooq Aminu
Brandon Knight

these are the #8 picks since 2000. Of the 12, MAYBE 3 (Gay, Knight and possibly Crawford) I'd take on their rookie contracts over Varejao. Varejao is likely to be a better player than whoever they pick up, he's a great role player

fadedmario
06-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Cavs = Fail!

HouRealCoach
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Guys this rumor is NOT true

Ill21
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
So stupid, varejao is a bum. I guess maybe the pray that sullinger falls to 24 and they can grab him. But besides that it is just moronic on Cleveland's part.

Niro
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
WTF WARRIORS

(its the 7th not 8th pick)

ichitownclowni
06-21-2012, 12:09 PM
No way the turned this down

b@llhog24
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
It shouldn't be news to most of you here that the Cavaliers are aggressively trying to add another lottery pick in the upcoming draft. According to Joe Kotoch of Probasketballdraft.com, the Cavaliers have been calling lots of teams in the back part of the lottery in attempts to swing a deal.

Sources say the Cavs have expressed the willingness to absorb salary in addition to trading the 24th pick. A potential stumbling block with New Orleans is the Hornets insistence thus far to have Trevor Ariza and Emeka Okafor included in a deal for the 10th pick. According to one league executive the Cavs could get a deal done with the Warriors if they trade Anderson Varejao and 24 but that the Cavs are unwilling to pull the trigger on that deal right now.

The Cavaliers wouldn't have a problem taking in a bad contract in order to acquire a pick as they have plenty of cap space and need to reach the salary floor anyway. The last bit that Kotoch adds is quite interesting. I'm sure there's more to the deal, but the idea of trading Varejao and the 24th pick to the Warriors for the 7th pick is intriguing. In theory it sounds nice as adding that lottery pick would be pretty sweet. But when I think about it, I'm not sure it's the right move to make. After the 6th pick in the draft, there seems to be a pretty significant drop-off. With the 7th pick you're looking at someone like Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, Dion Waiters, etc. Are those guys worth getting rid of Anderson Varejao? I'm not so sure. And clearly, neither are the Cavaliers if they are hesitant to make that deal.

This. Who would be available?

As a Warriors fan this would make me sad. Also we can't take Varajao's contract so this trade wouldn't happen unless they take Andres Biedrins and I still wouldn't consider accepting that. We're losing a high draft pick for an injury prone PF/C. Our GM isn't that dumb and we just got a new one who said they are keeping the draft pick. I call bull! I haven't seen any rumors announced in CSN or the Warriors website so nothing to see here folks.

You'd rather have Perry Jones?

Why does Golden State still need a big man?

They already have Bogut, Lee making big $$ now they want to add Varajao and his ovepaid contract too?

Depth, even though Varejao himself isn't the most healthiest guy neither is Lee or Bogut. Imagine the rebounding :drool:

smith&wesson
06-21-2012, 12:27 PM
ya i call bs on this. the warriors dont even have the 8th pick. they have the 7th. the cavs would be dumb to turn that deal down .