PDA

View Full Version : How about some credit for spo after game 4

Hoopsadvocate
06-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Lebron could have played thruough the cramp he actually wanted to but spo said in the post game press conf he thought he would hurt the team as he was slowing down.

So Spo took him out. Got UD in and they held firm. Meanwhile if lebron had played it would have been 4 on 5 on defense with lebron losing a step and limping. Many of you guys biggest knock on him is he didn t have the courage to tell players things or control his team. Well he told the biggest star in the planet on the biggest stage NO for the sake of his team. And i think if we had a hurt lebron play those final seconds it coudl have easily led to turnovers or shaky defense which might have allowed okc to make a run and possibly win a pivitol game 4.

Give the guy some credit not only for this but on the way he got Bosh to play as a true big this series and encouraging wade to impact the game not just on offense and getting wade and lebron to take less outside shots. And of course to tell his big 3 to trust mario more.

Jay16
06-20-2012, 12:57 AM
They don't credit Spo for wins only losses. Sorry. I've been fighting this battle for ever. They will tell you that Sloan or Jackson would have won it in 4. Don't bother.

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 12:57 AM
i am a spo supporter, it will feel even better when the big3 and spo win it all, close this out thursday!

FlashMacker
06-20-2012, 01:07 AM
I like Spo but he's not a great coach.

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 01:12 AM

how many great coaches are there that have been coaching for 4 years?

Jemikz9Clutch
06-20-2012, 01:19 AM
sure, after we close out the series and win the trophy. Still one more game to win.

dnewguy
06-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Spo is a great Coach.

Mambo Kings
06-20-2012, 02:13 AM
They don't credit Spo for wins only losses. Sorry. I've been fighting this battle for ever. They will tell you that Sloan or Jackson would have won it in 4. Don't bother.

And how many times do we have to hear, from guys like you especially, that coaches don't matter and Spo' is never to blame? I believe it was you exactly who said when the NBA reaches its "Final Four" that coaching is irrelevant.

I can't stand the inconsistency tonight. First, a Spo' critic comes out and regrets every bad thing he's ever said about the man; now, Spo' defenders, who always claim "it's the players that play" and downplay Spoelstra's impact, come out and claim he's due massive credit.

Lebron admitted he didn't fight to get back in the game. It was clear he couldn't go...and for this we need to give Spoelstra a credit thread? That shows how little he's done as a coach, if that's the case. A coach would have to be utterly incompetent and blind to send Lebron back on the floor.

The amount of inconsistency and overreaction on this board is reaching all-time highs.

Rain 816
06-20-2012, 02:28 AM
I like what Spo preaches...he is what this team needs....get it done Spo

theheatles
06-20-2012, 09:17 AM
"Stay the course, weather the storm, hold onto the rope"

Heathead
06-20-2012, 09:40 AM

x2. I think he is improving though with more experience. Last night he had a good game managing subs and timeouts.

AllBall
06-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Since I've changed my sig (Game 5 ECF) to this we've been winning, so I'll change my sig after the next win. lol

SteBO
06-21-2012, 11:58 AM
And how many times do we have to hear, from guys like you especially, that coaches don't matter and Spo' is never to blame? I believe it was you exactly who said when the NBA reaches its "Final Four" that coaching is irrelevant.

I can't stand the inconsistency tonight. First, a Spo' critic comes out and regrets every bad thing he's ever said about the man; now, Spo' defenders, who always claim "it's the players that play" and downplay Spoelstra's impact, come out and claim he's due massive credit.

Lebron admitted he didn't fight to get back in the game. It was clear he couldn't go...and for this we need to give Spoelstra a credit thread? That shows how little he's done as a coach, if that's the case. A coach would have to be utterly incompetent and blind to send Lebron back on the floor.

The amount of inconsistency and overreaction on this board is reaching all-time highs.
And that goes both ways, and your response to Jay was very predictable considering you haven't stopped discrediting Spo. He's a good coach, and he has a couple Finals appearances to show for it. You can't be a good coach and not have that under your belt. :eyebrow:

WadeCounty
06-21-2012, 12:12 PM
even if we were to win the championship I will still say he is a terrible coach. Maybe not the worst in the league but the sig from the guy above is true. "calls time out, no adjustments made", I wish there was a stat to show me from all the time outs he calls how many shots actually went in. Half the time i'll admit it's not his fault as wade always dribbles the ball off of his foot but the other half you have the players on the court with a confused puzzled look as to what they are doing on the court just staring at a fail iso attempt

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 12:20 PM
even if we were to win the championship I will still say he is a terrible coach. Maybe not the worst in the league but the sig from the guy above is true. "calls time out, no adjustments made", I wish there was a stat to show me from all the time outs he calls how many shots actually went in. Half the time i'll admit it's not his fault as wade always dribbles the ball off of his foot but the other half you have the players on the court with a confused puzzled look as to what they are doing on the court just staring at a fail iso attempt

3rd best in all the playoff teams, i put the stat up last week, only the spurs were better than miami.

edit: i found it
But do the numbers back up the anecdotal observations? Yes and no. Synergy Sports provided some offensive efficiency numbers and a few stats stuck out. Only four teams scored more points per possession immediately following timeouts than they did on their overall half-court sets. On average, teams score 0.878 points per possession in half-court sets but only 0.849 points per possession in the first half-court possession after a timeout. Pruiti hypothesizes that while timeouts give coaches an opportunity to call a play, they also ensure the defense is set, which makes scoring more difficult.

The four teams who are better immediately following timeouts: The Memphis Grizzles (0.866 ATO PPP; 0.85 overall PPP), the Los Angeles Lakers (0.914; 0.894), the Miami Heat (0.92; 0.909) and, surprisingly, the Los Angeles Clippers (0.933; 0.912). In fact, only the San Antonio Spurs had a higher ATO PPP (0.939) than the Clippers. Del Negro might call terrible plays—everyone seems to think so, at least—but Chris Paul makes up for a lot.
http://theclassical.org/articles/the-nba-out-of-timeouts

JNoel
06-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Spo has done a great job controlling the guys in these finals, deserves much credit

514_HEAT
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
where's the game 5 thread?

FlashMacker
06-21-2012, 06:37 PM
The biggest thing he did that I thought was really stupid was in the Boston series there was a game Bosh didn't play in the 4th quarter. Spo said he didn't think it was fair to play him. LOL :laugh:

Jemikz9Clutch
06-22-2012, 01:24 AM
good job for our coach! good job! let's win it again! him listening to some opinions of our players is good. both our team and him being a coach is learning and growing.

AllBall
06-22-2012, 01:25 AM
I F***ING LOVE YOU SPO!!!!!

You did it!!!

:D

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 01:27 AM
pop
doc
carlisle
spo

only coaches in the nba who have rings

Jay16
06-22-2012, 01:32 AM

Exactly my point coaching doesn't matter. The execution of a team is what determines who wins and losses. I'm not saying Spo is a great coach I'm simply saying why fire him to bring in something new just because you hate him. And don't get it twisted all this adjustment and Time out crap that you guys preach , you have NO STATS TO BACK IT UP. You just hate Spo and you want something else. You're no better than a Heat hater on PSD, you hate simply because you hate. I'm not inconsistent , you just keep missing my point.

Fnom11
06-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Spo has been absolutely amazing these playoffs and deserves a ton of credit. I wasn't much of a fan before now but he's definitely won me over.

WadeCounty
06-22-2012, 10:02 AM
3rd best in all the playoff teams, i put the stat up last week, only the spurs were better than miami.

edit: i found it
http://theclassical.org/articles/the-nba-out-of-timeouts

that's pretty impressive

sturm
06-22-2012, 11:38 AM
L.o.v.e