PDA

View Full Version : Will Harden's play in the Finals affect his future?

Punk
06-20-2012, 01:23 AM
This may be knee jerking on my part but will the play of Harden affect his future with OKC? It seems more mentally tired than physically but if it comes down to Ibaka or Harden will his Finals play come as the deciding factor considering there is an offer for him on the table as rumored?

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 01:28 AM
yep, if he plays this bad with 2 top 10 players on his team...

no chance of that max now

gatkins11
06-20-2012, 01:30 AM
I still think there's going to be a team desperate for a big name that will overpay for him.

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 01:35 AM
I still think there's going to be a team desperate for a big name that will overpay for him.
for sure, but hes not getting a max

meloman1592
06-20-2012, 01:45 AM
he officially played his way out of a max

DragonJaii
06-20-2012, 01:48 AM
yeah hes playing like garbage, and people here was overrating him saying he's already better than melo

Punk
06-20-2012, 01:49 AM

I guess the Bobcats rebranded to OKC colors because I'm sure if he plays bad on Thursday, Harden will be sent to Charlotte for that 2nd pick.

Thomas Robinson or Drummond is the player the Thunder need.

sventhedog
06-20-2012, 03:55 AM
of course it would. that's just how things work.

sunsfan88
06-20-2012, 03:59 AM
I think it's starting to become obvious that Harden is not a max contract player. Cause first of all he's a huge liability on defense. This was covered up when they were winning but if you looked closely and watched Thunder games, you would realize that Harden is a huge liability defensively. Players who play on just one end of the floor don't deserve max deals (unless they have Nash type effect)

And the league is starting to take note that Harden is such a flopped so he's barely getting any calls. And this will continue to be the case going forward....if Harden can't flop and fool officials, he's really not all that effective.

With suspensions possibly coming for floppers, it drives Harden's value even lower.

Iron24th
06-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Harden is just an overrated player by some fans and media.

SugeKnight
06-20-2012, 04:04 AM
He shouldn't get paid more then Monta, who gets paid 11 mil/year

DQL
06-20-2012, 04:21 AM
idk why he was rated so high. he's a 6th man playing against weaker competitions during some stretches than the starters, averaging under 17ppg and under 4apg in regular season (nothing special). his D is average.

imo he will get exposed once a team signs him to be their 1st option

popo85
06-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Agree with others here he is overrated, so inconsistent one day will have 20 next will miss most of his shots and he's mostly playing against the opponents bench minus the 4th quarter no team should be dumb enough to think he can be there 1st option.

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2012, 05:19 AM
He's had a couple bad games so far in this series, but he's still putting up 16, 5, and 4 in the playoffs.

If you adjust his numbers to 40 mins (Durant and Westy numbers) that would be 21, 7, and 6.

Harden is still a SG with a TON of potential. He had an awful game tonight, but even great players have bad games. Kobe shoots 4-20 every now and then, but he's still one of the most lethal scorers in the game. Give Harden time, I still believe he's a future star (on another team).

JARVIS123
06-20-2012, 05:22 AM
yeah,it lets the other teams face reality b4 offering the big bucks.good player yes franchise no.

gotoHcarolina52
06-20-2012, 05:25 AM
yeah hes playing like garbage, and people here was overrating him saying he's already better than melo

That`s just sad :pity:

kblo247
06-20-2012, 08:00 AM
He's had a couple bad games so far in this series, but he's still putting up 16, 5, and 4 in the playoffs.

If you adjust his numbers to 40 mins (Durant and Westy numbers) that would be 21, 7, and 6.

Harden is still a SG with a TON of potential. He had an awful game tonight, but even great players have bad games. Kobe shoots 4-20 every now and then, but he's still one of the most lethal scorers in the game. Give Harden time, I still believe he's a future star (on another team).

Hrden doesn't defend though. He played this bad vs LA as he shot in the 30's from the field and 20's from three versus both Kobe and Ron, just got more bs calls from flops with the Artest situation.

He is easily the guy Maimi should hand the MVP too because he is a liability on both ends and stalls the offense when he ball handles

kblo247
06-20-2012, 08:03 AM
That`s just sad :pity:

Magics happy go lucky *** was on 570 before the series sipping that koolaid taking he was better than Kobe, Wade, and Manu ... The best SG in the league after the Thunder beat SA to preview the finals. I laughed at him as I know the Kobe hate/bitterness flows deep, but he threw Wade and Manu out there too on am radio which was stupid. I don't even think Harden is a top5 SG, he's good, lucky that he has the two perimeter threats he does, and can be totally reduced to an inefficient chucker when guys actually concentrate on defending him as opposed to Russ and Kevin whichis what Miami has done and the reason LA was in every game

Carey
06-20-2012, 08:19 AM
He was never a max player, he'll get extended this summer for 10 to 12 million per just like he would of before this series.

kblo247
06-20-2012, 08:22 AM
He was never a max player, he'll get extended this summer for 10 to 12 million per just like he would of before this series.

Jordan would max him out I bet

Sportfan
06-20-2012, 08:28 AM
ill give him a max.

theheatles
06-20-2012, 08:33 AM
this might be good for OKC so they can get harden and ibaka for 9-10 mill a piece

Mr_Amaziing
06-20-2012, 08:51 AM
this might be good for OKC so they can get harden and ibaka for 9-10 mill a piece

This
now we are able to resigned both of them for cheaper

But if Okc would like to trade Harden then I would love to get the #2 pick from Charlotte and draft Robinson. Then we can go after Ray Allen or Brandon Roy. Then we can package our 28th pick and Reggie Jackson and move up so we can select Royce White

Pg- Westbrook / Maynor
Sg- Sefo / ( Allen or Roy )
Sf- Durant / White
Pf- Ibaka / Robinson
C- Perkins / Collison

Jarvo
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
But I thought he was better than Wade, Best SG in the NBA and all that other crap some of you were saying on here and ESPN :shrug:

waveycrockett
06-20-2012, 10:30 AM
If he's shown anything is that he is nowhere near the level of Westbrook, Durant, LBJ, Wade in this series which I think alot of people were ready to put him in that category.

Rivera
06-20-2012, 10:30 AM
No a team will give him the max. a team will be desperate

Jarvo
06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Him and Ibaka overrated as hell, It's funny how some were on their jock before the finals started because how the played against the Spurs. But now since those two are playing like crap they're overrated which they were from the start.

ArmLaker
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Harden and Ibaka. Hard-on and Ikaka. Thats all I hear now so I'm glad they got exposed for what they are. I wouldn't trade Gasol for either of these overrated players. This team is Durant, Westbrook, and the Thunder. Not Durant, Westbrook, fake *** max contract Ibaka and All beard no brain Hardon

ChiSox219
06-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Hrden doesn't defend though. He played this bad vs LA as he shot in the 30's from the field and 20's from three versus both Kobe and Ron, just got more bs calls from flops with the Artest situation.

He is easily the guy Maimi should hand the MVP too because he is a liability on both ends and stalls the offense when he ball handles

Those dudes idea of defense was hack everytime and hope the refs didnt call all of the fouls and it damn near worked. Too bad Harden had only 40 fta in 5 games, shouldve been more.