xnick5757
06-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Here are the "awful" stats of James harden these playoffs:

22.1 PER
.613 TS%
.518 eFG%
2.5 WS
.212 WS/48

Keep in mind that these stats were even better before the finals started. He is having a bad series, but to say that OKC should trade him for the #2 pick or that he has sucked through tout the entire playoffs is insane.

Its not as if the heat aren't a good team either; 2 top 5 players in the league.

Tldr: harden has been great overall in the playoffs

sunsfan88
06-20-2012, 06:47 AM
When is it my turn to start the next James Harden thread?!

Whomewhome
06-20-2012, 07:03 AM
It's not awful play, it's inexperience. I still consider him amazing...

The Thunder will lose it's now a question of which game. But when they do lose, they will be better for it, they will have that much more experience and will come back better then ever

thenaj17
06-20-2012, 07:58 AM
This is where stats fall down because those you posted are much better than he has been in reality. He has missed several quality wide open shots and a couple of layups, which have been inexcusable for the standards he has already set himself.

Anyone saying he should be traded or whatever is overreacting though as he is just having a few bad games, that's all.

waveycrockett
06-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Really what are his #'s this series? I understand the playoffs overall he's been good but in the FINALS he has been trash.

theheatles
06-20-2012, 08:10 AM
13-37 with 43 pts in 4 games is pretty piss poor

I called Chalmers will be outperforming Harden multiple times in this finals

MadBomber
06-20-2012, 08:14 AM
I agree, he's playing like ***** in this series even though he was doing well in the others. I'm not sure if it's just inexperience, nerves, heat's defense, lack of playing time, touches? could be a combination of these things.

Swashcuff
06-20-2012, 08:47 AM
People seem not to be able to tell the difference between playoffs and Finals. Harden has had 3 sub par games this finals but against the west he was awesome. Scoring in double figures in every single game and even getting over 20 on 3 occasions all coming off the bench. He was great against the west and was a huge reason as to why the Thunder made it to the finals.

All you so call NBA fans calling out James Harden and Russell Westbrook only live in the moment and really have horrible short term memory. It was the very same when Dwyane Wade had that poor performance against the Pacers and you said he'd never play well again.

I swear you so called fans need to learn a lot more about basketball before attempting to critique a player. He's an inexperienced 22 year old in his first NBA Finals playing against a team that for the most part of the last 2 seasons have the best perimeter defense in the NBA.

You're not going to stop Westbrook because of his unique scoring ability and his supreme athleticism and you're not going to stop KD because KD is KD but Harden currently isn't in those players league (mentally or otherwise) no matter how skilled or efficient he may be so it should be no surprise that he would struggle at time to get it going.

My biggest knock on Harden this playoffs has been his defense. On many occasions where he'd usually be on the floor we've seen Thabo instead because Harden D has really hurt them badly throughout the entire post season.

koreancabbage
06-20-2012, 08:53 AM
lets not forget the bad decisions by Durant (passes, shots, failing to show up and demanding the ball), Westbrook (kept them in the game but poor fouling, shots in the closing minutes), Ibaka (couldn't block Chalmers shots- where's the defence and plays an average of like 15-17 minutes in the finals), Fisher- why do they keep playing this guy- he rarely stays in front of his man!

if OKC loses this finals- they will be back with a vengeance though, depending on what they do with the roster and Harden's beard.

NBAfan4life
06-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Here are the "awful" stats of James harden these playoffs:

22.1 PER
.613 TS%
.518 eFG%
2.5 WS
.212 WS/48

Keep in mind that these stats were even better before the finals started. He is having a bad series, but to say that OKC should trade him for the #2 pick or that he has sucked through tout the entire playoffs is insane.

Its not as if the heat aren't a good team either; 2 top 5 players in the league.

Tldr: harden has been great overall in the playoffs

I would only do that because it gives you another 4 year window. Harden is going to want get paid. A rookie contract might be nice instead of paying him

Knicks21
06-20-2012, 09:04 AM
The Lakers would be better off with Harden than Kobe.

koreancabbage
06-20-2012, 09:07 AM
I would only do that because it gives you another 4 year window. Harden is going to want get paid. A rookie contract might be nice instead of paying him

If they got MKG or Beal, I think they have a cheaper option but a better player.

IndyRealist
06-20-2012, 09:07 AM
This is where stats fall down because those you posted are much better than he has been in reality. He has missed several quality wide open shots and a couple of layups, which have been inexcusable for the standards he has already set himself.

Anyone saying he should be traded or whatever is overreacting though as he is just having a few bad games, that's all.

The stats didn't fail, your memory did. All you really remember is the let downs of the past couple of games, not the fantastic play over the first 3 rounds. The last few games are given more weight because they are more emotional (because it's a "bigger stage"). If you were to weigh all the games equally, like stats do, then Harden has been outstanding. I absolutely remember Harden's blown layup but I don't remember his 9 shots prior to that, let alone what he did in the first round. That's because there's emotion associated with that miss. It's still only one miss.

Should prime time players step up in big games? That's the story. But when two players take 51 of your team's 82 shots, mostly off iso's, it's hard to get in rhythm. Harden took 10 shots. So for 88% of the game Harden doesn't touch the ball, then he's asked to beat the Heat defense by himself. So who's fault is it really?

valade16
06-20-2012, 10:21 AM
What are his stats in the Finals?

Better yet watch last nights game, there were at least 3 passes (turnovers) that were so perplexingly bad even my dog was outraged.

Swashcuff
06-20-2012, 11:32 AM
What are his stats in the Finals?

Better yet watch last nights game, there were at least 3 passes (turnovers) that were so perplexingly bad even my dog was outraged.

In one game Westbrook scored as much points as Harden has in his 4 games these NBA Finals... I think that's all we really need to know.

Shkelqim
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Do you guys realize Harden faces back ups for most of the time he's out there lol. I really don't find him anything special. Never did never will.

zB_#85
06-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Do you guys realize Harden faces back ups for most of the time he's out there lol. I really don't find him anything special. Never did never will.

Do you realize Harden typically closes out games for the Thunder and has on numerous occasions hit big shots against *wait for it....* starters. Your assessment of him I think is a little off.

Having said that, statistics aside he is not his self this series. LeBron is the reason for that. OKC has had to give more minutes than usual to Sefalosha because of his defensive ability to keep him on Bron. Less minutes and a little different rotation has thrown Harden off a bit. The other part of the problem is that even when he is in the game, LeBron is man-handling him and frustrating him which is throwing him even more off his game. I think the Heat are just a tough matchup for Harden and it's got him a little off & confidence a bit shaken.

nicegoing
06-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Harden's a good player, he might not be having a great Finals but he's only 22, and a third option. He complained about it, but it seems like he doesn't get the ball as often. Doesn't excuse some boneheaded plays he has made though. But he's a good young player, this is the first of many Finals he will be in with OKC.

Kashmir13579
06-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Don't you mean James Fartden*?

Stinkyoutsider
06-20-2012, 12:36 PM
It's nerves. Harden is young and this is his first finals. Once he gets some experience under his belt, he won't be quite as nervous and will perform better.

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 06:32 PM
lets not forget the bad decisions by Durant (passes, shots, failing to show up and demanding the ball), Westbrook (kept them in the game but poor fouling, shots in the closing minutes), Ibaka (couldn't block Chalmers shots- where's the defence and plays an average of like 15-17 minutes in the finals), Fisher- why do they keep playing this guy- he rarely stays in front of his man!

if OKC loses this finals- they will be back with a vengeance though, depending on what they do with the roster and Harden's beard.

I was wondering the same thing, this "championship pedigree" thing is getting really overblown here.

The stats didn't fail, your memory did. All you really remember is the let downs of the past couple of games, not the fantastic play over the first 3 rounds. The last few games are given more weight because they are more emotional (because it's a "bigger stage"). If you were to weigh all the games equally, like stats do, then Harden has been outstanding. I absolutely remember Harden's blown layup but I don't remember his 9 shots prior to that, let alone what he did in the first round. That's because there's emotion associated with that miss. It's still only one miss.

Should prime time players step up in big games? That's the story. But when two players take 51 of your team's 82 shots, mostly off iso's, it's hard to get in rhythm. Harden took 10 shots. So for 88% of the game Harden doesn't touch the ball, then he's asked to beat the Heat defense by himself. So who's fault is it really?

:clap:

IversonIsKrazy
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Agreed. He played great in playoffs, then came the Finals. I wish he played this crap in WCF, I could've been witnessing Spurs & Duncan lifting their 5th, instead of LeBron getting his....

StinkEye
06-20-2012, 07:33 PM
It's funny how the finals tends to overshadow everything a player has done/accomplished outside of it. LeBron knows it all too well. Harden is a damn good player, he's just sucking for some odd reason. Perhaps it's just not a good matchup for him as an individual :shrug:

JC_
06-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Keep in mind that these stats were even better before the finals started.

Obviously. The only reason he's being criticized is because of the past couple of games. He could have been the difference maker just like Lebron could have last year in the finals.

fresh prince
06-20-2012, 08:09 PM
He has been horrible in the Finals. To think there were a few Harden is better than Kobe band wagoneers a few months back SMH

Bruno
06-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Harden dominated the first three rounds.

although i'm now willing to admit that Westbrook is better than Harden. he dominated on the biggest stage, the comparison is over (pending...).

greg_ory_2005
06-20-2012, 09:11 PM
He's sucked in the finals. I don't care what he's done in previous rounds.

Enemey
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Harden dominated the first three rounds.

although i'm now willing to admit that Westbrook is better than Harden. he dominated on the biggest stage, the comparison is over (pending...).

He struggled against the Lakers. I Think he only had 1 good game. I could be wrong though but I'm sure it was Russel and Durant who dominated that series and Harden never showed up untill game 5.